IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4910 3 years ago

Just got my EHOH premium... I’ve had it for a couple of days and I’m just blown away by this game. I’m extremely picky and this is just checking all of the boxes for me. This game should be the gold standard for Stern moving forward. The rules and gameplay are phenomenal. Can’t wait to see V 1.00 later this month!

#4925 3 years ago

You all know that if everyone refuses to spend $1k on a lame-ass topper Stern will be forced to lower the price to move them. I’m stating the obvious but this price point is ABSURD. The topper alone is 1/8th the cost of the game? Honestly, fuck that. It’s rude. I could buy one but I absolutely will not. I don’t care what it does short of shooting $700 out of the grave hahaha.

#4967 3 years ago

Has anyone made an Elviras Campy Camper mod yet? If not I’m gonna 3D print one and make some molds. It will hover above the rollovers / pops. Should be a nice way to fill that space back there. Thinking about printing a Gappa head / torso for over the left ramp.

#5008 3 years ago

CAD coming along nicely for Elviras Campy Camper. ‘Bout ready to print it. I may be able to make a mold and reproduce this. Upvote the post if you might be interested in one.

86C046B5-057E-4DAA-9D69-221391815CA5 (resized).jpeg86C046B5-057E-4DAA-9D69-221391815CA5 (resized).jpegAA453321-C9A4-4F29-BEFD-70946D3EE2F8 (resized).jpegAA453321-C9A4-4F29-BEFD-70946D3EE2F8 (resized).jpeg
#5010 3 years ago

Yeaaa, back side will be blank . Thinking about having it float off the screws that are already in place on the back panel, spaced with two 1” posts. The print will be in two pieces and hollow in the middle for interior lighting...final product will definitely be molded from the 3D print.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is REALLY nice! I suggest you put a small bumped out border under the red section, which will make it easier to paint. A 3D print of this is going to be tough, the mold seems like a safer option. Also, the reverse side can pretty much be blank, since we'll really never see it.

#5014 3 years ago

Just updated to v.99 —-

Question: ‘They came from outer space multiball’. Does this mode ever END? I got down to a single ball twice during the multi and it just stayed in mode. Thought that was strange.

#5016 3 years ago

It’s the final haunt wizard mode previously called ‘attic party’ currently called ‘They came from space’ in v.99 Its a multi ball mode and shows you get abducted by aliens and you hurl through space exploding spiders yadda yadda. Well...there’s no timer and the mode just doesn’t ever end until you lose the ball haha.

Quoted from jandrea95:

I believe you are referring to one of the house haunts. If so could you have started the mode, then started one of the multi balls, and haunt wasn’t finished even though you drained all but one ?

#5034 3 years ago

Ahhhh perfect! Thank you! I’ve been to “They came from space” twice so far but never completed...mainly on account of me just generally being confused about why it didn’t end haha ( I thought I had a ball stuck somewhere both times ) The Gila monster mode is awesome! I can’t believe the coding on this game. It’s TOP NOTCH...I can’t think of another pin that has this much variety in gameplay. EHOH deserves top 5 status IMO

Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Yes, “it came from space” mode does not end until you fight all the enemies and collect their jackpots. The house turret/lights/screen change to show which enemy you are fighting. I believe it adds a ball when you change enemies if you are already down to one ball.
I had been playing 3 ball mode since I got this pin and only hit the final mode twice. I just switched to 5 ball for fun and I’ve already got to the final mode 2 more times in 2 days. Damn, I love this game and can’t wait to see what Lyman adds in the final code.
If you get the skeleton key make sure to play The Giant Gila Monster. It has a great gimmick where you need to get pop hits to collect bottles of nitroglycerin before your shots light up. One of the best modes in the game.

#5037 3 years ago

Updated Campy Camper... might just do it solid so it’s easier to mold.

90067073-B3A3-4C57-9A21-42853F5D1D9D (resized).jpeg90067073-B3A3-4C57-9A21-42853F5D1D9D (resized).jpeg
#5039 3 years ago

Same, I get the impression that the mode has not been fully coded.

Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I beat “it came from space” tonight and nothing happened. Once you make the last shot it kills your flippers so all balls drain and then it just resets the haunts without any special animations or callouts. I assume this will be changed in the final code.

1 week later
#5134 3 years ago

Prototype printed. Now I’ve gotta figure out how to mount it. Any ideas?

26192F23-4434-4C4D-B62D-D1A189166D76 (resized).jpeg26192F23-4434-4C4D-B62D-D1A189166D76 (resized).jpegA6999788-1349-4C1C-90A3-427914313BEA (resized).jpegA6999788-1349-4C1C-90A3-427914313BEA (resized).jpeg
#5139 3 years ago

Still workin out the kinks, I may slice the camper in half and mount to the back panel as a facade...or mount higher so they are visible underneath...or maybe kitty corner it. Havnt had much time to play around yet.

Quoted from Vitty:

How obscured are the bonus rollover lights behind that camper?

#5140 3 years ago

I just seated it right on top of the back gate...both rollovers are visible. Looks pretty good, know anyone who does decals?

Quoted from Lermods:

Doesn't this block the view of the lanes at the top?

1 week later
#5201 3 years ago

So...my motor controller board had a short and my center ramp is going up and down repeatedly making the game unplayable. Does anyone know where to source part 520-8418-00 motor controller board? I email stern but have not heard back yet. Any advise is helpful, my heart is broken with this game down

#5203 3 years ago

Thanks, yeah I’m the second owner. I’ll send the seller an email and see if he can put me in touch.

Quoted from docquest:

If you are the original buyer then the distributor you bought it from should be able to help.
If you bought it used then find out from the seller which distributor they bought it from and try asking them if they can order it for you.

#5207 3 years ago

Yeah the dual motor board seems to be unavailable other than from Stern unfortunately. I’ve got Chris at cointaker looking into sourcing the board for me. LOVE this game, can’t wait to have it back up and running!

Quoted from Mtg381:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-motor-24-vdc-12-rpm-no-harness.html
EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed you're looking for the board. Hopefully, Stern will help you quickly. Good luck!

#5257 3 years ago

The grave flips up and it’s a static image. I’ve seen a photo...not worth $250 if you ask me.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm still keeping my topper, when it arrives. Hope guy who says its static image is wrong, still think it will hold its value

1 week later
#5464 3 years ago

Dang y’all... my high is 1.6 bill w/ Gappa 6 ball, They came from space and Directors cut. Lots to shoot for on this bad boy.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Bummer about the topper not being limited.
My highest score so far is 500 mill. I somehow have got 150mill on trailer trash. 700 mill is an outstanding sffort!

#5487 3 years ago

I’ve owned all three and love them all for different reasons...when EHOH first came out I was disappointed, but it has currently surpassed my love for both previous games. EHOH is a nearly perfect pin IMO

Quoted from jfh:

So ... for those that just have HOH ... has the game made you seriously consider getting EATPM and/or Scared Stiff ?

#5600 3 years ago

When updating code from v.99 to v1.0 do you select ‘quick update’ or ‘full update’ ?

#5607 3 years ago

B Movie Trailer feat is super cool! I got “Manos 3: Thumb of Rage” on a 1,286,355,950 game!

8F45D6BB-21FB-4642-A113-81AEBBA4576E (resized).jpeg8F45D6BB-21FB-4642-A113-81AEBBA4576E (resized).jpeg
#5627 3 years ago

EHOH production has been held up since June. Last I heard from my distributor EHOH was supposed to go back on the line in October. That didn’t happen. It’s now pushed back until winter 2021. Something tells me this won’t happen either as there will be a new Stern announcement around xmas...which might be Led Zep. That will take up the line for a long time. If I were to guess I’d say it’s possible that EHOH may never see the line again. I would seek out a low play HUO and have it shipped via STI.

Quoted from Rascal-911:

I am trying to join this Elvira HOH club, it looks awesome, but there is no NIB stock available in Canada, and no used units for sale. All I can to is look for now and hope Stern is making new stock for export.
Anyone with connections with Stern know how production is going.

#5631 3 years ago

Ahhh cool, I ended up getting one second hand cause I was tired of waiting. Glad to hear there will more available to potential buyers. It’s a top tier game.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Not sure where you heard that?.... Stern just delivered a bunch to distribs this month.
They are in line to run again but wont deliver until early next year.

#5635 3 years ago

But the entire point of Elvira is BAD B List monster movies... That being said I would be ALL IN for a black white Stern Universal Monsters pin though. That would be too amazing. I also want 50’s / 60’s Japanese Godzilla. They would both be so perfect sitting next to EHOH.

Quoted from bloodydrake:

Love the table,theme, etc..but that said a classic monsters movie custom mods for the haunts would make for an amazing custom table.
Just looking at the original Univeral Extended universe,
Dracula
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Son of Frankenstein
Wolfman
Frankenstein vs the Wolfman
House of Dracula
House of Frankenstein
thats 10 movies which if you include houseparty sync's up perfectly

#5650 3 years ago

There’s so much content past house party too! Keep trying... when you get all the way through the house ‘They came from space’ multiball is wild! Have you got ‘attack attack’ multi or ‘Directors cut’ it the ‘Gappa Angry’ 6 ball multi yet? Such a loaded game!

Quoted from Pinstein:

I havent played in a couple of weeks. Played 1 game last night and got house party. Best game ever!

#5651 3 years ago

Put up a screaming hot one yesterday. Anyone else break 2 bil yet? I had Scream test (Gappa) All garage multis, house party, They came from space, completed 6 haunts, Directors cut...played one extra ball. didn’t get phone a friend, defeat the clown deadhead or get the Gappa six ball this game. It’s nearly impossible to complete everything in one game. But it’s fun to try! Oh and before anyone asks...normal tilt, glass on

35A3EC2A-33E6-4699-867E-4D7D59F6FF9E (resized).jpeg35A3EC2A-33E6-4699-867E-4D7D59F6FF9E (resized).jpeg
#5655 3 years ago

Nice! What the requirements for flipping the house? Do you have to save Elvira in ‘They came from space’?

