IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peanuts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#365 4 years ago

I'm in, I have an LE on order.

#377 4 years ago

I have found the missing Deadheads via Pinball Browser. Do you want to see them?

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Not sure I want to see them yet, but can you confirm there are 12 of them?

I have found 9 more deadheads than the 4 known ones. Perhaps one of them as been cancelled from the game or is a mini-wirard...

1 week later
#562 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I've seen several people post about the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. I didn't design it that way but I wouldn't worry about it stressing the motor, the gargoyle is very light. However, if it causes the ramp to hang up then that's a problem. I won't get my game for a while, but I will probably trim the ramp so it misses the gargoyle.

Dennis, thank you for your passionated work and the perseverance to revive the Elvira licence in the pinball world. I'm not yet in possession of the LE I've ordered but I'm very confident that it will pleased me a lot, notability the tight wild market value shot which isn't coded yet.

2 weeks later
#868 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

New game play video is up.

I'll watch it as soon as I'm back to home! Thanks.

#910 4 years ago

Anyone knows who composed the original tracks of the machine? There's some great tracks, and a large variety! Some tracks added in the 0.87 version might have been composed by Ken Hale, but it's only a supposition made by comparison with the JP tracks...

#912 4 years ago

While waiting for the delivery of my machine:

20191124_121132 (resized).jpg20191124_121132 (resized).jpg
#980 4 years ago

My distro has finally received my machine today (the one on the right) :
77383789_2561934457254927_6256709482647126016_o (resized).jpg77383789_2561934457254927_6256709482647126016_o (resized).jpg

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Phillyaudio:

Elvira #390 in the house since yesterday.

1000th post, the owner's club keeps growing.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

That's what she said!

She should be happy with that

#1048 4 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – DECEMBER 2019:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.87.0). This code contains bug fixes, additional polish and game enhancements that will significantly improve the gameplay and reliability of your game. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from legui:

Hi all,
Just finished unboxing.
Serial: E297363
#036/400
Anti airball plastic installed.
Now it's time to update code and play!
Unpleasant dream...
[quoted image]

Great! What is your manufacturing date?

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Take your house off and look for the additional piece of metal seen in this picture, the black oval My game did not have this piece. Contact Chaz if you do not.[quoted image]

Great tip, what was the manufacturing date of your machine?

1 week later
#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Notes on install of my playfield protector. Thanks to tips from those that have done it.
Took off roof of crypt and removed wood screw holding it down
Removed left metal ramp entrance and both parts of left plastic ramp
Removed right ramp
Disconnected ramp wiring (optos/flashers)
Removed gate at top of shooter lane by right inlane (did not remove opto spinner by crypt)
Removed flippers
Removed house (but did not disconnect from below)
- Remove turret screw and turret top (eye goes front)
- Remove 2 screws on roof by chimneys; remove roof.
- Use a magnetic 9" 1/4" nut driver to remove 4 wood screws the house down through the top of the house. Lift house up and set it on its side on top of the pop bumpers.
Removed sling and lane guide plastics and sling rubbers (not critical, but made fitting much easier)
Checked fit of protector.
Cleaned the playfield with Novus 1.
Cut the protector at the middle of the top.
Took film off back of protector.
Cleaned back of protector with Novus 1
Took film off top of protector rather than fitting it first (because of piece that goes under cellar ramp)
Fitted protector.
Cleaned top of protector with Novus 1
Reverse above steps.
A few notes -
In order to install the protector without cutting it would require removing both the house and house ramp assemblies. I really didn’t think removing the ramp assembly was a good idea so decided to cut the protector (at middle top) and take out a small sliver as others have done. That was the only cut needed in the protector. Unlike another poster the outer return lane by the left sling did not have to be trimmed. Some of the switch cutouts could have fit a little better but none prevented from proper switch operation.
Instead of removing the spinner assembly just bent/maneuvered the protector down the left side and underneath. Take care not to scratch the top side of the protector when you do this as it’s a very tight fit.
There is a small overlap of the protector over the trough entrance but it doesn’t look like an issue. Can cut it if you like as it’s hidden under the apron.
While you are doing this, consider installing sling and inlane plastic protectors and/or boney flippers. I decided against the boney flippers for now because the bare white looks too stark against the playfield. Will probably go with the boney flippers after painting them to look distressed/weathered and with accents that pick up the green of the swan. I did go with purple flipper rubbers though (and replaced the Stern coil stops).
When you are done, enjoy the glossy look of your protected playfield and don’t wince every time the VUK shoots the ball across the playfield!
I don’t want to get into a debate about using playfield protectors, but after putting on on Batman 66 and now Elvira HOH I’m going to put them on any future game I buy NIB unless the quality of the playfield wood, paint and clear coat returns to what we used to see. IMO, very cheap insurance for a new playfield with no impact to game play (or I’m not a good enough player to notice any).
Total time was a little over an hour but probably would be much faster if you have experience tasking off the ramps and the house.

Dear JFH, do you have some wet spots under playfield protector? Does the Novus 1 cleaning prevented them from appearing?

Thank you for all your explanations. Now, I see what I have to do.

#1253 4 years ago

I have watched the EHOH's launch party at Logan Arcade stream this weekend. They played on game code 0.88.1.

