• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Bomba_Mc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello to all.

I having a problem getting the magnet to work when performing the loops for blue suede shoes. It worked once or twice after playing many many games but rarely will it work. What is the process that sets it to go on? Are there switches I should be examining on the playfield? The coil passed the test but there us something not working properly. Can anyone offer some guidance on what I should be looking for?

Thank you in advance.

#2 1 year ago

magnets like to blow fuses, did you check them?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

magnets like to blow fuses, did you check them?

Yes and fuses all check out,,,settings are all set accordingly and coil test passed on the magnet. It just rarely works, if at all, during actual game play.

#4 1 year ago

Don’t know much about Elvis, but if the magnet works in the test, I’d be checking the switches that qualify it next.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Don’t know much about Elvis, but if the magnet works in the test, I’d be checking the switches that qualify it next.

I am not certain which switches apply,,,can anyone offer some direction on which switches I need to check?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Bomba_Mc:

I am not certain which switches apply,,,can anyone offer some direction on which switches I need to check?

The purple inserts on the left orbit and I believe the right inlane turn on when blue suede shoes mode is available or active. Try and hit the left orbit shot and see if it locks the ball down.

6 months later
#7 9 months ago

I will be interested in the resolution because I am having the exact same problem with my elvis machine. I tested the magnet and it works. I dont know what else can be causing this issue or how to access the switches that turn it on during play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvis-stern-magnet-blue-suede-shoes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.