IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

322 posts in this topic match your search for posts by docquest. You are on page 1 of 2.
#828 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone been able to make the back door skill shot and/or make it repeatedly?

I struggled to make that shot when I played it at expo. Its definately challenging but is doable every once in a while. I like harder skill shots like that a lot more than the "hit the lit rollover" type.

4 months later
#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody know what movie is Drive me crazy mode based on?

I assumed it was a collection of driving/car clips from multiple movies.

1 week later
#2842 3 years ago

Has Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing from "Satanic Rites if Dracula" made an appearance in the game yet?

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

What are some of the movies in this machine that are so bad, they are enjoyable to watch? I watched Manos on YouTube and was amazed at how incredibly bad the movie was. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was interested in watching some more of the movies represented in the machine

I think the license they got for the game was based on the revived Elvira Movie Macabre series from 2010-2011. This contained 26 public domain movies. So far all the haunts in the game are from those 26 movies.

They released a DVD boxset, Elvira Movie Macabre Coffin Collection, containing all 26 films with the Elvira segments that is now out of print. At one point you could get it for as low as $30, now it sells on Ebay for hundreds. Some of the streaming services have some if the Elvira episodes available.

The films are public domain so if you just want to watch the films themselves without the Elvira stuff you should be able to find them for free on the web or youtube.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 also had episodes with a lot of those films. Should be able to find those online or as DVD's as well

https://www.amazon.com/Elviras-Movie-Macabre-Coffin-Collection/dp/B00LFMZZSO

1 week later
#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Removing a ceiling panel to install the topper. I like your style.

I agree!

20200222_201913 (resized).jpg20200222_201913 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3286 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Still no "eeaagh" haunt and he is so prominent on the backglass, same as the two headed guy.

Just saw the "EEAAGH" movie this weekend on the shout factory "MST3K live channel" via Roku. Pretty ridiculous movie, but great MST3K episode, highly reommended. Will be interesting to see what aspects of the movie Lyman picks for that haunt.

I know we'll never see an official MST3K pin, but Elvira is pretty much the same thing with boobs.

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea.

Does the haunts appear in the same window every time or do they move around?

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

same window, and you can change the active one with the flipper button

I think they said there were 18 movies they had access to. So wouldnt you have multiple haunts (and thus multiple colors) per window?

I dont own the game (but it's on my short list) so I'm just going on memory from playing it at Expo last year.

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The movies are used in more than just the haunts - they are in the multiballs, Gappa Angry! mini-wizard mode, the several modes you get as consolation prizes when you drain on Gappa Angry. There's a lot going on

So with current code, six haunts in six windows? Plus the secret locked haunts for Santa and Dracula?

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

So i emailed Adam(he's who I bought it from)
I decided to take apart and see what I could do in the interim
Heres video of the part taken off. I think they have a manufacturing issue..it looks to me that the press isn't calibrated properly to mushroom the Brass end(think thats brass)
found an old punch and spare hitch to support it( i miss having a good workbench LOL) downstairs and decided to see what I could do.
after seems like it will hold temporarily at least.
Tested and it seems to do the trick..tho i have no idea if it will last. [quoted image]

Nothing like some good old yankee ingenuity from a Canadian. I like it!

#3397 3 years ago

You sure about the 8GB restriction? I believe I used a 32GB drive to update my Batman66 and it worked fine.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

no, but typically this has been the case for stern and JJP games. if it works with 32gb go with it.

I know with spooky the was an issue using 2.0 rated drives vs the faster 3.0.

It will be nice when they get the internet enabled stuff worked out so the games will just update themselves over your home wifi on their own.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

It might be that you need format your stick using fat32..spike system might not recognize the stick if its formated with exFat or NTFS (

I think that's where the size an come into play. I Think Fat32 only works on 32GB or less.

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Word I heard is that Stern will be back to production at least to some degree in August. More Elviras are purportedly on the schedule.

Classic Game Rooms and Automated Services both had NIB Elvira premiums avail earlier this week for those who dont want to wait for the next run.

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I want my ray gun to doooooooo something! Next code update has got to be any day now. This game is already so amazing - gets daily play by me and my spouse.

Well the side blades clearly show "Ray Gun Rampage" so its coming!

art blades (resized).jpgart blades (resized).jpg
#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You know... I think this topper might be decent if you mod it.
I'm thinking... You could put Elvira lying on the stone slab. That would make it so much better. That's the only way I'd buy this topper is if I were to mod it. But, if its the same cost of the Jpark one... NO THANKS!

It looks like there is a seam between the middle section and the two end sections. I wonder if the middle section flips backwards to reveal something on the bottom like a dead head skull maybe? Would be cool if it was a skull that was animated to move its mouth in sync with deadhead taunts.

Not sure how the thing would be lit unless the plastic is translucent and has LED's inside of it. Hopefully the topper budget is spent on a cool mechanical device vs just fancy lighting.

However the lighting on the homebrew topper with elvira on the couch and the backlit game logo looks great and fits the theme perfectly.

#3516 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And if that doesn’t work, we will have confirmation that there is a hardware value that can be used to determine model type.

What is this hardware value you speak of?

#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Are there still any Elviras in stock anywhere? I’m hoping to be picking one up soon

Automated services had some in stock last week.

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Anyone have elvira and Batman 66? If so, which one is deeper?

As much as I love Batman66, Elvira has a lot more variety as of today. Plus it still has things yet to be coded into the game.

For multiballs Batman66 has 6; villain, villain escape, Holy, batusi, and gas attack.

For multiballs Elvira has abouy twice as many at 13: wild women, zombie attack, attic attack, trunk, phone a friend, gappa angry, pool party, dance fever, make-out mayhem, scream test, run for your life, house party, directors cut.

For toys/mechs Batman66 has; the awesome center rotisserie with 3 sides to it (2 sides are stand up targets and 3rd side has physical ball lock and center pass through shot), penguin crane, penguin VUK, riddler saucer, joker magnet, gadget 6 target stand up bank, TV 3 target stand up bank, villain vision mini LCD, 3 pops, spinner

Elvira beats Batman66 here as well with; awesome house toy (has multiple diverters and locks within) with impressive color changing lighting effects, spinning turret on top of house with 4 positions, house ramp that allows shot into house or lifts upfor shot under house into celler, drop target in front of house garage shot, back door scoop behind house, dead head crypt with 3 positions that all register hits (closed, open into scoop, open into bash toy), crypt VUK shoots ball across playfield to hit trunk targets via action button, trunk that opens closes as part of left ramp to locks balls, 4 jumping gargoyles that hit the glass, manos virtual spinning wheel, 3 target stand up bank for Trunk, 3 target stand up bank for manos, 3 pops, spinner

Things to do for Batman66 involve fightging 4 main villains (2 episodes per villain) or 1 or 6 minor villains (some minor villains have multiple seasons some just 1 season), bat turn side mode, villain escape multiball after capturing 4 main villains, choice of multiball after played 1 minor villain for each of 3 seasons.

Elvira beats Batman66 again for sheer number of different things to do; house has 6 main haunts and 2 or 3 hidden haunts (requires key from trunk to unlock), 3 multiballs on the garage shot, un-happy hour mode, drive me car-azy mode, capture items from the trunk(dagger, potion, key, ray gun) for extra game features, gargoils gone wild mode, gappa angry multiball (has 5 consolation multiballs if you dont make it to 6 on gappa), phone a fiend multiball via trunk, 15 dead heads to fight at the crypt, super dead head shot after beating 3 dead heads, manos wheel for awards, house party after 2 haunts, directors cut after 4 haunts, trailer trash after each haunt.

I think Lyman learned a lot regarding integrating existing video clips into game play from Batman and took it to the next level.with Elvira.

Batman66 shots are a little clunky while Elvira shots are smoother than velveeta.

I still love my Batman66 but I think Elvira just has a much wider variety of stuff to do.

#3630 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't get how you have this graveyard and haunted mansion but yet rubber ducks, inflatables and things of this nature. It makes no sense to me. I guess their isn't a consistent theme other than trying to be overly whimsical. It's fine I just would rather had seen the theme stay consistent with a mansion inside a graveyard. That isn't bashing its an opinion.

The pool stuff is an homage back to the first game Elvira and the Party Monsters. Thst game has some pool party artwork around the monster waterslide (main ramp of the game).

There is no graveyard, it's just her spooky mansion which might have a grave or two on the property. Her outdoor swimming pool is the pop number area. She's trying to get rid of all the ghost and crypt spirits so she can sell the house. I think Greg's art is great, so many little details to notice once you start looking closely.

1 week later
#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The games are the same. Don't know why it wouldn't work. Just order from the Stern Shop if they're in stocks. They're cheaper anyway.
There is a lot of shaker code. It's awesome!

Pinball life is even cheaper 79 instead of 99.

#3711 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

does that matter?

Only if stern buys their shakers from the same supplier the makes their coil stops.

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks for posting. The only solution I can see is a quicker lift.

Wouldn't a fast ramp lift cause another problem if there was a ball on the end of the ramp when it goes up?

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Problem is that I believe it will be more than annually. I wouldn’t want to have to deal with removing the ramp in order to DRILL out the rivets. Most certainly won’t drill with the ramp attached/ metal shavings going everywhere on playfield

With the angle of the ramp it looks like the rivets might be far enough back that you could have just enough clearance to switch to a nut and bolt instead of a rivet. That would make periodic replacement easier.

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, not like we will outthink what the great Lyman will do - but just for fun - what isn’t in the code that should be in by 1.0?

I thought the whole reason you were getting rid of the movie spirits via the haunts and cleaning out the crypt was so Elvira can sell her house. So I was assuming selling the house would be a final wizard mode involving the "wild market vale" stand up target. But if you look at the instruction card that target is meant for a hurry up mode. So maybe directors cut is the final wizard mode.

42ff7de06fb950863eea3bf24a7fe7efb6042a3d (resized).jpg42ff7de06fb950863eea3bf24a7fe7efb6042a3d (resized).jpg
#3808 3 years ago

I did the black paint wash on the boney flippers. Their natural color is just too white. Put a little satin clear on them after painting for protection. I think they look perfect with purple flipper rubbers.

rps20200626_111727 (resized).jpgrps20200626_111727 (resized).jpg
#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is all we have so far.[quoted image]

The game has so many cool mechanical interactions with the ball so it would be nice if the topper was animated in some way. However looking at the pic it's not really obvious what it could do. Some were thinking the middle portion might flip back to reveal something. An interactive dead head would be cool but the middle section doesn't look thick enough to contain an animatronic head or skull face. The gargoyles might jump up but again the base doesn't look thick enough to hold much mechanically. I hope it doesn't end up being just a couple of flashing lights.

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

If you start trunk MB with the flask collected you can collect more flasks and each one increases that jackpot bonus. I had that bonus jackpot value built up to 350k extra per jackpot shot.

Yeah I noticed that as well, you can collect multiple quantities of all the junk items.

1 week later
#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I know stern on the spike machines use a 5VAC led, the comets are 6.3VAC

Pretty sure the LED's and Flashers in all the Spike games are 5v DC not AC.

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Recently joined the club. I had the same problem as above. Noticed others on this thread talking about issues with the right ramp opto next to the crypt. I removed my right ramp and found the opto to be securely tight in place, but substantially out of alignment with the holes in the ramp that the opto looks through. See pics. I can’t believe that this sort of stuff gets put on new machines. Easiest fix for me was to make the sight holes a little bigger so the opto could do its job. Factory hole size was approx. 3/16” dia. I carefully opened them up to 5/16” dia. Now all is GOOD and LOVING my new toy.[quoted image][quoted image]

I started getting phantom registers on my right ramp as well. When I first got the game it was fine then it got worse over time. I removed the ramp and the screws holding the opto were still tight. I enlarged the holes to 5/16" as described by freegame450 and it's working fine now.

