IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 4 years ago

So what one distributor got their allotment? Where are the rest?

1 week later
#264 4 years ago

He posted his same “opinion” in 2-3 other threads. Almost verbatim. This is an owners thread.

1 week later
#391 4 years ago

#328 checking in. Fresh off the line.
F U N pin! and easy on the eyes too
Trilogy completed.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

I hesitated posting anything, but I had to put this out here, the current code reminds me of my NIB experience with X-men. The original few updates were okay, but the game wasn’t done whatsoever, a few updates in and the game was fundamentally different / better.
I’ve put a lot of games under my belt with EHOH now and it feels like there is a lot missing, code layering that doesn’t seem to work out, features not integrated yet, and some issues that I can’t tell if they’re setup / tweaking issues with hardware or software.
It’s been discussed, but I’ve got my fingers crossed that there’s a material code update soon so it feels like a finished game. This isn’t just a final mode missing situation right now, the game isn’t done.
That being said, what’s in the game I like. Heck I’ve done an initial rating on it already, but the more time I spend with it, the more I’m wondering what the finished product is going to really be like.

You obviously didn’t have a BM66 near it’s launch, did you?
I did, and that 1st year and half was beyond painful. And Lyman coded the living hell out of that thing in the end.

Versus now with Elvira, which is miles farther along out of the gate. This isn’t an Xmen situation, Lyman is going to make this thing sing when he’s done with it. And it certainly won’t be anywhere near the BM66 timetable.

Enjoy the ride, it’s going to be worth it.

#465 4 years ago

#328 Oct 22nd

#482 4 years ago

Anyone else having the house ramp lift up each time you lock a shot in the garage?

Come to think of it, once in wild women Multiball any shot sent through the garage was also causing the house ramp to lift as well.

#564 4 years ago

initially my center ramp was up against the left ball guide and never made contact with the right gargoyle. As the plays have been racking up its slowly moving more towards the right, and starting to just lift the right gargoyle now. There’s a little slop in the alignment I’m noticing develop. I can push it back against the left but it works it’s way right after a couple lifts.

Haven’t looked at the manual online yet, is there a bracket or mount point for the ramp that may be working loose over time?

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Anyone else getting the ball stuck here?[quoted image]

Yep. Have had it get stuck there a few times. Hard shot to the center ramp can cause it.

1 week later
#682 4 years ago

What in the world is that tree mod thing you’re tinkering with in there?

#689 4 years ago

Missed the images but count me in on a topper.

#781 4 years ago

We all got the ugly yellow price card. I’d love to get the pre-release house photo card instead.

#804 4 years ago

I would reach out to Stern to verify if they haven’t already fixed it.

Mine was built oct 22 and jfh was in Nov. I think they might have already modified that plastic.
I know it’s a crappy pic but I don’t feel like tearing apart my ramp for no reason.

Mine is not broken and it looks like that bottom section is already removed.
3D09449B-005E-4184-917D-26029FAC191E.jpeg3D09449B-005E-4184-917D-26029FAC191E.jpeg

0478FFE8-4D11-40BD-B507-B8FDC10C6F64 (resized).jpeg0478FFE8-4D11-40BD-B507-B8FDC10C6F64 (resized).jpeg
#859 4 years ago

I’m digging the subtle changes / polish to trunk MB. Good stuff

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm having issues installing. Says insert USB. The files extract weird to the usb. Anyone else having issues?

have you tried extracting to your PC 1st, then copy them onto the stick?

1 week later
#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Fix for this ball stuck issue yet? Kinda ruins a competitive game.[quoted image]

Nothing I’ve heard yet. I was talking to Pablo a week ago about this issue but he didn’t have an answer for me. Report it along with pictures if you haven’t already. It’ll help get things moving quicker.

#1013 4 years ago

I noticed in .87 there’s a test setting or sensor “topper sense motion” or something along those lines. (Been a week since I last looked)
So the likelihood the topper moves in some capacity is probably high.

#1066 4 years ago

Also check the hinge screws inside the trunk along with the screw that connects the large bar (plunger rod) to the lid. Remove the 2 small screws from the side panel of trunk. Access from there. Check to make sure they haven't started coming loose. My trunk worked fine then started having the balls stacking up / getting stuck. Turns out the screws inside came loose. Once they were tight again the hangups stopped. Worth a shot.

4 weeks later
#1481 4 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

515-1941-00

I used these to install LE speakers in Munsters premium when i had one.

#1536 4 years ago

Same here on plunge. 2 things I noticed. 1) make sure the wiring from the red flasher on ramp is not extending at all into the ball path of shooter lane. Mine was a little sloppy out of the box and I needed to bend the wiring out of the way / adjust a wire tie.
2) there just seems to be a slight alignment weirdness with the metal insert in the shooter lane. Where the fork section of it begins, it seems slightly askew to the left in the lane. But based on how the other end of it lines up against the ball guide, there’s no other adjusting that could’ve been done. Just the way it is.

2 weeks later
#1645 4 years ago

Think it activates after banishing a Dead head.

1 week later
#1866 4 years ago

Wow!
That’s an update with some meat and quality of life fixes! Well done Lyman.

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

do we know when Stern started to make games with the changed guides in it?
Neil.

My Oct 22nd build date has the updated guides.

#1919 4 years ago

I’d wager the missing call outs for backdoor skill shot is a bug and will get fixed.

1 week later
#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Legend has it if the moon is full and the wind is just right you can still see these photos on page 37.

Or look in the photo gallery for this thread, which has the pictures that have been uploaded. Start from last page.

