5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Looking for some guidance. Tried redoing a non-working remote battery backup in my Elvis pin; pin was working fine before I did the following: removed the CPU / Sound board so I could fix a broken zip tie that helps attach a clamp over the battery holder on the board, got that accomplished, then put the CPU / Sound board back on and hooked all the connectors back up. What isn't working now are all flippers, flashers, controlled lights. Switches and all GI lighting is on. Music and display working fine. I looked for loose wires, misplaced or missing connectors, bent connector pins, and blown fuses and didn't find anything. I removed the batteries in the remote battery holder too. I tried the Service menu to try to test all the non-working things - they won't work trying it that way. I didn't mess with any of the other boards in the backbox. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Please double check small ribbon cable. Maybe off 1 pin?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Please double check small ribbon cable. Maybe off 1 pin?

pinballplusMN - you were exactly right! The King Lives! Must have had it staggered off by 1 row. Working correctly now. Thank you so much!

IMG_0224 (resized).jpegIMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvis-coils-controlled-lamps-not-working-after-cpu-sound-board-work- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.