When I first looked at the opto on the right side of the ramp I was looking at the red lit LED with the game on and it was nowhere close to the hole. At first I though that was the LED that should shine through the hole but I think that one is just a power indicator. The LED that should align with the hole is D1 which I think is IR so you cant see it light up.

There is dimmer red LED on the receiver side on the left side of the ramp. Another way to test if the oto is registering properly is that LED will go off when the light beam between them is broken.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all
I have a problem with the ball stucked in the house and dont want be ejected... the coil try to eject but the ball stay behind the lock stop.
I have read some thread here but no solution seem to be found...
Just a question : the ball must be behind the lock post or in front when the ball enter in the house ? At my home, the ball is behind and when the post go down, it push the ball inside the house rather than eject it. If someone can tell me the real behaviour of the ball, it could help me.
Thanks a lot

It sounds like the ball may be getting stuck at the subway exit. I would check that pin is level side to side and that game is at proper angle front to back (about 6.5 degrees). When the coil in the subway is energized the post should retract upwards allowing ball to fall out. Hopefully the attached picture helps explain it. It shows the back subway directly behind the house.

back_subway2 (resized).jpgback_subway2 (resized).jpg
#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I am contemplating on pulling the trigger on a NIB with build date of june 2020
I played a game on my DIST floor model also with build date of June 2020.
The gargoils are not moving up when hit on his new build.
Does anyone know if Stern changed the design on the gargoils jumping/ hitting glass? Its a cool feature!!
Did they change the new builds and omit the jumping gargoils for some reason?

I doubt they would undo that feature. My guess it's a new game and maybe they forgot to removing the shipping foam under the playfield that keeps the gargoyles from moving during shipping.

#4099 3 years ago

Bone finger bats for the win!!!

The boney flipper bats really tie the game together.

rps20200719_123828 (resized).jpgrps20200719_123828 (resized).jpg
#4106 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Kenwood's sound the best IMO.

Another nice thing about the kenwoods is they look great with the RGB speaker light kits because their white cone material reflects the full range of colors much more than a black or other solid colored coned speaker would.

If you like the round style RGB speaker lights and want to upgrade from 4" to 5 1/4" at the same time it's real easy because Doug sells the 5 1/4" metal speaker grills for only $25 a pair when you buy the light kit with them. $25 was a lot cheaper than other places selling the plates by themselves.

If you do the speaker light kit be aware that they do cause reflections on the glass so I would also recommend using the "bent plastic" mod which eliminates it.

rps20200719_165728 (resized).jpgrps20200719_165728 (resized).jpg
#4138 3 years ago

On the latest Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast they have a great interview with George Gomez. Some interesting info regarding Stern's topper development process.

Based on what he said I think they will continue to have exclusive game play features and interactivity only available to those who buy the topper.

I dont want to get into a DLC debate but if the Elvira topper did unlock a mode or game feature I would be fine with that. I'd prefer that vs just being purely cosmetic.

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m fine with the DLC with the Topper so long as it’s DLC that is quality, worth having and reflective of the price being charged by Stern. I’m not sure the goat mode with the JP topper falls into that category in any respect.

In the interview George said they want the games design team to be the ones to come up with the topper concept. Elviras design team did such a great job on the game itself I'm hoping whatever they have planned for the topper is equally awesome. I hope Dennis is still in involved with it.

#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe im not understanding what you mean. Are you saying you can scoot other games across a floor without fear?

I think he is referring to the 2 runners that B/W had on the back of the cabinet. When the game was in its stored position it was raised an inch or so off the floor by the runners. Newer games just have those 4 nylon glides to raise the game off the floor when folded.

Spooky still uses the runners on their cabs with nylon glides on the runners. Elvira just uses the 4 small nylon glides.

20200723_094434 (resized).jpg20200723_094434 (resized).jpg20200723_094509 (resized).jpg20200723_094509 (resized).jpg
#4162 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Elvira has NOTHING.

So your Elvira didnt have the 4 little white nylon guides?

#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It does - but they are not tall enough to clear the metal corner protectors, so those drag on the ground.

You could replace them with something like this to give you some extra height.

https://www.amazon.com/Antrader-Furniture-Sliders-Protector-Anti-Abrasion/dp/B07J3YF97L/ref=mp_s_a_1_22

41cv1DBQ65L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41cv1DBQ65L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I have a few issues on my Premium. The first is the shooter lane. It does make it clean out of the shooter lane into the right orbit. I think the problem is the ball hits the metal shooter lane guides causing the ball to go airborne. I took some slo-mo video and you can clearly see the ball going air born in be the shooter lane.
Anyone else have this issue and know a solution?
Here is a video of the ball going airborne in the shooter lane...

If that a manual plunge or auto plunge?

If that's the auto plunge shooting maybe cut the power a little. You could also try and see where the ball is getting hit by manual or auto plunger. Not sure if there is a way to adjust that or not but if its hitting the ball too low that might make it more prone to get airborne.

#4213 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Thanks. It’s not centered. See the pictures. I guess adjust the right side and move it left.
Actually maybe I should move the left side right.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would think air balls would be due to not being centered in the up or down direction versus left right. If the plunger was hitting the ball too low I'd expect that to induce airballs.

#4235 3 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

You can order the trees from Amazon. Here is the link
Department 56 Halloween... amazon.com link »

Beat me by 35 seconds!

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I think I'm down to the last issue which is the ball constantly flying off the left ramp. The trunk lid seems really poorly made and is really loose. I can't seem to find a way to tighten it as when the ball hits it, it comes flying off. I've ordered some plastic to cover the ramp but that's a few weeks out. Any tips on what I can do please?

Try the recommendations in this post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/80#post-5733295

If the upper portion of the ramp before the trunk is a little lower than the trunk lid then it will cause air balls. It was enough of a problem that pinball life made a little spacer to raise the ramp to prevent it. You could also use washers to get the same result.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0158-00

instructions (resized).jpginstructions (resized).jpg
#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Still have not seen my turret spin!? Anyone else experiencing the buzz kill effect for this mysterious feature? Is it fact that only the house party mode will get her spinning? If so, hopefully with the next update Lyman will have it be incorporated into more play.

Lyman definitely has something interesting planned with the turret. If you use pinball browser there are videos in there involving a flying saucer and the different objects (bat, eyeball, spider, elvira) on the turret.

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so quick owners poll:
If the topper is the crypt and simply flashes leds for $600 bucks, are you in?
I just think the crypt lid should move, sprew smoke...give me change..something ...right?!
[quoted image]

Maybe the center section will flip back and creepo the clowns face will be there to taunt you.

1 week later
#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I hope this means the topper is also imminent!

That statement is pretty much what they say every month.

1 week later
#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Coil for topper! It does a thing!

I'm hoping it does multiple things!

#4493 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow! Has a photo of the topper been released/ leaked ?

so far just the one from a few months ago.

#4498 3 years ago

It looks like that the theory that middle section of the topper will open and close is true.

If you go to the game specific tests area of the diagnostics menu there is a new option for the topper. When you select it it says topper is not detected but it does show the option to "open lid" and "close lid".

So topper will have at least one motor or coil to open/close the lid and a switch to detect if it's open or closed. Looking at the LED and flasher menus I dont see any new LEDs listed that might be part of the topper.

ebaf8e024d6ced50877459fbafc2872d40555043.jpeg (resized).jpgebaf8e024d6ced50877459fbafc2872d40555043.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Could there be a Mini LCD like on Star Wars, Hobbit or JJP Pirates on the topper that flips up and shows the deadheads instead of the normal Monitor?

I dont think a mini LCD would look that good. It was a similar size to the mini one in star wars, or the hobbit book you would need binoculars to see the floating dead head in it.

The idea to move the floating head from the main display to a second display might look cool though if the topper LCD was big enough to see the head clearly.

#4514 3 years ago

This one looks pretty close as well.

51P3ZXN9H1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg51P3ZXN9H1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#4538 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Communication from Stern stated that anything built before December did not have the updated guides.

My premium has a built date of Nov 16'th and it had the revised guides on it from the factory.

#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Eegah is right there in front left center on the backglass so if not yet, I hope he will be.
After all, we're talking about a pre-Jaws Richard Kiel here.

Maybe he will show up as one of the secret haunts like Santa, Dracula, and Gila monster.

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was only going by what the readme file says:
- Implemented final haunt (formerly Attic Party, now: THEY CAME FROM
SPACE).
What do you mean when you say they are listed?
Rob

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I read "final haunt" as referring to the last haunt after you light all the house windows.

It would be great if Lyman added more movies as secret windows or as random alternates to the existing 6 main haunts. But even if no more are added I'm still very happy with what's there now. He did such a great job integrating the clips and music on the current haunts. The original music from the different films really adds to the variety of the haunts.

#4602 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

So I raised the front legs pretty much as far as I could and the back legs were as low as they could.

That doesn't sound right you need to make sure you level is correct. Some of the phone level apps have a calibrate option. Put it on a surface you know is pretty flat and make sure your level app agrees with that. If it doesnt, hit the calibrate option when it's on a known flat surface.

1 week later
#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So my left ramp exit opto is stuck on, if I unplug the opto it is no longer stuck on. Anyone have any ideas here? Any chance someone could snap a picture of the connectors for it from under the pf? The wire colors are not matching what is in the manual at all, not that it really means anything.
I tried to take the switch out of service in the service menu hoping the game would compensate but it does not. Really makes the game a lot less fun with that switch being out...

Colors dont match mine either from connector to connector. Red goes to red, green/brown goes to pink/purple and black/orange goes to black/brown.

Seems like alignment of holes or undersized holes is common on this game so I would confirm it is not an alignment issue. Might be easier to take them off the ramp to determine if they are working correctly. If you confirm one side is bad you could try swapping with a known good one from other part of the game to narrow down which side is not working.

20200829_174453 (resized).jpg20200829_174453 (resized).jpg
#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Help! just join the club tonight. Purchased with only 30 plays. Set it up and I'm getting a house malfunction error. Hoping somebody else has seen this and can tell me what's going on. Thanks in advance.

If the coil it energizing and there isnt a ball there to break.the beam then the opto is probably not aligned.

See this post which had a similar problem that was fixed by enlarging the opto holes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/55#post-5592156

#4743 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Awesome , thanks. I just unplugged the opto and confirmed it stopped firing.

I had a similar issue (and quite a few others apparently) where the right ramp opto would have phantom triggers. In my case the pop bumpers firing would vibrate the right ramp enough to trigger the opto. You would start un-happy hour very quickly and gets lots of jackpots because it thought you were making right ramp shots over and over again. Enlarging the holes stopped the phantom triggers.

Stern seems to be making them just big enough but if the alignment is off just a little and you have problems. Seems like making the holes a little bigger makes them more robust against slight misalignment. Makes me wonder if there is any drawback to making them too big. Maybe Stern is worried about ramp integrity if holes are too big?

#4746 3 years ago

Just installed the gargoyle and casket mod. I think it blends in really well with the art style of the game. Thanks Medisinyl!

20200830_113748 (resized).jpg20200830_113748 (resized).jpg
#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Flipper power on my Elvira just started dropping noticeably. This is my first pin so any help is appreciated. Stops seems solid so should I try to adjust my switches?

Could be bad coil stops. Seems to be a fairly common problem on recent Sterns.