Quoted from SKWilson:

I hit 2.4 billion last night on stream. Even sold the house. Your game is more impressive, though. Good going!

#5657 3 years ago

Game actually scores lower now in some areas of gameplay. House party jackpots arent 750k anymore...I think it’s 150k + percentage based on completed haunts.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

You guys got me motivated to install the new update and see if I can crack 2 billion. Good scores

#5663 3 years ago

Have you tried realigning the opto or swabbing it with a Qtip?

Quoted from Syco54645:

my left ramp exit opto is out and i have been waiting on parts. is there a way in the software to tell it to ignore that and award the ramp based on other switches? i havnt even played it for over a month because why bother when you cant actually complete a single mode.

#5665 3 years ago

Ohhhh that’s laaaame

Quoted from Syco54645:

The receiver is dead. The red led doesn't light. It was installed without the spacer so it shorted out on the bracket.

#5666 3 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their Prem backbox speakers to the larger LE type? Does it really make a huge difference? My speakers sound a bit muddy so I would probably change them if the difference were night and day.

#5668 3 years ago

Not so much concerned with bass as I am with overall clarity.

Quoted from javagrind888:

It's a toss up for me. Much more bass in the 4ohm speakers but you have to crank it up to 40+ and the treble doesn't balance out completely. The upgraded subwoofer is a must though.

#5677 3 years ago

I havnt...I honestly didn’t even know you could do that. Music and effects sound nice but Elviras intros / outros sound muddy to me. Maybe it’s just the way it was recorded.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have you played around with the equalizer in the settings to see what sounds best to your ears?

#5708 3 years ago

Anyone else think it’s kind of a drag when you complete all the shots in ‘Directors cut’ and nothing happens? Has it just not been coded yet? Also...I think that the B movie trailer should only play at the end of a game where you actually got to Directors cut. Then it’s kind of a treat for a game well played. Otherwise it’s just kinda cheap.

#5710 3 years ago

It only really makes sense for the trailer to play if youve reached ‘Director's cut’ as that mode is essentially the player hitting shots to print the captured footage onto the ‘B reel’ I think the mode ought to continue past the four series of shots and that the length of the trailer should be solely based on your progress in that mode only. I’m actually surprised that it plays at the end of every game. I’m sure Lyman will fix this at some point. It’s a cool feature but it just doesn’t feel special if you can play a wack game and get it every time.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I love the idea of the B-movie trailer at the end of the game. However, I agree that it shouldn’t play after every game. I think it should tie to a certain level of progress and/or maybe absolute failure.

#5712 3 years ago

But how is there a trailer if the player has not printed a B reel in ‘Directors Cut’? It’s not congruent with the rules of the game for there to be a trailer if the player has not progressed as far as to make one in Directors Cut.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Agree maybe make it slightly more random, or once every few games - or during an abject failure! The comments when you suck are the best. That said, making it to director’s Cut IMO should absolutely not be a prerequisite.

#5715 3 years ago

No one is a good enough player to hit directors cut every time...but that’s what will make the trailer special (also, again...the fact that a trailer exists only makes sense if you play directors cut, that’s just facts)

Quoted from jfh:

I’m not a good enough player to always reach Director’s Cut. :/
I *love* the customized trailers at the end of the game ... leave them as they are!

#5716 3 years ago

This is a quality option

Quoted from RobertWinter:

Given the variety of opinions on when to play the trailers, just make it an adjustment. After achieving Director's Cut only or after a certain percentage (adjustable from 0-100%) of games. Like a match feature.
0% could be only after achieving Director's Cut.

#5721 3 years ago

Happy to hear how I’m wrong. Lmk.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Disagree. But you're entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong.

#5723 3 years ago

Hahaha nooo, I think that the game should not play a personalized trailer if you have not made one in game by playing the ‘directors cut’ mode in which you assemble the collected goons and print them onto the trailer reel. That’s the entire point of the mode...why try to get to it if you get the trailer for free regardless of your success? Everything good in life requires work. No free trailers. That’s my platform haha.

Quoted from Wake2wood:

Ok I guess LMK= let me know. From what I can gather your opinion that % of directors cuts should be adjustable by end user is wrong. Listen, its 2020 and we must accept all rules,regulations, and even "code" that is supplied to us by our leaders!

#5744 3 years ago

I don’t feel like this game is bare at all. It is just well designed. An entire house toy with interactive windows, Three mechanical ball locks, two target banks, three ramps w/ one that lifts to reveal a scoop. Bash gargoyles etc etc...what else would you even put in the game short of monsters that pop out of the playfield a la MM. I never hear people complain about AFM being bare...EHOH has a similar layout and has managed to pack an assload of features while maintaining an open center playfield. Game shoots like BUTTER and is coded to the gills as well. It’s above and beyond the best recent Stern...IMDN is equally great and DP gets honorable mention.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Between the early code and thinking "another Elvira game", I couldn't get over the how empty the game is. I mean, it sits between X-Men LE and Dialed In and with the lights on it IS honestly missing a lot comparably. Sheets showed his love of the old movies and came through on code though so much that I never even notice the boring layout when I play it. The light show is great and it shoots smooth.

#5747 3 years ago

Ahhhh yeah...didn’t think about the basement and crypt as ball locks but that’s absolutely true for Gappa

Quoted from docquest:

Actually you can lock/stage balls in 5 places. Not to many games can do that.
Garage can hold 3 balls
Trunck can hold 2 balls
House cellar can hold 1 ball
House first floor can hold 1 ball
Crypt VUK can hold 1 ball
All those areas are used to great effect with the Gappa Angry mode. Although the center of the playfield is mostly open there is quite a bit of mechanical interaction with the ball in other areas of the playfield. They packed a lot of mechs into the game which is probably why there isnt a pro version since the game would definitely suffer if they removed any of them.

#5788 3 years ago

Is the ramp stuck at all? Motor functioning ok? Lift up the playfield and reseat connections. If the ramp is out of alignment and rubbing the sides you may need to disassemble and install washers.

Quoted from simpswho:

cellardevice lockup error. can anyone help me out with this , Thanks

#5791 3 years ago

That’s odd...I’ve never had that problem

Quoted from simpswho:

The problem happens when backdoor shot is made ramp raises and you con see the ball back there. it come out in everyother mode ?

#5818 3 years ago

You need to completely wipe your USB stick... put only the 3 new files on it, if the stick has anything else on it the update get f’d up. Also, You can’t just drag the folder over...files only.

Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Did that. No dice. They gave these file names in the zip.

#5835 3 years ago

Go for the extra balls, it’ll help you get further into the game. Complete two haunts to light extra ball. Defeat two deadheads to light extra ball. Finish Hand of fate wheel to unlock super hand of fate wheel ( which has an extra ball). You really want to complete your modes (haunts) in this game. Complete four haunts for ‘Directors cut’...love this mode. Get all the way through the house for ‘They came from space’ multi. If you have difficulty completing modes then I’d suggest staging the garage multis in a haunt, they don’t score well anyway on their own. Also, always have a deadhead running while in a mode or prior to starting multiball. When you get to Gappa, slow down your game, take a breather and execute the shots calmly...no flailing. You want all six balls locked for the big show and the big score. I consider 1.5 billion a good score of this table. 2-3billion is possible at current code.

Quoted from PeterG:

Any thoughts on strategy on this game. I just shoot the house to get through the house to house Party, meanwhile trying get throug the wild woman multibal ladder. I reached Gappa Angry 2 times but both sucked. Only getting to level 2. I keep stuck at around 350-400k. How do the playfield multipliers work?

#5838 3 years ago

If you want to become a better player do not ever do this. I suggest you play 3 ball with a normal tilt. Learn the core flipper skills and practice them every time you play. Never flip around or flail, it ruins your muscle memory and effects your ability to focus. Want extra balls? Earn them in the game. No one ever good at anything in life making it easy. If you approach pinball like this you will no longer have to refer to yourself as a “rather crappy player” because...you won’t be.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

I would suggest anybody a rather crappy player like me start their games set on 4 or 5 balls per game just to see the amazing depth and different modes. Then dial it back to 3 balls.

#5841 3 years ago

If you become a better player you will see the depth of the game and you will have earned it. That’s a pretty satisfying feeling. Do what ya’ll like of coarse, I’ll get your participation trophies sent out once I get the payment from your parents. Hahaha (don’t be offended I’m just bustin balls) What’s your high score on a 5 ball as opposed to a 3 ball game?

Quoted from jfh:

Seeing the depth of the game and working on becoming a better player are not mutually exclusive.
I have most of my games set to whatever the default was at time of release (3 or 5) but I have both Batman 66 and EHOH set to 5 balls per game and probably will for a while. I work on becoming a better player but sometimes I don’t want to “work”, I want to just play. Both games have such incredible depth that I probably will never see it all, but with 5 balls per game I don’t worry that a game will be over before I really get started.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with increasing the number of balls per game. It’s your game.

#5844 3 years ago

I buy games because I like the challenge. I compete with myself every time I play...that’s the only thing that keeps coming back, and yeah...it’s entertaining. That’s a byproduct haha. But I get it...some people treat it with respect like it’s a sport (it is) and others like to flip around and look at the pretty lights. Nothing wrong with either approach. But when I invest $50k of my money into pinball...I’m also going to invest my time / energy and take it seriously. Otherwise...it’s just an expensive toy.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

As far as I’m concerned, more balls = more practice. If you drop 8 to 10k on one of these games it is fine to up the ball count to see what the game has to offer. The more I play the better I get. After you get to a certain level you can always dial down the balls per game. Also keep in mind there is usually several different skill levels living under the same roof. Most pinball is played for entertainment and not competition.

#5847 3 years ago

Haha no, of course not. I’ve just sold off six or seven pins in the past few months. Check my collection history.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You spent 50k on ehoh and maiden? Man, you got screwed.

#5849 3 years ago

I’m honestly shocked how many of y’all set your games up 5 ball. I have never once set a game to 5. I feel like if you have a great game it’s meaningless on 5 ball.

