IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. Nice to see the pop bumper graphic is gone. The house looks like the lighting is great and lots of great spooky background music. Looking forward to getting my premium!

#78 4 years ago

Your guess is as good as mine. By Halloween would have been tits.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just be prepared for it to scratch your invisiglass/PDI glass.

Yes, Im concerned about that. All glare glasses are coated to give them that quality. Constant taps on it will wear it down. Bad call to have this be a part of the game.

2 weeks later
#475 4 years ago

That's a good amount of stuff to a .01 update.

#557 4 years ago

Okay its November. Are they shipping premiums yet?

#606 4 years ago

Premium owners please chime in when you game gets delivered!

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My premium came Friday[quoted image]

I saw that CL posting. That was a good deal and made me bummed I was already paid in full.

2 weeks later
#812 4 years ago

Just got the call for my Premium delivery on Friday! What an awesome way to start the weekend! They said from 12 - 6pm. I hope it comes right at noon and I will take the rest of the day off.

3 weeks later
#1206 4 years ago

I made an "Elvira in her car" plastic for mine. A thin sheet metal mounting tab gives it a little flex when the pops are in action. It really doesn't prohibit the view of the ball. I'll also attach the print file I used for any others to DIY.

ecar (resized).jpgecar (resized).jpgelvira car print (resized).jpgelvira car print (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1399 4 years ago

I changed out my pop bumper bodies & skirts to transparent bodies and teal skirts. The pop in the back of the picture shows it best. I know you cant see the pops much in this game but I really like the look over the factory white. It's a shame on this game that some of the best playfield art is lost amongst the pops and the right ramp. I would have preferred a this scene down by the flippers instead of the rubber floaties.

POP ART pst (resized).jpgPOP ART pst (resized).jpgteal pops pst (resized).jpgteal pops pst (resized).jpg
#1402 4 years ago

I LED'd my game recently as I was not happy with the sterile white factory GI. I also added 4 spotlights and trough lighting. The game has a much creepier atmosphere now IMO. A lot of the GI doesn't do much to light the game such as the lights beneath the house which I turned to green and it gives it a glowing ground effect. I did the same with red under the crypt. I alternated Comets Ice Blue and Purple on the backwall. I added spotlights at the slingshots (purple) crypt (green) and on the left ramp(cool white fast blinking). Also changed the LED directly beneath the right ramp to a cool white fast blinker trying to give the flashing film reel effect. The rest of the GI got swapped to warm white except for what is obviously colored. I alternated red and green at the shooter lane and gives a nice premium cabinet nod. In the trough Ive got a Comet Ice Blue 10smd strip. I know some of the pics are blown out but it looks great in person.

FULL 2PFPST (resized).jpgFULL 2PFPST (resized).jpg
#1403 4 years ago

A few closer pics of the spots and stuff.

Crypt post (resized).jpgCrypt post (resized).jpgbackrow pst (resized).jpgbackrow pst (resized).jpgcrypt top view pst (resized).jpgcrypt top view pst (resized).jpgleft spot pst (resized).jpgleft spot pst (resized).jpgpurple spots pst (resized).jpgpurple spots pst (resized).jpgtrough pst (resized).jpgtrough pst (resized).jpg
#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

pinstein - does the GI change at the top near the pops make it easier to see the inlane lights? The white GI reflections on mine make it very hard for me to see which lanes is lit.

I find it hard to see too much of anything up there.

4 weeks later
#1672 4 years ago

Heres a couple with a wink. Grab em while you can

card 2 (resized).jpgcard 2 (resized).jpg
#1677 4 years ago

Oh please she's made a career of exploiting her cleavage and body. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise. Shes been in playboy and Im sure doesnt have some taboo on sex. Its clear she enjoys being a sex symbol and the object of sexual fantasies to men. I'd bet that if Gary had deep enough pockets there could have been a topless wizard mode and we would all still respect her in the morning.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FWIW she has not actually been in playboy. You're absolutely missing the point of the character, which is that she never actually shows anything other than what the dress allows

You're right and Im happy to admit when I'm wrong. Turns out it was a more upscale magazine called High Society. The nudes are all there on bing image just turn off the filter. Which magazine it was is beside my point. Im just saying she probably gives a shit about anyone making some nude drawings of her. Funny how some people put her on a pedestal and are happy to drool over her cleavage but feel its disrespectful to portray her nude or sexually. Ripe with hypocrisy and void of intellectual honesty. Try not to crush yourself with guilt when you jerk off. Its natural and ok.

