batman-66-batarang (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
22449923_894057747417051_5087273298631262559_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2011595.jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
elvira-m-of-the-dark-0002.jpg
th (resized).jpg
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 6 years ago

Wow 129 down votes.
is that a pinside record?

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The truth is "crap" shouldn't be taken as an offensive word. I believe it evolved from the word "crapper" which was the last name of Thomas Crapper who was a good plumber and engineer in his day and started his own company that sold fine plumbing fixtures.

Funny you mention this...when I was maybe 10 or 11 back in the mid 80's I was playing trivial pursuit with my family and a question I got was who invented the flush comode? I didn't know the answer but i took a guess and said his name is Crapper....

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Wow 129 down votes.

I think this one has the record.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yall-aint-gonna-believe-this

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Wow 129 down votes.

A worthy goal.....

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I could care less about Star Trek and Star Wars as themes.

Yes but HOW much less?

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

It's not about being overly sensitive, it's about basic manners. If you introduce me to a friend of yours that I never met and I then proceed to say "Wow your car is a piece of crap, why would you drive something like that?", would that make them overly sensitive for being annoyed? Sure it's just pinball and this is just a forum, but personally I wouldn't type something here that I wouldn't say to someone in person.

It isn't so much YOUR car is a piece of shit it is this type/brand car is a piece of shit. Take it for what it's worth, a opinion.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yes but HOW much less?

Probably not enough to think about?

"Could care less" used to bug me, too, but now I think of it as meaning "caring so little that I won't take the time to decide exactly how much I do care and whether even less is possible, as that would be too much caring right there." In these terms it sounds like "couldn't care less" cares more than "could..."!

If people would just speak plainly they could say simply "I don't care." (As in "at all.")

#359 6 years ago

Well, there's A LOT going on with ELVIRA, so I guess many, many people think she's still relevant!

http://www.sgvtribune.com/2017/10/18/heres-why-elvira-is-retiring-from-knotts-scary-farm/

Sorry OP, you see? You couldn't be more wrong... even when you buy a SF pinball or hot-glue matchbox diecasts into your T2 playfield.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#360 6 years ago

Man I wish there was a way I could thumbs down this stupid thread title like five more times.

#361 6 years ago

I don't really care for the Elvira games myself, but I gave the thumbs down to the OP, because..... I don't really care what other people like.... You shouldn't either.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Probably not enough to think about?
"Could care less" used to bug me, too, but now I think of it as meaning "caring so little that I won't take the time to decide exactly how much I do care and whether even less is possible, as that would be too much caring right there." In these terms it sounds like "couldn't care less" cares more than "could..."!
If people would just speak plainly they could say simply "I don't care." (As in "at all.")

Actually, according to your rationalization they would say "I do care a tiny little bit but not enough to spend the time calculating exactly how much caring there is to do on my behalf"

#363 6 years ago

I clicked the link just to add to that number

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I clicked the link just to add to that number

YOU CARE!!

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Remember, if it wasn't for Seymour, Elvira would not be here.

YEAH! I remember watching him. Seymour was awesome! A great one who is unknown or forgotten by most. He died tragically young, and soon after Elvira came in.

#366 6 years ago

Elvira is way hotter! But hey, that's just my opinion....

#367 6 years ago

Man, there are some salty people in here. I personally find the Elvira "theme" to be just too campy and super old. What we should want is some more contemporary themes, not acknowledge that this is, in fact, an "old guy's" hobby.

We need more Rick and Mortys and less Elviras nowadays. Make the themes fresher.

Yes, they're great games. But I think op was really asking why we have to make yet another one. I like the games despite their theme.

#368 6 years ago

Rick and who?

#369 6 years ago

Quoted from Doctor6: We need more Rick and Mortys

There isn't enough fantastic boobs there

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man, there are some salty people in here. I personally find the Elvira "theme" to be just too campy and super old. What we should want is some more contemporary themes, not acknowledge that this is, in fact, an "old guy's" hobby.
We need more Rick and Mortys and less Elviras nowadays. Make the themes fresher.
Yes, they're great games. But I think op was really asking why we have to make yet another one. I like the games despite their theme.

