IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geeterman1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12548 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Where did you find the Medisinyl Set? I’d like to get that myself.

While not the same, Vimtoman makes a really cool crate mod for Elvira.

#12593 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Stern clear is crazy soft. If you have a location, go check out their playfields on newer Stern games. It looks like the surface of the moon.
My EHoH got a playfield protector day 1 (as do all of my Sterns now). It sucks, but it's necessary for my sanity. I'm fine with small dimples like you see on CGC or Spooky. I'm not fine with moon craters.

Clear coat isn’t going to stop dimples for the same reason a clear coat doesn’t prevent dings on your car. It’s the surface under (wood) that’s the cause of the dimples. A soft clear coat would scratch easier than a hard clear, that’s it.

#12595 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Unless the clear is so thick and soft that the dimples are in the clear itself (which is what's happening with a lot of Stern playfields).

Do we know that for a fact? In the automotive business the clear needs to stay thin to allow for a clear visibility of the base coat underneath otherwise things start to get blurred. That would be even more of an issue with pinball where there are actual graphics under the clear. For example, when a car gets hail damage (similar to what happens to a pinball field) a technician can knock the dimples out of the metal. The clear simply follows the moves of the underlying structure, that’s it.

1 week later
#12723 1 year ago

I’d say keep it in the box until you get it close to where the game will live. Also, don’t do this alone. Call a friend! A second set of hands helps so much.

2 weeks later
#12940 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Glad you like it CoolCatPinball !
EHOH is a great sounding title - there is a ton of detail in the track that you otherwise miss. We make the music titles sound great, but some don't realize that the themed titles have amazing potential. Scores of guys have raved about EHOH. Here is that link:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
Thanks,
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri[quoted image][quoted image]

This is tempting for when I get my machine. Since these are the 5.25” speakers that means I can buy a speaker light kit to light it up like an LE speaker correct?

1 week later
#12992 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I would really like to upgrade the speakers in my Elvira House of horrors, would anyone be able to provide links
I just want to make sure I order the proper head speakers / grills and colored rings to resemble the LE look
Thanks

I plan on doing the same. I believe these are the LE speakers. Kenwood KFC-1366S 5-1/4" 2-Way Speakers https://a.co/d/4PwbrDq

The grills are the same but you’ll need a bracket to attach the larger speaker. You can get that from speakerlightkits.com as well as the colored ring. May as well order the lights while you’re doing this.

#13006 1 year ago

After watching various videos I came to the personal conclusion that Doug’s kit, for reasons he has mentioned, looks best. It might cost me a bit more to buy speakers and then his kit, but not by much and I think it’s worth it. Just my 2 cents.

#13122 1 year ago

Boom!

F2B22D4E-27A5-45F4-A84D-86711A02C3F5 (resized).jpegF2B22D4E-27A5-45F4-A84D-86711A02C3F5 (resized).jpeg
#13130 1 year ago

Sorry all, I probably won’t be able to open her up until tonight.

#13133 1 year ago

My dealer only got 6 in.

#13136 1 year ago

Insider is on the right side.

9B46CBE8-8D70-45CB-883C-035AF23C6BCE (resized).jpeg9B46CBE8-8D70-45CB-883C-035AF23C6BCE (resized).jpeg
#13152 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Thanks Geeterman1. Good to know. For us peps that will probably remove IC off the apron, did the original plastic artwork faceplate come in the bag of extras Stern provides?

Unfortunately not.

On another note, one of my apron cards has a printing blemish. Any idea where I can get another set?

#13348 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

Anyone know how to adjust the pop up gargoyles? The ones on the lower right hit the glass when they pop up. I wrapped some rubber bands around the posts underneath and that seems to be working but wonder if there is a better solution.

Somebody mentioned in this thread that the gargoyles were specifically made to hit the glass.

#13410 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I got mine this weekend, and it has lots of issues.
Are the gargoyles supposed to hit the glass?
Only one of mine does. I have one gargoyle stuck halfway up. The ball doesn’t shoot past the house on the auto or plunge (and I adjusted the plunge placement as much as I could) - VUK fires directly into the outlane, start button is fully stuck, and the ball guide on the orbit directs the ball to the top of the slings where it will bounce out. Some of my issues (not all, lol). Many of which I can solve with a lot of effort but some I need a tech for.
Thankfully my distro is close and will send someone out. Oh, and before I ever played it there were 4 big dimples in the playfield - good job Stern!

