Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ftrmech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I got to spend some time on elvira yesterday. Wow, feel bad for anyone who spent the money on this snooze fest. One munsters was enough and now this, ugh!

Well, as stated to you in the other EHOH discussion, to each their own...I know that I am loving this game and can't get enough of it...my son is home on leave and we played well past midnight. He loves it as well. This game has tons of potential, it is great as is but will certainly evolve into an absolute GEM!

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Played a couple of premiums at expo. Liked it. There were two issues and wondering if it’s common. The first was balls flying off the left ramp into the outlanes and drain, I think because it’s hitting the crate. The second was rejects to the ball lock in the house (left side).

I haven't had the "Flying Ball" issue yet but have had several rejects from the Garage ball lock...unless the ball is traveling slow into the lock...a straight, high speed shot from the right flipper occasionally, about a third of the time+ ends up rejected.

#348 4 years ago

An observation and question, should the "Trunk" callouts correspond with what displays on screen along with the playfield inserts...mine don't. I would hear "Atomic Ray Gun" with an image on the screen of Elvira's dagger or the key...I would think they would all corespond/agree.

#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hey owners - now that we have all had some time to play our new games make sure you rate it here on Pinside. It would be nice to see where it falls on the top 100 list. We only need a few more reviews to be officially ranked.

Kind of hard to rate given its immature code...I suppose it could be rated with a disclaimer...

1 week later
#488 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Saw this on Ebay. Could be made into a real neat topper for those of you that like toppers.
ebay.com link » Elvira Ooak Monster High Repaint Iconic Horror Host Sofa Candelabra

Yep...I think if Stern was to make an official topper for EHOH it should be of Elvira on her couch making callouts...maybe even animated to some degree.

#604 4 years ago

I find myself sitting here at work watching the clock...anxiously looking forward to getting home to play a few games of EHOH...I can't say I have ever felt that way towards any other Pin in my collection...maybe it's the beer that I will have while playing...hmmm, doesn't matter...either way Elvira is involved. I do enjoy this machine...thanks Stern.

1 month later
#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I installed a shaker tonight, not very active. Hope they make some changes in the code to make it more interactive.

My 2 cents, mods need to integrate and enhance...otherwise they look foreign and just tacked on. The poster the made the mod of the spooky trees is a good example of integration as they really work well with the house...that back right corner screams of needing something...play off the back board art.

#1185 4 years ago

As it relates to a proposed topper, the premier enhancement to this game, my 2 cents, for what it's worth...any topper developed for this great game should be all about Elvira...she is and always has been the focal point here...perhaps inspiration should be taken from Byron Winton's work..."Creature Feature"...Elvira on her couch surrounded by all the classic and campy monsters we have grown to love...the suggestion of a graveyard topper is simply lame.

20191210_172118 (resized).jpg20191210_172118 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have been working on a sign mod for the crypt. It's almost ready. Color in one of the pics is pinkish, it's just a test fit, it will match better as shown in other pics. Should be ready in a few days. Will look much better than the stock plastic. It will adhere to the plastic with backing tape so no need to remove the plastic and mess with the rivets.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful, a well integrated mod...it will look as it was put there by the factory...as all enhancements should.

2 weeks later
#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

The heads are fine. Just be thankful the floaties are gone!

I didn't mind the floaties...they matched the playfield art.

4 weeks later
#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Sgt. Jar head still says the F word which is one of the more laugh out loud call outs in the game, probably just because it is unexpected.

Yeah, not trying to be a prude but I am thinking there should be a way to turn that off...Scared Stiff had an adult mode but there wasn't any cussing, just adult innuendo which is quite humorous. My 3 year old granddaughter likes to play my machines and don't think she needs to hear that...I would imagine there are other owners in a similar situation.

2 weeks later
#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where can you go just to pick one up NIB?!

Pinside Market...?

#2232 4 years ago

With this new code, it is nice to finally see an "attract mode"...this game is a Masterpiece in progress.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So... I just right now got the new skill shot guide lane.
This weekend I'm going to attempt to install it.
I did need to re-contact Stern.As they never shipped it.
But, after my email the next day they shipped it.
So I'm happy. Hopefully I can figure out what hte issue with my diverter is as well.

Exact same situation with me...I will install on Sunday...Saturday I will be at the LAX with the rest of the ever famous, extremely notorious Cincy Pinball Group.

2 weeks later
#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from Seanofthedead:

My very first Machine! Figured if I’m stuck at home for the next few weeks/months I might as well spend it with Elvira......[quoted image]

As stated, great choice...I don't think you will be even remotely disappointed...have fun. Remember, Pinball machines are like Lay's Potato chips, no one can stop at one.

2 weeks later
#2665 4 years ago

Any Topper for EHOH, Official or Custom MUST have Elvira on her Couch...there is simply no other way to have it. That is where we expect to see her and only adds to theme integration. Given Stern seems to now be in the "Topper" business, it only makes sense to produce a High Quality Topper for this machine....if they can do it for Munsters, Star Wars, others, then they can certainly do it for an amazing game like Elvira House of Horrors. The whole Tombstone concept needs to be shit-canned.