#4783 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So I'm setting up my new speakers and light kit and I got a serious snag. Whoever installed this screw tightened it so hard they completely stripped it out. Normally I'd go buy a stripped screw bit, but the screw is so small and there's no clearance for a drill. There's also no clearance for a Dremel tool to cut it. Any ideas?
Tried the rubber band method.
[quoted image]

Could you use a cutting wheel on a dremel to cut a slot in the screw head then use a flat blade screw driver in that slot to unscrew it.

#4798 3 years ago

Awesome to see that Stern released a trailer for the new Avengers that shows the topper and other planned accessories.

Makes me wish they would release details on the Elvira topper.

#4805 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The price of the Elvira topper has been raised from €599.00 to $999.00 on the Little Shop of Games website. I hope that's a typo :
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7105-00/

That's crazy. It better be pretty cool for that price. Maybe they see all the excitement for the game and decided to see how far they could push it price wise. You could buy 2 fully animatronic black knight toppers and a fully animatronic deadpool talking head for that much.

I also see they listed the new Avengers topper for $599.

#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I waxed my gargoyles rods today ( no, its not what you're thinkin , but they do seem more relaxed now) and what a difference. Lower ones hit glass every time, upper far more than before.

You used regular playfield wax or a lubricant like super lube?

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Damn! I remember Greg Freres saying on the FNO Twitch stream that there was no way the Elvira topper would be even close to $725. He scoffed at the idea that it would be that expensive.
But that was back in December before the JP Topper showed Stern how many suckers there are in the pinball buying world. And I was ready to support Stern with an overpriced Elvira topper, but this is too much.

If you look at the other Stern toppers most of them have sold out. However the Star Wars Topper at $749 is still avail from multiple places.

You would think Star Wars is more much popular than Elvira so if $749 Star Wars toppers don't sell out, I wonder why Stern would think Elvira toppers would do any better at $999?

#4862 3 years ago

My guess is that it's got a big LCD in the middle. It flips up when crypt is open and displays the floating dead heads on the topper LCD instead of having them on the main LCD. That looks cool and fixes a complaint many have that the dead heads get in the way on the main display. Give the topper owners something cool regarding gameplay but non topper owners arent missing a new mode. Cost of the LCD plus 3 to 4 node boards for LCD, motor, lights, switches drive the cost up compared to the flat plastic toppers with only lighting effects that cost $400 to $600.

If they want extra credit the use the LCD in a "peppers ghost" type set up or one of those hologram fans so the dead heads look more ghost like. Maybe throw in some strobe flashers for lighting effects in sync with the game thunder audio. That might be worth the extra money.

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

has anyone seen the topper in deadflips last stream?
he is streaming something else but topper can be seen in the background.
around 8:00 is focusing on it.

About the only thing he said about it was that it was very heavy. Hopefully he'll do another Elvira stream soon and we can finally see what it does.

#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

After thinking about it and knowing that there is going to be special code for the Elvira topper. I decided to be apart of the stern topper problem and get one. For those that don't know the toppers are shipping mid October.

I hope we dont have to wait until oct to find out what it does.

I heard it is not limeted to 200. Anyone else hear that as well?

#4951 3 years ago

$1.99 at autozone. One of the most valuable tools in the toolbox.

download.jpeg-3 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-3 (resized).jpg
#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:This is in constant rotation on my creepy false mirror tv in the Game room , along with episodes of TZ and multiple pinball promos

Creepy false mirror TV? That's sounds cool, care to elaborate?

#4983 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

So I’m just curious how many of you are planning to buy the stern topper that was shown for $1000?

Won't make a decision until I see it in action.

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'll see if I can find some photos though.

Sounds cool. Post some pics when you get a chance.

1 week later
#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Does anyone have a lead on a company that makes a topper for this pin?
Thanks

Stern pinball, rumored cost is $1,000 and is expected to be avail soon.

#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Stern has one coming at a $1000 a pop, supposedly limited to 200. Not sure if you already knew that. Apologies if you did.

Beat me by 26 seconds.

#5151 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think the best toppers follow the theme but show something different than the backglass. Since she is on the backglass, an alternate topper would do just fine without her on it.

I agree it's way more interesting to make the topper compliment the games theme vs just duplicating stuff already there. The Stern topper for TMNT prominently displays the TMNT logo just a few inches above the exact same logo on the backglass.

For the DIY types I saw this spooky old timey movie projector Halloween decoration at Lowes the other day. When triggered, the two reels spin and it projects a flickering pic of Frankenstein on a nearby surface. You could replace the internal slide from Frankenstein to one of Elvira or the movie macabre logo and trigger it to run whenever you are in a haunt. Totally fits the theme of the game and is $970.01 less than the Stern topper.
191245261445_15486161 (resized).jpg191245261445_15486161 (resized).jpg

#5153 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I mean what if stern announcement is this actually a Limited Edition topper, and that this is the first tiered topper line they've releasing and the same topper without the extras is only 350..

Multiple topper choices from Stern would be interesting.

Batman66 is only Stern game I can think of that had multiple toppers available. They had the batmobile topper that only came with SLE/LE games and couldnt be purchased separately. Then they sold two different toppers as accessories; the batsignal projector and the "villains" topper.

The weird thing I never understood is that the way cooler projector topper came with multiple node boards, was interactive with gameplay and cost $250. The "villains" topper was flat plastics, no node boards, and no interactivity and cost $400.

#5196 3 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Indeed she is. And can't wait what the topper will do.

It's frustrating to know that here is an Elvira topper thats been on the Elvira machine in DeadFlip's studio for a couple weeks now and he cant tell us what it does yet.

#5202 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:So...my motor controller board had a short and my center ramp is going up and down repeatedly making the game unplayable. Does anyone know where to source part 520-8418-00 motor controller board? I email stern but have not heard back yet. Any advise is helpful, my heart is broken with this game down

If you are the original buyer then the distributor you bought it from should be able to help.

If you bought it used then find out from the seller which distributor they bought it from and try asking them if they can order it for you.

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just got a call from my distributor. The Elvira toppers are in. Sad to say there isn't a third screen. The flip-up center is a static image with $1000 price tag. I walked away from my pre-order. The game is great but the topper blows.

Thats disappointing.

Who is your distributor? Did they send you any new pics that are different that what was leaked earlier.

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Even if I flex the ramp a bit, the optos still go out of alignment too easily.

Rob

I had right ramp phantom triggering and enlarging the opto holes in the ramp fixed it.

#5283 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Do you have a topper in hand? Maybe it’s a backlit image.

I'm guessing its backlit as well.

Not sure why the staic image is basically the same Elvira pose that's a few inches below on the backglass.

5b268987cba30633f9b16287acc5e40d9d609cab (resized).jpg5b268987cba30633f9b16287acc5e40d9d609cab (resized).jpg64dcdc2ad9329d7b904da89966a4c70f781c230c.jpeg (resized).jpg64dcdc2ad9329d7b904da89966a4c70f781c230c.jpeg (resized).jpg

It's like the TMNT topper where they duplicated the logo from the top of the backglass to the front of the topper.

52dd58e8d54c10c1320169069d3911452e8a624b (resized).png52dd58e8d54c10c1320169069d3911452e8a624b (resized).png

When that stuff happens the art director should step in and say, "WTF guys?"

#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

[quoted image]

Is that yours? If so how about some description to go along with the photo?

#5291 3 years ago

Looks like code to active opening/closing isn't it place yet. They did show adjustment #263 in the menus to enable/disable "topper attract mode scream".

I dont recall anyone mentioning that before but I also see it in my menu without a topper installed.

#5294 3 years ago

I tried the scream setting adjustment and it lets you adjust it from 0% to 100%. If you set it to 100% then when you hit a flipper button during attact mode it screams. If it's at 50% then sometimes it screams and sometimes it plays a random sound clip. If its 0% it never screams, just plays a random sound clip when you hit flipper button.

#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've got one waitin for me to pick up, kinda bummed on it, but there IS only 200 so hopin they hold value. Gotta believe it makes ehoh more saleable with topper than not. Don't matter to me tho, game not leavin any time soon

Did Stern officially say it's limited to 200? The Star Wars topper was limited and had a numbered plaque. All the LE machines are numbered. If this was limited to 200 you expect it to be numbered as well. Maybe the first batch is 200 and if there is still demand they will make more?

All the pics so far with the center flipped up have only showed it open to up to about 45 degrees. Does it flip up all the way or just halfway?

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

I would like to know this too. If someone else already posted let me know, tried to search in the past with no luck. I know some haunts feel like they will not end, other you need to hit the action button to set up the last shot, and one 2 just finish after like 8 or 10 shots.

Tiltforums rulesheet may help you. It's only up to 0.93 code rules but it does describe the shots needed to complete the main haunts. For some haunts there is a specific shot to make that will end the mode (usually is lit a different color than the others) but by shooting the other lit shots you can stay in the mode and keep building points.

http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

#5313 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

What is your speaker mod? Would like to do mine in a red or purple like yours.

Looks like Dugfreez's type 13 speaker light kit in action. He provides the 4" to 5 1/4" adapter plates, colored trim rings, and LED's at a very resonable price. Be aware though that these do create a lot of reflection on the glass so plan on anti reflective glass or bent plastic to mitigate that.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And with no official confirmation of production being limited to 200 and no LE designation, why should we trust that’s true?

I could have sworn on one of the podcasts some said first batch was 200 and maybe more if there was enough demand.

I'm guessing this topper will have 4 separate boards. Based on the photos I see 7 LED's per gargoyle plus 4 more LED's for the skull eyes plus the strip of LED's below the crypt sign and whatever LED's are behind the Elvira pic. So that will require two of 16 output LED driver boards. The lid opening up/down will need a motor controller or a coil driver board as well as switch inputs so that's another node board. Finally you need the the main node board that talks to CPU and then tells the other topper boards what to do.

The question we all have now is how interactive it will be. We've seen the gargoyle and skull lights change during gameplay but the lid is still a mystery. I guess we'll need to wait until the next code update to see how interactive it is and if it adds a topper exclusive mode or not.

#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Ordered a couple of these off of amazon 6.5 to 7inch tall.
gonna get some wood and trim and just build a knock off and add some strip colored lights doubt all in will be more then 200.
[quoted image]

Those look nice. I saw these on amazon that you could have sitting on the backbox.

511NsnN4RWL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg511NsnN4RWL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I certainly can't argue the point...but things are as they are. JJP has extremely nice games but he didn't have Elvira.

Besides Batman66 LE/SLE have there been any other modern Sterns that have shipped with toppers?

#5358 3 years ago

Not a Stern, but all the Ricky and Morty's come with a topper.

#5366 3 years ago

New code preview streaming right now on deadflip twitch!

#5374 3 years ago

Jack showed some of the work in progress readme file contents (99.10, 99.12, 99.17) from Lyman during his stream tonight. I'm assuming these will all be folded into the 1.0 release when its ready.

If you didn't catch the stream here's a few screen caps to give you a sneak peek of all the cool content to look forward to with 1.0. Jack showed them during the stream so I think they should be fait game to post here.

I love the attention to detail and theme integration Lyman continues to add to the game. For example, during a multiplayer game if one the players scores is significantly lower than the others a spider comes down the display and spins a web over the lowest score.

