batman-66-batarang (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
22449923_894057747417051_5087273298631262559_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
2011595.jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
elvira-m-of-the-dark-0002.jpg
th (resized).jpg
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

At my model house where models in their 20s fly in and stay for work, the one name every single girl knows about and recognizes when I had them there are the Elvira machines.

Proper Pinside etiquette would be to post pictures showing examples of this behavior.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What planet are you from?

If the tv is on, it's on sports.

Quoted from o-din:

But the first time this five year old kid saw Jeannie in her skimpy outfit, I was hooked. And I'm sure I wasn't alone.

When tv land started my wife was always wanting to watch I dream of genie and bewitched. I was like hell ya! Barbara Eden was a total babe!

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If the tv is on, it's on sports.

Dude, I watch TV a lot!!!! NFL, NHL, NASCAR... (no soccer, I already had my lifetime share of it).... but also TONS of movies and series!

IMG_20171001_145836 (resized).jpgIMG_20171001_145836 (resized).jpg

#204 6 years ago

I tell you, this babe is still hot.

th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg

#205 6 years ago

If we can't have Elvira...how about Vampirella?!!

And if the big boobs are the issue, I'm all for seeing more buffy out there by someone!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

images-1 (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpg

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

As I got older, I was never attracted to the whole goth thing, still am not

To each his own. I never found the artificial blonde look very attractive myself, which put me at odds with most of the 80s and 90s, I think.

Quoted from Frax:

and the combination of the character's "valley girl" (very appropriate comparison whoever said that) attitude with the goth thing is just... ugh

That would be me(taking it verbatim from Cassandra in the first place, I would add). The whole point of it is a send up of convention. It's a mash-up parody which played with both "California Blonde" and B-movie horror culture. Her valley girl act started in her days with the Groundlings, and then she added the "Mistress of the Dark" accouterments once she won the role of Elvira.
If you don't get that it is not just about T&A, but rather a very weird confluence of Americana, horror movies and comedy that is pretty unique, then I don't think it will ever make sense. And, if you dig that kind of stuff, no explanation is necessary.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm getting it now. When I was a kid we had Jeannie, and I just couldn't look away....

She's 85 now. There a ton of women wish they would look like that at 85.

IMG_3585 (resized).JPGIMG_3585 (resized).JPG

#208 6 years ago

I think that just because Dennis is so into the brand that he's geeked to make a Elvira game and probably told Stern or who ever is making it that "if you want a game from me then this is what I'm going to make...take it or leave it." The brand itself is dead but people still like it for what it is but there is nothing new there to keep it alive in my opinion.

John

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The brand itself is dead

Well, they resurrected Aerosmith, didn't they?

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, whatever dude. I get T&A...just not ancient T&A.

I was just joshin'

#211 6 years ago

I don't get the OP's angst. Humorous, campy horror is the perfect theme for pinball. Sex-appeal is a bonus, and Cassandra's voice work is perfect. I hope it is a hit.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Humorous, campy horror is the perfect theme for pinball.

And the fact that is was popular in the 80s makes it a shoe in.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

She's 85 now. There a ton of women wish they would look like that at 85.

Wow, how many botox and silicone pounds?

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This whole thread was made to insult people for liking something. Wtf? Pinside doesn't have to be like this.

Seems to me like some the most popular threads are also the most contentious.

Scams, ripoffs, child molestors, pricing debates, etc...

Feelgood threads of the year typically don't go too far around here...unless you have a chair in yard

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I was just joshin'

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

popular threads are also the most contentious.

Because we're *all* sh--heads.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, how many botox and silicone pounds?

Just enough.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

.... BRING ON THE DOWN VOTES!
» YouTube video

you troll here often?

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

actually it's #4 ....should be #1...but give it time....

On IPDB, but that is slanted towards Bally/Williams to a fault. On the Pinside Top 100 it's 17, which might be closer to the truth than #4, but Pinside skews heavy newb, so it's kinda stupid too.

So there ya have it!

One thing we can all agree on, Magic Girl is DEAD LAST in all polls. Kaneda can rave about it being the "most beautiful machine ever" (very debatable), but the damn thing doesn't flip...so it's LAST! Lol.

#219 6 years ago

One of my favorite games! Wish I could get my Scared Stiff back also.

15076779538671496802231 (resized).jpg15076779538671496802231 (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago

You will...you will...

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I find this whole thing interesting because it's a niche sequel game that appeals to a small group of pinheads - it's basically High Speed 3 or another Black Knight. There's no way this thing would be getting made if it weren't for the other two games, because let's face it, in 2017 I can't imagine there's much value in the Elvira brand itself.
The suggestions that this is going to be a small run game at a high price makes sense, as it's not a theme that's going to appeal to the masses. But as is shown here there's a small but loud group of Elvira fanatics, so it goes to follow there's a small but loud group of pinball fans who will open their wallets up for this one.

But will it have a variable random response flipper delay? Because that's what everyone will want to know...

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds about right. When the show was on, there were plenty of nice boobies my own age which is probably why I didn't feel the need.

