IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chewiec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11742 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you get the new Elvira House of Horrors Neca box, the exclusive Elvira figure fits perfectly in the back right corner. [quoted image]

Did you use double sided tape or did you use a specific mounting screw to put it back there? Looks great!

#11791 1 year ago

I purchased the one from Todd from the video. I happened to catch this stream and emailed him about it asap and tell him I’m interested. Very smooth process with Todd.

Like most looking for this game, I have been waiting for over a year and change and given that the price will probably be more I jumped on it. Got the topper a few months ago so I’ve been committed to getting this game. Excited to be a part of the club and now to go through and see what needs to be dialed in when it arrives.

#11796 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

So you’re the dirty…. . He told me somebody already emailed…And I sent the message before the video was over!! (I may have not started it exactly live come to think of it)
Congrats! I’ve been on 2 lists for 18 months… probably moving on to Bond…which is fine.
Enjoy the game!
Matt

Thanks Matt! I hear you! Pure luck that I happened to jump when it went live. The next morning when we were finalizing the deal he had two or three calls inquire about it and said he got a ton of inquires. Hopefully Stern finally gets around to a large run of Elvira’s someday. I finally get to blow the dust off the mods and toppers I have for this game.

#11805 1 year ago

Also worth checking out the end caps in the toy department. That is where I found the Elvira And TMNT boxes.

1 month later
#12045 1 year ago

Hello everyone. I have an issue with ball coming out of the front door when starting a haunt (or finishing). I did what was in Post #2375 and realigned the post so it doesn't rub on the tube on the back. It is better than it was before but it still happens intermittingly. Is it the opto that is attached behind the tube that pulls the post up in the back or is the opto on the side or under the house near the ramp? Thanks!

1 month later
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was watching some of the gameplay like DeadFlip. Just curious if you have to finish all the shots on a mode because some modes looked like 14+ shots. Or is there a halfway point and the extra shots just keep building up the points but are not necessary to complete.

The "Manster" mode is brutally long. Many shots are open but you need to make, what seems to be 30 shots. Huge accomplishment when you complete that mode. I always save it for last if possible as the others aren't near as difficult (to me). The order I try to beat them in are Teenagers from Outer Space, Night of the Living Dead, Brain that Wouldn't Die, Werewolf of Washington, Manos and then Manster. The secret room I might fit in after Brain or before but depends on when I get the skeleton key per the trunk.

1 month later
#12963 1 year ago

Anyone else get a beaten up ramp in front of the house? During a multi-ball when the ramp lifts to release a ball from the cellar, sometimes the metal guarding the ramp takes a beating. Has anyone had to replace the metal riveted front of the entrance to the house? Have a feeling that will need to be done at some point.

1 week later
#13306 1 year ago

When you first start you either need a back door shot or your first shot through the door will start the first haunt. Each window in the house represents a particular haunt.

For the shots coming back out of the house. I had the same issue and put a piece of Velcro in the tubing behind the house to slow it down and prevent it from coming back before the post is down. Scorpius has a picture of it on post #8731

4 weeks later
#14252 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just noticed score was going bonkers while LCD kept looping a scene of martini drinking. Is that linked to anything?

Those play when you make a shot on either of the two ramps. Sounds like the optos are out of alignment on one of the ramps or both. I’d check the switch test first.

1 month later
#14956 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Are the secret haunts worth more points or just more of the same? And again these aren't random? 5 times now I've gotten the secret haunt, always Santa Conquers the Martians. Never seen the other 2 secret haunts.

Your dates aren't set to December are they? During the month of December it becomes the primary secret haunt.

4 months later
#15729 7 months ago

During the second phase of Brain that wouldn’t t die, is it supposed to repeat the same scene of the the doctor being grabbed and screaming? Kind of funny but wondering if it has always been that way.

