IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I saw a star wars LE in june with massive dimples. Same game in Nivember is worn in nicely. They do even out over time.

I couldn’t agree with you more.

#961 4 years ago

I am wondering how to disable the auto launch feature completely as I am getting phantom auto launches on ball one and sometimes on two and three as well not sure why this is happening? I also find when I’m trying tomake the skill shot the ball exits the shooter lane and hits the wall of the Crypt and looses momentum. Anyone else experiencing this? Even though I have not played much I have not seen the turret at the top of the house move what causes this to move?

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The ball will auto-launch if a playfield switch is activated. Go into switch tests and see which switch is registering.

Thanks!

#990 4 years ago

I think it activated during gargoyle mode for me once or twice.

#996 4 years ago

I have seen this in a one player game, not sure what caused it.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

Hopefully this will help me make the skill shot more!

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have had a different issue with the trunk. Balls immediately kick out when dropping into the trunk and do not lock.
Trunk Multiball - On my game the lid opens but ball one does not lock when dropped into the trunk and immediately kicks out .
In switch test, opto for ball two lock is fine. Ball one lock test is ok in switch test also. Any balls going in the trunk are immediately kicked out.
I placed game setting #129 to disable trunk diverter to Yes, and I can get trunk multiball to play without the trunk lid operating and can go through sequence of combination light targets and running one ball through the left ramp and repeating again with the three combination light targets and running through the ramp again - trunk multiball is then awarded and begins. Balls just don't go in to the trunk with game setting #129 set to Yes. But you do play the trunk multiball in normal fashion minus dropping into the trunk and locking. Trunk lid stays closed while building up to the multiball.
As the trunk lock switches test ok I reported it as a bug to Stern.

Make sure the screws on the side of the trunk are tight or the lid will not operate properly. I had all sorts of problems with the trunk holding balls and not ejecting. The first ball that enters the trunk is too close to the coil and the second ball can not fall behind it to push the first ball forward. I had to modify the ball guide by bending it so the first ball falls in and is not touching the coil/plunger. That way the second ball can enter the trunk and push the first ball forward. I have no idea if this was the way the trunk was designed, as mine never worked without my modifying. I would really appreciate it if someone who has a working trunk could take a picture from up above with the first ball sitting in the trunk, so I can see if my game is missing something.

#1083 4 years ago

Earlier in this thread a couple of us asked to see a picture of the trunk open and one ball sitting in the trunk. Could someone please post this picture as it would help me figure out my problem.

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Information on trunk issues and fixes appreciated along with photos of the mech if yours is operating properly. Also note if you are on .87 code and trunk is functioning correctly. Thanks

I am on .87 code and all my switches are working fine, as mentioned earlier my first ball enters trunk and locks fine, but second ball enters and does not push first ball forward. I am wondering if I could get a picture of a properly working trunk with one ball in it?

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I also have this problem. Put trunk virtual lock now in the menu so I can play the game without interruptions. I hope software can fix this.

I had to bend the ball guide and I didn’t do a great job but it works for now. I could only get one of the screws to line up at the end of the job. Here is a picture also of the ball guide before digging into my play field upon receiving the game. Could someone else please post a picture similar to the first one I took.
9EA29A43-5D05-4EF5-AABE-CF6A31FC1465 (resized).jpeg9EA29A43-5D05-4EF5-AABE-CF6A31FC1465 (resized).jpegBD0CC2B1-2689-4C8F-8C4E-86CA9F33CF35 (resized).jpegBD0CC2B1-2689-4C8F-8C4E-86CA9F33CF35 (resized).jpeg

#1090 4 years ago

I don’t know why that picture is upside down sorry about that here is what the playfield looks like after moving ball guide.

160C0012-AC72-463D-82DD-C5760FA258DF (resized).jpeg160C0012-AC72-463D-82DD-C5760FA258DF (resized).jpeg
#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Here's a pic of one ball in a working trunk, hope it helps...[quoted image]

That helps a bunch, thanks!