Who has a guess as to what the "PEW PEW PEW" mode is all about?

ehoh_99.10 (resized).jpgehoh_99.10 (resized).jpgehoh_99.12 (resized).jpgehoh_99.12 (resized).jpgehoh_99.17 (resized).jpgehoh_99.17 (resized).jpg
#5378 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So I've got my scream at 100% now and play with volume up pretty loud. On stream he said topper scream us as loud as Ghostbusters. Is that true? Didn't seem so, but maybe he had volume down

When topper is installed and you are in the attract mode does the scream go off randomly by itself or just when you hit a flipper button?

#5392 3 years ago

Stern doesn't have them on the line at the moment and supposedly not running them again until early next year.
So currently there are something like 50 SE's. 400 LE's, and who knows how many Prems for sure but I would say not as many as we have seen in other titles, also I think Covid might have had something to do with having the lower productions numbers as didn't that hit when this was on the line?

I think the bulk of the current EHOH games out in the wild were produced when it was first released in fall of 2019.

I think the game had a slow start because the code they had at launch and shown as Expo was still missing a lot. I was super excited to play it at Expo last year but it was a "meh" experience. It wasn't Batman66 launch code bare but it certainly didn't wow me. Some of the Expo games has issues with the skill shot not working well and the trunk causing issues.

So much has been added since that earlier code and now in my opion its Sterns best modern pin. It has all the things I'm looking for in a game: great theme integration, multiple interesting mechs, physical ball locks (5 of them all over the playfield) , wide variety of modes to accomplish, very non linear game progession, great artwork with tons of details, great integration of video assets, great use of lighting with RGB's the house and Sppoky lightening effects, fantastic callouts by the Elvira and Tim K, buttery smooth shots, very wide variety of music styles so.youndont get.vored hearing the same thing iver.and over. It also doesnt hurt that I'm a big fan of cheesy low budget sci-fi and horror films.

I think this pin (like Batman66) was like catching lightning in a bottle where all the various elements of the game just fell together perfectly.

#5407 3 years ago

I just want to know what modes this adds for 1k.

Based on what we've seen so far there doesnt appear to be any topper exclusive modes yet. So far we've seen different lighting effects based on the gameplay and it occasionally pops open for a scream. Not sure if the screaming is a topper exclusive or if the screams will also be in the new code for non topper users.

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've got scream on 100% , volume on game is way past default. Can't find any other setting yo make scream louder. Anyone know if possible?

Not sure if the latest pinball browsers version works with the latest Stern code or not. If it does, you could replace the scream callout with a louder version.

Does your current code do any of the screams during gameplay or is it just in attract mode?

When it screams while in attract mode is it doing it randomly on its own or only when you hit a flipper button?

#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ok, you guys have had your Elvira's a few months, how are they holding up , build quality wise?
Stern pins always feel like rickety balsa to me.
I played Elvira at Banning in January at INDISC, and loved the 2 games I played.
This is the first stern, I've even contemplated buying.
But Stern's business practices disgust me.
Is it as great as it looks?
I love Nordman games.
Convince me I should give the Evil empire my money.
Message from the wavering Freeeek Kingdom.

Just buy a used one to so your money goes to a fellow pinhead instead. It's a great game and would be a worthy addition to your collection.

#5450 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I love the topper! It freaked me out last night!

I wonder if the new code will have the random scream callouts during gameplay for non topper users.

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Will be downloading tonight - looks like another fantastic effort by Lyman!
Does anybody know if there's more integration with the topper added in 1.00.0? I didn't see anything listed in post #5453, but not sure if I missed it as I skimmed through.

There is a line in there:

- Added TOPPER scream effects for MULTIBALL starts and GARAGE MULTIBALL

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good LORD!!! 1.0 To the MAX!
Does anyone with the topper know if there’s a PCB in it, or is it all controlled by the CPU?

Looks like a single node board, 520-6998-72 which as capability to control up to 16 switches, 15 LED's, 4 coils and 1 GI string.

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So ... for those that just have HOH ... has the game made you seriously consider getting EATPM and/or Scared Stiff ?

I think Scared Stiff would get too repetitive in a small collection. It's a great game for it's time but due to limitations of the tech hearing the same callouts over and over again would get annoying after a while. Of the the two games I think I would like EATPM just due to its old school simplicity.

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just clarifying: this is a Spike 2 Node board?

I didnt take the topper apart to be able see the board part number. But based on the one edge that is visible it looks just like a 520-6998-72. It would be a good board to use because it can handle CPU communication, coil control, LED control, switch inputs, and GI control on a single board. Assuming that is the board being used its not cheap. Cointaker has them for $335.

https://cointaker.com/products/4-coil-node-board

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW, Betson has them for $188

Wow almost half price!
It pays to shop around.

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I am actually looking to buy a EHOH topper if I can find one to get the total picture. Amazing how much is packed into this game!

I heard they sold out but not sure if that's true or not.

It sounds like it being limited to only 200 might not be true. So Stern may make make more if enough people show interest.

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Hey I just got my topper in and installed it. when I turn the game on the lights turn on I get the red eyes and a green LED on the gargoyles and nothing else happens. when I go to Diagnostics to make it open or close nothing happens. Any suggestions to get it to work would be awesome. Thanks

When the coin door is open you need pull out the interlock to allow 48V to be online. The opening and closing of the topper needs the 48V line active to operate the coil in it.

#5616 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I would love to add some true classic horror films via pinball browser on this game.titles such as hellraiser, Halloween, candyman, phantasm, ect..

Now I feel real old. When you said "true classic horror" I'm thinking Karkoff's Frankenstein, Lugosi's Dracula, and Chaney's Wolfman. All the movies you mentioned came out when I was growing up so I consider them "modern" horror, LOL.

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Looking for some help....I got a topper and just installed it tonight. All the lights seem to be working but the opening part doesn't seem to do anything. We played a few test games and got multiball but it didn't open like I thought it would. After the game I went into the topper in game features (while holding down the 48v button), I press the select button to cycle between open and closed but nothing happens. The first few times it made a very faint knocking sound but now nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks!

You running the latest 1.0 code?

Does the center portion of the topper open and close freely if you move it with your hand?

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Following. This has been my experience too. Anyone else?

Quoted from docquest:

You running the latest 1.0 code?
Does the center portion of the topper open and close freely if you move it with your hand?

#5641 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

I emailed stern about the topper not opening. They said "we are thinking the crypt door might have come dislodged and that is why the crypt door is not functioning". They asked me to send it to them for a warranty repair, you might want to contact them and do the same. Hope this helps....

You should be able to isolate if it's a mechanical isssue or an electronics issue.

Easiest thing to check first is if the topper node board is being seen. Go to diagnostics menu and then and select "Node" to test the node boards. The topper node board should identify as node board 12. "Accessory topper (operational)". Select the "COMM" test and select node board 12. After you run the test it should say no errors. Then try the "BRD" test and again select node board 12. It should show version 0.64.0 code installed on it.

If node board 12 doesn't show up in those tests then the ethernet cable may not be plugged in or have a bad connector on it. If you have a spare 8 pin ethernet cable you could you could try that to determine if your cable was bad. Its also possible that the dip switches were not set properly on the node board. You would.need tomask.stern what they should be set to. The node board is pretty buried in the back so its not easier to see the dip switches or change them without a lot of disassembly.

You could also check the mechanics the make sure it's all connected properly. The coil to open the topper is under the right gargoil. Remove the two screws behind the right gargoil and the two screws on the top front of the gargoil. Lift up the gargoil and disconnect its connector to remove it. You should now be able to see the coil and linkage. You can manually push the plunger on the coil to verify it opens and closes lid.

#5646 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

The arm slides the whole way in and out of the coil without moving the lid at all, which I assume is not supposed to happen.

If that's what's happening then it might just be a set screw that needs to be tightened.

I took a pic of mine and yo can see there is a black set screw on a collar that fits over the crypt lid shaft. If that collar isnt secured around the shaft then it would just spin on the shaft when the coil energizes. Try tightening that screw.

rps20201021_235906 (resized).jpgrps20201021_235906 (resized).jpg
#5683 3 years ago

Saw the 1988 "Elvira Mistress if the Dark" movie this week for the first time in a while. I totally forgot that during the montage scene where the neighborhood kids fix up her house they play the song "Shout".

Nice nod to the film to include the "house fixing party" song from the movie during the "house party" multiball in the game.

The movie on again tonight on AMC at 830pm and it's also available to stream for free anytime if you are an Amazon prime or Hulu member.

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Three mechanical ball locks

Actually you can lock/stage balls in 5 places. Not to many games can do that.

Garage can hold 3 balls
Trunck can hold 2 balls
House cellar can hold 1 ball
House first floor can hold 1 ball
Crypt VUK can hold 1 ball

All those areas are used to great effect with the Gappa Angry mode. Although the center of the playfield is mostly open there is quite a bit of mechanical interaction with the ball in other areas of the playfield. They packed a lot of mechs into the game which is probably why there isnt a pro version since the game would definitely suffer if they removed any of them.

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I decided to build *5 only* custom toppers. If you’re interested, please post in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-elvira-topper-interest-list
$475 plus $40 shipping[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks like Elvira' beehive hairdo just fits under your ceiling tile.

#5782 3 years ago

- Added additional scream sounds to the TOPPER scream.

Nice, looking forward to more variety in my screams. Gets repetitive to hear the exact same scream everytime it goes off.

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Anyone know if they are doing another run of EHOH? Looking to purchase NIB and seems like no distributors have any.

Looks like "the pinball place" on the pinside marketplace says they have them in stock.

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I guess we were the test case for the $1k topper. The Turtles topper is also $1k.

When is first listed at some sites it had a price of $499 or $599. I wonder if they raised if after Elvira topper sold quickly.

I'm not so sure they would have sold out of the first batch as fast as it did if there wasnt that rumor floating around that it was going to be a limited runoff 200.

1 week later
#5947 3 years ago

While shopping for something online for my pinside secret santa recipient, I noticed that pinballpro says they have one Elvira topper left in stock for a bit of a markup.

https://pinballpro.net/shop/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-topper-stern/

#5954 3 years ago

Anyone try those eyeball balls at modmypin.com?
They might look cool in Elvira.

https://shop.modmypin.com/glo-balls-eyeballs-set-of-4-p19.php

#5979 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anybody know what movie plays during "Wild women multiball"?

That would be "Wild Women of Wongo", filmed in "Passionate Pathecolor". You can watch it for free on youtube. In addition to Elvira having it on Movie Macabre, the MST3K crew riffed on it as well.

Wild-Women-Of-Wongo-lobby-card-1 (resized).jpgWild-Women-Of-Wongo-lobby-card-1 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6004 3 years ago

What's this all about?

rps20201201_120805 (resized).jpgrps20201201_120805 (resized).jpg
#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

How do you start the Santa Clause Conquers the Martians mode? I've had it happen randomly while playing, but no idea what I did to start it.
Thx in advance everyone, and Happy Holidays! ....

You need to collect the skeleton key from the trunk. Then you can select the secret room (window on far right of house) before you hit the house to start it. It will randomly choose from 3 movies, Santa Clause Conquers The Martians, The Satantic Rites of Dracula, or The Giant Gila Monster.

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Technically it's the far right of the house

Fixed my original post, thanks!

I'm still trying to get it but I keep getting Drac or Gila monster.

#6020 3 years ago

I was browsing the adjustments to make sure I had the right date and time for the Santa stuff and noticed some interesting settings I never noticed before.

For those hoping for more haunts, there are adjustment for some more movies we haven't seen in the game yet. Doesnt guarantee they will be added but maybe?

The movies were shown in the adjustments by their abbreviations:

TKS = The Killer Shrews
AOTGL = Attack of The Giant Leeches
ABOB = A Bucket of Blood
TEW = The Wasp Woman
EEGAH = EEGAH!