1 week later
#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Got my new Elvira side armer on Friday and installed them on Saturday! They look super sweet on the premium Elvira. Figured I would share for those that are thinking about get them![quoted image]

Damn those look sweet!

3 months later
#3504 3 years ago

New code .96 and stream by Jack Danger tonight!

1 month later
#4176 3 years ago

Manual plunges on mine are "not great" too. Auto is smooth though go figure.
Ball launches smack off the small transition edge on the left side. Where the metal bracket around the bulbs (under plastic) ends and the next section starts. So while yours get air, mine get slowed down considerably

Bought one of those plastic lane guard protectors from Mezlemods. I'll report back once installed if it helps "guide" the ball better through the lane and exit.

1 month later
#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I'm sure I saw a thread or post talking about how to adjust the Dead Head crypt door in EHOH. I've looked around again and can't find it or any mention of how to do this. My door is always open about 3/8th of an inch or more.
Can someone point out a thread talking about the best way to adjust it? Probably has something to do with adjustring the optos I'd guess. I could start taking everything apart but I thought I'd try to read up on it first.
Thanks!

It will never be completely shut. All of them have a bit of gap. Just how it was made / designed. Others have tried “fixing it” narrowing the gap and ended up getting into a lengthy ordeal that yielded little to no results.
I’d leave it be

4 weeks later
#5465 3 years ago

Lyman sure knows how to drop 1.0 code. Thank you!

#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is anyone having issues downloading as in past ? I can't get home for a few days to even try!!!

I tried downloading it multiple times only for it to go part way and then begin the download over again. All on its own. I’ll try getting it again tomorrow. 1st time I had issues pulling down the code like that.

4 months later
#7176 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

This is the best I could do.
[quoted image]

My playfield has this too. Wood grain showing.
Elvira had a thinner clear applied. Prior released titles had a thick clear and were suffering from pooling / chipping quite a bit. I’d rather thinner and not have to worry. Others may feel different.

Sure I’d love the grain to not show but it seems to be what we have to deal with quite often in modern made playfields.

3 months later
#9022 2 years ago

Just installed that shooter lane protector last night. Works great. It also helped correct the ball’s path going up so it no longer bangs against the left side guide and flows smoothly up to the house now.

#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from batman66SLE:

SIMPLE TOOPER FIX
For any topper owners that have the issue of the topper not staying up, the predrilled screw holes are misaligned such that it binds the mechanism. The fix is too simple that does not involve dremels. Only use the two screws on the left of the topper. It’s not going anywhere with two screws holding it in place.

Left 2 screws of what? The gargoyle cover or the base? The left 2 screws of the gargoyle cover would be the ones pulling the slot down tight onto the shaft area. Wouldn’t it be the cover right side screws?
I ask because I noticed when the cover isn’t firmly attached it works, soon as it’s all tightened up it flips up and then back down immediately. I was debating loosely attaching the right gargoyle cover or enlarge the top part of the a slot.

1 year later
#11485 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hrm. I dont think its that. It slows down before it gets there and the auto launch has no issues at all. but ill check it out after work. thanks

Take slow motion video of the ball heading up the shooter lane. I’ll bet it’s veering left and grazing the spot where the led metal guide and the plastic meet. It’s not a smooth continuous piece on the left of shooter lane. It would hit that junction and lose a ton of momentum plus then not travel in a direct path.

At least for me, I bought the plastic shooter lane protector which kept the ball centered going up the lane and allowed for a better plunge.

2 months later
#11951 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey Fellas. I know someone posted about this before, but my EHOH topper does pop up and scream. However, it doesn't seem to stay up that much and was wondering if anybody knows a quick fix to this or something I should look for?
Appreciate the help in advance.

The right side cover is too tight and interferes with the coil driven arm that raises it.
Try removing the 2 screws on the backside of right cover and see if it’ll stay up then. Worked for me. You’ll never notice them not in.

1 month later
#12242 1 year ago

I added a small strip of double sided tape inside the vuk (as documented by others prior) and that was all I needed. No bending or relocating. Another option for you to investigate.

1 month later
#12800 1 year ago

Gomez basically said he has other things he's responsible for and keeps track of. Production schedule change emails (which there are many and often) is not something he focuses on. Interpreting that as "the Elvira run is pushed" is massive stretch.

#12856 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I bet it all would have been done eventually if Lyman was still around. I don't think anyone would be willing to tinker with it unless they were working from his notes. There has to be someone though who could finish it as a tribute project for him. I hope Stern does it for the 1st DLC (they won't otherwise IMO).
The 40th backglass has new stuff on it, are those referencing more movies? Were those put into the game?
I wish Lyman could have known, or rather felt the appreciation and affection people had for him. Depression is a horrible, horrible thing.

Enough of this DLC shit. The game has always been more expensive than it's cornerstone counterparts. If it's added to / finished it should be included because we've already paid a ton for it.

4 weeks later
#13452 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

So, the rotating turret roof on my game is turned too far counter-clockwise in the starting position. I tried loosening the screw in the top and I am able to rotate the roof to the correct position, but the next time it spins, the game puts it back in the wrong position. Is there a way to adjust this?

There is a small casting flaw inside of the turret roof. It affects where the opto reads the position. Use a small file to remove the excess plastic. If you search back in here there’s a post and picture. It’s like a black nub on top of the normal grey plastic. It’ll line up once that’s gone.
But be careful

2 months later
#14991 11 months ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Does my EHOH have HPV?
The image inside of my new topper has a black spot on her tongue. Is this normal, or do I need to take it apart and fix it? Thanks!
[quoted image]

They install a stand-off post in that spot for some unknown reason. You can ditch that post and the tongue black spot will be gone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=sethman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.