Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorpius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes believe it or not mine was prefect , but the list of other problems very long . one still unsolved since you can not adjust the ball guide to keep ball from hitting sling every time. I've just gotten used to it

Still on the hopeful list for hearing from my distributor, but had a similar problem with MMR. I put a small length of mylar on the ball guide. Just enough to kick the trajectory out a bit.

2 weeks later
#8547 2 years ago

Oh hey fellas

PXL_20210603_171004384.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_171004384.MP (resized).jpg
#8552 2 years ago

Oh hey fellas

16227484701968904525160320104244 (resized).jpg16227484701968904525160320104244 (resized).jpg
#8600 2 years ago

Pin has been pretty solid thus far. Slight gargoyle adjustment and the connector at the bottom of the crypt for the optoboard got unplugged somehow mid-play (weird) but I am having some difficulty with the ball rolling back out the front of the house.

Assuming it's bouncing off the back of the subway behind the playfied and coming back out as a softer shot sticks no problem. Any adjustment for that or when the game slows a little bit does it resolve?

#8624 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ball was rolling out the front of my house a fair amount also. When the ball was rolling out of the house I’d noticed I wasn’t hearing the same sound of the post as when the ball did get held correctly.
I checked the post in the subway behind the backboard by quickly raising it up repeatedly by hand and noticed it wasn’t smoothly raising. There was a bit of resistance because the post was resting against the edge of hole it goes through. Put two and two together and figured the post was hanging up on the edge of the hole so the ball wasn’t being held in.
I put washers behind the bracket that hold the post coil to move the post away from the edge it was catching on. It’s worked way more reliably ever since. There are still a few shots that come back out but those have generally been weak shots that probably just didn’t make it to get locked. Went from about 50% holds to over 90%. Here’s a pic of where I put the washers. One behind each screw for the coil.
[quoted image]

I'll give this a shot tomorrow and report back.

#8638 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ball was rolling out the front of my house a fair amount also. When the ball was rolling out of the house I’d noticed I wasn’t hearing the same sound of the post as when the ball did get held correctly.
I checked the post in the subway behind the backboard by quickly raising it up repeatedly by hand and noticed it wasn’t smoothly raising. There was a bit of resistance because the post was resting against the edge of hole it goes through. Put two and two together and figured the post was hanging up on the edge of the hole so the ball wasn’t being held in.
I put washers behind the bracket that hold the post coil to move the post away from the edge it was catching on. It’s worked way more reliably ever since. There are still a few shots that come back out but those have generally been weak shots that probably just didn’t make it to get locked. Went from about 50% holds to over 90%. Here’s a pic of where I put the washers. One behind each screw for the coil.
[quoted image]

Didnt seem to resolve it, but that post is better aligned now. Im going to try to strategically angle some dampening material at the top of the subway. A light shot always sticks okay it seems.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8731 2 years ago

Added a small piece of the soft side of velcro to the subway. Ball sticks 100% now.

PXL_20210608_225219973.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210608_225219973.MP (resized).jpg
#8750 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is that behind the house?

Yes. You have to remove it from the backside. The drop post assy comes off as well as the opto bracket then the subway can be removed. When you reinstall it may take a bit of adjusting to get the opto re-aligned but if you put it into switch test mode the drop solenoid will keep firing until you align the opto correctly then you can tighten it back up.

#8913 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the tip. I did what you said, powered the machibe back on, and now the lower GI is working!
I didnt see any solder blobs anywhere or any disconnected bulbs, though. For future reference, if one bulb isnt sitting in its socket correctly, will that cause the entire chain to go out? Any idea why it would send an overcurrent warning about node board 8?
My next issue is my house isnt holding the ball when starting up a mode (the ball almost immediately shoots out to the right pop bumpers). Any idea on what needs to be done to fix this issue?
Lastly, is it normal for the spinning turret at the top of the house not to center when static? Mine doesn't center. I unscrewed it, straightened, and screwed back in but nothing has seemingly changes (still sideways static - see picture).
[quoted image]

The ball coming from the back of the house to the pops is all controlled from the subway behind the playfield. No need to remove the house. Others have posted in here about the alignment of the solenoid post in the back. If it isnt centered it may bind and not extend fully into the subway to trap the ball. You can see the post if you look in past the far left bumper. The opto that controls it is accessible from the back of the play field as well. Try rolling a ball through there with the switch test mode on and see if it registers. If it doesnt register its likely the opto. If it does it may be an alignment issue on the solenoid.

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! This is exactly what the issue was. The bracket holding the opto was too close to the solenoid bar that goes up and down at the back. I pulled the opto bracket away far enough for the solenoid bar to move freely up and down. It knocked the opto off but I have it back working... for now.
The ball now occasionally comes back down the middle ramp on mode startup so it isnt 100% holding the ball. Is that the same issue or something else?
Lastly, I'm guessing it is something simple but now when I open the coin door and pull out the white lever to try to get into the settings, the buttons aren't working (volume control buttons not working either). Ideas?

Different issue, but same problem area. This fix has been 100% for me:

Quoted from Scorpius:

Added a small piece of the soft side of velcro to the subway. Ball sticks 100% now.
[quoted image]

#8950 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’ve seen this issue rarely reported but same thing happens to me. My game works flawlessly, EXCEPT for this. Clean shot up the middle to start mode, ball falls right back down, which sucks because the lights go dim and hard to recover sometimes.
Hoping you find a fix, as it’ll help me as well.

This is the fix, fellas.

Quoted from Scorpius:

[quoted image]

A clean hard shot will just bounce off the back of the subway. This helps deaden it and it rolls down as it should.

#8966 2 years ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Got my Elvira last week. After it not being able to boot initially because they hadn't inserted the sd card(what a mess to troubleshoot--thought it was a bad fuse or power supply) got everything up and running. My problem is the gargoyle targets. The I and L targets light with ease, the G rarely does(during a test you can get it to activate occasionally with your finger but rarely with a ball), and the O performs slightly better that the G. I'm sure those switches just need adjusting so they will fire correctly and I'm sure this has probably been covered (although I couldn't find it). Any suggestions? Thanks!

It's likely a gapping issue on the leaf contacts. The hole that target comes up through is pretty tight. If you remove it from under the playfied you can gap the contacts a bit more and it should fix it. I had a similar issue on the "O"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

10,000 (Firm)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorpius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=scorpius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.