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I had some trouble with the trunk. I added a small piece of a 1/4" furniture slider inside on the trunk floor just ahead of the coil plunger. Balls lock properly when they are supposed to and both balls eject nicely now at the start of trunk multiball.[quoted image]

I am surprised any of the trunks work, I am guessing some owners have trunks that need this fix and don't know about it. Take the glass off drop one ball in the trunk and then a second one on top, rolling naturally down the ramp, into the trunk and see if it kicks the first one forward. If not I like No Quarters idea instead of bending the ball guide like I did. I think the white plunger inside the coil should be sticking out a bit more maybe, that way the second ball entering the trunk has a chance at pushing the first forward. I am very interested on how Stern designed this trunk, and I think this may just be the start of problems folks are having with it.

2 weeks later
#1305 4 years ago

After seeing pics of Stranger Things I sure am happy with my decision to get Elvira LE. Just based on the artwork along Elvira is soooo much nicer to look at.

1 week later
#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

#262 reporting in. Great game but mine was also missing the dreaded nylon washer on the side of the house ramp. Maybe Home Depot carries nylon washers.[quoted image]

That is weird I have number 263 and mine came with a washer. Maybe it just slipped a bit lower and you can’t see it or something.

2 weeks later
#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I don't agree. When I bought my NIB Black Spiderman, Batman, Ironman... there we're absolutely no problems or fixes to do.

That shocks me, really not one single tweak? I have owned 3 NIB Stern all needed tweaks.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

This is where I'm at. It's extremely annoying to get to Director's Cut, to be told it's starting and then to only be able to bat the ball around and score nothing and not progress the game in ANY way, so you have to drain. Either don't say it's starting or put a 50m placeholder score in. This reminds me of when Spiderman came out and on the earliest few code revisions you got to Superhero and nothing was there.
As for Gappa angry, when you complete it, your reward for doing so is to score "0" the multiball doesn't always start but if you open the coin door, it will start and end correctly. There is no direction, but it seems you may have to fill the meter again during the multiball but I've only got it half way (after quite a long time).
I trust Lyman to make the game epic, it's just frustrating waiting when it's been in development so long

I have a feeling not too many of us are regularly finishing Gappa and/or Final Cut. If I did I would be so happy I wouldn’t care if the game crashed.

1 week later
#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info...
Now, my question is as follows: If I do change the settings for them to carry over, does that make me a crappy player, or a horrible person, or both? I can live with being a horrible person, but I am trying to become a good pinball player.
Side note, trying to be a good person has been abandoned long, long time ago.

Don’t worry about everyone else, make any adjustments that add to your level of fun. You will get better the more you play And you will play more if you have fun.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im considering this game again. I was a definite on this title and then it didnt wow me when it first came out but i played it at Pincinnati and really liked it. Couple of quick questions for you all. For those of you who own Elvira and JP, do you think Elvira is as good or close to JP? Also how would you rate Elvira compared to say AFM Remake or MB Remake? So many good choices right now that its really making my OCD go crazy.

I own both and would advise you to pick the theme you like better, both are loads of fun!

1 week later
#1808 4 years ago

I really like the purple post! I have black Superbands on flippers and I have started putting white titans on everything else.

1 week later
#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Before this last code update this never happened to me, but now it's happening quite often. I'll get it into the house to start a mode and the ball bounces back out. The mode starts, but when we stop to watch the scene, the ball pops out early and drains. Very annoying

This also happens to me, but only on the first mode I start.

2 weeks later
#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Still some bugs. I played one game, around 600M, House party 310M ... I played 10 games now, she's here from December. I want to remember or take pictures when she's doing naugthy stuff but I only play one game and it's always a blast!

10 games since December? Holy shit I play 10 games a day it seems.

#2410 4 years ago

If you can make the skill shot with any sort of consistency I would say you have it. For instance I have played 100's of games on my machine and only scored the back door skillshot 5 times. I expect to make a skill shot at least 1 ball during a 3 ball game.

#2489 4 years ago

4 balls and you're calling the game easy...

1 month later
#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Was it in stock at all the distro’s you called ,if you called more than one?
Without naming the Distro what kind of pricing were you quoted?
I’m considering rotating a couple games to add EHOH and completing the trilogy.
The last NIB I bought was MET a few years ago so I’m pretty out of the loop.
I know I can call around but I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as I’m just curious what to budget.
Please pm me if you’d prefer not posting .
Thank you !

He mentioned in the post he bought from Player 1 amusement group up here in Canada, I really doubt you are going to want to pay what we Canadians are paying for NIB games! Good luck on your hunt!