2 weeks later
#2067 4 years ago

I got to play for a while last night and thought .91 was a big upgrade and brought a lot more fun factor to the game. Please brilliant Mr. Lyman Sheats can you make the center right flasher rapidly blink when we hit that spinner?. That woodbury spinner on TWD is such a great shot with the sound and lights and I would love to hear Elvira's spinner be as percussive and have a flasher. I finally added the trees (Genius to who ever thought of this first) and they add a lot of creep and atmosphere to the scene. They come in a three pack and I had to trim them all down but I got the third one tucked back in the right corner and it looks cool to have some barren branches in front of that big full moon.

elvira trees (resized).jpgelvira trees (resized).jpg
#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

pinstein link for trees? please.. You have an LE ? I don't think mine has her car in it

Here is a link to the trees on amazon. The car was an added plastic I made. Here is the art file I printed from.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AYR63BO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

elvira car print (resized).jpgelvira car print (resized).jpg
#2130 4 years ago

I love B Horror and sci fi movies and have a huge collection of them. That's the only reason I could get an elvira in my home. However some how this movie managed to elude me so I picked up a copy so I can have the context of its clips and elviras comments. It cant be that bad right? Anyone ever see Ed Woods "Orgy of the Dead?"

manos (resized).jpgmanos (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Love this game! Decided to build my own topper![quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent work!!!

#2637 4 years ago

I got to play a bit last night and feel the .93 update was fantastic!! The light show in girls gone wild was really stand out and its that kind of interaction with a pin that makes it be a stand out and unique game. Thanks to Lyman for his consistent and hefty updates on this game! Don't ever quit, we want more!!!

1 week later
#2715 4 years ago

I have to sell most of my games for a large purchase but in thinning the herd my EHOH premium won out over my JP2 LE. Elvira is just more fun to play!

#2751 4 years ago

Ive owned at least 6 NIB games and none of them have ever had the code service that this game is getting. By far the most fun I have had with a new game getting frequent and exciting updates. Thank you LS!!!

2 weeks later
#2865 3 years ago

This game is truly becoming epic! I think LS is really aiming to make this his best offering by far to date. I feel fortunate to have been along for the ride.

1 week later
#2984 3 years ago

Hey its Friday, WTF wheres the new code!?! Just teasing of course. IMO Medisinyls flap trap casket mod is a "must have!" Thanks Gregg!

barry dlive (resized).jpgbarry dlive (resized).jpg
#3053 3 years ago

Great site man, thanks for posting. I just ordered the teak wood grain and black leather textured for my EHOH and BKSOR. Im not sure which one will get what, but leaning towards black leather on Elvira!

1 week later
#3216 3 years ago

Finally got Santa mode last night. I love that there is a christmas themed mode. Are there any other games out there that have a christmas inspired mode?

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I was wondering why hitting the glass bugs some people. It was designed to do that just like Scared Stiff. Removing it just seems wrong to me. It really helps complete the package.

If you have glare glass on your game. Glare glass is just a coating on the glass and is thin. Im a little worried that frequent strikes will wear the coating down.

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Yeah, there is that but I don't worry about it. By the way, what side of the glass has the film? I know it's not on both sides. If it is on the top it is a non issue.

One side? I did not know that. So how would you tell which side is up on pdi as if I could use it face down then I could use any glass cleaner.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thinking of joining the club. Love Elvira and my Scared Stiff pin.
Quick question: I haven't watched any game streams since early on (early code). One thing I felt was missing were more call outs from Elvira (I love all the double entendre in the Sacred Stiff call outs). Is there more of this in newer code?
Thanks!

Its quickly becoming the best audio package on any pin to date. imo.

#3285 3 years ago

Still no "eeaagh" haunt and he is so prominent on the backglass, same as the two headed guy.

1 week later
#3520 3 years ago

Ive been in the hobby 10+ years and this has by far been the most satisfying and enjoyable pinball buying experience I've ever had. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#3811 3 years ago

Geez I was just going to update to .96 tonight! I cant keep up with this guy.

