(Topic ID: 276632)

Elvria House of Horrors Topper $999.00 ?

By Join_The_Cirqus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F31BDEB1-29B4-471D-AF6F-7A6D2EE244C3 (resized).jpeg
tenor-5.gif
26creepshow1-articleLarge (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200910-134450_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hyena-laughing (resized).jpg
106D5B65-950C-41AD-BFC3-9BC530502120.gif
C6F39EE3-75BD-42EE-A248-BFD883C02897 (resized).jpeg
ElviraTopper_DeadFlip (resized).jpg
AE5635F3-55F8-4B7E-B484-3F1D584E93AF (resized).jpeg
Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
glass (resized).jpg
70365D21-CE68-4E7C-A241-E3AE69922C5B (resized).jpeg
rps20200907_213320 (resized).jpg

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#2 3 years ago
E2B2467D-D178-4DB1-9C46-D76AF3F7DE65 (resized).pngE2B2467D-D178-4DB1-9C46-D76AF3F7DE65 (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

I wonder what it does

#4 3 years ago

I wonder what the profit margin is..

#5 3 years ago

Holy crap

#6 3 years ago

Feels like an Apple product

#7 3 years ago

Holy Smokes.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I wonder what it does

It better crap gold nuggets at that price.

#9 3 years ago

Stern needed to add one more horror to the game.

#10 3 years ago

For $1,000 it better come with nudes.

#11 3 years ago

I’m going to start some popcorn in case there is a mode exclusive to it.

#12 3 years ago

These toppers are always priced higher on sites until their actual release. I'd say until we see the price from Stern we don't actually know the price.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m going to start some popcorn in case there is a mode exclusive to it.

Haha
So true

#14 3 years ago

Zach Meny just fell in love.

#15 3 years ago

Damn! I remember Greg Freres saying on the FNO Twitch stream that there was no way the Elvira topper would be even close to $725. He scoffed at the idea that it would be that expensive.

But that was back in December before the JP Topper showed Stern how many suckers there are in the pinball buying world. And I was ready to support Stern with an overpriced Elvira topper, because I really, really like the game...but this is just too much.

I'm hoping that the price isn't accurate, and that it's just a placeholder.

#16 3 years ago

Prices keep going up to ridiculous heights because people keep buying. It just makes sense for them to keep raising prices until they find the ceiling.
It's a shame really. Sell a few high priced or sell a lot at a fair price. I would think you could make more money by selling in volume.
Good luck with this one, hope it adds a special mode.
-Mike

#17 3 years ago

Limited to 200. Get em' while you can.....

#18 3 years ago
MV5BMGUxYmI2NGItOWU0My00MWZmLWFhODYtYjVjOGVjNDdlNTVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3MDk1NjY@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMGUxYmI2NGItOWU0My00MWZmLWFhODYtYjVjOGVjNDdlNTVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3MDk1NjY@._V1_ (resized).jpg
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

These toppers are always priced higher on sites until their actual release. I'd say until we see the price from Stern we don't actually know the price.

The price we are selling the Elvira topper for is the actual retail price, $999 and Antron77 is correct, there will only be 200 made.

We also have official pricing for Stranger Things toppers, $599, and have the Avengers topper on the site for pre-sale with an estimated $599 based on appearance and expecting a node / mode feature ala Jurassic Park.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/

#20 3 years ago

No thanks I rather use that money to buy another game

#21 3 years ago

Doesn’t look like there is much to it. Definitely not worth $999 plus tax plus shipping

#22 3 years ago

That's ridiculous but then again so is adding a topper in the first place. If it comes stock then fine otherwise leave it alone. JMO

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

JP Topper showed Stern how many suckers there are in the pinball buying world.

The price of the games themselves make us all suckers why not the toppers and mods. At least u guys don't have the exchange rates us foreigners have. Ready for this. A pro now cost's me $8300 over 10 for a Pre and close to 13K for an LE. Who's a sucker? me and I love it. Why I've been known to suck a golf ball through a garden hose

#24 3 years ago

I've never really understood the desire/demand behind toppers, to be honest. But alas, as long as people buy them, they'll keep coming, and cost more and more until the line is drawn. (Which it never will be).

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from King_Jelly:

The price we are selling the Elvira topper for is the actual retail price, $999 and antron77 is correct, there will only be 200 made.
We also have official pricing for Stranger Things toppers, $599, and have the Avengers topper on the site for pre-sale with an estimated $599 based on appearance and expecting a node / mode feature ala Jurassic Park.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/

Thank you to the f_____g idiots on this forum for buying that piece of s__t JP topper. Same idiots who bought the star wars topper and all the other BS.

Why blame stern? You can't. Suckers in this hobby.