#15731 7 months ago

That's a shame. Hopefully someday it could be fixed but agree it's a long shot. It would be nice if there was something special if you sell the house. It is quite anti-climatic in it's current form. Even just a quick video of her congratulating you selling the house. Regardless, one of my favorite games!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15734 7 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Hi there
I have the crazy happy hour scoring bug.
It seems to be an issue with the right ramp opto. I'm pretty sure it has already been addressed here, but it's not in the key posts and i have not been able to locate it.
Someone remember the fix?
thanks

I loosened the screws a little on the bracket that the optos are connected to on the right ramp and it solved my issues. Some people drilled bigger holes in the side of the ramp to give it more clearance but I’m not that brave. Just loosen the screws and check in the switch test to see if it rapidly opens and closes and adjust as needed. I used a ball and really shot it up the right ramp with my hand to still see if it randomly fired.

3 weeks later
#15874 6 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That achievement was cool. I'm gonna have to start practicing for the Christmas one, I think I've only seen that Santa mode once or twice. I didn't even realize (or bother) choosing modes previously as I'm almost always going for completion. Time to read the rules!

Don’t worry. All December it becomes the primary haunt in the secret room. You will get plenty of practice on it.

2 weeks later
#16143 5 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I need someone to talk me off the ledge... I am so close to buying the BRK edition. UGH!

Arg the mode I find the hardest lol

Manster is the one that kicks me in the stones. So many shots!!

#16169 5 months ago

So unless it's undocumented, they didn't fix the problem where TBTWD just keep replaying the same clip over and over for most of it's last shots and never advances beyond the monster door attack

I was looking for this as well. Hopefully it falls under this category:

- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

Also doesn't mentioned the Eegah mode. Will it be a separate code update?

#16192 5 months ago

Great update!

Can still confirm that the Death scene in Brain that wouldn’t die is still incorrect.

Haven’t gotten to Pew Pew Pew mode but the gargoyles are a really nice touch.

#16288 5 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I might have also suggested making "Sell the House" a little more interesting.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

One of the biggest gaps from Lyman's passing. Here's to hoping he sketched that out a bit. But seriously, what MORE could you even add to this game?!

I would take a video clip or even something animated if you sell it or even if you don't. Now, it just ends after you hit the market value shot. Compared to Gappa it is extremely anti-climatic.

1 week later
#16514 5 months ago

So I guess the only movie not represented currently is "The Wasp Woman"? Perhaps when the next LE version of EHOH comes out? Personally I would like some additions to the Wild Market Value Mode. Even a better ending sequence would be great. Right now it is quite anticlimactic.

2 weeks later
#16819 4 months ago

During normal gameplay when I get a sneaky lock to go into the trunk, it kicks it back out instead of counting the lock. Is it an switch or opto issue? If I open the trunk the normal way and hit the left ramp then the trunk works as normal.

2 weeks later
#17070 4 months ago

Man, I really love the new Eegah mode. Shame it’s a pain in the ass to get the keys for it. Hopefully a random option for the secret haunt can be added one day as I would like to play it more often.

2 months later
#17910 41 days ago

I really hope at some point there is an update to Wild Market Value for completing it. Even if the flippers die and you get a congratulations from Elvira. It is so anti-climactic considering the greatness of Gappa Angry. Regardless I love this game! Always puts a smile on my face.

3 weeks later
#18015 17 days ago

Is the skull that shows when a haunt is available a flasher and where is it located?

1 week later
#18072 6 days ago

If I hit the sneaky trunk lock in play - instead of giving me a lock, it just kicks it back out. Could it be because the first switch (switch 28) in the truck is not getting hit or needs to be adjusted? It locks both balls when they are shot via the left ramp.

#18118 4 hours ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What's your favorite haunt and why?
I think I like "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" the most because it has some pretty great scenes and dialogue. I believe it also has the most shots out of all the haunts, especially during the second chapter. Lyman purposely made this one really long, so enjoy it! (Yes, the video assets have an issue, but that will be fixed).
Dr: "Do I look like a maniac that goes around killing people?"
Elvira: "Yes you do!"
Rob

I think Manster has the most shots. That haunt feels like it never ends. TBTWD is a fantastic haunt. Eegah is great to and a shame it is so hard to get to. I wish they would have made it the 1 or 2 key secret haunt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chewiec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.