IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 4 years ago

I also had a issue with the crypt as described by a previous poster. The fix worked. I’ll try and get a photo later.

Code update VO.85.0 addresses music after game. (Thanks, I needed that for the location)

#364 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the left ramp does not register a shot for unhappy hour? I didn’t get to play code .84 long enough to notice. .85 seems to miss the shot register, but only on that mode.

Or am
I missing something with the rules?

Also, Skill shot remains a mystery

#388 4 years ago

Left ramp does not always register shots on my unit. Am I alone in this? Switch edges show it works, but on a fast shot I get robbed. This is my first Stern, how is this sort of thing handled/adjusted?

1 week later
#480 4 years ago

Since we know you might read this, Thank you Lyman, i really like the game so far.

have you made the skill shot yet? theres a big sign pointing to it, but it can't be made.

#513 4 years ago

Optics ? Or switches. I adjusted 2 out of box, quite loose. Is think there is a third relating to the unhappy hour mode (ramps) in the house the third ramp? The scoring goes off on a tangent during play because something is off.

Quoted from arcademojo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/4#post-5258383
Hmm, Yeah I would check the switch.
And the same for the 2 balls shooting out you might have a switch out of alignment.
On the game I sat up out of the box. There were 3 switches out of wack. Simple alignment fixed it right up.

#546 4 years ago

Anyone know what causes the scoring frenzy error on unhappy hour? Is it One of the optics ? Both ramps appear good. The switch test doesn’t show anything lighting up.

1 week later
#688 4 years ago

I’m a hour late, and missed the images?

#704 4 years ago

Oh no. I hope you’re Not putting it in front of a window.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from lockie:

Does anyone else get random scoring before a game starts. Somethings when I wait a bit to start play the game will randomly start scoring tonight it was acting like happy hour. So I scored 20million before the ball left the shooter trough.

What I did:

Take glass off. Open your coin door after power up and hit the menu button 4-5 times. It warps you straight into switch edges /test. Close coin door. There are a few optics that go loose. Both Ramps and this image which is below the ramp. Push on the ramps. That movement may trigger a optic out of alignment. Adjust and again lightly knock the ramp around. You probably get the idea now..

All The VUKs at their default high power settings may shake these optics out of alignment. It’s really hard to physically see if the receiver and transmitter are aligned since you are looking down at a angle most the time.

F5E224D1-FDEA-4C55-84D4-95EF09E4CAE2 (resized).jpegF5E224D1-FDEA-4C55-84D4-95EF09E4CAE2 (resized).jpeg
#707 4 years ago

one More thing. I found it impossible to
Hit the Backdoor shot with standard level. Where I should have hit it, it would always roll past one way or the other. I adjusted the left side of machine just a bit higher than the right, using a level across front (bubble touching the left line).
Now it actually works. Still hard to hit.

#723 4 years ago

hocuslocus I have no idea. Don’t hesitate to contact stern support. Let us know how it works out.

#727 4 years ago

This panel?

3C7CAA07-1C4C-48E1-BD05-05369A6F316B (resized).jpeg3C7CAA07-1C4C-48E1-BD05-05369A6F316B (resized).jpeg
#819 4 years ago

Somewhere in here or the discussion thread had something on that lid. Something to do with that spring. I think.

The crypt I’m familiar with. Optically registers hits, then you should hear the motor run and the crypt change over to skull. After 3 hits on that it should open.
Are those sequences happening?

Quoted from iceman44:

Anyone have any issues with the trunk getting stuck and not closing properly? Getting hung up as it tries to close. Have to reseat it every time.
Tried to tighten up screws to no avail, bend out the metal lip?
Also, on Dead head crypt, how do you start those modes? I've done it before not noticing it now when i try and i can't seem to start it. Not sure the Head is registering hits although it does make a sound.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#833 4 years ago

I second this comment. Impossible on a level game. Even tried with the glass off putting there by hand. I Couldn’t. Left leg a bit up, goes in. However I experienced another issue with that. The Ball can get stuck just behind the edge of the left side of house. ill keep messing with the adjustments.

My biggest issue thus far has been keeping these optics aligned. I want to put this game on site, but it isn’t testing out well yet. I’m losing patience.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

On a side to side level game it is almost impossible to make. To make the shot you literally need to raise the back left corner a bit. I don’t mind it being super tough. The Secret Passage shot in Scared Stiff is also verrryyyyy hard. I did do one small tweak to make the shot possible on my game. When I had my left ramp out I added a double layer of Mylar along the back orbit. The ridge of the Mylar runs directly to the back door. In theory, a slow moving ball could catch the edge of the Mylar and be redirected to the back door hole. It hasn’t happen yet but I haven’t played it much since adding the Mylar. To date, I haven’t hit the shot in game play.

1 week later
#1034 4 years ago

I always had the same question. But, I think the turret will play into this(guess). Perhaps when the turret turns another 6 films appear? And maybe 1 has a film reel? Idk. I also want to know when Eegah will appear, as he and a few others are on the translite. I want to think the turret will be the big factor into this game being great

Quoted from Aniraf:

I apologize if this has been discussed before…Are we to expect future code having the film reel at the bottom of a house mode and filling in as shots are made (like in teenagers from outer space) or is that going away (like every other movie).

1 month later
#1682 4 years ago

Could Anyone help me troubleshoot this optic board? This is the result I get once power is applied.
Is indicative of a bad board?

95E2A633-CFBE-4DB5-9DB8-820D03777BC0 (resized).jpeg95E2A633-CFBE-4DB5-9DB8-820D03777BC0 (resized).jpeg
#1683 4 years ago

That was supposed to be a video. It would’ve shown a lit led slowly fading out to unlit

#1689 4 years ago

You’re still wrong.

But anyways. Thanks for the help. I’ll be sure to post issues here in the future, as they were welcomed. The last part is a joke.
Ciao

8 months later
#5497 3 years ago

To be clear,
The house Turrent doesn’t have purpose?EEgah on the translite is not in game?

11 months later
#9703 2 years ago

:-)She didn’t really come out, just announced she’s been experimenting the last 19 years

#9706 2 years ago

I was able to watch the first three on shudder. Couldn’t stay awake for the 4th

4 weeks later
#9965 2 years ago

I was just seeing if there are any Jpop jokes yet?

2 weeks later
#10094 2 years ago

Just received a notification for a massive auction involving a Ton of Elvira memorabilia, all Cassandra’s personal things. With the book, the anniversary machine now available, I realize she is cashing out of the character, and this appears to be a house clean or final push for money and that is what I wanted to ask.

Is she, alright? Is everything ok? It’s none of my business- but I’m trying to read between the lines, it appears last call is near. Tell me I’m wrong, please.

#10098 2 years ago

That’s a opening bid. Sure I’ll share the link to auction. I mean, yeah this is a lot of shit to be holding onto

https://www.julienslive.com/auctions/catalog/id/371

#10101 2 years ago

There is some cool stuff. That hood ornament- amazing

#10112 2 years ago

Before you go drilling holes you need to isolate which IR switch is a problem. Sometimes it is aligning, sometimes the IR switch goes bad. This is hard to test sometimes as it can be intermittent. I had the same problem when the game first came out. Go into switch test and start gently tapping your ramps to shake them. See if any are triggered.

Quoted from McDoom:

I'm going to mess around with it a little bit and see.
It's usually not hits registered
Working properly
Or ghost machine gun scoring!!
Do you have any clue where people drilled into the ramp?
Thanks for the tip

1 week later
#10153 2 years ago

-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=mogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.