IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2843 3 years ago

Joining the club this week (I hope), my pin is in transit from Texas to me in Michigan. Should arrive Thursday. I haven’t played this game since Expo last fall, when my first impression was “beautiful haunted house, fun theme and art package, somewhat vanilla ramps/shots, limited code.” I have been reading for weeks that the code is stellar now, and still not quite finished. Would most people say this game is night and day different compared to when it was launched? Also, how common are people finding the VUK alignment problem? Is this pretty much an across the board design problem, or does it vary from pin to pin? I would like to be prepared to deal with any adjustments, essential mods, etc., when mine arrives. Thanks!

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Pinkitten- Yours doesn't have VUK alignment problems. lol

Awesome! Got confirmation from shipping that it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to get her downstairs in my basement and play with her. Um, you know.

#2876 3 years ago

Wow! Just added this game and on my 4th or 5th game, I reached House Party mode, and scored 550 million on that mode alone! 720 mil total. Such a fun mode. I love the spinning turret on the house. I read that feature was removed from the new code. I haven’t updated it yet. Is that true?

7808BB28-6588-4176-8C43-2DD72D9542AD (resized).jpeg7808BB28-6588-4176-8C43-2DD72D9542AD (resized).jpeg
#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thoughts guys. I may trade a Very Mint Addams family for an Elvira LE a little money his way. My Addams is a seriously nice restore and owes me a little less than what an Elvira LE would cost me in Australia. Am i doing the right thing i may not get an Addams this good again.

I agree with jfh. If you have enjoyed TAF and it’s time to move on to a new title, it makes sense. Just be sure you won’t regret not having a beautiful TAF, because those are not as easy to find and replace as a new or mint cond EHoH. Elvira is a newer title, and is popular, but I would think finding one will be easier than replacing a high-end restored TAF, a title from 28 years ago.

#2894 3 years ago

So the windows in the house can be accessed by collecting the skeleton key? That’s awesome. I’ve reached House Party, which is the midpoint, twice so far. I want to see what happens when you start every haunt! Cool game getting cooler as the complex code unfolds.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Well, 5 days from new it won't even turn on. Reading on here it sounds like it may be a bad SD card. Since this is my first ever pinball purchase, does Stern fix this or am I expected to shell out and replace the bad part myself?

Stern will usually stand by new purchases, at least by replacing the defective part and they will help with tech support by phone. I recommend contacting Chas in tech support at one-eight hundred five four two fifty three seven seven. I bought a new GB which didn’t work from day 1. He sent me a new node board and other parts and walked me thru the fix. It worked. I’ve had my GB 3 years now.

Good luck, get that pin fixed!

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

ahh ok I'm gonna try and lower the power now as far as I can while still ejecting. thx for the tip!

Yeah, lower the eject power, add Mylar to the lane, or consider metal protectors for both sides of the shooter lane. Cliffy makes them. I used to just use Mylar, but you’ll still get some wear under it. The metal is pretty bulletproof, if you don’t mind the change in appearance.

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

#92 is in the House
This is my first modern game since WMS Pinball 2000 (RFM and SWE1) Way different than my 90's DMD games. Does anyone know if you can disable the lockdown button when its on freeplay and only be used when its supposed to be used in game? I have a habit of hitting it every time I see it flash.
[quoted image]

Jandrea95 is correct. It’s one of the last in feature settings, I believe. “Disable action button to start game on free play” or something to that effect. I got tired of starting a game every time I leaned over the game to adjust something.

You have an incredible collection of classic 90’s era Bally/WMS games, btw!

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I decided to go for it. Using the instructions posted by Pozzest01, I repositioned the mount and drilled pilot holes with a 3/32 bit. The machine screw hole did not reallign (photo 1) How could it? So I left it out as did another poster. Photo 2 shows how far I moved the mount.
This Vuk now litterally blasts the ball across the playfield, violently hitting the 36-24-36 targets! Now I get to lower the VUK power. (A success story mostly for guys new to the hobby. I know this is no big deal for you experienced guys. Thanks for the help!)[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, so here's my thing with the crypt VUK. I don't have issues with mine firing the ball up onto the playfield. It doesn't take more than one try to spit the ball out. But, it doesn't come out clean and hit the trunk lock standups (is it supposed to?). My understanding was, that's the intended design. It's supposed to assist with hitting those 3 stand-ups across the playfield. Others have had success repositioning the VUK assembly under the pf. I'm worried I will create a problem that doesn't exist yet. Should I be happy the ball comes out every time? Or go for it and make the game play the way it could/should? I've tried all kinds of eject power settings. Full power sorta spits it out toward the left outlane, or just below the standups. It doesn't seem to come flying out smoothly. Lower power settings result in smoother eject, but the balls don't reach the standups, they head toward the left slings or left flipper.

Should I be grateful the VUK works and leave it be?

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I'm not very handy and it was a pretty easy adjustment, (after stressing about it for a while.) I went for it because I figured it was reversible. You can always just put it back at the old screw holes after filling your holes with some wood filler. Ended up being a fun project, but maybe don't go for it if you wouldn't find it fun. If you bought through a local distributor they could probably do it for you.
The fix has been durable so far and well worth the trouble. The VUK went from being an annoyance to a cool mech.

Thanks! I’m pretty handy at this point with adjustments. So I’m ok with drilling new pilot holes and adjusting the VUK. I just want to be sure it’s worth the trouble to have the VUK strike the “open the trunk” lock stand ups. I would prefer that! Is this an adjustment most owners are making?

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Yes, worth it. Ball now hits upper 36 or 24 and often 36 and 24 together, even with VUK power turned down. Was thinking of lowering power to hit lower 36 as that is is the hardest for me to target with flipper, but plenty happy as is. About 10% of the time it ejects above the upper 36, but has never gone into the trunk scoop. I would love to see that happen. What is even better than it hitting the targets though is that it just now feels right, not feeble, shooting with satisfying power.
I am also curious to know how many have made this adjustment. No idea.

Ok, I made the recommended adjustment to the VUK, using the pics provided to try to match exactly where it should be moved. Now it trickles out much worse than before. Hmmmm. It must be a VERY finicky sweet spot to hit. Take a look at my new position, it looks very similar to the others who have had success. Any ideas?

3C8E8CEA-703C-4CDB-AA46-0E8A339613C9 (resized).jpeg3C8E8CEA-703C-4CDB-AA46-0E8A339613C9 (resized).jpeg6B7BD6A3-09C8-4AC7-A863-E6576DD98314 (resized).jpeg6B7BD6A3-09C8-4AC7-A863-E6576DD98314 (resized).jpeg
#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Ok, I made the recommended adjustment to the VUK, using the pics provided to try to match exactly where it should be moved. Now it trickles out much worse than before. Hmmmm. It must be a VERY finicky sweet spot to hit. Take a look at my new position, it looks very similar to the others who have had success. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got it! I went back to my original position, put the screws back in, but turned the assembly clockwise slightly with the screws loose, and with only the top screw attached to the left side of the metal bracket, up through the ramp. I couldn't attach the bottom screw when I was done, but it's held tight by the top screw and the 3 on the right side of the assembly. And boom! It's blasting across the pf into the 3 trunk stand ups very smoothly. So, for my machine, it was a very slight adjustment, and new screw holes weren't essential, I just had to turn the assembly down to the right (clockwise) slighly and re-attach it. Thanks for the help everyone!

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for advice.I just bought my first pin WOZRR and looking for second (can’t tell if this is a hobby or a sickness).Im finishing basement and made room for 4.I want 4 different play experiences and this is the one I’m eyeing.Sucks can’t get out and play a variety as I just recently woken to the greatest entertainment on earth.What can you tell me about the play of this as opposed to WOZ? I appreciate any input n stay safe all!!

Congrats on your WOZ and welcome to this awesome hobby! WOZ was also my first ever pin. The problem for me was, where do you go from there?! For me, WOZ was the most amazing looking game I had ever seen. I had played lots of other pins, but I had to really learn what I liked to appreciate other games. I sorta wish I had started with a Sys11 or something and found WOZ much later. EHoH is much different from WOZ in most ways. Both are great games, but WOZ is a widebody with 2 upper playfields that plays very differently. I had mine for almost 4 years, but was ready to move on after about 800 games. I’ve owned about 50 pins since WOZ, and EHoH is one of the best to come out in quite a while! The code is excellent, and the haunted house is one of the best features in pinball! Good luck!

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Going to be hard to find an LE NIB at a distributor, but there seem to be a few out there. There was a run on the remaining (limited) investors after the Expo panel. There are a few LEs NIB around (there is one in the Pinside marketplace and one on eBay now) though I suspect some that show available are just because web pages haven’t been updated. Doesn’t take all that long to call around though.
Fortunately, there are no game play differences with the Premium and those are still available NIB.
Good luck! Don’t wait too long - there were only 200 in the US.

Do you know about how many of each trim level were sold in America so far? Is the 200 the LE? Does anyone know roughly how many premiums were made so far?

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The initial code reveal for Elvira was pretty underwhelming to me. And I admit I was concerned code was going to take longer, but Lyman appears to have really made excellent progress lately as the game is nearing completion. I purchase based upon what a game is, not what I think it will be. I was interested in Elvira before reveal, but then the reveal just didn't have enough there for me to justify purchase at that time. I bought games before based upon what I expected it would be (KISS) and was disappointed when code development was dropped like a hot potato shortly after release. Yeah KISS eventually got its update, but it was way far overdue.
JP2 is cool, but it's also one of the most convoluted games rule wise that I have ever played. Some shots are frustratingly tight too. I still like it, but I am going to balance it with Elvira which has an easier shot map and rules that are a bit less complicated, but still fun and challenging (it seems). And I like campy humor too!
Rob
Rob

Agree. I had a JP2 first and we enjoyed it. But I didn’t see even half the game and had some trouble understanding the rules. I blew up one game for a top 5 score and had no idea why. To be fair, JP2 wasn’t 100% finished with its code yet either. But we have enjoyed playing HoH more than JP. That’s just us.

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks mad dog.My head is spinning as I have to be realistic I have 1 ,made room for 4 and I’d be lucky to get to to that lmao.My goal is a JJP(check),a Stern,a CGC,and last a Bally or Williams.Then trade and sell keeping that balance .Ill feel a lot better when I can get out on location and play a variety.I just seen on maps there’s a place by our camper near Angola IN tgat has 94 pins but haven’t been able to go there ,might this weekend as our “stay out of your place” order has been lifted .Be safe Bud!

