IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3252 3 years ago

Thinking of joining the club. Love Elvira and my Scared Stiff pin.

Quick question: I haven't watched any game streams since early on (early code). One thing I felt was missing were more call outs from Elvira (I love all the double entendre in the Sacred Stiff call outs). Is there more of this in newer code?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3560 3 years ago

New to the club as of a few days ago - HUO Premium with a build date of November 2019. The game I bought was stock except for replaced coil stops. Really enjoying the game so far, and excited to own a new Lyman game (code already seems great, and will only get better!). Loved getting a code update a couple days after owning it

Several comments/questions:

1. What is the consensus on adjusting the left orbit rail? When a ball comes off the rail mine goes into the left sling instead of to the left flipper. I guess you have to remove the ramp and plastic to get to the screw holding the rail (anyone put together a guide on making this adjustment?).
2. I looked behind the house, and I appear to have the updated metal guides, but I still find it very difficult to hit the skill shot (if I get it behind the house it almost always goes to the left orbit). Perhaps I just don't have the shot down yet, but does anyone else have this issue?
3. Just a note- my VUK seems to have the problem with misalignment. I've cranked the coil power up pretty high. I would say 75% of the time it hits the targets, but many times it is weak and drains down the left outlane. Has Stern issued an official fix for this? Anyone put together a guide or video for the fix?
4. Thinking of buying a shaker. Worth it? Is the PinballLife version good? I haven't owned a Stern machine in quite some time, and don't know much about the different shakers.

Anxious to play more and get more familiar with the rules!

Thanks everyone!

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Welcome to the club! First and foremost check out the beginning of the thread for key posts. Many (almost all) questions have been answered. To save you some time hit up youtube and search for Hurry Up Pinball Elvira. He has some fantastic well explained videos, one of which explains the left orbit fix, and what may help your vuk.
Regarding shaker motor, I think so, hell yeah. I personally have the pinball life version and love it. That said, I dont know what I am missing because I dont own a stern one.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that Hurry Up pinball video. Much appreciated.

2 weeks later
#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I just wanted to thank the Forum for the instructions on adjusting the VUK. I did what has been published through the Forum based on Stern's instructions and my VUK fires 100% on target.
Thank you all.

Thanks for the update on this. My VUK has been pretty terrible. I will probably tackle this project this weekend.

1 month later
#4571 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my banner hung...tried attaching my elvira couch toy above the right ramp with quake hold, but it's not doing a very good job...is there something you guys recommend that won't damage the toy or the plastic above the ramp?
[quoted image]

Very well hung...Elvira would be pleased.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I'm a first time pin owner and changing coil stops was simple. (Had to do it with less than 100 games on the machine) I followed a video posted by hurryuppinball and he shows it step by step. It's in this topic somewhere, just not sure where.

It appears the link is no longer good in the original post. Here is a new link for the Hurry Up Pinball video:

3 weeks later
#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

INSANE update! I can't say enough good stuff about this machine. Every time I play, I learn something new and see different things happen. Super fun! If I had to wish for something, it would be to get another chance at Gappa Angry if I lose the ball before getting the first lock. Damn that's frustrating! lol

That would be a cool option to have in the settings. Reminds me of being able to restart the Stiff O Meter in Scared Stiff if you don't hit the first shot and drain.

2 months later
#6214 3 years ago

I am a big Elvira fan (Scared Stiff is my second pin I ever bought, and bolted to the floor). I bought this game as a fan of Elvira, but based on the fan layout and what I had seen of it at the time, I thought it would be one of those games which I kept for 6-12 months then rotated out of my collection (I only have room for 6 pins, 3 of which are long term keepers, so I always struggle to decide what gets sold to keep things fresh). Well, it has been about 6 months now that I have owned it and I have totally fallen in love with it. Such a fun and well coded game. I still think the callouts in Scared Stiff are better (funnier, more double entendre), but this game oozes charm and camp and is just a blast. It's a little easier to shoot, which is refreshing after getting punished by Rick and Morty (which is also amazing). I can't see it leaving anywhere in the near future, and I am so happy I picked one up before the supply dried up (I hope Stern cranks out a lot more of these so others can enjoy it!!). Now I just need to figure out where to put more pins, because I am reaching a point where I don't want to let anything go! On this Christmas Eve, I feel very lucky and blessed to have first world problems like this.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

2 weeks later
#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Here's another pic of the original ramp vs the current one.[quoted image]

Interesting. Looks like the left ramp had a diverter that sent it around the back of the house to the right inlane. The other path with the dip reminds me of White Water. Would have been cool, but still great as is.

1 week later
#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking for someone who would like a free set of these cards in exchange for a few pictures of them installed in your machine. First person to respond publicly to this thread gets them. (PMs become a mess, because only I can see if someone asked for the set).
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I'm interested

Edit...too late

3 months later
#7964 2 years ago

Leaving the club in a couple days. Moving on to a JP Premium. I am excited about JP, but I am already having some regrets lol. Such is the life of a small collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=brucipher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.