They are meant to hit the glass. My gargoyle to the right was getting stuck up as well. What I found was the metal stick goes through the wooden playfield and then a metal bracket. It was getting stuck on the metal bracket so I slightly loosened the screw under the gargoyles butt. This allows the metal bracket to move around a bit and the gargoyle moves freely now. Even if I tightened in the correct spot that bracket would move itself during play and make the gargoyle stick again.

#13411 1 year ago

Also, how did you adjust the shooter rod? I had to adjust mine as well and now it’s shooting perfect for a manual plunge. The auto plunge still isn’t great because my forks aren’t connecting on ball launch perfectly.

#13417 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

My shooter rod is off center (on the right) - loosened all the screws and the red bolts and pushed it to the left as much as I could. I then re-tightened everything. It's better, but only because it was so far of to start with. I am getting around 40% of my shots past the pops. I didn't take the red bolts out yet to see if I can adjust any further, I just went hard as I could left after loosening. There are really too many issues to spend a ton on each one. Im more in troubleshooting and quick fix mode for now. If I have a tech out I want to have a full list of items.

Remember, the playfield can move a bit left to right as well. Nudge/slide the playfield a bit to either side to help better align.

#13426 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'd recommend bumping down attract mode brightness as well, you can go to 50% and it's still pretty bright. I run around 40%. Helps keep those big LEDs from cooking the spike2 CPU board.

I’ve never heard of this being an issue. LED lights produce very little heat and are actually heat sensitive themselves.

#13433 1 year ago

Interesting. Learn something new every day!

#13490 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

I am fairly new to the pinball ownership world and Pinside. Had I known I certainly would have purchased from you. I know what it takes to develop a product or idea only to have it replicated by someone else.

I installed Dug’s lights recently. Look amazing on Elvira.

4C8FAEA8-8F91-474C-B21B-D9121778C610 (resized).jpeg4C8FAEA8-8F91-474C-B21B-D9121778C610 (resized).jpeg
#13493 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wait, weren't you going on about how excited you were and couldn't wait for several pages?

Looks like he’s all in on Godfather now.

#13600 1 year ago
Quoted from toaster777:

I'm still waiting on mine, hopeful that it will come as I've been told by the distributor I'm getting one. Assuming I do get one I want to upgrade the speakers. I see 2 options on Pinball Life - the flipper fidelity kit (https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-fidelity-stern-spike-2-le-conversion-8-woofer-2017-present-lcd.html) or going with Scott Danesi's Boom Boom 3000 (https://www.pinballlife.com/boom-boom-3000-8-speaker-upgrade-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html) and the Kenwood LE speakers (https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html). You'd also need the associated mounting plates so the pricing is about the same for either package.
Has anyone installed these in their Elvira or any other Stern? I'm not interested in adding an amp or external sub so really looking for drop in replacements like these 2 options. Just wanted to hear for others if one option is better than the other.

I installed the Kenwood LEs so I could add speaker lights. The sound quality is better but not revolutionary imo.

DC158736-8681-4E5E-8E1D-069CEA79067E (resized).jpegDC158736-8681-4E5E-8E1D-069CEA79067E (resized).jpeg
#13722 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

How did you fix the "gargoyles sticking up and not returning down", if I may ask. - I get this occassionally.

For mine I slightly loosened the screw under the gargoyles rear end. It’s not loose, it’s snug, not as tight as it was. This allows that bracket to have more give and allow the stick to more freely move up and down. So far so good in my machine.

#13851 1 year ago

Anybody else have their game lock up or freeze? It seems to happen right when starting a haunt. The black silhouette of Elvira is on the screen but the game totally freezes and nothing happens.

#13860 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As wise1919 mentioned it's worth reseating or replacing the memory card. A friend's not too long ago was having issues with freeze ups and replacing the card cured it.

I think I’ll try this. A total newb question, where is the sr card slot? I was checking the connections in the back box last night and didn’t notice an SD card, although I wasn’t looking for it either.

*edit* NVM, hurry up pinball had a video about sd cards as he had an issue with his Elvira!