A friend of mine recently started collecting pins. He bought my WOZ and my first Scared Stiff, and then he got an Alice Cooper and ordered a JP2. So he will have a jjp, spooky, Bally/WMS and Stern. He wants a CGC pin too. Then he needs an American - Houdini, Oktoberfest or Hot Wheels! Tough decisions!

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Allowed to keep the other game until I’ve had enough time to make sure I don’t need any parts etc. power supplyNode boards,Opto’s etc. because I’ve had to wait so long and have the aggravation of packing the first up in the box I receive from the new one. the first one was received was with a smashed cabinet speaker. Bent node board 7 and 8 connections, dented playfield, Scratched ramps, and it bent the motor and mechanism that opens and closes the trap door. Not to mention the teret doesn’t work. This is all because the playfield fell into the cabinet On an angle. Who knows What happened to the turret. Gary told JJ that I could hold on to the first game until I’m sure I don’t need anything off of it just in case the second one has issues. Then I can arrange to have it shipped back. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t even want the first one back. I initially got the Munsters topper completely broken internally they sent me a second one and never wanted the first. So who knows. I just want one that works and isn’t banged up

Such a crazy, terrible story. I’m very glad to hear Stern did the (obviously) right thing and is replacing it, with free blades, and letting you use any parts that you need. How on Earth that game sustained that much damage, or was allowed to leave the factory like that is a mystery. I’ve had issues with every NIB pin I’ve purchased except for one. All needed some adjustments or fixes, except my MET. It played great from day 1 and I was amazed how it needed nothing, just getting the settings customized. Glad you will have the new, pristine game you deserve!

1 week later
#3349 3 years ago

Kitty from Scared Stiff couldn’t be left behind...

6540765B-2181-4D35-9F60-4D40578C79F1 (resized).jpeg6540765B-2181-4D35-9F60-4D40578C79F1 (resized).jpeg
#3351 3 years ago

He’s on the backglass chillin’ with Elvira.

#3355 3 years ago

I find all three to be fantastic representations of their eras. EATPM is a really fun, challenging Sys11, while SS is a great 90s pin. HoH is an excellent recent game with superior video, audio and deep code. If you could only have 3 pins, these 3 wouldn’t be a bad choice to get a flavor for the past 30 years of pinball. I feel!

0509EB16-5EBA-41A2-9314-3BD60D846B97 (resized).jpeg0509EB16-5EBA-41A2-9314-3BD60D846B97 (resized).jpeg
#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I realize this is a total newbie question but I've never moved the outlane posts up before. I removed the nuts below the playfield, thinking I can just as easily remove the posts from the topside and move into the middle/lower spots, but they will NOT MOVE an inch! I don't get why pin manufacturer's don't make this process a little easier (plug/play) but I digress.
So what's the easiest way to remove the posts from the topside? I can't seem to get a wrench in there, too tight.
Thanks in advance.

Most posts are held in place by a nut underneath the playfield. It takes a bit of effort, but if you raise the playfield and can hold the post from spinning (I use alligator pliers), you can remove the nut from under the playfield and change the post position. I wish it were simpler too.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

No, that's what I'm saying. I removed the nut from the bottom of the playfield but the post will NOT budge. Like not even a bit (it won't come out). I tried to push from bottom, but it doesn't wanna move. Again, NO IDEA why they make it so hard when they know that people will want to adjust.

Oh, gotcha. Yep, the above suggestions are options I’ve used. Unscrew the post with the nut off, even tho it’s not threaded into the playfield usually, or, I pull up on it with pliers, and a towel over the post so I don’t mangle it, and while I pull up I apply pressure in a circular manner, which gradually releases the post. That’s difficult to do if the post is obstructed by something. Those posts can be in there tight!

10 months later
#7837 3 years ago

Man, Elvira is aging like nobody else!

EDDC0464-BD77-45EB-B682-A32798D6A7AC (resized).jpegEDDC0464-BD77-45EB-B682-A32798D6A7AC (resized).jpeg
#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Bet that speaker would work better out of the box.

I wondered why it seemed so quiet.

#7850 3 years ago

I think the house in EHOH is one of the coolest toys ever.

271792E0-1C22-4852-806A-15C7CF0B0580 (resized).jpeg271792E0-1C22-4852-806A-15C7CF0B0580 (resized).jpeg2FFE343F-9BF7-46B1-B539-F218318ABB93 (resized).jpeg2FFE343F-9BF7-46B1-B539-F218318ABB93 (resized).jpeg7B8FAFD0-092D-41FF-9DD6-F23A368B75F5 (resized).jpeg7B8FAFD0-092D-41FF-9DD6-F23A368B75F5 (resized).jpegB65447EB-F3A6-417B-9BB2-ED83EEA34351 (resized).jpegB65447EB-F3A6-417B-9BB2-ED83EEA34351 (resized).jpeg
#7857 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

What's up Elvira owners! I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a premium and want to know your thoughts. I currently own TMNT pro, STh premium, JP2 premium and a Star Wars Comic pro. I am super happy with this lineup. I feel like EHOH would be a great addition. Comedy, easier fan layout, more laid back play in general. Am I barking up the right tree? Also, it doesn't seem too raunchy this time around (I have 9, 12 and 14 year old boys). I feel like they would be fine around it as we are pretty laid back anyway. TIA!

It’s definitely not as raunchy as Scared Stiff. The focus is more on the B-movie clips, which is fun, especially if you guys like campy horror movies. I’ve had JP2, TMNT premium and Star Wars LE, and I liked them all, but they all came and went. EHoH is bolted down. For me it’s a keeper and ticks every box.

#7902 3 years ago

One of the many nice things about EHoH is that for those who don’t feel it’s a keeper for whatever reason, resale or trade shouldn’t be too difficult, it’s such a popular title now. It’s definitely worth a good, long look. Great pin for guests and casual players too.

#7918 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

will the premium EHOH go well with this collection? Met Prem, Iron Maiden Prem, STLE, BM66, GB Prem, JP Prem, AIQ Prem, DP Prem, MBrLE, AFMrLE, WH20?

An ice cold lager and butter pretzels would go very well with your collection.

1 week later
#8061 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

If you don't care about money, see anything in my collection you wanna buy?

I will take Fathom, Flash, and AFM please.

Thank you!

#8064 2 years ago

You shaker, you brought her!

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This shaker talk makes me laugh. A pinball shaker is bassically a drill motor spinning an unbalanced weight. If it is to strong or soft it can be easily corrected by adjusting the weight. The real question is the quality of the motor. The Stern motors seem better than the Pinball Life ones in my opinion.

Mine is two hamsters running on a wheel, one heavy and one not so heavy. Much cheaper and I feed them thru the coin slot. It’s a more authentic feel.

#8085 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my Retro Refurbs side blades today and installed them without screwing them up! I am happy with how they look.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-sideblades/

Those are pretty wicked! About how long did it take for them to ship?

1 week later
#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

I would love to get an EHOH, but up here in Canada, I have not seen any used ones available for sale, and the 2 distributors don't know if they will have any to sell either, Kinda sux, as I have been wanting one since it came out, I even have a new topper sitting here waiting

Really stoked for anyone getting a new one of these, and I hope it’s soon for anyone waiting. It’s such a cool game to play, and even just to look at and tinker with. I just added some spooky trees to mine and I really like it. Oh, and Medicine Hat is a great name for a city! I read true crime and there is an unbelievable, tragic case that happened there 15 years ago that I’ll never forget.

16F493F2-6D02-4CFE-A958-27C24EC73581 (resized).jpeg16F493F2-6D02-4CFE-A958-27C24EC73581 (resized).jpeg
#8237 2 years ago

My fav sign mods are made by ULEK Store. David is the owner. Great guy. He makes great signs for JP2 and several others, Batman 66/BDK, etc. But I’m not sure if he offers any for EHoH. I did take a zombie warning sign from TWD and put it on EHoH. Night of The Living Dead is my favorite flick featured in EHoH.

#8306 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I kind of like the look of the retrorefurb blades. Thinking about grabbing a set.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have these multicolored blades from Tilt. They look great, but I must say I like the Retro Refurbs blades as much or more. Pretty sweet.

EE5E8134-7BCB-4447-B043-84274E69BB98 (resized).jpegEE5E8134-7BCB-4447-B043-84274E69BB98 (resized).jpeg
#8319 2 years ago

Did Stern change the back door entrance/skill shot on later models to make the skill shot easier to make? Or was there a fix kit for that? Mine was built Nov, 2019 and that shot is pretty hard to make. I like it that way. Maybe 1/3 of my plunges end up in the back door. The plunge must be just right.

#8356 2 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Love this game.
[quoted image]

Yours has the black rubber cushions too.

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Picked mine up today. Box was a mess. Game was in perfect condition. Might need to use a different shipping company next time.
[quoted image]

Holy lord. The game is...fine??? That’s so lucky. That box was treated very badly.

#8378 2 years ago

Added the deluxe speaker kit tonight. What an awesome mod. Well worth the price. Dazzling light show and tons of modes. Speakerlightkits.com.

3542FDA1-142D-463A-BBF1-2CEB6AD84659 (resized).jpeg3542FDA1-142D-463A-BBF1-2CEB6AD84659 (resized).jpeg
#8405 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Does anyone have premium glass on their machine? Any problems with the gargoyles hitting the glass and damaging the anti-glare coating?

I have Voodoo HD glass on mine. No issues that I’ve seen yet. Anti-glare glass is pretty awesome on EHoH. The artwork is worthy of it!

#8443 2 years ago

Does anyone have a few backup pop-up gargoyles and would sell me one or two? I would like to have a backup just in case. These guys bonk their heads a lot.

#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Yep
This is absurd. Not a good sign. This should never happen to a customer. Not even one. Ive bought software at a fraction of a percent of this price and gotten immediate support. This should have been resolved at the beginning of the week.
This is exactly what i was afraid of when i tried to reach out to their sales staff about the shorts on the games and got 100% blowed off..even after repeated attempts. Email support only? On a pball machine?? They cant afford to have a support team on staff? Man at this price level they should have a tech at your place sorting this. Like last monday.

