IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5861 3 years ago

I want very much to join this owners club. But that doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon, as I can't find this anywhere. I was given an ETA of March 2021.

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For anyone looking to join the club...there’s finally one for sale!
[quoted image]

Does anyone know if he is also on Pinside?

#5899 3 years ago

EHOH incoming!

#5903 3 years ago

Yep!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For anyone looking to join the club...there’s finally one for sale!
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting, this is the one I grabbed. And he is a Pinsider.

#5918 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ummm...wtf? If you’re in Florida go buy this...doesn’t appear to be fake. Dude posted a video of himself with the pin
[quoted image]

Gotta be fake or something wrong at that price. That would be crazy.

#5922 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nope, it was real...sold in about an hour

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Yes, it was totally real and a terrific score! My friends bought the seller’s 5 pins for a deal that would make your head spin.

So what was the story behind it? Could have easily sold for a lot more than that, and would not have taken long to do so.

1 week later
#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

Excited to say I joined the club today! This was such a hard pin to find locally. Can’t wait to get into this game.
[quoted image]

Nice line up, very similar to mine. I have DPLE, EHOH, R&M and IM. I may sell IM and replace it with Avengers.

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

What's this all about?[quoted image]

Cool!

Already a cool mode, I wonder what Lyman has up his sleeves?

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've a question, a right orbit shot (coming out the left side) will more often than not hit the top of my left sling, I assume this is not supposed to happen?

Quoted from jandrea95:

Many were having this issue, myself included. Its a super easy fix fortunately!
Around 3:10 of this video he very well explains the fix. I believe ive seen him in this thread, he has some super helpful videos for noobs (like myself) and veterans alike.

I am having this issue as well.

Unfortunately the video that showed the fix is no longer working.

Anyone who had this issue care to share how you resolved it?

#6067 3 years ago

Thank you kind sir.

Your post should be tagged as a key post.

#6079 3 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

That is a throw back to Scared Stiff leapers and is meant to be that way.
Phoebe

Mine actually did this for the first time today.

It was awesome!

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I did not like them hitting the glass.
For the record, I do like how the ball hits the glass on WH2O.

Makes perfect sense.

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I put a deposit down for a premium with Orange County pinball. He had a couple spots left. I am new to pinball and bought my first NIB pins this year MBr SE and BKSOR premium from them back in August and September 2020.
Will Stern meet those orders if they give an authorized dealer X amount of units to take deposits for? My wife and kids really want this pin and I have Stranger Things premium arriving tomorrow for Christmas. Wish it was Elvira but what can you do.

Did they give you an ETA?

Word is that Stern won't have Elvira back on the line until "spring 2021" which can mean anytime between March and June.

2 weeks later
#6216 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I am a big Elvira fan (Scared Stiff is my second pin I ever bought, and bolted to the floor). I bought this game as a fan of Elvira, but based on the fan layout and what I had seen of it at the time, I thought it would be one of those games which I kept for 6-12 months then rotated out of my collection (I only have room for 6 pins, 3 of which are long term keepers, so I always struggle to decide what gets sold to keep things fresh). Well, it has been about 6 months now that I have owned it and I have totally fallen in love with it. Such a fun and well coded game. I still think the callouts in Scared Stiff are better (funnier, more double entendre), but this game oozes charm and camp and is just a blast. It's a little easier to shoot, which is refreshing after getting punished by Rick and Morty (which is also amazing). I can't see it leaving anywhere in the near future, and I am so happy I picked one up before the supply dried up (I hope Stern cranks out a lot more of these so others can enjoy it!!). Now I just need to figure out where to put more pins, because I am reaching a point where I don't want to let anything go! On this Christmas Eve, I feel very lucky and blessed to have first world problems like this.
Happy Holidays everyone!!

Nice write up.

I own both EHOH and R&M as well. You are right about R&M being punishing, but I find that pin to be far more "addicting", but they are so very different in terms of game play that I think they compliment each other very well.

I agree with you on the callouts on SS being better, with humor that never gets old. By contrast, some of the "back door" jokes on EHOH got old pretty fast.

Regardless, Lyman has done a great job on the code, as usual. I think Gappa Angry is a fantastic mini wizard mode. I've made it to the 6 ball multiball on Gappa Angry only once so far, and it was very cool.

