New code day...and what an awesome update
V1.00.0 - Oct. 15, 2020
- Fixed an issue with QUESTION MARK on the HAND OF FATE wheel where it
would not score the correct points.
- Replaced temporary art for WILD MARKET VALUE.
- Fixed a bug in SUPER HAND OF FATE where draining down the left outlane
when the outlane was not lit would trigger the MANOS JACKPOT effect and
show a total of 00.
- Added the DJ MIXER so users can play music in the attract mode.
- Added an adjustment for ball save at the start of DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Exclude certain lamps from the start of DIRECTOR'S CUT (i.e. shoot
- Finishing THEY CAME FROM SPACE now scores 100M.
- Added sounds to DIRECTOR'S CUT level award; these were missing.
- Added TOPPER scream effects for MULTIBALL starts and GARAGE MULTIBALL
- Added settings for in-game SCREAM percentage and time to lock out before
- Changed the text color for the HOUSE ADVANCE/LIT from red to purple to
match lighting on house.
- Added a jackpot to SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS so it scores
like the other haunts. Cleaned up the background display effect
messages to provide some more information. Blink the HOUSE ENTRANCE
lamp BRIGHT when the HOUSE is lit to finish the HAUNT.
- Added a ball save (5 seconds) to the start of GAPPA ANGRY.
- Cleaned up various things in THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA. Added
shot values to the background display effect. Increase shot values
after shots are made. Added jackpot for final shot. Made the HOUSE
ENTRANCE shot brighter when lit to finish the mode.
- Added adjustments for FLIPPER POWER.
- Cleaned up various things in THE GIANT GILA MONSTER. Reworked the
background display effect text. Added a jackpot for the final shot.
Reworked the pop bumper scoring; this now also adds to the jackpot
value for each pop bumper hit. Added pop bumper lights to the second
part so the player knows to shoot the pop bumpers. Changed the text
color to YELLOW to match the lamps in the HAUNT. Changed bright/dark
lamps so the player knows when shooting the HOUSE ENTRANCE ramp will
advance the mode. Reworked the scoring so it is more in-line with
the other haunts.
- THE GIANT GILA MONSTER was not restarting the timer on a pop bumper hit.
This has been corrected.
- Implemented the DAGGER; this adds a bonus to each non-multiball HAUNT.
- Added completion (display, rule cleanup) to THEY CAME FROM SPACE; this
- Added DIRECTOR'S CUT awards to the BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT and the BACK DOOR
- Fixed an issue with THE MANSTER where it was not adding the final shot
value to the total for HIGH SCORE TO DATE.
- Fixed an issue with THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON where it was not adding
the stage 3 last shot value to the jackpot value.
- Cleaned up background text for the last stage of MANOS: THE HANDS OF
FATE; there is only the final shot for the jackpot, so only show that.
- Added display, sounds, and lamp effect for SUPER HAND OF FATE total.
- Added new video clip to start of SUPER HAND OF FATE.
- Fixed up DIRECTOR'S CUT start lamp effect for new intro.
- Added WILD MARKET VALUE rule:
- Start in the CELLAR after performing the following tasks:
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
b) Banish CLOWN deadhead (SUPER HEAD SHOT).
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball.
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
e) Start GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.
g) Start THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
- Shoot WILD MARKET VALUE target for hurry-up value and sell the
- The MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE is built up over the course of the
game by hitting the WILD MARKET VALUE standup target. The value of
the target is 100K * the number of tasks completed; this value is
added to the MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE each time the target is hit.
- Added and fixed music for WILD MARKET VALUE.
- Increased WILD MARKET VALUE timer from 20 seconds to 30 seconds so the
hurry-up counts down slower.
- Added display, sounds, and lamp effect for WILD MARKET VALUE target.
- Fix up audio/rebalance volumes for SCREAM TEST and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
- Reworked HOUSE PARTY scoring. Instead of 750K + 75K per shot, it is now
100K + 25K per shot made during all haunts leading up to HOUSE PARTY.