I agree. I bought a GB premium back in summer of 2017, just my second pin ever at that point, and I had zero pinball tech skills then. My GB had a “subway eject device malfunction” warning right out of the box. I called, left messages, spoke with Chaz multiple times. I bought a voltmeter to try to determine the problem. After he sent me a new coil for the subway VUK and the problem persisted, he finally sent me a new node board. That fixed the problem, but only after many frustrating calls and 6 weeks of waiting to play my new pin. I remember saying to him, “$7000+ for a new machine and I have to make it work right?” At least it helped me start to learn to make repairs. Chaz did spend a couple hours on the phone walking me thru those repairs. RIP, Chaz.

#8565 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I had heard Chaz was very helpful and responsive when contacted. When did he pass? Anyone know what happened?

He died last August. I heard it was heart-related. Stern issued a statement simply saying he passed suddenly. He was always pretty responsive, and did take the time to walk you through troubleshooting on the phone. He never seemed in a hurry to get off the phone, and he had a calm, chill demeanor that was a good fit for dealing with panicked pinball owners. It was a loss to Stern and our community when he died.

#8648 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Few pages back I posted about how my ramp rail bumpers (nubs of death) were black, and busted and needed replacements. Most of you have blue ones, not black. I called Stern who said only blue exists and eventually they found the part # for black but didn't have them so they were sending me blue ones.
Then this arrived....
[quoted image]

Black is the new blue.

#8751 2 years ago

Nice to see more new owners receiving their pins. I remember playing this game and JP2 at Expo 2019 when both were revealed. I liked both games a lot, but I was surprised at some of the negative feedback this game got then. The code was unfinished, so you couldn’t do everything yet, but all the main shots were there and the house was obviously a high-quality item and better than the usual shrinky dink plastics so common these days. The only thing I was surprised about was the straight forward plastic ramps. Nordman is known for his many awesome twisty ramps (POTC, DM, WH2o, SS, EATPM). These are fast, functional and smooth, but mostly straight up and back. I love the game tho, and I’m glad to see it hovering around the top 10 pins of all time!

#8894 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Honestly they should send a tech to your home to deal with it.

Should is the operative word. I agree 100%. Fortunately I’ve only had a couple major issues with Stern pins that required parts be replaced, but both times they sent new parts and offered tech help by phone (before Chas died). The first time I was new to pinball and pretty upset they didn’t offer to pay for a tech to come repair the NIB pin I had just paid $7200 for. That was serious money in 2017.

#8895 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I am loving my small collection. All have been bolted to the floor.
[quoted image]

These are all awesome. This is a fantastic example of a 3-pin collection. LOTR is a long-ball adventure. AFM can be more punishing if set up hard, and EHoH is just a fun, well-designed recent release. Great collection! I have my first AFM coming from AZ next week!

#8916 2 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Okay so I have got to ask, How do you set up AFM to be set up hard. Is it in the settings or is it an angle of the playfield. I want to make sure that mine is set up as easy as possible. It is the only game that the kids want to play consistently.

I’m definitely no expert on AFM. I bet some owners can speak to that. Generally the pitch will make most games harder or easier depending on the speed. I’ve played some AFM machines that were very fast and game times were shorter. Others I’m sure good players can play for a long while. Should be some settings too that make the goals harder to achieve. I’ll find out soon, mine shipped today!

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

when I bought my first NIB I went all in and filled it with this type of protectors, even bought the PF protector...
to each its own but I ended up preferring using mylar in strategic places, inconspicuous and perfectly cut (I take my time) . I cut them to size and install them in about the same time it take to install anything else... It performs the same and it cost $1.00 tops.
I also do my shooter lanes like this, ... no more $100 cliffies for me or any type of protector. Cliff is a great guy and I like the products he makes, I used them before...
I am not a cheap guy either, I mean I like to take care of my pins, I just do not see the need for these things anymore. Mylar get the job done, can't see when it is down, it is easy to replace when needed and it saves me money too...
I had no idea these were made, but I will stick to mylar.

Mylar is extremely useful for playfields and I use it often in high-traffic areas. But for shooter lanes and around scoops and other places that take a beating, nothing bulletproofs like a Cliffy. Also, for pins that already have wear in those spots, Cliffys serve to protect and cover any eyesores. Mylar is great around pop bumpers too. The pre-cut rings are awesome.

1 month later
#9434 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Elvira could use a few tweaks. I'd like a better spinner sound and more rules for it. For example, beast booster is used only in "Teenagers From Outer Space". I wish there was a beast booster shot during every movie. Oh and I'd really like the font size and justification issues fixed. Wishful thinking....
Rob

Agree. One feature that seems underutilized is the Beast Booster spinner. Seems like they could have employed it throughout the game or during more modes. It’s one of the first features I noticed when images of the game were released. I figured Beast Booster would be a major part of the game, like you’d have to charge up the Booster to full power to destroy each monster and complete each mode. Could be fun.

1 week later
#9471 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Went to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Lv again this weekend, and again, Elvira was down. The staff said it's a problematic machine for them, but one of them said it's because it was a first run game.
Does that mean the issues from the first run have been resolved in subsequent runs? I'd like to feel as though mine will be "better" on delivery next year. I'm getting it regardless, because come on...it's a great game when it works, right lol? Just trying to get a feel for what issues I can expect to need to address most likely on delivery.

It can vary from game to game. I’ve had mine for over a year and it’s given me no problems. I had the standard VUK issue, where it didn’t shoot the ball across the playfield and hit the stand ups, but I adjusted it and it’s perfect now. The house is a pretty complex mech, with several places to enter. Plus you have the crypt and the trunk, so it’s got some moving parts. But I’ve been lucky, it’s a very reliable game for me, and I’m the second owner of mine. First owner said he had no issues. I hope you get yours soon! You’ll love it.

1 week later
#9516 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Alright, who's house is this? Because it's for sale and it's awesome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like Neil Peart’s estate put one of his houses up for sale!

2 months later
#10022 2 years ago

Man, I’m so sorry. That’s a truly terrible sight.

#10040 2 years ago

Glad you posted your experience and identified the distro. Shippers and distros will only feel the need to improve if they feel it affect their biz or reputation. That game will need a skilled hand and good eye to replace and restore any damage, and who knows what glitches could show up later due to the tumble. If they offered to have Stern restore it, with a discount for customer inconvenience and loss of use, plus a solid warranty for possible hidden issues, then maybe. So sorry for your loss.

#10053 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I got a new MoD for Elvira , his name is Rocket
[quoted image]

Cute! I hope your beer seal is intact.

#10056 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

He has a seal that drinks beer!?

Yep, Rocket and Beer Seal are the best of friends!

#10069 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Not sure where you heard that, but there has only ever been one couch. It is now in a Hollywood museum.

Does it have little squares of fabric missing all over it?

1 week later
#10123 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

so we can only hope that their next game is a total dud.

I hear it’s a vault of either Big Buck Hunter, WWE or The Rolling Stones.

1 week later
#10182 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Didn’t think I’d get one for at least a year but managed to get one of the few here in the U.K. and has the best custom paint job I’ve seen on a pin.
I couldn’t be happier with it and a nice compliment to my Mando LE
[quoted image]

Wow!

1 week later
#10243 2 years ago

I don’t put a lot of plays on my EHoH, maybe a few games a month, although I love this pin. I read this thread yesterday about the Santa Claus mode and decided to give it a try. I got the key right away, and worked my way through the rooms to unlock the 8th, and…Santa!

6E5337D5-5F18-495D-A2C9-B9D441B5C8FD (resized).jpeg6E5337D5-5F18-495D-A2C9-B9D441B5C8FD (resized).jpeg
#10253 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Once you have the key the secret room is unlocked.
It's the window on the far right. You can cradle the ball and select which haunt you want with the flippers (watch the windows move and take in account the extra flip to make the shot).
You don't have to work through any rooms to unlock it.

Oh! Lol! So I was patiently visiting room after room feeling the thrill of gradually reaching room 8 and unlocking the door…and it was already open? That’s funny. That’s what I get for not knowing all the rules.

2 weeks later
#10390 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Big question is will they renew for another run??

For sure. I hear the 41st Anniversary Edition will feature a new surprise color for the armor (not purple), and will come with a piece of insulation from Elvira’s house. $29,900. Pre-order today. Shipping 2024.

3 weeks later
#10519 2 years ago

What a legend Lyman was. And what a legacy he left behind. How many games in our collections did he code? His codes were often masterpieces, and even then we always wanted just one more update because he could always make them even better. Damn. Pinball suffered a loss today. Sad for his family. RIP Lyman.

#10525 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Ok, so this comment I made was misconstrued. I meant no disrespect to Mr. Sheats or his family. I was merely pointing out that Stern, being a business that seems to have somewhat questionable business acumen at times, might take advantage of this with a morally dubious decision. I apologize if I've offended anyone. It was not my intention.

I did interpret the comment as a dig at Stern, not at Lyman. Sometimes, timing is everything. It’s good to see an apology tho when people are upset by a post. People usually just double down. An apology, like this, is better.

#10526 2 years ago

Does anyone have an extra EHoH Stern banner they are willing to sell? I would like to buy one. PM me. Thx.

#10528 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think there is someone (in Europe?) selling knock-offs that are a bit smaller, but since they aren't officially licensed I decided to not purchase.
Rob

Thanks, yeah I’d like the official full size one. Seems the going rate on banners is $200+. Pricey!

#10595 2 years ago

What was the Cointaker price for the topper? Just curious, as I bought one from a retailer last year for well over $999 or whatever the recommended price tag. It was during the early run when they seemed to be going up and up, with some listed for $2k+.

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

999.00 plus 29.95 for shipping

Nice, glad a few more people were able to add one. I’m sure they will make more. It’s a well-made topper.

1 week later
#10674 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Bro, love deadpool. Its the longest game in my collection right now. It and Stars may be the last to leave.

That’s one of the best things about pinball…hundreds of pins to choose from and to try to find, acquire and decide if it’s a keeper. I love EHoH, SS and EATPM. SS is my personal fav of the 3. I’ve played Godzilla LE and pro and really like them both. I’m hoping to find a premium someday. But for whatever reason DP is just one I haven’t connected with. I respect how popular it is, and I even owned a pro, but sold it last year after a few weeks. The katana lock ramp is truly awesome. I would even own it again, because I’ve sold games and later decided they were keepers. This market is different than when I started 5-6 years ago, with some very high prices and plenty of competition for pins, but still deals to be found.

