IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noob-a-tron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2880 3 years ago

Thoughts guys. I may trade a Very Mint Addams family for an Elvira LE a little money his way. My Addams is a seriously nice restore and owes me a little less than what an Elvira LE would cost me in Australia. Am i doing the right thing i may not get an Addams this good again.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm about to purchase a NIB pinball for my "quarantine time" and wondered if anyone here had played STRANGER THINGS (premium) and ELVIRA (premium) and what pros/cons they would identify to each game? I'm leaning toward ELVIRA even though it's gonna cost me and arm/leg considering I live in Canada and our dollar has dripped dramatically compared to the US dollar.
I'm not a specific fan of either theme (I like them both but not in "love" or anything) but wanted a "fan layout" pin for my collection and the "projection shit" on ST doesn't do much for me. Anyway, our local showroom may not have a premium ELVIRA to "play" so I'm looking for outside opinions (and watching a lot of streams, of course) before my purchase. Thanks in advance.

I played both and Stranger Things is no comparison i played on location and everybody loved Elvira. And that was months ago with very early code. Stranger things in my opinion was worse than The Munsters. Elvira is as good as JP2.

#2930 3 years ago

Also Lyman is the king on code he will not let this be forgotten like GB Munsters Etc...

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thoughts guys. I may trade a Very Mint Addams family for an Elvira LE a little money his way. My Addams is a seriously nice restore and owes me a little less than what an Elvira LE would cost me in Australia. Am i doing the right thing i may not get an Addams this good again.

Ok so i did the trade last night and love it we are both happy. He got a mint Addams and i got an Elvira LE had only a handful of games last night as it got to late and family love this game. Noticed a few switch errors going on. 2 balls ejected into shooter lane and the Trunk opto playing up i think. If anyone can save me reading through all these threads is there anything i need to know or to look for to get this machine running at its best. Thanks in Advance.

#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Welcome to the club mate you'll love it as we all do.
Reset the through ball connection as this may help with the 2 balls coming out at one given time.
What exactly is going on with the trunk optos?

Thanks mate will reset that. The trunk fires occasionally like the opto is to sensitive if i press down on the plastic near it, I even pressed down on the playfield and it happened. Very sensitive. Just little things like that i am slowly fixing.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I had a similar issue like yours when I installed a PF protector on my game. Turns out I needed to adjust the switch so that it wouldn't fire randomly.

Thanks mate machine a bit new for me am trying to get my head around some of the new tech.

#3079 3 years ago

I have the same problem with the scoring. Was told it was O/S so i did a full SD card swap still the same issue. Will have a mate help me on Friday and go through all the opto problems will report back if we fix it. So annoying.

#3082 3 years ago

I have that and an opto under the trunk playing up i will do what you say and report back. Thanks mate.

#3088 3 years ago

Yes love it mate thankyou. Up there with Maiden and Metallica for me.

#3099 3 years ago

Ok Guys so update is Elvira playing beautiful now thanks to my mate. So we fixed the trunk opto just had adjust it under the playfield etc it was loose. Then fixed the ramp opto that was what was giving me the crazy score, That thing was also loose so adjusted that. Also fixed the ramp hitting a metal piece on the right gargoyle. Just glued it with a hot glue gun. Now just to fix my Metallica what a headache lol. Kids stuck home playing machines and they are not holding up. We fixed 3 machines today so that was a good effort now for some fun on This Beautiful machine Elvira i gotta say Wow! Big thanks to everyone here who led me in the right direction thanks guys!

#3101 3 years ago

Yes Macca it is right up there mate, JP2 next maybe.

#3106 3 years ago

I was thinking pinstadium but now thinking it will take the horror theme away to bright maybe? Anyone done it?

#3123 3 years ago

Yep SD card mate Exactly same thing happened to me. Mine happened in a code update.

#3124 3 years ago

Got to House Party no idea what i am doing but got 244million on it so next will try and work out what i am supposed to do. So much fun i love it!!!

#3222 3 years ago

Yep Elvira is so much Fun! And only improving.

2 weeks later
#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had to choose which to grab first. This or TMNT. I chose this. Didn’t want to miss out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Yes and Code will be completed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I got a question. I have to update my Elvira with new code, but I want to also fix the issue I have with the diverter always cycling up and down. I think I just need to adjust one of the rollover switches. We'll see.
Since covid I haven't felt like playing pinball. I focused on video games. Also I am rehabbing a baby squirrel right now and he is taking up all my spare time. He's a cool little guy. And I don't really want to blare music, or have the slamming pinball sounds scare him. I also want to make him feel at home and cared for. So again, he's geting a lot of attention.
Anyway, my question. Is the callout "Let Me Stand By Your Fire" removed from the game. Or just implemented into the code to where she won't say redundant ones right next to each other. They'll be better spaced out?
Cos I hope its not removed. its a favorite callout of mine.

Just played with new code on my LE and the call out was still there.

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One of the reasons I got rid of pirates and opted to replace with EHOH was because I was sick of the maintenance. I have rebuilt 90s games but found them to be less finicky. Now I’m starting to worry about my new purchase. I will look through this forum for all the issues so that I’m prepared.

Mine has had only minor issues. Opto's 2 were playing up now fixed. A bad SD card bought a better one and no problem with new code update. Just minor tweaks mate so you should be fine. And this game is so Awesome well worth a tweak here and there.

#3665 3 years ago

tktlwyr what is it like with the subby? My Maiden is crazy with a subby surely it can not rival that? Buying a subby for Elvira LE today.

1 week later
#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, not like we will outthink what the great Lyman will do - but just for fun - what isn’t in the code that should be in by 1.0?

A naked Elvira hopefully a wizard mode that reveal her breasts...

#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

For real? Are you aware that she's 68?

Is she 68 in those video clips Geez that is the best damn cleavage for a 68 year old i have seen. You people need to lighten up seriously.

#3879 3 years ago

Seriously not sure why stern do not get better SD cards this is a joke the amount that have stuffed up.

#3898 3 years ago

Yep i got burnt on Munsters. I did warn all my Friends about code with Dwight but they still bought TMNT. For me Never again with Dwight and i agree in Lyman we Trust. I love my Elvira.

#3900 3 years ago

Huge fall from Grace that's what happened.

#3952 3 years ago

I used a 16gb and a 32gb and both had no problems but best quality sd card.

#3953 3 years ago

Welcome to the club in advance. This game is so much fun!!!

#3956 3 years ago

I rate this as high as Metallica and Maiden. Lyman is god on code. Elwin and Lyman for me. Nordmans best game since WH20 for me.

#3968 3 years ago

No think it should be large like in the gigabytes.

1 week later
#4085 3 years ago

Yep did it to me with the glass off lol it went 10 feet in the air, I was testing stuff and it scared the shit out of me.

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Does anyone have Gargolyes by the crypt hit the playfield glass when activated?
Doesn’t the character, who calls out the bonus shots during multi ball, sound like Bernie Sanders.

I only have 1 doing it is that correct or should all 4 hit the glass. Only the far right one hits the glass.

#4190 3 years ago

Thanks guys i like it hitting the glass will fix these.

2 weeks later
#4490 3 years ago

Damn Macca what will a topper cost in Aud i am glad i passed on that Munsters Topper. I think i will be all over an Elvira Topper though if Lyman on code it may be something special.

1 month later
#5252 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just got a call from my distributor. The Elvira toppers are in. Sad to say there isn't a third screen. The flip-up center is a static image with $1000 price tag. I walked away from my pre-order. The game is great but the topper blows.

Put that $1000 savings towards a GNR i am hahahaha not happy Stern!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noob-a-tron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.