- Added new video clips for PHONE-A-FIEND START.
- Starting PHONE-A-FIEND now awards a bonus for all TRUNK ITEMS that have
The current formula is:
(100K * number of SKELETON KEYS collected)
(100K * number of LAB TESTS (FLASKS) collected)
(100K * number of DAGGERS collected)
(1 + number of RAY GUNS collected)
Once the bonus has been collected at the start of PHONE-A-FIEND, the
number of RAY GUNS is set to ZERO.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the first frame of the "YOU'RE UP"
animation in the score display to be rendered incorrectly (the font
shadow was off by some number of pixels).
- Implemented a setting that keeps shots unlit during the open-ended
portions of certain modes (most notably, MANOS). This is set to 2 for
- Excluded some lamps for UN HAPPY HOUR shot large lamp effect (jackpots,
- Record high scores for MANSTER after a switch score (it was missing).
- Added a setting to pause timers w/ no switch activity after a time.
This is enabled for competition mode.
- Added a setting for making UN HAPPY HOUR difficult (the last ramp shot
made is OFF for a time period). Default is HARD for competition mode.
- Added more variety to the short versions of HAUNT completed (i.e.,
instead of "GREAT WORK!" all of the time, also play "NICE WORK!", "WELL
PLAYED!", and "WOW, WHAT A BLAST!")
- Added logic for player score spider. If there are at least two players
in the game and a player is behind by more than 250M and the player who
is up has scored more than 250M on the current ball and has been playing
for 10 minutes or more, a spider will crawl down the screen and spin a
web over the lowest scoring player's score.
- Start GAPPA ANGRY on BACK DOOR skill shot or BACK DOOR sneak-in.
- Added additional logic to keep the CELLAR RAMP from moving too soon.
When the CELLAR entrance opto is made, requests to move ramp are delayed
long enough so the ball can get into the CELLAR VUK. This stops the
motor from running up and down when it doesn't need to when the CELLAR
shot is made during DIRECTOR'S CUT and other modes.
- Allow DIRECTOR'S CUT start display effect to be canceled by the flippers.
- Increased the base value of UN HAPPY HOUR from 250k to 400k.
- Increased the base value of DRIVE ME CRAZY from 100k to 250k for each
- Reworked DIRECTOR'S CUT READY to incorporate the TRAILER TRASH rule:
- When completing the 4th HAUNT, do not light TRAILER TRASH.
- DIRECTOR'S CUT READY has LEFT RAMP, RIGHT RAMP, HOUSE RAMP lit in
CYAN (the color for DIRECTOR'S CUT).
- RAMPS behave exactly like TRAILER TRASH for awarding 4th HAUNT
points, except there is no hurry-up involved.
- Release balls locked in TRUNK LOCK after tilt during THEY CAME FROM
- Added a light show for completing the pop bumpers during POOL PARTY.
- Implemented the setting TRUNK DIVERTER WITH LOCKS behavior:
- OPEN = release locked balls at the start of multiball.
- CLOSED = keep locked balls, trunk diverter will stay closed as
long as there are balls locked in the trunk.
The only rule affected by this is MAKE-OUT MAYHEM.
- Fixed up video clips for MAKE-OUT MAYHEM. Some of these ran during the
background display effect when they should not (NOTLD, TFOS, TWOW, and
- The TRUNK LID was not staying closed ALWAYS when there was a ball locked
in the TRUNK. This has been corrected.
- Lighten up shaker motor effect for GAPPA ANGRY sneak-in.
- Use a better sound for the DROP TARGET when hit.
- Fixed a bug in MAKE-OUT MAYHEM where the super jackpots would never light
- Some sound effects for THEY CAME FROM SPACE would not interrupt sounds
always in progress. This has been corrected.
