IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bloodydrake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2867 3 years ago

Just picked up HOH Premium this afternoon from Player1 Curbside.Its the first pin I've ever owned,but wanted one for very long time. Got it all setup and played couple game..really awesome so far. Just gonna go thru the software update now. I just love fun campy 80's horror. Social distancing boredom has now been solved

#2881 3 years ago

So I got table home friday night, we got everything setup and yesterday have found one issue with the gargoil switches out front the crypt.
basically the switches aren't activating (tested led's worked fine) if i go into switch test mode and i manually move them it will trigger by pulling the switch forward,,but balls or fingers pushing the metal kinetic switch that launches gargoils up seems to be to far out to make proper contact.
I recorded a video

Does anyone have any advice how to approach this kind of adjustment?

#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:Looking at your video, I think your switches need adjustment. When you go into switch test mode and look at the switch matrix, are those switches showing up as being active? They shouldn’t.
You need to bend the switch contact back so that when you hit the gargoyle it then contacts the switch. Look at how the ones are set for the other two by the crypt for comparison.

ok gotcha i'll work on that

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Your switches are too tight they are made all the time. They need to be open and the switch closed by contact. Either do it under the playfield or take a screw driver and gently push on the back contact of the leaf switch a few times till your desired gap for sensitivity

thankyou!

#2946 3 years ago

so I got the Gargoils leaf switches adjusted and really been enjoying the game the last few days.
I did notice the finish is all cracked off the playfield in the ball launch area..basically where the game ejects it to the plunger. Should be worried? Or is that just considered normal wear(first time pinball table owner).
I'll be honest after 4 days of play i wasn't expecting that LOL.

IMG_6999 (resized).JPGIMG_6999 (resized).JPG
#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

that's not normal. you should contact your distributor ASAP. it's going to completely chip off shortly and that won't be good.

Thanks I was afraid of that but I'll email them now and see what they say.
preciate the quick response.

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I’d turn down the trough eject power to 176 or so. I also add Mylar to that area before plunging the first ball on every new game I buy.

ahh ok I'm gonna try and lower the power now as far as I can while still ejecting. thx for the tip!

#2958 3 years ago

I heard back from distributor, he offered to order small bottle of touch up clear coat from Stern and suggested purchasing a shooter lane protector(another customer did that)
I lowered trough eject power to 150ish and it seems to be working.
It seems strange that the default factory settings damage the finish so quickly after 4 days.
I realize plastics crack, rubbers wear etc and my future is maintenance but this did surprise me.

On a different note. I'm finding the Beast Booster Spinner almost completely covers the Right Orbit target lamp. I just happen to be the right height and stand slightly back so its hard to notice. Anyone else have same issue? Is there Transparent Spinners that can be used to replace the default?
or does anyone have video with Mirror Blades in this Pin? I'm wondering if it would reflect the target lamp in the orbit to the side and be easier to see as well as a bonus

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody know how to light Dead return, the ball saver that activates sometimes when ball exits the outlane?

i believe someone said it lights after you kill a deadhead..

2 weeks later
#3226 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I recently joined the club and absolutely love this game. After a few hours of playing, I noticed a few things that needed to be adjusted and made a video tutorial regarding these tweaks in case anyone else was having the same issues. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted about these fixes here in the thread and I hope this helps others dial in their machine. Take Care and Stay Safe!

this is fantastic!
thankyou so much for making this.
Ive been struggling with this issue too. Basically i have it always hit the sling or the table has slight angle to right so full plunge or fast orbit doesn't make contact..but that's been less then ideal.Gonna have to work on this fix this weekend

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Is there a good solution to repair this or stop it from getting worse?
[quoted image]

I turned down the trough power to about 160 that seemed to help with stopping the damage so far.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So with current code, six haunts in six windows? Plus the secret locked haunts for Santa and Dracula?

9th is Giant Gila Monster thats part of the secret window

Only time I've gotten Dracula to show up is when I got the key first and activated secret window before any other window.
Could have just been random luck..but made me wonder if the order matters

#3308 3 years ago

ya just tried a quick game.. Locked ball in trunk and got the key as reward first window to activate was secret window and it was Satanic Rites of Dracula
thats third time.. anyone else want to see if that works for them too?

