IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Initial code release 0.83. Did anyone notice it's 6.2 GB in size? That's enormous!
By comparison -
Munsters LE - 1.8 GB.
DP LE - 2.2 GB
B66 LE - 3.8 GB
SW LE - 4.0 GB
There is going to be TONS of content in EHOH!

I’m guessing it’s due to the video clips.

1 week later
#282 4 years ago

Played a couple of premiums at expo. Liked it. There were two issues and wondering if it’s common. The first was balls flying off the left ramp into the outlanes and drain, I think because it’s hitting the crate. The second was rejects to the ball lock in the house (left side).

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Really where are the mods for this game, I aren’t even heard of any except an air ball protector. Where is Lermods and Mezel Mods and the Mod Couple etc.? We are waiting for you guys to make some magic.

Stay tuned, we will have some. Modders typically don’t get LEs and instead buy the pro or premium versions. In my case, I also almost never offer mods if I don’t have the game as it’s not fair to the customer if I get fit or connection wrong. I should have my premium within a few weeks and then we will get started. Plenty of ideas to fill out the game.

2 weeks later
#654 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Mods mods where’s the mods

I should have my premium next week, working on some mods this weekend. Should be ready to go once I have my game.

#674 4 years ago

Posting the first of our Elvira mods as we've been asked what we are up to for the game. Hoping my game arrives this week so I can show them in the game. Won't release any until then, but here's a preview. These have been created in-house, many hours of design work.

First up is a Bat mod with blinking eyes. I'd anticipate these to be sold in a pair placed along the sides of each ramp, but can be purchased as a single unit.

Second up is a Tombstone Pile Mod. I expect this will tie into the flashers. Also likely to be placed along the ramp or possibly back right or left.

Pm me if you are interested as these take a little while to make. No lists, but will make them as demand comes in,ikely a 2-day turnaround, not too bad. Pricing is likely to be $35 each shipped, will offer discounts on multiple items. When available they will be on our website and Pinside shop.

There's more to come...
1403641414 (resized).png1403641414 (resized).png439100873 (resized).png439100873 (resized).png

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Still some waiting on LE's - Then I guess it will be a bit until the Premiums start rolling off the production line and start shipping.
Not too worried about a topper. No room for one at my place, besides I guess I don't mind if Elvira is topless.

i was told last week that my premium should ship this week, but haven't heard anything yet. anyone know if premiums are on the line?

#789 4 years ago

Wondering if the reports about cracked house pieces will delay production.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

For real where the mods

These premiums are taking a very long time to get out. Mine was supposed to ship two weeks ago, then a week ago and I just was told again on Wednesday it actually shipped. I’m really hoping it gets delivered this week. We’ve got mods ready to go, but I need the game for fit, connections and pics. I know our lighted bat, ghost and spider mods are good as they run off the GI. But our tombstone mods need to be tested for fit. Our backbox mod is ready too, but I don’t have pictures. I really want to have the game to be able to show the mods in the game before opening the gates. Thanks to those who have contacted us and are being patient, shouldn’t be too much longer...I hope.

1 week later
#1020 4 years ago

Got my premium today and just got done setting it up, no issues at all, plays as it should so far. The clear coat is noticeably thinner and no artwork at the posts. I like the thinner clear, reminds me more of a bw playfield.

Plays much better than what I played at expo. No airballs, ball locks behind the target every time, no issues in the house (didn’t see it spin, not sure when it’s supposed to), trunk works as it should. Liking the game and nice to be able to hear everything.

Mods coming this week, I hope, just need to find time to break away from filling orders.

Anyone have a shaker? Is it active?

#1046 4 years ago

When is the turret supposed to spin?

#1068 4 years ago

Added some interactive purple lighting behind the house to accent the artwork. The red you see is the stock game lighting from the front of the house

Screenshot_20191204-101702 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191204-101702 (resized).png
#1072 4 years ago

Modified LED backbox Mod...much clearer detail and color.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-custom-backbox-light-kit
IMG_20191204_191124 (resized).jpgIMG_20191204_191124 (resized).jpg

#1114 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

We have had our Premium since early this week and are now ready to show some of our mods. All are plug and play and install in just a few minutes. I apologize for some of the pictures, my camera is really struggling with the LEDs. The mods are not harsh or washed out in person.

The first is a large hand-painted tombstone with a skull on the front and the eyes light up red. The mod is tied into the skull flasher under the house ramp so when it lights the tombstone eyes lighs.

The second is a hand-painted three-tier lighted tombstone. The mod replaces the upper left ramp flasher (though it can be hooked up and installed other ways) and the eyes will light amber, red and blue when the flasher is active.

The third mod is a lighted bat. The bat is shown mounted along the left ramp. The eyes will be lit solid when the GI is in dim mode and they will flash slowly when the GI is in bright mode. The bat can be mounted over any playfield screw as long as there is room to feed the wire down below the playfield.

All of these plus a few other mods (trough, backboard and backbox mod) are now ready to ship and available on our website (and in our pinside shop shortly). We will also have spotlights and covers for the sling areas available shortly.

IMG_20191206_113828 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_113828 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_121737 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_121737 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190255 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190255 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190251 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190251 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190247 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190247 (resized).jpg
#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I really want to like your stuff but I think you missed the mark on these. They seem way out of place. The scale and color are both off in my opinion.

Thanks, the feedback is appreciated, good or bad. I actually think the color works pretty well. I can try to scale it down a little.

#1123 4 years ago

I installed a shaker tonight, not very active. Hope they make some changes in the code to make it more interactive.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

My LE already has a factory shaker installed ? Why put in a second one ?

I have a premium. Is yours active?

Quoted from Wakky:

Oh ok poor buggar!

Actually, richer buggar, saved $1600 over the LE.

#1131 4 years ago

Had one of the gargoyle brackets fly off mid game. Roll pin came out somehow, pressed it back in and seems good now. Kind of odd. Really liking the game, just a lot of fun. Much better than the Munsters. Got to what I think is a mini wizard mode, house half completed.

#1136 4 years ago

Added some purple spotlights and spotlight covers to the lower playfield. They dim with with GI.
IMG_20191207_170224 (resized).jpgIMG_20191207_170224 (resized).jpg

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

My 2 cents, mods need to integrate and enhance...otherwise they look foreign and just tacked on. The poster the made the mod of the spooky trees is a good example of integration as they really work well with the house...that back right corner screams of needing something...play off the back board art.

Thx, we actually think they look good in person, and do blend in. If someone wants a set of the tombstones and wants to review them, let me know and I’ll send them no charge. If you don’t like them, just send them back.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I agree on the previous posters comments. For example, reduce the 3 skull assembly to 1 skull assembly and darken it a bit and I think it would look very nice on the left ramp. The right ramp tombstone is about 2x too big.

Thx. Working on some revisions.

#1189 4 years ago

Ok, let's see if we can try this again..we've taken on feedback and made some changes. We shrunk the large tombstone by half and broke up the three others into single tombstone. Each of the single tombstones replaces a ramp flasher and the big tombstone flashes white, tied to the house ramp skull flasher. I think this works much better.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210204117183_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210204117183_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20191210_204138 (resized).jpgIMG_20191210_204138 (resized).jpg00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191210203649307 (resized).jpg00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191210203649307 (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210203639623_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210203639623_COVER (resized).jpg
#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think these look better. Have to think about using all of them or think about alternative locations (I’m not sure about using them on the ramps as they seem to distract from the film monsters).
Can you look into a replacement for the front of the crypt, even one without LEDs? I’d love to see a 3D replacement for the flat plastic.

Thanks. I have someone looking into the sign. I can’t put tombstones on the front two flashers because there’s no height due to the glass. This will likely be the final version.

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s a shame definitely the potential for a couple of good mods on this game, oh well.

such as?

more generally, what are people looking for? We tend to try to make mods that have some interaction with the game and not things to just stick on the playfield. A sign to replace the current plastic crypt sign is underway.

#1258 4 years ago

Our latest mod for EHOH...Lighted Skeleton Key. The skull eyes are interactive with the GI, turning off and dimming. We also can offer a version that will interact with the skeleton key insert, substantially more labor and parts for that. We've also relocated our lighted bat to the back left, floating him off the backboard above the ramp turn.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191217071456157_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20191217071456157_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217070414831_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217070414831_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071336206_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071336206_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071424012_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071424012_COVER (resized).jpg
#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I like the looks of this one. Pretty significant upcharge for the insert version though. Isn’t this just a difference of where the mod connects?
Does the insert version also react with the GI or just turn on/off with the insert?
Can you post a pic from the backside? Want to see how it’s wired.

It requires the use of a relay board and a daughter board to drop the voltage down. It's a lot more labor intensive to tie it to the insert. Honestly, it's not something I want to make for a mod like this as I think the GI connection works, but it someone wants it, I'll do it. That's why i have such a price difference. Out the back is just the wires from the leds that are glued to the back of the key.

#1265 4 years ago

Might just be me, but this game seems really lacking in code right now. Shoot the house, start a mode, hit lit shots, rinse and repeat. I’ve only seen like 6 or 7 screen modes, seem to just repeat and all they are is hitting lit arrows, very static. I mean what’s the strategy? Completing the lanes at the top doesn’t really do much like increase multipliers, etc. There are a few dead heads and other MB’s, which are cool, but it just feels kind of dead right now. I hope more code comes soon. Given what we’ve seen for other recent releases and from other manufacturers, this seems behind. I know Batman took forever, but I can only hope that doesn’t get repeated. It’s an expensive game taking up precious space and I think most of us would like the game further along, I certainly would.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Yeah just to back up those comments, I think this game is perfect in every way. It's the Elvira I wanted, that I didn't know I wanted. I was initially a bit taken aback by what they did with the third game as I was expecting another (or updated) Scared Stiff. What Stern actually made was a far better game, far better theme, and an art package that works as an over all package.
The theme - old movies haunting the house - is the best thing I could have imagined. It works perfectly. I understand why it might not gel with some people, but for me it really does. I can't remember the last time a pinball machine captivated me and give me 'actual' joy while I play through it like House of Horrors does. Absolutely love it.

It’s not that it doesn’t gel, and I actually find it very fun to shoot and think stern did a nice job, it just needs more to make it come alive. It will get there, I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. I’ve been through a lot of code waiting (avengers, xmen) so I’m no stranger to it, just thought progress would be quicker.

#1295 4 years ago

I’ve asked before never got an answer so asking again, when is the house turret supposed to spin? It spins when the game boots up, but I don’t recall ever seeing it spin in game mode.

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It is currently not in the code.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not sure if the turret is coded properly yet. We have only seen it spin at startup and ball search. Works in test mode.

Thanks to both of you.

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

After seeing pics of Stranger Things I sure am happy with my decision to get Elvira LE. Just based on the artwork along Elvira is soooo much nicer to look at.

I thought the exact same thing. Stranger things, at least the pro version, does not look good at all. Reminds me of one of those “The Pin” home version games. I’m glad I have my Elvira awaiting more code.

#1314 4 years ago

We have been working on a sign mod for the crypt. It's almost ready. Color in one of the pics is pinkish, it's just a test fit, it will match better as shown in other pics. Should be ready in a few days. Will look much better than the stock plastic. It will adhere to the plastic with backing tape so no need to remove the plastic and mess with the rivets.
IMG_20191219_165340 (resized).jpgIMG_20191219_165340 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191223-194056 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191223-194056 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191223-194116 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191223-194116 (resized).png

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

To all you owners, can you answer a few questions about Elvira for me.
How does it shoot? Any mech issues or QC issues to be aware of? And how’s the code shaping up? jfh I know your a fellow BM66 owner how is the code, say compared to BM66 Lymans last outing, is it similar at all?
Now I’ve seen Stranger Things I’m seriously considering getting an Elvira, art on Stranger Things is quite simply shit and the games just not blowing me away as I hoped it would, serious lack of features imo.

I’ve had virtually no mechanical issues other than a gargoyle pin coming off, game has been very reliable. No clear coat issues. At first I didn’t think the game would last for me because it seemed so bare and I thought it would repetitive, but it shoots very well. Like stranger things, Elvira is a fan layout, but it doesn’t shoot like one because of the right ramp and crypt. Artwork is great, like scared stiff. The multiballs are done well, no virtual locks. I like the game a lot and it’s only going to get better as code develops.

I think I’m passing on stranger things, I don’t like the way it looks and it’s way too bare, at least at the pro level. A flap coming down to reveal a flower is not what I’d call an interesting toy anode that’s about all it offers.q

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gotto say I’m often quite critical of mods especially those that really don’t fit into the games style but bravo this is superb!
Easily one of your best mods in a while Ler it’s simple but effective and hands down the best mod for this game so far
Just need something cool and creative for the pop bumper area it’s so empty looking there, how about some sort of creepy water slides for the pool area with creepy trees.

Thanks, we were thinking about the life savers to go over the pops, but house gets in the way and pops aren't that visible. I Iike our tombstone mod for the back area and flying bat.

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Comment on the Stranger Things thread that the layout is very similar to Elvira (and that the ST art is nostalgic in a Miami Vice cocaine sort of way)[quoted image]

Many stern games have similar layouts, acdc, iron Man, sw, got gotg, etc. That's why maiden and jp are so well liked, they are different layouts. Elvira though doesn't remind me of ST because of the crypt and right ramp and the shot to the pops right of the house.

#1343 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Nice! Looks great. I had debated making this as well, but questioned how I'd go about preserving the light up insert at the face. Not sure if you found a solution as I expect the mod covers it (perhaps there's a way to tie in a separate light?.. I don't own the game, so I have somewhat limited access to explore).
Won't be touching any of the areas you've modded, but I do have 3D pops already completed (not pool related, and more visible light interaction from player perspective when 3D) and working on a couple others. Plan to reveal everything at once when completed.

Thanks. That light for the front doesn’t do a whole lot. For the sign, light will still bleed through and it will shine down on the playfield and there’s still the sides of the crypt that will light. I could offer an uplit spotlight type flasher mod to go off on the sign when the light in the crypt goes off, but it’s going to be pricey for a spotlight because it requires the use of a 3 pin z connector and those are NLA so I’m preserving my stock. I think I will offer it, but like I said, it won’t be so cheap. For the sign, it will initially be $49 shipped, which I think is a good deal given the thickness of the sign (~1/4”), the detail and the hand painting. Probably add $25 for the spotlight option.

#1366 4 years ago

Spider mod...
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225181734899_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225181734899_COVER (resized).jpg

Also working on a beeker mod...

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225182330751_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225182330751_COVER (resized).jpg
#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

It does if you start a haunt on the skill shot.

How do you start a haunt on the skill shot?

#1411 4 years ago

The crypt sign is now ready for purchase. $49 shipped. we are also offering an option for a flasher mod to illuminate the front of the crypt, interactive with the crypt flasher.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228114725195_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228114725195_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228114750305_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228114750305_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228114705701_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228114705701_COVER (resized).jpg

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So. This just happened.

Finally learned what happens when you complete the Hand of Fate wheel: Nothing (yet)
Looks like mode points are increased the second time through the house.[quoted image]

Great score, I think my high is around 170 mil.

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does it replace the crypt flasher or flash at the same time as it?

the crypt flasher is inside the crypt and it illuminates the sides and the front of the crypt so it’s should not be replaced. Our new sign covers most of the front so our spotlight flasher is interactive with the crypt flasher and flashes when the crypt flashes is active. Plug and play.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have played a lot of Elvira yesterday.
Fun game but a lot of hang-ups in the house.
Is there some kind of fix for this problem?
Will this problem fixed on the new premiums?

My premium has no ball hang ups. Maybe game wasn’t set up properly or an opto is loose.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok if I’ve never seen any Elvira films and don’t really know much about her works, would I still enjoy this pin? I like campy humor like MM or MBr type humor etc. Right now I’m debating either an Elvira premium or MMr LE.

Tough call. I’m not an Elvira fan, but do like this game a lot. Shots aren’t difficult, but they are fun to hit and the modes are great. If the code comes anywhere near as good as Batman, this is going to be one of the best games around. MM is great too, also not difficult, but a lot of fun.

#1439 4 years ago

I think the node board message you got is an interlock issue. Is it pushed in at the coindoor? Check your connections in the backbox.

Quoted from zwartepanter:

Unboxing Elvira with friends... Bummer, wouldn't start properly, so update done. Nothing... Game is bought here in Belgium with proper importer... What is going on?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1442 4 years ago

Do you guys have 2 utp-cables or three?[quoted image]

I have 2

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The crypt sign is now ready for purchase. $49 shipped. we are also offering an option for a flasher mod to illuminate the front of the crypt, interactive with the crypt flasher.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

Quick update. 1 crypt sign left, should have another batch ready late this week or early next week. If we sell out and you want one, just pm me and I’ll let you know when they are ready. No payment needed.

#1458 4 years ago

I like it also but transport to Europe, Belgium... What's the shipping cost and I am afraid of the taxes here...

Usually around $15. Our site should calculate it when you put your address in. Can’t help you with taxes, sorry.

#1515 4 years ago

Hooked up a pinnovators PINsub kit to my Elvira, first time I’ve used one of their products. I typically hook my games up to Polk subs using alligator clips from the cabinet speaker terminals. What a significant difference the pinnovators product makes. The bass is much cleaner and deeper. Install was literally 2 mins. Plug the product into the spike board, run the cable to the sub. I’m going to be switching all my games over to their products, including getting a couple of their pin mixers, which allows four games hooked to one sub.

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where do you get the kit?

Direct from pinnovators

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the ball launch/plunge not traveling smoothly to the upper orbit? It seems as though it is hitting something most of the time when I plunge the ball so that it often slows down and goes into the pop lanes.
Seems like it may be hitting something or something is out of alignment. Any ideas?
Thanks

Mine is not always smooth. Maybe check alignment how the ball is being struck by the plunger and autoplunger.

#1535 4 years ago

New batch of crypt signs now ready, but half are gone so 5 currently left. Should have more in another week. Those waiting for their orders will get tracking tomorrow.

#1556 4 years ago

Eerily quiet in here lately. Just got my premium armor back from being powder coated in Illusion Cherry, really like the look on this game.

IMG_20200112_165212 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_165212 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_165259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_165259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_165312 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_165312 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Hello all,
Looks like I will be joining the club in the next few weeks with a Premium. Really excited to get this one. I wanted to see if there was a consolidated list of things to check on the game before playing it as I have seen different issues throughout the history of this thread.
Thanks in advance

People seem to have the most trouble with the house shot up the middle and the game not recognizing the hit. I’ve had zero issues, except a loose pin on one of the gargoyles. It’s a great game, looking forward to more code updates.

#1612 4 years ago

Mirrors in my game...

IMG_20191225_182002 (resized).jpgIMG_20191225_182002 (resized).jpg
#1647 4 years ago

maybe found a small bug. I had the return insert lit on the right outlane, went into junk in the trunk mb with the ball save between the flippers flashing, ball goes into the right outlane and the ball return insert light in the right outlane goes out so I basically lost that ball return. I would think you should keep that ball return when the ball save light between the flippers is flashing.

#1697 4 years ago

My Elvira has been great, no issues. It’s a tough call between Elvira and jp for me. If I was debating jp pro against Elvira, for value I might choose jp. If it’s a jp prem, it’s much closer for me. I’m not an Elvira fan either, it’s just a lot of fun to play and it has huge potential for code. Maybe get jp now and Elvira down the road.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Elvira that i played back in November kept getting the ball or balls stuck in that casket on the left ramp. Is that a common problem or just a problem with the one i was playing?

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Silly question... I know that the turret turns in test and when the game is turned on I believe but don't seem to recall it turning during a game, when is is supposed to turn and what is supposed to be the first facing side (window picture)?

I was told it's not coded yet, pretty ridiculous.

#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I want to get my Elvira set up properly so I have a few questions....When wild woman multiball starts should all the balls roll out of the garage lock together or one by one? What pitch is best for this table? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Yes, one by one.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Holy crap! What an update! I might just run out of exclamation points just talking about it!!!!!!!
So much cool crap. And we're in the 90s... So its the game is really coming along. Got another dead head. Gappa sounds like an amazing mode, and it sounds like the farther you go, the more rewards you'll get, but you'll still get something so long as you lock a ball.
This is just an amazing update. I was expecting a big one, but only about something half this size.
WOW... Still a long way to go till the game is completed. Still no phone a friend or the other non skeleton key items. But, hey... WHAT AN UPDATE!!!!!(and now I have ran out of exclamation points)
Edit... Looks like we got our ball saver. That is cool.

I’m downloading now, is the house turret active in this update?

#1911 4 years ago

I have issues where I now get rejects in the house ramp, seems as though the back diverter isn't rising like it used to.

Only happened a couple of times, not sure if hey made any changes to it, but I've never had rejects before like that. Anyone else experience this?

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I had this twice yesterday also. It was a solid shot and kicked back out.

That's exactly what happened to me, it was at the beginning of the game and didn't happen again.

#1924 4 years ago

Just wanted to post that our crypt sign is back in stock, though supplies are limited. We have filled all orders and have 4 remaining. A new batch will be ready in about 10 days, they take a long time to make. Also wanted to share some pics showing the quality of this hand-painted sign and that it is solid and thick. Attention has been paid to detail and there is even a small indentation at the bottom of the right leg to account for the screw on the plastic.

IMG_20200207_160026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160038 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160038 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160210 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160210 (resized).jpg

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Since the update I've been having a lot of problems with balls not being held in the house when starting modes like lermods and others. I don't recall seeing any changes in the notes but something is definitely up unless it's a weird coincidence with all of us.

I only had ramp rejects when I first started the game after updating the code, haven’t had any since. Someone shared a possible fix with me. ADJ. -> GAME -> #188: HOUSE DIVERTER MOTOR UP SW. LAG Lower to 250, if still getting rejects, 125 keep lowering until fixed.

2 weeks later
#2248 4 years ago

Just played a bit on the new code, very nice. New light shows and animations are great, like the x bonus animation. Overall, game is now progressing really well. New knocker sound is close to what you’d hear with a real one.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Brilliant, thanks very much for that mate.
lermods can you please confirm?
Thanks.

Yes. That’s the color I used, really happy with it.

46E83F0B-82A8-4503-9F53-A093942B196F (resized).jpeg46E83F0B-82A8-4503-9F53-A093942B196F (resized).jpeg5B138770-217D-4458-8968-A70500E4E73E (resized).jpeg5B138770-217D-4458-8968-A70500E4E73E (resized).jpeg6B9EE5B3-75F9-46A5-8957-56FF6C859951 (resized).jpeg6B9EE5B3-75F9-46A5-8957-56FF6C859951 (resized).jpegD032F8FF-C51C-4E2E-B366-E384948FF1E3 (resized).jpegD032F8FF-C51C-4E2E-B366-E384948FF1E3 (resized).jpeg
#2406 4 years ago

How can you tell if your game has or doesn't have the skill shot fix, and if it's even needed? I can make the back door shot, it's not easy, but if I plunge correctly it works.

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Games produced in December or later have the correct guides.

November 20th premium. I wonder if that is close enough to indicate I have it.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If you can make the skill shot with any sort of consistency I would say you have it. For instance I have played 100's of games on my machine and only scored the back door skillshot 5 times. I expect to make a skill shot at least 1 ball during a 3 ball game.

yeah, I'm thinking I have it. I also have the ramp washer.

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

How do you guys get these scores?!

Push the start button many times. Most games are like 10-20 mil, then I have a big game. My high is around 280 I think,

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from wconard:

Mine has never worked since day one. I just figured it was being programmed later. I’ll start diagnosing why it doesn’t work. Good to know. I thought they were crazy releasing it being non-functional. Thank you for the confirmation.

Adjust your switch, by bending it up slightly.

1 week later
#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from Luis19:

Mejoras en mod[quoted image]

mod of a mod... thats our crypt sign!

You should tie those lights into the crypt flasher.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I have two things going on, first off is since the new code update the top of the house is not spinning in attract mode or during the house party. Second is I installed a Stern shaker motor, it works when testing in the menus but a get zero shaking while playing the game.

The shaker isn’t that active in the game. I mainly notice it when completing a mode or a dead head.

Not sure on the turret, but as someone asked, does it spin in test mode? If not, check connections under the playfield.

1 week later
#2646 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Checking in on is game. How’s the code coming along? With Lyman in charge I’m sure it will be epic at the end of the day.

It’s already better than bm66 and we are only 6 months in.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Mine hits the left sling every time. If anyone knows of an adjustment let me know. I kinda drives me crazy. I just deal with it. I seem to get it under control 95% of the time

Just adjust the sling shot leaf switches by slightly widening the gap to make them a little less sensitive. Stern has them set on a hair trigger.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can't, in a million years, imagine that hitting the sling so clunkily is what Dennis Nordman intended. EATPM, SS, Indy500, even Demo man - none of them have shots that come out like that on purpose

That’s right, hitting the sling kills flow and that’s not what any designer would want. It also can cause cheap drains. There are two easy fixes for this.

1. Adjust the leaf switches so they are less sensitive.
2. Very slightly and gently with a flat head screwdriver pry out the top part of the metal ball guide by the post just above the truck entrance.

2431E7DE-69EF-4063-92DA-F2EE45141A81 (resized).jpeg2431E7DE-69EF-4063-92DA-F2EE45141A81 (resized).jpeg
#2695 4 years ago

Many stern games are rushed out the door, how many went out with bad super skill shots

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

is the turret being used yet? still curious what the purpose is. there was speculation of it adding more haunts, i hope that is correct.

Used in house party. And now with the new code as RW just noted.

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Got My premium delivered yesterday. A few hours into playing, the gargoyle to the left of the ramp came off. WTH? Tried to put it back on the rod to no avail. Anyone one else have this happen? If so what was the fix?

Yes happened to me, same exact gargoyle. You have to tap the rod back in. Hasn’t come out since.

1 week later
#2803 3 years ago

I collected all of the items on the hand of fate wheel. What’s supposed to happen next? Do I need to hit something for a mode to start? I also noticed 00 on the screen around this time and I was also in house party mode, assuming that’s a bug of some sort?

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I just re-read the release notes. It's actually the Manos Wheel. Im pretty sure you doni have to do anything to start it. Hitting the targets adds to the jackpot (250k, 500k, 750k, 1m, 2m, 5m) and is collected on the left outlane. There isn't much to it at all. The next HoF wheel is cool.

So you have to lose your ball to collect the hof jackpot, seems kind of odd. Does it give it back like a ball save?

#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you select “ball save” , or one of the Extend Multiball choices when you Drain. Otherwise you basically have to collect during a multiball

Thx. Seems like that needs a fix. Your reward for beating a wizard mode and collecting jackpots is losing your ball. Have we seen that anywhere else in pinball?

#2820 3 years ago

I kind of think of the wheel like the spider wheel in scared stiff, maybe that’s wrong thinking.

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

but the wheel isn't really a reward, it's more of a consolation prize... you lost your ball, not the machine, why would you be "rewarded".

Because it’s very difficult to achieve. I also don’t think of it as a consolation and try to work toward completing it while I’m in a mb with the ball save on. Guess I just shouldn’t shoot for lighting the hand of fate other than to get a ball save for the first spin. And maybe extending a mb.

Didn’t make it to the second wheel, but the extra ball would be worthwhile.

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

After having messed around with that thing, is it possible to change the alignment? The way mine is now the skull doesnt quite make it out as far as is intended.
Also: mod community please come up with something elegant to kill the light bleed from the crypt. I've tried realigning my roof panels and still get a large amount of bleed out of the right side.

I never noticed any light bleed out the side. We have a nice sign that covers the front and we offer a spotlight add on that is interactive with the crypt flasher so I would think it would wash out any light bleed.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

1 week later
#2882 3 years ago

Looking at your video, I think your switches need adjustment. When you go into switch test mode and look at the switch matrix, are those switches showing up as being active? They shouldn’t.

You need to bend the switch contact back so that when you hit the gargoyle it then contacts the switch. Look at how the ones are set for the other two by the crypt for comparison.

Quoted from bloodydrake:

So I got table home friday night, we got everything setup and yesterday have found one issue with the gargoil switches out front the crypt.
basically the switches aren't activating (tested led's worked fine) if i go into switch test mode and i manually move them it will trigger by pulling the switch forward,,but balls or fingers pushing the metal kinetic switch that launches gargoils up seems to be to far out to make proper contact.
I recorded a video
Does anyone have any advice how to approach this kind of adjustment?

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I checked all the connectors in the boards to make sure they were seated. I removed and reinserted the SD card. Then I pulled it out and inserted it into my computer. The computer says the 16gb card only had 7.95gb space total (used and available).
There are red lights lit on the board that show the different voltages and one lit near the big heatsink on the same board. There are red lights lit up on the board in the bottom of the head cabinet and the board near the coin door.
I played it before work today, then nothing when I got home tonight.

Is the screen dead too? If not, Was thinking maybe interlock switch at the coindoor.

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

so I got the Gargoils leaf switches adjusted and really been enjoying the game the last few days.
I did notice the finish is all cracked off the playfield in the ball launch area..basically where the game ejects it to the plunger. Should be worried? Or is that just considered normal wear(first time pinball table owner).
I'll be honest after 4 days of play i wasn't expecting that LOL.[quoted image]

that's not normal. you should contact your distributor ASAP. it's going to completely chip off shortly and that won't be good.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

It's been a few years since I purchased it. It was originally purchased for a video game restoration.
http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=150
There's a 20' minimum so you're looking about $10 plus shipping from Twisted Quarter.

I get mine here

https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-bright-green-t-molding.html

#3072 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Please help me figure this out..
Anytime I start a new game on Elvira HOH. It goes immediately to "Unhappy Hour" mode.
Game starts racking up big points almost if a ghost is playing game. This continues on and on and on.
Ball will auto plunge if lost and continue in "Unhappy Hour"
I've reinstalled update.. FULL Install... I've flashed back to factory settings.. Reinstalled update. Downloaded
a Fresh new copy.. Rinse Repeat.
I might get 1 game in without "Unhappy Hour" glitch.. Then it repeats over again.
Anyone else? Any Ideas what to do?
No Operator messages / no stuck switches. Its madness.

what does the game show when you put it into switch test mode? could be a bad opto.

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Game shows no issues with switches or Optos.

not sure, just guessing, but maybe the SD card has an issue? Better to call stern, they will have better insight.

1 week later
#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Joining the club. Selling pirates to do it. Get a Ngg out of it as a bonus. Tell me it’s worth it.

Sold my potc, don’t miss it. Not letting Elvira go, such a great game.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Is there a good solution to repair this or stop it from getting worse?
[quoted image]

I just added a cliffy set to my game the other day to prevent damage. Was kind of a pain to install, actually, numerous screws and nuts to remove.

IMG_20200525_192403 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_192403 (resized).jpg
#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had a leaper bracket fail yet? One on my game failed last night where most of the crimped end was missing. I didn't have anything suitable to replace the hinge pin so I re-used the existing pin and hammered what was left of the bad end flat. It should hold until I can get a replacement.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

yes. that same one failed on my game the first time I played it, but I was able to get the pin back in and it has since held. I think there was someone else in this thread who also reported they had the same one fail.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

No, that's what I'm saying. I removed the nut from the bottom of the playfield but the post will NOT budge. Like not even a bit (it won't come out). I tried to push from bottom, but it doesn't wanna move. Again, NO IDEA why they make it so hard when they know that people will want to adjust.

Use a punch and tap it out with a mallet or small hammer.

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

DONT do this unless it is a last resort. This is how you take big chunks out of your clear.
Even though the hole isn't technically "threaded" using an adjustable wrench around the nut from the top is the way to go. Usually it will back out as the reason it wont move freely is the threads have dug into the wood.

Never had an issue with this method and I can only offer what’s worked for me. I could see how punching them out could be an issue if the post is embedded in the clear, but if that’s the case, any attempt to get the post out could cause damage.

Haven't moved them this way with Elvira but have on plenty of other games, including Wonka and ST. go slow and tap it out. I'd be more afraid of twisting it or pulling it up with pliers from the top.

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am trying to update Elvira HOH but when I put the USB in and turn on pin it just boots up normal.
The USB is new 16G and just has Elvira code on. Not sure what is wrong, it never asks me to update it just boots normal. This is my first Spike so not sure if there is a DIP switch like SAM.
this is a picture of my USB drive files
[quoted image]

First, I think you need to use an 8gb stick. Second, those aren’t the correct files. should look like this

1EEAFAA0-A7C2-46F4-A82C-15035B6AEEA5 (resized).jpeg1EEAFAA0-A7C2-46F4-A82C-15035B6AEEA5 (resized).jpeg

#3398 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You sure about the 8GB restriction? I believe I used a 32GB drive to update my Batman66 and it worked fine.

no, but typically this has been the case for stern and JJP games. if it works with 32gb go with it.

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from spookydog:

Can anyone give an old timer some advice on a few questions for Elvira HOH. I love the game, bought a new one a few weeks ago, but have some questions on playing it. I did update it to the latest code. Questions are, 1. how do you get the House turret to spin, 2. playing the game a spinning wheel on screen comes on some times and says hit the button, I press the flashing button and it seems nothing happens to stop the wheel, am I doing something wrong. 3. Is there a rule set I can print off somewhere that explains all the shots to make to advance to the higher levels.
Thanks for any help.

The house only spins in certain modes, like house party. You can go into test mode to see if it’s working.

The button not working is an adjustment of the switch. Take the lock bar off, go into switch test mode and push on it to see if it registers. If it does, you’ll need to bend the switch up slightly.

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One of the reasons I got rid of pirates and opted to replace with EHOH was because I was sick of the maintenance. I have rebuilt 90s games but found them to be less finicky. Now I’m starting to worry about my new purchase. I will look through this forum for all the issues so that I’m prepared.

I wouldn't worry about it, I've had the game (premium) since November and have had no issues except a pin on one of the gargoyles coming off. Even my coil stops are good.

#3614 3 years ago

Added the boney flippers to my game, like them a lot better than the stock yellow ones.

Note that there are no holes to align the flippers so if you do replace them, make sure you put down a marker like painters tape so you know where they should sit.

IMG_20200612_100836 (resized).jpgIMG_20200612_100836 (resized).jpgIMG_20200612_100926 (resized).jpgIMG_20200612_100926 (resized).jpg

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hi Really like your apron cards, where might I find some like that, Thanks

I made them myself, thx. Shoot me your email and I’ll send them to you.

#3644 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can't find the "boney flippers" on your site, you still selling them?

We don't sell them, I bought them direct from PPS.

1 week later
#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

Just got premium Tuesday. After 40 plays game is saying house lockup device function. When turn on game house lock coil fires about 15 times than throws the code. When shoot the house ball not recognized. Any suggestions?

I haven’t had the pleasure of taking the house apart, but the behavior you describe sounds like a misaligned/loose opto.

1 week later
#3841 3 years ago

New batch of crypt signs ready to go....

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200627133610841_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200627133610841_COVER (resized).jpg
#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

These are SO awesome I almost want to buy a second set. How about some lights? Haha

Thanks very much! We offer a spotlight option that mimics the flasher inside the crypt so the front of the sign lights up when the crypt flasher is active.

#3922 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello gang just join the club today. Purchase a new premium from automated services in Connecticut.
Built date was November of 2019. Had the old code on it. It played fine with the old code. Updated to 0.97. At first it didn't recognize the node boards. I power cycled and reseated the cat5 cables.
Then it booted up just fine. Started the game and then all sudden the steps to the house started going up and down and would not stop. Power cycle the game. Now soon as you turn the power on the step motor comes on right away and the back door motor. It continuously runs. Has anybody else had this problem?
Thanks.

Could be misaligned optos in the house. Game thinks there is a ball in there. Go into Switch test Mode and see what’s active.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Update now the pin won't even boot up when I tried to put in the test mode. Just those two motors just continuously run.

If it won’t boot, that sounds like a bad sd card. If it says coin door open, you’ve got a loose cable somewhere killing 48v or an issue with the Interlock switch at the coindoor, but the motors should not be running. Make sure no cables are unhooked and then I’d unplug the connectors on the cpu and reseat them.

2 weeks later
#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it looks great without mods! I’m not against mods, but I think it’s a beautiful pin as is.

What really stands out is those horrible yellow flipper bats.

#4127 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Its a brand new USB 64gb ...if i get another one how do i know what the right one is.

I think the sd card should be no larger than 16gb.

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

try another formatted to fat32 not NTFS and make sure files are in the root not in a dir.

USB stick he was talking about not the SD card, however I can confirm 32gb SD card do work in there as well just make sure they are class 10.

sorry, meant USB, not SD. no larger than 16gb I think has been recommended by Stern, but it's possible something has changed along the way as your larger stick seems to work. I have been using two 8gb cruzerblades from Sandisk for years, never had an issue.

1 week later
#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone know what color red powder coat the LE is?

I don’t know, but I did my premium in illusion red.

1 week later
#4417 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Installed the translite last night. The color is good and overall Im happy with it. Honestly, when the game is off it looks better than the factory as the factory is really dark when the game is off. Im not a good photographer and my phone camera sucks but you get the idea.

Here’s mine lit up before and after...the moon on the left with the Elvira logo has a color changer there rotating among various colors. You can’t even see half the artwork on the stock lighting.

FBD057BF-E3A6-44CC-ACBB-D290D13C6926 (resized).jpegFBD057BF-E3A6-44CC-ACBB-D290D13C6926 (resized).jpeg

#4433 3 years ago

Have a chance to grab a real nice Scared Stiff once again. However in my mind as I thought about it is that this game is SS and so much more. I did like the interactive spider over the virtual one now but there will always be a trade off somewhere. I just think for the numbers SS are hitting for now it might not be worth it as the content is covered quite a bit and more in HOH.
Thoughts???

SS is too easy. It has great theme integration and humor, but it’s just too easy to progress through it and not much variety. The spider wheel completion, of course, is very difficult, but to me it’s not that fun trying to. Ehoh is on a completely different level.

1 week later
#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

That hasn't been my funding so far. I call and ask for the price on Elvira house of horrors and every one has come back with the same price. The way people on here talk everyone offers a different price, unless I am doing something wrong that does not appear to be the case. Do I need to change my tactic? Perhaps say "what is the best price you have on an Elvira?"

I don't think you will get much of a break on EHOH. not many come up for sale, and when they do come up, they move pretty quickly. I don't think stern is making them right now, so not an abundance of supply. to me, by far, it's the best game stern has made in quite a while...better than IM and JP.

#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

looking at adding a shaker to my premium...i know stern has qualms about 3rd party motors; is there one that's "known-good"?

I have a regular shaker from cointaker in my game, works great. They include the capacitor kit.

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

for some reason, I thought the ones they sold were the authentic stern shakers

There are no markings on it, but it works well. Have them on all my games. I usually turn the weights to limit the shake as i prefer a faint rumble.

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearsbeatsbsg:

Hiya just bought a new Elvira! I’m pretty sure it’s not working correctly, just wanted to make sure and check if anyone else has this problem. I don’t think the house shot is registering - it will start the haunt, but after that nothing happens when I shoot it in the house. How many times am I supposed to shoot it for another haunt to light and is it supposed to do anything when shooting through it? Also in brain that wouldn’t die the 2nd or 3rd shot tells me to compete the house shot but I’ve shot it up the ramp 3 times and nothing happens even though the shot is lit, so i can’t progress any farther. Any ideas?

First haunt starts with one shot, second with two shots...etc. check your house optos, might be misaligned.

4 weeks later
#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Srry I am sure this has been answered before but i dont want to look through the whole thread
If buying one of these used would you avoid an early run and wait for a used that was built more recently?
Someone I know had an early one and had all kinds of issues, had to replace half the house etc.
I see allot of issues in this thread so wondering what the conclusion has been early vs later ones as far as problems.

All premiums had the issues corrected. I believe games made from November 2019, which is when premiums were made, should be good. Things like missing ramp washer and back door skill shot were fixed at the factory on these later games. That said, games still may need tweaking, most nib games in general do.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I believe this is true with the possible exception that the VUK may not be repositioned on initial run Premiums.

You might be right, though my premium doesn’t seem to have this issue.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I thought it wasn't until December builds that most of the issues were fixed at the factory. My Premium with a mid-November build date still needed the nylon ramp washer when I bought it 2nd-hand last week. Not sure about the improved backdoor guide, but I'm able to routinely make the unskilled shot with just the right plunge. Doesn't seem impossible or anything. But then again, I'm pretty particular about level and pitch of my games.

my premium was made November 20 and already had the washer on the ramp.

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

is that the ramp washer on the ramp? build date ia 11/15/19
[quoted image]

Yes, it’s there.

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

thought so, thanks Rob. do you know when new ball guides were installed for skill shot to house? not sure if this machine would already have them if it had the washer already installed. 11/15 build date.

I was told by stern all premiums had the back door skill shot guide fix.

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

How can you tell? The washer isn't visible in that photo that he posted. Unless you have super image enhancement vision? I certainly don't see any visible white color near the right side of the house ramp. I mean I guess it doesn't really matter either way, as long as he isn't having any problems with his house ramp.

Huh, well all I know is that my Premium needed to have the washer installed correctly. The washer was on the wrong side of the ramp railing on mine. The person I bought it from made it sound like he was the one to install the washer, but maybe I misunderstood him. I suppose it could have been installed incorrectly from the factory, but that would be weird.
Either way, I had to take mine apart to install the washer correctly. So who knows? Ah, the great pinball mysteries....

It's there.

Screenshot_20200920-174954 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200920-174954 (resized).png
#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

This is how it looks:
[quoted image]

I've had the ramp on my game get caught on the pins holding the gargoyles on. i just make sure the pins stay out of the way of the ramp by tapping them over just a bit. it's happened like twice since I've owned the game so definitely not an ongoing issue.

#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Prototype printed. Now I’ve gotta figure out how to mount it. Any ideas?

Doesn't this block the view of the lanes at the top?

2 weeks later
#5355 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are there any games after Safe Cracker that had a topper as part of a standard game?
I thought the Batman 66 topper might start an LE trend. Silly me.

Hot wheels maybe?

#5389 3 years ago

SE and LE numbers are off of IPDB.org, unknown Prem numbers like I posted but it wasn't on the line all that long.

thought they were supposed to be doing another run? still listed as in production on their site, nothing sold out.

1 week later
#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Question for those who have take the pin apart for custom powder coating. We are getting ready to do some custom powder coating and I would like to do the hinges to that hold the back box. But one on the screws / nuts on the right side is behind the power supply box. I don't feel to good about taking that apart. For those who have done it, how hard is it to take it apart and put everything back together again?
Thanks

Very simple. Two screws hold the metal cover on I believe. Take them off and the cover comes right off. Then you have easy access to the nut holding the hinge on.

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I have both. Actually Avengers is one of the funnest shooting pins I’ve ever played. The shots are smooth and lots of great ones. I enjoy it a lot.

Couldn’t agree more. I have both too, can’t go wrong with either, both a great games.

2 weeks later
#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Not sure if someone has mentioned this before in this thread? > But with the new code I am now getting the backdoor shot award more often, even if the ball goes around or near the house.
Anyone else have this issue with the 'backdoor' shot awarding more often that it should?

I do, can’t tell if I’m supposed to or not. Tend to think not, but I don’t get it if it goes around, only when it goes into the house on a left orbit shot. It was doing this prior to the new code.

1 month later
#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

having an issue where the crypt only opens half the time, everything works fine in the test but sometimes i just keep hitting the crypt and it doesnt open. any ideas?

Had this happen last night, not sure what causes it. Opened coin door, went into crypt test and reset it, worked fine thereafter.

2 weeks later
#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Supply and demand. Used ones with just a few mods are selling for 7800 and up.

Yep. There’s a premium listed as sale pending at $9200. another listed for $8600. well liked the game and lack of new supply. LEs likely will be hard to find. Even when stern makes more premiums, if they do, my guess is it would only be a small run. I had thought about selling mine a couple of months ago, but couldn’t part with it.

2 weeks later
#6536 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

All have a gap some bigger. Than others and nothing can be done other than putting a strip of colored film like we use for inserts above to cover the gap,looks better than the gap
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This game is up for trade ,guns le only

I have a gap on mine, some days it’s wider than others. Wish there was a fix as it looks pretty odd.

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Was Elvira effected by color issues in playfield screening (like TMNT)
Or pooling issues in the clear coat (JP / Tmnt)

No and No

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Anyone that can help would be appreciated. I am getting points when I push both flippers. Seems like it’s making a gargoyle target hit, any help?

Go into switch test and see what’s active.

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Any thoughts as to why the auto-plunge might be firing automatically not giving me a chance at a skill shot? I’m thinking it might have something to do with the playfield protector moving around in the shooter lane, but it’s happened a few times, on the first ball and on any subsequent ball.

Shooter lane switch. Go into switch test and see if it’s active.

1 week later
#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Hi guys, I received my NIB Elvira last weekend!!! So lucky to get one and happy with it. One of the best games I’ve ever played/owned.
Just got a couple of questions. Has anyone had trouble when the house is “open” ready to start a mode when you shoot it the ball hits something and does not stay in there (rolling straight back out/down the Middle) just as the mode starts? It is very random and maybe does it 30% of the time. So frustrating. Also the back door skill shot is impossible on this machine where as the one I played on site before mine I could make quite easily? Craig form Harry up pinball did mention something about the bracket might be the wrong/old one? Thought there might be something I could adjust ? Thanks for your thoughts.

When was your game made? Early games required an updated bracket for the back door skill shot. Games made after November 2019 all had the updated part. Mine was made in November 2029 and had it, but early November games did not. It’s not an easy shot to make.

Not sure about balls being rejected in the house. I’ve had it happen very occasionally, but not enough that it requires a few.

2 weeks later
#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Thanks. I played around a little more with it and I think this will be the final design. I will add this to my Pinside shop today sometime. $10 shipped should cover it. I will also add it to my Blood dripping plastics for a additional $5.
As far as the Text goes I will stick with "Elvira". Maybe I will add a option for custom text down the road.
Thanks again guys![quoted image]

Nice! I’ll take one.

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have two questions
Is it normal that the door doesn’t close complete at the crypt ?
And when the house is open it sometimes reject the ball to the front before animation stops. Is that a known issue ?[quoted image]

Crypt door gap is normal. Can’t really be adjusted.

Not sure I understand your second question,

#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi
Not sure if this has been discussed but
My game plays AMAZING now after requiring some bad parts changed
Just Having a slight issue with my cellar VUK
the ball goes in under the ramp and awards the shot but sits there and game doesn’t see it or kick that coil in a ball search
So I go into test and pop the ball in cellar vuk test then on the next ball search when the ramp lifts the ball releases
The switch works in test so I am wondering what might cause this
I could also record a video as well if my words are confusing
If this has been discussed can someone point me in the right direction
Actually surprised that 1 coil doesn’t kick searching for a lost ball (maybe a suggestion for next update if it comes)
Thanks in advance

I thought there was a set of optos in there, maybe one is loose or misaligned?

#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is there a fix for the draining from the pop bumpers ?This happens very often on mine

Make sure your game is leveled properly.

2 weeks later
#7383 3 years ago

I played a few games last night on the new code, didn’t notice any bugs or issue with sound and call outs. Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention.

1 month later
#7877 2 years ago

I

Quoted from Chalkey:

Yall must have your shit set up at baby game level. Nobody has topped 600m on mine. If you're getting over a billion a game time to make some changes.
Don't listen to the guys that don't know how to set up a pin. This game is the goat and gets played daily in a house with 14 titles.

I’ve had the game since it came out, my high is like 570 mil.

3 weeks later
#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, do any current owners have this crypt cover mod? Just curious if it is worth enhancing the dead head crypt or if it isn’t much of an upgrade on the stock sign.
https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

The sign in question is ours, Cointaker is one of our resellers. Surprised to hear some of the negative feedback as we have sold a lot of these with nearly zero complaints. I think it’s actually pretty detailed and took a lot of time to craft. I think we had one person raise an issue with the color and that’s it. It makes a huge difference compared to the flat stock plastic and works particularly well when used with the optional interactive spotlight that comes on with the house flasher. Search the thread and I’m sure you’ll see people mentioning it, all positively. That said, I respect those who may not like it.

1 week later
#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have the game perfectly level with the bubble on the shooter lane, and side to side using another level.
For sure leveling is not a issue.
I either have a lemon, or this game is actually haunted.
Averaging 8 ball searches a game.
SDTM stuff so bad that I reset the ball save from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. (I have never done that, but this game is possessed).
Briefly it was fun.
Anyway, I am not great at issues like this game is having.
If you are in my area, and you think you can easily fix this game, I will gladly give you $100.00 if you can get this game to work correctly.
It also auto plunges at random, so if you are not there and ready when it is your turn, you may be SOL.
The worst area is called the attic? The target works fine, but then the ball gets lost in that area.
It also gives some random points, but not too many. (but that is the least of the issues).
Frustrated, but happy.

Some of your problems are related. If your game is awarding random points, a switch is misaligned. This may be related to your auto plunge issue. Because points are being awarded, the game thinks a ball is in play and a ball is in the shooter lane when it shouldn’t be so the game kicks it out. Find the switch that is awarding points and your auto plunge issue likely will go away. As someone noted, go into active switch test mode and see what’s listed. Flaky optos or a leaf switch like for the sling shots or targets is misaligned. This is a relatively easy fix.

Sdtm is likely a leveling issue. Raise one of the back legs a few turns and that should help.

If a ball is getting stuck in the house, that’s likely an opto issue. I haven’t experienced this issue, but I think you may need to remove the house, but first check underneath the playfield to make sure things are plugged in correctly.

#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I finally got my EHOH out of the box and setup this morning. Mine has a build date of May 15.
I'd hoped I'd have a no issue build but 10 plays in and the flippers aren't working correctly and some of lights seem off (tough to say on the lights for sure as this game is brand new to me). The flippers will all of a sudden work for a few flips and one (or both) will go dead and the ball drains.... almost as of they are haunted.
I've gone under the playfield to check for loose connections but nothing stood out. Anyone else having this issue or ideas on what could be causing it? So frustrating with a brand new 8k + game.

Game off, Unplug the connectors on the cpu and plug them back in. Then go to the node boards under the playfield and do the same. See if that’s what gets you going.

#8454 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Here is a picture of the cabinet node and CPU boards. Anything here look off or in the wrong place to those in the know? The flippers fire fine when I run a coil/switch test. The game is unplayable right now, though, with the random non firing flipper problem while trying to play.

Curious if your sling shots, vuk and pop bumpers are having similar issues? That would suggest you have 48v problem and not just a flipper problem

#8610 2 years ago
Quoted from minwick:

Any chance anyone can figure this one out? Unhappy hour starts by itself and continues without a ball on the playfield. It continues for about 30 seconds and racks up over 300 mill on the score. Checking out realigning ramp optos, but I have been unsuccessful thus far. Recent issue. We have had the game since relatively early in production. This is the first issue we have encountered. I have a video. Just have not figured out how to upload it.

If it starts by itself, your ramp optos are triggering. Go into switch test mode and see what’s active.

#8627 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I swapped out my JP node board 8 (blue board under the playfield by the left flipper) to see if that was why my flippers were malfunctioning. As some have referenced, that at least appears to be part of the problem.
The good news is the flippers are now working properly and I can at least play the game. However, I noticed my GI lights on both sides under the slings are not working (referenced in one of the warnings). I 'm pretty sure it has been this way since I unboxed it last Saturday as I remember thinking the game was very dark. The other issue I'm having is that the ball rarely stays in the house now when starting a mode. It pops out the right side 75% of the time instead.
The warning I don't understand at all and am most concerned about is the node 8 overcurrent warning (see attached pictures). Anyone know what the overcurrent means?
Is the JP board different than the one in Elvira (doesn't appear to be). My distributor is going to contact Stern Monday about these issues but does anyone here have any insight? (I can't believe this is a NIB game!)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Overcurrent means you have a short somewhere. Check your light sockets. There have been reports of solder inside the sockets causing issues.

#8629 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks! Which light sockets? The GI lights out under the slings?

The ones that are out

1 week later
#8887 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Glad that worked for you. It has been two weeks since I received mine. Disconectingvl and reconnecting node board 8 didnt work for me. Swapping out that board with my JP fixed the flipper issue for me but the lower GI lights (led chain 171) are all out and my house doesnt hold the ball when starting up a new mode (pops out to the right pop bumpers).
Anyone have any ideas? I cant find any exposed wires or visible shorts.

You have to remove each light socket that is out, remove each bulb and examine the inside of the socket for solder blobs.

#8906 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the tip. I did what you said, powered the machibe back on, and now the lower GI is working!
I didnt see any solder blobs anywhere or any disconnected bulbs, though. For future reference, if one bulb isnt sitting in its socket correctly, will that cause the entire chain to go out? Any idea why it would send an overcurrent warning about node board 8?
My next issue is my house isnt holding the ball when starting up a mode (the ball almost immediately shoots out to the right pop bumpers). Any idea on what needs to be done to fix this issue?
Lastly, is it normal for the spinning turret at the top of the house not to center when static? Mine doesn't center. I unscrewed it, straightened, and screwed back in but nothing has seemingly changes (still sideways static - see picture).
[quoted image]

I’m not sure on the house, but most issues I’ve read about seem to revolve around the optos being misaligned. I’m trying to think of the logic why a ball would spit out of the house immediately and am drawing a blank, other than the bad opto makes the game think the ball was already in the house and so it spits it right out.. I’ve never taken my house off so not quite sure what’s under there or how things work. Someone on this thread recently posted a video how to take the house off, looked very easy, just a few screws and it lifts right out. Maybe give it a shot. To remove the house, the video also showed how to remove the turret so you can check on centering. My turret is not 100% centered, but it looks better than yours.

I know it seems like a lot of work to do all of this and you shouldn’t have to for a new game, but in the end you’ll have a much better understanding of how your game works and will be able and more confident to fix future issues. You’ve already fixed your GI issues, good job on that.

6FA125B2-6E7C-42CC-B95D-E9EC76766D53 (resized).jpeg6FA125B2-6E7C-42CC-B95D-E9EC76766D53 (resized).jpeg

#8926 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! This is exactly what the issue was. The bracket holding the opto was too close to the solenoid bar that goes up and down at the back. I pulled the opto bracket away far enough for the solenoid bar to move freely up and down. It knocked the opto off but I have it back working... for now.
The ball now occasionally comes back down the middle ramp on mode startup so it isnt 100% holding the ball. Is that the same issue or something else?
Lastly, I'm guessing it is something simple but now when I open the coin door and pull out the white lever to try to get into the settings, the buttons aren't working (volume control buttons not working either). Ideas?

Unplug connectors on cpu board in backbox and cabinet node board by left flipper and reseat them. Had this exact issue on my Elvira. Connectors are shown below. Cn12 at cabinet node board and cn25 on the cpu in backbox.

F5329F0A-B34D-465B-AD6B-A70DADEE9531 (resized).jpegF5329F0A-B34D-465B-AD6B-A70DADEE9531 (resized).jpeg
#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks! Turns out the connector to the board on the side of the cabinet where the shaker plugs had come loose.

I'm 2 for 3 helping you...not too bad! slowly but surely you are getting your game to where it should be. What's left to fix?

#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks again for the help! I'm getting closer. The ball is no longer shooting out to the right pop bumpers everytime it starts up a mode.
Now it holds the ball about 50% of the time like it should when entering the house and starting a mode. The other 50% it goes in, triggers a mode, and then comes back out down the middle ramp (where it entered) while the mode is being introduced. Any ideas on why it doesn't hold the ball 100%? Does it work for most 100% or is the inoinsistency just the norm with this game?

So you are saying you shoot the ramp and the ball immediately comes back out down the ramp, like you bricked the shot, but the mode still starts? I’ve had that happen, but it’s fairly rare, certainly not 50%. Like I said earlier, I’ve never taken the house off, but sounds like something is misaligned preventing a clean shot into the house…if I understand your issue correctly.

3 months later
#9750 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Wondering if anyone might have some insight on this: The trough is occasionally kicking out 2 balls at once in to the shooter lane. Doesn’t seem to me like the trough power is up too high as sometimes it barely kicks out the ball enough(not often but sometimes.) I guess I can try lowering the kick out strength but curious if it could be something else? Thx for any help!

Try unplugging the connectors to the trough board and reseating them.

#9771 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Has anyone replaced flipper bats with the scared stiff boney finger flipper bats?
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10343

many of us have, search this thread.

2 weeks later
#9892 2 years ago

Wonder if we might get more code. Game is pretty full, but more haunts would be nice.

5 months later
#10862 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I've ordered an Elvira: Can some of you kindly recommend some mods and where to get them?
I'll start reading the thread too to see whats still available. I know I'm a little late to the party, it's been 2 years now since the release.
Anyone who has stuff lying around for sale, PM me.

You can see what we offer here:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods

Crypt sign is the most popular.

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Someone better?
[quoted image]

How is that even possible? That must have been a two hour game.

#10901 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I joined the club today. A couple of issues on my game that I need help fixing:
1) The ball gets stuck in the cellar. I can hear the coil trying to fire and then it goes to an error (basement lockup or something like that) and does not work. The only way to get the ball out is to open up, lift the playfield, and push the ball out to the right with my finger.
2) The "G" gargoyle does not fire up. Just by looking at it quickly I haven't figured out how it works.

On 2, it’s a leaf switch. Make sure nothing is binding preventing it from activating. Might be the gargoyle is just a little misaligned, or the leaf switch gap is too wide. Try to push on it in test mode to see if it activates.

1 might be an opto, but if coil is trying to fire, would seem opto is working. Something not registering properly or coil has an issue.

2 weeks later
#10988 2 years ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

here's pictures of my Elivra House Of Horrors Signature Edition
I'd like to add some mods any suggestions

We have quite a few offerings for Ehoh…

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods

4 months later
#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

It probably is the left ramp return opto. It makes the right sound and the laser is lined up over plastic and not the hole. I unscrewed the ramp and wiped it down really good. Its not dirty. Well see if that helps. But the otpo is very securely attached. And i dont want to drill a hole!

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but have you gone into switch test mode to see what’s active and what is triggering. Pull out the interlock switch and eject a ball into the shooter lane. A few switch’s will activate like shooter lane switch and trough switches, but maybe something else will trigger. Could it be one of your sling shots or perhaps a rollover switch? Very well could be an opto, but would be a waste to take things apart before nailing it down.

1 month later
#11773 1 year ago

For anyone interested, we have a small batch of 6 crypt signs available.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

PXL_20220929_180628933.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20220929_180628933.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20220929_181506359.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20220929_181506359.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
1 month later
#12055 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Looking for some advice on setup. Right now I don’t really like my Elvira because everything seems to drain too easy (bounces off slings, gargoyles, etc. all seem to get pulled like magnets to the outlanes or sdtm. Is this normal? I’m not a great pinball player, but this seems worse than any game I own and I hadn’t really seen anyone mentioning this so I thought maybe the setup on this one is really sensitive to pitch or something else...

You own Mando, it's 100x worse than ehoh for drains. I don't find ehoh to be a drain monster. The shots are far away and the ball can be controlled. Maybe adjust the sensitivity of your slings or lower the power.

#12058 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think that’s why it feels worse, with Mando the shots are so close it’s no surprise when they rocket back and drain. This feels like you are super unlucky with any bounce. I was guessing this wasn’t the common experience on here. I need to check my pitch, but I thought I was up around 6.8-7.0 which I thought would help with the outlanes a bit. Maybe I just need to learn how to nudge, it’s something I haven’t worked on yet…

I'm at 6.8

2 weeks later
#12122 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I agree.... I don't think Bond is going to meet expectations at all.
Truth is, it's too dated. It has a lot of fans, but not of the right demo (IMO). Connery Bond is 60's with a tiny bit of 70's.... that's going to be before a lot of people were born. You've gotta be 51 just to be alive when one came out. Too old a theme, and too focused an audience.
I was at Universal a couple months back and was noticing how old the people were in Harry Potter land...... it was shocking. Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

Woz seemed to have worked as a theme, and it’s a childish theme from 80 years ago. Bond movies from that era are timeless, I don’t think it matters if you were born when they came out. The game is very good, tons of flow, good assets and even though it’s early code, you can see the rules are good.

#12139 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My wife and were at Pincinatti last weekend, and we were able to play Bond extensively. Both the pro and premium. My honest takeaway? Pro is a snoozefest. Premium is semi fun due to the extra wireforms and mechs. I found none of the shots to be fun or satisfying with the exception of the top left corner shot that feeds all the way around the back, and down to the left flipper. I realize the code is in its infancy, but code can't fix unsatisfying shots. All that to get to my point which is... I don't think Bond is going to be a big hit, and I was told by a distributor that Stern confirmed another run of EHOH in March. Im on a wait list and thats just what I was told.

I find it to be the opposite, to each his own. It's got great flow, some unique shots and a good albeit nascent rule set. Good assets so far from what I've seen and im sure more to come. It reminds me a bit of Deadpool, which isn't surprising given the designer.

2 months later
#13301 1 year ago

Very small batch of crypt signs for those getting new games. We will have more of these, but just a couple left right now.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign/v/EHH-CRYPT-SGN-CRY-SGN

6D5F1393-9E6C-45BB-AC24-BA58E8AF56A2 (resized).jpeg6D5F1393-9E6C-45BB-AC24-BA58E8AF56A2 (resized).jpeg
#13424 1 year ago

All you guys getting new games, very happy for you all. I’ve taken for granted having one since the beginning. Hope you like it as much as I do, it’s a masterpiece.

1 week later
#13830 1 year ago
Quoted from mchamps:

It seems like I'm having the same issue on my shooter lane that others have mentioned during the recent run.
As you can see from the attached picture & video the groove in the playfield shooter lane is offset from the metal shooter lane launch. When I plunge the ball the wood groove guides the ball to the left then when it meets to the metal part it corrects the shoot to the right.
I don't think there is really any resolve here due to the fact that the two screws holding in the shooter lane launch metal is not adjustable.

[quoted image]

Take the metal piece off and see if it shoots better. That will confirm whether that is the issue. Can you also post a pic of how the ball sits in the shooter lane so we can see plunger position.

#13987 1 year ago

Having some intermittent issue with a friends garage lock. He shoots a ball into the lock, doesn’t always register as a lock and kicks it out. The 3 optos all register in test mode, but I’m guessing maybe they are flaky or loose since it doesn’t happen all the time. Anyone had this issue?

What’s the best way to get at those optos? Looks like house and left ramp need to be removed to get at the ball guides?

#13989 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Probably not the issue, but make sure the correct switches are registering, not just 'a switch'. My GZ had a couple swapped. I initially just checked that a switch was registering, then realized the wrong switch number was being indicated.

Thx, but it’s not a newer run game. He’s had it a while and it just started occurring. I have the game, but never encountered this issue or had things apart.

#14088 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Sorry forgot to mentioned. The menu buttons in the coin door have to be pressed harder than any other pin I have or owned. Not sure why or if things were changed, or if there is a way to make then lighter to press to register... Not a huge deal, just surprised me.

Things changed. A lot of the newer games suffer from this. Be thankful yours actually work. I've had to get replacements from stern. I think pinballife may sell them too. Kind of crazy this happens in new games.

1 week later
#14332 1 year ago

We have one eyeball shooter rod in stock. Made by Pinball Mods Brasil. Handcrafted and hand painted. Professional high resistance resin and high quality clear coat

https://lermods.com/products/eyeball-shooter-rod

IMG_0037 (resized).jpegIMG_0037 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14623 12 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

With the help of my distro, figured out my machines problems: fixed the action button (got stuck down), and the two balls in the shooter lane was a blown trough opto board (registering balls that weren't there).
Now I'll get to see what waiting on Stern for a part is like.
Can't say enough good things about my distro and the time he gave to help me on the phone and by email (shoutout to FUN! in Texas - thank you Craig).
I hope that's all that's was wrong with it, but after a board trashing out after 12 games... who knows!! It's not like I've gotten all the gears and motors to run yet. I did see the ball get stuck trying to drop into the trunk from the ramp..... but that was with balls flying everywhere (the only time I've seen the trunk open).... so another thing to troubleshoot later, unless it was a fluke.
Well, now I have time to install the pile of mods from the last two years.

Two balls in the shooter lane doesn’t necessarily mean a bad board, it’s a pretty common issue that can usually be solved by unplugging and reseating the trough connectors. Sometimes vibration from the eject can cause the connectors to come loose. It’s been pretty rare for a trough board to be bad.

#14629 12 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Yeah, I don't know... the 1st thing they had me check was those connections. They were firmly seated, and I pushed and wiggled them.
I'll try unplugging them and see
I was interesting to take the balls out, and have it show three red leds lit on the trough board. In the test screen it was showing a ball in the fifth and first ball positions all the times (with no balls). Didn't make sense to me that the screen and the led's didn't really match up.
Nice to learn though. Figuring out what to look for.

You can also check the connections where the wiring from the trough boards run back to, reseat those as well.

3 weeks later
#14985 11 months ago

We have a batch of 10 crypt signs back in stock.

https://lermods.com/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign?variant=44982642540866

We also will have a crypt roof mod that will be available in the coming couple of weeks. I think we are going to price it at $30 plus whatever shipping is. If there is interest in the roof mod, just send me a message and I’ll add you to the list. It is held on with some blue painters tape so it’s easy to remove if needed. If I use stronger mounting tape, it will be an issue to get off.

IMG_0194 (resized).jpegIMG_0194 (resized).jpegIMG_0198 (resized).jpegIMG_0198 (resized).jpegIMG_0199 (resized).jpegIMG_0199 (resized).jpegIMG_0200 (resized).jpegIMG_0200 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#15077 10 months ago

Crypt roof mod now available:

https://lermods.com/products/elvira-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-roof

IMG_0198 (resized).jpegIMG_0198 (resized).jpegIMG_0200 (resized).jpegIMG_0200 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#15269 9 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone have an issue where the backdoor skill shot is wayyyyy too easy to hit? Manual or auto plunge doesn’t matter. It goes in the backdoor about 95% of the time.
I know it’s the “un-skilled shot” but come on now.

Mine is very difficult to hit. How could you hit it on auto plunge since the ball shoots all the way to the left flipper?

2 weeks later
#15329 9 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

What’s the deal with all the EHOH on the market?

I think people get frustrated or are concerned about the problems the game can have and don’t want to deal with it. Personally, I haven’t had any issues, but this thread contains a lot of posts about house opto, crypt, gargoyle and crate issues.

1 week later
#15391 8 months ago
Quoted from BillBaroud:

Hello all,
I got my own Elvira HOH back in April and so far it has been a lot of fun and proved to be very popular with family and friends.
However, I noticed a weird behavior which started a few weeks ago: Haunt modes start by themselves while the ball is in the bumpers (instead of when entering the mansion).
I don’t believe this is expected behavior. Did anyone encounter a similar issue?
Software update is 1.0.5
Thanks!

I think it’s an opto issue. You’ll need to check they aren’t loose. Not sure if you can do it from underneath or if you have to remove the house to get at them. You can first go into switch test mode and bang on the playfield to see if those optos register.

#15396 8 months ago
Quoted from BillBaroud:

Thanks for the tip, I will investigate this; although I don’t feel confident enough at this stage to remove the house

It’s not very hard if you have to do it. It’s just a few screws. There’s a good video in this thread somewhere, likely as a key post.

1 month later
#15565 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Any tips for reattached these guys? I've had 2 come off in the last month, and hot glue isn't holding this guy.
[quoted image]

Jbweld

2 weeks later
#15696 7 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

This is my fix is for the Crypt VUK, Crypt Kicker build Date Feb 24th, 2023 with updated mounting screw holes from the factory.
VUK power default = 255.
I just sanded out the white up post with a ball grinder via the HurryUpPinball YouTube Video:
so the ball can sit in it AND adjusted the subway exit hole to be exactly center around the white up post (with the playfield up on the backbox mine was too far down so I had to rise it up a tad by taking off the top 2 screws and re-screwing a new hole on the top right of the subway.): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/314#post-7761593
I'm getting 90-100% hits now, most importantly no dribble/weak shots.
Hopefully this helps people moving forward that don't have to dig through tons of posts.
Maybe want to start labeling/updating older posts that don't have relevant/mis-leading information in them.
Also if this fix is so easy why doesn't Stern actually make an VUK up post that is concave for the ball rather than being flat??

Thanks for posting. I tried this fix last night and it appears to have worked for me. I didn’t have a ball dremel ball so I did it differently using drill bits. Start with a small 1/16th bit to make a shallow ~1/16th pilot hole. Then progressively use larger bits until you get that divot, you don’t need to drill deeper than 1/16th or so. The last bit I used was 1/4”. I do have a drill press, not sure I’d attempt it with a hand drill.

#15700 7 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have mine sorta dialed in by moving the subway, but I still get maybe 20 percent dribbles that hit the left sling. Gonna try this fix too thanks, guys

How did you move the subway? There are a lot of screws holding it on. Did you drill a lot of the holes? My subway just barely overlaps the vuk hole, but the drill fix i did seems to have done the trick.

#15703 7 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just unscrew a few of them and rework them I to the playfield in a different spot. This is THE fix for the vuk issue. You literally don't need anything else. Mine hits the top target 95% of the time, the other 5% either hits the middle target or goes just a little too high above the top. Never got a single solitary dribble since. Not one.

Is the ball supposed to hit the top target every time? Mine hits middle or lower mostly, but it now comes out stronger and shoots across the playfield

4 weeks later
#15880 6 months ago
Quoted from Renegade:

For those that have the crypt sign mod... I'm just now installing and see it doesn't completely cover the top of the original plastic. Looks kind of funny to me. If I raise it there's a gap at the bottom posts.
Where did you guys position it?

Raise it up so there is a gap at the bottom and it covers the plastic at the top. If you make it flush with the bottom, you can’t access the screw if you ever needed.

2 weeks later
#16323 5 months ago

Blood Red Kiss edition of our popular crypt sign that was produced in black and white to match the game. For this version, we added illuminated red skull eyes that are interactive with the crypt flasher. Since nobody has an actual game yet, we can’t show it in a game. We have four currently available. If there is demand for illuminated eyes on our standard sign for the LE or Premium, we might consider producing it, so feel free to reach out.

https://lermods.com/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-bood-red-kiss-crypt-sign

IMG_0657 (resized).jpegIMG_0657 (resized).jpegIMG_0659 (resized).jpegIMG_0659 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#17479 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah my BRK definitely looks like the real deal.
Only a few days in and I'm loving this game more and more. The playfield is full of goodies, shots are smooth, the modes are really fun, the callouts and movie clips are classic and the quirky music puts a smile on my face. Not sure why I waited so long to join this club?!!

Best part, it never gets old! I have a premium off the very first run and I still love playing the game.

#17510 3 months ago

Four eyeball shooter rods available. High quality resin cast.

https://lermods.com/collections/shooter-rods

IMG_0751 (resized).jpegIMG_0751 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#17693 78 days ago

We are running a quick sale on Ehoh roof mods, just the regular version, not BRK. The deal is buy a regular sign, get a free roof.

Add both to the cart and then use code FREEROOF. There are only three units available for this deal. If you have any trouble at checkout, please contact me.

https://lermods.com/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

https://lermods.com/products/elvira-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-roof

3 weeks later
#17800 56 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

My EHOH randomly started resetting today. Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior before?

Check all your connections to the cpu and node boards, but you might want to also reflash the sd card.

1 month later
#17970 21 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I have a stock Elvira and I feel the lighting is a bit dark. I was thinking of swapping out all the GI leds to Comet 2smd warm whites. The stock stern leds seem to dim to me. Has anyone else swapped in brighter GI bulbs and have some advice to share? I’d also like to see a good way to add a spot light onto the face of the deadhead crypt. It’s very dark in that area. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

The game often dims down the gi so not sure a different bulb will help.

We offer a low profile and inexpensive spotlight that you can use to light the crypt or other areas of the playfield.

https://lermods.com/products/low-profile-spotlights

3 weeks later
#18069 17 hours ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

One question, everything working great but is that left orbit shot supposed to bleed down mostly into the left slingshot? Seems to hit the sling and pop it over to the right flipper often and wondering if it need adjustment or as intended.
[quoted image]

It’s supposed to feed down to the left flipper. You may have to mess with the metal orbit rail to push it out slightly.

#18073 15 hours ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Start with applying a small piece of mylar to the ball guide close to the edge. Fixed that issue for me.

He can also check his game level, making sure it’s not leaning too far to the left.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.