batman-66-batarang (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
22449923_894057747417051_5087273298631262559_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2011595.jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
elvira-m-of-the-dark-0002.jpg
th (resized).jpg
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 6 years ago

With a (hopefully final) Elvira pin looming according to some reports....who really wants another Elvira pin? Better yet, who is still watching this crap? What a total cringe fest. I dont get it. Is this just a horny old man thing about their childhood or something?

Cassandra looks WAY better without make up, so I dont get the goth fetish. Red heads will always win over black haired pale chicks.

EATPM is a snoozer for me, SS isnt bad, Ill say that. Another one though? Just a cash grab from the geezers again (cough batman 66, cough).

Its all just really odd to me that people pay money for this kind of garbage. BRING ON THE DOWN VOTES!

#2 6 years ago

1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% this

#3 6 years ago

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

With a (hopefully final) Elvira pin looming according to some reports....who really wants another Elvira pin? Better yet, who is still watching this crap? What a total cringe fest. I dont get it. Is this just a horny old man thing about their childhood or something?
Cassandra looks WAY better without make up, so I dont get the goth fetish. Red heads will always win over black haired pale chicks.
EATPM is a snoozer for me, SS isnt bad, Ill say that. Another one though? Just a cash grab from the geezers again (cough batman 66, cough).
Its all just really odd to me that people pay money for this kind of garbage. BRING ON THE DOWN VOTES!
» YouTube video

I don't watch it and never really have. I still love scared Stiff though. Great call outs and a really well designed light hearted game. I'm 38 and would love another Elvira game.

A little ironic that someone that owns Barb Wire is worked up over Elvira pins.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't watch it and never really have. I still love scared Stiff though. Great call outs and a really well designed light hearted game. I'm 38 and would love another Elvira game.
A little ironic that someone that owns Barb Wire is worked up over Elvira pins.

I do NOT own BW. Thats a loaner. Im about sick of her too, WOZ is coming back.

#6 6 years ago

Really? My 36yo wife loves Elvira. I wouldn't call her a horny old man. We are going to see the show on Thursday.

#7 6 years ago

I really don't think there needs to be 3 pins but I have EATPM and think its a great game. Ive never watched the show, could care less really. The wife wanted it, bought it cheap, fixed it up and really enjoy it.

Edit, looked at your games, Id take eatpm over any of the ones you already own, and scared stiff for sure.

#8 6 years ago

I really don't understand what Elvira is really. Never understood the lure.

The callout "Oh, nice organ" is my fave though.

#9 6 years ago

Personally I feel the same thing. It's like old guys thinking they are pulling one over on there wives or something....LOL.

John

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Personally I feel the same thing. It's like old guys thinking they are pulling one over on there wives or something....LOL.
John

Strange, my wife is the one that says I can never sell Scared Stiff.

#11 6 years ago

Different strokes for different folks! Not everyone likes every theme. Think it will be neat to see what gets done with the pin in this generation compared to the previous 2.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I really don't think there needs to be 3 pins but I have EATPM and think its a great game. Ive never watched the show, could care less really. The wife wanted it, bought it cheap, fixed it up and really enjoy it.
Edit, looked at your games, Id take eatpm over any of the ones you already own, and scared stiff for sure.

eatpm is a great game !

#13 6 years ago

Scared Stiff is the greatest pinball machine ever made and a new one (with current technology) might be even better...soooo, we're all into that........understand?

#14 6 years ago

I'm 32 and my girlfriend is 31...I've liked Elvira since I was a kid (largely influenced by my late mother) and my girlfriend's favorite pin is Scared Stiff. Had Elvira not been at the last TPF, we likely wouldn't have made the trip this year, so I'm under the impression she's still relevant, and not just to horny old men

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm 32 and my girlfriend is 31...I've liked Elvira since I was a kid (largely influenced by my late mother) and my girlfriend's favorite pin is Scared Stiff. Had Elvira not been at the last TPF, we likely wouldn't have made the trip this year, so I'm under the impression she's still relevant, and not just to horny old men

What's the draw then? I really don't even understand what she is famous for.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just campy fun.....and a cool pinball machine....

#17 6 years ago

I’m not really into Elvira, but many people are. Stern wouldn’t make it if they didn’t think it would sell, and they’ve done pretty good on themes in the recent pass, other then the bizarre WWE misfire. I guess Pinball is going the way of movies. Sequels are the surest things! SW, Elvira, old rock bands, etc.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is this just a horny old man thing about their childhood or something?

Are you saying Elvira fans experienced horny old men as children?

#19 6 years ago

Judging by the line at TPF everytime she appeared I'd say there is still a healthy want. And the line had every age and sex one would expect to see at a pinball show, so not just a horny old man thing. It's merely kitsch that appeals to some and not so much to others. Don't get me wrong, I am all about gameplay more than theme, but theme does have its appeal. Whether its sex(which always has and always will sell) or nostalgia or a like of a genre there is an audience for every thing out there. Just look at unboxing videos on utube. Really??? My two cents.

