IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10497 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Can someone post what was the original MSRP and what is the current MSRP (if you could get one) for an Elvira Premium.

I believe original $7999 current $8799

Not sure why the current is $200 less than the other premiums on the stern site. I think that’ll be updated as I think it was more expensive than other premiums

You can look up prices when released on ipdb, current prices are on sterns site

8 months later
#11680 1 year ago

I'm looking for a youtube vid or twitch stream of complete gameplay to Wild Market Value mode. Most of the vids I can find are just going for Gappa but I'd like to see the full game to decide if it's for me, I've played it a bit on location but it's not set up very well. Other games seem to be fairly easy to find final wizard mode streams of and have helped me decide whether to buy or not but not Elvira! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

#11682 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I don't know if I kept the full game where this happened, but this is the first time I sold the house two years ago.

Actually watching one of your vids now, think it maybe from this game it's a 2.4B one, I'll have to keep watching and see! Thanks for all your vids and streams

#11684 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Man, I really hope my distro comes through and I'm able to get this machine. It's been 16 months since I put down the deposit. The wait is killing me. I mean, not literally, but I suppose that would fit the theme of the game lol.

Hope you get yours! I'm still on the fence, I like the game but I wish the final wizard mode was a bit more substantial.

#11711 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I hope they make them on time in Nov also, but I'm going to take a guess and say it'll be March.
Sept is gone. Oct will be gone with Bond going to sell really well. Nov is gone with LZ and TMNT final runs. They have to slap in the Bond SLE's somewhere, and squeeze in more GZ before no one wants them anymore.
The EHOH people have already been waiting a year at least, and the whole allocation is already sold out. We're a sure thing. Making them faster doesn't do a thing for Stern and they know it.
The year is toast, with another new title coming in Dec/Jan..... EHOH will be in March (IMO).

Dont think there are more LZ in Nov, but they do still have Bond, TMNT, SW, GotG and home versions of JP and SW.

Really seems like they hate making Elviras. If they’d just made them a year ago with this years prices I think people would have been upset at the price but at least they’d have their games.

If Elvira is pushed to next year, given it’s always been more expensive than other premiums, it’s going to be over 10k

3 months later
#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man with this last run finally getting underway I hope people aren’t going to be disappointed since the game is now SO expensive. It’s definitely a masterpiece, but the layout is still just a Stern fan, and the real key is Lyman’s code

The next run isn't planned to be the last

#12359 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No? What’s the schedule?

Zach M said on his podcast that he asked Stern if he should cancel orders he had for HoH if they weren't being filled with the next batch and Stern said no. There's no public schedule for the production after the next lot but Stern telling him not to cancel orders means they think they will run it again

8 months later
#15744 6 months ago

Is there a better explanation for the haunts than the Tilt rulesheet anywhere? I'm trying to understand the number of shots needed changing. Thanks

#15746 6 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Could you be a little more specific about what you want to know? I will try to help.

I'm just trying to work out why sometimes the number of shots needed for mode completion is different or increases during the modes

#15750 6 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Different haunts require different numbers of shots. For most haunts the shot count is increased by 1 for each haunt already played. For example, if you play TFOS as your first haunt, you only need 3 shots before the cellar opens to advance. However, if you play it later, you need up to six shots before the cellar opens. TWoW is the only haunt I can think of where the number of shots needed increases during the haunt. Shooting the combos (white/blue arrows) is worth a ton of points, but adds to the shots required. On the other hand, shooting the blue arrows counts toward shots needed.
I hope that helps. If you have questions regarding specific haunts, let me know.

Thank you! That’s really helpful, I didn’t realise the number of shots required depended on what you’ve done before. Things are starting to make more sense

3 weeks later
#15877 6 months ago

Tiny black screw came loose. Any my ideas where from, front of house and crypt roof look like they still have all theirs and this is slightly smaller than those anyway. Generally these ones have no washers right?

Edit - nvm just spotted one missing from the trunk!

1 week later
#16036 5 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

All this talk about how less valuable the machine has become is getting boring! I am not in this hobby because of the money you can make or lose if you buy or sell a game. I am in cause how much fun it makes to play pinball.
Elvira HoH is one of the best games out there and I hope with the code update it becomes even better.
So can we start talking about the things we want from this update?
It's nice to get the missing movies as Modes (Eegah!!!). I still hope for something from the "Wasp Woman" too. Are there more movies we are missing in the game?
But what I would realy like to see is that the "selling of the house" becomes a bigger highlight for the game.
And they should use the spinner more often to boost up things in the game.
That would bring this game over the top for me as my GOAT game.
What would you like to have in the update? What does this game still need?

I’d like selling the house to actually be a mode rather than just one shot. It’s meant to be the final wizard mode, make it epic! Unfortunately that’s not been mentioned so I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Luckily I do enjoy the other wizard modes in the game and the game as a whole, a final wizard mode would just be a cherry on top.

