Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pins4u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi all. I'm having issues with my elvis pinball machine, so it won't go into blue suede shoes modes even if I hit the centre loop a number of times etc.. the magnet itself works in test mode but not in the actual game play, never has triggered in game since owned but works in test mode.. Any ideas to sort these to issues out??? thanks

#2 1 year ago

A bad switch near the magnet perhaps?

Another possibility is an adjustment setting has disabled the magnet or the blue suede shoes modes.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

A bad switch near the magnet perhaps?
Another possibility is an adjustment setting has disabled the magnet or the blue suede shoes modes.

Switches all seem to trigger fine.... adjustment settings??? I'll suss that out...

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from richierich85:

adjustment settings?

Page 45 in your manual describes the difficulty settings.

I think I'd pull the glass and try starting it manually. If you still can't do it and the switch gives no indication it's being hit start with the switch. Page 16 shows the switch matrix, figure out which one(s) should be triggering for that shot and see if they are working.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Page 45 in your manual describes the difficulty settings.
I think I'd pull the glass and try starting it manually. If you still can't do it and the switch gives no indication it's being hit start with the switch. Page 16 shows the switch matrix, figure out which one(s) should be triggering for that shot and see if they are working.

I worked out so far to get the magnet working.. I think what is happening now that when I shoot to inner orbit, the rear gate that's controlled by a coil and spring loaded isn't working. the transistor is busted I believe so it's not completing full orbit back around to magnet and top right flipper... it hits the gate and drains down.. so my guess it once I get the gate working I can complete full orbit loops..... Any alternative to a IRL 540N transistor???

#6 1 year ago

Ok new update. I got the coil to work so wasn't the transistor for some strange reason the contact from connectors was bad... So gate coil activates in coil test but it just bounces the actual gate in gameplay does not stay up to let the ball complete loop??? any ideas?? the spring is attached too...

#7 1 year ago

FYI an IRL540N is a VERY common device NOT to be confused with the IR540N (no "L"). This is a part you should order into your parts bin from Element14 or RS Components etc as they are not stocked by Jaycar.

The "L" signifies that the part will work with a "L"ogic level signal - IE usually 5V so it can be directly driven from most ICs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvis-pinball-help?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.