#3832 3 years ago

I tried to update to .96 last night. I had the files unzipped and on the same flash drive I had used to updated previously. It all started out normal but when I checked back on the game it said it failed to unpack the files. I powered the game off and removed the usb. When I powered the game back on it went straight to this screen and now I cant exit it and it wont update with the same prompt of "failed to upack". I'm thinking I will try again tonight with .97 but looking for any help, advice or insight on this. Thanks

elv 1 (resized).jpgelv 1 (resized).jpg
#3835 3 years ago

Thanks for your help. So in doing this will the game be updated to the .97 code. Is the SD card where the updates live?

#3838 3 years ago

Man I cant get any aspect of this too work in flashing an SD card. Anyone out there willing to mail me one preflashed for $50?

#3846 3 years ago

Trying to get the SD.raw file to a flash drive. My flash drive has 51 gb available. The elvira file is 14gb. but when I try to copy it over its telling me that the file is too big for the destination. WTF?

#3910 3 years ago

Thanks to those that helped me through flashing a new SD card. I got the game going last night and finally played the .97 code. Its a huge polish on the game. If Lyman quite now I would still think this is his best game to date. Its amazing that there is still more to come! Im not a great player by any means and Im tired of reading how everyone "got gappa angry last night . . . " The outlanes on this game are pretty brutal to me. I see that have holes to adjust them inward but still, that small steel post doesnt seem like much. I decided to take them out entirely and replace them with some purple williams posts. There is still plenty of room for the ball to drain in the outlane but now when its headed that way I have a bit more of a chance to nudge it. I only played one game but hoping to get gappa angry sometime soon.

ev post 1 (resized).jpgev post 1 (resized).jpgev post 2 (resized).jpgev post 2 (resized).jpg
#3933 3 years ago

Finally broke 100 mill last night. Still no gappa but I love this game. Gotta hand it to Elvira. Somehow she has managed to be the theme of 3 classic and great games.

3 weeks later
#4199 3 years ago

Thank you Lman! Gonna upload tonight with a cold one.

#4225 3 years ago

I got this cool little set off of amazon. The item name is "Lemax Miniature Spooky Town Gargoyle Fence (Set of 5). I put them around the edges of the game and it really gives a sense of being on Elvira's property. Especially when the ball goes down an outlane on the outside of the fence. The double columned center piece I made a little sheet metal piece and glued it on the fence so I could mount it on the upper lane center guide. Its kind of hard to see in the photo behind the cruiser but it looks nice from a players perspective. This set adds a lot of gothic flare for $20. Played about 6 games of .98 last night and its another game changing code injection. I love these one hundred decimal point updates that are so feature rich.
This is the only game Ive owned that I will set there and play 6 games in a row. Thanks again Lyman! You're numero .01!

fence 1 (resized).jpgfence 1 (resized).jpgfence 2 (resized).jpgfence 2 (resized).jpgfence 3 (resized).jpgfence 3 (resized).jpgfence 4 (resized).jpgfence 4 (resized).jpgfences (resized).jpgfences (resized).jpg
#4301 3 years ago

I made some new art blades for this game. I wanted them to more match the premium cabinet art as well as use cabinet art of elvira that you cant see when you are playing the game. I will post a pic of them installed over the weekend. I did make a pair and install them but I needed to adjust some things once I saw them on so these should be more dialed in and to account for the space taken up by medisynls awesome flap trap casket.

ELVIRA SIDE BLADES 3pst (resized).jpgELVIRA SIDE BLADES 3pst (resized).jpg
#4357 3 years ago

If the topper is the crypt it would have been nice to have it be an LCD that has whatever deadhead you have going on it in full size fashion instead of a small floating head on the main display. The screen could just have the crypt doors on it until you unlock a deadhead, then have the doors slide open and show just the deadhead within the tomb. If that were the case I would shell out 1k for that.

#4406 3 years ago

I felt like the translite was colored more towards the LE's cabinet graphics and I really wanted to alter it to more match my premium as I like the red and green that screams classic Scared Stiff and EATMP. Its not as hi-res as I would have liked but its not bad. I really didn't care for the large hand trying to hide the house either so I did my best to remove it. While I was at it I added some content like the werewolf of washington, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing ( I love all those hammer films), a night of the living dead zombie, the thing that wouldn't die, as well as some fencing to match the art blades I made and the gargoyle fences I picked up on amazon. I will install it tonight as well as the art blades and post some pics. This is a small and lower res picture for posting but see if you can find the added easter egg creature features. I had fun making this and really just did it for myself. Happy Friday!