Quoted from iceman44:

My purchase my set up. Right on.
I’m a decent player. I play my own pins and don’t care about “tournament”
I always start with 5 ball on a game and then dial it back as the muscle memory kicks in
I can still play TWD with my eyes closed on sound and muscle memory alone

#5853 3 years ago

I think it’s obvious that learning to play conservatively on a three ball game will make you a better player.

Quoted from Cobra:

How does having a game on 4 or 5 ball stop you from becoming a better player? Practice and learning the shots and how to control the ball make me a better player.
So if I play 100 balls I will become better playing 33 games versus 20?

#5855 3 years ago

Sure, but you can do that with three balls too haha. To each their own...I’m just not into 5 ball. I like to work for it.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I would say it gives you a chance to see the sequences needed to advance. Then go back to 3

#5863 3 years ago

I’m gonna be a dick, ready? Why don’t you play 3 ball and EARN the three extra balls in game like you’re supposed to? If you need to set the game to 5 balls to complete the house, get Gappa and Directors cut in one game....you need more practice. EHOH is a very easy shooter...even with a normal tilt setting. What’s your highest score on a 5 ball game?

Quoted from Cobra:

Let's not confuse getting further on a game with becoming a better player.
Playing 3 balls then hitting start and playing another 3 balls isn't going to make you a better player than playing a 5 ball game.
If my goal is to become a better pinball player, playing a game on 3 ball vs. 5 ball won't make a difference.
Playing 5 ball will get me further into the game.

#5866 3 years ago

It’s all good, if ya’ll don’t want the satisfaction of completing the game on factory settings that’s fine. Giving yourself free extra balls is like going on a bike ride as an adult with training wheels on. Or bowling with the gutter guards up. Let’s be real here. But...let’s drop it. It’s a conversation for a different thread.

Quoted from jfh:

Why are you so bent out of shape and insistent on telling people how to set up or play their own games?
Number of balls per game doesn’t matter. Skill level doesn’t matter. Whether you have fun and enjoy your game is all that counts.

#5869 3 years ago

Need I remind you all that this conversation started when someone ASKED how to be a better player on EHOH? If you’re not concerned with playing the game well you can leave the conversation. Bunch of sandbox kids muckin’ about with their $8k toys in here. Adults are talkin’ haha. Go ahead and downvote. Pinball is a game of skill. End of story.

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I always compare the purchase of a pin to a purchase of a car. Some are even priced around the same.
Why anyone has the right (or thinks they do) to tell me HOW to set up my own car, that I worked hard for, paid for and could do anything with, is beyond me. If I want to add something to the engine to make it go faster, are you gonna tell me that I shouldn't do that because it might make me less of a decent driver? Just ridiculous. Not to mention, none of your beezwacks, really.
My gf sucked at pin so she set up a couple of them at 10 balls at some point. Why? Cause she just wanted to have fun and see how far she can get. Why the hell does anyone else care about what I'm doing in my private home with my personal game that I paid close to $10k for? Please give the whole "You'll become a better player" thing a rest. Who said they even wanted to become a better player? Maybe they just wanna have fun and flip some balls around. I even know people in these very forums who don't even play their games much, they prefer to work on them, add mods and trick them out. More power to you!
Your game, your rules.

#5875 3 years ago

Ha! I mean...At least I gave warning.

At least you're right about that.

#5884 3 years ago

I’ve been noticing an odd amount of backdoor awards as well.

Quoted from PiperPinball:

Not sure if someone has mentioned this before in this thread? > But with the new code I am now getting the backdoor shot award more often, even if the ball goes around or near the house.
Anyone else have this issue with the 'backdoor' shot awarding more often that it should?

#5887 3 years ago

For anyone looking to join the club...there’s finally one for sale!

D2D46034-B8E1-449C-80CC-2CBF3D99F79E (resized).pngD2D46034-B8E1-449C-80CC-2CBF3D99F79E (resized).png

#5889 3 years ago

It took me forever to find one myself. Does anyone know (or can estimate) how many EHOH have been produced so far?

Quoted from Rob_G:

There's been a lot of demand for Elvira lately.
Rob

#5891 3 years ago

It’s not listed on here for sale so I’m guessing he doesn’t have an account

Quoted from RobT:

Does anyone know if he is also on Pinside?

#5909 3 years ago

Nice! Happy to help...enjoy! Game is a BLAST

Quoted from RobT:

Yep!

Thanks for posting, this is the one I grabbed. And he is a Pinsider.

#5916 3 years ago

Ummm...wtf? If you’re in Florida go buy this...doesn’t appear to be fake. Dude posted a video of himself with the pin

7AB3D1F8-EEFB-4066-A76E-AAEA969F1F97 (resized).png7AB3D1F8-EEFB-4066-A76E-AAEA969F1F97 (resized).png
#5919 3 years ago

Nope, it was real...sold in about an hour

Quoted from RobT:

Gotta be fake or something wrong at that price. That would be crazy.

#5924 3 years ago

Tell me more! What did he get?

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Yes, it was totally real and a terrific score! My friends bought the seller’s 5 pins for a deal that would make your head spin.

#5926 3 years ago

Jeeeez, don’t tell me he got all that for under $20k

Quoted from tktlwyr:

EHOH, BKSORLE, GB, Beatles Gold and Super Mario Brothers

#5928 3 years ago

That’s incredible, what a score!

Quoted from tktlwyr:

22. The Stern games all had under 200 plays and were purchased NIB in March.

#5939 3 years ago

Normal

Quoted from Yesh23:

Thanks for your help. I was able to figure it out with your help. The next question I have is when my door is closed, there's a small gap and I've noticed this on a few machines (is this normal)? If not how does this adjust? At least everything is working great now
[quoted image]

#5948 3 years ago

GAPPA! The Triphibian Monster shown here visibly displeased.

FD1CFD86-B220-47A4-9694-72F0CFEA7975 (resized).jpegFD1CFD86-B220-47A4-9694-72F0CFEA7975 (resized).jpeg
#5950 3 years ago

I’m not having a problem with that...he’s suspended a bit so I can see under his feet.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

do you have problems seeing the lane lights up there with him hanging out? i put a grim reaper on top of the left bumper, and can just make out the left light, and he's much, much smaller

#5952 3 years ago

Thanks! It’s a Japanese Nitto Daikaiju Gappa figure...pretty hard to find. I got lucky on eBay after looking for an affordable one.

Quoted from Slapfighter:

This Gappa figure is looking gorgeous. Fits perfect.
Where did you get it?

#5956 3 years ago

Yes, and I’ve completed the super hand wheel as well...there is a third wheel after that! The key is to get it lit while in multiball and intentionally let balls drain while the ball save is running.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone achieved the super hand of fate (manos wheel?)? I have a lot of games where I don't even collect one piece of the regular wheel and I think the best I have done is 4 pieces. Unless you're draining left during multiball, it seems like this is something that is extremely difficult to get.
Thoughts?
The Tilt rulesest is quite out of date.
Rob

#5960 3 years ago

Harnessed the power of the GAPPA mod for a new high. 2x GAPPA six ball / House Party / They Came from Space / 2x Directors cut (one completed) Killed Creepo / Super head shot / Phone a Fiend / All Garage multis / Completed Hand of fate and Super Hand of fate wheels / Defeated all Deadheads / Flipped the House...Phew! About 1hr game. 3 balls. Normal tilt. Factory setting.

17A92C36-B64B-44CB-B681-4BF59D484121 (resized).jpeg17A92C36-B64B-44CB-B681-4BF59D484121 (resized).jpeg
#5963 3 years ago

Getting TO Gappa mode I don’t think about much. It’s based on switch hits so I just try to send balls into the pops (via The market value shot) during garage multiballs to build up the freak fryer (and to clear the playfield so I can make shots without interference from other balls. When I get to the Gappa mode I slow down my play to half speed. I trap every time the ball comes back to me and and very consciously pick off the shots (same thing goes for Directors Cut and not so much for They came from Space...that one I just bash till I save Elvira basically. My second Gappa session in this game score 818M alone...nuts!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm having bad games lately, what's yr strategy in getting to gappa?

#5973 3 years ago

Sounds like you’re having some opto probs in trough or house ramp. Run switch test and see if any of them are going off. If they are swab them with a qtip and alcohol if that doesn’t help you may need to replace.

Edit...I watched vids. Is that the garage standup target going up and down? The diverted and ramp behind the house won’t make that noise.

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Has anyone had this issue where the HAUNTS/MODES will start on their own, just by the ball being behind the house + near pops? Haunts seem to start on their own whenever a ball gets around that area (although not all the time, but enough that it's annoying). I also noticed that I'm getting a 2nd ball during GAPPA ANGRY but it doesn't seem like that's part of the game either? (unless Stern added a 2nd ball in the latest code update?)
I thought it was a problem with the house but it appears to be an issue with something BEHIND the house, as I started to hear "klankety-klank" noises when the game was in ATTRACT MODE. I made a couple of videos below. Can anyone advise on what they think it might be? (I'm not a techie but I can pass the information to the service dude who will come to repair it). Thanks!

#5985 3 years ago

Is the wasp woman even in the game? Besides on the backglass? Would be great if that were a future haunt.

Quoted from Methos:

The Wasp Woman isn't too bad, although it's hard to watch knowing what happened to Cabot.

#6034 3 years ago

Pulsing jiggly ‘brain that wouldn’t die’ flasher cover and house clutching Gappa the Triphibian Monster mods

#6037 3 years ago

Anyone figure out what the special holiday code is yet? I’m guessing it’s a midnight madness thing since we have to set the date / time?

#6043 3 years ago

If anyone’s having problems with their vuk shooting straight: pull the plunger and grind the tip to be concave enough so that the ball sits directly in the center. ( use round Dremel sanding bit ) The ball ejects in a random direction because it is never sitting on the same exact spot on the plunger. This fixes it perfectly.