Would love to see EEGAH make it into the game someday.

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

The Comet channel is showing Santa Claus conquers the martins Saturday at 11 pm Central. Set the DVR

You can watch it anytime if you have Amazon Prime.

However, the movie is a LOT more entertaining if watch one of the riffed versions of it. Your choices are the original MSTK version with Joel an the bots, the Rifftrax version with Mike and the bots, and the Cinematic Titanic version with an older Joel and the mads. All three of these versions are available for free on the Tubi streaming service. I think the original MSTK version is the best of the 3.

There is also the Elvira hosted version from Movie Macbre but I dont think any of the streaming services have that currently.

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,
made my own design of a new crypt facade printed in 3d.
The print consists of five skull heads having leds in the eyes.
The logo of dead head signboard is iluminated from behind by the existing led in the crypt.

If you want to build your own please refer to my post at thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4676669
You can download the stl files there.
Sorry, but please don't ask for to build a mod for you.
Also I won't provide a kit.
[quoted image]

That looks amazing!

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

This is the main issue I have with Stern and their marketing team. If you're gonna spend all this time PROMOTING a cool new item on one of your awesome recent games, why not PROPERLY EXPLAIN it to folks instead of having everyone try it out forever without any results? If this was Spooky Pinball, you'd have someone in this very thread, explaining how it's supposed to work. And we know Stern folks are here, why not explain it properly? And to place this "easter egg" within a mode that I've got maybe 3 times in 3 months, is also a little "meh". I would have made it EASIER to hit the SANTA mode during the holidays or some shit. It's an awesome mode but VERY VERY HARD to get to, if ever.

I've tried multiple times the last few days to try and see what the easter egg was. I got the Santa haunt a few times but didn't see anything new. I got desperate enough that I finally decided to removed the glass and do it by hand, still nothing new. I decided to set the date to 12/25 and then I finally saw the new clip. Every time I finished the haunt when the date was 12/25 it would play the same new clip at the end. I reset the data back to today (12/6) and I couldn't get it to play anymore. So I think the clip only plays when the date is 12/25 and you complete the haunt successfully.

I wont spoil what the clip is for anyone but will say it was from one of the "bits" she does between commercials from the Santa Clause Conquers the Martians episode of Movie Macabre (which was her Xmas episode of the show when it was originally broadcast 12/20/2010). Also the beginning of that particular episode features a very cool stop motion Xmas short similar in style to those 60's Rankin Bass holiday specials like Rudolph (this wasn't the clip I saw in the game).

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So there may one day be a total of 7? locked haunts

I hope that if new haunts are added they dont all go into the secret window. I'd rather have them get randomly picked from the main windows so.you get a chance to play more more. Similar to Batman66 where there are 2 different episodes for each of the main villains.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I enjoy how special they are to get to, wouldnt want to cheapen it.
How the hell are you getting 5 billion? Where do all the points come from?

I get that but if they add 4 more haunts to the secret room for a total of 7, I'd be lucky to see all before I'm dead LOL!

1 week later
#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Can somebody put up a video of the special holiday mode videos on YouTube?

Hurry Up pinball did a steam recently that shows it. He gets to the Santa Haunt at 2 hours and 10 minutes in and you see the easter egg at the end of the mode.

1 week later
#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All I know is that I’ve been on waitlist since February

You need to shop around some more. I bought mine in June and at least 2 dealers I talked with at that time had them in stock.

1 week later
#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

EHOH has three motors. Lift ramp, Crypt and Turret.

Actually four motors. You forgot the house diverter motor.

Dennis briefly mentioned there were ramp changes made by Stern after he submitted his design. Would love to hear details on what the original ramps looked like as well as what other things might have been removed from his original design.

As is the game is packed with mechs. It definitely has a higher BOM compared to other recent Stern premium games.

#6362 3 years ago

Just saw you posted some screen grabs showing the orignal left ramp. That looks wild. I'm assuming those are from the Expo talk. I was there but forgot about those pics. Maybe a clever modder with plastics experience can try and replicate that ramp?

Quoted from jfh:

The other big item removed was a physical wheel of fate below the lower left outlane.

I think the wheel shown in that prototype pic looks pretty big and would make that part of the game overly crowded. I think the LCD version they have now is a nice compromise and works well.

#6379 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Personally I just don’t think the dip ramp worked correctly. A fast shot would easily go airborne and smack the up side of the ramp. The ramp wouldn’t last long with that type of abuse. I believe that was the real reason why it was pulled.

Once the get the vacuforming mold done I doubt a curvy ramp would cost much more than a flat one. I also think the decision to go simplier was probably based more on performance than cost.

Even with the straight ramp a lot of people had issues with getting alignment to the trunk just right. I think that big dip would have made it a lot harder to get consistent good transfers from the ramp to the trunk.

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It is a Kapow game though, so I have no idea how the numbers work on these. I always assumed the extra cost on these boutique games covered Kapow's fees.

Elvira HOH is not a Kapow game.

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

For anyone wanting the alligator mod , I tried siliconing
the gator to the deadhead ramp but the glue didn't hold. I drilled a hole in his right foot and mounted to the right outlane with better results.
[quoted image]

That gator looks like its screaming because there a giant screw going through his foot.

#6414 3 years ago

Except that on Whitewater that ramp is fed from an upper playfield, so there's a lot more kinetic energy on the ball to travel the dips.

And the Whitewater ramp didnt need to go over (and sometimes in) a trunk with no no side guides immediately after coming out of the dip.

Maybe someone with a junked Whitewater ramp can hack it and do some experimenting with it in an Elvira. If it could be done reliably I think it would be a popular mod.

#6511 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Great, thanks for that, when the lid is lifted can you actually see the flashers? There are no flashers in mine, is it possible to get a photo of the flashers so I know where they are mounted, then I can contact my supplier with the info for a replacement
Cheers

The graphic of the screaming Evira in the topper is a backlit plastic. There are 2 LED strips behind it to illuminate it. You won't be able to see them unless you disassemble the topper to get behind that plastic.

If you go into LED test in diagnostics menu (dont forget to pull out the interlock switch) those LED strips come on by default. Even with with the flapper.in the down position you can see it light up along the edge of it. The LED strips are connected to the GI output on the topper node board.

You can not turn those LED strips turn on or off in the diagnostics menu, they are always on while you are in the diagnostic menu. The other LED's in the topper can turned on/off and are labeled in the menu as LED's #200 to #214.

If that Elvira plastic is not lighting up in the diagnostics menu and everything else in the topper works then lithe problem is one of the following: LED strips are bad or missing, bad connection between topper node board and LED strips, or bad GI output on topper node board.

Hope that helps.

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Do you know if you can adjust the volume to make it louder for the scream on the topper only?
cheers

I dont think think there is an adjustment for that.

You could use something like pinball browser to replace the current scream with a sound clip that was a louder scream.

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from twazu:

Asking here in case there’s someone who’s gone through it before who may have a third option/fix. Thanks.

Since you can buy a replacement motor (150 at Marco or 70 at pinball life) I'd say take the noisy one apart and see if you can see what the problem is and maybe fix it. If you cant fix it then just buy the replacement motor.

I had the crane motor on my Batman66 stop working. Since the replacement was pricey at $150 I decided to take it apart see if I could fix it myself. The problem was the motor shaft was slipping within in the center hole of a gear. A little bit of loctite (at my job we had some loctite specifically made for this type of mechanical fit) solved the problem so I didnt have to buy the replacement motor.

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Elvira fans .. so I am thinking of getting the dates of Elviras Movie Macabre on my tomb mod . What be be appropriate dates you think ? Original season ended in 86 but some
Of these movies in the game aired until
2011 and there www even a series in 2013z
So 1981 - ??

The series had a few iterations. The first ran for 5 seasons from 1981 to 1986. The second iteration was just 1 season that was in syndication from 2010-2011. Stern has the rights to the video assets from that season (26 public domain movies plus all the Elvira video bits from that season). There was another short reiteration on Hulu streaming that was just 13 episodes which was made for the 2013 Halloween season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre

#6664 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks thinking maybe 1981 - 2011 , technically the others ones are not “movie macabre” or part of the game .
Is there aby anywhere to stream all the old shows ?

ShoutFactoryTV has some of the 81-86 Elvira episodes available on their free streaming channel. If you are fan of cheesy movies, Shout also has a streaming channel24/7 of MST3K shows as well.

#6695 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Nice cards, but I like them a bit larger so they block those gates in the apron. I always stick them on the apron with double sided tape.

You could stick the card on some of this. That would keep it nice and flat on the metal apron.

https://www.michaels.com/pro-mag-magnetic-adhesive-sheet/10579144.html

Those lenticular cards would look even nicer if they weren't tucked into the corner holes.

#6701 3 years ago

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.

Would people be interested in this mod?

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
rps20210127_231157 (resized).jpgrps20210127_231157 (resized).jpg
rps20210127_231848 (resized).jpgrps20210127_231848 (resized).jpg

New plastics with built in display:

rps20210127_225823 (resized).jpgrps20210127_225823 (resized).jpg
rps20210127_225754 (resized).jpgrps20210127_225754 (resized).jpg
rps20210127_225640 (resized).jpgrps20210127_225640 (resized).jpg
rps20210127_225610 (resized).jpgrps20210127_225610 (resized).jpg
rps20210127_230348 (resized).jpgrps20210127_230348 (resized).jpg
rps20210127_230252 (resized).jpgrps20210127_230252 (resized).jpg

#6734 3 years ago

Looks like there is enough of you interested in this for me to offer the OLED apron mod.

I'll offer it in a couple flavors, you can choose a single display to go in the left or right side of the apron or a dual display to have a display both sides. For premium owners it have red circles in the art as seen in my prototype pics. LE owners will be the same layout except the red circles will be purple to match the cabinet art. I'm assuming the LE/SE owners would just want the single left side display version since the right side of their apron has the plastic on the right with all the signatures on it.

For the video content I would also have some options. For those who just opt for a single display I would put all 26 movies from the 2010 season of Elvira's Movie Macabre that the game could potentially use. For those who wanted a dual display I would split t up so two displays always had different content. The right display would have the 14 movies trailers that are currently in the game or have references to the movies on the backglass (Manos Hand of Fate, Teenagers From Outer Space, Manster, Werewolf of Washington, Night of the Living Dead, Brain That Wouldn't Die, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, Gilant Gila Monster, Satantic Rights of Dracula, Wild Women of Wongo, Monster From Prehistoric Planet (i.e. Gappa), Killer Shrews, Wasp Woman, Eegah.

The right display would have the remaining 12 movies from that season of Movie Macabre that aren't referenced in the game (so far anyways). Those movies include Attack of the Giant Leeches, Beast From the Haunted Cave, Bucket of Blood, Don't Look In the Basement, Hercules and the Captive women, I Eat Your Skin, Lady Frankenstein, Jesse James Vs Frankenstein's Daughter, Scared to Death (has Bela Lugosi!), the Terror (has Boris Karloff and Jack Nicolson!), Tormented, Untamed Women. In between the trailers

I'll also include classic bumpers like "coming soon", "our feature presentation", etc. I was also thinking about offering a personalized option so you could have only the trailers you wanted. Also if you got a photo or video of you with Cassandra Peterson from her TPF or Expo appearances I could potentially incorporate that into your video stream. I cant put any Elvira footage from her show in there since that is copyrighted unlike the movies which are public domain.

The displays can use up to 250ma each (that's about 10-15 LED's equivalent) which is too much to just tap off existing node board so I will be including a power supply with the mod. A bonus of having the power supply is it could also be used to power other 12v or 5v mods you have in your game.

