IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I've got an LE on order!
Sorry - I couldn't wait - I've been waiting for 3 years LOL

1 week later
#32 4 years ago

Just got LE #2!

FYI - it costs extra for special #'s but I'm an Elvira fan - she's worth it!

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Also, one question.
When setting up, I removed the foam block from the Deadhead crypt, but I could not find a plastic zip tie ANYWHERE that needed removal, as the paper taped to the playfield instructed. Did I miss something critical? Everything seems to work fine.....except front door shots which occasionally do not register.

There is foam and zip ties under the playfield, for the gargoils

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I’m considering getting a different game. I’m waiting on a premium. Looks really cool but I really don’t want to buy a headache. When I got Munsters LE I had no issues. This sounds like a massive Pain in the a**. Not sure what I should do

FYI - My experience with Elvira HOH has been great and the game is completely playable. The code isn't done yet, but nothing keeping the game from being awesome right now. Diospinball has a switch issue he needs to fix.

#215 4 years ago

New Elvira Code!!!

V0.84.0 - Oct. 16, 2019
=======================

- Added sounds for the start of Junk In The Trunk multiball.
- Added game over display effect.
- Inhibited trunk lock speech if lock was not lit.
- Removed duplicate speech for shooting the house ramp to advance to light
the next haunt.
- Added sounds for Junk In The Trunk lit and Junk In The Trunk ball
locked.
- Dimmed the playfield lamps for skill shot. This makes the skill shot
lights stand out a bit more.
- Fixed a bug in the HauntOMeter where if a shot was made during Teenagers
From Outer Space or The Werewolf of Washington during the grace period
and the HauntOMeter was not on the display, the game would crash.
- Added video for Hand Of Fate lit. Cleaned up text.
- Changed double trouble so the lit lanes cannot be stacked.
- Double trouble lights the lane based on the last target bank that was
completed. Left Bank=Left Return Lane, Right Bank=Right Return Lane.
- Added animations for lighting Double Trouble.
- Added a mechanism to allow the HauntOMeter to play when the display for
the award terminates.
- Added animations, sounds, and text/instructions for Gargoyles Gone Wild.
Cleaned up scoring.
- Added light shows for starting a haunt.
- Fixed torgo "I'll get the luggage" video and speech.
- Added sounds and text for Shoot Again.
- Fixed a problem that would cause the game to reset during the final
(turret) haunt.
- Changed Happy Hour music so it starts with an intro.
- Added additional sounds and speech to The Werewolf of Washington haunt.
- Fixed a problem during video playback where it was possible for a blank
frame to be rendered between successive video clips.
- Added additional sounds and speech to The Night of the Living Dead
haunt.
- Drop target is left down during multiball.
- Added full Elvira video outros to haunt completions.
- Added additional stock music for The Night of the Living Dead haunt.
- Added Jar Head (deadhead) to the Deadhead Family Crypt.
- Added a light show for Crypt Phase start.
- Added some Elvira popups. These are videos with speech that show up
during gameplay.
- Added additional sounds and speech to the Teenagers From Outer Space
haunt.

#286 4 years ago

Did you remove the packing materials from under the playfield? There are a couple foam pads and zip ties that keep the Gar-Goils from moving during shipping.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

Not watching the clip takes away the part of what to shoot for next, it's an important part of the game.

That's why you watch the clips the first time, so you understand what to do. After that you skip them if you don't like to wait. If you practice this technique you will master it in time, and it will improve your enjoyment of many games. It's really not that difficult

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

Spent some time on this pin last week, was really hoping to like it but I was very disappointed.
EATPM is a much better pin.

FYI -- this is the "Owner's Club". That means it's for people that own the game, or are buying one.
Posting negative comments like this as a non-owner should not be done in this thread.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

As for the hand of fate wheel. No doubt that wheel would have looked amazing. But, I kind of am glad its not there. It would have been one more thing to keep working that would break. And we really do need some function for the LCD. So I think that was a change overall for the better. Just my thoughts on that one. I do hope they do change some of the rules with the hand of fate though. As really there is no good strat to get to complete it.
When in MB with the ball save timer any ball that falls down that lane does not trigger the hand of fate. You need to be out of ball save timer for it to do so... I wish they change that rule. Because, as it is now. You might have to wait for ball save to end. While trapped up and then try to shoot the outlane with one of your free balls. Get it... Then Go back to shooting for jackpots.