There are some changes that I have noticed:
-6 more scores on the score table:
Drive me Crazy Champion
Gar-Goils Gone Wild Champion
Wild Women Multiball Champion
Add-a-Zombie Multiball Champion
Attic-Attack Multiball Champion
Trunk Multiball Champion
-One more Deadhead (Sunny Beach Head)
-The crypt kicker power seems to be set higher (ball hit the trunk or its targets everytime)

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

All honesty that's a terrible topper. I seen the other topper of a fellow pinsider wanted to do and its 10x better than sterns (it's similar) but its homemade basicly and better. I'll pass on this and I'm pretty sure alot of others agree

Perhaps, but let's see it in action, it could reserve some good lighting and moves surprises.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Does anyone know what HSTD stands for. Can't figure it out. Just curious is all... I think I'm going to update and wax my game today. Good time to wax it while I wait for the file to download and then wait for it to actually update.

It's Highest Score To Date.

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

does anyone have updates for 0.84, and 0.85?

Yep

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

can you please share it somewhere? noticed i dont have those two, thought i had them all...

Ok, I upload them on my drive and contact you by PM tomorrow.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

New code is a great improvement. Does anyone know why the switch by the bumpers doesn’t do anything? Have they mentioned what they have in store for this?

I think that's the wild value market target, not coded yet:

20191224_235136 (resized).jpg20191224_235136 (resized).jpg
#1356 4 years ago

In version 0.89 there's a new entry in the HSTD table: "Giant Gila Champion", so, a new haunt mode is coming to get you soon.

Glad to see that a new batch of movies is about to be integrated in the code.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a stream of the latest code? Trying to get a good idea of how the game is shaping up, prices are mental here in the U.K. buying completely blind just isn’t an option anymore.

I think that the most recent one is the stream from Jack Danger on Twitch with the beta version 0.88.1 : https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/videos

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Question about the crypt.
After collecting 3 deadheads (so crypt cleaner phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 lights are on)
my crypt goes into "open" position and the green light flashes, but no matter how many times I shoot in that hole,
nothing happens, it just kicks my ball out again.
Or is that not coded yet? I'm running the new 0,89 code

It was like that on version beta 0.88.1 for Jack Danger last week, so, seems normal for now.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I know that the rotating turret is going to be used in the Wizard mode somehow but does anyone think it’s likely that it will also be used to “load” a set of haunts for each face (i.e. the eye loads 6 haunts, the bat loads another 6, etc)?
I was wondering how we were going to see more movies than we can see now (and also mindful that may be a lot more work than Lyman’s planning with the code).

I think, but time will tell, that at least 3 faces will be used for 6 + 1 haunts each. The last face could be a wizard mode...

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Get Stern to replace them. You had/have the bad version of the house plastic. It should look like this:[quoted image]

It's out of stock for now, that's what said the tech support...without ETA

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m an owner that now has all three Elvira games and I think this one complements the other two very nicely and it seems that it will be a long term keeper.
Going by the poll, this is the first Elvira pin for almost 1/2 of the owners. I’m curious what drew you to EHOH as your first Elvira game. And, now that you have it, are you interested/likely to get an EATPM or Scared Stiff to go with it?

I'd love to get an EATPM, it's one of my favorite looking machine.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So I just played the heck out of the newest update. Really liking the code so far, but I don't want to talk about the code or strats in this post.
Rather I was just thinking about how we're still a good ways away from 1.0 and what do you guys think we might be seeing in the coming updates?
So we know there are a lot of movies that were advertised to be in the game that have yet to be in the game.
The most glaring example currently I think is the Wasp Woman movie, mainly because she's on the backglass of the game. It took St. Nick awhile to get into the game, but he's one of my favorite modes. The movie might stink, but man I really dig those clips, and that retro robot!!! Also, I like santa confusing Nixon with a reindeer.
I really want to know how The Satanic Rights of Dracula will be used as I'm a huge Cushing/Lee fan. That movie while not the best is always entertaining(I've seen it like 6-7 times).
We do know there is a hurryup target that needs to be worked in, and also we do know that they haven't finished the house completion wizard mode yet, nor have they coded the crypt cleaner yet, nor directors cut.
The one thing that is coming along nicely I think is the Dead Heads. I would like their behavior to be modified slightly. I think they need to do an attract mode type thing to where if you ignorre them for awhile they are like... Hey buddy I'm still here! Or something along those lines.
But, its nice to finally have a proper selection of them. I forget how many they claimed there will be. But, at least now I don't always get Aunt Surly.
Not a big fan of Denis Leary Dead Head though. But, some of his callouts are funny.
I think my favorite is Uncle Bonehead and Mummy Dearest(callouts of the mummy are the best!).

It also misses the atomic raygun integration with the action button and the phone a fiend/phone a thon multiball.

I also think that the following freak fryer features are missing for now:
Pool party
Dance fever
Make-out mayhem
Scream test
Run for your life!

Chuck Ernst announced 15 Deadheads in the Flip'n'Out Pinball stream 3 weeks ago.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I dread the day the code gets to 1.0 as I love getting updates!

Will it be feature complete at 1.0? I doubt about it,
unless we have less frequent updates, so more consistent ones in the future.

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Unboxing Elvira with friends... Bummer, wouldn't start properly, so update done. Nothing... Game is bought here in Belgium with proper importer... What is going on?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have a 60hz node board. It's seems that you need a replacement board for Europe...

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Do you guys have 2 utp-cables or three?[quoted image]

2 here. The third connector is perhaps for topper.

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Someone calculate the odds of this...ball stuck perfectly on top of the gargoyle. No cheating, regular novice player. Unreal![quoted image]

It should grant a skill shot!

