20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9911 2 years ago

I am wondering if they will give preference to people with Premiums *already on order* - you'd think that the people in line, with deposits paid, would get the first shot at these.

#9913 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am wondering if they will give preference to people with Premiums *already on order* - you'd think that the people in line, with deposits paid, would get the first shot at these.

but I am not paying $28k... since that is $19k more than the EHOH I have on order. That seems nuts

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

not how it works, call around. You have to do the work annnnd donate body parts…

I was literally just no-quoted despite the distributor having open allotment *AND* me having a Premium on order with deposit paid.

Makes me want to rethink who I am using as a distributor.

#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don’t understand what does that mean, if they have games available why wouldn’t they give you a quote?

because they want to hold onto them. I assume they want to be the last shop with the game available.

#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Thats sad, you are already locked in for a Prem. If they sell you the 40LE they lose a premium sale.

Not really. They could just sell it when it comes in from Stern. A EHOH in stock wouldn't last the day. In fact, it would sell, quickly, at $1000 over MSRP.

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

you’re absolutely right. I just wonder if that is what the distro is thinking because of the no-quote. Crappy either way.

He emailed back saying that he was caught flat-footed by the announcement and wanted to get an idea of the market.

#9934 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So - current customer be dammed.
Find another dealer for sure.

I get it... I am not in love with the way it has been handled, but at least they are being transparent. Honestly, at the prices that are being thrown around.. I have no interest in paying $25k+ for the game... so unless it was selling for at, or very near, MSRP (guessing that is $20k) I wasn't going to buy it.

2 weeks later
#10079 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No argument to ANY of this! I read somewhere that the 40th release was an olive branch from Stern to get distributors to pick up a larger margin on these games which were unexpectedly popular (and yet Stern was unable to keep Lyman around WTF). If true, then I think that's great. It's a small number of games, people wanted them, sold out, done. If it's just a price grab... eh.. not so cool.

I am not sure how that olive branch is working. I think there are a fair number of 40th anniversary games still out there. I think Stern found the price ceiling.

#10092 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Have all the signature models been made and sold? I was told that by a distro today?

I think the signature models have been gone for a long time. I am pretty sure you can find some 40TH Anniversary editions.

#10100 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Looks like you can get steal on #1 of 199, less than I paid for my premium.
ELVIRA LIMITED EDITION STERN 40TH ANNIVERSARY PINBALL MACHINE
The first numbered unit (of 199) of a limited edition, Stern brand “Elvira’s House of Horrors” pinball
machine, commemorating Elvira’s 40th Anniversary.
The item comes with a signed trading card, a a special dagger shooter knob, “paranormal purple”
paintwork, and 40th Anniversary branding on the backglass and cabinet artwork. It includes an Insider
Connected QR code reader in the bottom apron.
PROVENANCE FromThe Collection of Cassandra Peterson
$6,000-8,000

It’s already up to $17.5k. - this one might go for stupid money

#10114 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So I am assuming it’s safe to say there will not be a Premium run in the first quarter of 2022?

The rumor is that it got pushed well into 2022, and no guarantees it will happen at all in 2022. Nothing confirmed- just a wild rumor at this point.

#10119 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Man the last couple of premium Elvira's that were listed were 13k each. Not sure the Godzilla Le would get you an le right now.
Also not great news on production based on the rumblings going around. Elvira premium may not get built anytime soon.

I bought an LE from a guy last week and he said he was turning down deals for a Godzilla LE. It's just one guy, but still the demand is out there.

1 week later
#10193 2 years ago

I was at the retail outlet for an authorized Stern distributor earlier today... they had customers coming in to buy an EHOH and they were told December 2022 at the earliest... and they would be put on the list. I am still curious if that means the next run is in 12/2022 or is that is just their next availability?

I wonder, other than Godzilla (and maybe Mando) if there is any other Stern game with as many people waiting on a list?

#10194 2 years ago

Hey… my left pop is going nuts. It is firing non-stop - I don’t see anything obvious. Any ideas?

#10196 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The switch is stuck closed

I don’t think so… I didn’t see it closed plus after about an hour of cool down it was fine.

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The switch is stuck closed

I guess it had to be… just weird how it played out.

Thank you for responding!

1 week later
#10224 2 years ago

Question, I thought that the 1.02 code was supposed to make the Christmas modes available in the regular rotation during December (without the skeleton keys). Any ideas on how to get to them?

#10229 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Yep, I got Santa Claus the other day but you still need the key.

Ahhh so you need the key then the mode will appear. It would be cool if it was a bit more frequent

#10248 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Once you have the key the secret room is unlocked.
It's the window on the far right. You can cradle the ball and select which haunt you want with the flippers (watch the windows move and take in account the extra flip to make the shot).
You don't have to work through any rooms to unlock it.

I am still confused. What does the 1.02 code do if you could always just select it?

#10255 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

There are three potential haunts in the secret room. If memory serves me right, they're The Rites of Dracula, The Gila Monster, & Santa Claus Conquers The Martians.
During most months, the game will essentially pick one of those at random. Hence, you're able to select the secret room, but not which secret haunt you'll get to play. Since the code update, During December you have a significantly increased chance of that room being Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. It launches the mode almost everytime in December (it might even be everytime). It's likely a 1/3 chance outside of December.
Also, if I'm remembering correctly, I believe there is also a secret Elvira video clip that plays if you beat Santa Claus Conquers The Martians on Christmas day.
As a side note. Every other window is paired with only one specific mode. It's pretty beneficial to figure out what modes are easiest (Night of the Living Dead - Bottom Right Window) and which ones should be avoided (Werewolf of Washington - Top Right Window).

Ahhhh! Thanks! I thought ALL the rooms were random!