#10681 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This is an oddity. Posted an emoji in this thread, then deactivated his account. Huh.

Sometimes, it’s better to walk away in your prime than stay too long.

#10718 2 years ago

I still have my EHoH but I suffer from low ceilings.

Your troubles are over!

B8AD8325-7060-4AAD-9E0B-8B452AE7ED01 (resized).pngB8AD8325-7060-4AAD-9E0B-8B452AE7ED01 (resized).png
#10722 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Just received my new 40th the day before yesterday, got the topper the day after... I am totally in LOVE.
It's an amazing game in every way - shoots beautifully, fantastic rules/modes and man... it is so much fun! This 40th edition might be the most gorgeous looking Stern I've ever seen in the flesh. Even good pictures do it no justice, never mind the awful ones from my dark theater, but here's one anyhow.
[quoted image]

Congrats! EHoH is an awesome game. Your 40th anniversary edition with topper is a beauty. I bought my premium 2 years ago, before I knew how good this game would eventually become. A huge code update happened just days after I bought mine. I found a topper last year and I bought rails Cointaker once offered. I’m not sure I can bring myself to screw them into the cabinet! Maybe someone can post a picture of how they look installed so I can decide.

1D9B4566-835E-4CD7-AEEE-6706CE40E49D (resized).jpeg1D9B4566-835E-4CD7-AEEE-6706CE40E49D (resized).jpeg
#10728 2 years ago

Looks awesome! Thanks!

#10730 2 years ago

Personally, I think they kind of clash with the cabinet art. The solid color blood rails work so much better. I think stock is a better look on the premium vs. these. I know what Stern was trying to do. They are obviously a throwback to Sacred Stiff but it doesn't seem to work for me.

That’s what I’m wrestling with trying to decide. I think the rails are fantastic. They would look great on any Elvira pin, but they don’t really work (or fit) on the first two, and I can’t decide on EHoH, although I like the look.

#10755 2 years ago

The real question is, what will Elvira 4 look like, and when can we expect it? I’m going to guess 2031, “Elvira: The Golden Years”

#10757 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe I can pick up an SLE at a yard sale in 2040

Lol! EHoH will only be 21 years old at that time, no doubt many will still be in amazing shape. Lots of 90s era Bally/WMS in beautiful condition today, fortunately! I just realized, my son will be 21 then too. It will go by in a blink I’m sure.

1 week later
#10788 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Just curious..... how does everyone like their pin blades on HOH?
Seems like there's a few options out there, was thinking about maybe getting the Stern ones, but I'm not sure..... there's some other really nice art blades out there beside theirs.
Mirror blades are so pretty and add movement. I'm a little torn.
What did you get and are you happy with it? If you swapped around, what did you land on?

The Stern blades have perfectly matching art for sure. Here are two other options, one from Tilt Graphics and one from Retro Refurbs. I have the Tilt blades which I like. Both are good options.

AE1B2547-6EF3-41D9-9385-D458A4A270F1 (resized).jpegAE1B2547-6EF3-41D9-9385-D458A4A270F1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Added some trees in the back near the house would love to add some additional lighting. Does anyone sell just spotlights by themselves?

Comet Pinball does. Check out the spotlight kits. You can buy individual lamps and other creative lighting. Their matrix system makes it easy.

165C3F34-5295-4B55-936A-6FFB089F72BB (resized).png165C3F34-5295-4B55-936A-6FFB089F72BB (resized).pngF4562F7F-044E-4D31-B1D7-08AABE92B0ED (resized).pngF4562F7F-044E-4D31-B1D7-08AABE92B0ED (resized).png
#10827 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

I've tried to contact Stern technical support twice regarding my EHOH machine (three if you count me calling their hotline, which wasn't taking calls and just redirected me to email) and have received no response whatsoever. It's been weeks. Is this abnormal or are they just really backed up?

They definitely get busy and they do sometimes take a few days to reply. My last warranty issue took a week to get an order # from Eddie Yates in technical support. I received the parts another week or so later. If you don’t receive an order #, email service again with your name and the pin serial number. That was my experience at least.

2 weeks later
#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

make sure your Back Door opto is working

A dirty back door opto is known as a brown eye.

1 month later
#11028 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Just joined.........she’s lovely![quoted image]

All three of those are lovelies.

#11047 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So topper worth it? Is the scream too annoying? Is it awesome????

I’m not a topper guy, but I do like this topper. The scream frequency is adjustable, and mine only happens a couple times each game. It’s ok, nothing spectacular about the scream. But what I find worthwhile about the topper is the look of it, and how it seems to complete the game. The gargoyles design and build quality is quite good, and it really looks like it belongs on this machine. It’s debatable whether it’s really worth the price, but I’m sure for some buyers it’s a valuable upgrade. I paid $1500 for mine and I’m glad I got one.

#11050 1 year ago

Installed the Docquest video display mod in my right apron today. Great mod, and wasn’t hard to install either. Just be sure to order a splitter from Doug at Speakerlightkits.com if you have another mod plugged into the 12v in the backbox. Awesome mod by Docquest!

9F663D48-503D-4F7E-A17C-DE02B4DEF989 (resized).jpeg9F663D48-503D-4F7E-A17C-DE02B4DEF989 (resized).jpeg

#11057 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice pic! It's hard to get a good pic of the video when it's playing. I might have to steal it for my pindide shop.

Feel free! I was surprised how clearly the vids show in the pics.

864B56B6-6C5A-4197-9E80-065202A2C993 (resized).jpeg864B56B6-6C5A-4197-9E80-065202A2C993 (resized).jpegA61B3EA6-7A2B-4B65-A9FC-9FF61C404D8F (resized).jpegA61B3EA6-7A2B-4B65-A9FC-9FF61C404D8F (resized).jpeg
#11073 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for posting this, it backs up what I suspected. I recently purchased a very nice EHoH Premium complete with quite a few mods, including the clown shooter, only to be frustrated with it from the very 1st game. Looking it over I came to the same conclusion, the rod is simply too short. Crazy to think this should even be offered for sale, it might look good and suit the theme, but complete useless in a practical sense. I've ordered a standard shooter rod and spring, and will compare the two when it arrives.

That’s a bummer, and such a silly mistake for Stern. Shooter rods are pretty standard length on most solid state pins, I find. Weird they would use a rod noticeably shorter for an expensive mod. You can buy a raw shooter rod with nothing on the end for $8 or so. But that doesn’t help if the clown is glued on or would be damaged by removing it.

1 week later
#11125 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

i hope they do but im not certain. I just wish there was more variety to the modes, like hit the spinner x amount of times, or timed shots etc. It seems like its all just hit the lit static shots.

I had hoped for the same. The spinner has “Beast Booster” on it. I was thinking, cool, you need to charge the booster fully by ripping the spinner until you achieve a full charge, then hit the button on the lock bar, or make a certain shot, to defeat a monster. Are there any modes that involve the spinner like that?

2 weeks later
#11198 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I paid $3000 for mine and LOVE IT

I sold my Star Wars LE with R2 topper for $7500 a couple years ago. Times change! Cool topper tho.

1 week later
#11226 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

really only a defensive flip player (flipping when the ball isn't close in anticipation of what the ball might do) will raise the naked coil temps faster/higher

My 3-year-old son’s new nickname should be “hot coil,” because he constantly presses both flippers repeatedly if a ball is in play anywhere on the table. He will pause if the ball is locked or occupied by a mech, but usually he’s keeping them moving…just in case. He recently got multiball on EATPM, which isn’t a gimme!

#11254 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

maybe I should take a look..... just in case.

Prob worth a look. I bought a MM King of Payne topper and found the base cracked. Returned it and was lucky to find another new one. I agree the EHoH topper is well-made and pretty solid/heavy. I was pleasantly surprised, price/value aside.

1 month later
#11398 1 year ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

I am having an issue with the game intermittently will start scoring mass points sometimes billions of points without me even touching the flippers

I think UnholySpectacle is right. An opto or other switch is being triggered. This was discussed a year or two ago in this thread. It’s definitely been an issue for some who put up crazy scores due to the same problem. In switch test, something should be opening/closing repeatedly, is my guess. Let us know if you identify it. Ramp optos have been the culprit before.

Welcome to the club! EHoH has evolved into a masterpiece in a series of 3 pins that are all awesome representations of their respective eras. Imho!

2 weeks later
#11462 1 year ago

Yep, $7200 was about the base price for these in 2019. Mine was NOB I bought from the original owner. He was asking $7, we agreed on $6800 plus shipping. I remember feeling like I went out on a limb at that price because so many people were down on it at that time.

#11471 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Your eyes deceive you, 5 physical ball locks!!!!!

Yep. I think people underestimated the mechs in EHoH. The crypt is a cool mech with the revolving target that is fun to backhand and also accepts balls to lock for Gappa Angry (I think), but then you have trunk also, which opens to accept balls from the left ramp, a very cool shot to make. Then, you can even sneak a ball into the trunk from the side, which is always fun. That’s before you even consider the house, which has a rear entry (a tricky skill shot), and 3 more ways to enter from the front. The house is definitely my fav mech in pinball. It’s so well designed, and they didn’t cheap out and simply use the plastic shrinky dink pieces like they could have. The gargoyles are an upgrade on the frogs from SS too. Most pins I’ve owned I have considered selling or trading from time to time. I’ve never considered letting EHoH go.

2 weeks later
#11540 1 year ago

Stern has been awful quite lately. I haven’t heard any news about new games being made. My distributor isn’t even sure what is on the line now. Anybody have an update?

I heard GOTG pro one last time for autumn, but that may be old news.

#11591 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

The sling leafs are fine it’s only the pops. There’s an adjustment underneath the pop section?

If the pops are firing from vibration it could be the leaf switch contacts are too close. You can gap them from under the pf. I’ve had that on a new Stern or two.

