IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3166 3 years ago

I'm confident that they will take it back. But if they don't, I'll buy that sucker off you. I'll get the correct bolts sent to support the PF and send a truck. I'm not scared to fix that thing.

1 year later
#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

All from ebay.
Search for:
LEMAX tombstones, Halloween Spookytown
And
Tree model Winter (painted them black)

They carry that Lemax stuff at Michael’s. Being July, they probably have Halloween stuff out already. If not, they definitely will by August, and you can find all that stuff in the stores.

#9307 2 years ago

Happy to report that as of yesterday I am a member of this club. First order of business was to remount the Crypt VUK according to the Stern pdf and that sucker works flawlessly now.

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I need to do that

Couldn't be easier. Took maybe 5 minutes. I didn't even use anything to measure. Just move it down and align the existing hole like the picture. It's unreal how much that slight tweak frees up that kickout.

#9315 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Were EHOHs that were made later in production given this fix already? I picked up mine used and noticed that I had an extra set of holes under the playfield and the VUK appears to be in the correct spot. I still had to use a Dremel to make the VUK post concave to get it to hit the targets regularly and it still does not consistently hit the same one.

Mine has a build date of June 11, 2020, and it only had the original mounting.

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Crazy! Was playing a game... and having a pretty good one too, and just when I got to Gappa Angry, the shaker motor started going crazy fast, the flippers got weak and the motor started smoking! It's supposed to be getting PWM'd 48V to a 12V motor, but apparently the PWM died and just applied full power to the motor. The FET is good on the node board, so I'm guessing the chip that drives the FET (or at least the I/O pin for it) died in the on position. Damn, over voltage motor smoke STINKS! Power cycled game, node board works fine, shaker motor will still run full speed if plugged in.
Anyone ever experience this?

That was a common issue on TWD. Board had to be replaced. Email Pablo.

#9333 2 years ago

That looks really good. I think I am going to have to order it.

#9345 2 years ago

I’ve owned EHOH for a week, but I spent the first few days tweaking and dialing it in. Didn’t get a chance to play much this week. But tonight? Tonight is the night I dug in and learned the rule set and fell in love.

1 week later
#9369 2 years ago

And it doesn’t matter, either way. Lyman wrote code for Data East Star Wars in his basement for years and they pushed an update he did for a 20 year old pin from a defunct company.

#9404 2 years ago

I want the side armor, if I can find it. Haven’t seen it in stock anywhere.

#9431 2 years ago

Just follow the Stern pdf and adjust the position of the VUK from underneath it as shown. It completely fixes the issue.

#9439 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Someone had posted previously that changing out the rubber to the left of the pop bumpers can fix SDTM drains. Can someone tell me the size of the rubber thay goes there (type) and what the recommendation to switch to would be?

I don't remember what size the original ring there is, but you just go up one size.

#9441 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks! That is the question... what is the type of original ring and what would one size up be?

Just looked back at what all I ordered and at the manual. It comes from Stern with a 1” ring on there. Bump up to a 1 1/4” and it fixes the SDTM issues. Did on mine.
5A1537F9-37B3-4AEA-B1EC-E0BBBD6D763C (resized).jpeg5A1537F9-37B3-4AEA-B1EC-E0BBBD6D763C (resized).jpeg

#9468 2 years ago

It does seem to be a little bit of a persnickety game. But nothing is a deal breaker or really all that hard to correct, if you do run into one of the three or four common issues. I sold my Stranger Things Premium to get my EHOH, and ST was FAR more difficult to dial in and address the issues it had (TK lock alone is more troublesome than all of EHOH). EHOH might be the most level-demanding pin I have ever seen. Level and pitch seem to clear up the majority of issues. I do recommend finding and following the Stern pdf for VUK repair, which requires removing a couple of screws, turning the mech about 1/2 an inch and then tightening back down - IF you have issues with the VUK being weak.

1 month later
#9778 2 years ago

Are the side rails in stock anywhere? I do want those. But I don’t like the feel of anything other than the standard, stock shooter knob.

#9781 2 years ago

1 left.