Freaking nailed it. In Huntington Beach CA in the late 70's/early 80's, I was not getting excited over pale gothic Milfs on TV.

#223 6 years ago

"We're both 36. This was prime-time for Elvira. Sure, you'd find magazines no problem at that age. I guess I didn't discriminate as much. I'm talking like age 8-12 here." - quote by someone (reply fail)

Primetime Elvira was 2001?

#224 6 years ago

I am really looking forward to this new Elvira. I always wanted to add SS to my collection but didn't care to have another 20+ year old game because I just simply don't have the time to be fixing things all the time that normal comes along with a older game. I hope they really out do themselves on this one because I want to own it. Just have to wait and see.

#225 6 years ago

I can't believe you guys are arguing over this. Either you like her or you don't. Either you will like the gam or you won't. I like Elvira, she was a funny, witty, smartass woman and I always like the creep spook house sort of thing. I wish Scared Stiff had more to the code as it's a good looking game but it got old to me really quick. If aster does this franchise right and the game looks and plays well and they actually finish the code and the clear doesn't fall off and the cab doesn't fall apart I would love to own one in the future.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This whole thread was made to insult people for liking something. Wtf? Pinside doesn't have to be like this.
We all know how to find tits and a lot more. Elvira isn't really about sex. It's about campy horror, puns, that B movie vibe. There's no nudity. It's about suggestion and innuendo, wordplay. Elvira isn't a submissive fantasy, she's the host and in charge. It's not sex, it's sex appeal.
Now if you don't see the difference, you don't like horror camp, whatever, that's fine. Glad we like different things. That keeps a variety of pins being made.
EATPM is one of my all time favs. I see the playfield I restored in this thread lol.
Scared Stiff is one of best themes. As a game it gets old. I stopped playing after hitting the wizard mode twice in one game. Just lost the play appeal. Sold it. But if I had room to keep games I don't play I would have kept it lol.
If I don't like a game I don't insult everyone who does. Who does that?

Well said. This thread is nothing but a spam thread. If someone doesn't like the theam don't buy it. Why make a whole thread just to put others down or label them as horny old men.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, by the time Nick at Night showed it there were plenty of other options. But the first time this five year old kid saw Jeannie in her skimpy outfit, I was hooked. And I'm sure I wasn't alone.

Let's not forget we only had 12 channels to watch back then. And you had to watch it when it was on. Your whole evening was scheduled around the TV guide! Kids today don't know how lucky they are.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

"We're both 36. This was prime-time for Elvira. Sure, you'd find magazines no problem at that age. I guess I didn't discriminate as much. I'm talking like age 8-12 here." - quote by someone (reply fail)
Primetime Elvira was 2001?

Math is hard.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Let's not forget we only had 12 channels to watch back then. And you had to watch it when it was on. Your whole evening was scheduled around the TV guide! Kids today don't know how lucky they are.

Let's not forget we only had 3 stations on the radio to listen to back then. Kids these days don't know how lucky they are!

- Some old guy in the 70's.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Let's not forget we only had 3 stations on the radio to listen to back then. Kids these days don't know how lucky they are!
- Some old guy in the 70's.

Damn that's old.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I used to watch that on Nick at Night reruns when I was a kid, and I didn't like the show, so there you go.

Don’t forget Rhonda on USA channel and her show up all night. I think I saw her on tv the other day selling some type of bras on those channels where people call in and order random stuff like home shopping network,etc.

#232 6 years ago

i like Elvira. I would be super excited about a new Elvira pin, but I can't promise i'd buy it myself. i would certainly hug any local operator that put it on location, though.

Aurich was right on with his comments -- summed it up better than i could.

For anyone who finds it weird that i would be a fan of Elvira, i think this review of "Elvira: Mistress of the Dark" is coming from a similar place: http://www.agonybooth.com/elvira-mistress-of-the-dark-1988-feminist-20963

(warning: that movie review may be considered "political" .. feel free to not click it. i hope merely posting a link with a warning is not violating any Pinside politics rules.)

#233 6 years ago

I dont get it.
» YouTube video

I guess the main reason would be some people like the theme.

Goldwing & BW aren't my cup of tea. But I'm glad you enjoy them enough to have them in your collection.

Hooray for personal taste.

#234 6 years ago

Love the theme and the innuendo. So I guess you can say I'm still into this crap

#235 6 years ago

The only crap in this thread is the blatant, uncalled-for disparagement of a perfectly fine pinball theme. If anything, her shtick makes for one of the better themes to have ever been used.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Elvira..whats next, a pitch and bat machine?

Lol

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

The only crap in this thread is the blatant, uncalled-for disparagement of a perfectly fine pinball theme.

I like crap because it makes things interesting around here.