Pricing for a single display will be about $150 and includes a 1.7" OLED display, a new apron plastic and art, power supply and harnessing. If you opt for 2 displays it will be a little less than twice that. I'll be collecting parts this week to make an initial batch of a dozen or so and I will make more batches if there is continued demand. Once the first batch is ready in a week or so I'll start a new thread and have them in my Pinside shop ready to order. People who sent me PM's already I'll let you know a few days ahead when they are ready so you can get first dibs.

Thanks

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Very awesome! How can we fit this into the LEs?

Yes I was thinking the red circles in the artwork would be changed to be purple to match the LE cabinet art. I'm assuming LE owners would only want a display on the left side of the apron playing all 26 trailers since the right side has the signature plastic.

Does the SE have the same apron plastics as the LE?

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

premium vs LE debate? Freres Cabinet art kinda settles it. Elvira's classic pose but holding 2 balls.. come on now..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm kicking myself for not getting an LE when I had the chance. The game didn't wow me at expo due to the early code and some of the games at expo had some mechanical issues with the trunk and the back door skill shot. However after seeing Dead Flip streams after a few code updates I saw how cool the game was becoming. The nice thing is that premium owners are getting the same game experience and a Premium can be blinged up fairly easily to look as good as an LE. If I could go back on time I would get an LE though.

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I believe the apron plastics are the same - but I like the LE apron plastic - any way to keep that and add the screen rather than purple circles?
[quoted image]

I want the screen to be somewhat centered in the plastic and I like the border image to be the film strip frame which doesn't leave a lot of extra room for art like the the big Elvira illustration the LE left apron. That why I thought the eyeball about the film strip and purple background circles would still look good for the LE. The signature card on the right also has the eyeball and purple circles. I could replace the text about "return the b-movie phantoms back to film" with just "Limited Edition" fro the LE version? I'm open to suggestions as to what people would prefer.

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. That was fast. Absolutely in for an LE version (left side only)
Would the mod destroy the existing sticker? Or does it just sit over the top? (i.e. how reversible is the mod?)
Did you look at fitting the mod where the instruction card goes instead? Not sure I would prefer that but just curious.
For the LE, I agree with dexter - prefer the cartoon Elvira over the eyeball

The current apron doesnt have a sticker there it's a backlit plastic. If you remove the plastic you'll see that there is a large triangular hole there with an LED to enable it to be backlit.

One of the cool lighting effects Lyman did is to have that LED flicker when you hear lightning in the game. When you have a ball waiting in the shooter lane you will hear the lightning and see the flicker effect.

My mod replaces the current plastic in the apron so it is very easy to install and also remove if you want to go back to stock. The plastic has the OLED display mounted to it. Even with the display in the center you still see the lightning flicker effect in the lower corner.

The problem with mounting it where the instruction card is that there is no hole there. The display with its connectors in the back is too thick to sit on top so you would need to cut a hole in the metal apron. Replacing the plastic on the upper part of the apron is a lot easier and less expensive way to do it.

My idea for the mod came from looking at my premium which has the film strip as part of the art in that location so that's where I decided to place the display.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Do you have to drink the apron ? My only hesitation would be doing that on an LE for example.

Did you mean to say drill the apron? No permanent change to the apron is needed. My mod is mounted to a new plastic that replaces the current plastic. So it's easy to install as well as uninstall if you wanted to go back to stock.

#6760 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This looks great and I am out, I have an LE and can't see doing this on my machine.
Any Chance you can make these into playfield toys? I would put little TV's on the playfield with the videos.

I have no plans to make a version that installs anywhere other than the apron. If you want a TV style display you can get one from Sparky pinball here:

http://www.sparkypinball.com/generic-wood-cab-tv-2

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Got a new pic for my game room.
[quoted image]

Cool! Did you order it from her website?

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was browsing the adjustments to make sure I had the right date and time for the Santa stuff and noticed some interesting settings I never noticed before.
For those hoping for more haunts, there are adjustment for some more movies we haven't seen in the game yet. Doesnt guarantee they will be added but maybe?
The movies were shown in the adjustments by their abbreviations:
TKS = The Killer Shrews
AOTGL = Attack of The Giant Leeches
ABOB = A Bucket of Blood
TEW = The Wasp Woman
EEGAH = EEGAH!
Would love to see EEGAH make it into the game someday.

There are adjustments for movies that dont have haunts yet so maybe they will show up in the game at some point.

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

According to docquest there are 14 of 26 movies currently represented in the game, so that would required 12 more modes for all.

Some of the 14 are represented only by art in the backglass, like the monster from Eeagh, Killer Shrews, Wasp Woman, etc. We havent seen clips form those movies show up yet.

Since some of the movies in the asset package have have some bonified movie stars like Lugosi, Karloff, Jack Nicolson so it would be cool id they got added to a mode or haunt at some point.

#6863 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Do you guys find you dont often hit all the targets to light the trunk? Just doesn't seem to happen often on my game?

Its hard to hit them all directly. Half the time I just get a lucky bounce that lights the last one for me.

#6942 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have any pics of the GI LED under the left and right backlit plastics in their apron? I'm trying to determine if the location of those LED's varies from machine to machine.

#6965 3 years ago

Thought I'd give a little update on the apron movie trailers mod.

I've been experimenting with some light masks to retain the lights flickering when there is thunder and lightning during the game. You can see what I'm talking about if you start a game and leave the ball in the shooter lane. Every few second you'll hear thunder and the GI lights (including those under the apron plastics) will flicker to match the sound. It's a great spooky atmospheric effect that Lyman created.

All of art on the original apron plastics is backlit by the apron GI LED. However for this mod the OLED screen fills up a lot of the center area. Plus the screen has a bezel and mounting ears that make it even larger under the plastic than just the video part you see from the front. If you back light the whole plastic are you'll see shadows from the screens frame, mounting tabs, the wiring harness, etc and it doesn look so great.

So I decided to try and back light just the eyeball and the text and block the light everywhere else. This retains the original effect, when there is thunder the eyeball and text areas in the art will flicker but the other areas of the plastic won't so you won't see shadows form all the other stuff from the mod under the nee apron plastic.

With my game I needed to relocate the apron LED a little for the optimal position. Since I dont know for sure if Stern puts that LED in the same place in every game I came up with an LED support that lowers the LED height and also allows you to swivel it to whatever it looks best. The support uses the same screw hole the current LED is in so no new holes are needed and its 100 percent reversible if desired.

Here are a couple clips to try and show the thunder effect under dim and normal lighting.

I'm planning on building up the first batch this weekend. Once they are boxed and ready to ship I will begin sending PM's to those who expressed interest in the order I recieved them.

Thanks

#7001 3 years ago

Creepo also drives the car in the Drive Me Crazy mode. Most people should see that.

He is also on the playfield art driving the car at the entrance of both orbits.

1 week later
#7076 3 years ago

Elvira Apron OLED display update.

Had some furnace problem that distracted me from the mod progress but I'm back on track again. Here is the final artwork I'm going with, the text on both versions is identical. For premium users I use the red background with a green around the screens and a green eyeball to match what was there originally. For LE And SLE users I have the blue background with a grayish eyeball.

art examples (resized).jpgart examples (resized).jpg

Spent most of the weekend making lots of harnesses and testing them out.

If you already sent me a PM expressing your interest there is no need to send me another one. I have a list and I'm going through it it in the order the requests came in.

#7133 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

First!
The screen mod is awesome. Very well integrated, the instructions are clear and I didn’t have any issues with installation.
It’s definitely one of those totally unnecessary but absolutely cool mods. I really like it![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for pointing out the typo I had. I'm printing out replacement art work and will be shipping it out this weekend to you and all the others I've shipped the mod too so far.

#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

at least this one can be removed and sold for most of your investment back later on.

More likely to re-coup more than your investment based on sales or other Stern toppers recently.

#7146 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

docquest I had said I was in on here but maybe I didn’t make the list ? ☺️

Need to send me a PM if you are interested in the mod. It's too hard to keep track of who wants one just by reading the thread comments.

#7187 3 years ago

I listened to the "The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1" today and it has a great interview with Tom Kopera. He was the lead mechanical engineer on EHOH. He talks a lot about EHOH and Cactus Canyon and other earlier Bally William's games he worked on. He talks about the original crypt first with 5 pbyicsl heads and had 8 possible positions! A good listen.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-interviews-ep-1-tom-kopera/

#7216 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Best art on pinblades for this tittle/ anyone?

I think Stern did a good job on their blades for this one.

#7248 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

This has been a great week for me. I picked up my EHOH machine on Sunday, got my shooter rod yesterday and just got notification that my topper has shipped from Stern!
[quoted image]

And to add to the list, your apron video display is shipping tomorrow.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Incredible Mod! Thanks Brian!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

Where did you get the eyeballs?

Wonder how they'd look when lit up in sync with apron LED's

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Also did the start button. Nice extra
[quoted image]

Hard to take a good pic with it illuminated. Here's how it looks unlit.
start button finished2 (resized).jpgstart button finished2 (resized).jpg

#7353 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you making the start button?

Yes its $150 plus shipping. That sounds expensive bit it also comes with a free apron OLED display mod.

1 week later
#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Why is EHoH premium $700 more than all other premiums?

I think it's due to a higher bill of materials. It has 4 motors, a crap load of opto's, complocate house with distortion printing, etc. Before people complain " but an extra motor is only a couple bucks" they need to remember that the mark up from actual cost of producing an item (especially pinball) to the retail price is very large. So even if Elvira is slightly more expensive than an other premium its probably enough to increase the price by $700. I'd be surprised if the licensing cost of Elvira was higher than Led Zepplin, Avengers, or Star Wars.

#7623 3 years ago

I've finally got caught up on all of my preorders of the apron video display mod so I've now added it to my pinside shop.
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

#7644 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good old usps at their finest!

Well to be fair, the Stern packaging wasnt very good. All my previous Stern toppers came with the foam blocks that were perfectly shaped to encapsulate the entire topper. Elvira topper is way too heavy to ship in basic cardboard box with just some bubble wrap thrown in.

Wonder why they arent shipping these with the foam anymore?

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can you lower the leg levelers in the back and if needed remove the front ones? A 1/4” is not that much at all.

You could swap in some other legs that are 28.5" vs the current Stern 30.5".

rps20210327_140230 (resized).jpgrps20210327_140230 (resized).jpg
#7685 3 years ago

Swapping legs instead of lowering the leg levelers and removing the front ones if needed is not the most cost effective.

Yes, but if removing the front levelers wasn't quite enough it could be a back up option.

3 weeks later
#7843 3 years ago

When the super secret back door unskilled shot sign on my Elvira House of Horrors pinball machine starts flashing it reminds me of a neon sign for a tacky roadside attraction. I thought adding a little neon glow to it might look cool. My mod consists of a fluorescent green plastic piece that fits behind the current sign. When the flasher behind the sign goes off it makes the fluorescent plastic have a neon green glow. Its a nice subtle touch to add a little more eye candy to this amazing machine. Installation only takes about 1 minute, requires no permanent modifications to the game, and is just as easy to remove if desired.

backdoor1 (resized).jpgbackdoor1 (resized).jpg

I've added them to my pinside shop page:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/05012-elvira-back-door-sign-mod

Here is a link to a before and after clip of the mod installed:

#7848 3 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Docquest! Your contributions to this game are so awesome! Very nice, subtle but effective passive-mod. Bravo!