2 months later
#7125 3 years ago

Any EHOH owners here have the topper? Is it worth it? Seems price is too high. I have BKSOR topper and love it. Have my deposit in for a EHOH.

No, the topper is not worth the money...

in the same way that EHOH (or any other new pin these days) is not worth the money. So it's relative and personal. How much enjoyment do you think YOU will get out of it?

I'll say this: if you do get the topper, if you ever go to sell the game, I would sell the topper separately, as you are more likely to get more of your money back that way vs. selling it with the pin. And any EHOH topper that comes up for sale seems to sell very quickly if priced near MSRP.

4 weeks later
#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Can you see any differences from stock on the front of my LE?
[quoted image]

Are you happy with the generic headphone jack? I assume that is from PBL?

I think the Stern one looks better, but it's literally twice as much money, and I can't imagine that there is any difference in performance/sound quality.

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Gappa Angry is the mode for sure...I think my high just for GAPPA alone was 2.4bil. ‘They came from Space’ has pretty hearty scoring as well. The games where I focus on progression towards selling the house and completion of movie modes typically net the highest scores.

I almost always score a lot more points in They Came From Space than Gappa Angry. You have to beat Gappa Angry in order to get the big points, which is a lot harder to do than beating They Came From Space (which has the add a ball feature).

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The key in Gappa is to nail those backdoor sneak in after each lock. I got it down pat at one point and ended up getting Gappa Angry 6 ball three times in one game haha.

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes it is. But it is less impressive then Gappa angry, directors cut or they came from space. Untypical for a final wizard mode.
Got 80 millions for hitting the target and that was it

I got to Wild Market Value too, and I agree with you completely.

Director's Cut is my favorite, followed by Gappa Angry, and then They Came From Space (all 3 are great).

1 week later
#7811 3 years ago

Or here’s an option, don’t bash us who are waiting and don’t read the post from us then. Sorry if you are bothered by us(sarcasm). Your coming across as a douche. I am sure most owners don’t care that us poor slobs waiting on Stern are here posting.

Actually, he's right, and technically you aren't an owner (yet).

Since this is the Owner's Club thread...

#7816 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am not a fan of excluding anyone interested in a game from an owner’s thread, especially since it’s usually the only relevant/interesting thread once the hype and release threads have died down.
However, the constant speculation and bickering over something none of us have any control over just adds unnecessary noise to the discussion of this wonderful game. There are plenty of others that have deposits on or are interesting in buying EHOH or other recent Stern titles; discussion of Stern production delays belongs in a different thread. Start a new thread and post a link here. And post pics here when you finally get your own Elvira.

I agree completely.

I was just making a point since he was getting all uppity.

#7817 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What if we own the topper?

Start a Elvira Topper Owner's thread.

#7831 3 years ago

Everyone else I appreciate you letting me post and not being a jerk.

Says the guy who was being a jerk.

Your coming across as a douche.

#7845 3 years ago

Your coming across as a douche.

Ok Karen. So calling someone out is being a jerk? Whatever keyboard Karen.

You're cool.

#7851 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ya’ll should just settle this by posting your high scores on EHOH. Whoever wins, wins and then you can both shut up haha.

Ok

IMG_4738 (resized).JPGIMG_4738 (resized).JPG
#7859 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

“You’re more fucked up than a left handed football”

I've never heard that callout once.

#7864 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Perfect, thanks y'all! Might have to pull the trigger on it. RobT still has it and sold his Iron Man. That's saying something!

Elvira is a ton of fun!

I also have Stranger Things like you do and I think they compliment each other quite well. One is deeper, easy to shoot and humorous (EHOH) and the other is more serious, in your face and challenging (STh).

#7899 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I just sold my Batman66. Loved the game at first but then found to really get into the game you have to play so long and through so many modes. My plan was to sell BM66 and buy EHOH. But I am concerned that EHOH is going to also need me to play a long time to get deep into the code. I like to play a game with deep code but also code that if I can hit the shots I can get deep into it without playing to 30 minutes. Can anyone speak to this and the time it takes to get deep into the game if you make great shots.
I found with BM66 if I didn’t have a 20 minute game I left unsatisfied and felt I really didn’t get much done.