How can you try to "shoot the outlane"? This doesn't seem possible.
If the ball is already bouncing near the left outlane you could nudge to purposely loose the ball.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

What is Feature Adjustment 92# - Photo Shoot for?
I enabled it, which appears to use the right button to cycle some to all the lights on during the game or the attract mode.
Is it safe to assume it’s for making things light up when doing a photo shoot?
It’s pretty annoying as a feature when playing the game, so I hope it’s for a photo shoot.

It is for a photo shoot. You should leave it off for playing.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

The Elvira we got has an issue where the ball goes directly to the sling when it comes down from the left orbit. Is this something we need to get repaired?

This is the type of thing you can adjust yourself easily...
- Loosen the ball rail (nut under the playfield) - adjust position - tighten
---- NOTE: you won't have a lot of play here - just a tiny bit. Loosen more nuts on the same guide for more play
- Bend the rail guide slightly

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi Owners,
Due to the size of my room I can only have a three pin line up, which is currently Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff and Popeye. While I do enjoy the Popeye, it would be the one to go if I wanted the new Elvira. Do you think having two Elvira pins and the Simpsons be odd or unbalanced?

Most people feel like having 2 pins that are an original (SS) and a "sequel" (EHOH) is cool.
IMO that would be a great set of 3 pins.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have had their games for a couple weeks - have you noticed any pooling issues with the clearcoat?

No pooling issues on mine

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Interesting - I pulled the trigger day one and got #110 with a born on date of Oct 1. I wonder how hard it would be to add a 3 to the born on date. That would be cool.

My Scared Stiff manufacture date is Oct. 31 - LOL

3 weeks later
#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m talking “The Secret Passage” Skill shot done from the right flipper. Most people that don’t own the game don’t even know about it. It instantly awards a mode as completed. Super hard to do. It is totally hidden much like Elvira’s back door.

The Secret Passage on Scared Stiff isn't a skill shot. Any time you get the "Secret Passage" shot, it awards you a completed mode. Skill Shots have to be done within a short time of plunging the ball.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep and not working. I'm curious if you have an LE, SE or premium. I'm thinking o trying the SE code on my LE.

FYI - it's the same code. If you look at the download links, you are downloading the same exact file. Stern lists the game versions individually, so you know you are getting the correct version for your game. But usually the only different version is Pro versus Premium/LE.

To verify what I'm saying, just download the file from both the LE and the SE links, and you will see they are the same file - both name and size.

#885 4 years ago

"Junk in the Trunk" Multiball is great in the version .87 update!

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

HELP!!! Got my Premium today and I absolutely love it. Everything worked. Went through the menu and set on free play - changed the volume - no issues. I played a few games and then I threw .087 on it. No problems updating. Played a few games - all was good. Then I tried to turn the volume up. That + button won't work. I go to the menus - I can go backwards through the menus - but not forward. Physically the switch is fine. Factory reset the game and re-installed .087 - volume+ worked! I set it on free play- and played one game - no problems. As soon as the game was over I opened the coin door to turn it up a tad more- again the Volume + wont work. I've checked all the connections on the node boards. Factory reset multiple times. This absolutely appears to be a software issue- but I haven't read anyone else running into this. Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Maybe the volume button works sometimes (flaky). I recommend calling Stern Tech Support for this one.

1 week later
#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Seeing almost the same thing.
Getting 2 & 3 Balls struck in the Crypt.
With 2 or 3 Balls being stacked on top of one another.[quoted image][quoted image]

FYI - that's not the crypt. You are having an issue with balls stuck in the trunk.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1207 4 years ago

The Stern Elvira Topper looks like the middle section that says "Deadhead Family Crypt" could rotate/flip up to reveal a different aspect to the topper.
There could be a photo of Elvira (maybe on her couch) that gets revealed if you progress far enough.

Does anyone else think this looks like a possibility?

1 week later
#1292 4 years ago

You can see 2 rubber feet on the bottom of the middle section of the topper - on the far left and right sides.