27598C32-470F-47C4-9DB2-9FE0C1B8C9D5 (resized).jpeg27598C32-470F-47C4-9DB2-9FE0C1B8C9D5 (resized).jpeg
#6056 3 years ago

Can someone please write a code hack where Joel and the mst3k bots randomly show up in silhouette and riff on the film footage. Would be such a fun cameo to have in this game.

#6114 3 years ago

You shouldn’t need anything. Mine is a June build and it’s perfect. Edit...def put Mylar in front of left target bank.

Quoted from beefzap:

I have a machine on order for the spring run. What "fixes" or adjustments are needed to get the machine running as it should and to protect the playfield?
As an example, I see the left ramp crate fix on the Pinball life website. Is that still needed?

#6142 3 years ago

If Lyman is reading...the code on EHOH is fantastic! BUT....we need a better light show when you hit Gappa six ball. NO insert light show?!?! Would be really cool to have the inserts flash out from the center outwards like 10x while the flippers are going wild...and have the backbox lighting flash like a strobe light.

#6158 3 years ago

I don’t believe there is an extra bonus but having multiple keys allows you to play multiple locked haunts. Also, there are four haunts represented on the backglass and in the menu that are not yet coded into the game. So there may one day be a total of 7? locked haunts

Quoted from Rob_G:

I've noticed during play that you can get multiple keys, although I'm not sure what additional bonus there is for this, if any?

#6160 3 years ago

I’m not sure what Lyman will do with the additional haunts but part of my strategy is picking haunts with fewer shots on ball one to get the extra ball quickly. So if he adds them stacked on the regular haunts I hope that the player is still able to select which one to play on the LCD ...OR that the stacked haunts have a comparable number of shots.

Quoted from docquest:

I hope that if new haunts are added they dont all go into the secret window. I'd rather have them get randomly picked from the main windows so.you get a chance to play more more. Similar to Batman66 where there are 2 different episodes for each of the main villains.

#6163 3 years ago

Keep cracking at her...I’m working towards 5 billion and I think it’s possible on this table. My high is almost 4 bil to date. Go for the extra balls. My best games are when I really try to focus and try to complete everything in the game and flip the house. If I flail at all it’s game over

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Agreed! I can't tell you how few times I've gotten the The Giant Gila Monster, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians or The Satanic Rites Of Dracula. I think they're fun modes when I get them but I've had the game for almost a year now, and played those modes maybe 2-3 each. And I'm pretty good at the game! (just scored over 1.5B last night) I loooove the game and ain't complaining but with 9 modes overall, why place 1/3 of them in a "secret" window?
I'd also love it if they can make the PHONE-A-FIEND more accessible. I've never gotten to it once...ever.
But even with those small qualms, the game is a blast to play and everyone involved should be super-proud of making one of the best pins of all-time. Truly a great mix of all the best elements.

#6165 3 years ago

Check the scores for EHOH on pinside. I’ve detailed what I did in each game. One of them involved a Gappa 6 ball that net about 880 mil. I’ve not hit 5 bil yet but I think it’s possible.

Quoted from Chalkey:

I enjoy how special they are to get to, wouldnt want to cheapen it.
How the hell are you getting 5 billion? Where do all the points come from?

#6167 3 years ago

It’s not only Gappa of course, you really have to complete nearly every aspect of the game to put up a huge score ...all garage multis and get the super jackpots, house party with as many super jacks as you can nail, They came from space...and complete it (big points) trunk Multi with superjackpots, Phone a fiend (Big points), Directors cut and complete it (big points) defeat all deadheads especially Creepo as you need the super head shot to flip the house. While you’re doing all this you’ve gotta keep raising your multiplyers, using the double bonus wisely. On the 3.7 billion game I had completed all shots in 6 modes with the 3 shots for Trailer trash and played all the hidden haunts as well. In order to do all this you really have to focus on collecting the extra balls (at 2 completed haunts, 2 deadheads defeated and the EB in the super manos wheel). It’s....a lot! The game is just SO PACKED. Haha.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Jesus. I got to gappa 6 ball once and it didnt even GC my game (570mil).

#6176 3 years ago

Going back on the line in March but they will likely only run off 2-500. Most distributors wait lists are long. Production can’t keep up with the demand unfortunately.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When will Stern make more of these?

#6198 3 years ago

If he asked for 5 he’ll get 2.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I really hope I do as well. I just love that game and I will really be disappointed big time if it falls through. Evan at Orange County said he had five available to take deposits for. Did Stern give him those numbers he would receive? And does that mean he will get them? New to the hobby

#6205 3 years ago

Does anyone know ( or could semi- accurately guess ) how many EHOH prem have been produced so far?

#6207 3 years ago

I missed your response somehow. Thanks!

You asked that 40 days ago and I answered you.
Elvira's House of Horrors - The Owner's Club Post #5892

1 week later
#6268 3 years ago

Best of luck to ya’....I’ve been on a list since last February. Thankfully was able to buy an huo a few months back. The wait was killing me.

Quoted from Apex:

Joining the club here in the next few months. I put my order in just before the first. So now the hard part of waiting until the next run.

#6274 3 years ago

All I know is that I’ve been on waitlist since February, I’ve checked in a few times...nothing. I missed out on the June builds because I was too far back on the list w/ Tilt and Cointaker. I honestly don’t think that Stern will surpass 1500 EHOH total at this point. Seems like they made this title for the pinhead collectors only and the game is definitely most costly for them to produce than all of their other premiums. I just can’t see many more being made... with TMNT AIQ LZ ...another 1st quarter cornerstone AND another Kapow coming....it’s not lookin good

You have been on the list since February 2020?? Damn. Doesn’t give me much hope. I put a deposit down in November 2020 with Orange County.

#6277 3 years ago

I ended up buying a low play HUO nearby a few months back but I’m still on the waitlist and it’s been crickets.

Quoted from docquest:

You need to shop around some more. I bought mine in June and at least 2 dealers I talked with at that time had them in stock.

Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Yep, it pay to shop around. We bought one in End of September and we got the second last one they had in stock. Google is your friend.

1 week later
#6315 3 years ago

That’s hilarious

Quoted from PinsOnly:

Maybe they are including the topper.

#6325 3 years ago

If everyone pulled deposits they just wouldn’t run the game period. It’s looking like my theory that EHOH is too costly for them to make money on is true. That’s got to be the reason why they’ve only produced 1070 of them so far. The demand is there but it doesn’t benefit the company to continue to produce when they can just crank out a bunch of bare bones Led Zeppelin’s sell thousands and make a killing.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If everyone would cancel we could take control of this price increase craziness but I know that is not happening so I am keeping my order.

#6339 3 years ago

EHOH most definitely costs Stern more to make than most other premiums. 4 ball lock mechanisms (most games have one) Two Motors (most have zero) Lifting ramp, rotating deadheads door (not other games had this) Advanced Color changing spotlights in three areas, two diverters, entire house toy...man...the list goes on. They spared no expense on this title.

Quoted from jfh:

If people pay it, it will almost certainly become the new normal.
I don’t buy that an Elvira Premium costs Stern more than other Premiums. But if this only applies to Batman and Elvira it seems like an effort to either capitalize on demand or drive those titles from production- not sure which.

#6348 3 years ago

No kidding, I can’t even imagine where another ramp would even fit in this game. Any idea what the original design looked like?

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Actually they did, they removed a ramp that was originally in the design.

#6353 3 years ago

Kind of a moot question as there are no NIB EHOH to be had...and with all this backlash about the $500 increase they likely won’t even run it again. The game will probably never break 1100 total units.

Quoted from Happy81724:

So how much is a decent price for a nib ehoh now?

#6360 3 years ago

They should have used that idea for the topper instead of the $1k paperweight haha

Quoted from jfh:

The other big item removed was a physical wheel of fate below the lower left outlane.

#6365 3 years ago

Unique game specific mechanisms and motors add the bulk of manufacturing costs for Stern. That’s why they avoid putting them in games hence everyone complaining about how “bare” other titles are or crying about the lack of “toys” if it’s not a magnet, spinning disc or a simple coil powered mech (ex. Lifting ramp / subway vuk) it’s expensive to add to a game.

I honestly can’t imagine those extras adds a ton to the cost for those extra motors per game. Would be nice if Stern actually said why we are charging an extra $500 dollars to fulfill orders from last year. No F ing way things changed 11 days into 2021 to justify this increase.

#6371 3 years ago

I agree with you that it is bad business. They ought to have asked $8499 at release or retired the title if they felt it was too costly for them to continue production.

Quoted from BeeGee6533:

That all seems reasonable enough. However, what is not reasonable is that the exact same game with no new mechanisms or changes has been $7999 up until 2 days ago and as of yesterday it is now $8499. And that there are many of us customers who put down $2000 deposits months ago on this game at the $7999 price but have to now pay $500 more as of yesterday. It’s just simply bad business. What is the price going to be on it next week, another $500 more? I realize that I have a choice and can simply cancel my order. But this is not good treatment of loyal customers nor is it a good, ethical business practice in my opinion. This is to say nothing of the roll of the dice with no guarantee on whether the playfield will be of acceptable quality and not chip apart within a few hundred plays. I have won and I have also lost with this crap shoot with stern new in box games. I think many of the newer games are really well designed and are very fun. But after this recent move and decision that they’ve made with Elvira and Batman I am really starting to feel like the customer does not matter to them at all. Not trying to be too dramatic, it’s just quite disappointing.

#6374 3 years ago

Approximately 1070

Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Does anyone know how many have been produced up to now?

#6402 3 years ago

Distributors should honor the original price if a deposit has been made but they won’t as profit margins are paper thin as is.

Quoted from Myles32:

What a cash grab they should have at least honoured the price for people that had money down on the game. Sad .

#6428 3 years ago

Aw man, ya’ beat me by the skin on your teeth! Kudos, not an easy feat!

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Very proud moment. Just got the highest score on pinside.this game was amazing.3 ball factory settings normal tilt.completed all task and sold the house.whew so much fun.this game will never leave
[quoted image]

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6473 3 years ago

No EHOH till AUGUST?!?! That’s insane...I’ve been on a list since last May. June was the last run (I was too far back on the distro list). That’s well over a year with no Elvira on the line. Crazy.

Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Saw this on someone’s Facebook - the next run got pushed to August?
[quoted image]

#6480 3 years ago

I’ve been suspecting that the June 2020 run was the final. They kept putting it off, then raised the price...then pushed back production again. For whatever reason Stern definitely does not want to run this title any longer.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If there’s not that many with deposits left come august they may not even run it again at all.
By that time lz will be run plus 2 more games plus they still have thousands of other games backlogged.

#6484 3 years ago

Unfortunately not, if anyone wants this game I’d hunt for a reasonably price used one soon ...before they are $10k

Quoted from TwilightZone:

Is there any way to actually confirm the next run?

#6487 3 years ago

Little over $10k after tax and ship

Quoted from Mando:

What did the LEs sell for new street price ?

#6501 3 years ago

Don’t get your hopes up. I’ve been asked three times since last June if I’d like to move my deposit over to a different game.

Quoted from jake35:

Anyone else have a deposit with cointaker on the next run? Just completed mine.
[quoted image]

#6568 3 years ago

Soon? They’re not shipping till August.
And thats IF Stern even puts it back on the line.

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Elvira will be joining my collection soon
Thanks to Melissa at Cointaker
Couple questions
Was Elvira effected by color issues in playfield screening (like TMNT)
Or pooling issues in the clear coat (JP / Tmnt)
Super stoked
Been reading through some of the posts and can’t wait
Played her on Location and fell in love with the Mistress of the Dark
Any tips or tricks to make the game play great I’m all ears

E7F3F8C2-ACC7-4601-9A31-038E70D7CFBD (resized).pngE7F3F8C2-ACC7-4601-9A31-038E70D7CFBD (resized).png
#6574 3 years ago

No prob! A lot of us have just been scratching our heads about the odd production pushbacks and price increases etc. Hope it comes through, it’s an amazing game!

All just to clarify I mean soon as eventually
Not tomorrow
I have a pin I am trading in for the Elvira
Just got excited and posted
Didn’t mean to start an up raw of questions about production / build times

#6575 3 years ago

Cointaker is only getting 10 EHOH total and there is ONE spot left. You heard it here first. Go get it.

7DAA012E-E7E8-451F-A07E-F78A46E3CC71 (resized).png7DAA012E-E7E8-451F-A07E-F78A46E3CC71 (resized).png
#6576 3 years ago

Cointaker is only getting 10 EHOH in August and there is ONE spot left. Go get it or regret it.

8CDF2748-B59E-403C-807D-200BEA0FD60D (resized).png8CDF2748-B59E-403C-807D-200BEA0FD60D (resized).png
#6578 3 years ago

You’re distributor is wrong.

Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

I was told April production on January 14th from my distributor. Fingers crossed I get one then but in the mean time looking for a used one! Already purchased side armor and shooter rod! haha

#6579 3 years ago

August....this is Sterns 2021 production schedule this far. See EHOH...

Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

I was told April production on January 14th from my distributor. Fingers crossed I get one then but in the mean time looking for a used one! Already purchased side armor and shooter rod! haha

CC7FA795-F949-47ED-A1C1-A9457CA95C36 (resized).pngCC7FA795-F949-47ED-A1C1-A9457CA95C36 (resized).png
#6588 3 years ago

They wouldn’t have done it if all these fools weren’t paying $1-$3k for bunk ass toppers haha. Rich mans hobby...just because you have it doesn’t mean you should flush it down the proverbial toilet on junk (BK topper excluded) Really opens the door for fuckery.

Quoted from Vino:

Just got caught up. Weak sauce for stern to raise price on those with deposits. Hope they reconsider.
The distributors must really love making that call/email to customers.

#6656 3 years ago

The only thing I miss with the Prem is the mirrored backglass. Everything else is easily obtainable.

Quoted from jake35:

Is there any reason to buy the LE over the premium? Other than the powder coating I can't see much else.

#6663 3 years ago

Sold in....4 minutes? That’s a crazy good deal for all you put into it. The buyer must be pumped.

Quoted from drbrain:

Got it listed tonight. Here is a link to the listing:

Sale Pending!

Elvira's House of Horrors (Premium Edition)

New!
Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Reluctantly selling my EHOH (Elvira's House of Horrors Premium) with a ton of MODS. Bought new and I am the first and only owner. Very low plays under 50. I will list all the MO...”

3 hours ago

Kutztown, PA

9,000 (OBO)

drbrain

#6678 3 years ago

I guess time will tell. They’ve got AIQ, JP, DP and TMNT orders coming out March / April and then there will be another new game announced will which hold up the line after that, then a summer release. So I honestly don’t see how they will get EHOH and BM66 on the line even for a small run until at least mid / late summer. They are definitely not a priority for Stern as they are currently juggling 5 of their biggest licenses. With new announcements coming the backlog will only deepen and games that aren’t as popular with or have a higher BOM (EHOH BM66 IMDN prem) are gonna take the brunt of it.

Also, Kaminkow has Harry Potter which will come out this year. That ought to be the nail in the coffin for EHOH and BM66

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am still hearing April as well. Time will tell but I think all the doomsday talk of it being pushed back indefinitely or never made again are exaggerated.
The schedule posted a few pages back was in reference to August last year which as we all know has been pushed back several times. Next to it is the Q1 schedule which says TBD. I think it will be before August although production as discussed may be limited for that run. I would wager a large sum of money we haven't seen the last of NIB EHOH.

#6684 3 years ago

Yeah, fact of the matter is as of this month Stern does not know when it’s going back on the line. I got a confirmation from Cointaker for August...but...they don’t even really know.

This seller states April but only time will tell
With everything going on at Stern I agree there is a lot of games being built and only so many hours in the day
They should ot kept the old factory as well to help with production
[quoted image]

#6705 3 years ago

That’s F’n amazing. Killer mod!

Quoted from docquest:

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.
Would people be interested in this mod?

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New plastics with built in display:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#6772 3 years ago

It’s TBD on the Stern schedule. You don’t know that. I’d bet money that they postpone for the fourth time.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

They are making more. Probably both in the April and July/August timeframes.

#6775 3 years ago

Scam.

Quoted from Enchantress:

This says it's still available
Pinball Alley LLC.
ELVIRA'S HOUSE OF HORRORS LE
PRICE: $8,795.00

DF0F48FC-EAD7-4901-B632-90675AF78658 (resized).pngDF0F48FC-EAD7-4901-B632-90675AF78658 (resized).png
#6792 3 years ago

Dealers should not take full payment for games they don’t have access to and then refuse to refund the buyer.

Quoted from Enchantress:

Purchased Vampire pin from Pinball Alley a year ago and no problems. Just noting the ad that I saw. It’s up to the potential buyer to confirm if the pins still available...

#6868 3 years ago

That’s Gappa the Triphibian monster dawg. It’s a hard to find Japanese Kaiju figure. They go for about $150-$300 depending on condition. Try eBay.

Quoted from simpswho:

Hi there really like your santa and your gila monster mods , might I ask where you found them . Thanks

#6925 3 years ago

Nice, where did you source the ufo?

Quoted from bloodydrake:

so i've been lazy and haven't done any maintenance in while so this am took things apart and had a look.
I was finding that my trunk door wasn't raising as high or snappy any more.. taking the front off the trunk I could see hinge screw was almost completely out and the end was stripped abit(just lifting the lid manually and wiggling it popped out so was gonna happen any game) got that all reattached and its working great now.
I also used a cloths hanger to create a bracket that i superglued to little ufo .. want to see if with vibration it will stay attached or if I'll need to get an epoxy.
I really like the spot beside the house you get the spotlights and its were a couple saucers are on the backboard.. if it stays secure for a couple weeks I'll work on converting the internal led lights on it to run off of power vs batteries. overall tho I think it really matches the game well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6947 3 years ago

Gargoyles are designed to hit the glass. Push a bit of JB Weld up his butt, that ought to hold him.

Quoted from Nato01:

Hi guys, I received this game NIB about 3 weeks ago and love it!!!! Probably the best pinball I’ve ever owned/played! Amazing.
I’ve played 132 games on it so far and have had only a couple of things. The screw and nut came off one of the gargoyle rods, starting hitting the glass. Done, easy fix. But another one of the gargoyles has flown off! Do you just super glue it back on!? Won’t stay.
Also getting over the bloody ball not locking and just rolling back down when i shot a open house shot to start a mode! I have looked into it but can’t quite work it out. I’m going to have to investigate more. Starting to get very annoying.
Would appreciate your support. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7002 3 years ago

Imagine owning a $9k pin and not even bothering to see what’s in the game, yikes.

Quoted from adam12hicks:

Can I ask a dumb question? What's up with the Elvira HoH shooter rod? I have the amber rod on my JP Premium sitting next to it, and feel like I need a nice modded shooter rod on my HoH, but the custom rod clown thing doesn't seem to match anything in the game at all? A Gargoyle would have been great. One of Elvira's boobs would have worked. There's so many options that AREN'T what Stern released. What am I missing?

1 week later
#7049 3 years ago

Maybe it can squeeze out a little warm breast milk for you when you’re hungry too.

Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I wish that there was a special shooter rod where it’s one of Elvira’s boobs. It needs to be squeezable as well. I’m not going to buy the one that’s available now as it’s kinda generic looking. I’m just getting the art blades and shaker motor. I get my pin in April.

#7068 3 years ago

I wouldn’t say that’s a design flaw, nudging is just part of pinball. Just give a little bump with your left hand when the ball is rolling inwards out of the pops. It gives just enough force to prevent a sdtm situation.

Quoted from adam12hicks:

Man I love this game. But the uncontrollable slow roll from the pop bumpers STDM between the flippers can be maddening. I'm not a big slam tilt guy, just a casual player, so I do wish they had addressed this. And the hitting slings on left side loop descent, but I'm waiting for the larger bumper to fix that issue and adjust that rail / guide.
But other than that, you walk up and play it casually and it seems just fun and simple, but then when you really start going for the modes and trying to get to director's cut, it's a pretty challenging game. I expect to keep it around a long time.