EHOH PsT 2 (resized).jpgEHOH PsT 2 (resized).jpg
#4412 3 years ago

Installed the translite last night. The color is good and overall Im happy with it. Honestly, when the game is off it looks better than the factory as the factory is really dark when the game is off. Im not a good photographer and my phone camera sucks but you get the idea.

TRANS OFF (resized).jpgTRANS OFF (resized).jpgTRANSLITE ON (resized).jpgTRANSLITE ON (resized).jpg
#4413 3 years ago

I couldnt get a decent pic of the translite with the full game but wanted to share how it looked with the full game and my LED set up. I will post my LED layout in the near future for any who want to duplicate it. The factory cool white is a real dis-service to this game. I am going to adjust the art as it fell a little low once I put the trim on.

full game (resized).jpgfull game (resized).jpg
#4414 3 years ago

I also put my new artblades on and they compliment the translite well. This is my second print of them as the first one my red was too bright and I needed to adjust the art to fall in the right places. I really like where the title sits and the real estate sign. If anyone wants a pair pm me. Here is the left side.

BLADE LEFT LOW (resized).jpgBLADE LEFT LOW (resized).jpgLEFT BLADE UP (resized).jpgLEFT BLADE UP (resized).jpg
#4415 3 years ago

... and the right.

RIGHT BLADE LOW (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE LOW (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE MID (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE MID (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE UP (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE UP (resized).jpg
#4550 3 years ago

I added a couple of new mods. I replaced the flasher dome of the left ramp entrance with a hollow plastic skull that I cut about a 3/4in circle in the bottom of. I added red led eyes that hook up to the gi. It looks great when its not flashing with just the lit eyes, and it really lights up bright when the flasher goes off. Its a win win and cheap and easy. I also modded medysnls grass cover for the lower right flasher and drilled a few holes and mounted some spring motion zombie parts from a dismantled "dashboard zombie". Which are easy to find on ebay or amazon. Here is a link the the skulls I used for the flasher.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4NVFJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

skull front flah (resized).jpgskull front flah (resized).jpgskull red eye no flash (resized).jpgskull red eye no flash (resized).jpg
#4551 3 years ago

. . . and the zombie.

zombie installed (resized).jpgzombie installed (resized).jpgzombie plastic (resized).jpgzombie plastic (resized).jpgzombplas upside down (resized).jpgzombplas upside down (resized).jpg
#4566 3 years ago

There really does need to be some game play aspect of ALL of the characters portrayed in the backglass. Especially EEggack as he seems to be the primary character in the art.

2 weeks later
#4788 3 years ago

Finally got a video of the skull flasher dome with lit eyes I put together as well as the zombie and spider. They look pretty sweet in action.

3 weeks later
#5136 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

They look really good, but I do like that on the official Stern art blades you get some little touches like Elvira's Tiki Bar and the hot-tub/caldron in the back right corner. That whole section of art is really nice, and I like that the blades extend and add to the art that's all ready there on the backboard.
[quoted image]

I totally agree but unfortunately the right ramp pf itself block almost 100% of that art. Its a shame. Just like that sweet pick of elvira in her swim suit up by the pops that is completely blocked! i would have love to seen the whole pool area down buy the flippers.

POP ART pst (resized).jpgPOP ART pst (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#5649 3 years ago

I havent played in a couple of weeks. Played 1 game last night and got house party. Best game ever!

2 weeks later
#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

I have all ready swapped all the white off this game for a more colorful look. which make the game feel so much better!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Getting the sterile cool white LEDs out of this game completely changes its atmosphere no matter what color choices you make. I can understand why they leave that to the customer but they could at least make better choices to whether a game should have cool or warm lights.

1 year later
#10708 2 years ago

Feelin' pretty good that I just saved 2k on a topper with this. Plus my wife screams every time she sees it.

eLcHpT (resized).jpgeLcHpT (resized).jpg
1 year later
#14325 1 year ago

Does anyone have a pdf or link to install the vintoman crate mod? I bought my mod a few months back and cant seem to find the instructions. I emailed him but he's probably sleeping. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=pinstein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.