#3313 3 years ago

So I just noticed my left flipper is feeling weak..if I do a full plunge and ball sweaps around orbit and hits flipper in middle or towards end you can see the flipper deflect back about half way. a fast rebound that hits the end it seems like theres no strength to holding the flipper up..
edit: also the clack noise when you flip is only there if theres no ball on the flipper now..when theres a ball its deadened.

Should i take this question to the tech subformum or is Here ok since its this table?
I can post a quick video demonstrating what its doing if that would help(sorry fun of being a first time owner all the little quirks LOL)

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Yes. Worked for me.

Awesome
I wonder if its as simple as 3 haunts for the secret window to cover the three states.
1. No existing haunts started=Dracula
2. First haunt on left side of house started= Santa
3. First Haunt on right side of house started = Giant Gila Monster

or something to that effect.

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First thing to check is if the coil stop on your left flipper is broken. Stern’s coil stops for the last few years have been crap. I put new ones on Elvira before I played a game on it ...

ok thanks for the tip! will check that next

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First thing to check is if the coil stop on your left flipper is broken. Stern’s coil stops for the last few years have been crap. I put new ones on Elvira before I played a game on it ...

Ok I made a quick video. It looks like there is something wrong with the left flipper plate..based on some rebuild videos this shouldn't move..its like its come apart.

So this pin is about a month old.. Im guessing that will still be a warranty issue. Gonna reach out to distributer

Thanks again for the tip where to look.

#3329 3 years ago

ok awesome thanks for the feedback, looks like thats the issue. I'll ask to buy a few spares too if they have them.
Any other parts the fail quickly i should ask to buy spares for too for this table?

#3332 3 years ago

So i emailed Adam(he's who I bought it from)
I decided to take apart and see what I could do in the interim
Heres video of the part taken off. I think they have a manufacturing issue..it looks to me that the press isn't calibrated properly to mushroom the Brass end(think thats brass)

found an old punch and spare hitch to support it( i miss having a good workbench LOL) downstairs and decided to see what I could do.

after seems like it will hold temporarily at least.

Tested and it seems to do the trick..tho i have no idea if it will last.

IMG_7194 (resized).JPGIMG_7194 (resized).JPG
#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nothing like some good old yankee ingenuity from a Canadian. I like it!

Thank you kind Sir

#3340 3 years ago

is the clown from one of the Elvira hosted movies? or just in the drive-me crazy mode?

#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Joined the club today!! Never got a chance to play it. Just bought off recommendations and I am glad I did, I one more gamed it till 4am. Loving this game! Bought the last LE I could find. (the one from ebay)
[quoted image]

Grats! Its such a fun game.
That is the duo to end all duos. my number #1 and #2 pick

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Interfaced with the left and right RGB lights that illuminate the house. Carried it out to speakers, leg protectors, up and backbox lights. Maybe a bit much, but the pinball league players here are used to my excessive mods. Really simple circuit (hex inverter, resistors and FETs). PM me if you are interested in DIY. I will probably do a PCB at some point because this will work on any RGB in a Stern machine.

this looks amazing. I'd love a couple small strip rbg lights mounted to the apron facing bottom middle of playfield that used the same colors and timing as the lights for the house..i think it would look spectacular for the haunt modes if the glow of the colored lights illuminated the bottom half of the table too.

#3405 3 years ago

It might be that you need format your stick using fat32..spike system might not recognize the stick if its formated with exFat or NTFS (

#3459 3 years ago

Mirror Blades arrived from Pinball Decals!
Little tip for installing. If you put double sided tape on first and leave the nonsticky top piece on.. just lift the one end up and put a tag on with masking tape.
I used soft face clamps to hold in place then screwed in bottom 3 screws then released claps and just used needle nose pliers to grab the tag and peal off the non sticky top layer then press against walls and all done ..made for very easy install.

Heres couple pics if I didn't explain that well..and a video. Oh the right orbit lamp is very visible in the mirror for those haunts that use it like Werewolf of washington.

IMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7232 (resized).JPGIMG_7232 (resized).JPG

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I have a premium that was built in November that had the same problem. It fired every time but was not "smooth" and consistent. The playfield looks like the bracket was already re drilled at the factory, there's some extra holes under there. All I did was remove one of the screws below the subway plastic and it's been smooth as butter ever since.

umm you wouldn't have a picture of which screw that was would you? Mines a premium build Nov 2019 and it acts exactly like that too. and i'd love to fix it.

On another note: Check out this 3d printing model of Gappa! I think it small one would make a great figure in the back left or right side of the table ..or the large 10inch one painted up might look awesome as part of a custom Topper. I gotta see if anyone i know has a 3d printer.. Modmakers might like this too.
https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/gappa-triphibian-monster

gappa-triphibian-monster-3_980x500 (resized).pnggappa-triphibian-monster-3_980x500 (resized).png
#3619 3 years ago

So with latest update they've changed the color of the font to Purple and Red ,Couple had mentioned its harder to see. I wonder if its possible for them to change the border color of the font in the score box to match the two tone of the logo and leader boards.
For Premium instead of Black Border Red Text it would be Green and Red. and for LE instead of Black and Purple it would be green and purple.
I think it might make the scores more visible for the purple on purple ..

font color comparison (resized).pngfont color comparison (resized).png

#3640 3 years ago

So I dug into figuring out why my vux dribbled out or was forced to clear every other time.
Looking down the hole while watching the clearing 3 or 4 strikes, It looked to me that it was only slightly off center. Underneath side of playfield there were no drilled holes btw(Nov 2019 was manufacture date of this premium model)
With the discussions around the shape of the tip and flattening or making it convex, I suspected like a pool cue i could adjust the angle of the plunger of the vuk abit to change the english so its not hitting off center which seemed to push ball back towards the subway and the ball ends up rubbing against the wall above as it launches.

I was considering two approaches not requiring drilling.
1. You could sandwich washers under the approprate screws to change the angle of the rod slightly.
2. just bend the L bracket L angel slightly open or closed to offset angle.
Looking at mine it looked that it was just slightly offset to the south..so I just bend the l bracket and now when i test it , about 80% hit the targets,some hit the trunk secret entrance and occassionaly straight down the left outlane(I'm gonna try adjusting power to see if I can't shape hits better)

So this might be as good starting tweak to try before trying to reposition if your vux is just slightly off center.

IMG_7276 (resized).JPGIMG_7276 (resized).JPGplunger (resized).pngplunger (resized).png
#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Brilliant! Bend the bracket as you described and it’s working flawless now. 1 minute of work. I strongly suggest to try this first before you try anything different to fix the problem. Thanks for sharing bloodydrake

glad it worked for someone else!
with the code update this working reasonably consistently is way more important now

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

But that's not a Stern shaker.

does that matter?

#3713 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

To me it does.

ah sorry i should have been clearer, does it make a difference in the effects , does the stern one do more with modes vs a 3rd party is what I should have asked.

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Only if stern buys their shakers from the same supplier the makes their coil stops.

LOL ok thats funny!

my temp fix for the failed stern coil stop only lasted for a couple weeks..but it was long enough for the replacement parts to arrive

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You are out on one of the best games ever over this? That’s banana monkey crazy. My game has 1000+ plays and it’s fine. Couple dents, no big deal.

My experience is limited to bars, arcades and digital pinball versions of tables...but your right..Elvira HOH is just such a rich and FUN! game. I'm having a hard time picking a better single table you could own that's got as much going for it.

The humor and tone are lighthearted and fun,the music is fantastic and varied, the theme integration is top notch, and the rules are deep and targets and modes are so dense... sometimes the house is the focus, sometimes the crypt..sometimes collecting junk sometimes collecting multi ball modes.. the flow of that particular game kinda steers where I focus vs min/maxing a single strategy.

I'd gladly replace that ramp metal piece annually to get everything else.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, not like we will outthink what the great Lyman will do - but just for fun - what isn’t in the code that should be in by 1.0?