#7072 3 years ago

Yes, all three versions are the same exact playfield.

Quoted from PinsOnly:

Are all the plastics the same on all 3 variations of the game? Playfield art too?

#7099 3 years ago

The supply has been dried up for a year now. Stern pushed back production after June 2020 to TBD 2021 (apparently April...I’ll believe it when I see it). Took me forever to find one on the secondary market. People who own it don’t want to let it go so you just don’t see it around...not to mention the fact that there are only about 1100 in existence thus far.

Quoted from jake35:

This game is truly amazing. I picked up these two machines last weekend on a single road trip.
Why is the Elvira supply drying up these days? I looked for an LE for weeks before getting one. I also have the Stern topper in the box, bought it before even finding the machine since these were getting hard to find as well.
[quoted image]

#7142 3 years ago

HUO EHOH premium available in Providence, RI. Stern shaker motor, stern art blades, Rare 70’s Japanese Gappa figure (very hard to find and stupidly expensive) Spooky trees around house that match the backglass, Jiggly Brain flasher cover. Trades considered for TMNT, AIQ, or DP pro plus cash on your end. My location is opening back up and I don’t want to route this game for obvious reasons haha. Belongs at home with a hungry collector.

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

HUO EHOH premium available in Providence, RI. Stern shaker motor, stern art blades, Rare 70’s Japanese Gappa figure (very hard to find and stupidly expensive) Spooky trees around house that match the backglass, Jiggly Brain flasher cover. Trades considered for TMNT, AIQ or DP pro plus cash on your end. My location is opening back up and I don’t want to route this game for obvious reasons haha. Belongs at home with a hungry collector.

#7157 3 years ago

It’s likely not planking but the wood grain showing through. Nothing can be done about that really.

Quoted from BigT:

My LE playfield has minor planking, just enough to irritate me. Will getting it restored get rid of the planking?

#7159 3 years ago

No one knows, but the game is already FULL of content. You likely won’t see it all unless you’re a near professional player.

Is there anymore firmware updates coming out for the machine? I get my machine end of April and from what I’ve been reading from everyone, the updates have made the game a lot more fun and enjoyable. Do the firmware updates ever add video, movie clips, or music?

#7165 3 years ago

It’s not unacceptable, it passed QC. It’s literally just the wood grain of the playfield. He will have no luck requesting a new playfield.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Still unacceptable for a relatively new pin

#7168 3 years ago

There’s no way a brand new game would have gone through a process of extreme heating, cooling and moisture fluctuations that would cause the paint and clear to plank off of the playfield. It’s wood grain.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Post a photo and we can tell you for sure

#7171 3 years ago

Right, I’m giving him the information and letting him know that he has nothing to worry about. I AM on the internet AND I know it ALL...so...I’m not sure else how to be, ok? Haha (I’m kidding)

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Agreed. But instead of being internet know-it-alls, we could just see a photo and be done with it. Back when I was a new owner, I would have appreciated the confirmation

#7183 3 years ago

Yeah that’s no biggie dude. Most EHOH have a bit of the wood grain showing through. It’s just how it was manufactured. Enjoy, and be pumped you’ve got such a sought after pin! A lot of people would take one with bullet holes in it at this point haha

Quoted from BigT:

You guys are tight it is the wood grain that I am seeing. As I said earlier it is very minor, I am not expecting any compensation from Stern. Here are the pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#7200 3 years ago

I could fill a dumpster with all the downvotes hurled at you

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Tough crowd here.

#7201 3 years ago

New runs are shipped with updated code, hope you get your game!

That’s great news!! I have one ordered and deposit put down. Will they ship with the latest code?

#7213 3 years ago

Ayyy...friendly reminder that you staaarted itttt. Gary!

Quoted from Utesichiban:

LOL. What are we in junior high now?

#7217 3 years ago

I don’t care much for any of the available blades for EHOH unfortunately so I’d go with mirrors.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Best art on pinblades for this tittle/ anyone?

1 week later
#7335 3 years ago

Saying goodbye to my EHOH today and the buyer just wanted the bare bones game. Anyone interested in the hard to find vintage Japanese Gappa figure and six spooky trees that I drilled and looped with jewelry wire for easy install? I’ll also throw in a cool jiggly brain that glows when you use it as a flasher cover. The Gappa just looks so F’n awesome in the game. Looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory.

8BC78B58-9202-4E42-9363-CEAEAB54654E (resized).jpeg8BC78B58-9202-4E42-9363-CEAEAB54654E (resized).jpeg
#7374 3 years ago

What is currently buggy will be fixed very quickly. This is LYMAN, he is the king.

I just don’t want the new code if it’s buggy. Once a new code drops can you still download the previous code?

1 week later
#7566 3 years ago

You don’t have a $1k topper. You have a $100 topper that you paiiiid $1k for haha.

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Topper bug issue? I installed my $1k topper last night (yeah, I'm embarrassed but wtf, there's a pandemic, that's my excuse) and it looked great on the machine, nice light show but disappointing "lack" of appearances by Elvira, who even set to 100% barely shows up. Anyhoo, it's cool when she does and hopefully they add more in later code.
But since then I've played a few games with no issues but then suddenly my score starting multiplying "on its own" like in big chunks in the middle of a game (I'm talking 10-20-50M in one shot) and even one time when I just started a game -- it automatically rolled the score up to around 450M before I even plunged. In fact, I believe it even plunged on its own.
All that to say, the game is acting wonky since I installed the topper. Anyone else run into this issue or may have an idea of what might be happening?

#7577 3 years ago

Lol I’m good, sold the game for $2k more than I paid. Too easy of a shooter for me.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's now selling for more than msrp. Too bad you missed out

#7585 3 years ago

Not really, considering the Gappa cost me $40...and then I sold it for $200. Anyway...maybe you’ll own an EHOH one day, until then

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, kind of like paying $200-$300 plus for a small Japanese Gappa figure to stick in your game.

#7588 3 years ago

No, it’s worth $200-$300 and now you’re going on my ignore list.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you are publicly admitting here that you exaggerated and lied about it’s value to sell it? Cool.

#7652 3 years ago

Stern is also making more JP pro/prem, IMDN pro/prem as well as EHOH. I think it’s realistic to say they’ll open the line for one week each per model before running the new game that has yet to be announced. So...250 is my estimation.

Also of note: production of JP prem has been pushed to April as Stern is waiting on step motor parts from China that have not yet arrived in CA. Heard a similar story about IMDN prem aaand not sure if it’s the same motor that’s in EHOH. Could be awhile.

Quoted from Superpops1:

How many games will be produced next month? I have heard Stern can produce about 50 games per day once they are all tooled up and rolling. If its a 2 week run that would be about 500 games in total assuming they don’t work weekends in production, if its mon - sat shifts then 600 games.
I am super excited to have my order in.

#7653 3 years ago

I’ve shipped with USPS nearly everyday for the past 20 years. Pack well and your item will arrive safe and on time. Pack like shit (a la Stern toppers)...your likely gonna have a prob. You can’t stick a 40 lb slab of cheap metal in a thin cardboard box and expect the item to be safe on arrival. Has nothing to do with USPS and everything to do with Sterns cost cutting and general greed.

I was shocked there was no foam. My BKSOR topper did and it was much lighter and half the price. USPS still sucks.

#7656 3 years ago

Pretty sure that the April builds may not even happen in April...see my earlier post.

Quoted from FlaMike:

According to Stern, they are accepting Elvira orders but they don't have a build scheduled to fulfill those orders. The April run is sold out.

#7657 3 years ago

April build ain’t happening if you ask me.
See my earlier post and this...

Quoted from FlaMike:

According to Stern, they are accepting Elvira orders but they don't have a build scheduled to fulfill those orders. The April run is sold out.

2396255F-976F-47B3-9F7F-DF7A7DB5A4B8 (resized).png2396255F-976F-47B3-9F7F-DF7A7DB5A4B8 (resized).png
#7663 3 years ago

I’ve shipped thousands of items over the past 20 years, no complaints, no damages, all delivered in estimated time frames depending on method. They are not a for profit organization, they are a federal service. Also, you spelled ‘lose’ wrong.

USPS sucks sorry. They take forever, loose and damage boxes. They are constantly in the hole by 100’s of millions of dollars. The government runs them that’s why. They never turn a profit. Their prices have gone way up and I stopped using them a few years ago. Never again unless I am mailing something like papers or cards.

6EDFEF7B-F61B-4605-BA5B-735676E683F2 (resized).png6EDFEF7B-F61B-4605-BA5B-735676E683F2 (resized).png
#7665 3 years ago

Haha I don’t work there but I think that support of the USPS is important on so many levels. For voting, passports...check cashing and bill paying for inner city folks, employing so many Americans and Veterans. I just think taking a shit on the USPS is wildly Un-American position. Especially for nit picky “late packages” pricing complaints and poorly packaged things getting damaged. GTFOH...for profit package/ mail services do no better, cost more and are not age old American institutions.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How long you been working there?

#7667 3 years ago

There are many reasons why I don’t live in LA...the state of the local usps ain’t one of em haha

You might reconsider your position if you lived in the LA area the last couple of years.

#7706 3 years ago

17B is suspect, 4-5Billion is a hot game. Definitely read the full rule book.

Quoted from isJ:

Just picked up an Elvira HOH and am having fun figuring out the game on my own, however, now that I see a 17b score I am wondering if there are any 'must-know scoring tactics' such as when to stack the 4x playfield. I have read the Tilt forums rules but haven't dug too far for any videos, etc.

#7708 3 years ago

Gappa Angry is the mode for sure...I think my high just for GAPPA alone was 2.4bil. ‘They came from Space’ has pretty hearty scoring as well. The games where I focus on progression towards selling the house and completion of movie modes typically net the highest scores.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You get the playfield multiplier relatively often - I believe Gappa Angry and House Party are the biggest scoring modes. House Party you can keep going for quite a while with strategic use of the Wheel.