Thanks for the kind words! I do my best to enhance the games existing art and design. The goal is to make it look like something the original designers would have put in the production game if they had unlimited time and money.

#7960 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Docquest you’re the best!
[quoted image]

Glad you like it. Elviras super secret back door unskilled shot sign was beginning for the neon green glow treatment.

#7961 2 years ago

Some people have gotten 30x40 fleece blankets at www.collage.com to make dust covers for their games. You send them a picture and they put it on a blanket. If you get on their junk mail list they will send you a discount for a future order.

They recently send me an offer for a free blanket, I just had to pay $15 for the shipping. So I made up one for my EHOH that has all the movie posters from the season of Movie Macabre that the game has the assets from. I think it came out great.

20210419_191225 (resized).jpg20210419_191225 (resized).jpg

#7965 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I’d love this file too if you would be so kind to share. We’d like to start making blankets to cover our machines and this one would be a great start for our soon to be newest addition.

Here ya go. The aspect ratio of the 30x40 blanket is different than the pinball glass so that's why the image doesnt extend all the way to the sides. If it did then that part of the image would hang off the sides of the glass.
ehoh blanket small (resized).jpgehoh blanket small (resized).jpg

It looks like the first attempt to attach the image failed since it was too big. I made it smaller so it would attach. If anyone wants the higher res version they'll have to PM me their email address.

#7968 2 years ago

I did a similar custom towel cover for mine.
[quoted image]

You can also make these blankets double sided if you want. That way you could put a different design on each side and switch it up every now and then.

1 week later
#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Stern just needs more competition. They just don’t give a shit right now.

Everyone assumes Stern is just willfully screwing over paid customers and distributors and would rather build more Mandalorians.

However, it's possible the reason Stern is not building as many as expected with this and earlier builds is due to parts shortages. Every game has unique parts and maybe some of the ones in Elvira are taking longer to get.

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

True - there are major chip shortages and other global logistics issues right now

I'm thinking the motors could be the problem. Elvira has a lot of motors.

2 weeks later
#8384 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Where did you get those art blades??

Those are the official Stern produced Elvira art blades. Of all the art blade options out there, I think these compliment the the B-Movie theme of the game the best. Since Greg designed them they blend in perfectly with the rest of the art package. Pretty nice add on for $79.

You can get them from the Stern store or most distributors sell them as well.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/elvira-inside-art-blades

#8412 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

They look great when backlit too!
[quoted image]

You might need some visine for the right eyeball in your apron video display mod. It looks a little bloodshot from your red LED shooter lane mod LOL.

1 week later
#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

does anybody know if the code is complete at 1.02 or are we waiting for some more?

I think most agree that the game is complete with the 1.02 code.

However, if Lyman wants to put some more icing on his already fantastic cake then we would welcome it.

There a few additional movies that are featured in the games artwork and are referenced in the game settings (Eegah, Wasp Woman, Killer Shrews, Giant Leeches, bucket of blood) but havent been used as haunts or modes yet. So it's possible he might still add those haunts in at some point.

#8655 2 years ago

Shipment exception
Emergency - Delay in transit
WTH?! It left Anaheim Friday.
[quoted image]

Does FedEx usually deliver pinball machines? When I bought new games in the past they were delivered by trucking companies like Estes or R+L.

I didnt know FedEx did pinball machines. I guess in your situation they aren't doing a very good job of it.

Good news is that you got a game on it's way from this recent build and you dont have to wait until the next run whenever that is.

#8788 2 years ago

I am definitely going to do that. Thank you so much. Hopefully something easy. Worried won’t get a response from Stern anytime soon. Thank you again. Will update tomorrow.

The topper lid goes up via a coil located under the right gargoyle. If it goes up but them quickly falls you should check the linkage between the coil and the shaft. Could be a loose set screw on the shaft.

rps20210610_065741 (resized).jpgrps20210610_065741 (resized).jpg
#8808 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Powdercoat from Robert arrived yesterday, he does such great work!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What's his current turnaround time?

#8819 2 years ago

Thanks my friend, really appreciate it. I just finished making and installing my custom shooter rod. It’s a bit off center so not to thrilled about that. Will start installing art blades and other mods tomorrow’s.

Looks great! I like that orientation of the skull (shooter rod goes into back of the skull and skull faces straight forward).

Has me considering doing some surgery on my Stern Creepo the Clown shooter rod to have him orientated like your skull.

#8938 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here ya go. The aspect ratio of the 30x40 blanket is different than the pinball glass so that's why the image doesnt extend all the way to the sides. If it did then that part of the image would hang off the sides of the glass.
[quoted image]
It looks like the first attempt to attach the image failed since it was too big. I made it smaller so it would attach. If anyone wants the higher res version they'll have to PM me their email address.

Collage.com sent me a fathers day code to get a free 30x40 fleece blanket (you still need to pay shipping and tax though). The code was "BlanketDeal". I dont if it was a code that only works if they send it to you or would work for anyone or.how lo g its active. Worth a shot if you were interested in getting one of the photo blankets.for almost free.

#9013 2 years ago

I had to do the same fix on mine. Once I drilled the hole a little bigger, never had the problem again.

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Also, who makes the mini lcd apron mod?

Guilty as charged.

2 weeks later
#9335 2 years ago

If anyone is going to Allentown and is interested in buying my apron video display mod or back door sign mod PM me and I can being them to Allentown to avoid shipping costs.

8b2766f2211fedd1b6b9403778507e7da9752787 (resized).jpg8b2766f2211fedd1b6b9403778507e7da9752787 (resized).jpgbackdoor1 (resized).jpgbackdoor1 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9518 2 years ago

Not only cost more but also the newly produced games will get the ugly QR scanner on the right side of the apron. I'd rather have the game artwork there (or a cool video screen with cheesy trailers).

1 week later
#9547 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You would think for $10.5k they could afford to give you a T-shirt AND a baseball cap …

Don't forget you also get a lanyard with it, LOL.

Who knows though, once Elvira is out of production, 10.5K might end up being a bargain price.

Its got all the ingredients to be highly sought after collectible game: relatively low production run, lots of cool mechs, shoots like butter, fantastic ruleset, appeals to all skill ranges of players, last Stern game by Lyman.

I'm hoping that the upcoming code update for the connected stuff has a few surprises in there from Lyman before he left Stern.

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is so much to do in this game. So many ways to play.

Exactly, having a wide variety of objectives and non linear paths to play is great. People complain about code depth, but I think this game really excels with its code "width".

2 weeks later
#9636 2 years ago

I've been getting several messages asking about the out of stock status of my Elvira video trailers apron mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

Unfortunately all of the usual suppliers of the screen I use for the mod are currently out of stock. I reached out to the manufacturer of the screen and they said due to Covid related parts shortages they probably won't be getting anymore manufactured until April 2022 at the earliest.

I'm currently ordering and testing some possible alternate screens to use. None of them have the exact same mounting dimensions, so a screen change would also require a redesign of the window plastic and the art around it. So bottom line is I still plan to make these as long as there is demand but it might be a little while until I have them in stock again.

#9644 2 years ago

Now we need one for the left side of Godzilla that plays the Showa era trailers.

That would be very cool. Is there a list somewhere of which 10 films that the game uses clips from?

#9700 2 years ago

How do you order them?!! Don’t leave us hanging

You can download the file to 3d print here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4793137

#9720 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What does insider equipped mean?

Has apron with QR code reader installed and wifi dongle on main board.

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

What premium 3D printer do you recommend?

I dont have a 3D printer so I'm not the right guy to answer that question. Try pinsider yelobird, he's well versed with 3D printers.

#9734 2 years ago

I’d be interested to know how this works too. Although it could be a little weird since she says the lyrics as the song starts.

At first I thought the "Shout" song seemed to be a weird choice for the game. However after re-watching the "Elvira Mistress of the Dark" movie I remembered that was the song they played for the montage where the town helps her fix up her old house so she can sell it. I appreciate that attention to detail by the design team.

1 week later
#9806 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Much better than a QR code reader for sure.

I'm really curious to see what the EHOH apron art with the QR reader looks like.

Besodes Godzilla, has Stern shown any of the other Spike games with the new apron yet?

1 week later
#9843 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is awesome even how it is now - but yeah, I bought in expecting there would be more movies too. If Lyman's really gone, would you want someone to step in and just half-ass the remaining movies? I'm not sure that would make the game better.

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out Lyman had some finished code already to go and they are just waiting to roll it out with the Stern Insider Connected update. That would be a nice Xmas present.

#9847 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That would be great. I seriously wonder if that last update was done before he left, even though it wasn't released until afterwards.

Maybe someone can ask him if he shows up at expo.

#9870 2 years ago

Didn't see this one coming. Wonder if they will have one at expo to check out.

If they made that shooter rod as an acessory that anyone could buy, they would sell a ton of them.

#9874 2 years ago

It says it comes with insider connected installed so I was hoping we'd finally see how the new apron art looks. But if you zoom in on the flyer pic it still shows the old apron style.

#9890 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Do you think they will do another run of toppers? On the same note, 25k and no topper…

Looking back, it makes the Batman66 LE with topper, batwing armor, and shaker at 10K quite a bargain.

#9895 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wonder if we might get more code. Game is pretty full, but more haunts would be nice.

In the past Stern has saved completed code updates for when a new run of a game was announced to help drive sales. Maybe we'll get something with this along with the Insider Connected update.

#9909 2 years ago

Even in this over inflated pin market, it seems like selling 199 of these at 25-30k might take a while.

#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from batman66SLE:

As a point of reference, I paid $14,000 for a Batman 66 SLE which I thought was exorbitant 5 years ago. That included personalized shout out from Adam West, “Saul, get the batphone!” which makes me smile every time I hear it. Compare that to the underwhelming features on Elvira 199 for $15k above the Batman SLE? Just buy two large pillows and save yourself some money.

Would have been cool to get Elvira to have a personalized message like Adam did one SLE.

#9969 2 years ago

They finally made a good shooter rod and it’s on the one version I will never own. Sigh.

I wasn't a fan of the Creepo the Clown shooter rod at first, but he's starting to grow on me.

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Damn. What a slap in the face.

Since playfields are identical it would make sense to run standard premiums with the 40'th so maybe it will be one big run so there are all built in December.

I'm assuming though that they will all probably have the insider connected hardware added so price will be higher for that.

I was hoping they would have had the new apron art to fit the insider connected stuff to show off at the show but I guess it wasn't ready yet. Maybe they will show something during the Stern seminar.

3 weeks later
#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that no code changes are listed but I’m a bit disappointed.

Me too. I was hoping they had a few more additions that were previously finished and were just waiting for the IC connected stuff to release with it.

1 week later
#10207 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did it come out in 2021?

Yes, my first ones shipped out in Feb this year.

For those not familiar with the mod, it's video screen (or two) that fits in the apron. The screen
(or screens) play all 26 movie trailers from the films featured in the 201-2011 season of Elvira's Movie Macabre that were available for Stern to use in the Elviras House of Horrors pinball machine.

Speaking of which, the original screen I've used for the mod so far is currently out of stock everywhere and the manufacturer of it doesnt expect them to be back in stock until spring or even later due to chip shortages.

So I've been looking for a replacement that fits the space and finally found one that still fits in the area and is in stock. The new version2 screen is a little bigger than the previous one (2.4" vs 1.7"), higher resolution (320x240 vs 160x128), and aspect ratio is a little wider (1.33 vs 1.25).

The new screen is still backlit in the upper corner behind the eyeball so when the apron GI lights flicker for the lightning effects you can still see it via the eyeball. However due to the size of the new screen and where its mounted, the other corner of the screen with the text is no longer backlit like it was with the original smaller screen.