I believe the knife is last item from junk that needs effect added.
Super head shot and crypt cleaner needs stuff still.

#3909 3 years ago

Got a shipment from Pinballlife yesterday (besides getting a set of silicone bands in the wrong color) everything looks great.

Got the cup holder and their Revision C shaker motor installed , totally painless installs.
I've Never tried a table with one before and its awesome..its rumble effects when they match the events are really cool(like hitting crypt heads, etc), not sure how it compares to other games implementations.
The Caster cups are great really solid on the hardwood floors now.

Also this is about the best I can match the score colors to the pre-rendered texts on the main display.
overall I like it..the colors feel more harmonious (I also bought some red flipper bats and green bands I'll need to install at some point).

it looks like in the .97 code the Junk Potion item effect is adding a 50k bonus to your jackpots .. its hard to see the pop up because the Haunt reel overlaps it, I haven't had a chance to see if things like 2x or 4x increase the value but seems like a nice little scoring boost when doing multi ball.

Does anyone have any ideas what the Dagger is going to do?

IMG_7360 (resized).JPGIMG_7360 (resized).JPG
#3913 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

If you start trunk MB with the flask collected you can collect more flasks and each one increases that jackpot bonus. I had that bonus jackpot value built up to 350k extra per jackpot shot.

Thank You!Thats really cool and that makes sense why there is a number on the junk items on the LCD display!

#3914 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks to those that helped me through flashing a new SD card. I got the game going last night and finally played the .97 code. Its a huge polish on the game. If Lyman quite now I would still think this is his best game to date. Its amazing that there is still more to come! Im not a great player by any means and Im tired of reading how everyone "got gappa angry last night . . . " The outlanes on this game are pretty brutal to me. I see that have holes to adjust them inward but still, that small steel post doesnt seem like much. I decided to take them out entirely and replace them with some purple williams posts. There is still plenty of room for the ball to drain in the outlane but now when its headed that way I have a bit more of a chance to nudge it. I only played one game but hoping to get gappa angry sometime soon.
[quoted image][quoted image]

so after watching the latest deadflip stream of Elvira .97 i decided to try setting the table pitch so the stern bubble is in middle of the top line not between the two lines..which is roughly 7degrees.. Its faster and way less floaty..i find my outlanes have dropped alot since changing the pitch..just doesn't float out as much and well timed nudges seem better at getting them out of there.
Might want to try that too and how it feels. I do find multiball is abit harder tho, everything else feels smoother and abit faster

1 week later
#3981 3 years ago

Playing around with adding toys of the monsters in the movies , grabbed a lobster and gila monster..still trying to find a gappa.

Not sure .... i think the lobster needs some shading , it looks to plastic atm.
The Giant Gila monster i need to touch up paint the eyes mouth and claws, im trying to find a N scale train set hotrod car to put in front beside the red light.

Once the mausoleum and vuk gargoyle mods arrive and install em I'll have better idea how they balance out.. i was thinking Gila farther down left ramp might balance out and its not tall ..tho i'll need to fabricate an arch to support it and the car...

IMG_7396 (resized).jpgIMG_7396 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

The gila monster looks great. I think you should paint the lobster black to go with the movie. You should go all out and find a doll hat that matches Torgo’s and hang it off the realty sign.

Love the Hat Idea..i might have to see if i have a Saytre Mini I could alter to look like Torgo.

#3986 3 years ago

Yours looks great!
I really like all the personal mods people post.. I figured start slow and easy

1 week later
#4070 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The gargoyles need to be lined up pretty precisely too; I even added a tiny bit of lube so they would move properly - my game didn't move all that well either. Seriously doubt Stern would take the time to change that design

Me too I used some heavy duty silicone hinge lubricant ..just spray on paper towel abit then wipe the shafts of the gargoils and they fly up and down now when switch is hit..way better then it was

I also found all 4 loosened constantly and I had to add locknut to all 4 . The constant hitting from the left and right edge was loosing them and shifting them alot and i found the plastic switch behind them was getting a groove cut thru them from the sharp edge..definitely recommend some threadlock

1 week later
#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I really love the thunder effect with lightshow in 0.98 on ball start.
Thanks Lyman!

agreed, a good reason to set shaker on max too
I love the new croc vids for skill shots, has the same whimsical humor as the updates to WWW Multiball ending did.
and the new lightshow effects music for trailer trash is way better

#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Today is National Tequila Day. I fully intend to shoot a few games with a margarita.

that there should be a public service announcement!