Its kinda hard to argue that. I had to do some Googling, it looks like Elvira's first Knotts Scary Farm appearance was 1982. I am pretty sure I went that year or possibly the year after and saw her show there. 35 years ago.......... <choke> It was a great time. The Scary Farm was still new then and was a reasonably good time. Over the years it has morphed into a giant thing, don't even think about driving anywhere within 10 miles of that place during the months of September and October, it is just madness with traffic everywhere. Luckily I can relive it with a brand new pinball machine

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But I think op was really asking why we have to make yet another one.

Because Scared Stiff is one of the greatest games ever made and we want MORE!

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Simple. Some hobbies attract mostly rednecks. Some, mostly nerds. Some, thrill seekers.
Pinball attracts a certain subset of all of them! So it is to be expected that there will be some level of confrontation.

Who invited these "nerds" to the party anyway?

Back in the day the rednecks and thrill seekers would have kicked their asses.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Because Scared Stiff is one of the greatest games ever made and we want MORE!

We know Ted. Why else would you have one in your current collection and in your wish-list

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

There isn't enough fantastic boobs there

The boobs they do show are about as real as elviras.

#375 6 years ago

I am a huge fan of campy horror and if E3 is done well and is a good game I'm in. SS has so many great lines and inside jokes that always keeps me coming back. "Bad head? You devil you!".

Humor is missing from pinball these days. Why so serious?

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

I am a huge fan of campy horror and if E3 is done well and is a good game I'm in. SS has so many great lines and inside jokes that always keeps me coming back. "Bad head? You devil you!".
Humor is missing from pinball these days. Why so serious?

This is the reason the classics are still cherished. They had a feeling that pulls you in to love the games. Not cold and over calculated. It was enough to keep you interested but not so deep to make you board.

#377 6 years ago

And pinball art is all about keeping true to reality, right?

sandsglas11 (resized).jpgsandsglas11 (resized).jpg

viper2 (resized).jpgviper2 (resized).jpg

861d643d8d11701decdad20a79b21de6--pinball-geeks (resized).jpg861d643d8d11701decdad20a79b21de6--pinball-geeks (resized).jpg

#378 6 years ago

Google Cassandra Peterson those are all real American boobs

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Google Cassandra Peterson those are all real American boobs

LOL!

You may want to look at pics from her early 'career' and then more recent ones.

#380 6 years ago

LOL!
You may want to look at pics from her early 'career' and then more recent ones.

I read that she did have implants done, some suspected date of around the late 80s, though didn't see anything else to confirm. Guess I'll just have to keep analyzing those pics

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

And pinball art is all about keeping true to reality, right?

I'm just not a fan of skin stretched over medical balloons. To each their own though.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I read that she did have implants done, some suspected date of around the late 80s, though didn't see anything else to confirm. Guess I'll just have to keep analyzing those pics

Its beyond obvious. Check out her early nude pics and then something like this

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Elvira/Elvira+Linda+Blair+Fright+Dome/YaVNxuY5OqS

#383 6 years ago

what about her legs?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#384 6 years ago

Elvira gives me the creeps, I dunno it's just so off. If they modernize it a little and use the generation she had some part in influencing, then we are talking. They spin this using any one of the many modern nerdy cosplay girls and then you have a pin you can sell a shit load off.

#385 6 years ago

How's your head?

Had no complaints so far...

Hahahahaha... Great Elvira cinema moment

#386 6 years ago

Take your pick

5d4b9b6fe4020818e52ca372601d521e98eb9ae1_hq (resized).jpg5d4b9b6fe4020818e52ca372601d521e98eb9ae1_hq (resized).jpg

#387 6 years ago

The one in the center!

2 years later
#388 4 years ago

Roku channel has the series 13 nights of Elvira up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
£ 38.00
£ 38.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 249.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvirawho-is-still-into-this-crap/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.