IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider broman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6054 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

I got to the Santa mode once last night and I think it was unchanged, but I drained within 30 seconds and I wonder if you have to complete it to see what they added. I have only had the game for a week and have only seen the Santa haunt a couple other times so I will try again today and see if I can complete it. Curious if others have found a change.

Got to the Santa mode twice tonight and completed both times. I'll be honest, the first time I didn't know what to expect because I previously got it so infrequently as I never really tried for specific modes. The second time I tried to watch for something special but didn't really notice anything.

Perhaps its in the video and I was too busy playing to see? Tomorrow I'll have my wife watch and listen when I get into the modem to try to pick up on something. I guess I was expecting something more apparently special.

#6087 3 years ago

Was excited to try the 3M on the VUK. Unfortunately, this did not work for me. Tried moving the tape around a few different spots but still only hits the targets about 25% of the time. Lowering the power center from anything but max only made it worse.

Slow motion shows the ball hitting the top of the chute on the way out.

#6129 3 years ago

Please help.

Once in a while I've had problems with balls getting stuck in the cellar. In the past, I could go into the cellar coil test, fire the coil and the ball would shoot out and then the game would play normally again.

Now, anytime a ball goes into the cellar lock and should get shot back out the game does not seem to realize the ball is there. I can still eject the ball with the cellar coil test.

Is this a switch that's suppose to tell the game there is a ball in the cellar?

I'm a terrible pinball mechanic so thanks for the any help on direction.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Your opto may be misaligned. Check my posts in this thread for my issue and how I fixed it.
Basically, the opto tells the game if there’s a ball in the cellar. If the opto is misaligned, the game doesn’t know a ball is present. The ball search will clear it.
I drilled a slightly wider hole in the back subway and that fixed it. The stock opto hole is super small.

Does getting to the cellar opto require removing the house?

#6147 3 years ago

Can somebody tell me how to get to the left orbit opto sensor? I dont even really see it but according to the manual it looks like there should be one by the rollover.

My left orbit doesn't register maybe 15% of the time, is that likely just a dirty opto? Thanks.

1 week later
#6173 3 years ago

Anybody know of a guide for removing the house?

My house ramp opto seems to collect shots sometimes when it shouldn't be and I think the house needs to removed to get to it.

1 week later
#6225 3 years ago

Can also confirm, different intro and a special little surprise video when you finish the mode. Nothing crazy but worth going and playing today! Also, you do not automatically get the Santa mode on the first try. Took me 3 keys.

4 weeks later
#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Reluctantly thinking of selling my EHOH Premium. Pretty much out of the hobby and this is one of the last men standing. If there is any interest let me know. I will work on getting a listing up later this week and will pay the proper fees to pinside. Has a bunch of MODs including the amazing Medisinyl MODs. I will get a list of the MODs soon. It plays great except I need to do one last VUK fix to get that dialed in. No other issues, and has the updated house/backdoor fix installed from the factory. Very low plays. I will get more details soon. If anyone is interested message me. I am in Eastern PA. Thinking about the price and have to add up all the MODs to decide. Won't give it away but will be realistic.

I'm sure you will have no shortest of interest reading the last few pages of this thread.

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Got the lenticular apron cards on my Elvira... They are really nice. They look better in person. I love the gargoyle hidden in the text. I’ll be ordering these for my Stern LEs
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Orderee mine as soon as I saw them pop up in this thread. Should be arriving any time.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.
Would people be interested in this mod?

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New plastics with built in display:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks awesome. I'd be interested.

#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Hi guys, I received my NIB Elvira last weekend!!! So lucky to get one and happy with it. One of the best games I’ve ever played/owned.
Just got a couple of questions. Has anyone had trouble when the house is “open” ready to start a mode when you shoot it the ball hits something and does not stay in there (rolling straight back out/down the Middle) just as the mode starts? It is very random and maybe does it 30% of the time. So frustrating. Also the back door skill shot is impossible on this machine where as the one I played on site before mine I could make quite easily? Craig form Harry up pinball did mention something about the bracket might be the wrong/old one? Thought there might be something I could adjust ? Thanks for your thoughts.

I have the same problem with the ball occasionally coming straight back down the middle, maybe 20% of the time. This is not an issue I always had, but something that recently developed.

There is a sticky post on this thread that shows the fix for ball not locking, but I don't think its related to the fix for ball coming straight down the middle.

Hoping somebody posts an answer for us. I believe there is a gate in the back that opens when the house modes are lit to lock the ball. My thought is it must have to do with that gate opening all the way.

#6845 3 years ago

Has anyone tried this ball from cointaker for funsies? Wondering how it was.
Screenshot_20210203-111530_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210203-111530_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6991 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Thanks. I played around a little more with it and I think this will be the final design. I will add this to my Pinside shop today sometime. $10 shipped should cover it. I will also add it to my Blood dripping plastics for a additional $5.
As far as the Text goes I will stick with "Elvira". Maybe I will add a option for custom text down the road.
Thanks again guys![quoted image]

I'm interested!