#4237 3 years ago

has anyone seen the clown dead head?
I've been trying to focus on the crypt and I can get the double header no problem..but yet to see the clown.
I was wondering if no one has seen him if perhaps that character is a mini boss for the mode and used for the super headshot...which isn't in the .98 code update.(which would also add to the choice for plunger and drive me crazy)

I seem to recall 12 or 15 being the total number of deadheads..looks like this might be the full list if its 12

Edit: added missing.. looks like 14 so far then

Uncle Bolt Head
Sir Normus Cranium
Jar Head
Grampa Bone Head
Aunt Surely
Mommy Dearest
Frankie the SouthPaw
Sunny Beach Head
Double Header
Cousin Katrina
Undead Fred
Chowdah Head
Creepo the Clown
Sir Normus Cranium

#4248 3 years ago

thx! I got all three when I was playing but didn't keep at it to open again after..guess i gotta keep at it

#4249 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are all Of These in the game now ?

yep

#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is my first ever code idea, maybe others have thought this? You may think it’s stupid, but let me know.
Lyman, please allow the house shot to register during modes even if we shoot it under the staircase.

I think that the cellar and the House counting as separate shots is a plus for variety of overall shots honestly..
But that said I would agree that shots for the house to progress a haunt on a timer that the cellar should count too..or at the least count during multiball since the ramp can stay up alot during multiball.
Or even better a game feature setting that lets you toggle cellar shots counting as house shots if you want but the default being off.(I really like this for the ray gun etc).

#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so quick owner poll:
If the topper is the crypt and simply flashes leds for $600 bucks, are you in?
I just think the crypt lid should move, sprew smoke...give me change..something ...right?!
[quoted image]

that for 600 bucks ...no

i'm probably in the minority in that i don't think you need elvira herself on the topper. Wouldn't hurt but not required.
I hope that image is just the beginning of the topper..the Deadhead crypt isn't a bad start..gargoyles should jump(literally) when Gargoil mode is active. As well it needs a roof top equivalent object that spins to the correct symbol during house party modes.. its just too iconic to not have.. House Party and Attic House Party modes both spin the house top, the topper should reflect that.
Purely based on the table itself I think Gappa should be incorporated somehow into the topper..its just to significant a mode and cool Godzilla knock off to not have represented .(wishfull thinking on the last one im sure LOL)

1 week later
#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So perhaps you can help me here, I sold my Star Wars premium cause I got frustrated with it's gameplay and the unfair drains. I am just a mediocre player. Now I want to buy a new game and I am on the fence between Elvira or Jurassic Park premium.

I'm a pretty mediocre player myself and Elvira is my first pin that I've owned. Elvira has made me become very proficient with slap saves.. I find the drain sdtm happen a lot kicking out of the pop bumpers infront of the house.. As well shots like the drop target infront of garage from right flipper and the crypt from the left flipper can very often pingpong right back sdtm. Saying that tho the flow on HOH is so good that it seems to balance out. My bad games are 5million , average games are probably 20million ish.. good games 20 to 60 and exceptional games(once a week game) is 100 to 200million, I've broken 300 million 2 times..I think cuz i got lucky on house party and garage multiballs and had 4x active and wheel of fate extended the garage multiball.

Elvira has so many paths to purse i'm not sure when i'll be good enuff(if ever) and be able to complete more then 1path per game. So for longevity from depth of play its great.
Elvira is fun light hearted great licensed music (shout and jumpin jivin are perfect ) each haunt having its own theme music from disco to 50's scifi themes that just makes ya want to shimmy while your playing.. Plus the start of haunts and ball locks gives you as many breather pauses while playing as you could ever want..