#238 6 years ago

Nurmi's Vampira character was inspired by the The New Yorker cartoons of Charles Addams in the forties. In 1981 Nurmi was hired to recreate The Vampira Show, and when Nurmi quit, Elvira was created. This shtick has been around a long time, and also gave us one of the best selling pins of all time - The Addams Family.

tumblr_lipfi9V7uQ1qa70eyo1_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_lipfi9V7uQ1qa70eyo1_1280 (resized).jpg

#239 6 years ago

If you build it they will come.... it's obvious you can theme about anything and some will love it and some hate it. Bring it on, why not... gives us something to choose from and talk about. I'm seeing a span of demographics here...BM66,Elvira3 go towards the older crowd maybe sure but then you have stern pumping out pin after pin for the younger instant gratification younger kids (partial serious and partially joking) come on Jjsmooth .. I'll want to see that E3 and new whizbang all stars at league soon! Ha

#240 6 years ago

Wonder if we'll get some Oak Ridge Boys.

Giddy up oom poppa omm poppa mow mow

#241 6 years ago

BRING ON THE DOWN VOTES!

107 and counting...

BTW, thanks for the awesome youtube link!

#242 6 years ago

WOW! This blew up...pretty great. A lot of posters in here that are either new or dont post a lot, glad I could make you active again!

Also this troll who sits on his computer all day watching TV and looking for posts of mine....lol

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

107 and counting...
BTW, thanks for the awesome youtube link!

Any way, Elvira just isnt my cup of tea. I just dont get "kitsch" humor I guess. Ill throw a quarter in her, but Ill never own one. Ever.

As for the "its not about sex" arguments, then why are her boobs 3/4 of the way out of her shirt? What does that accomplish other than providing sex appeal? She could be buttoned up all the way and you would still know they were in there and she would still be "funny". Its just gratuitous.

As for GW and BW hate....thats kinda odd. GW is a fun game with some fun shots. I dont understand the hate for that. BW has a good layout, but the rules are just bad. That game could be pretty fun with new rules. Theyre both loaners though, so theyll be gone after a while. WOZ coming back by popular demand. My wife, friends, and extended family all love that game to death. I myself, think its a tad boring after a while with how linear it is, but I was willing to free up a spot for it again.

We all have our own opinions on games. These threads are what keep it spicy around here. Down votes mean absolutely nothing to me, so no worries there. I just knew they would come. Carry on!

#243 6 years ago

GW and BW....WHO's still into that crap??

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

Really? My 36yo wife loves Elvira. I wouldn't call her a horny old man. We are going to see the show on Thursday.

Can confirm that Elvira has many fans in our women's pinball group.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

GW and BW....WHO's still into that crap??

Do you even still own pinball machines?

#246 6 years ago

As for the "its not about sex" arguments, then why are her boobs 3/4 of the way out of her shirt? What does that accomplish other than providing sex appeal? She could be buttoned up all the way and you would still know they were in there and she would still be "funny". Its just gratuitous.

It's not much different than the exaggerated boobs on females in comic books, it's just part of the role as sort of a living comic book character

429ea453184e7a17ca9da1b7675353bf--marvel-comic-character-red-sonja (resized).jpg429ea453184e7a17ca9da1b7675353bf--marvel-comic-character-red-sonja (resized).jpg

#247 6 years ago

I’m excited for a new Elvira pin! I not only love the first two but I am a huge fan of horror and Elvira. SHE IS REAL FINE TOO To this day

#248 6 years ago

WOW! This blew up...pretty great. A lot of posters in here that are either new or dont post a lot, glad I could make you active again!
Also this troll who sits on his computer all day watching TV and looking for posts of mine....lol

Any way, Elvira just isnt my cup of tea. I just dont get "kitsch" humor I guess. Ill throw a quarter in her, but Ill never own one. Ever.
As for GW and BW hate....thats kinda odd. GW is a fun game with some fun shots. I dont understand the hate for that. BW has a good layout, but the rules are just bad. That game could be pretty fun with new rules. Theyre both loaners though, so theyll be gone after a while. WOZ coming back by popular demand. My wife, friends, and extended family all love that game to death. I myself, think its a tad boring after a while with how linear it is, but I was willing to free up a spot for it again.
We all have our own opinions on games. These threads are what keep it spicy around here. Down votes mean absolutely nothing to me, so no worries there. I just knew they would come. Carry on!

(1) Yes, I work on my computer, so I have plenty of time to check on pinside!
(2) I happen to be a proud owner of 2 Elvira pins and I'm definitely buying the 3rd!
(3) Given this gratuitous offensive thread and your overall posts, I wonder... who's the real troll here?
(4) Seeing your collection and comparing to mine... well, now I'm sure that envy really sucks...
(5) BTW, people who fills their pinball machines with tasteless hot-wheels "mods" should get no respect.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(6) 113 and counting...

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I don't get the OP's angst. Humorous, campy horror is the perfect theme for pinball. Sex-appeal is a bonus, and Cassandra's voice work is perfect. I hope it is a hit.

Your kidding right pinside is wear you come to bitch

#250 6 years ago

Quite the thread already, lol. I will drop in to say that I am not a huge fan of either Elvira machine but my wifes (33 years old) favorite table is Scarred Stiff to the point that we have SS magnets on the fridge. She did ask what Elvira was famous for, I remember the beer commercials from my youth but never watched her show. I do not think it was on here in New England.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

£ 38.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
10,000 (Firm)
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

£ 37.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvirawho-is-still-into-this-crap/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.