#26 3 years ago

I miss the days of Space Shuttle, Black Knight 2000 , High Speed topper days...

#27 3 years ago

For this Prize it has to be better than the BK Topper and I don‘t believe that it will.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why blame stern? You can't. Suckers in this hobby.

U are correct sir.
I always like it when people blame the company for charging a lot to make maximum profit. Don't buy it.

#29 3 years ago

Looks static! No lights no motion ?
At least the topper for Whirlwind on the same site blows you for $124.00

#30 3 years ago

Topper, used Comet off CL, topper, used Firepower on CL, topper, used Gorgar on CL. Lol @ $1000.

Or hell, just get a Munsters topper instead and throw it on top... and then get another Munsters topper and throw it on top of that. 2 Lily's > 0 Elvira's on the top of a game.

#31 3 years ago

You just know there's a number of people who will complain about the price but will buy it anyways.

It's limited, after all!

You'll add an extra $1500+ to your game when you get tired of it and sell it.

#32 3 years ago

Stern's just trying to find the ceiling. Haven't hit it yet.

I get it. When I'm at the poker table and a guy has $1k in front of him, I'm not looking to win $600.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

It's limited, after all!

LIMITED?!?!?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from King_Jelly:

The price we are selling the Elvira topper for is the actual retail price, $999 and antron77 is correct, there will only be 200 made.

Does this topper do anything other than sit on the game?

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Does this topper do anything other than sit on the game?

It apparently drains your bank account while you aren’t looking.

#36 3 years ago

Can we get a HaHa or LOL emoji next to the thumbs up/thumbs down icon?

#37 3 years ago

You would think with all of this money that they would be able to ship the Batman 66 playfield that they promised me last November! I checked in today with Stern and crickets!

#38 3 years ago

Bingo.

The smartest thing that marketing departments of any business ever came up with to attract the average consumer, is "limited edition."

#39 3 years ago

Toppers sucks

011B6EDE-B085-4A4F-8CCA-B5271DC54064 (resized).jpeg011B6EDE-B085-4A4F-8CCA-B5271DC54064 (resized).jpeg
#40 3 years ago

This is the kind of stuff that makes me glad I’m getting out of this hobby.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Sell a few high priced or sell a lot at a fair price. I would think you could make more money by selling in volume.

Selling luxury retail items doesn't work like that. There are enough people who don't care about cost. They just want whatever it is they want.

There's a finite group of buyers for toppers. I would venture to say that most buyers wouldn't spend an extra $300 to get one. So, cutting the price in half doesn't mean Stern could sell 400 of them. And why bother to make twice as many to collect the same amount of money, or drag it out for years by lowering the price even more. A dollar today is worth more than one tomorrow!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Toppers? Yeah they really aren't related to the hobby at all. To think people have lived whole lifetimes without giving a shit!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Elwin's 3rd game just announced; bad time to be getting out of the hobby. Stick around and let others buy the limited run junk.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

For $1,000 it better come with nudes.

Like live... in my game room. With led flasers.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

For this Prize it has to be better than the BK Topper and I don‘t believe that it will.

For this price you could buy 2 animatronic black knight toppers plus with the left over $100 you can buy a fully animatronic talking dead pool head.

The Elvira topper doesnt seem like it would be any cooler than an animatronic head.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Toppers? Yeah they really aren't related to the hobby at all. To think people have lived whole lifetimes without giving a shit!

It’s not just because of these stupid toppers but where pinball is going in general. Wait when all the DLC starts. Gimme a break. The value isn’t there with any of this stuff. Got a few more games to unload and I’ll be glad to watch this train wreck from the sidelines.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

It’s not just because of these stupid toppers but where pinball is going in general. Wait when all the DLC starts. Gimme a break. The value isn’t there with any of this stuff. Got a few more games to unload and I’ll be glad to watch this train wreck from the sidelines.

I really enjoy my games, but I wouldn’t be sad to see some of these companies go under.

#48 3 years ago

The hobby has really changed in the last 5-10 years. Players condition Craigslist games that sat in a pizza place for 10 years before they got to your house were mainstays and you didn’t have to beat a dozen other people there to buy it. Now people are describing machines they have for sale like they’re priceless Picassos and yuppies are dropping thousands on the newest game only to sell it 3 months later.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I get it. Lots of money grabs and filler features. But is it really gonna keep you from enjoying any of the classics? There are plenty of machines out there that are good bang for the dollar. No need to spend any extra money, unless it's some beer n' smoke or something.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Wait when all the DLC starts

Apparently all ready happening with the JP topper and now the Avengers topper!
Stated by Little Shop of Games above.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvria-house-of-horrors-topper-99900- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.