This supports my previous idea that the middle section may "flip back", and reveal something (like an image of Elvira).

1 week later
#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok if I’ve never seen any Elvira films and don’t really know much about her works, would I still enjoy this pin? I like campy humor like MM or MBr type humor etc. Right now I’m debating either an Elvira premium or MMr LE.

The jokes are very campy, and don't rely on having seen anything of Elvira previously - they stand on their own. IMO if you enjoy the campiness of these old horror movies, it's shaping up to be the best "campy/comedy" pin out there. On the other hand, if you really dislike the old horror movie clips then it would not be for you. Keep in mind, the clips and jokes are much more fun then actually watching the movies - some of the movies are dreadful to watch, but specific scene clips and jokes are great.

1 month later
#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

That could be my game on location. It’s a bullshit score due to failing optos that work or don’t work intermittently. I had contacted tech support in November. It’s not that easy to test. Not that they helped with testing, that’s the owners problem. Most tests pass. But a score like that is likely optos imo. The opto eventually gave up in early January. No part(s) yet. Can’t buy it anywhere else. Game was announced on social media by its host and out of order in 2 weeks onsite. I’m getting tons of shit about it.
I’m Now concerned about :
-the rebooting issue Mentioned above
-The never working skill shot.
-crate not registering or releasing balls during search
My first and probably last Stern. I had Thought $10k would have bought better resolves to the issues I’ve been having. At least having parts in stock.
Sorry to take a shit in this thread, I’m done. I do like the game.

Get the Skill Shot fix (replacement guide) from Stern. Any code reboot issue will be fixed by Stern, for sure.

1 week later
#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our game works great. Skill shot works too. We do not have the revised ball guides installed either. Do you have the machine set up correctly? Correct pitch and side to side?
There is plenty of good help from Pinsiders on this thread. Lucky we have Pinside to help when needed!

Please stop telling people they don't need the revised skill shot ball guide. The revised parts are needed for it to work correctly. If you set your game up with a steep pitch (and level) you will not be able to make the skill shot without the revised guides. Once you have the revised guides, the skill shot difficulty is perfect for the game (very similar to Funhouse).

Anyone that does not have the revised ball guides should definitely get them. It really adds a lot when you have the functioning skill shot.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hate to disagree with ya T7, but he's right. When I first got my HOH, my skill shot worked perfectly. I could hit that shot at least (1) out of (4) times and now, for some unknown reason, I can't hit that shot if my life depended on it. I had some buddies over and they messed with the level of the pin and every since then the shot is impossible to hit. I even went back and put the legs back to it's original setting with no pitch whatsover, but to no avail. Just doesn't make sense.
Yes, I did send a text to my distributor asking about the replacement part and no response whatsoever. Plus, I hate the thought of taking almost the whole upper part of the playfield off just to fix a problem I didn't have before.
Love the pin though and glad I got it. Medisynl mods are highly recommended and the trees mentioned above do add the haunted atmosphere as mentioned above.

I don't see why you are disagreeing with me - you are actually making the case that you need the repair kit.

Get the repair kit installed, and your skill shot will work properly.

There is probably one oddball leveling where it will work without the guides (probably not steep and leaning right) - just because that works, doesn't mean everyone should set their games up like that. The fix will make it work properly ALL the time - at any pitch.

1 week later
#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Anyone else have a ball get stuck behind drop target?
After 2-3 ball searches, target still doesn’t drop.
So glass off tap target ball rolls out.(only happens when having a high scoring game lol)

The drop target doesn't have a solenoid to bring it down (only to pop it up). So a ball search can't clear it.
Make sure to adjust the piece of spring steel on the gate in the Garage (under the left ramp) - bend it as far as you can so the Gate opens as freely as possible. This adjustment has made it so the ball doesn't end up getting stuck in that position for me.