So, since I am pretty slow The sequence is... get the skeleton key, select the secret room, then in December, the Santa Claus conquers the Martians will play. Thanks for the help!

#10257 2 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

Wel I finally joined the club! What a great game it is.
First I thought it was going to be a new in box from the new run (ordered and made deposit in May this year), but this week I found a beautifull huo pimped premium Elvira hoh nearby where I live. Yesterday I picked it up, will share some pictures in this post, I think it looks better then the le
The day after I came to an agreement with the seller I got this message from my distributor stating:
"We contact you regarding your pre-order of the Elvira pinball machine. We have been informed by the manufacturer that the pinball machine will no longer be available in this form. Therefore we are forced to cancel the order. Of course we will refund your full deposit that you have already paid us. We are very sorry. We thank you for your understanding."
I don't exactly know what that means, but can't believe Stern decides to stop future productions of Elvira hoh although there is a lot of demand and pre orders. Like said many times in this thread, it's a shame that Stern doesn't share more information on production planning with their distributors and let customers pre order games that seemingly aren't going to be delivered......
I'm very happy with my purchase and hope that al of you who have an Elvira on order will recieve them eventually (or find one on the secondairy market).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks great! Nice score!

#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I guess if Stern is really pulling the plug after the 40th ships, others will know soon too with their orders cancelled.
Rob

I wonder if they pulled the plug on all orders or just the international ones?

1 week later
#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

Its starts when the ball is in the bumpers

we had an issue with the bumper going nuts during pool party. Each pop is worth 250k - I had to turn the game off... the coil was super hot. It ended up being an issue with the switch

1 month later
#10584 2 years ago

I am having issues with the crypt. It seems to be out of phase and is always “searching” for the correct position.

Then it often gets stuck between positions (see the photos). I don’t think it has anything to do with the optics, and I don’t see anything that is obviously loose.

Any ideas?

28AFD3B1-DED1-4065-AAFB-65A5502B54A6 (resized).jpeg28AFD3B1-DED1-4065-AAFB-65A5502B54A6 (resized).jpegF2E954A3-DE88-4F19-A90C-7CCD4DCEBB6A (resized).jpegF2E954A3-DE88-4F19-A90C-7CCD4DCEBB6A (resized).jpeg
#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I have had this happen on occasion. If you'll go into the crypt test and cycle through all three stops, it will probably sort itself out. Since this has worked for me, I've never looked for a cause.

Yeah, I'll try that. Was your doing it over a period of time? Mine hasn't worked correctly in like a month.

Thanks!

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

If optos are fine, you can try to change the position of the moving crypt part up or a little bit down by this nut. [quoted image]

Thanks! I'll chck that next

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from JJG8591:

Hi, had the same problem just last week. Had the game for about 9 months or so. I figured I had to start taking the crypt apart. I just took the top roof off looked down and by hand moved the skull back and forth. I then picked up the playfield and reviewed the bottom of the mechanism. I then went into diagnostic mode and went through the 3 positions. Closed it up and it ran fine. I think it might have been just dirt or something in the way of the optos and by working the mechanism, running through the diagnostics (which by the way moved the mechanism to the correct positions) it corrected itself. I would work the skull and then do the diagnostic and see if it helps you. Hope this helps, JJG

LOL... that is the exact same thing I did - except I wasn't smart enough to run the diagnotic!

I ran the diagnostic and now it runs perfect! Thanks everyone for the help!

#10601 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine did the exact same thing. Replaced the opto board and good to go
Tried everything else first but just saw you got it fixed

i was pretty sure mine wasn't the opto. It registered everytime something crossed the path. It was just out of sync/phase. I thought it was some sort of gear or linkage slipping in the motor or something was loose. I am glad that it turned out to be something minor (I just with I would have thought to look to see if there was a diagnostic in the menu before I tore it all apart).

#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, I was just thinking the same thing... thanks flippers...

I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't buy their entire stock.

2 weeks later
#10707 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Just got an update from my distributor on my EHOH order which has been in cue since June of 2021. Stern is evidently doing one last small run, supposedly in November of 2022. That may be it for the game. I was also informed that while I will be getting my game, the dealer allocation has apparently been severely reduced. I have a bad feeling there may be a lot of disappointed customers if Stern only does one small final run.

I wonder why? Is this game that hard to make? Does it have a significantly slower build rate? That area over the by the crypt is tight, and I think most of use have had some sort of issue with something over there. I wonder if they feel the juice isn't worth the squeeze?

#10715 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

So great to see all these turds (PG-13 version) buying toppers and trying to flip them for 2x the purchase price. Two listed today alone. Sux for those of us with naked EHOH’s looking for one to actually use. $50 reward still out there for anyone who DMs me when they see a distributor with stock.

Yeah, it really sucks. There was no doubt what was going to happen.

#10738 2 years ago
Quoted from TerminatorNo1:

Has anyone here experienced "ghost switching" on their Elvira's HoH?
On my game all of a sudden the switches for the "Un happy hours" ramps just kept triggering. So the scores went haywire! I took the glas of and went to switch test, but none of the switches registered when I pulled the ramps and stuff. It only registered as they should.
I rebooted the game and played a game. Everything worked as it should so I thought it was just a temporary glitch? But then it started to trigger again, with no ball near the ramps! ☹️
Has anyone had this issue?

Literally just happened to mine last weekend. On mine the left opto on the right ramp (next to the crypt) had become loose and slipped down. That caused the opto to almost continuously trigger. It rolled up 2B points in less than a minute!

It was a pretty easy fix. I had to remove the top of the crypt and tighten the screw to get the opto back in place.

3 weeks later
#10822 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Ah gotcha....[quoted image]

It really does stink. Us actual owners were all scrambling to buy a topper only to have them all scooped up by people who intended to flip them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.