#1528 4 years ago

Single drop Cliffy protector on the Crypt entrance perfectly fits:
20200105_215532 (resized).jpg20200105_215532 (resized).jpg

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is that a stock Cliffy or a special one for Elvira?

It's a stock Cliffy.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

which cliffy is this? want to make sure i understand which was used. is this specific for 3lvira?

It's a standard Cliffy single drop protector:

20200108_075804 (resized).jpg20200108_075804 (resized).jpg
#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

think that clown is gonna be one of the deadheads...
I like it either way.

The shooter knob is the head of "Creepo the clown", one of the deadheads, also seen in the car in the "Drive me crazy" event and on the playfield, in the orbits.

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Eerily quiet in here lately. Just got my premium armor back from being powder coated in Illusion Cherry, really like the look on this game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great! It seems pretty similar to the LE.

#1558 4 years ago

I continue with the Cliffies.

Standard single drop protector on the cellar scoop:

20200112_230751 (resized).jpg20200112_230751 (resized).jpg
#1559 4 years ago

And a Star Trek Next Generation Mission protector on garage drop target:
20200112_230758 (resized).jpg20200112_230758 (resized).jpg

#1561 4 years ago

Standard outhole drain protector:

20200113_084014 (resized).jpg20200113_084014 (resized).jpg
#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

LOL, back to playing!
.[quoted image]

Seems to be a pretty solid upgrade!

1 week later
#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned ! New code will rectify the above mentioned issues plus add in many new features .

Inside infos?

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I cat make the backdoor skill shot is there a piece that some have added to correct this?
Thanks

That's right, but the kit is out of stock at Stern. I wait for it for 40 days.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Is this metal piece included on the later run games, like the premiums or is it hit or miss on having on the game?

I think that most of the premiums have it.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Any idea on next code update?

In the Stern of the Union Address of January, they said: "Be on the lookout for a new code update soon."

I hope it imminent.

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I wonder if we get some new code this week, has been five weeks since last update.

Fingers crossed

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Back on December 10, I had E-mailed Stern about the metal guide that goes under the house to assist with the BDUS to which Pablo responded. I got a notification from UPS today that I was receiving a package from Stern. Hopefully that is it. Unless they're sending me something else out of the blue for no money.

Ordered mine on december 10 also. Still waiting for shipping notification. Pablo doesn't have any ETA for me.

#1777 4 years ago

Tired of waiting for the kit from Stern. Did the mod myself with a cutter. Easy fix.
20200202_105554 (resized).jpg20200202_105554 (resized).jpg

#1807 4 years ago

Clear Titan rings with purple Super-Bands flippers and posts.
20200203_203102 (resized).jpg20200203_203102 (resized).jpg20200203_205213 (resized).jpg20200203_205213 (resized).jpg

#1815 4 years ago

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS FEBRUARY 2020:

https://sternpinball.com/2020/02/04/stern-of-the-union-address-february-2020/

Status of Code:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.89.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update this month.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. Isn't that exactly what it said in January's?

Nearly. In january they wrote "Be on the lookout for a new code update soon."

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Back on December 10, I had E-mailed Stern about the metal guide that goes under the house to assist with the BDUS to which Pablo responded. I got a notification from UPS today that I was receiving a package from Stern. Hopefully that is it. Unless they're sending me something else out of the blue for no money.

Dear @SKWilson, have you received your kit?

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yes. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I think I'm going to do a live install on YouTube here in a little bit. They included some pretty vague instructions.

Great for the upcoming video. I've received a UPS notification too, I think that's it.

#1891 4 years ago

Hooray for Lyman! It's a freaking great update!

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

I was watching a video of someone playing the new code and he mentioned he put in guide rails to help with the backdoor skill shot.
Where can you get those? Are they easy to install/remove?

You have to ask to Stern ([email protected]).
The house needs to be removed (6 screws and a few connectors). It could be done under an hour.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Is this more than the one piece that was missing?

The kit contains these two guides (picture courtesy @SKWilson) replacing the two existing ones.
9825d50cd69ab0a75690b6b36eca7c0b13330dbd (resized).jpg9825d50cd69ab0a75690b6b36eca7c0b13330dbd (resized).jpg

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I got my replacement ball guides but only pages 5-6 of the I instructions. Can someone post the complete set?

I only have page 7 on my side, so we can share to complete!
20200208_174906 (resized).jpg20200208_174906 (resized).jpg

#1950 4 years ago

They have created a community enigma. It's brillant.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Here is page 5 and 6. Anyone have the remaining pages. Seven has been posted earlier.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, here is a proper shot of page 7:

img007 (resized).jpgimg007 (resized).jpg
#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

When raising the plafield I noticed a loose spring. Any thoughts where to attach it ?[quoted image]

It seems to be the spring of the house ramp. It should be attached to the side of the guide:

20200209_184220 (resized).jpg20200209_184220 (resized).jpg
#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

