IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extendo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

You downloaded AND installed the full code by mistake? I understand possibly downloading the wrong code.
But then you need to copy it to a USB drive. You didn't notice the file was named "stranger_things...spk.zip" and not "elvira3...spk.zip". That's a little hard to believe.
Doesn't really matter as long as you avoided any damage to your game.

Who cares let it go.

Back to the most exciting game that Stern have released

#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Oooh someone is excited to receive their new game, which I agree is a blast!
How have you enjoyed playing it so far????

I haven't played it yet but I'll get a chance very soon to give it a shot mate.

#2360 4 years ago

I am looking for the name of the red colour that is on the LE models, anyone would know the name of it by any chance?

Thanks.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The feature matrix says "metallic horror red dripping blood". I don't know if it would help.

Thanks for that mate, might be able to find the colour with that name, not sure.

Has anyone else been able to find out the name?

Thanks.

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

lermods got his powder coated a little while ago and I believe he said it was called illusion red.

Brilliant, thanks very much for that mate.

Lermods can you please confirm?

Thanks.

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Update on “Go Away” plastic on left side of house:
Although my game is a November build, I had the early version of the plastic (bottom pictures). Replaced it with the correct version (top picture).
My game did have the metal skill shot guide and the nylon ring on the right side of the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi mate,

Question in regards to the nylon ring on the right side of the ramp, is this available from stern or I am able to source one?

The Go Away plastic, what issues did you have when the old one was installed on the machine?

Thanks.

#2428 4 years ago

When you hit the super skill shot from behind the house, does anyone hear any call outs?

What exactly does it do other than shoot the ball out from under the house ramp to your right flipper?

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

1. Points awarded starting at 1M.
2. Advance/Light/Start Haunt depending on current state
3. Awesome call out usually referencing liking the back door.

Excellent, appreciate the feedback mate.

We get to hear a call out everytime the ball goes into the back of the house ( skill shot ) area?

Or sometimes there isn't a call out and it's random?

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm pretty sure there is always a call out. There are many.

Thanks for that, I have never heard a call out.

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

I only managed the skill shot twice and it has a hilarious call out,something about liking it through the back door

I have extracted the audio clips.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mld4adk6fvcaedu/All_in_one.mp3/file

Quoted from jfh:

Make sure you are on the most recent code. The callouts disappeared by mistake a release or so back.

Yup on .92

Quoted from SKWilson:

"Not everybody likes it in the back door, but I see you do!"
"Oh. I see you found the back door."
There are others.
I'm not hearing my favorite as much as I used to:
"I love pain. I f!@#ing love it!" -Sgt.Jar Head

Shouldn't be hard to find the others and make my own

I am still not seeing how the audio is triggered when the ball drops into the back door skill shot area.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am in the same boat. I am on code .92 and have never seen or heard any acknowledgment that I made the back door skill shot. The ball will come out of the cellar, but no skill shot award. I checked the back door opto in a switch test and it is registering.

Thanks for the feedback mate, I assume it is the Cellar Backdoor Opto #47 under the switch reference?

If that is the case mine is not registering, are we on the same number with the Optos?

1 opto (resized).JPG1 opto (resized).JPG2 opto (resized).JPG2 opto (resized).JPG
#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is a vertical opto at the entrance to the back door. You can only see it when the house is removed.

This bad boy yeh?

Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. Let's see if we can track this down.
1. You are plunging the ball to the back door, correct?
If no, you're doing it wrong.
If yes, continue...
2. When you plunge the ball to the back door, are you getting any kind of text on the display showing a shot was made? "Back Door / 1,000,000 / Start (Light) Advance Haunt"?
3. When you plunge the ball to the back door on ball one, does a haunt start?
If the answer to 2 and 3 is no and both switches are working in test (47 - Cellar Back Door Opto; 48 - Cellar VUK micro), the only thing I can think of trying would be to re-install the current code.
Anybody else have any thoughts?

For me when I hit the skill shot all that comes up on the screen is a score of 5,180 and then it spits the ball out to my right flipper.

The cellar VUK micro #48 seems to be working in test mode but my Cellar Back Door Opto #47 is not, assuming that my pic above is the #48.

bss (resized).jpgbss (resized).jpg
#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yes. That is one side of the opto. I don't see anything unusual in your picture. The other side is under the playfield. I would check under the playfield for a loose or pinched wire or connection to the node board. I bet something is loose.

Thanks buddy, I have tested the power to the Optos and traced the wires back to it's origin and nothing.

I have reached out to my distributor to discuss a solution, ill post it back here in the hope that it helps someone else.

Cheers.

#2466 4 years ago

Part number 520-8040-00 tx and part number 520-8039-00 rx (Opto), has anyone manged to purchase these online?