1 week later
#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Found my lost ball. I am occasionally getting a ball stuck under the left ramp. Apparently, when the back of the house guide is in lowered position, the ball goes up the house ramp, hits the guide, and once in a while "jumps" in to the corner. It gets lodged between the left ramp and plastic as shown in the attached photo. The only way to get it out is to slightly lift the playfield so that it will drop through the back corner to the lower cabinet. I had the house apart to install new skill shot guides and still could not figure out what was making this happen. I remember a similar situation with Iron Maiden Premium to the right of Sarcophagus Lock but could see how it happened and I installed a plastic spacer. On Elvira, I can't really tell how the ball hits this mark. To add to the mystery, the ball has occasionally made it to the garage lock from the house ramp. I did notice wear on the lower side of the plastic cover piece in back of the house. With under 200 plays, the spiderweb is already worn off. The ball must be hitting it pretty hard as it flies up the ramp... however, I can't find any relation to this causing the ball to make it to the corner or the garage. Anyone else have similar issue? Does it just need a little tweak?
[quoted image]

This is happened to me a few times but I have not come up with a fix.

#3128 3 years ago

I feel for you, yikes!

#3233 3 years ago

Hey guys having some opto issues and wondering if drilling a larger hole on this side of the plastic tunnel will help. I just can’t get the Opto lined up because the plunger keeps rubbing it a little and moving it out of position.

98F58BF7-850F-48CC-BC33-2C17FEA8CA00 (resized).jpeg98F58BF7-850F-48CC-BC33-2C17FEA8CA00 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ See post #2710. I had a similar issue with the haunted house shot. I removed the subway, drilled a wider hole and re-aligned the opto. No issues.

I am wondering if newer machines then ours came with larger holes drilled? I also found this piece of the house while I was fixing this Opto issue? Is there a fix for this? Common issue?

58728057-75B0-4C7C-A0DA-5E4EC7B28F41 (resized).jpeg58728057-75B0-4C7C-A0DA-5E4EC7B28F41 (resized).jpeg
#3245 3 years ago

Sent picture to my distributor, waiting to hear back, thanks guys!

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

ok awesome thanks for the feedback, looks like thats the issue. I'll ask to buy a few spares too if they have them.
Any other parts the fail quickly i should ask to buy spares for too for this table?

Call Adam at Player 1 he stocks them, or Tommy at Nitro.

3 months later
#4813 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I waxed my gargoyles rods today ( no, its not what you're thinkin , but they do seem happier now) and what a difference. Lower ones hit glass every time, upper far more than before.

I am going to try this as well as mine are not reacting as I had hoped.

2 weeks later
#5114 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Any tips from the experts on a smooth installation of the are blades, except for taking your time and use soapy water? Will get to it this weekend.
Thanks

I have never used the soapy water technique, I peel the entire backing off of the vinyl, pull it tight between both my hands and slide it in. I usually start sticking closest to the flipper. If you make a mistake just pull it off and start again.

#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think i've found the best mod yet to date folks!
If you don't put the Pinwoofer kit on this game you are missing out on a whole added dimension.
Holy Crap!!!
It's takes the sound to an 10 clicks above even the LE updated speakers.
Almost as good as the AlienLE setup, maybe better?
It's a MUST HAVE!

I just added the pinwoofer upgrade as well and I can confirm they make the game sound much better, which equals me wanting to play more. I love that I can change the bass and treble settings, and really dial in the best sound for my room! Also added pin Woofer to DP and JP2, just as good!

#5181 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I assume you're using PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit?
Do you use the existing backbox speakers and cabinet woofer in the LE?

Yes, I left the backbox speakers as is (I have the LE) and replaced the woofer with the one provided from Pinwoofer. For the any premiums you will need to replace the backbox speakers as well.

#5183 3 years ago

Super easy, 10-20 minutes, no tools required. Dan will provide you with detailed pictured instructions once you purchase the product.

1 week later
#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They said that last month!

That is true, but Stern had to rush Avengers out so they didn’t lose sales to GNR, thus pushing back Elvira code. Can’t wait to see what else Lyman did with code!

#5275 3 years ago

Let’s get a video of this fucking topper already sheesh

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Link to new topper unboxing

Check post 5315.