#13865 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Question: i cannot get the back door skill shot from the plunge - I removed the glass and noticed that the ball wont go through to the left in the back - the ball diverter is blocking it in that direction.. Is it even possible to get this shot from the right ? Plunging? I have only been able to access the back door from the left orbit..

The ball diverter is not always active. I don’t know what the rules are exactly but on my game, on a new ball, the diverter is open. If I drain quickly and get a ball save the diverter seems to close.

#13915 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Ok everyone got my last week and my gargoyle on the right side of the house constantly stays up. I played with it and it feels tight. Does anyone know of a easy adjustment too make it move smoothly

Loosen the screw under the gargoyles butt. It should be snug, but not overly tight. This will allow some play in the bracket and allow the gargoyle stick to more easily jump up and down. This fixed mine.

#13978 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It will be even worse when you get the VUK dialed it. When correct, the ball hits the same spot every time. That's where the mylar needs to be installed. To date, I haven't seen an EHoH wear to the wood yet. If it is going to happen, it will be in that spot.

I don’t know if that’s the case. A ball dropping doesn’t take clear coat off like a ball abrading against it at the flippers.

#13995 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Your balls launch that far? How’s it look in the same area as the picture I posted? I find it hard to believe nobody else has a single crater

I have craters in the same general area as you. I don’t really care about them though.

#14036 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What screw did you loosen? I'm having the same issue on one of my gargoyles.

With the gargoyle raised, you’ll see a screw that sits right under his butt. Loosen it just slightly. You’ll feel that the stick goes up and down much easier.

#14136 1 year ago

Is the side armor readily available anywhere?

1 week later
#14380 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Took delivery today after a year wait. Yay! All is playing fine at this point. The only thing I noticed is....when the ramp comes up....the gargoyle will come up slightly with it on the right side. Is this normal? Do I have to adjust so its not making contact? The lower one on the right will hit the glass. Also normal?
Edit: I see the post above that talks about how to prevent from hitting the glass...I'm ok with it as long as stuff doesn't break.

I’d say it’s normal. If you watch the Stern announcement trailer on YouTube it even happens on that video.

1 week later
#14517 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I want the mirror cross grave marker mod to see that right orbit insert better. I saw there was an option for custom text. Should i go with deeproot or RAZA? Im leaning towards RAZA. I guess the standard RIP would look good also. I just dont think a grave marker with elvira’s name on it would age well and deadhead looks odd.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/04832-mirrored-grave-marker-for-elvira-s-house-of-horrors
Update: Ordered 2 "RAZA" and "RIP"

Never saw this mod before but such a great idea! I think I’ll order one as I can never see when that orbit is lit.

#14524 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I'm 6 foot and I can barely see it, what were they thinking? Great price also!
What are you going with engraving wise?

I was considering “ROMERO” in honor of George Romero since night of the living dead is in the game.

#14547 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is there a specific post sleeve rubber or such that should be used when you alter the left return orbit adjustment? I've just seen it described as a bally/williams style, but theres so many of those out there, which exact one or type/size should I be getting?

The YouTube video on it has a direct link to the rubber.

#14628 12 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

The Gargoils begin to piss me off. One fell off, hotglued it back on...
On my machine the metal in front of the targets rotate a bit on hard shots. It then happens that the gargoils stick up because the friction in the channel is too high (because the channel where the rod passes is slightly rotated)... do you have a fix for that?
Tightening the phillips screw does not eliminate the issue.
For the left side ramp entry target, rotation often causes the ramp to stick on the small rod, i guess i have to dremel that excess piece away
Otherwise such a great game, beautiful machine, however these gargoils make me want to smash the glass

Do the opposite for your gargoyles, loosen the screw. Don’t make it loose, but give it half a turn or so. This allows more play in the channels and the gargoyle can then easily fall back down.

#14682 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just found a weird bug.
I put up a new GC score on my machine a couple days ago. I remember it vividly. It’s registered as my highest score on Stern Insider, but it is no longer on my machine at all. ‍♂️

I wonder if it has anything to do with the garbage SD cards they are using. I just ordered a new card off Amazon to hopefully help with the freezing I’m getting.

#14744 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Same here. I recommend the purple plastic protectors too.
[quoted image]

Who sells in purple? I see mezel only has green or clear.