3 months later
#10428 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Elvira was in the news over the weekend. Apparently she lost 11k+ social media followers because of something she said... I wonder if this might affect the price of her multiple pinball machines. Just heard about this on the radio and couldn't find any comment on pinside.

https://pagesix.com/2022/01/07/cassandra-elvira-peterson-lost-11k-followers-after-coming-out/

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#10499 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Anyone looking to leave the club? Would love an opportunity to join

You want to trade that Deadpool Premium?

1 week later
#10574 2 years ago

If anyone else is looking for a topper, you might want to call Cointaker and talk to Melissa. Like right now.

#10582 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Does stern ever make more side armor? Been trying to pick that up as well.

Supposed to be a new wave of the side armor sometime between now and March.

#10583 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Gappa is 6 if you don't choke.

I feel attacked by this.

#10594 2 years ago

Not only did I snag a topper from Cointaker this morning, I just got the text and FedEx already has the bastard and will deliver it this weekend. That's some service, buddy.

#10628 2 years ago

I scored one from Cointaker, and it sits atop my EHOH as we speak

#10631 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone got a Stern shooter rod they’re willing to part with at a somewhat of a friendly price? PM me. Also can someone tell me where to buy the magnetic speaker panel cover and speaker lights in the picture below. “ Wizard Mod's magnetic speaker art Wizpanel”
[quoted image]

https://wizardmod.com/

The speaker lights are the LE conversion kit from Doug, with red rings.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

1 week later
#10661 2 years ago

Think it over. You leave the club and you’re just going to be back outside wanting back in.

#10669 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Its not gone till its gone. Posting here is more of a wading in slowly type deal. Unfortunately, I simply can't keep all the games I would love to still have. Space and cash are two pretty big factors there. Right now I am already up to three games overflowing in the garage. One leaving and one coming in this weekend...

I totally get it. I just had to make room for Deadpool, and had to make that tough call. Sold my Scared Stiff that I really didn’t want to have to sell.

#10671 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Bro, love deadpool. Its the longest game in my collection right now. It and Stars may be the last to leave.

I’ve had it a week and it’s gotten more play in the house in that time than any machine I have ever owned. I’m pretty sure that the ultimate lineup of Sterns is now: EHOH, DP, GZ

#10678 2 years ago

This is an oddity. Posted an emoji in this thread, then deactivated his account. Huh.

#10684 2 years ago

Deadpool has been getting all my love this past week or so. In fact, I got my EHOH topper installed just minutes before DP showed up, and I didn’t even throw a single game on her. Stepped up just now and threw down a game that saw me cycle Gappa Angry twice, locking all 6 the second time around (which was the 1st time ever for me) and then on to Director’s Cut for the first time. I take this tiny sample as evidence that the topper makes you ply better. YMMV. What a fantastic game.

#10685 2 years ago

double post

#10694 2 years ago
Quoted from kidAtHeart:

I was thinking about adding a shaker to my Elvira premium, and some listings say they aren't compatible with the premium version or the HoH.
Anybody added one? Part #?
Thanks in advance.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

1 year later
#13069 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I just looked at my old emails, and I ordered my EHOH on 6/21/21. Invoice was $8399. It said 2022 run.
No one should be surprised that when I got the email recently that I needed to pay, it is finally being run. But for $10,500.
Hmmm... $2100 (25%) increase in 18 months.
I hope they sell 6 pins in this run.
As the other Gomez (Addams) famously said... "GREED!!!"

They will sell every single one they produce. Just like every ounce of gasoline will sell at inflated prices. The world went and got itself expensive.

#13142 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The two people who are responsible for the game (Lyman and Nordman), left the company.

That's, uh, one way to put Lyman's exodus.

#13156 1 year ago

I love my EHOH, but it is a finicky bitch. Surely they will manage to get the VUK mounted correctly on this batch, which is the simple and sure fix for that kickout angle issue. But the Operator Errors at the basement are a real pain. Dial it in and leave it alone. Don’t move it. Don’t dicker with the pitch. Just leave it be.

6 months later
#15633 7 months ago

That VUK has been misaligned from the factory floor since the first run. I don’t get it. But that shot was absolutely always supposed to go out to the stand ups directly across from the eject. A half-inch twist and reinstall of the upkick mech underneath is all it takes to make it right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.