The cost with the new screen is the same as before, $320 for a dual screen setup and $175 for a single screen. USPS priority shipping in continental US is $15 and international shipping is available and varies depending on country. I have red swirls background art for Premiums and bluish/purple for LE/SLE/40'th anniversay versions.

I have a small number in stock ready to go right now on a first come first serve basis. In a few weeks I'll have more in stock and will put them in my pinside shop. If you are interested please PM me for details.

big screen left (resized).jpgbig screen left (resized).jpgbig screen right (resized).jpgbig screen right (resized).jpgbig screen double (resized).jpgbig screen double (resized).jpg

#10225 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Question, I thought that the 1.02 code was supposed to make the Christmas modes available in the regular rotation during December (without the skeleton keys). Any ideas on how to get to them?

From the Readme notes

rps20211206_133546 (resized).jpgrps20211206_133546 (resized).jpg
#10235 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Wish I could get a call like that about my Premium I've had on order since May.

I was really hoping Stern was going to build the premiums along side the 40'th. But it appears that they are neglecting the large amount of premium backorders and use the parts they have to build the 40'th version exclusively. Very disappointing behaviour on Sterns part if that how it ends up playing out.

1 week later
#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

$25 item that sells for $1000, of course they are lol

Definitely overpriced saying it's only $25 worth of stuff is just crazy talk.

#10328 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea yea sorry, like I said there is value beyond the BOM. I would pay $250 for it

The node board in there is one of the more complex ones and sells for $335. I think it's the same node board they use on the home pin games and can drive 4 coils, 16 switches, 16 LED's and a GI circuit. So then add in the cost of the 3 custom sculpts, custom sheet metal, the coil mech, backlit art, etc.

Since the number of toppers they make is even less than the games themselves I'm guessing the custom stuff is what drives the cost the most.

I have a tougher time with the toppers that offer zero interactivity. For example the Batman66 villains topper was $400 and just a backlit plastic that was on all the time. No interactivity whatsoever ever.

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have the same problem but with the gargoyle on the right side. I try to hold the gargoyle to the right and tighten the screw underneath it. Works for a while but the problem always returns, typically when I am having a rare good game lol. Interested in hearing if there is a better fix

The center ramp flap hitting the right gargoyle was typically due to the ramp not being aligned correctly. A lot of the initial productions games were missing a nylon washer on the ramp assembly that allowed it to move out of alignment. Not sure if that could also cause it to have isssues with the left side or not.

Here is the procedure to add the nylon washer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/24#post-5343108

#10386 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Installed my mods from docquest, completely bad ass! I just wish I could sacrifice the left window so I could have the displays on both sides. The directions for install super detailed and very professional. You’ve got some skills buddy cheers!!

Thanks for nice words! I finally got pics and vids showing the new bigger screen in my pinside shop. Double and single screen versions of the mod are in stock and ready to ship. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

I also added a new variation for 40'th anniversary owners. The background swirls are purplish with a cheetah print pattern and have a backlit Elvira's 40'th logo in the corner.

As a special new years holiday bonus, all orders placed midnight EST this Friday will also include my back door sign mod for free!

big left 40th (resized).jpgbig left 40th (resized).jpg20211029_160839 (resized).jpg20211029_160839 (resized).jpg20211029_160845 (resized).jpg20211029_160845 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Elvira was in the news over the weekend. Apparently she lost 11k+ social media followers because of something she said... I wonder if this might affect the price of her multiple pinball machines. Just heard about this on the radio and couldn't find any comment on pinside.

Lost 11K but at the same time gained 60K new followers.

1 week later
#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Will this work with the new EHOH insider connected apron?

Yes, trailer video mod can be installed on left side, right side, or both sides.

Pinsider Gotfrogs sells the QR scanner door bezel if you want to move your QR scanner to the coin door and put the video mod in its place in the apron.

#10551 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So what are the ways to get more than a 3 ball multiball going?

Gappa is 6 if you don't choke.

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only way to counteract that is don't buy from flippers.

It's all about supply and demand. If demand is higher than supply, there will always be flippers and there will always be people willing to pay more to get one.

The better way to reduce the amount of flipping is for Stern to just make more to meet the obvious demand.

3 weeks later
#10733 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Its strange that Stern wouldn't put the upgraded EHOH specific apron in a $25K machine... Also interesting that they decided to put it on the left side of the apron when all of the other machines have it on the right side.

My guess is that the SLE and LE models have a signature plastic that is signed by the design team that Stern didnt want user to have to remove. The SLE and LE also have an autograph card on the apron below so that apron doesnt have the corner cut outs to hold an instruction card there. If they put the QR scanner on the right side then LE/SLE owners would lose their signature plastic and they also wouldn't have a spot to put the QR scanner instruction card below it.

For EHOH premium owners who dont have a signature plastic to lose you should be able to just use the same premium IC upgrade kit as other machines (DP, IM, JP, AIQ, etc) that mounts on the right side replacing the artwork plastic that's there now. EHOH Premium aprons alos have the corner cut outs to hold the QR instruction card below the scanner. That's why I think they decided to put the QR scanner on the left side for EHOH.

I think the reason we don't have a kit yet is that Stern needs to make additional QR scanners and related left hand version of artwork (would look exactly what they used for the 40th) that mounts on the left side. There shouldn't need to be a new apron for EHOH.

I also agree that it was cheap for Stern not to create a full artwork apron wrap for the 40th owners similar to what they did on Rush, Godzilla, and Batman. It's the most expensive and least like to go on location Stern game and the laziest IC apron art from the factory.
rps20220218_161608 (resized).jpgrps20220218_161608 (resized).jpg
rps20220218_160125 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160125 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160235 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160235 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160813 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160813 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160832 (resized).jpgrps20220218_160832 (resized).jpg

rps20220218_161608 (resized).jpgrps20220218_161608 (resized).jpg

#10739 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

The apron for my 40th looks like this - I am very glad they included IC, I am totally addicted to it. [quoted image]

I agree the IC stuff is very cool. But if you compare the apron art on EHOH 40th to the other games that shipped with IC from the factory its a bit lazy.

1 week later
#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Just curious..... how does everyone like their pin blades on HOH?
Seems like there's a few options out there, was thinking about maybe getting the Stern ones, but I'm not sure..... there's some other really nice art blades out there beside theirs.
Mirror blades are so pretty and add movement. I'm a little torn.
What did you get and are you happy with it? If you swapped around, what did you land on?

I like the Stern ones. Since it has Greg's art, its just like an extension of the playfield and fits the game style perfectly.

Still a good deal for less than $100 compared most other official Stern accessories that went up in price.

#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

In the event that I'm actually able to get my EHOH on the next build, I'll be putting in an order for this, should it still be available.

As long as people are interested I'll keep building them.

Its crazy to hear how long some people have been waiting for their games. It's a shame Stern couldn't have also produced all the backordered premiums when they did the 40th versions.

2 weeks later
#10832 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have been collecting mods for quite a while and was going through my box of goodies and found this, I can’t remember what it’s for where it goes...
[quoted image]

That's a left ramp spacer. If your exit of left ramp is lower than the trunk lid then you'll get air balls. This spacer raises end of left ramp to be same or a little higher than the trunk lid. Pinballlife sells them for $1.95.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0158-00

instructions-1 (resized).jpginstructions-1 (resized).jpg
#10837 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Just joined the club. Can someone tell me what the action button does for this game. I know the obvious ones like shooting from the VUK and stopping the wheel but there's another "press" that gives you a jackpot value or something? What's the strategy on this?
Thanks in advance.

If you collected the ray gun from the trunk you can shoot it via the action button and it will collect one of the lit shots you need to make in what ever mode you are in.

2 weeks later
#10925 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does insider connected work with Elvira premium? Any issues with install on the apron?

Yes.

No.

1 week later
#10989 2 years ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

here's pictures of my Elivra House Of Horrors Signature Edition
I'd like to add some mods any suggestions

I've had good feedback regarding my Elvira House of Horrors apron mod. It plays trailers from all 26 films from the season of Elviras Movie Macabre the pin is based on.

Also have a neon like add on lighting effect for the super secret back door sign.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/05012-elvira-back-door-sign-mod

3 weeks later
#11056 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Installed the Docquest video display mod in my right apron today. Great mod, and wasn’t hard to install either. Just be sure to order a splitter from Doug at Speakerlightkits.com if you have another mod plugged into the 12v in the backbox. Awesome mod by Docquest!
[quoted image]

Nice pic! It's hard to get a good pic of the video when it's playing. I might have to steal it for my pindide shop.

#11059 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Feel free! I was surprised how clearly the vids show in the pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great. I guess I need a better camera on my phone.

1 month later
#11206 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So Cassandra Peterson is gonna be in the new Munsters movie from Rob Zombie. I think she's playing Lily.

No Rob Zombies wife is playing Lily. I think Casandra is playing a real estate agent.

rps20220614_193017 (resized).jpgrps20220614_193017 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#11335 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not a standard node board like 8, or 9. I think this is a long hard road.

Elvira topper has a 520-6998-72B node board which allows control of 4 coils, 12 switches, 15 led's, and a GI string. PB life has them for $250.

#11347 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All the ones I’ve seen (and what I did myself) are 3D printed. Looks pretty damn good, IMO. But the apron probably looks worse with the big hole in it. However, I have a plan…[quoted image][quoted image]

Here is my idea to fill the apron hole ehen you move QR to the coin door.

It cycles through all 15 Godzilla Showa era movie posters. Trailers would have been cool but the aspect ratio of the hole works better for posters rather than widescreen trailers.

Might add a magnetic label to go around the hole to change the text that's there.

2 weeks later
#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Any extra modes could easily just be put into the window that requires a key. There is already three haunts in there, why not add more?

Because they would need to devote time and resources to finish coding it, testing it, documenting it, and distributing it. Those same resources that could be put on other games in the development.

From a purely business aspect the game is probably alrrady backordered for more units than the will will produce for its last run later this year. If thats the case, there wpuld be no business reason for them to do anything more than just produce what already exists with no changes.

I'd love to see more Elvira code but just don't see it happening unfortunately.

1 week later
#11460 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Used, obviously. I think I paid just barely 9 for my LE, picked it up myself.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait, what? Now I feel like I need to go check what I paid ..

$7200 was typical when they first came out.

#11474 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

By the time people started to find out how awesome a game it was, getting one was tough with limited supply.

Similar to Batman66, EHOH launched with pretty basic code. When I played it at expo in 2019 it didn't wow me since it was lacking a lot of the cool code features that makes it so much fun now. Once the code started coming along by spring of 2020 and Jack Danger started streaming it frequently, then people realized how fun it was. Jack should get a lot of credit for putting EHOH on people's radar.

1 month later
#11673 1 year ago

These seem to be pretty rare in my area. I have 4 Targets within 1/2 hour of me and only one store had any. l saw a lot of the similar TMNT gift boxes so maybe there will be more Elviras out there over time.

The UPC code for it is 634482560693, the Target DPCI number is 323-07-8943. I still don't see these show up on the Target website when searching with those numbers.

They also seem to be putting these is a different area than the usual Neca,Funko, etc pop culture collectibles area. If you go to one of the price checker terminal in your local Target and search on "neca" you should see a pic of the Turtles box in the results that will list the aisle number to find it. If your store has it, it would probably be in that same aisle.

Here is an unboxing video that shows what's inside the box so can decide it its worth $50 or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,855 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
322 posts in this topic match your search for posts by docquest. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.