1 week later
#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey gang, I'm interested in getting some responses from you all about code progression to this point. I'm really starting to like what I'm reading about the code updates, and what I've watched on YouTube. It appears the game is becoming 'Funner' to play and a little more challenging (and rewarding) from a shooting standpoint, taking it beyond just the theme aspect, which is still important of course.
Has Stern also resolved the skill shot diverter issues completly along with balls getting stuck in the garage? Not sure about exact issues as I haven't gone back very far in this thread yet.
Convince me I need this game

The skill shot fix works great and the garage issue is very easily fixed by just bending a piece of spring steel that is attached to the one way gate in the garage.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does anyone have issues of shots bouncing out of the garage.
This usually happens when a hard shot is made once the drop is down. Seems to happen about 20-25 percent of the time. And when it does happen it seems the ball goes SDTM often!
I play my buddies game often and never happens on his.
I removed the house and inspected the area and I think its just hitting the back of the stainless guide which is pretty flat on the left side in the back.
Anyone have any pictures of the area with the house removed?

After I replaced the skill shot fix brackets and bent the spring steel on the one-way gate in the Garage, my rejects (like this) went down. I'm not sure which of the two changes made the difference.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

2 times now I had the problem of shooting the house and the ball gets “stuck” in the house, if i look inside i see the ball at the end of the ramp stuck. No matter how much i shake it won’t come loose. i have to remove the glass, tilt the playfield to get it loose again...
Anyone know this issue ? And whats the fix ?

There is a piece of spring steel on a one-way gate which makes causes this - you need to bend that spring steel so the it doesn't hold the gate closed when it's only the weight of the ball pushing the gate open (no momentum).

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Mine has only done it since two code updates ago, when others started to complain of the same.

The bottom line is this - if the gate/spring steel isn't strong enough to hold the ball when it's still sitting on the 1-way gate, then the ball won't get stuck. The ball could still get stuck on the back side of the drop target, but that happens much less often.

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Thanks, i assume i need to remove the house for this ?

I removed the house to do this and the Skill Shot guide replacements. For just fixing the issue with the ball getting stuck on the 1-way gate, you may be able to just remove the left ramp. If you need the Skill Shot fix, I would do both at the same time.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have a November build so asked Stern to ship me the skill shot upgrade kit. I really could tell no difference between the parts I pulled out and the parts I replaced. I still cannot make the skill shot unless I short plunge and hit it just right up the left orbit.

You must have already had it then. The parts are noticeably different side by side.

1 month later
#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I agree with jfh. If you have enjoyed TAF and it’s time to move on to a new title, it makes sense. Just be sure you won’t regret not having a beautiful TAF, because those are not as easy to find and replace as a new or mint cond EHoH. Elvira is a newer title, and is popular, but I would think finding one will be easier than replacing a high-end restored TAF, a title from 28 years ago.

There is one other thing to consider - they only made 400 Elvira HOH LE's, but they made over 20,000 Addam's Family's.

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody know how to light Dead return, the ball saver that activates sometimes when ball exits the outlane?

As bloodydrake responded, it lights whenever you vanquish a Dead Head - and it does not carry over ball-to-ball by default.

3 weeks later
#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Ok I made a quick video. It looks like there is something wrong with the left flipper plate..based on some rebuild videos this shouldn't move..its like its come apart.
So this pin is about a month old.. Im guessing that will still be a warranty issue. Gonna reach out to distributer
Thanks again for the tip where to look.

That's the bad coil stop issue others had mentioned. Call stern and they will send you a replacement - or get them from Pinball Life as the PBL ones are made slightly different, and have not had the same issue.

1 week later
#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

It's not the final wizard mode but something along the way. I believe Directors Cut may be the wizard mode. I've gotten Gappa Angry many times but have only started Directors Cut once.
It's hard to predict what may still be planned. Only Lyman truly knows where it's all going to end up.
Enjoy the ride!

I think the final wizard mode is when you sell the house for Elvira, as that's the primary overall theme - using that 1 "special" target that doesn't get used for the rest of the game.

3 months later
#5194 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I could sell my Medieval remake and walk into one of these. Not sure if that would be a good move. Have only played EHOH a few times. Need to play it more. It definitely has my interest.

It's really a great pin - you won't be disappointed!

8 months later
#8765 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Rules question...
What increases the number of shots needed to complete a haunt?

In many of the modes there are multiple shots lit. Some shots are there to "build the mode value", and other shots "progress the mode".
The "Progress the Mode" shots will be brighter or flashing. Shooting "Build the Mode Value" shots does not progress the mode (to completion), so therefore increases the number of shots needed to complete.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=t7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.