View topic image gallery

Elvis 001.jpg
elviseject2.jpg
elvisejectdamage1.jpg
EBBox_005.jpg
Elvis_005.jpg
Elvis_025.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Found a deal on an Elvis that I could not pass up.
Soon to be in Concert next to my AC/DC.
Any tips from Elvis owners and players is appreciated.
I read in another thread that some people change out the flipper coils for stronger ones.
Any photo's out there of LED's in this game?

#2 10 years ago

The left ramp is broken at the welds on a lot of these games, replacing the screws at the top with posts to bolster the sides and absorb the shock is a good idea.
You may also want to replace the long rubber on the MPF with a shorter one and a mini post rubber to open both return lanes.
Here is a pic of the factory configuration of the rubber behind Elvis with one of the return lanes closed.
LED backbox mod from Arcadeupkeep looks good also, here is the mod installed in my game.
Sorry for the poor quality and the overhead light in the vid but it gives you the idea.

Elvis_025.jpgElvis_025.jpg Elvis_005.jpgElvis_005.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Awesome.
Thanks for the photos as well.

#4 10 years ago

Awesome.
Thanks for the photos as well.

You are welcome.

The longer rubber behind Elvis allows you to bump the ball up to the flipper for another shot at the HBH, by opening both lanes you have to go down the wireform and backhand the ball back up the ramp to get another shot at it.
I don't see a need to replace the coils, the ones on my game make the ramps and other shots without a problem.
I had the idea to make the Elvis sign chase and I sent the pinouts for the flashers to Arcadeupkeep and he made up the board.
Here is a pic of it installed in the game.

EBBox_005.jpgEBBox_005.jpg

#5 10 years ago

That looks great.
I need to make a video of the active backglass for Elvis that I have on my Virtual Pinball.
The guy who made it did a great job of lighting up different areas and making the ELVIS letters do the chase thing.

5 months later
#6 10 years ago

I recommend two "Cliffy" protectors (www.passionforpinball.com) to keep your "Elvis" looking new:

First, install the Shooter Lane Ball Eject Protector (see pictures), and second, install the magnet protector. I even covered the magnet protector with a small circle of mylar, but it isn't necessary.
elvisejectdamage1.jpgelvisejectdamage1.jpgelviseject2.jpgelviseject2.jpg

1 week later
#7 10 years ago

If you haven't done it already, install clear flipper button protectors or you risk wearing down the artwork on the cabinet. It wears off and reveals a white base coat, which is not pretty. Almost all of the routed Stern pins that I've seen from this era have this wear. If the paint is already worn there you can get the black protectors, and they look sharp too.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PinChicago:

If you haven't done it already, install clear flipper button protectors (pinballpal.com has good ones), or you risk wearing down the artwork on the cabinet. It wears off and reveals a white base coat, which is not pretty. Almost all of the routed Stern pins that I've seen from this era have this wear.

I masked that area shot it with semi-gloss then put on new style rails.
This was a routed game and had large white circles.

Elvis 001.jpgElvis 001.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvis-is-on-its-way-any-tips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.