#7710 3 years ago

The key in Gappa is to nail those backdoor sneak in after each lock. I got it down pat at one point and ended up getting Gappa Angry 6 ball three times in one game haha.

Quoted from RobT:

I almost always score a lot more points in They Came From Space than Gappa Angry. You have to beat Gappa Angry in order to get the big points, which is a lot harder to do than beating They Came From Space (which has the add a ball feature).

#7714 3 years ago

Haha I put up 89+billion on my Bally AFM one day (glass on)...and then listed it for sale the next. Figured I’d never top it. I did 3x ROTU with insane victory lap multis on the second go. Mental game.

Quoted from Completist:

17B is no problem when the glass is off
One day i was testing my AFM (with glass off) after fixing a switch matrix issue. Ended up REALLY play testing it - put up new GC haha. Man i was on fire that day, its like some strange magic was preventing the ball from draining...
Then a week later Coyote came over and topped it. But with the glass on. Fuckin show off lol.

#7721 3 years ago

Don’t you Aussies play 5 ball over there?

Quoted from extendo:

You guys have Elwin and we have Macca [quoted image]

#7732 3 years ago

Zero, I’ve been saying this for 6 months. JP and GOTG are on the line now...IMDN and EHOH are held up again due to motor parts holdup from China.

Odds of Stern shipping out any Elviras in April for those with deposits put down last year?

#7734 3 years ago

I think they are just running pros. They should retire GOTG, IMDN and BM66 then move on to new titles and JP prem and EHOH backlogs imo.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are they making any gotg prem or just pros?

#7747 3 years ago

Anyone get any word from their distributors about shipping NIB EHOH this month?

1 week later
#7782 3 years ago

They were never going to be made in April. Cointaker confirmed that they were expecting their allotment of 10 units in August 2021. Currently, there is an additional holdup on IMDN Prem and EHOH due to sourcing motor parts from China. I bet Utesichiban is happy he didn’t make that bet with me

Quoted from Apex:

Has anyone reached out to distributors recently? Saw on FlipnOut that they are showing a 2022 delivery for premiums now? Hope that is just that he has too many on his list to deliver all for his next allotment.

#7785 3 years ago

I posted screenshots of my communication with Melissa from Cointaker where she said August months ago. You swore up and down that they would be on the line and shipping out in April and we know for a fact that’s not the case. So, yeah...you just let me know when you get this thing ok? Ive already sold mine to someone smart enough to buy on the secondary market.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

If there is a delay, it won't be until August. Next month or June at the latest but not August (some production for games in front of EHOH appears to have been pushed back 2-3 weeks due to parts issues but they appear to have resumed production).
Nothing I have heard from multiple distributors supports the misinformation you continue to post here.

#7793 3 years ago

I sold the game for a fair price to a friend, nice false narrative though. “Distributor said...blah blah blah”. Fact of the matter is...the distributors have been wrong about the next run since JUNE 2020. I myself am STILL on a waitlist for another one. It has not come through and it’s been about a year. I only ever wanted to impart to people who want the game that you should BUY IT when it comes up for sale because Stern is not in the business of rushing a high BOM niche game to your door. You have been wrong this entire time and you won’t admit it. Meanwhile you are filling people with false hope. My point is...don’t claim to know when the game is coming. You don’t know that. Anyway, Thanks for playing... you’re going back on my ignore list now haha.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Hey, at least your attempts to paint the picture it would never be made again or at best,, late in the year helped pump up your games value for a sale, right? I heard from a distributor today that they've been pushed back 3 weeks for the exact same reason the games in front of EHOH were pushed back (semiconductor parts and supply issues).
The EHOH production that ha been scheduled for April is pushed back to May due to this issue. The fact this came up recently due to supply chain issues doesn't change the fact production was scheduled for April. It isn't being pushed back to August/September like you are saying.
Frankly, I'm not the least but concerned about a month delay. Just setting the record straight so others waiting on their orders know what apparently is happening.

#7796 3 years ago

All of the info you’ve received from distributors has been wrong...for like...6 months dude. Don’t be a clown. Someday maybe one of your estimations will be correct and you’ll pat yourself on the back but you will have been wrong 100 times beforehand.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah well, I'll take multiple distributors word and the update they received today from Stern over your opinion.

#7800 3 years ago

What is juvenile is your inability to admit you were wrong after swinging a big stick and goading me on to take a bet on April delivery. I didn’t take your bet, it would have been unfair as I knew for a fact that you were wrong. That’s called having integrity.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Whatever you say boss. I will be drawn no further into your juevenile vitriol.

#7804 3 years ago

Certain people are saying it’s pushed back one month putting production in May...right when the new game drops? Extremely unlikely. You think Stern is going to put EHOH in front of Back to the future or Godzilla or Mortal Kombat?

Contacted my distributor and he has no updates

#7813 3 years ago

Damn, this thread is getting ice cooold hahaha

Quoted from RobT:

Actually, he's right, and technically you aren't an owner (yet).
Since this is the Owner's Club thread...

#7819 3 years ago

I appreciate your apology, thank you.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Updates on production and shipping are commonplace in other owner's threads like the Jurassic Park Premium/LE thread. Some here have been hoping for good news and updates when they'll officially be joining the club for some time now. In that regard, it is understandable.
My guess is it is the nature of some of it that led to the comments. I personally apologize to the club for engaging with those that insist orders are pushed back indefinitely. Pissing contests don't have a place here and I will refrain from being a part of any of that in the future.

#7846 3 years ago

Ya’ll should just settle this by posting your high scores on EHOH. Whoever wins, wins and then you can both shut up haha.

Quoted from RobT:

You're cool.

#7853 3 years ago

Nice, that’s a solid game

Quoted from RobT:

Ok
[quoted image]

#7870 3 years ago

My honeymoon period with EHOH lasted about 3 months. After I started putting up 3+ billion consistently and having hour long games where I completed everything in the code I was done with it. If you are a really good player EHOH likely won’t last a year in your collection. That being said, Everyone saying it’s bolted has a point. It’s one of Sterns recent bests BUT...it’s a very easy shooter. And yeah, after getting good at the game 20 min games just tend to piss you off and leave you dissatisfied.

Quoted from pinchamp:

I just sold my Batman66. Loved the game at first but then found to really get into the game you have to play so long and through so many modes. My plan was to sell BM66 and buy EHOH. But I am concerned that EHOH is going to also need me to play a long time to get deep into the code. I like to play a game with deep code but also code that if I can hit the shots I can get deep into it without playing to 30 minutes. Can anyone speak to this and the time it takes to get deep into the game if you make great shots.
I found with BM66 if I didn’t have a 20 minute game I left unsatisfied and felt I really didn’t get much done.

#7872 3 years ago

I got to play ACNC once and it absolutely infuriated me...so I wanted to buy it immediately haha. Never got around to it, someone just offered me one in trade for my LOTR but I’m on the hunt for newer Stern pros since my location is opening back up. I will say, the one thing o hate about ACNC is that when you beat it it just drains your ball, game over. That’s Fkd...give me victory laps at least!!!

Quoted from Damonator:

You should give ACNC a try - the modes are fun and varied on the objectives, and it is *not* an easy shooter. It forces you to become more accurate in order to succeed. It’s a great theme as well.
Disclaimer: I have an ACNC and love it, but have an EHOH Prem in order (yet would take an LE if the right deal came along).

#7878 3 years ago

Please, if you can’t break a billion on EHOH you’re not a very good player. I know how to setup a pin and I’ve owned over 35 in the top 100. I also have a location. Just last week I played an EHOH in a league setting and put up 1.5 billion. My high is about 4 billion normal tilt, factory settings, factory outlanes and recommend pitch.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Yall must have your shit set up at baby game level. Nobody has topped 600m on mine. If you're getting over a billion a game time to make some changes.
Don't listen to the guys that don't know how to set up a pin. This game is the goat and gets played daily in a house with 14 titles.

E37DEC0C-38B3-4008-8876-F4811B426E34 (resized).jpegE37DEC0C-38B3-4008-8876-F4811B426E34 (resized).jpeg
#7880 3 years ago

If you prefer hard brutal fast games, skip EHOH. I love TWD JP BSD EATPM TMNT...the more I have to worry about lightening fast drains and have to struggle to trap and keep control the more I’m into a game basically. I really like something that keeps me on my toes.

Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks for this as it is what I need to hear. This is totally what I am worried about. I love my walking dead and it will never leave because it kicks my ass over and over and then when I get that great game 10-15 min maybe a bit more it is so satisfying. Loving JP pro right now too because of the same reason. Now I really have to consider EHOH.... I’m not afraid of it won’t last forever but how long does for me until it hits that point? Batman was only 800 games. I’d like more than that for sure.

#7881 3 years ago

It IS a great game and the code / rule are where it shines, for me it got old in a 4 pin home setting and I sold it in about a year. I would have just brought to my location but we have been closed due to covid. I will say I don’t think I’ll ever buy a fan layout pin for a home collection ever again.

I never say it’s bolted to the floor as anything can move at any point, however this machine will not be moving anytime soon. It’s one of the best with one of the all time greatest programmers that continues to revisit code as time goes on. Game is far from shallow with lots of code for progression but it also has the quick fun factor for those who don’t follow the coding.
Play one for yourself before dropping close to 9 or 10k on one, follow your own guidance not others.

#7884 3 years ago

You’re a casual player and that’s fine. Folks that I play with that are very serious players typically blow this game up. In home, on location, steep tilt, waxed, dirty, whatever, It’s an easy shooter. That does not make it a BAD game, it’s just easy shooter and that is FUN. A friend of mine has a 5.8 bil GC and his game is steep, factory settings and normal tilt. There are no real difficult shots or ramps, no East / West play...the dangerous bounces and sdtm drain are easily recognizable and dealt with. It’s a very smooth wide open fan layout, it’s very welcoming and it’s a great game. But nasty players will get bored over time. I’ve seen it happen and it happened to me.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Your game is dirty, your slings are gapped too wide, your tilt setting is baby game, and you should maybe take a look at your outlanes and game level.

