IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orangestorm87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago

So anyone know how many video modes can be started via the Mansion? Last I heard it was 6. Anyone also know what six movies these modes are attached to?

1 year later
#5809 3 years ago

Anyone know if they are doing another run of EHOH? Looking to purchase NIB and seems like no distributors have any.

1 month later
#6191 3 years ago

Really hope many more of these get made. My work has a deposit down with CoinTaker. Last correspondence was probably February. But that was a month ago from CoinTaker.

4 weeks later
#6499 3 years ago

My work supposedly has one with Coin Taker. But at this point who knows what's going on.

1 month later
#7509 3 years ago

Anyone heard any news on the next production run? Any word from distributors?

1 month later
#8083 2 years ago

My work has one on order. Was just told by the distributor they are receiving less than they thought. No idea on the next run.

#8156 2 years ago

No updates from who we have our deposit with. Was told by my co-worker (who officially put the deposit down for us)

"Deposit is in, waiting to know what that means though..."

1 week later
#8294 2 years ago

Does the deadhead crypt close completely or is there a gap like many of the older games?

#8323 2 years ago

My work still just has a deposit down. No word on actual machine yet. So hoping to join everyone soon.

#8352 2 years ago

So work got an invoice dated from December, for an amount greater than what was quoted back in I believe February. Trying to contact the distributor, and no response.

So maybe we have a game? Not going to pay until we know what's up.

#8385 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So even higher than the initial $500 mark up?? That’s messed up.

Ya we didn't even order in December, so we have no idea why we would get an invoice dated from December. So that December invoice, is higher than the price quoted in February.

So just a tad confused, and unfortunately doesn't sound like the distributor is responding to calls or emails at the moment.

But enough of my problems, lets get some more unboxing pictures!

#8386 2 years ago

I was thinking, if we do get a game. What are the must haves for protecting it? Is there anything you guys recommend?

#8401 2 years ago

I sure hope they are making more because I am thinking I need to get a deposit in with a different distributor at this rate.

1 week later
#8544 2 years ago

Well everyone else is posting their saga's. Well distributor has said the game is ready, but they have yet to send over a corrected invoice. So just waiting on them to tell us to pay for our game.

Hopefully we join everyone else soon.

#8582 2 years ago

I really hope they use some more movies. I am a fan of Wasp Woman, Killer Shrews, Giant Leeches, so I have my fingers crossed.

Maybe when the pinball shows start running again we can get some people to ask in person.

#8696 2 years ago

Man it sucks all the issues you guys are having.

My issue is I can't get my distributor to return an updated invoice so I can pay for my game.

They said the game was ready and now I'm in limbo. Really tough when there is no communication from the other side.

2 weeks later
#9049 2 years ago

Been a few back and forths, but was asked for the address yesterday. All signs are looking good at the moment!

#9086 2 years ago

Shipping says Elvira is arriving on Monday. To bad I am busy and won't be able to get at it until Wednesday.

#9166 2 years ago

I sure hope the other movies on the back glass get used.

#9174 2 years ago

With the Mandalorian getting a co-op / team mode do you think stern will implement that feature in other / older games? Seems like it could be a pretty easy copy paste feature.

#9211 2 years ago

Finally joined the club last week. Only have about 5 games in but loving it.

So far only one issue found.

Anytime the game auto kicks the ball out of the cellar (raises the house stairs) the ball goes straight down the middle with no chance of a save. On everyone else's game where does the ball usually hit when coming out of the cellar?

Also, when new out of the box, do you have do anything to the Gargoyles like cut zip ties off underneath the playfield?

#9216 2 years ago

My game has a build date of May 15th if anyone was curious.

#9220 2 years ago

Welp looks like mine is not immune to the others with the house reject issues. Played about 20 more games (still haven't taken the house off) and now the house will not hold the ball when starting a mode.

So appears the consensus is to just put some velcro in to deaden the ball?

#9222 2 years ago

The ball comes back down the ramp. Playfield is dark and Elivra is talking.