#16060 5 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

All this talk about how less valuable the machine has become is getting boring! I am not in this hobby because of the money you can make or lose if you buy or sell a game. I am in cause how much fun it makes to play pinball.
Elvira HoH is one of the best games out there and I hope with the code update it becomes even better.
So can we start talking about the things we want from this update?
It's nice to get the missing movies as Modes (Eegah!!!). I still hope for something from the "Wasp Woman" too. Are there more movies we are missing in the game?
But what I would realy like to see is that the "selling of the house" becomes a bigger highlight for the game.
And they should use the spinner more often to boost up things in the game.
That would bring this game over the top for me as my GOAT game.
What would you like to have in the update? What does this game still need?

Thought of something else that would be nice in the update, visible mode timers in mbs! Unless I’m missing where they move to…

#16112 5 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I need someone to talk me off the ledge... I am so close to buying the BRK edition. UGH!

That thing is gorgeous! I'd upgrade from my prem if I had the extra cash. Plus it's better value than other LE's as it's the same price but a nib Elvira prem is 10.5k.

We're all enablers here

#16245 5 months ago

Does anyone know if they’ll be rerunning the side armor?

Also sometimes my action button is lit for ray gun, I press it but it doesn’t collect a haunt shot, it’s not the final shot. Any ideas why, there’s something I’m not understanding with when it can be used.

#16310 5 months ago

Got to pew pew pew mode today. I don't care if it works out that you score more by not using the ray guns, it was hilarious. Managed to get a really good rip on the spinner to pops so loads were going off and I couldn't help but giggle.

Stupid stuff like this in games really makes me love pinball!

#16336 5 months ago

Genuine question, do any other spike 2 games shoot as smoothly as Elvira? I have all the Elwin games and yes, they have great flow if you can hit the shots, they're just harder to hit. I really enjoy the easier shots on Elvira, while still having modern depth code. Would love to add something similar to my collection

#16342 5 months ago

Interesting, I’d always thought people thought b66 was clunky! I’ve played it a little on location but for me I really need a game at home to decide on it. I’ll have to add it to my want list I think.

I have aiq already, it is a great shooter, combo possibilities are fantastic but I just find it a little dull code wise sometimes.

1 week later
#16544 5 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Werewolf of Washington shot colors are all the same now??!! This is weird... It wasn't touched in 1.07.
Ok, not exactly the same, but very close. I preferred it the old way.
Rob

It's an odd change, the difference was much more obvious before. I've also noticed a couple of advance shots at the house haven't been reverted.

#16565 5 months ago

They really need to just revert whatever changes they made to the mode lighting. Last update fixed some things but not everything and seems to have broken other lighting. I don’t know what they thought they were trying to improve but it was perfect as it was.

#16654 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can someone bundle a rough list of the changes that we need or would like to see made or undone with the new code so that we can all hit Stern in a email with a request for roughly the same changes.
I’ve got a rough idea, but I’m trying to pick pieces from different posts here and since I don’t have the game at the moment, if somebody could consolidate everything into one post, it would be helpful so that all of our requests to Stern would have some continuity as they read through all of our emails.

I’d just be happy if they reverted all the insert lighting. Actually revert it, don’t try and improve whatever they’ve done, it’s worse and didn’t need touching at all

#16713 4 months ago

I've done a search of the thread and see the issue of a ball getting stuck between the bottom pop bumper and the post next to it is common but I couldn't find a post with a solution, did I miss it? Pop bumper is already set sensitive but it still happens.

It's not super annoying as a little nudge or ball search frees it but would be nice if there was actually a fix. Thanks

#16816 4 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Place an extra pinball inside the rubber ring around the nearest post, under the plastic. That will give the ring a slight protrusion to enable the ball not to get stuck.

I appreciate this reply but I think we are talking about different areas as I can’t see where I could do this in the area I’m talking about. It’s hard to get a pic of it but I’m talking about a stuck ball where the red mark is.

Does anyone have a solution for that or is it just expected occasionally? Thanks

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#16835 4 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yeah, I was referring to area 3 on your drawing. What's the pitch of your game set at?

I have no issues there. Pitch is 6.6, level side to side

Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I have balls getting stuck in the exact same spot. Once ball search starts, the pop bumpers fire and usually kick it free. The felt or plastic dot is a good idea as long as it doesn't interfere with the ball action in the bumpers.

Just searching the thread with key words 'stuck pop' I see that it's pretty common but no one had a fix really. The ball search or a little wiggle frees it but obviously it would be better if it didn't happen.

1 week later
#17017 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well I have looked everywhere and can’t find a screw missing anywhere, all I can figure is must’ve been a couple extra screws that accidentally got dropped while the game was being made.

The front side of the trunk?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=noskills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.