#14791 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I see. I have it. Three screws.
But look! Now I know why the ring broke after just 20 plays! The pop-bumper plunger is striking the ring with every pop!
I guess I’m going to remove this plunger and grind off a small portion of the ring to accommodate the nearby ring, and that will mean pulling the ramp after all.
[quoted image]

Which three screws? I plan on replacing mine as well and looking at the ramp it isn’t obvious to me what to remove/loosen.

#14824 11 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I noticed in some modes (or at least one mode) the drop target will not fall down on a shot... is that intended or do i have an issue here?

General rule of thumb is the harder you hit a drop target the less likely it is to fall.

#14835 11 months ago

Anyone ever have a shot up the left orbit not register when shot through real fast? Upon testing it seems to work fine but then randomly in games I've noticed a strong shot up the left orbit will not register, so no drive me crazy and like just now on a game of Werewolf of Washington, first shot for the mode up that orbit real fast, didn't register. It's inconsistent, usually works but once in a great while with a fast shot, it won't trigger

I’ve had this happen as well, seems to be random.

#14845 11 months ago

Ignorance is bliss. Didn’t realize my junk sticker was up until I saw this thread. Thanks for nothing!

2 months later
#15290 9 months ago

Is there anyway to add music/sound to the attract mode? I found an option to add it to my Godzilla under game specific settings where you can add music to the developer credits during attract mode.

1 week later
#15324 9 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Finally got into a good rhythm during The Werewolf of Washington during tonight's stream. Unfortunately, I failed to finish the haunt for even more points, but did score 297 million during the mode.

Dang! I’m constantly trying to finish modes as quickly as I can to move on. I guess it’s time to combo some shots first.

2 months later
#15735 6 months ago

I’m pretty sure my garage opto is dead. I reseated the plug on the actual opto board and the other end and it’s still not working. Any idea what part I need to replace?

#15737 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Use the front facing camera or tablet to see if the Tx opto is lit. Those cameras typically don't have an IR filter, so the Tx LED will be lit up like a firecracker. Check other opto's to see what a good Tx looks like.
That will help sort out if it's the Tx opto or Rx.

What do you mean by Tx and Rx? Also not sure how I can get a camera back there.

#15738 6 months ago

To add clarification, I mean I think the opto that registers the garage drop target is dead. My drop target is always down and isn’t being registered in test when I move it manually up and down.

#15739 6 months ago

*duplicate post. Please ignore*

#15743 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Tx = Transmitter, has the infrared (IR) LED on it that is always on.
Rx = Receiver, has the IR sensor.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I think it’s the damn opto board since it’s the drop target opto.

3 weeks later
#15885 6 months ago

What is the Eegah mode?

#15889 6 months ago

It should be another Haunt, likely to be added to the pool of secret haunts. It was a mode that was supposed to be in the game and even the options for it are in the menu still, so it was coming, but then the creator had passed away and it went MIA after and we didn't know if we would ever see it finished

Cool! I’m really hoping they added more music. Seems like many of the haunts use the same music and it gets repetitive.

2 weeks later
#16280 5 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am sure Stern is waiting for another price increase before they do another run of premiums.

Another price increase? The pinball market is dropping pretty fast and does not have an appetite for increased prices.

#16333 5 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I'm working on an apron card with the color-coded HAUNT shot sequences. Just when I thought I've got the code figured out, I realize there are differences depending on factors I have't been able to grasp yet.
It sure would be nice if Stern published a complete set of rules with their machines.[quoted image]

Please please please do this. Even general guidance would be so helpful.

1 week later
#16464 5 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Greets! Ran into a curious issue while running the luggage collect haunt where after acheiving a number of the objectives (im not sure what stage Id gotten to exactly) the whole dang op system crashed and reinitialized -happened just the one time so far and never saw this until Id eventually upgraded to 1.06 (which Id planned on holding to until 1.07 gets fixed /mostly due to the loss of the guiding white targets there). Just curious if anyone had ever seen this happen ..like at any stage of game play. Bug?

Random freezes and restarts seem to happen with this game more than others. I’ve had it happen a few times with no rhyme or reason.

#16485 5 months ago

New code is up. Eegah is as expected a new secret haunt that you need a key for.
House turret facing now determines which secret haunt you will get. When you get a key the turret will turn which determines the haunt you unlock when you make the secret window shot.

Where is this information posted?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geeterman1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=geeterman1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.