- When down to one ball during THEY CAME FROM SPACE, sneaking a ball into
the TRUNK LOCK will lock the ball and serve a new ball. After all balls
are lost during THEY CAME FROM SPACE, any balls locked in the TRUNK LOCK
will be released and the mode will continue instead of ending as before.
- "Egads, have you had enough" speech from Sir Normus Cranium did not have
reverb. This has been corrected.
- Shortened the effect for GAPPA ANGRY LEVEL 4 (TRUNK) LOCK when the ball
does not end up in the TRUNK so the illumination is not off when the ball
may be live on the playfield.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for DRIVE ME CRAZY total.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for UN HAPPY HOUR total.
- Added new speech for UN HAPPY HOUR start.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for GAR-GOILS GONE WILD total.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for HOUSE PARTY total.
- Added adjustment "MOVIE TRAILER LENGTH" (Normal, Short, Off).
- The SUPER JACKPOT value for GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL was not being added to
for each shot during the mode. This has been corrected.
- Added sounds and lights for DIRECTOR'S CUT total.
- Added left and right ramp exit for consideration to reset the DROP TARGET.
- Limit the times the DROP TARGET can be raised to prevent balls from
getting stuck behind the target.
- Added video clips, sounds, and speech for GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL total.
- Added a MOVIE TRAILER that plays at the end of the game based on what
the player did in the game.
- Added more video clips to GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL.
- Added SUPER JACKPOT to GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL. Added display effect,
sounds, and speech.
- Added SUPER JACKPOTS to DANCE FEVER, MAKE-OUT MAYHEM, and RUN FOR YOUR
LIFE. Added display effect, sounds, and speech.
- Added additional speech for the start of SCREAM TEST.
- Added jackpot and feature lamps to the start effects for DANCE FEVER,
MAKE-OUT MAYHEM, SCREAM TEST, and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
- Lower priority of freak fryer super jackpot display effects after some
amount of time (after big sounds and score has been displayed) so other
effects (jackpot) can come through.
- Added video clips for the start of RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
- Added video clips for the start of SCREAM TEST.
- Added video clips, sounds, lights for SCREAM TEST total.
- Added video clips and speech to the start of MAKE-OUT MAYHEM.
- Added video clips, sounds, lights for MAKE-OUT MAYHEM total.
- Added sounds and lights for DANCE FEVER total.
- Rework POOL PARTY total, video clips, sounds, lights.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for the ADD-A-ZOMBIE MULTIBALL
total. Removed text before speech. Show Elvira on the total page when
the super jackpot has been collected.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for the ATTIC ATTACK MULTIBALL
- Added a lamp effect for the WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL total.
- Increased the volume for level 1 of GAPPA ANGRY; this was quieter than
the higher levels.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights, for the PHONE-A-FIEND total. The
total page shows the maximum number of phones lit up during the multiball.
- Added video clips, sounds, and lights for the TRUNK MULTIBALL total.
- Added video clips for the FREAK FRYER level award.
- Added WILD MARKET VALUE HSTD to the attract mode.
- Fill out remainder of sound test table (includes MUSIC, FX and VO).
- Added video clips for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T
DIE, THE MANSTER, and THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON totals.
- Changed text color to green-ish for THE MANSTER total page.
- Changed text color to silver-ish for THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON total
- Added illumination lights to FREAK FRYER multiball backgrounds and
- Added the HOUSE PARTY lamp when ready/active.
(This may be the first time ever that I have an insert that doesn't light
up and the rule is implemented. Note to self: you still got it wrong.)
- If a DEADHEAD is lit for completion where the player is allowed to fire
the ball at the 36-24-36 targets to banish the DEADHEAD and complete the
mode AND the CRYPT is lit to lock a ball during level 3 of GAPPA ANGRY,
then banish the DEADHEAD immediately and lock the ball for GAPPA ANGRY.
- Do not allow the FREAK FRYER to advance towards lighting GAPPA ANGRY
during THEY CAME FROM SPACE.