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I have to sell most of my games for a large purchase but in thinning the heard my EHOH premium won out over my JP2 LE. Elvira is just more fun to play!

I have many games on both titles and I have to say that I agree with you...EHOH wins out over JP2!

#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

If anyone is looking to sell their LE let me know!

...Ain't happening!

#2757 3 years ago

So, EHOH came out in October...7 months ago (mine has a build date of 1 Oct so I am counting October) and since then the code has gone from .83 to .94...11 code updates in just 7 months. I am not sure what I will do when the code is finished...seeing what is new has become part of the joy of owning this game.

#2775 3 years ago

I like the green but it seems that green is everywhere these days and on everything (I have even seen it on Tron...ugg), some purples or blues would be nice...I would prefer a medium purple or a blood red (as Mezel Mods has shown) for EHOH....Also, it would be nice if they cut out the centers so that the color doesn't bleed though and alter the image on the respective plastic. I picked up a set for my Munster's last year at TPF that were cut out, green on the lane guides and purple on the slings...very happy with the appearance.
MP (resized).jpgMP (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I wish the shot up the middle to qualify the haunt was less repetitive. Maybe one up the middle to start the qualification process, the additional shots should be randomized with final shot up the middle to start the haunt.

Nah, I disagree...the House is the focus and pretty much the theme of the game, clean the house so Elvira can sell it...the "monsters" reside there and to get to them you have to go through the Front Door...I suppose you could enter through the back door. But then, I also like the "floaties" being displayed during the pop-bumper hits...another them based idea removed.

1 month later
#3402 3 years ago

Erase your USB thumb drive and then download the code to your computer. Open that file on your computer and copy over the contents of that file only. It should be 2 or 3 files. Power off your game and install the USB stick. Power on and hit enter when prompted. That’s it. It does take about 20 minutes to update and for awhile it looks like it is doing nothing.

Yep, that's the way to do it...I don't think USB size makes a hill of beans worth a difference as long as the files fit.

#3431 3 years ago

So Stern has the JP topper on its site for $599...I wonder how much they plan on charging for the EHOH topper? Tombstones and jumping Gargoyles can't cost too much...right?

#3556 3 years ago

Ok, so I updated to the .96 code and now my Crypt stop working...only my skull displays. Anyone have the same issue or did I break something?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Same thing happened to me, balls get stuck in the Crypt.
What's happened is that the VUK Kicker coil has locked up, you can see this when you test the coil ( coil doesn't move )
With the machine off, pull the coil rod so that it moves up and down, turn on the machine and test the coil in test mode and you'll find that it works again.
Strange that it locked the coil up after the code update.
Hope that helps mate.

Thanks for the response and input...turned out to be something much easier to diagnose and repair...the screw and bushing that holds the Skull/door armature tot he Crypt motor had backed out and fallen into the bottom of the cabinet...it was only a coincidence that it occurred as I updated to the .96 code. Thanks again and have a great day!

2 weeks later
#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is all we have so far.[quoted image]

….ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Disagree. It gives my guests a place to put their drinks instead of placing them on the game, which is common for non-pinball folk to do.

Agree, cup holders come in handy...however, I have learned that in the future to only get the Left sided cup holders...I can't tell you how many times I have rammed my fingers into the cup holder reaching down to turn off my machines...Obviously with the newer Sterns that really isn't an issue given the switch up on the head.

#3987 3 years ago

Pinball Mods are like seasoning to a soup...too much and all you taste is the seasoning, put in the wrong kind and your soup tastes like crap. Mods must enhance and integrate with the theme of the machine (keeping the seasoning analogy in mind) otherwise your pinball machine looks like a cluttered shelf. That said...I have seen some really decent mods out there for EHOH that meet the criteria above (Medisinyl)...some, not so much.

3 weeks later
#4284 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I beg you, do not put those on the game. I did and regret it.

True...colored plastic protectors need to be the "cut-out" versions otherwise they ruin the original plastic artwork by bleeding the color through.

#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Here is the link to the ones I make for Elvira. Just the slings and return lanes. The red is dark so they are cut out for the light to shine through. They look great and I have never had an air ball of the left ramp. I have nothing but positive feedback for these as well as the others I make. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Rob
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/03755-slingshot-amp-return-lane-set-for-elvira-s-house-of-horrors

LOL...yeah, I know...those are the ones I have...great product! I have the Blood version, they integrate well with the theme and appear factory. To be honest, I think any colored plastic protector is more about adding an additional splash of color vs actually protecting the plastic...which, I am all for. Nice job on your protectors!

2 weeks later
#4540 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Your LE should have it. Mine was built before October (what’s your build date?) and it was included

My LE was early October build and it did not have the upgrade...I had to request if from Stern...along with the ramp spacer.