#9252 2 years ago

Ya I think the house ramp opto is switch 54. Seems like mine is not aligning correctly so you may want to check that on yours as well.

3 weeks later
#9389 2 years ago

Ya, I was really hoping for a wasp woman mode. Love that movie

#9395 2 years ago

Lol at the point of having Lymann do GoFundme code updates, we might as well dream Stern provides the tools/api for anyone to make code changes. Open source the whole thing, and see what the community comes up with.

Either way I am looking forward to the exciting September Stern has alluded to for machines and features.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9418 2 years ago

Maybe someone can contact Elvira and ask if she recorded clips for movies not yet implemented in the game. Give us some of that sweet sweet hope.

#9426 2 years ago

We are all hoping for a few more movies from the back glass to be implemented, but with the lymann news I would not hold much hope.

I'm looking to September though, lots of teases for most likely wifi connectivity.

2 weeks later
#9495 2 years ago

Just got my full set of cliffy protectors out. Just to confirm, to get the crypt installed the crypt needs to come fully off and to install the garage drop target protector the house has to come fully off?

I have only found a few photos and no manual per se in how to install them.

#9501 2 years ago

1) What is the consensus on fixing the ball coming back down the house ramp when starting a haunt (Elvira talking and GI dark)? Mine rejects about 50% of the time.

2) What is the consensus on fixing the ball being shot out of the cellar SDTM? Mine happens 100% of the time.

I have tried adding some Velcro for issue 1, but no idea what to do for issue 2. These seem to be my last two, but most consistent issues with my game.

#9503 2 years ago

When you say the pin are you talking about the white peg attached to the solenoid? If so it seems to be the ball would have to go up the ramp and around the corner to get to that peg. If the peg was not down the ball would come out the side, but my rejects are coming back down the house ramp.

2 weeks later
#9598 2 years ago

Updates / Thoughts on my House's Haunt "Reject" Issue. So about 50% of the time when a new Haunt Mode starts (Elvira is talking and playfield dims) the ball comes rolling back down the house ramp and is not held in place.

Doing some testing, it seems the Haunt Mode is started via the Opto sensor in the back area behind the playfield straddling the black plastic ramp. It is NOT started by the Opto sensor at the top of House ramp.

Taking the house off and watching, it seems like most of my shots with enough power are actually being rejected (hitting the side or something) and not making it down the black plastic ramp to the appropriate Opto sensor to start a Haunt. I haven't tested it yet, but I have a feeling my Opto sensor at the bottom of the plastic ramp is not 100% aligned. So when a powerful enough shot hits the ramp it shakes it a bit causing the Opto to "sense" the ball, but then the ball does not actually go down the plastic ramp causing what looks like an improper shot.

Will have to take a closer look at the Opto on the plastic ramp but wanted to mention this for anyone else, who like me have tried the Velcro and the washer's fix and still having this issue.

#9603 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Does the game trap the ball, and then you hear a random click and mode starts? Or is game dark as hell and ball just dribbles out with no more warning sounds?
If it’s the first thing I said , you answered your own question and need to tweak that rear opto that controls the down post through the plastic exit of the house. I explained how in a prior post
If it’s the second, I assume your game is at 6.5 degrees or so. Increase it to 6.7 or so.
Let me know if you need any further help on this. It’s a frustrating issue , but fixable.

Ya its number 2. I'll look and see what angle my machine is at.

But now after moving the house on and off, I sometimes get random garage shots. Like the game will say Locks or lit or something and I didn't even shoot the drop target. Or sometimes when I hit the house ramp and a the Haunt starts, if its a haunt that needs the garage shot, it will automatically give it to me before the ball comes out of the house.

So I assume that is an alignment issue with the garage opto. Just need to figure out how to get to it.

Slowly but surely its coming together. Still need to fix my cellar VUK shooting STDM 50% of the time as well.

1 week later
#9669 2 years ago

I just hope they implement a co-op mode like on Mandalorian. Wife and I are not the greatest players and would be great to take on the game together.

