IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4066 3 years ago

I am contemplating on pulling the trigger on a NIB with build date of june 2020
I played a game on my DIST floor model also with build date of June 2020.
The gargoils are not moving up when hit on his new build.
Does anyone know if Stern changed the design on the gargoils jumping/ hitting glass? Its a cool feature!!
Did they change the new builds and omit the jumping gargoils for some reason?

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I doubt they would undo that feature. My guess it's a new game and maybe they forgot to removing the shipping foam under the playfield that keeps the gargoyles from moving during shipping.

Thank you
That was it.
He did NOT remove shipping foam!

6 months later
#6615 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Is anyone having problems with the ball getting stuck under the house on the left side of the house? I happens during a multiball or if the ball goes in there too slow.

I did have this problem. It was happening during a multiball or GAPPA. I played around with the pitch and leveling and now it doesn't happen anymore.

2 weeks later
#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I got my Elvira yesterday. Are there nice instruction cards out there?

I bought mine from here and I believe they are better in person than the pics or videos. I bought for 5 of my pins

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04773-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-lenticular-apron-cards

20210212_095604 (resized).jpg20210212_095604 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#7269 3 years ago

First time I reached to sell the house. I went down stairs to load the new code on Avengers and decided to play Elvira while I was waiting. Well I never got to play Avengers, because after 2 short warm up games. I blew it up. I reached Gappa 3 times, Made directors cut 3 times, made it through the house 3 times! and finally sold the house. Based on the fact that I got wild market value at the end , I imagine its a pretty good price.
Game is coded great. My favorite is the trailer mode after you complete the house!

20210304_224150 (resized).jpg20210304_224150 (resized).jpg20210304_224244 (resized).jpg20210304_224244 (resized).jpg
#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

I consider myself a pretty decent pinball player and in the 8 months I've had the game I've only completed grappa twice. I absolutely LOVE the challenge this mode introduces to the game. It surely gives even advanced player a goal to shoot for.

I made it to Gappa 3 times in the same game the other night. I only made it to the Gappa 5 ball lock one time in that game. Game took over an hour. Best way to qualify Gappa is by getting your multi balls running. Try to keep them running for a while and keep making shots. Also extra balls are given after 2 crypt completions and after 2 completed haunts granting you 2 directors cut blue inserts lit. That will help give you a little more longevity.

#7401 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I definitely am excited. I am 50 with Parkinson’s and my health is worsening and pinball gives me great joy besides my wife and kids. And my wife and kids love the game and so does my son who has autism.
So my situation is different. Playing pinball takes my mind off of life and my health problems and EHOH is just a near perfect pin for me and my family. Makes me feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas.

Sad to hear about your health problems. Wish you the best of health for you and your family in the future. I see you are loving pinball!! Thanks for sharing your story!!

#7412 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Your most welcome and appreciate your kind words. God gives us all trials to bare and with getting through them we can help others who are going through tough times. I started in 2019 and have 8 pins and got hooked immediately. I sold Bally KISS, Cyclone, Stern Disco, and Space Jam. The wife fell in love with the newer pins so sold to buy new pins which unfortunately is part of this hobby.
Only so much space and need to shake up the lineup. There’s worse things to spend money on and love passing on the love of pinball to my kids. I love that my kids enjoy the things my wife and I loved growing up in the 70’s and 80’s.
Just waiting for Godzilla and this year will be pinball gold for me.

You seem like a cool dude. I hope our paths cross someday. I restarted around the same time as you started. This Hobby is addicting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.