Jurassic Park looks fantastic but seems more like a shooters game from what i've watched of players playing, it seems to require really tight accuracy to advance very far..not sure its the right table for players that aren't that skilled. and It was my #1 choice but I'm happy i got HOH,everyone thats played it finds it alot of fun even after the eye rolls when they see the busty backglass.

#4535 3 years ago

This might be a "DUH" moment..but I noticed after doing a full update to .99 that when i open the coin door there's no longer that warning (i think it was 48v disabled while door open? I really should have paid more attention) and the game doesn't suspend..all the lights are on until I press a button that loads the service menu.
Is this a setting I can't find or perhaps its not related but just happened to notice at the same time and Its a mechanical switch issue?

As far as the Elvira Movies for this I WISH i could find them in canada. NO one has coffin collection for sale that isn't ridiculously over priced(not paying 300 dollars for movies that are in the public domain) none of the streaming services has the 2011 series only the 80's series or the 2017 series Tubi has some of the movies but not the actual episodes hosted by Elvira

I think amazon prime US has them but not avail to Canadian customers.

#4543 3 years ago

so doing some painting of the gila monster got the base coat of eyes mouth tongue and claws done.. was thinking 15mm wwII figures might be the right scale for this.
Anyone think if i cut the base off and stick this in the Gila monsters mouth works or gonna be to small?
As well its still wet but got one coating of dark quickshade applied to the lobster.. does it still seem to red IF i do another coat when this dries it tint the red darker and make the shading more pronounced.

Anyone considering the 3" gappa figures on ebay..well I think it ended up being abit to small. 5" might be the right size.. but gonna paint it anyways see if I can't find a spot for it..Baby Gappa maybe?

gappa basecoat (resized).jpggappa basecoat (resized).jpggila (resized).jpggila (resized).jpglobster quickshade (resized).jpglobster quickshade (resized).jpg
#4629 3 years ago

Now that the final Haunt "They Came from Space" has been revealed and sticking with the Cheeseball aspects of the theme, I found this little cow abducting UFO on amazon and ordered it..
I think its gonna fit perfect in the back left beside the backdoor sign or maybe I'll be able to mount above house.

I'm not sure I'll be able to figure it out but I think I can Jerry rig up something that the ramp diverter mechanism raising should be able to be utilized to trigger a switch activation of the UFO to enable the lights and abduction magnet.

As well I got a arch Mount for the Gila Monster finished. Eyes turned out ok(painting mini's the eyes are always the hardest to get right).

Almost broke a half billion game , only finished two haunts and didn't get to Gappa angry no extra balls but second haunt was Manos and got multiball during it and kept going for ages and finished it..then I got super lucky and nailed both ramps for trailer trash..I didn't notice when playing but perhaps it has 4x playfield at just the right time.
Love this game so much...its just so good.

gila finished small2 (resized).jpggila finished small2 (resized).jpggila finished small3 (resized).jpggila finished small3 (resized).jpgtrailer trash (resized).jpgtrailer trash (resized).jpg
#4666 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

looking at adding a shaker to my premium...i know stern has qualms about 3rd party motors; is there one that's "known-good"?

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
this is one i got from pinballlife ...I love it in HOH rumble effects are great

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

What are your favorite mods? I already bought the clown shooter rod.
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Premium upgrades I would say are essentials

1. Mirror Blades , or Side art Blades
2. Shaker Motor
3. Medisinyl Mods: Gargoyle Vuk and Mausoleum

#4720 3 years ago

congrats! don't forget to get the .99 code update.. huge changes from the .85 that was preloaded on NIB

2 weeks later
#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my new toys attached, thanks to whoever recommended piano wire

spider might look better with the legs that are up being against the outside of the cabinet..that way your view angle from the flippers it will be more visible and not cover the backdoor sign.... just a thought
Love the little elivra doll fits great .

#5048 3 years ago

I gotta say i was really hoping 1.0 dropped today.. just would have been Kismet

Happy Birthday to our Mistress of the Dark!