#11616 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

So for the pop bumper issue I’ve had. You can see the seal on coil is exposed in pic attached. That’s my issue right? What would cause that?
It’s playing okay now I think it was a stuck pop. Issue is over heated and melted the seal a bit. Is that okay to just play or do they seal seal paper?
[quoted image]

Hmmm. I think you’re right, it certainly looks like the coil became so hot it melted the wrap a bit. I would consider a new coil there. Others may know better than I.

2 weeks later
#11727 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Noticed this item for sale at Target. Thought someone without a topper might be interested in utilizing this as an alternative.
https://www.target.com/p/mack-super-liner-60-sleeper-cab-w-vintage-40-dry-goods-trailer-elvira-mistress-of-the-dark-1-64-diecast-by-dcp-first-gear/-/A-84851234
[quoted image]

I have this Elvira Semi Truck on my EATPM. It’s not very big, but has great detail and makes a cool topper!

#11733 1 year ago
Quoted from markdw:

Better late then never I suppose. Just purchased a 40th NIB from the local distro. If anyone has any of medisynls mod's they would like to sell please let me know. I was late to the game and missed his last run mods.

PM him and let him know. He just stopped selling them like a week or so ago. He might have one left for you. Worth a try.

#11735 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

He was on the list for months and did get back to me in time (he hadn't logged into Pinside). We had PMd about it and I got him in.
Messages are going out for the last run within the hour here.
Otherwise, the deadline for the list was Sept. 4, and I've stuck to that. All sets being made are now complete (aside from the charity set that I hope to finish in the next couple days). Nothing else will be made.
I had to draw the line somewhere, and it's been hectic trying to juggle these with STh, as STh has proven to be difficult to make progress on with both lines running (each STh set takes about 16 hours to make [recently took another step toward hopefully reducing that a bit going forward]).

Awesome! Glad he got in!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11757 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

All true..... but here's the thing: everything always comes around eventually. While Stern is flying high now, their time in the sun is not eternal.
A couple years or whatever and people will finally have had enough. People may say this is all the same crap and people don't really care about price..... but that's not true. They are passing the Rubicon of 10K on essentially "Standard" machines, which is a big psychological number. It won't stop them immediately, but there will be attrition from here on out. When a real downturn comes, it's going to bite them hard (in sales volume) which actually (I believe) is part of the reason they are hiking so much now. 1st it lets them milk as much cash as they can in the short term while people are still throwing around money carelessly, and 2nd it sets them up as a true luxury item which is produced in small quantities for the rich when the economy goes belly up.
Even with this intelligent positioning, a decade long period of real deflation is going to rock Stern to it's foundations when the rich totally opt out and there are no buyers left at all. At that point they will regret screwing over the regular folk, but it will be too late and Gary could be croaked out by then anyway.

Like Homer Simpson said, “alright you win for now, but someday you’ll rust! Rust I tell ya!” (Laughing hysterically)

2 weeks later
#11840 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, but quantify "expensive." Chinese kindergarteners do that work for juiceboxes and snacks.

The price of juiceboxes exploded since covid. I’ve tried bulk, black market, generic. I’m not talking Capri Sun here, but the good, quality 100% juice juiceboxes. I’ve got a cargo container coming overseas full off them. I’m just gonna retire, play pinball and sip juice.

#11883 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

What they're doing is awful, but I can't see how there is any legal grounds to sue them.

Agreed. It’s a major downer that Stern didn’t produce more of these in 2020-2021 when it became clear more people wanted them. A large stock of premiums at $8k would be awesome. I wonder if anyone has a rough idea how many people are on waiting lists for EHoH?

#11927 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern's "lifestyle brand"

I’m waiting for Stern brand spaghettio’s, Stern face wash, Stern diaper rash ointment and Stern breakfast cereal. They need to expand their marketing.

#11936 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just ordered this nice gargoyle shooter for Elvira LE. Was tired of looking at a plain black shooter and was itching to add another mod to this game.
https://superskillshot.com/products/copy-of-gargoyle-flying-shooter-for-elvira-machines?_pos=1&_sid=fd80083d7&_ss=r

Super Skill Shot makes cool shooter rods. I just added one on my TZ. Tons of variety!

1 month later
#12106 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lyman only really roughed it in. There's tons planned but not implemented in this game. Just a crap deal all around with him no longer being with us.

Agreed. EHoH is such a cool game partly for that reason, that it shines despite having room for plenty more. I really wanted a Beast Booster mode, where you could rip the spinner to steadily build power for a special weapon to use to defeat any single deadhead or creature mode. Something like that. Kinda like charging the electrodes or whatever in Munsters (I don’t know that game well). I’m not sure how Lyman having moved over to CGC would have affected EHoH. But I’m still hoping they issue a final update with some additional code. But either way, Lyman gave us pinheads a lot to be thankful for.

#12138 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

I haven’t been to Universal since Harry Potter land opened. I moved to FL in 2005 with my wife (then gf) when I was 31. She was early 20s. We lived in Bonita Springs, about 2.5 or 3 hours from Orlando, but we must have visited there 5 or more times in 3 years. Every few months we went back. My parents took us to Disneyworld when I was 9, and I enjoyed it, but I had more fun at Universal and MGM in my early 30s for sure. I just appreciated everything more and recognized all the themes, like The Mummy and Men in Black. We had a blast there 10+ years before we had kids!

#12166 1 year ago

Docquest is correct. About 84” for mine too. I was curious myself. Mine fits with about 1 inch clearance.

#12192 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Thank you both! If there's an official Stern fix, that tells me there's definitely a pattern here. I'm pretty handy service wise. I'll have a quick look order the playfield and see what's what. So, ideally, the ball should hit the "24" target on the left side?

Yep, it should hit the stand up target bank under the trunk. I had to reposition mine when it arrived. Problem solved. Many people swear by the bending hood method, just be careful trying it. If that doesn’t work, there are discussions and pics showing where to reposition the VUK mech. But I would try tweaking the VUK kickout power, or bending the hood first.

Good luck!

#12211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The house is an incredible toy too - perhaps one of my favourite ever in a pinball

When I first saw EHoH at the reveal at expo 2019, I was struck by how impressive the house looked. It wasn’t thrown together with those thin plastic panels Stern often uses to build things. The quality was apparent. Then, it had a crypt with revolving door/bash toy, AND a trunk. The artwork was eye-popping too. If I had any criticism at all, and it was minor, it was that the ramps seemed pretty vanilla for Dennis Nordman, who is known for his many wild ramps. They don’t detract from the game at all, for me, but that feature did stand out. 3 years later, I’m still very “sold” on this game (but I’ve yet to sell the house). It’s a great game.

265B4818-9362-4320-BAE9-C6335D36EF94 (resized).jpeg265B4818-9362-4320-BAE9-C6335D36EF94 (resized).jpegEB54656F-486E-44D2-A842-310436666EFE (resized).jpegEB54656F-486E-44D2-A842-310436666EFE (resized).jpegECC257B0-A1F4-45FF-B4A0-412392661D9D (resized).jpegECC257B0-A1F4-45FF-B4A0-412392661D9D (resized).jpeg36BCB6DC-1346-4F89-A2DB-1E591B440EA8 (resized).jpeg36BCB6DC-1346-4F89-A2DB-1E591B440EA8 (resized).jpeg
#12213 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

You know that Nordman had different wild ramps in preproduction, right?? They were cut out. Pretty cool, but I think I love it the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing!

No! I didn’t know that. Very interesting. A budget issue? Or stylistically they didn’t work?

#12295 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Just heard from my distro. I’m 18th on the list with only 8 games allotted. I would say this is a medium sized distributor. Price is indeed 10,500. Perhaps a few spots will clear up but guessing not over half drop off. Looks like it’ll be yet another year before I get one. If she only knew how many mods I have just patiently waiting to adorn her!

Stay on the list, I’m guessing there is a better chance 10 people drop out at $10.5 than you may think. Still a good chance they will have one for you. Plus, due to limited numbers, if you nab one at $10.5 and ultimately decide it’s not a forever keeper, there should be buyers at $10.5+. I was on a list for a GZ premium at $8800 shipped, and figured it wasn’t meant to be. But I got the call and unboxed it yesterday! Get that EHoH!

#12312 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Well I was tired of waiting for an LE so I bought the 40th and had it delivered on 12/31/2021. What a great game! It's going to be sitting idle for now while I play my Alien LV which just arrived yesterday. That completes my current retirement lineup: Elvira HoH 40th, Halloween CE Butter and Alien LV. I'll be placing the Alien LV in it's permanent home after burn-in and tweaking.
[quoted image]

I love the Halloween III masks next to the Creepshow crate monster. The Crate is a great little monster story. Poor Charlie Gereson.

#12322 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was wondering about this myself, for the new EHOH games with insider connect if you are relocating it to the coin door what do you do to plug the hole on the apron?

Add the apron LCD screen mod! It’s awesome and shows clips of the movies featured in the game on a loop. Nice apron option if you relocate insider connect.

0694EDD9-70AC-4D3B-B480-9BC3DC9E9A66 (resized).jpeg0694EDD9-70AC-4D3B-B480-9BC3DC9E9A66 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12400 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Added a couple of jack-o’-lanterns from etsy and they turned out good

Put a Comet fire bulb in those bad boys and light em up! You motivated me to make that happen. Drill a small hole in the back or bottom of each pumpkin and they will appear candle-lit.

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

anyone with access to the proper toolset want to make a vinyl overlay?

Don’t need a vinyl overlay! I sent you a PM with link to graphic designer who makes custom translites for about $50. Just select a high res JPEG image you like and attach it with the dimensions. I’ve had 4-5 custom translites made for GB, LOTR, Tron, BSD, TOTAN and Johnny Mnemonic. Takes about 5-7 days to get it after order.

#12456 1 year ago

The Haunted House needed a dust cover. The room appeared to be stretching! The ceiling was going up, while the floor was going down!

1FF35CCE-FDC0-4F56-9EB6-BF3DCFD8D405 (resized).png1FF35CCE-FDC0-4F56-9EB6-BF3DCFD8D405 (resized).png
1 week later
#12561 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Will that work on a European coin door?
I thought those didn't come with the cutout needed to put the scanner in it. [quoted image]

Prob have to mount inside the door like someone described above? Question for you IC pros, do I have to scan my barcode each time I turn on my EHoH (or GZ)? So far that’s what I do. I assume it’s not necessary and I’m missing a step.