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not a big fan of speaker lights, especially on a game like Elvira.

Depends on what you like...sometimes simpler is better. I just wanted my speakers to have colored light, not to become a light show...so, I went with the basic kit from Doug and tried to pull out the accent color in the back glass...most would pick red or green, I can always change it...I am satisfied.

20200616_152148 (002) (resized).jpg20200616_152148 (002) (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone seen this topper? I guess it's a one-off, but damn this would be a great alternative to the limited gargoyle topper.

Yeah, that looks great and no doubt more affordable...not a fan of the hands, look too much like "creature" and are just hanging out there...sub those out with lighted deadheads, Gargoyles or tombstones to fit the theme.

#4946 3 years ago

Innuendo is better than language...I don't need people hearing F-bombs...Scared Stiff was fine without the language, EHOH can be as well.

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

So I’m just curious how many of you are planning to buy the stern topper that was shown for $1000?

I would if I could find one...

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Get your name on your distributor's list if you want one.

Thanks, that worked...I am on the list.

4 weeks later
#5347 3 years ago

Topper arrived and installed...I have to say I do like it, it is very well made, seems to be all metal housing. Lights look good and I feel it really compliments the game. Still, the 1K price was a tough pill to swallow...however, being a collector all my life of many things and now Pinball Machines made this topper a must have, I wanted the complete "All Original" package...as it is the "Official" topper of EHOH.

E and M (resized).jpgE and M (resized).jpg
#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

The complete package should have been sold complete from stern with the topper on the LE. Now there will be 200 or more LE’s that are not “complete”. JJP offers a better package to the collector with their CE.

I certainly can't argue the point...but things are as they are. JJP has extremely nice games but he didn't have Elvira.

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Besides Batman66 LE/SLE have there been any other modern Sterns that have shipped with toppers?

None that I am aware of...

1 month later
#5991 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That wasn’t bad at all considering you got all those mods. What are the medisynl mods?
I just put down my $1000 deposit for the next run of Elvira’s. Wife said she wants it.
Also bought a Stranger Things pro demo with 1900 plays for $5395 shipped from Game Exchange of Colorado with full warranty. Ordered the UV kit, shaker, art blades, ramp decal, speaker lights, and shooter lane protector from cointaker and pinball life. Also wife wanted it
[quoted image]

Medisynl Mods installed by Zach

#5992 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That wasn’t bad at all considering you got all those mods. What are the medisynl mods?
I just put down my $1000 deposit for the next run of Elvira’s. Wife said she wants it.
Also bought a Stranger Things pro demo with 1900 plays for $5395 shipped from Game Exchange of Colorado with full warranty. Ordered the UV kit, shaker, art blades, ramp decal, speaker lights, and shooter lane protector from cointaker and pinball life. Also wife wanted it
[quoted image]

You can find more info on this Pinside Post by Medisinyl: Elvira 3, Interactive Casket, Gargoyle VUK cover+++ [[Medisinyl Mods]]

3 weeks later
#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Does any one have an older version of the code for me. LE version. Thinking of adding back some call outs on deadheads and backdoor to current code. Looking for anything before 1.0

I have .98 and .99.

3 weeks later
#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What did the LEs sell for new street price ?

Mine was $9600 NIB, no tax...purchased at initial release, LE 106.

1 month later
#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

My Elvira homage leading into the basement...
[quoted image]

Nice...maybe add Byron Winton's print "Creature Feature".

Elvira (resized).jpgElvira (resized).jpg
8 months later
#10061 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I got a new MoD for Elvira , his name is Rocket
[quoted image]

...you have "lint" on your machine.

5 months later
#10932 2 years ago

I just noticed something on my Elvira today when I was installing my new mod. I have asked before if anyone could beat my build date of 10/01/2019. Nobody that chimed in could. The closest person was several days off. Because of that I believe I have a day one build machine. Fast forward to today. I removed my coin box and saw this. Now I am thinking I might have the first unit off the line that wasn't a prototype. Any other early LE owners have a tape number under their coin box?
[quoted image]

I don't have any tape in my coin box area but mine has a 1 Oct 2019 date as well.

20220411_094246 (resized).jpg20220411_094246 (resized).jpg
#10934 2 years ago

Interesting. What number are you? I’m 110 but have the 10/1/19 build date. Other LE owners with earlier numbers have later build dates. I think Stern built a bunch of them and then stuck on the serial numbers and number plates. Regardless, I think you also have a day one built machine unless someone chimes in with an earlier date.

#106...there is a small list on page one of this discussion.

20220411_122054 (resized).jpg20220411_122054 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#11843 1 year ago

I just received and installed Vimtoman's "Crate Creature" Mod...it is a great alternative to Medisiny's Gronk's dog house. It is high quality, animated and illuminated...even has an "attract mode"...nice work Vimtoman.

20221014_141530 (resized).jpg20221014_141530 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ftrmech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=ftrmech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.