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

It is possible that the LED on the transmit side or the photo transistor on the receive side has fallen off. It happened to me on the house ramp opto so I never received the extra ball award or super jackpot, etc... I looked at the receive board and it was missing the photo transistor, this made it look like a ball was always breaking the beam, so it would never register. Got a new set from Stern and all works great now. The photo transistor is tiny and so is the transmit LED. You can point your phone camera at the opto to see if the LED is on. The LED is infra-red so you can't see it with your eye, but a camera will show it lit.

Thank you very much for that information, looks like that the board under the PF #47 is fooked.

1 week later
#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

extendo . Have you checked this on your game?

Tagged !

Snap, I checked mine and they seemed to be connected to the right ones however they might be tagged incorrectly !

Thanks mate, gonna have a sus

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

I adjusted the left orbit guide rail when I installed the skill shot kit. Can't wait for finished code.
2 gappa angry completed
10 movies completed
2 Manos wheels completed
"Have you seen Debbie Torgo?"
"..........No........"[quoted image]

Sheats would be proud of that score, great score btw well done!

#2685 4 years ago

Simply nudge the right has side of the machine when the ball comes down from the left orbit. The ball will always land on the left flipper, you could trap the ball if need be.

2 weeks later
#2829 4 years ago

Made these apron cards for my mates, I think that they look cool.

Coin DAVO (resized).jpgCoin DAVO (resized).jpgCoin ELVIRADoug (resized).jpgCoin ELVIRADoug (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I’ll take some better pictures but I decided to redo the armor on my Elvira LE to the SLE finish. I put a little extra flair on mine but in person it’s like the perfect shade. I’ll take it out in the sun tomorrow
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, care to share the name of the colour?

#2991 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Ok so i did the trade last night and love it we are both happy. He got a mint Addams and i got an Elvira LE had only a handful of games last night as it got to late and family love this game. Noticed a few switch errors going on. 2 balls ejected into shooter lane and the Trunk opto playing up i think. If anyone can save me reading through all these threads is there anything i need to know or to look for to get this machine running at its best. Thanks in Advance.

Welcome to the club mate you'll love it as we all do.

Reset the through ball connection as this may help with the 2 balls coming out at one given time.

What exactly is going on with the trunk optos?

#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thanks mate will reset that. The trunk fires occasionally like the opto is to sensitive if i press down on the plastic near it, I even pressed down on the playfield and it happened. Very sensitive. Just little things like that i am slowly fixing.

I had a similar issue like yours when I installed a PF protector on my game. Turns out I needed to adjust the switch so that it wouldn't fire randomly.

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

So did my 17 billion score though

haha teaches you for fixing the machine.

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Had the same thing. Had to reflash the memory onto the SD card. Worked fine after that.

Sometimes re-seating the SD card also works.

2 weeks later
#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had to choose which to grab first. This or TMNT. I chose this. Didn’t want to miss out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Welcome friend!

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Ok, so I updated to the .96 code and now my Crypt stop working...only my skull displays. Anyone have the same issue or did I break something?

Same thing happened to me, balls get stuck in the Crypt.

What's happened is that the VUK Kicker coil has locked up, you can see this when you test the coil ( coil doesn't move )

With the machine off, pull the coil rod so that it moves up and down, turn on the machine and test the coil in test mode and you'll find that it works again.

Strange that it locked the coil up after the code update.

Hope that helps mate.

2 weeks later
#3771 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Shame. I’m out.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
1 week later
#3962 3 years ago

Hey Sheats, thanks for the code updates.

Wondering what does it say on the NIB picture when wild woman MB starts, anyone know?

20200706_144446 (resized).jpg20200706_144446 (resized).jpg20200706_144659 (resized).jpg20200706_144659 (resized).jpg
#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:Question for anyone also playing a game with playfield protector installed.
On my previous LE I had no issues whatsoever locking balls in the garage . I am having a lot of difficulty with the 3rd to be precise on this particular game ..keeps coming back out.
Just had a game, two trunk MBs, one houseparty , on my 7th haunt , 2 completed and 2 deadheads, but not even started wild women .. so it could be me or my skills, but I doubt it
Anyone have the same? before I start tearing the house down to investigate
Thx in advance

I removed the house, removed the left side of the house plastic and simply cut the bottom corner off.

Working all the time now with no ball bouncing back out.

Hope that helps.

not cut house (resized).jpgnot cut house (resized).jpgcut house (resized).jpgcut house (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#4398 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I finally got past the Gappa Angry ball locks to the multiball and oh man what a riot!! That mode is so awesome! I love how the machine starts going nuts and firing all coils and everything once you complete all the locks. I love this game.

Add the music gradually getting quicker and quicker when you progress thru the stage of Gappa, it's intense!

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

If only i was as good as extendo the worlds best pinball player I'd know

Haha you idiot

Got me a new top when I play Elvira!

received_1541702986019357 (resized).jpegreceived_1541702986019357 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#7703 3 years ago

You guys have Elwin and we have Macca

McElwin (resized).jpgMcElwin (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extendo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=extendo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.