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, one mod that it's truly required for Ehoh imo are the Pinstadium lights. Honestly they are good in most pinballs but if you are thinking on investing money on Elvira, Pinstadiums are a must. No other pinball machine looks better with them on period. (Neo Pinstadiums at 60 brightness in cool mode in picture)
Off and On.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a must have for me, I would rather a sound upgrade.

#5350 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Topper arrived and installed...I have to say I do like it, it is very well made, seems to be all metal housing. Lights look good and I feel it really compliments the game. Still, the 1K price was a tough pill to swallow...however, being a collector all my life of many things and now Pinball Machines made this topper a must have, I wanted the complete "All Original" package...as it is the "Official" topper of EHOH.
[quoted image]

The complete package should have been sold complete from stern with the topper on the LE. Now there will be 200 or more LE’s that are not “complete”. JJP offers a better package to the collector with their CE.

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

New code preview streaming right now on deadflip twitch!

What was added?

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

He’s probably referring to the EHoH topper. I agree everything related to the release of the topper has been poorly handled by Stern.

Especially the price! I could purchase a stand up arcade game, or put pin woofer's in all my games, or lights, mods, rubbers, etc... Or this stupid topper that looks like $300.

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Any of you Elvira pin owners going to add this to the games song play list?
Saw this on other pinside Halloween topic thread.

This was already posted on here earlier in the week. It’s a great watch though!

2 weeks later
#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did the LE come with a goodybag with keyfob etc. I took over a machine but nothing included?

Yes the LE came with goody bag that included keychain.

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Last night I had certain Haunts starting on their own and after a while, I noticed a "sound" emanating from the house and it wasn't long before the game put up a "House malfunction" notice on the screen (while the clackety-clack sounds continued from the house, even after the game was over) Anyone had this issue before? I'm not a techie but have a friend who's gonna check it out for me but would you have any advice for him or what we should be looking for? Thanks!

When my house was malfunctioning it was the optos behind the house not recognizing each other. I took the piece of plastic off and drilled the holes slightly bigger, haven't had a problem since.

2 months later
#6877 3 years ago

Is this a for sale thread???

3 weeks later
#7113 3 years ago

I am in the no fucking way is the topper worth it opinion. I can think of a “thousand” better ways to spend my hard earned $$$$

#7122 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I just dropped 1500 for a New in box BKSOR topper. So value is relative.
I have 3 pins, JP with Topper, Elvira, and now BKSOR on the way and the topper. Which means if I don't get the topper for Elvira it'll just look sad

Or you could’ve bought a used pro for the money spent on toppers.

#7162 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I highly doubt it is planking but rather the wood grain showing through. The clear on Elvira is more like 90s BW clear.

I second this.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s likely not planking but the wood grain showing through. Nothing can be done about that really.

And I second this. It’s likely just wood grain showing through.

#7172 3 years ago

I think It will be difficult to capture a picture of this due to glare. I have been trying to get a picture of mine to post as the wood grain is showing through on mine. Easy to see in person, but difficult to photograph.

#7173 3 years ago

This is the best I could do.

89098B26-55DE-4427-98C7-E1063025EC52 (resized).jpeg89098B26-55DE-4427-98C7-E1063025EC52 (resized).jpeg
#7174 3 years ago

My whole playfield looks like this. Hope this helps BigT.

#7177 3 years ago

EHOH is one of the few games I own that really makes me feel like I am a good player. I walk away from most of my other games thinking “shit the bed again”. EHOH is my favorite game to play when I need a reminder that I don’t suck.

1 month later
#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:Thanks for this as it is what I need to hear. This is totally what I am worried about. I love my walking dead and it will never leave because it kicks my ass over and over and then when I get that great game 10-15 min maybe a bit more it is so satisfying. Loving JP pro right now too because of the same reason. Now I really have to consider EHOH.... I’m not afraid of it won’t last forever but how long does for me until it hits that point? Batman was only 800 games. I’d like more than that for sure.

If you only have 3 or 4 games and play EHOH maybe you will start blowing it up regularly, but in a larger pin collection (like yours) it will shine for sure. Do not pass this one up if you get the chance, it has so much character you will forget about score and just enjoy the show!

#7894 3 years ago

My LE is October 12, 2019

#7907 3 years ago

This has been touched on many many times before, if the game is playing to easy, simply go into the adjustments menu and set everything to hard, sheesh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indusguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.