#7046 3 years ago

Got my grave marker today too, adds a nice touch. Thanks silverball designs!

20210218_165211 (resized).jpg20210218_165211 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Elvira Apron OLED display update.
Had some furnace problem that distracted me from the mod progress but I'm back on track again. Here is the final artwork I'm going with, the text on both versions is identical. For premium users I use the red background with a green around the screens and a green eyeball to match what was there originally. For LE And SLE users I have the blue background with a grayish eyeball.
[quoted image]
Spent most of the weekend making lots of harnesses and testing them out.

If you already sent me a PM expressing your interest there is no need to send me another one. I have a list and I'm going through it it in the order the requests came in.

Yay! Excited for my turn! This looks so nice.

1 week later
#7289 3 years ago

Favorite mod for EHOH so far! Looks fantastic and easy to install.

20210305_203514 (resized).jpg20210305_203514 (resized).jpg
#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Installed tonight. Wow, such a good mod. Wife likes it so much she wants one for the right side too. Thanks Brian!
[quoted image]

I regret not getting the right side now too!

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I've had my LE since its release and finally completed Gappa Angry for the first time. What a rush this game is, so thankful to have got one. For those who haven't completed Gappa Angry yet, keep plunging and when you do....you'll been on such a high!

I consider myself a pretty decent pinball player and in the 8 months I've had the game I've only completed grappa twice. I absolutely LOVE the challenge this mode introduces to the game. It surely gives even advanced player a goal to shoot for.

#7340 3 years ago

Welp, my trunk lid is binding on the right plastic again and first of all not closing right and secondly chewing the crap out of the right plastic.

Do you guys keep having to take apart the trunk lid every couple hundred plays too?

And is it possible to order replacement plastics for the trunk even?

#7410 3 years ago

Im having an interesting little issue with my left most gargoyle target that has me scratching my head.

It works, and glass off I can touch it or throw the ball at it and it triggers normally. However with the flipper (a little more force) anytime you hit it good it wont register. Everything visually looks and also feels the same as the other gargoyle targets.

Any suggestion is to what to look at for this issue?

Thanks.

#7474 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So the consensus is we are safe to upgrade to the latest code?

I've had no noticeably troubling issues since the code update have had a few good games. I'd say you should be free to go ahead.

#7584 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No it is not the stern topper. I took some 3d printed gargoyels and creepy hands from thingiverse. Added leds and all working on 5v. Just a fun project and not even close to 1k. Still thinking about doing more, looking at the lighting effect triggered by the shaker. Want to add motion to the small spider.

If you started selling them you'd have my business. I don't have the right tools to make something like that myself. Looks awesome.

#7611 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

At what point did you connect your UV pinstadiums wires to so it interacts with shaker?

If when you order it you tell him it's for EHOH he should send the adapter to plug it in right where the shaker motor plugs into the board. If you don't or don't have the adapter you can use wire taps which is what I had to do. Some of these should also have come with the pinstadiums. Here is the photos pinstadium provided me when I asked the same question.

IMG_3086 (resized).jpgIMG_3086 (resized).jpgIMG_7589 (resized).jpgIMG_7589 (resized).jpg
#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Awesome thank you, yep like you I don’t have the ehoh adapter so judging from your photos I’m seeing it on pin 1 and the other on pin 5 if I’m correct. I don’t think polarity matters for the pinstadium connection leads.

correct I dont believe the polarity should matter and those pins are correct. It was a bit tricky to get the plug back on with the wire tapped in there but I was able to get it with a little force. Eventually I will get the adapter though.

1 month later
#7976 2 years ago

After much thought and debate I am most likely leaving the club this weekend.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this group that has helped me throughout my ownership of this game, and to all the creative geniuses who have created the mods that took this game to the next level.

Special thanks to Completist and @Docquest.

Hope to rejoin the club again someday.

20210424_165538 (resized).jpg20210424_165538 (resized).jpg
#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just curious- if you hope to rejoin some day, why leave now? You’ll probably be hard pressed to get a game in better condition than yours is now.

At this point in my life to get something else I have to give something up and I don't have many optiona. Elvira has kept me happy but small collection means lots of playtime and its time to move on and hope that someday I'll be able to expand my collection and bring her back.

#8017 2 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Joined the club!!! Thanks broman90.
[quoted image]

Your welcome, hope you enjoy it like I did.

#8074 2 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

I can never make the backdoor shot off the plunge? Can do it during game when the ball goes around the left orbit but never from the right. Is this normal?

I could occasionally make it off plunge but did not normally shoot for it. There is an adjustment listed somewhere to make the shot easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

18,500 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
11,855 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider broman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=broman90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.