You absolutely NAILED what I feel about Lyman code in general. I was talking to a friend about this recently, who agreed. Lyman code is a two edged sword. It is deep and there is a lot going on. BUT to really get to the best stuff, you DO have to play for awhile. I first noticed this on Metallica. If you don't get well into the mini wizard modes and beyond, I feel unsatisfied every time..and EHOH is no different.

Don't get me wrong: what's there is really, really good, and people tend to love Lymans code because of how creative he is. But there is definitely another side to it, which is that you need to have a long game to really get any real satisfaction.

This is why I like pins like Stranger Things, Deadpool and Rick and Morty. None of those require games as long as Lyman coded games to feel satisfied.

#7909 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yall must have your shit set up at baby game level. Nobody has topped 600m on mine. If you're getting over a billion a game time to make some changes.
Don't listen to the guys that don't know how to set up a pin. This game is the goat and gets played daily in a house with 14 titles.

If nobody has topped 600m on yours then nobody is getting particularly far into the game, and that doesn't sound particularly fun either.

Ball times need to compliment the code. Making a pin play brutal and have short ball times when its coded as deep as EHOH won't magically make it fun or satisfying.

#7946 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Worth putting a shaker in I assume?

The implementation of the shaker in EHOH is one of the best in several years. If you like shakers in *any* pin, you will love it in EHOH.

1 week later
#8025 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Noone has ears.

He sure does!

Messages Image(343706019) (resized).pngMessages Image(343706019) (resized).png
1 week later
#8138 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think it is the sky high demand for the Mandalorian myself. It actually might overtake the Addams Family for most units sold.

Bwaahahahahaahaha!!!

Uh. No.

#8151 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This. Dwight on code makes me pause and say "I'd better flip it first". Munsters, GoT, SW, TMNT....all games that fail on code IMO. Subjective of course. Ghostbusters is good, but only after he fixed it what? 6 years later? Give me a Keith Johnson, Lyman Sheets, Joe Katz, or Bowen Kerins all day over Dwight.

Dwight is hit or miss with me, but the code on Star Wars is epic. One of the best rulesets out there. Too bad so many on Pinside don't appreciate how great it is. I owned a SW pro for almost 2 years. I didn't keep that pin that long because of all the great interactive toys, let's put it that way.

1 week later
#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

For you new owners I’d love to know if they did anything to fix the POS crypt VUK without needing to screw with it ad nauseam..

I've never had a problem with mine

#8312 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Let's get set up!!!
[quoted image]

Does this mean that the offer you made for mine is off the table?

Congrats!

#8441 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I figure I would throw this here first. Thinking about selling my EHOH. invisiglass, Stern side armor, Stern art blades, 5.25 kenwood speakers, medisinyl casket and gargoyle vuk cover, Gappa figure, plastic protectors, a few boogieman, a custom 1932 ford convertible I made, a little camper trailer I also made. Deadhead family crypt facade that i painted to react to my pinstadium lights. (Pinstadium or Topper not included) this machine was built in June 20 but I bought it October 2nd. I am the original owner. The plastic bag of goodies is inside and untouch. The house skill shot is smooth and easy to make. Thinking of asking 10k.
Reason for selling is that I feel the game got too easy for me. Not interested in trades atm.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like a fair price for a relatively rare and in high demand pin with those mods, especially in this current market. I don't think I wouldn't sell mine for less and I don't have as many mods as you.

1 week later
#8699 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Yeah, it works perfectly.
No need for any fancy glass!!

Depends on your definition of "need."

I would not give up my PDI and/or Invisiglass for regular glass, that's for sure.

1 month later
#9350 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve owned EHOH for a week, but I spent the first few days tweaking and dialing it in. Didn’t get a chance to play much this week. But tonight? Tonight is the night I dug in and learned the rule set and fell in love.

Always hard to beat a Lyman ruleset.

3 weeks later
#9469 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

EHOH might be the most level-demanding pin I have ever seen. Level and pitch seem to clear up the majority of issues.

I agree with this. Surprisingly sensitive to being level and at the right pitch. Even the skill shot is particularly sensitive to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.