Shawn

#20 6 years ago

Absolutely in for another Elvira pin. I'm a huge fan of the two films - Elvira Mistress of the Dark and Haunted Hills. I prefer HH because the first film is a bit too 80s camp for me, but both her films are classic B grade horror.

The work that she has done is commonly mistaken as just a boob fest and a bit of a wank for old men. It's pretty easy to see why. But if you watch the films you realise she's actually a very strong female role that twists the norms of women in movies like these. My feminist wife (and yes I'm also a feminist) was surprised when she watched them for the first time and realised her views were mistaken previously.

Scared Stiff is also my wife's favourite pin and whenever I think of selling it she gets angry at me. SS is staying in the game room even if I'd like to move it on!

Bring on the third game!

#21 6 years ago

I had no idea that TV show was still on. Not that I ever watched it in the first place. Was she supposed to be funny?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Try making some sense next time.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

She was a heck of a beer saleswoman, but that's about all I remember about her.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

People that don't get Elvira probably missed the era of the late night horror show on basic cable tv. This was before we had 300 channels to choose from on Comcast. It was an hour for insomniacs, "B" horror buffs, and perhaps a little PG-13 T and A for 13 year old boys like myself. I have a lot of nostalgia for this era of television because I caught Elvira during my adolescence.

#25 6 years ago

New Elvira pin? Hell yeah! Everybody loves Elvira !

#26 6 years ago

I'd rather have a Svengoolie pin...

#27 6 years ago

I ♡ Elvira

#28 6 years ago

No stranger to me than yet another Star Wars theme.

And I really enjoy playing EATPM.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I'd rather have a Svengoolie pin...

+1

At least that dude makes me laugh.

#30 6 years ago

Elvira rules.. she made a good career out of a very niche sector of horror fans without really entering the mainstream. Owns her own character and has no answer to nobody but herself.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You are too young to understand so there’s no sense in trying to tell you. Just go back to your room and drool over your Miley Cyrus poster.

#32 6 years ago

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Joe Bob Briggs pinball game yet.

fd13cae0bb6f7559fc726e561157f2e4--monster-movie-a-crush (resized).jpgfd13cae0bb6f7559fc726e561157f2e4--monster-movie-a-crush (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago

Oh yeah, and Elvira is the sh*t! Move along kids if you don’t like her and leave us big people alone!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Strange, my wife is the one that says I can never sell Scared Stiff.

Same here TOTAN&SS are no sales

#35 6 years ago

images-10 (resized).jpgimages-10 (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago

I imagine at this point it's nostalgia. Pervy nostalgia, but nostalgia nonetheless.

#37 6 years ago

My sentiments exactly. When I'm buying...

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

My 36yo wife loves Elvira. I wouldn't call her a horny old man.

If you change your mind, my services are available.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Screenshot_20171009-180948 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171009-180948 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171009-180809 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171009-180809 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171009-181017 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171009-181017 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171009-181034 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171009-181034 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171009-181052 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171009-181052 (resized).png

#40 6 years ago

You asked for downvotes, so I gave you mine. I love when people are closeminded to anything they have not experienced in life. Cassandra Peterson made an iconic character that transcended generations. I remember her from my youth and even remember my father making comments when we watched all those horrible movies with her in tow. You have no clue as to the nostalgic factor and, harmless excitement she allowed so many of us to enjoy. Most of the crap out there now is just rude.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

#41 6 years ago

I'm glad I had better things to do when that annoying lady was on TV.

#42 6 years ago

Hopefully they do a better job than what they did to poor Indiana Jones.

#43 6 years ago

I'm buying Elvira 3 to go with my EATPM and SS and I don't care what anyone else thinks!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad I had better things to do when that annoying bitch was on TV.

You were probably never up that late.

odin (resized).jpgodin (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

You were probably never up that late.

Oh I was and I tried. Just couldn't get into it. Wasn't funny. And her voice was like nails on a chalkboard.

#46 6 years ago

This game should be announced on Halloween this year! It just makes good business sense.......I got my fingers crossed!

#47 6 years ago

Anyone who has a problem with Elvira for her nostalgia appeal or questions why she has a fan base probably is upset they haven’t made a Pokemon pinball machine that gives you a medal for turning the game on.

#48 6 years ago

Elvira had a couple of really cool first person RPG style computer games in the early 90's too.

#49 6 years ago

To the OP, how does it feel to be schooled by fellow Pinsiders for your ridiculous and pointless post?

#50 6 years ago

The only people who look like they're being schooled , are those that admit they want another "nostalgia" pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 38.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvirawho-is-still-into-this-crap?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.