#7887 3 years ago

A tournament player who’s GC on EHOH is 600 million? I’d love to play against you someday ha ha

Quoted from Chalkey:

Yes. Steeper /= more challenging. Tournament player, owner, operator of non-baby games.

#7890 3 years ago

I’ve put up over a billion quite easily on three different EHOH fyi...one home game, a tourney game with no outlane rubbers and location game with wide open outlanes. I’m glad you love the game. I loved it too...but I also made out really well on the sale and bought two NIB games haha sooo I’m good.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Not big tournaments you're right I suck but you still have a baby game. Most any pin is as hard as you have it set up. You did yourself a disservice, this game is incredible.

#7912 3 years ago

Honestly, you’ve got too many fan layouts for a collection that size imo. You’re gonna wanna dump either BM66 or AFM for EHOH to compliment that collection. This is just my opinion, no one get mad please.

Quoted from cscmtp:

will the premium EHOH go well with this collection? Met Prem, Iron Maiden Prem, STLE, BM66, GB Prem, JP Prem, AIQ Prem, DP Prem, MBrLE, AFMrLE, WH20?

#7920 3 years ago

Man...you should read the rule book. House party and Gappa are pretty early in the rules. You can get to Gappa on ball one if you keep a garage multi in the pops. Even finishing the house and playing ‘They came from space’ isn’t the end of the game. There is so much more to this game than your seeing. Have you played phone-a-fiend? Or beat Creepo? Or sold the house?

Quoted from Chalkey:

It's perfect IMO. Get to gappa on a real good game, get to house party about halvsies, and the house has been completed only once

#7928 3 years ago

Quoted from Superpops1:

I’ve heard its going into production this week, can anyone verify?

#7931 3 years ago

Nice! Get em allll then

Quoted from cscmtp:

Well luckily I have plenty of room and income to get new pins without selling anything else. (and this is only the 2nd year of my 50 years on this planet that I've been in this position, feel very blessed to finally be here)
And ironically I played my BM66 today for the first time in months if being honest, and forgot how great it is. Love the minor villain modes...they make the game

#7956 2 years ago

Clear your USB stick and reinstall current code. Reseat node board cables and look around for any obvious shorts, near mechs usually. Also, if you’ve changed any of the bulbs a bad led can knock out functions. Spike system will almost shutdown completely if there’s a short in order to protect the boards.

Quoted from lasermel:

Been a while and casually searched for this, but is anyone having issues where the game gets "stuck" booting and you have to power cycle it to get it to boot correctly? Latest code. Also, started trunk multiball and the flippers quit on me. This is a first.
Anyone?
Thx

#7981 2 years ago

Ask Utesichiban ...he knows everything.

Does anyone know when the next batch of Elvira machines are coming out? I have mine pre-ordered through The Pinball Place in New Ulm, Minnesota. They say that the last thing they were told is “end of April”. Now they say they have no idea when I will get my machine. Does anyone have any info? I contacted Stern but they haven’t emailed me back.

#7986 2 years ago

The fact remains that if potential buyers listened to me they would have an EHOH right now, because they would have sought one out on the secondary market, if they listened to you they would not. You don’t have any insider information like you pretend to and you take distributors word on everything. Distributors are full of it, now you know. And again, I sold my EHOH to a friend for fair market value so I’m not sure why you continue to paint me as some market manipulator. It’s ridiculous.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
I just choose to pass on information I've heard from my distributors. I've never had any financial interest in exaggerating about when or whether the game will be made again to line my own pocket...

#7988 2 years ago

Nice, why wait indefinitely right? I bought one and sold it in the middle of being waitlisted. I’m actually STILL on the list haha. I’m not gonna buy again when my number gets pulled though.

Quoted from jake35:

I bought an LE 2 months ago from the original owner.. Had a deposit with cointaker for a premium but got tired of waiting...

#7996 2 years ago

Stern is not making any more Stranger Things Premium unfortunately

Quoted from Rascal-911:

I asked last month and no ETA except sometime in May, maybe. And looking at what people are saying here, its doesn't look good for delivery this year.
Was thinking on trying a Stranger Things Prem in the meantime, but would rather have Elvira.

#8002 2 years ago

Looks like the latch for the lock bar.

Quoted from coasterguy:

He guys I’m installing some cliffys and plastics in Elvira today and I found this after I put some things back together. It was in the cabinet
Should I be worried?
[quoted image]

#8024 2 years ago

Been saying this for 6 months. Noone has ears.

Quoted from Apex:

I would say May is not happening now with the Mandalorian just announced.

#8031 2 years ago

so why then, has EHOH not been on the line in a year? Demand has been HIGH, deposits paid....where are the games? They ran the new games along with JP IMDN and GOTG instead.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Stern has more than one assembly line. They aren't like other companies that can only run one game at a time. That's one of their strengths.

#8050 2 years ago

The Stern shaker is $40 more and it is ballistic, crazy rumbling....lots of glass rattle. Too strong imo, I prefer the cheaper, more chill Pinball life shaker.

Quoted from bwill:

Question…. this was my first modern pin and I was thinking of adding a shaker. Is there any difference between the Stern brand shaker motors and what is on pinball life? Other than $20 bucks?

#8058 2 years ago

Yes, but why buy the more expensive shaker that you have to turn down to the level of the cheaper one.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

You know you guys can just turn down the strength of the shaker motor right?
All you have to do is adjust the weights until you get a rumble strength to your liking. Very easy to do, and you can tailor the rumble to your specific preferences.
I've got a 100 year old house, and I always have to soften the shakers on my games. Otherwise, they shake the whole house.

#8093 2 years ago

I’ve been saying it for a year.

I just got off the phone with my distributor. We were talking about my chances of getting a Mandalorian Le for MSRP (which is zero by the way). We talked a little Elvira too. He told me that the most recent run of Elvira was cut short and all plans to do another run has been pushed off at least until 2022. He also said the profit margin just isn’t there on that game because it is more difficult than most to assemble. More hours of labor = less money for Stern. Because of this he feels Elvira will never see the assembly line again. That being said, if you want one - buy it on the secondary market.

#8110 2 years ago

L O L

Quoted from unlockpinball:

Why wait for Stern to do another run. ClassicGamerooms.com has the game in stock with free shipping!!

7A6314BC-9991-426E-967C-5113006D23C8 (resized).jpeg7A6314BC-9991-426E-967C-5113006D23C8 (resized).jpeg
#8113 2 years ago

GAPPA!

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone who loves modding their machine in here that can recommend something for the top right hand corner? I've got a cool black spider on the left top side but seems like I can put something on the top right as well. I actually bought a werewolf figure from Ebay but it turned out to be too big for that spot.[quoted image]

C70D25AF-5B13-4B6A-8777-5D8004014EDC (resized).jpegC70D25AF-5B13-4B6A-8777-5D8004014EDC (resized).jpeg
#8118 2 years ago

It’s the distributors fault, not Sterns.

Quoted from KlownHammer:

I for one very much appreciate your optimism.. cause we sure arent getting it from Stern. Any news on this is something and for some of us the reassurance is the best news we've hear all day.
I had no idea they were this unreliable / uncommunicative until actually trying to get my first. Hearing people getting bumped because Stern couldnt come through on what they are quoting vendors is absolutely horrific. Thats what really set me off into doubt land anyway. Does anyone know if those that this is happening to are being told they are just SOL or if they being told "sorry, next run..but we promise you wont be forgotten"? If they are totally SOL, then that is wayyyyy out of line.. and that would be a real vile shame cause they sure can do a sweet game.
On that note.. oh the camper mods there are freeking great..the trees... love the printing on the one camper with the web too... i keep waiting for a full on tiki bar mod to pop up (medisinyl?? Lol)

#8122 2 years ago

No kidding, lmao

Quoted from unlockpinball:

Contacted Classicgamerooms.com and sold out. The website is not up to date.

#8131 2 years ago

It’s the dual motor control board.

Quoted from docquest:

I'm thinking the motors could be the problem. Elvira has a lot of motors.

#8140 2 years ago

Surprisingly Dwight is the only thing I’m NOT worried about with this pin. Thing is a goddamn eyesore.

+1
Especially with Dwight doing the code.

#8161 2 years ago

Nope, but Stern is trolling hard.

Anyone receive any updates from their distributor for those who put a deposit down?

3BD3491F-BE22-4D4D-9AD4-E6F6DB4A1F27 (resized).png3BD3491F-BE22-4D4D-9AD4-E6F6DB4A1F27 (resized).png
3 months later
#9509 2 years ago

So...people on the waitlist for EHOH saw a $500 increase and the distributors expected them to pay it. Now Stern is raising the prem price by $1k. Does that mean that if your still on the list with a deposit placed that your final cost will be $1500 more than the price at release? That’s insane.

2 months later
#10036 2 years ago

What distributor? That is just…the most idiotic shit I’ve ever seen. To handle one of these games…that are in such high demand, produced in stupid low numbers…like THIS?! No…and then to SEND PICS?!?! Wtf. I’d be f’n embarrassed as fu@k.

Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Welp I was all set to join the owners club with a premium with topper and every extra mod available. After wiring a nice sum to a distributor today I get these pics...
Sadly they somehow dumped the machine before it even left on a truck. Fml
[quoted image][quoted image]

3 months later
#10627 2 years ago

Anyone need an EHOH translite? Also have a 3D printed campy camper mod I never installed if anyone is interested. Looking to unload as I no longer have the game and I’d like to fund a few pricey mods for GZ. Shoot me a msg!

#10642 2 years ago

Anyone want an EHOH translite? Not free but I’ll undercut eBay price and ship for free. It’s brand new, never been on a game.

1 year later
#14720 12 months ago

Tech help please! On startup my trunk kicker fires repeatedly and I get a trunk lockup malfunction alert. The switch ahead of the kicker is functioning properly and the kicker does work. In game play when I get trunk multi the game will not release the trunk locked ball until after I drain the ball released from the trough. What gives?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.