New code!!
V0.91.0 - Feb. 11, 2020
=======================
- Added more blinking lights to the attract mode.
- Removed vulgar swearing from the deadhead speech. These will be added
back in the next release with a setting to disable/bleep them out.
- Lowered the priority for POOL PARTY so the background would not be higher
than most of the rest of the non-multiball game features.
- Added color to the TOP LANES alligator text (yellow, to match the color
of the TOP LANES inserts).
- Added additional inner tube colors (yellow/green/lime, red/green/orange)
to the alligator animation for completing the TOP LANES.
- Reworked the display effect (alligator animation) for completing the
TOP LANES such that it could run in parallel with other foreground
effects.
- Disabled the Haunt-O-Meter for the SANTA CLAUS haunt due to it causing
the game to reset. The Haunt-O-Meter will be re-enabled in a future
release once the fix for it is tested some more.
- Fixed an issue with initializing the "SCREAM" shot for scream test.
Occasionally, the shot that was picked would not be one of the shots that
was available. When this happened and the 4 jackpot shots were collected,
none of the jackpot shots would re-light. This has been corrected.
- The FREAK FRYER light for POOL PARTY, DANCE FEVER, MAKE-OUT MAYHEM,
SCREAM TEST, and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE now blinks when the mode is running.
- Reworked the GAPPA ANGRY start lamp effect to only show the shots and
levels that remain (i.e. if the mode is started a second time with saved
progress, the levels that had already been achieved will not be shown
in the lamp effect).
- The TRUNK, the HOUSE RAMP DIVERTER, and the CRYPT are now open during
MAKE-OUT MAYHEM.
- Reworked the ball locking logic for GAPPA ANGRY. The mode now keeps
track of the physical locks and does its best to not unlock balls that
were not physically locked during the mode.
- Tilting during GAPPA ANGRY with balls locked (who would do this?!) now
only unlocks the balls that were physically locked during the mode, as
opposed to releasing all of the locked balls from all of the devices.
(For example, if there were already two balls locked in the garage at
the start of GAPPA ANGRY and the player made it past the second stage,
do not release a ball from the garage lock when tilted.)
- Replaced the BACK DOOR skill shot speech.
- Fixed an issue with the third HAND OF FATE wheel where the awards
would not be marked correctly for removal from the wheel when they
were selected.

Really nice hotfix for the previous version.

I like the alligator animation a lot, I have to test this refined version. It's a great idea to include and animate Greg's artworks from the playfield on the LCD. Moreover it's not too intrusive with the others contents. I think that a little alligator cry sound could be a fun touch for this animation. Some other characters/parts could have the same transposition on screen, I would be happy.

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

What? Like colorful, splashing inner tubes that represent pop bumper hits?

No, they were too...omnipresent

There are so much great characters on the backglass that could do small animated intrusions on the screen (the manster, torgo, eegah, gappa...).

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Where is Eegah featured in the game? Feel like I haven't seen it at all yet.

It's only in the settings for now, you can see the HSTD for eegah.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm pretty sure we've determined it is limited to the earlier LEs. SEs and Premiums, and even some late LEs, should have had the updated guides installed at the factory.

Mine has been built on 10/14/2019 and didn't have the updated guides. Perhaps late October machines have them.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Did any one else see the Stern doped new side armor for our Elviras today!!!
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-side-armor

Great :

Elvira-Printed_Armor_021320_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).pngElvira-Printed_Armor_021320_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png
1 week later
#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

God this game is epic. Does anyone know what the turret is going to do? If each turn brings in all new movies for the windows this game is a 10. Is that the plan with the turret? Please Lyman?? Pretty please???

We all have fingers crossed for that. With 26 movies in Elvira's Coffin Collection, and only 6+1 windows on the manor, the turret should have a role in the movie selection.

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And I really do hope they add a match to the end of this game. I really still stand by my belief that it should be Elvira waving and saying unpleasant dreams. and then them zooming out of her the doors closing and then we see the house.
I hope this happens. Yes, it'll add to the game time. But, totally worth watching.

I also hope the the actual match screen is a placeholder.

#2140 4 years ago

My distributor gave me this gate along with the two updated guides. It's identical to the one found in the right orbit. Anyone had this also? There's no instruction and I don't really know where it's supposed to go.

20200222_215016 (resized).jpg20200222_215016 (resized).jpg
#2179 4 years ago

Thank you Sir Sheats:

V0.92.0 - Feb. 27, 2020
=======================

- Added a high score for TRAILER TRASH.
- Added team member initials/names for default initials for high score
to date.
- Added a lamp effect for a loop shot during GARGOYLES GONE WILD.
- Added a lamp effect for completing the gargoyles during GARGOYLES GONE
WILD.
- Added a lamp effect for the start of GARGOYLES GONE WILD.
- Added a lamp effect for the HAND OF FATE wheel award.
- Dimmed the G.I. lights during HAND OF FATE wheel select.
- Reorganized the priorities of the background display and music for the
following modes:
- HAUNTS (HOUSE MODES)
- GARGOYLES GONE WILD
- DRIVE ME CRAZY
- HAPPY HOUR
The most recent mode started will be the one with its display/music
active.
- Improved the lamp effects for HOUSE PARTY start, jackpot, and super
jackpot.
- HOUSE PARTY is now started with the GARAGE shot lit instead of the HOUSE
RAMP. When shots are re-lit after collecting a super jackpot, the GARAGE
shot is also re-lit (if necessary).
- Added instructions/text to the background for HOUSE PARTY.
- Reworked HOUSE PARTY start video to transition more smoothly to the
background.
- Marked up the "SHOUT" song during HOUSE PARTY so the video and lights
can be synced with the music. Lights on the house will flash bright and
house dancing left/right videos will be played in sync with "SHOUT" in
the music.
- Added character animations for a jackpot during HOUSE PARTY (gargoyles,
boogie men).
- Added TURRET light and spinning TURRET to HOUSE PARTY. The TURRET will
spin when the super jackpot is lit.
- Implemented ADD-A-BALL during HOUSE PARTY for the TURRET when the EYEBALL
WINDOW is facing the player (adjustable, current MAX = 1 add-a-ball).
- Added sounds for switch transitions for the TURRET opto switches during
TURRET test.
- Added speech and a new video clip for tilting during GAPPA ANGRY.
- Added an award for sneaking into the TRUNK LOCK during GAPPA ANGRY when
there is already a ball locked there. All jackpots are collected and
the lock for the current level is awarded.
- Added an award for the BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT during GAPPA ANGRY. One
jackpot is awarded.
- Improved the ball serve sequencing during GAPPA ANGRY. The ball is now
served after the BALL LOCKED text has finished and immediately before the
video plays.
- The Haunt-O-Meter has been re-enabled for SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE
MARTIANS.
- Fixed an issue with SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS where the image
chosen for the Haunt-O-Meter was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue with SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS where occasionally
the second stage background videos wouldn't play when they should.
- SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS now shows the final jackpot value
during the second stage.
- Added a lamp effect for EXTRA BALL.
- Moved the EXTRA BALL text down in the display effect so more of the
animation can be seen.
- Added a lamp effect for EXTRA BALL LIT.
- Added a lamp effect for MATCH.
- Added additional award sounds for POOL PARTY, DANCE FEVER, MAKE-OUT
MAYHEM, SCREAM TEST, and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
- Added additional video clips to DANCE FEVER (these are mostly from THE
WILD WOMEN OF WONGO).
- Added bats to the beginning and end of the videos for the start of ATTIC
ATTACK.
- Fixed an issue with the speech at the start of ATTIC ATTACK (did not
line up correctly).

#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Greg Freres (sp?) worked super hard on this game.
Maybe more so than Dennis?
I don't know, I'm just a programmer...
I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

Your work, meticulous, iterative, passionate, relentless on this pinball fascinates me.

Thank you.

1 week later
#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I am looking for the name of the red colour that is on the LE models, anyone would know the name of it by any chance?
Thanks.

The feature matrix says "metallic horror red dripping blood". I don't know if it would help.

3 weeks later
#2549 4 years ago

Yes!!

V0.93.0 - Mar. 26, 2020
========================

- The lockdown button lamp was not blinking when credit(s) were added and
a game could be started. This has been corrected.
- Added a HIGH SCORE table for GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL.
- Do not allow flipper abort for DIRECTOR'S CUT when it is awarding points.
- Lowered lamp effect priorities for CRYPT, HAPPY HOUR, DRIVE ME CRAZY,
and GARGOYLES so they would not interfere with the HAUNTS.
- Added lights to the background lamp effect for ADD-A-ZOMBIE MULTIBALL
to show that the GARAGE shot adds a zombie.
- Increased THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON combo scoring.
- The timer for the HAUNTS are now paused for a brief period immediately
after the HAUNT is started (from either the BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT or the
HOUSE LOCK).
- The timer for GAR-GOILS GONE WILD was not being restarted when a loop
shot was made. This has been corrected.
- When any TIMERS are restarted, the intermediate state is now reset so
the timer starts counting down for a full second instead of a partial
one.
- Reworked the timer restart logic for GAR-GOILS GONE WILD so it resets
the timer to 15 seconds (adjustable) if the current value of the timer
is less than 15 seconds (adjustable). Previously, 30 seconds would be
added, to a maximum of 45 seconds.
- Added more sounds and lamp effects for ADD-A-ZOMBIE MULTIBALL.
- Increased the scores for TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE and TRUNK MULTIBALL.
- Added HIGH SCORE tables for the FREAK FRYER MODES:
- POOL PARTY
- DANCE FEVER
- MAKE-OUT MAYHEM
- SCREAM TEST
- RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
- Improved the lamp effects for WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL jackpot/super jackpot.
- Fixed a bug in the Haunt-O-Meter that was causing certain frames to loop
forever when added.
- Improved the lamp effect for GAPPA ANGRY ball locked.
- Shortened the alligator clips for WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL super jackpot.
- Excluded the GARAGE MULTIBALL lights and the LOCKED 1 & 2 lights from
the BALL LOCKED lamp effect so the player can see what is going on.
- Changed the scoring for ADD-A-ZOMBIE multiball. The jackpot values are
now added to the value of the super jackpot.
- Changed the scoring for WILD WOMEN multiball. The jackpot values that
are scored are now added to the value of the super jackpot.
- Increased the scoring for TRUNK multiball. The target and jackpot values
are boosted for each super jackpot collected.
- Added GILA MONSTER HAUNT to the SECRET ROOM. This is available when a
SKELETON KEY has been collected. The SANTA CLAUS haunt is available when
two SKELETON KEYS have been collected. When more than one HAUNT is
available in the SECRET ROOM, the HAUNT is chosen randomly.
- Cleaned up the video clips for ADD-A-ZOMBIE multiball. Added new sound
effects.
- Reworked BALL SEARCH for the TURRET MOTOR so it doesn't take so long.
- Cleaned up THE MANSTER haunt. Added new video clips, sound effects, and
speech.
- The BALL SAVE for the CRYPT VUK kick is no longer activated when the coil
is fired for BALL SEARCH.
- HOUSE PARTY was not resurrecting itself when ADD-A-BALL was awarded
from the TURRET (eyeball) during the grace period. This has been
corrected.
- Cleaned up sounds and speech for THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE HAUNT.
- Fixed an issue where the DORIS clip would not play when the DORIS shot
was made during THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE HAUNT.
- Reowrked HAUNT scoring so the values always go up for each shot made.
- Reworked HAUNT scoring to include a final shot value that is collected
when the final shot is made to finish the HAUNT.
- Improved the load time for the Haunt-O-Meter so there isn't such a long
pause when it is first displayed during a HAUNT.
- Added Haunt-O-Meter frames for THE MANSTER haunt.
- Added scoring for all switches for THE MANSTER haunt. This value
increases for each shot made during the HAUNT.
- Fixed an issue with calculating the number of Haunt-O-Meter frames for
TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE.
- Added Haunt-O-Meter for MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE.
- Added more clips of wives attacking Torgo in MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE.
- Fixed an issue with the final shot during MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE where
the scene wouldn't play through to the end.
- Added new sounds/speech for MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE.
- Added new sounds for TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE.
- Added some growling/screaming sounds to THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON.
- Added Haunt-O-Meter for THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON.
- Cleaned up the attack scene clips for THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON.
- Added a new set of video clips to the first sequence for THE WEREWOLF
OF WASHINGTON (removal sale lady). This has a 15% chance of coming up
instead of the gas station lady.
- The HAND OF FATE CHAMPION was not being displayed in the attract mode.
This has been corrected.
- Timers were not being paused when the game was put into test mode. This
has been corrected.
- Added an adjustment and implementation for CHAOS KICK for the CRYPT
VUK. This helps clear the ball(s) from the VUK due to misalignment.
- Increased the priority for the HAUNTS to be higher than HAPPY HOUR,
DRIVE ME CRAZY, and GARGOYLES.

#2551 4 years ago

Stream of the 0.93 game code tonight on Deadflip's channel : https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is this Avail? Don’t see it.

Yes it is:

Screenshot_20200329-084401_Twitch (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200329-084401_Twitch (resized).jpg
#2582 4 years ago

The acronyms present in the adjustements settings menu could give us indications on the list of the movies modes that are probably in work in progress at the moment:

ABOB: A Bucket Of Blood (1959)
AOTGL: Attack Of The Giant Leeches (1959)
EEGAH: Eegah (1962)
MTHOF: Manos: The Hands Of Fate (1966)
NOTLD: Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
SCCTM: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (1964)
TBTWD: The Brain That Wouldn’t Die (1962)
TFOS: Teenagers From Outer Space (1959)
TGGM: The Giant Gila Monster (1959)
TKS: The Killer Shrews (1959)
TM: The Manster (1959)
TSROD: The Satanic Rites Of Dracula (1973)
TWOW: The Werewolf Of Washington (1973)

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

One of my lights is out and I'm about to make a Comet order. Is this going to be a regular 1SMD #44 bayonet? Shooter lane gi.[quoted image]

A dual chip frosted one: 112-5034-08F

1 week later
#2651 4 years ago

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – APRIL 2020 :

Status of Code:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.93.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#2717 4 years ago

Jack Danger will be streaming Elvira's House of Horrors tomorrow night.

The next update is perhaps pretty close.
15852844159299156679883846159667 (resized).jpg15852844159299156679883846159667 (resized).jpg

#2740 4 years ago

The Brain that Wouldn't Die haunt mode is now top notch in v0.94. I love everything in it, musics, scenes, sounds and callouts from the movie. It's very neat.

Something tells me that the next added haunt mode will be The Satanic Rites Of Dracula.

2 weeks later
#2919 3 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – MAY 2020:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.95.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Today, when I was browsing videos on .94 code by using PB (.94 version is now able to be opened with PB, but unfortunately sounds are empty, but videos are okay), I found video of spaceship coming and abducting Eyeball that was on the roof of Elvira's house. I also found more spaceship videos where spaceship abducts something
from Elvira's roof.
Does anybody know when is this animation used in gameplay?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not for now

#2995 3 years ago

Shaker motor is so good on intermediate setting in the latest version!

Sort of booty shake at start of House Party mode
Earthquake in Gappa Angry

I didn't noticed that before at minimum (default) setting on previous versions.

1 week later
#3194 3 years ago

New game code tonight?

#3203 3 years ago

Optional shooter rod is now available on Stern's online store: https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-shooter-rod
Elvira.Shooter_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgElvira.Shooter_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3501 3 years ago

From Stern of the union address:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.95.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code coming very soon.

#3621 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

So with latest update they've changed the color of the font to Purple and Red ,Couple had mentioned its harder to see. I wonder if its possible for them to change the border color of the font in the score box to match the two tone of the logo and leader boards.
For Premium instead of Black Border Red Text it would be Green and Red. and for LE instead of Black and Purple it would be green and purple.
I think it might make the scores more visible for the purple on purple ..
[quoted image]

I love the latest update but I also think that purple score on purple background on my LE isn't my favorite feature.

1 week later
#3784 3 years ago

New game code !

V0.97.0 - Jun. 25, 2020
=======================

- Improved the presentation of the lamps during TRUNK MULTIBALL. Mask
off left 3-bank, jackpot, RGB arrow and junk in the trunk lights during
big light effects.
- Implemented the RAY GUN for UN HAPPY HOUR and DRIVE ME CRAZY, these
were not implemented.
- Fixed a problem where TRAILER TRASH would award the full value instead
of the hurry-up (counted down) value.
- Added score font color editor that allows the user to set the colors
for the scores in the main UI (foreground and background).
(From the main diagnostics menu, navigate to UTIL -> GAME -> RGB and
edit the colors using the utility.)
- Cleaned up MATCH displays; eliminate dark shadows and improve lighting
behind the house windows.
- Implemented the FLASK (junk item); this increases the values for
anything that uses the JACKPOT lights and/or the JACKPOT display effect:
WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL
ADD-A-ZOMBIE MULTIBALL
ATTIC ATTACK MULTIBALL
TRUNK MULTIBALL
PHONE-A-FIEND
HOUSE PARTY
GAPPA ANGRY
DRIVE ME CRAZY
MAKE-OUT MAYHEM
SCREAM TEST
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL
- Added Elvira pop-ups for DIRECTOR'S CUT (that's a wrap) and (cut cut cut).
- The ENTER INITIALS display for HSTD was not rendering the right-most
character in the input alphabet when the user pressed the right flipper
button to scroll the characters to the left. This has been corrected.
- Sync thunder sounds with main-play display thunder/lightning when
the ball is in the shooter lane and the main-play display (house, for
sale sign with pumpkin) is running.
- Resequenced the HAUNT completion so the Elvira outro is sequenced first,
followed by the B-RESTORATOR level (which may light EXTRA BALL), followed
by TRAILER TRASH LIT.
- Added video clips and sounds for WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL total:
(Show parrot laughing/insulting if one shot or less. Show women behind
tree if the super jackpot is collected. Otherwise parrot squawking/women
in shrubs.)
- Edited down the video clips for DIRECTOR'S CUT (these were taking too
long). Moved the Elvira pop-ups for the level award (cut, print it) to
shortly after the start of the display effect (instead of the end).
- Elvira's 'cut print it' pop-up was being inhibited sometimes when
requested at the end of the level award during DIRECTOR'S CUT (and
sometimes it would not show up). It is now always requested and should
always show up.
- Hold up kickout of cellar lock during DRIECTOR'S CUT level award so
the player can see what is going on.
- Move the WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL SUPER JACKPOT shot around after each
shot is made so the player doesn't keep shooting the same SUPER JACKPOT
shot over and over.
- Added video clips from UNTAMED WOMEN (black & white) to the first part
of WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL. Moved video clips from THE WILD WOMEN OF WONGO
(color) to the last (super jackpot) part of WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL. (The
color clips from THE WILD WOMEN OF WONGO were the only clips used in the
previous version for all parts of the multiball.)
- Fixed an issue with the TRAILER TRASH hurry-up score where it would
count down and allow the player to collect a score that did not end in
a ZERO.
- Changed the score font in main UI that allows coloring of the outline.
- Fixed an issue in the main UI where the PLAYER UP message would flash
too quickly.
- Give out multiball jackpot awards from the CELLAR if the HOUSE ENTRANCE
RAMP is UP due to HAUNT taking priority.
- Implement THE DEAD RETURN ball save settings:
NONE
ADD TIME
MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE
- THE DEAD RETURN ball save setting set to NONE for COMPETITION mode.
- Fixed the shaker motor effect for the spaceship hitting the ground
during the start of the TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE mode (this is timed
much better).
- Adjusted the position and size of the timers during the ENTER INITIALS
display for HSTD so they do not overlap other elements.
- Added video clips/sounds for total pages: SCREAM TEST and RUN FOR YOUR
LIFE.
- Added new sounds for POOL PARTY (splashes).
- Added video clips/sounds for MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE total.
- Fix up ENTER INITIALS display for HSTD (title area) so it does not
overlap other graphical elements (looks bad). Vertically align/center
the text.

4 weeks later
#4179 3 years ago

I really love the thunder effect with lightshow in 0.98 on ball start.

Thanks Lyman!

#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I seem to recall 12 or 15 being the total number of deadheads..looks like this might be the full list if its 12
Uncle Bolt Head
Jar Head
Grampa Bone Head
Aunt Surely
Mommy Dearest
Frankie the SouthPaw
Sunny Beach Head
Double Header
Cousin Katrina
Undead Fred
Chowdah Head
Clown

There's also Sir Normus Cranium. The name of the clown is Creepo.

1 week later
#4385 3 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – AUGUST 2020:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.98.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

1 week later
#4484 3 years ago

New code!

V0.99.0 - Aug. 13, 2020
=======================

- Added driver/test/lamps/coil (in-game/attract) for the topper.
- Implemented final haunt (formerly Attic Party, now: THEY CAME FROM
SPACE).
- Added additional shaker motor effects (esp. HOUSE PARTY).
- Reprocessed ALL deadhead audio to trim excess trailing silence from
reverb.
- Moved the FLASK to a position (closer to the trunk) where it can be
seen (no longer blocked by the Haunt-O-Meter) and the value of the score
can be read.
- Only allow BACK DOOR SNEAK-IN on recent LEFT LOOP or no recent HOUSE
RAMP.
- BACK DOOR SNEAK-IN advances HAUNT when possible.
- Fixed a problem with the GAPPA ANGRY SNEAK-IN LOCK that displayed the
wrong text for the level award (i.e. 02).
- Added new speech to PHONE-A-FIEND.
- Added total page display to the (already very long) sequence when a
HAUNT is completed.
- Added a sound for alerting the player to fire the ball out of the
CRYPT VUK using the FIRE BUTTON. Added a sound when the lit target
changes.
- Increased the priority of TRUNK TARGETS lamp effect when the player
is firing the ball from the crypt such that if there is an overlap with
trunk multiball, the player will be able to see which targets to shoot
for.
- Hold up kickout for CRYPT during SUPER HEAD SHOT start and ball firing.