#12565 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

If you go into the network settings there’s an option to setup Hometeam. You can then scan up to 8 IC accounts to be stored in your machine and selected prior to starting a game without having to scan. This will carry over to all IC capable games in your collection.

Thank you!

#12580 1 year ago

The playfield on my EHoH looks great after 3+ years and around 500 plays. Very minimal, normal dimpling. As noted above, it’s probably thousands of plays before notable pf wear becomes a concern. Now there are “hot spots,” like the shooter lane, and trough hole. But you can Cliffy those. And keep your drop target level with the pf when it’s down, so the ball doesn’t strike the wood edge behind it. You can observe where the ball lands when fired from the VUK and add a decent thickness mylar there. But you shouldn’t need a full protector. Just my 2 pennies!

#12586 1 year ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I read many times why Elvira is so difficult to make again or why the cost is so high. Well take a look here...
[quoted image]

They definitely didn’t go cheap on the house. It’s just a beautiful, complex feature. That was smart, since the game is called “House” of Horrors. The shrinky dink plastics employed by Stern on some other pins would have been a huge disappointment. I wanted one of these pins as soon as I saw the house.

#12611 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Total Mirco bull.
People that fix Mirco playfields and re-clear for a living don't have that problem.
Ask Kruzman in his clearcoat thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread
He'll destroy that myth it's the material and not the vendor that's the problem with the crappy clear jobs.

Kruzman does an amazing job! I have one of his in my EATPM. But the key to avoiding dimples is easy…use a softer ball.

#12642 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve noticed the leading edge of the house ramp can get wrecked by ball hits. It’s a wonder has anyone come up with a plastic sleeve or something to protect it or do people ever replace the leading edge or do you have to replace the whole ramp?

I requested backup flaps from Stern for the same reason. I try not to shoot the house when the ramp is going up/down, but that’s difficult to avoid. I think Stern sent me 2 backup flaps. Replacing the entire ramp is probably very expensive, if you can source the ramp at all. Removing and replacing flaps isn’t simple either, but you can get a rivet press and do it. There is a very helpful tutorial at Rampomatic.com (see below). They also sell the rivets you need. That’s probably the answer to the dented flap issue, unless Cliffy perfects a lead-edge flap protector!

0E7C3260-9008-4D6D-9395-F41F409A16C5 (resized).png0E7C3260-9008-4D6D-9395-F41F409A16C5 (resized).png
#12667 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You don't need a rivet press, just use a rivet setter and a hammer

Agreed, good point. I should have mentioned that. Rampomatic offers a kit with a mix of rivets and a rivet setter. I think they are sold out at the moment, but you can still order their rivets and a setter/punch is cheap and easy to order online.

2 weeks later
#12814 1 year ago

I really hope they make a bunch of these this month. Everyone waiting deserves to have their loyalty and patience rewarded, or at least respected. This is a great game and well worth the wait. I finally got around to powder coating mine. Steve at Pinball Refinery just did it in this deep red. They arrived and look amazing. I’ll post pics when I have a chance to install everything. Get that lady rolling on the line, Stern!

4F832392-6BD8-4C56-BA66-5CA13FB027E6 (resized).jpeg4F832392-6BD8-4C56-BA66-5CA13FB027E6 (resized).jpeg56C86CF2-B668-44C6-B083-51CD983A49DD (resized).jpeg56C86CF2-B668-44C6-B083-51CD983A49DD (resized).jpeg
#12822 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Looks great! Steve is the best! Check out the purple he did for me.[quoted image]

Wow! I wanted to go with purple on mine. I wasn’t sure if it worked on a premium. I love it on the 40th. I’d love to have a 40th someday. Awesome color!

#12823 1 year ago

I went with "fractured illusion cherry". Done locally.

Sweet! I love the wrinkle (or whatever they call that!). Same color as mine, but with texture. Niiiiice.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I didn't know there was a "Fractured Illusion Cherry" that does look good.
Pinkitten, that "Deep Red(?)" may be the Prismatic Powders "Illusion Cherry" I did on mine. It too is a smooth finish.

Yep! Exact same as mine. You thrilled with yours? Steve highly recommended the illusion cherry. He’s doing my GZ now, in the same color that he did my Fish Tales. Prismatic Universe. Like this…

E066457F-212A-401B-9127-619BC6BD5E63 (resized).jpegE066457F-212A-401B-9127-619BC6BD5E63 (resized).jpeg
#12826 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yes, love the illusion cherry deep rich color. Also, I changed out my head t-molding from red to black.

Nice! I experiment with different t-molding colors. Here’s mine with two-color as I tried to decide. I still haven’t made up my mind in like 2 years. So it’s been that way.

174F6A5D-9639-402C-BBF5-9359A1AA7FBA (resized).jpeg174F6A5D-9639-402C-BBF5-9359A1AA7FBA (resized).jpeg74EA259A-D9C2-4A98-A18F-E1E2EE9CBAC4 (resized).jpeg74EA259A-D9C2-4A98-A18F-E1E2EE9CBAC4 (resized).jpeg
#12829 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Nice. Are those speaker lights made by doug?

Yep, exactly. Awesome speaker lights.

#12830 1 year ago

Does anyone have pics of their premium EHoH with purple powder coat? I’m curious to see how it looks. Post here or PM me. Thanks!

#12834 1 year ago

I took these pics at the unveiling of EHoH on October 19, 2019 at Expo. I was dazzled by the house right away.

0B80500B-6F2B-4995-B31A-8C644E43BE79 (resized).png0B80500B-6F2B-4995-B31A-8C644E43BE79 (resized).png364504ED-476A-4EC0-8F1D-68E2B4997347 (resized).jpeg364504ED-476A-4EC0-8F1D-68E2B4997347 (resized).jpeg
#12838 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Thanks! Nice web rails!

#12845 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's some great shots in Wasp Woman. ... Not so much Eegah! lol

What a great title tho! Eegah!!!!!

#12847 1 year ago

Is it exploding shaving cream? Didn’t they do that in Barb Wire, that cinematic masterpiece with Pamela?

#12851 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL. That movie could have been good, in that 90s superhero way. At least the pinball is halfway decent!
No, not exploding shaving cream. Look at the guy's face and think more literal. I mean, seriously stupidest thing ever! LOL

There’s a recent article revisiting Barb Wire, with all the buzz about Pam’s book and her financial struggles. They are kind to her, calling Barb Wire a fun, over-the-top campy film with laughably gratuitous nudity and funny dialogue. But it also had a decent budget, some impressive set pieces and stunts, and a wild finale atop a crane. Pam had just married Tommy Lee when Barb Wire began shooting, and it was grueling for her. Long days learning to ride a motorcycle and kickboxing in boots and a tight corset. She had an ovarian cyst burst during a stunt, and was exhausted trying to shoot Baywatch at the same time. They credit her performance as pretty good, considering. If you can find fun in movies like Tango and Cash (my vote for worst dialogue), Barb Wire is a silly, fun popcorn movie.

#12854 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ted Estes went back to TZ (I will never not be grateful for that)

What all did he do on TZ?

#12863 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s too much to go into on this thread, but A LOT. Back when doing development meant having to program an actual chip and you had limited memory to cram all your changes - he fixed a whole bunch of bugs, re-enabled the 3rd magnet, added a whole new staging process for the main multi ball (shoot and lock all balls on the magnets), scoring, etc etc etc. I’ll see if I can find the references. That is the “9.4H” ROM for that game. Was never released to (or intended for) locations - the “H” stands for “home”. He included release notes specifically asking that no one modify the code to allow coin play (because he didn’t want to piss off Williams). Then some d-bag did anyway and Ted stepped away from the whole project, despite having further plans we will now never see.

Got ya, thanks. Nice that he was able to add some things to the experience. TZ is a really unique game.

#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

After Elvira came out Tom has since been promoted to director of mechanical engineering at Stern.

If he was responsible for making the house a reliable, sophisticated toy, he deserves that promotion.

1 week later
#12947 1 year ago

Illusion Cherry powder…haven’t attached the new legs yet, and the speaker/lcd panel will be done too. But it’s a really nice color on this game I think.

FD71086E-3648-4AD2-91BB-ABE56A2F9BC7 (resized).jpegFD71086E-3648-4AD2-91BB-ABE56A2F9BC7 (resized).jpeg954F4F5B-FE2E-4BEC-BDBA-F58B672586BC (resized).jpeg954F4F5B-FE2E-4BEC-BDBA-F58B672586BC (resized).jpegAFF96A84-48DA-4B7A-9779-021A58789D88 (resized).jpegAFF96A84-48DA-4B7A-9779-021A58789D88 (resized).jpeg
#12976 1 year ago

Could it finally be happening? Are Houses under construction? It’s about time.

#13072 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And didn’t the Premium start at $7699?

It did. Also, the first couple NOB to hit the resale market on Pinside were listed for $7200 or so. I believe one sold for $7k, and the second was $6800. Those were the days.

#13074 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I bought ours with 70 plays, 3 months after release, for 7k.

Mine was about that, in April, 2020. Reviews were mixed early on, and some people got out quick, before the code was finished. If I didn’t have mine, I’d be in now at $10,500, for sure.

#13076 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Heck ya, its a great game. And since we bought cheap, I'm into it only about 9200 with topper, powdercoat, Medisinyl, shaker, pinwoofer and speaker lights.

I’m not far behind, after adding powder coat recently, and I also have the topper and speaker light kit. I also added the apron lcd mod (great mod) and just bought the crate with the zombie inside that opens.

#13084 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Who did you get the zombie crate from?

Yep, Vimtoman.

#13308 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

we'll be drowning in Foo's in 6 months

I think you are exactly right. The early buzz is encouraging, and it could be justified. It sounds like early sales will be robust. But, not everyone is a Foo fan (their only song I really know and like was that peppy one with the Mentos video on MTV, and I don’t think it’s even in the game) and the verdict is still out on gameplay. I hope it’s awesome, because the more awesome pins, the better. But EHoH is a sure thing. It’s a proven top 10 pin. I bet Stern sells so many Foos, that in 6 months when Godfather, or the next Stern, or Deadpool 2 come out, you’ll have no trouble grabbing a new or used Foo. I’m just glad so many people are finally getting their EHoH!