#9692 2 years ago

If I could wave my magic wand I would say
1) Put in a Haunt for The Wasp Woman
2) Add in co-op mode

I have a little hope for co-op mode when all this insider connected gets implemented. I'm thinking maybe they will implement a base set of features for all games, and co-op mode could be one.

This is just a hope, not based on any insider information.

#9741 2 years ago

Was it just last week she was on Shudder?

Now looks like a stint with Netflix. Can't wait.

1 week later
#9766 2 years ago

So just created my Insider Connected Account. Looks like they have Elvira "active".

However, the number of achievements...intentional or happy accident

Elvira_Achievements (resized).pngElvira_Achievements (resized).png

#9807 2 years ago

Well I'm sure we could always use just the left one with the QR reader apron.

#9834 2 years ago

Looks like Tim Kitzrow is coming to MGC. Thinking of getting something from my machine signed. Any suggestions?

1 week later
#9864 2 years ago

At least it has an appropriate shooter rod. Maybe they squeeze out another Haunt for it?

2 weeks later
#10097 2 years ago

Looks like you can get steal on #1 of 199, less than I paid for my premium.

ELVIRA LIMITED EDITION STERN 40TH ANNIVERSARY PINBALL MACHINE
The first numbered unit (of 199) of a limited edition, Stern brand “Elvira’s House of Horrors” pinball
machine, commemorating Elvira’s 40th Anniversary.
The item comes with a signed trading card, a a special dagger shooter knob, “paranormal purple”
paintwork, and 40th Anniversary branding on the backglass and cabinet artwork. It includes an Insider
Connected QR code reader in the bottom apron.
PROVENANCE FromThe Collection of Cassandra Peterson
$6,000-8,000

1 week later
#10155 2 years ago

Ya, still holding out hope for a Wasp Woman haunt

3 weeks later
#10333 2 years ago

So noticed an issue last night when I had some family over. Balls no longer getting locked in the garage, simply get kicked out. However, in all haunts that need a garage shot, they register just fine. I assumed this was detected via the same switch. Or is there another mech that needs to be looked at?

Will go looking tonight to see what's going on.

#10336 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Were you playing with multiple players? As an example. If player 1 has two balls locked. The preceding players will have the ball kicked out on ball lock 1 and 2.
Same thing happens if you start a new game with balls locked already. It'll just spit them back out until you hit a lock greater than what is currently locked.

Happens on both single player and multi-player games

1 month later
#10505 2 years ago

So I have been seeing what seems like a lot of code updates from Stern, most recently Munsters and Batman 66. Anyone holding out hope for a code update for Elvira to add some more haunts?

#10550 2 years ago

So what are the ways to get more than a 3 ball multiball going?

3 months later
#11069 1 year ago

Man one of the "campy campers" all done up like Joe Bob's Monstervision camper would be pretty sweet.

1 month later
#11242 1 year ago

I'd like to know how you go about making these changes? I feel like I could tinker around with mine to make some additional changes.

#11259 1 year ago

Anyone else get just a little bit of hope each time a Stern code update email comes in, that maybe just maybe it will be Elvira?

I know I do.

#11287 1 year ago

Anyone upgrade their Elvira with an Insider Connected kit that utilizes the coin door? If so what were all the parts you purchased to do this?

1 month later
#11408 1 year ago

Also the random score ending in 5 instead of 0. So progress!

#11416 1 year ago

For what's left to be done, I thought I heard someone say Cassandra taped some digital assets for all the movies referenced in the game. For example The Wasp Woman is shown on the backglass, but does not have an associated haunt or mode.

So I would love to at least see all the stuff Cassandra Produced in studio for the game. And if Stern ever opened up the code for community development I'm sure plenty of talented people could contribute. But its tricky with what probably be warranty issues for people running the "custom" code.

6 months later
#12875 1 year ago

Said it before, if I had to pick I would go for adding the Wasp Woman. Lots of great B Movie shots in that one.

8 months later
#15896 6 months ago

So is Wasp Woman that only movie on the backglass not in the game now? Wonder if they will implement a co-op mode like some other machines have gotten recently as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orangestorm87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=orangestorm87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.