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I get the same thing quite often. I just assumed it was the playfield angle, but don't really know. Mine is at 7.5 degrees.

That was happening to me quite often at 7 degrees. I'm now at 6.6 and don't have this problem anymore.

2 weeks later
#4804 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

...Makes me wish they would release details on the Elvira topper.

The price of the Elvira topper has been raised from $599.00 to $999.00 on the Little Shop of Games website. I hope that's a typo :
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7105-00/

#4906 3 years ago

New game code expected this month. From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – SEPTEMBER 2020:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.99.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

1 month later
#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Reflash the card with Etcher and the .99 image if you have a card reader. Once your game is back up and running, you can try the update again.
Or wait until they update the image page to 1.0.

The 1.00 SD card image is up :
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/elvira3-1_00_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw.zip

2 weeks later
#5779 3 years ago

New Game Code!

V1.01.0 - Nov. 4, 2020
======================

- Added a light show (and shaker motor) to the camper landing sequence
when completing THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
- Boosted up the base value of the WILD MARKET VALUE target from 250k
to 350k.
- Changed the color of the text for the HOUSE PARTY TOTAL to match other
effects during HOUSE PARTY.
- Allow TRALIER TRASH start display effect to interrupt HAUNT COMPLETE
display effect.
- Abort the HAUNT completed lamp effect if the ball is not in the HOUSE
LOCK.
- Added a lamp effect for the MOVIE TRAILER.
- Fixed a bug in the display for WILD MARKET VALUE which would show
INVALID from time to time.
- Added a light show for completing DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Added sounds for completing DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Changed the sound for completing a level during DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Completion effects now run when DIRECTOR'S CUT is completed.
- Drop out of stage 4 level award display effect for DIRECTOR'S CUT as soon
as the popup has finished.
- Added adjustments for HOUSE PARTY scoring.
- Filled out adjustments for HOUSE PARTY scoring when installing for
COMPETITION. The settings are: (100,000/12,500/NO LIMIT).
- Added text to the start display effect for HOUSE PARTY that shows
(somewhat) how the shot value is calculated (it is based on the number
of shots made in the HAUNTS leading up to HOUSE PARTY).
- Blink the window of HOUSE when a HAUNT is running.
- Added a lamp effect for THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting.
- Added sounds and speech for THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting.
- Added a video clip to THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting display effect.
- Cleaned up THEY CAME FROM SPACE keep shooting display effect (changed the
text size, played for longer, blink text).
- Fixed blinking text for GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL start and PHONE-A-FIEND
MULTIBALL start so the effect ends with the text on the display (instead
of blank).
- Boost up stinger sounds for THE MANSTER so they are louder.
- Darken GI for WILD MARKET VALUE award.
- Added lamp effects, sounds, and speech for WILD MARKET VALUE start and
award.
- Added more speech to THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON.
- Re-processed some Elvira VO and MARGE speech so it is clearer.
- Fixed THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON phase 1 attack sequence clips that were
always repeating the woman at the gas pump instead of cycling through the
entire set (gas pump, running away, door, etc.).
- Changed the scoring for the attack sequence during THE WEREWOLF OF
WASHINGTON so the scores during the sequence ramp up more quickly (i.e.
non-linearly).
- Fixed some issues with the attract mode that would cause the game to
reset sometimes.
- Fixed an issue with the TOPPER and the INTERLOCK switch where the lights
for the TOPPER would remain OFF after closing the coin door.
- Added additional scream sounds to the TOPPER scream.

4 months later
#7354 3 years ago

New game code:

V1.02.0 - Mar. 8, 2021
======================

- Fixed a problem in Gappa Angry where occasionally, upon locking a ball, a new
ball is not introduced back into play.
- Fixed a problem where the game could crash when using the flippers to quickly
alternate back and forth between attract mode display effects.
- Added logic to reduce load time of videos from the SD card.
- Added logic that allows "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" to be the first
Locked Room House mode to be played when playing this rule during the month
of December.
- Added a "Santa's Helper" adjustment that allows the "Santa Claus Conquers The
Martians" House mode to be the first Locked Room House mode to play during
the month of December. Default = YES. Note: The House Room must first be
unlocked with a Skeleton Key that is earned via the Junk in the Trunk rule.
- Added an "Additional Turret Motor Usage" adjustment. Options are:
1) None
2) Game Start
3) Garage Ball Lock
4) Game Start + Garage Ball Lock
Default setting = Game Start
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret at Game Start.
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret upon locking a ball in the Garage.
- Fixed a problem where the game might not award the correct number of credits
when a bill mech. is attached to the Center Coin switch.
- Now the game logo appears during the PowerUp/Boot sequence.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.67.0

1 year later
#11405 1 year ago

New Game Code ! (Mainly Home Team Feature)

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================

- Game changes
- Added Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play, Home Team may be enabled via
Standard Adjust #51 or within Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's location by enabling the
Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game. Players need only be added once to the Home Team.
Players can be later removed from the Home Team, and guests may be temporarily added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Fixed rare instance where score could end in 5 instead of 0
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer

- System changes
- Updated to System 3.19
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.0.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peanuts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=peanuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.