#13338 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

We need to apply some Pinside Logic here.........
41st Anniversary Edition Confirmed!!!!

This was my comment about a year ago…

“For sure. I hear the 41st Anniversary Edition will feature a new surprise color for the armor (not purple), and will come with a piece of insulation from Elvira’s house. $29,900. Pre-order today. Shipping 2024.”

I even earned a thumbs-down!

#13353 1 year ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Same as SS. They have to touch the glass .

Agree. I like my frogs on SS and gargoyles to just barely reach the glass on a hard shot, if possible. Rubber bands work, I’ve also used the tiny Titan post rings, those little round 3/8 or 7/16 buds.

#13374 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

You all prefer art blades or mirror blades for this one?
I'm usually a fan of mirror blades, but the art blades for this title actually look pretty good.

I like mirrors on some pins and art blades on others. EHoH has several really great art blades to pick from. The Stern ones are very popular and feel like they are part of the original stock design. I have the multicolor ones from Tilt Graphics below…mirrors look great on most pins too, and the ones avail from Pinball Life are awesome now. The entire back is adhesive, so no screws or tape to deal with.

D402F2DE-2C04-4D64-BBDA-4C3E0F723B81 (resized).jpegD402F2DE-2C04-4D64-BBDA-4C3E0F723B81 (resized).jpeg

#13436 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

You can still see her cleavage

Where can you see…oh, yep.

#13526 1 year ago

No way in Hell I'd trade my EHoH for Godfather. Not by a longshot.

Even if I make you an offer you can’t refuse?

#13527 1 year ago

Even if I make you an offer you can’t refuse?

I am pretty excited about TG, but I agree. I wouldn’t trade mine either.

#13583 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just don't see the appeal of that game. Decapitated horse head multiball anyone?
Rob

I’m excited about the design, and I’m hoping it’s a blast to play. But, although The Godfather is a classic story and great film, I agree that it’s not exactly an obvious pinball theme. There are SO many movie titles I’d like to see first (Goonies, Superman, Friday 13th, etc), but something about this one made me pull the trigger. I haven’t watched the gameplay stream yet, but I was told the music and callouts are pretty lighthearted and playful, which is odd. That’s not really The Godfather at all, if true. I also find the opulent art package puzzling. The Corleone family were about power, not flaunting wealth. They flew under the radar, in many ways. Their homes in Italy and NYC are pretty understated. The bling is a little much. So, I’m kinda banking on the gameplay and rules! Eric did a great job on POTC, and I’m hoping TG is just as good.

1 week later
#13934 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Question: is it possible to turn off the game end trailers?

I know you can make them shorter in the settings. I can’t remember if you can turn them off entirely. Definitely an option to make the end “highlight reel” shorter.

#13951 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It really needs an adult mode like Scared Stiff had. I wonder if that was ever in the cards?

We let our young son play EHoH. We are usually pretty careful about content, but the jokes are puns and innuendo that goes over his head. It’s really not very graphic. The clips are quite bland, many b & w and no blood or scary clips. Some b-movie monsters and Elvira’s cleavage. We have EATPM and SS, so he’s kinda familiar with her.

#13953 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

One of the crypt family heads will drop an f-bomb periodically, and sometimes there are a few other PG-13 swears that show up (drive me 'bat-shit' crazy) for example. I have a 10 year old and while I do my best to keep things age appropriate around the house, this game doesn't really concern me.

I forgot about the dead heads. I agree. The dead heads are probably the most graphic or scary. A couple of them are a little gross, or could scare a kid. You might want to see them before you decide.

2 weeks later
#14340 1 year ago

Congrats to everyone who waited so long, some people 2 years or more, to get a nib EHoH. This thread was understandably dripping with frustration as Stern delayed and delayed production, as prices climbed. It feels like most people who still wanted one were able to get one. If some people were priced out, I hope they find one on the resale market for under msrp. It’s a great game, and feels like a 90’s throwback in some ways. There aren’t that many haunted house games, and it’s hard to imagine a better haunted mansion toy than this one. Congrats to the recent new owners!

#14353 1 year ago

I’m still so impressed with the house toy construction. Look at those dormer windows, they could have just made artwork that resembled a window. The attention to detail is pretty awesome. So glad Stern didn’t build the house out of shrinky dink panels, like the safe house in 24, and many other examples. The details are great.

0590DD9E-3104-4664-804B-28AFDF73020A (resized).jpeg0590DD9E-3104-4664-804B-28AFDF73020A (resized).jpeg99F8BF52-302A-4373-973D-665E06013149 (resized).jpeg99F8BF52-302A-4373-973D-665E06013149 (resized).jpegABDBE40D-3598-49B8-9997-C2EA84DD752A (resized).jpegABDBE40D-3598-49B8-9997-C2EA84DD752A (resized).jpegB9FBB217-B63B-4C3C-8B1D-224847287C79 (resized).jpegB9FBB217-B63B-4C3C-8B1D-224847287C79 (resized).jpeg
#14423 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The boob bumpers are the best mod ever created.

I believe they prefer to be called pop knockers.

#14453 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Mine just arrived!! Wooohoooo!!!!
You wax it before 1st play right?

Congrats! As noted above, waxing a new clearcoated playfield is more a preference than necessity. Wax can speed the game up some tho. I do prefer to clean all my playfields with simply Meguiar’s Carnuba wax or cleaner wax. I seldom ever use anything abrasive like Novus 2, except on used playfields with swirls or scratches. On new pins like EHoH, I would play it and maybe do a light wax/cleaning every hundred or couple hundred plays. I also replace black rubber with a color or clear rubber from Titan, another preference. I feel like pins get less dirty or collect less black dust without black rubber, but it’s probably all in my head!

#14582 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I ordered a few cliffy sets from around that timeframe as well. Hoping to get the order soon. He needs to hire some help!

I believe he said his son or sons were working with him to fill orders and he lost their help. His protectors are stellar, and for many pins his are the only option. But he’s super busy and way backlogged on orders. I have a few orders pending with him myself. It used to be weeks, now it’s months. I hope he gets help!

#14619 1 year ago

So strange. So many reports of issues with these recent builds. Why? Are they appreciably more than the early builds? It sure seems like issues with the shooter lane, the house and other glitches are frustrating people. Mine is a Nov, 2019 build. My only issue was a poor trajectory of the VUK, which I resolved fully by repositioning under the playfield. Now it shoots crisply and consistently into the 3 trunk stand ups. I’ve had no other issues in 3 years since. I hope everyone gets theirs dialed in as well!

#14695 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Nothing like coffee and tinkering on my machines in the morning.

I love the smell of mylar in the morning!

#14724 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

the ball seems to get stuck at the top of the shooter lane under the right ram

Can you post a pic showing the ball stuck?

#14725 12 months ago

Regarding above posts about adding extra light to this game, I added a lamp in front of the family crypt with a green bulb. It’s a cool effect, and might be a good choice for those with crypt mods. I just have a spider climbing down mine. I also just noticed a bottle of Elvira’s Night Brew beer on the plastic in front of the crypt. Someone tossed their bottle on the ground near the family crypt? Rude!

5DABCD2F-DBE9-4E47-AFE4-D2321FF93369 (resized).png5DABCD2F-DBE9-4E47-AFE4-D2321FF93369 (resized).pngFD2D149A-21F0-4963-95EF-D59BEBA3DA9C (resized).pngFD2D149A-21F0-4963-95EF-D59BEBA3DA9C (resized).png
#14727 12 months ago

Oh wow. Sure enough. The ball is riding the far right edge of the shooter lane and the bottom of the right ramp is contacting the ball. Anyone else seen this? I’ll take a look at mine if nobody has seen this.

#14743 12 months ago
Quoted from Beldar:

decided to replace the Black rings and bumpers with Purple on my EHOH Premium

Same here. I recommend the purple plastic protectors too.

D9B3528B-5E5D-4588-B646-1A0EBF73887A (resized).pngD9B3528B-5E5D-4588-B646-1A0EBF73887A (resized).png

#14750 12 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Who sells in purple? I see mezel only has green or clear.

Pinball Life has 6 colors (red, green, purple, yellow, orange, blue) plus clear, for $10 (4 protectors). Cointaker has purple or clear, same 4 pieces, $28.

#14756 12 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I just checked the PBL website and 4 clear protectors are $9.95 and for any of the colored protectors it is an extra $15 so the total for the 4 colored (red, blue, orange, green, yellow, purple) protectors is $24.95.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0160-00
Gord

Ah, gotcha. Thx. I didn’t click on the drop down to see that. Nice they have 6 colors to choose from.

#14766 12 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

A Dispiriting Discovery:
I unboxed my April, 2023, EHOH yesterday, set it up, and began dialing it. I know that some of you who have games from this latest batch are having plunge issues. Well, so have I. When I first set up my game, I couldn’t see any shooter-lane misalignments, so I just focused on the getting the shooter rod centered behind the ball, etc. That, however, didn’t solve my rattly plunge, so I took a harder look and discovered that the groove cut in my playfield for a shooter lane is NOT colinear with the shooter lane; it points noticeably left. I used my iPhone to make a slo-mo clip of a plunge. In it, you should be able to see how the “point” of the channel does NOT point to the vertex of the fork ramp but instead points noticeably left. The ball dutifully goes left and doinks off the left point of the fork ramp and becomes airborne. I do not see any “fix” for something like this and I will of course have to talk to my distributor about it. I don't like to be a PITA, but for $10,500, I won't tolerate an issue like that. No frickin' way.

[quoted image]

Holy lord. I knew some people were having issues with the shooter lane. But this channel looks aligned clearly left of center. Is this what others are experiencing?

#14767 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Do these protectors dim the game GI or change the look of the artwork? I love the trim colors the protectors provide but am worried that it will tint the art.

I don’t think the colored protectors affect lighting much, if at all. The plastics they are protecting have dark artwork on them already, and aren’t letting much light through. But you prob don’t want light coming up toward you through the sling and outlane plastics anyway. I don’t find EHoH to be poorly lit, but adding a couple lamps with bright LEDs is pretty easy if your pf is dim. I think the colored plastic protectors look awesome. I have blue ones on GZ and yellow on FT, and orange on Indy Jones, etc. Whatever looks good to you tho!

