Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by vintageclub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

In this current COVIT-19 situation I can't get my repairman out so thought I'd ask the question

My machine powers on and you can play from 30seconds to 2mins before the machine drops power and reboots - any thoughts a semi-techie person could look for - surely not a fuse. It's just started doing it but I am assuming it will be some logic board or electronic component i will need equipment for - BUT HERE GOES.

Paul

#2 3 months ago
Quoted from wbuteboy:

In this current COVIT-19 situation I can't get my repairman out so thought I'd ask the question
My machine powers on and you can play from 30seconds to 2mins before the machine drops power and reboots - any thoughts a semi-techie person could look for - surely not a fuse. It's just started doing it but I am assuming it will be some logic board or electronic component i will need equipment for - BUT HERE GOES.
Paul

Very common issue with 90s Williams Bally games. Usually it's related to low +5volts. There are mods you can make to the driver board to jump up the.power. Also, the "z" connectors like to cause issues. Try disconnecting and reconnecting them while the game is off. A company makes a little board that bumps the +5volts up to com ok compensate for the issue, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside