IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 4 years ago

Trying to send photos, but can’t seem to get them to post right. Will try later.

Anyways, got my pin from my buddy Zach and FlipnOut pinball. When I see his company van pull in front of my house, I now know the excitement when the ladies see a flower truck pulling up.

First of all, before I forget, did anyone else notice the NIB stern box Image sitting in the background of the first ball lock screen? Cool little Easter egg. Also, on the back glass you will notice a tombstone bearing the classic line from Night of the Living Dead stating “we’re coming to get you Barbara”, with the name Barbara marked out by a skeleton laying on the ground and replaced with Elviras name. Love it!

Okay, the pin is absolutely beautiful. With all of the goodies installed, this pin reminds me of my feeling when I got my STLE pin. I will agree it will definitely need a lot of code, but this baby has the potential to be one of Sterns best. The art package is one of the best I have ever seen and I love the mirrored back glass. At first I thought the ramps wouldn’t be too good because they weren’t metal like I prefer, but they shoot real nice and smooth. The house is just a cool toy and I think will rival the MM castle in time, especially with the cool lighting effects. The crypt has writing on the side that lights up with different phrases which I never noticed before. Before leaving, Zach filmed HD close ups of the pin and playfield and a little bit of gameplay, so check a later episode of SDTM to see it. Oh, can’t forget about the side rails and the dark, candy apple red color Stern used on this pin. Beautiful baby!

I had to work late yesterday and I had a couple of people over last night to play the pin, so I really didn’t get the chance to play it that much last night, so take that for granted as you read moving forward.

I noticed several times during the game I would hit underneath the lift ramp, but it didn’t really reward me anything ( even though it was lit) and a couple of times I would look up and not see anything lit to hit at all. Again, later code will fix this. I hit one multiball shot ( I think it was something like attic multiball) and the screen showed Elvira talking, but it had no sound at all. Didn’t notice the tower to turn at all as well. But it looks like it’s going to have several multiball modes in this game, which is awesome.

My pin did not have the latest code installed, but from what I heard from other pinsiders about their problem with the different lights in the game flipping off and on whenever they hit the flipper buttons, I’m kinda nervous about doing it. For the ones who did do the update, does it make that big of a difference in regards to gameplay elements if I do the update?

In closing, I am very happy with this purchase and I cannot wait until the latest code hits( which rumors has may be in time for Chicago Expo). I have Elvira sitting next to Munsters and they really compliment each other well. Cmon Halloween!!!

1ABEC51E-56C0-4905-B86D-F98099195B1C (resized).jpeg1ABEC51E-56C0-4905-B86D-F98099195B1C (resized).jpeg1C837675-C026-4689-BC5A-86676F047788 (resized).jpeg1C837675-C026-4689-BC5A-86676F047788 (resized).jpegC8A5E331-9728-4BE0-800A-70B93F1F6309 (resized).jpegC8A5E331-9728-4BE0-800A-70B93F1F6309 (resized).jpeg
#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I guess I should be really excited to get my premium. The good thing is that maybe by the time I get mine the code will be already updated in my game. I’m going to put it next to my Munsters LE too. Do you think it is better than ghostbusters, Metallica or Munsters the way it is ? Or will it be better than any of them with better code. Or is it a better game than them already?

MET will be tough to beat because it has awesome toys as well. To me, I struggled with GB when I had it. I just thought the shots were clunky, but I heard the new code is awesome. IMO I think Munsters and Elvira both shoot smooth, but I sincerely feel once Lyman is done with Elvira it could possibly top all (3).

A lot of Elviras call outs from Scared Stiff made it into the new pin, which is great. If you even remotely like Halloween, bad horror flicks and Elvira, then I think it’s a definite must buy. Hard to judge HOH just yet because right now it’s feels so incomplete with missing adjustments, added effects and modes, etc.

#268 4 years ago

I get it, but he goes to all the threads in relation to Elvira and posts it. It's like he's trying to bash someone's happiness in getting that pin. He did the same to all the Munsters' threads.

I swear, I think some people just roll out of bed each morning to figure out how to cause misery in other people's lives. I don't blame the moderators on this one.

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Played a couple of premiums at expo. Liked it. There were two issues and wondering if it’s common. The first was balls flying off the left ramp into the outlanes and drain, I think because it’s hitting the crate. The second was rejects to the ball lock in the house (left side).

Had that problem with my LE recently. Took a look and just discovered the screws holding the top of the trunk was loose, so I tightened them all up and it works perfectly now. No sweat and an easy fix.

3 months later
#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Please stop telling people they don't need the revised skill shot ball guide. The revised parts are needed for it to work correctly. If you set your game up with a steep pitch (and level) you will not be able to make the skill shot without the revised guides. Once you have the revised guides, the skill shot difficulty is perfect for the game (very similar to Funhouse).
Anyone that does not have the revised ball guides should definitely get them. It really adds a lot when you have the functioning skill shot.

Hate to disagree with ya T7, but he's right. When I first got my HOH, my skill shot worked perfectly. I could hit that shot at least (1) out of (4) times and now, for some unknown reason, I can't hit that shot if my life depended on it. I had some buddies over and they messed with the level of the pin and every since then the shot is impossible to hit. I even went back and put the legs back to it's original setting with no pitch whatsover, but to no avail. Just doesn't make sense.

Yes, I did send a text to my distributor asking about the replacement part and no response whatsoever. Plus, I hate the thought of taking almost the whole upper part of the playfield off just to fix a problem I didn't have before.

Love the pin though and glad I got it. Medisynl mods are highly recommended and the trees mentioned above do add the haunted atmosphere as mentioned above.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium all set up today. Adding some mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice call back and homage to the SS mods Tatman. I’m really loving the side armor, even better than the armor that came with the LE.

#2127 4 years ago

Gotta ask though. Where did you get the free play card on the right. Would love to have one for my EHOH pin.

1 month later
#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Hey everyone. I finally made a video of my topper. I apologize in advance for the shaky camera work.

[quoted image]

6 months later
#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry I missed it, sounds like topper is more interactive that I originally thought.
Does she scream at you with new code?

Yes, mostly during some multiball starts. The shaker motor goes off at the same time to add to the effect if you have one. Not as loud as the scream in GB, but hoping this adjustment could be added. I personally love the topper and it really adds to the overall fun experience with the game.

3 months later
#6673 3 years ago

Yeah I mean the mod would go with the machine if I ever sold it, no way I tire of that mod its killer haha!
With the said I had a new idea.
RIP
Bally Williams
1932-1999
could just do Bally or B/W
feedback welcome but from what I can tell the first bally machine was 1932</blockquote
That’s a good idea. Wish I would have thought of it when I first ordered the mod.

#6674 3 years ago

That’s a good idea. Wish I would have thought of it when I first ordered the mod.

2 weeks later
#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I like the way they look so much I bought a set.
[quoted image]

I like these better than the plain red ones that came on my LE.

2 weeks later
#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We officially joined the club today. Drove 9 hours round trip to pick up this beauty! Now I need to call my distributor and try and cancel my open order for one. I got a good deal and did not want to risk Stern not making another run.
[quoted image]

Even your dog is happy. Win Win!

1 month later
#7973 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

It sounds like you have a switch/opto out of adjustment.
I believe others have had a similar problem caused by an opto behind the house. Go into switch test to see if you see any switches that are pulsing, especially when you cause a vibration near the house.

Hey Robert. I forgot to touch base with you about your advice you gave me on fixing the VUK kicker.

I did the adjustment you suggested and it works perfect now. Most (if not all) shots now shoot across the playfield and hits the targets.

So thanks buddy. This small adjustment just made my pin better!

1 month later
#8572 2 years ago

Hey guys.

I just bought a bag full of SS parts (boogie men, boney beast head and bones, etc) and was wanting to experiment with putting them on the EHOH playfield in homage and loving memory of the SS pin I use to own and miss. (sniff sniff)

Anyways, I know a pinsider did this and I recall him putting the boney beast skull head at the entrance of the right ramps, along with the rib pieces circling around the ramp as well. Did anybody do this or recall who did this and, if you did, how did you attach the boney beast head?

You can answer me here or thru a private chat message here on Pinside. I appreciate any help you throw my way. Thanks in advance!

#8596 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Looks a lot like my EHOH [quoted image]

Yep, it must have been your pin.

I really like the look of your pin. I was able to figure out how to mount the boney beast head right at the entrance of the right ramp. I took the ribs and ran them down both sides of the plastic ramps and it looks awesome IMO. I wanted to incorporate some of the toys from SS, so I was able to add the boney beast, the coffin top to the stiff in the coffin, the boney flippers and the dancing boogie men (although I haven’t added them yet). The ribs doesn’t get in the way of the trunk and Medisynl mods that I have on the pin as well.

I’ll be sending in a pic to this thread soon, so thanks for your help fellas. Such a fantastic pin and the house ranks up there with the MM castle as one of the best toys with added features ever added to the pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#9973 2 years ago

Everybody knows this is just a HUGE cash grab for Stern. Just wait, if this one sells (which sounds like it did) they will make another limited edition LE (lesbian edition) to celebrate Cassandra coming out of the closet and it will sell out too for twice the money.

JJ did it with the WOZ editions, even after telling everyone the emerald city one WAS the special edition. Just saying.

1 month later
#10201 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Just thought a few of you might like to see my completed and modded Elvira now it's finished. Thanks

Excellent job filming this pin. Your camera system and views in High Def really shows off the game. Good Job Sir!

8 months later
#11403 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Usually it's the left or right ramp opto. Not the entrance opto, but the one situated just after the ramp bend. I have to fix the left ramp opto on my game because it's now not working at all.
Rob

I'm having the same problem with mine. It's definitely the top opto at the curve, but unfortunately everybody and their uncle does not have the opto parts in stock. I even got my distributor involved as well as Stern (both American and overseas), but even they are out of stock. Does anybody know who might have the optos in stock somewhere? Miss playing my EHOH.

1 month later
#11766 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Does anyone happen to know what screw secures the opto receiver to the ramps? My left ramp exit opto receiver came with no screw, and I’ve made due with electrical tape for about a year, but it always gets loose and has to be readjusted. Thanks.

Sounds like you had the same problem with your ramp like I did. My exact same opto went out and finally found one on Pinball Life. They sent me the correct opto, but I don’t think it was designed to fit on the ramp. Stern sent me instructions and mentions a brace to hold the optos, but I couldn’t find it. Mine was a real early LE build, so maybe the design was changed later. I was able to attach the opto using scotch tape and so far it’s been working great. Good luck!

#11769 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's the one on the left the manual shows a bracket that cradles the underside of the ramp for the optos to connect to.

Yep. For some reason my game never came with the u-shaped bracket. Probably need to see if I could order that part directly from Stern. Thanks for the response.

1 week later
#11824 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

3D moon and saucer mod to bump out the artwork on the back-panel. New models use silver-metallic paint (as pictured uninstalled). Two-way tape, peel and stick and done. $15 shipped in USA. PM for info/order.[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent, but I haven't heard back from you.

#11829 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

People can be away from pinside for more than 12 hours and still be ok……

Wasn’t trying to be a jerk, just wanted him to know I was interested in buying his product. Always interested in helping a fellow mod maker on pinside to put his kids thru college or to buy that boat he’s been looking at

2 weeks later
#11950 1 year ago

Hey Fellas. I know someone posted about this before, but my EHOH topper does pop up and scream. However, it doesn't seem to stay up that much and was wondering if anybody knows a quick fix to this or something I should look for?

Appreciate the help in advance.

#11955 1 year ago

Awesome. Thanks fellas.

2 months later
#12543 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can you imagine if they made Elvira with UV glow on the playfield like ST? They should have atleast done it with the 40th. That blacklight is what this game needs to bring in those other movie modes.

I agree. I put the glow in the dark boney beast set on the ramps of my EHOH and I bet that UV light would really set them off.

1 month later
#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

For anyone that's installed the scared stiff boney beast ramp parts to the right ramp on their EHOH, I'd love to see some pics and understand how the pieces attached to the ramp and to each other.
Thanks!

Don’t have no pics and I can’t post them on pinside, but I have the boney beast ribs on both ramps of EHOH and they look great. They just clip over the ramps just like they did in the SS pin (which I owned at one time).

#12912 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate your response. Do the rib pieces connect to each other or is that not necessary?

Mine don’t connect, but they really don’t have to. The ribs just clip on the sides of the ramp and you can adjust them until they touch each other. I took some plastic ties and attached the boney head beast to the bottom of the right ramp and it looks pretty good. I even put in the boney flippers for a homage to SS in memory of me selling SS to help get the EHOH pin.

2 months later
#14480 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

How far should the VUK shoot that ball? Land midway on the PF? The darn thing shoots clear across the whole game, I couldn't tell if it even touched the PF before slamming into the trunk targets. Wow.
Flippers seem super powerful too...... no need to sell the house, the darn wrecking ball will knock it down

Be proud the VUK shoots the ball that good. A lot of other owners (including myself) would love to have one shoot it out that well.

I tried to fix it in every way possible to no avail, so I just write it up as a failure from the assembly line. Still one of my favorite pins I own.

1 week later
#14648 1 year ago

You’re going to love your EHOH pin. To me, the haunted house on EHOH is Stern’s answer to Williams’ castle on Medieval Madness. It’s so cool with so many interactions in the game and is probably one of Sterns top 3 games in regards to interactive toys on the playfield (house, crypt, coffin). Plus, if you like modding, there are so many cool mods to put in the game as well.

Mine is bolted to the floor and I think it’s one of Lyman’s best coded machine. I especially love playing it around fall/Halloween time just for nostalgic reasons. You’re going to love Elvira’s quotes and other funny quips in the pin. I still love the back door jabs when you’re trying to hit that skill shot behind the house. Cracks me up every time.

1 week later
#14872 11 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I’m bringing a few campers to Allentown 2 Red and 1 Special 40th. Save the shipping $100.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love this mod and I'm so happy to have it in my pin. It really makes the back end of the pin "pop" and beats looking at just a flat picture of the camper in the back. Plus, the camper is really integrated into the screen during one of the wizard modes.

Unfortunately I will probably never see it on my pin because my pinball playing SUCKS, but I was able to see the camper in action watching a Deadflip video

Anyways, fantastic mod and even better modder. Great customer service and very trustworthy. Thanks again Mageek!

#14878 11 months ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Is the UFO mod available?

Should be. Just send a pinside email to mageek and see if he could hook you up with one.

5 months later
#15979 6 months ago

I like the looks of this pin, but I'm EXTREMELY happy with my red LE.

We shouldn't complain too much. At least Stern is releasing a brand new code included in this version to ALL EHOH owners. Personally, I can't wait to download it and play the crap out of it because I don't think anybody was expecting this, especially after hearing Lyman passed away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.