#14772 12 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I adjusted mine and made new holes. Its perfectly centered now. I know it sucks...but there is no other fix. Also, a friend has an early Elvira that was the same way. So this issue seems to be nothing new.

Actually, I was very surprised to find almost the exact same alignment on my 2019 build. Here is mine, and the plunge is pretty smooth and consistent. So the cause of the rattle may not be so obvious. I took a slow-mo video of my plunge and it starts out left and then comes back center at the metal fork. But there is no rattle in the orbit.

A8C2CADD-FF53-4B92-8A4F-1A0435574C4E (resized).jpegA8C2CADD-FF53-4B92-8A4F-1A0435574C4E (resized).jpeg
#14784 12 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Great mode, but to me , Gappa is still the best mode in pinball. Really gets my heart pumping, and I cannot get past 4 locks!!!!

It took me 3 years to lock all the balls for Gappa Angry and then complete the mode. I’m just an average player, I’d say. I’m glad there is still so much code in this game I’ve never seen! Plus, my game updated last night while it was on. I guess there was a code update on 4/20. Not sure what the changes are.

#14895 11 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

~500 plays and mine has NEVER missed the targets. No lie. I'm glad I don't have to mess with it.

Same here, since I repositioned my VUK under the pf, it shoots the ball directly into the 3 stand ups, usually the one furthest from the flippers. I’ve been so lucky w it.

#14932 11 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I’ve been contemplating getting the eyeball shooter rod from Scared Stiff I see on the marketplace. Anyone put one on their HoH?

Yep, I have one on my EHoH. Mine is the floating eye in fluid, with color-changing led inside. Activates with a plunge. Cool effect!

85A8686F-0FBA-4174-B492-82D99E6B55FA (resized).png85A8686F-0FBA-4174-B492-82D99E6B55FA (resized).png
#14943 11 months ago

Elvira’s Garage of Horrors, featuring our lazy Golden. Just because he’s almost 10 and recently had knee surgery!

B501281D-3386-41EF-B336-56C675709E18 (resized).jpegB501281D-3386-41EF-B336-56C675709E18 (resized).jpeg
#14963 11 months ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Is there a list of areas that need protection out of the box?

I installed metal Cliffy protectors on both sides of the shooter lane, and behind the little drop target under the front left of the house. No other risky areas of wear I’ve observed, and I’m in my 4th year with my example.

EA5D1B8C-950C-44AD-9158-FE9EAF8C4A81 (resized).jpegEA5D1B8C-950C-44AD-9158-FE9EAF8C4A81 (resized).jpeg

BD862DBB-8A36-410F-86F8-FEF1379A5E7C (resized).pngBD862DBB-8A36-410F-86F8-FEF1379A5E7C (resized).png
4 weeks later
#15156 10 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

How much for this topper Stern?
[quoted image]

Awesome photo!!!

#15170 10 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Finally got caught up on preorders for Elvira House of Horrors apron video screen mod. Now have a few in available on my pinside shop.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

I have one on my EHoH, it’s an awesome mod!

#15183 10 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

13 plays and this happens….[quoted image]

You need GarGlue

2 weeks later
#15277 9 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone have an issue where the backdoor skill shot is wayyyyy too easy to hit? Manual or auto plunge doesn’t matter. It goes in the backdoor about 95% of the time.
I know it’s the “un-skilled shot” but come on now.

Wow, that’s surprising. It must have to do with the mechanism back there, because my backdoor skill shot is SUPER hard to get just right. If you have the slightest extra power, it will roll past the back door and down the left orbit. I’ve got the touch just right, so I’m about 50/50 now, but most players miss it every time. I wonder if a photo comparison of your scoop and mine would show an obvious difference.

#15280 9 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I had a game the other day where EVERY shot to the left loop landed the ball into the back door. Regardless of speed. Can't understand how it is even possible.

Certain shots to the left orbit I believe are supposed to enter the back door. I’m lucky enough to never have issues back there, so I don’t know if it’s a gate or diverter or what. But the left orbit does end up in the house often. The skill shot from the plunge is another matter. Mine must be just right, a half-plunge with only the fingertips, with no breeze or vibration from any other games. Or no dice.

#15285 9 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There's no gate or diverter to direct the ball from the left orbit into the back door. It can just happen sometimes depending on the usual factors (speed, spin, angle of the shot, level & pitch of the machine, etc.).

Oh, gotcha. Mine tends to end up in the back door with left orbit shots too. From the right it’s tricky!

1 week later
#15310 9 months ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

In the club
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow. Now THAT is a custom paint job. Congrats!

3 weeks later
#15453 8 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Beast Booster comes to mind as something that I wish was more than just 1 shot in Teenagers From Outer Space

I agree with you that Beast Booster has potential for far more involvement. I was expecting an actual digital meter displayed on the lcd, which would build until you could use the lock bar button to complete a mode, or defeat a creature or something. Spinners can be as fun as any feature or mech in a game, I feel. If they have meaningful rules and interaction (lights, sounds). It’s one big reason I love playing Space Shuttle, that spinner is such a blast to rip with increasing multiplier values. Spinners are sometimes underutilized. But ehoh is a modern classic as it is.

#15469 8 months ago

New billboard. That won’t help her sell the house! Need a permanent power source if I keep it.

IMG_3511 (resized).jpegIMG_3511 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3508 (resized).jpegIMG_3508 (resized).jpeg

#15471 8 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

That's a cool billboard, where'd you get it?
Prolly need this if you have that
https://www.kimballspinballs.com/elvira-house-of-horrors-deep-end/[quoted image]

Michael’s craft store. $20.

IMG_3584 (resized).jpegIMG_3584 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#15549 8 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

While that may be true, it sounded as if the poster was expecting an extra ball for reaching a certain score level. They should know that option is available to them.

Agree. I like an extra ball at 500m. I’m good at starting modes and deadheads but I don’t concentrate enough to finish them usually. So I get halfway thru the house and start Gappa Angry on most decent games, but without the 500m ball I have set, I don’t see extra balls much. I’m not a great player either and have yet to sell the house. But I do love me some ehoh!

#15593 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Interesting. So I wonder if that means Stern's quality control has diminished through the years? I don't know their build/test process. Does anyone know if they even test every pin after build? Do they even have a quality control process? Based on what you said, they might have in the past but not anymore.

If you take the Stern factory tour during Expo, you get to see the lines and the different departments and processes they have. They definitely have a QC process, and most NIB pins I’ve unboxed had a couple plays on them. I think they run through some basic shots and look for obvious flaws. They also have examples set up at Stern and no doubt their team are playing them. They surely know what’s going on with these. My guess is there are simply so many components to assemble, even a seemingly trivial deviation on the line could result in a problem for many machines. The people on the line who assembled the 2019 machines are probably not the same people on the 2023 run. That, and even the line itself could have been reworked in 4 years. Add in the possibility of supply issues resulting in slightly different components, and you could get different results. I haven’t seen Stern issue any statement about why this run was a problem, but it seems common knowledge in the pinball community that it is. I hope everyone gets there ‘23 models dialed in. I was lucky with my 2019 model. I repositioned my VUK, and it’s been otherwise great.

1 week later
#15673 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

I'd have better luck hunting big foot with a pop gun.

There he is! I took this picture up north last weekend at Houghton Lake. What is it? He had a foot 37 inches heel to toe. Made a sound I would not want to hear twice in my life.

IMG_7325 (resized).jpegIMG_7325 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#15777 6 months ago
Quoted from FullTilt83:

This is going to sound lame, but is there an alternate, less-voluptuous translite available for this machine?
I want to pick an Elvira HoH Premium, but I have a young child and don't want to expose him to Elvira's chest.

Another option is to choose a JPEG image you like and have a custom translite made for you by GameOnGraffix. It’s around $50, but it’s an option. You could simply place something over that area of the artwork too. I think some people have placed some black paper or decal on Elvira to make her dress less revealing. I think even if the translite issue is resolved, there is still some video content you can’t easily avoid. I have a 4-year-old who just ignores her anyway, for now.

#15778 6 months ago
Quoted from FullTilt83:

I have no doubt he’ll be into goth girls later.

Smart kid. Stick with them or nerdy girls. I married one, I know. It’s the cheerleaders or selfie addicts who are obsessed with the perfect duck-lip pout you gotta beware of. Nothing but trouble. Lol.

2 weeks later
#15837 6 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I was thinking the same thing, maybe I'll try bending it a little. Thanks for checking!

Congrats and welcome! Yeah, what FlopTube said. The curved edge of the protector isn’t positioned over the front edge of your ramp. Try tightening after repositioning. If it’s still coming loose, add a nylon lock nut.

#15857 6 months ago

Is this the new Friday 13th edition?

I’m clearly not skilled with cut/paste!

IMG_3168 (resized).jpegIMG_3168 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#16030 6 months ago
Quoted from dendew:

Changing gears here…I’m looking at adding another pin to my collection and Elvira is near the top of my list. I’m looking at used btw but am being overly worried about the repair issues this machine seems to have? Just seems like this game has more fix-it issues than most? Thx for any feedback.

If you are looking at a lightly used example, many reputable people have already dialed in theirs. Prices came down on this title considerably this year with more examples produced. Good time to try owning one. I’ve had mine since early 2020, mine is an early run (Nov ‘19). Very reliable for me. It’s still a favorite going on 4 years.

#16090 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hopefully we are all around to see more amazing things.

Amazing things to see everyday! Just look at these incredible machines we are all so lucky to have. Each one is a collaborative work of art. Ehoh is a beautiful pin!

#16141 5 months ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

This arrived today now I just need a game to put it on
[quoted image]

Great topper, and I’m not a topper guy. Great pin too, you’ll find one at a good price. With Stern making more this year, and the chilly market, prices have come down. It’s a good time to grab one!

#16325 5 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Absolutely great mod! if you want two screens, I recommend relocating your QR code reader to the coin door with one of my kits.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount[quoted image]

Great kits. Gotfrogs door scan re-locator kit is fantastic and the docquest apron lcd mods are awesome. I relocated mine and added the apron mod without any problems. Both excellent upgrades!

1 week later
#16596 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t remember seeing this before. Brilliant! The simplest “fix the VUK” solution.

A very wise VUK fix. I did the one where you physically reposition the VUK itself. Fortunately it worked great, and mine shoots the standups reliably ever since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.