#5107 3 years ago

finishing touches added to Medisinyl 's awesome Mod! and my little tribute to the late great Vincent Price is complete
Think it works well.. Being on the for sale sign, plus Lyman programed this, and batman 66, which has Egghead as a character in it..so a connection in good pinball tradition

#5152 3 years ago

i think we'll see the 1.0 update and official launch of sterns topper about same time , sounds like they said we can expect an update this month so soon.
I would suspect once its official we'll see 3rd party announcements shortly after.

I mean what if stern announcement is this actually a Limited Edition topper, and that this is the first tiered topper line they've releasing and the same topper without the extras is only 350.. and THAT is the actual new reveal when they officially launch it.. *shrug* we'll know soon enough

At this point I think I like the idea of just buying 4 7inch gargoyle statues and add led strip light to light them and save 800 bucks..

1 week later
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got my left ramp fixed.. I just drilled the holes slightly bigger (almost, but not quite 1/4 inch). That sounds big, but it really isn't. It's working perfect now.
Man, I love this fricken' game! Dennis designed a great shooting layout, Greg did awesome art, Jerry did wonderful audio and Lyman is awesome on code!
Rob

Your right you know,Lyman is fantastic but its the whole package they all deserve praise
Dennis really did come up with a great design, I think it was him that insisted on retro red Jackpot lights but I love them being separate from the Haunts RBG target arrowheads.
I absolutely love Gregs the style of the artwork very evocative of that 70's 80's style of doodle art that was just jammed packed with little bits you just keep finding new things in it(pic of a puzzle thats in the same style attached)feels very hand crafted and less cg.
The audio is fantastic love the theme music and the call outs are so fun, game just puts you in a good mood.

0-artwork-golf (resized).jpg0-artwork-golf (resized).jpg
#5340 3 years ago

Ordered a couple of these off of amazon 6.5 to 7inch tall.
gonna get some wood and trim and just build a knock off and add some strip colored lights doubt all in will be more then 200.

GARGOYLES (resized).jpgGARGOYLES (resized).jpg
#5381 3 years ago

gargoyles arrived.
One is little to short so gonna have to build up base another 3/4 inch but really happy with the details ..
I put a few skulls from the Halloween graveyard up there for just to see how the spacing is.. I think I could reuse them with a proper wash to shade them ..they're just 3 dollar dollarama ones that cycle color glow..

I was thinking about making the top 3 inches of the alter from the video when you enter the crypt.. small faux marble top with either 3 full size or 5 3/4size skulls and two small led candelabras behind with gargoyles beside them.
For now they're perfect to add to the palette wall Halloween decorations.
gargoyles small (resized).jpggargoyles small (resized).jpg

gargoyles small5 (resized).jpggargoyles small5 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5628 3 years ago

Love the table,theme, etc..but that said a classic monsters movie custom mods for the haunts would make for an amazing custom table.
Just looking at the original Univeral Extended universe,

Dracula
Dracula's Daughter
Son of Dracula
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Son of Frankenstein
Wolfman
Frankenstein vs the Wolfman
House of Dracula
House of Frankenstein

thats 10 movies which if you include houseparty sync's up perfectly

2 weeks later
#5856 3 years ago

honestly i found the best compromise is setting replay to award a free ball. then set replay to two levels starting at 20mil second replay is at 40mil. Then you have to disable replay boost so it sticks at 20 and 40.

Now everyone still starts with 3 balls every game but friends that come over on that one good game will break 20,000 and get a freeball and they love it,

and For me its about every 3rd game i'll break 20 and every 3rd of those i'll break 40 and about every 10th game i'll break 100.
I,m about ready to increase the starting value up to 30mil and second will be 60mil..

To me its all about how far can i progress. I want to work towards being able to reliably get to wizard modes but along the way i want little sips into them to keep my interest..plus i like longer games

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

honestly i found the best compromise is setting replay to award a free ball. then set replay to two levels starting at 20mil second replay is at 40mil. Then you have to disable replay boost so it sticks at 20 and 40.
Now everyone still starts with 3 balls every game but friends that come over on that one good game will break 20,000 and get a freeball and they love it,
and For me its about every 3rd game i'll break 20 and every 3rd of those i'll break 40 and about every 10th game i'll break 100.
I,m about ready to increase the starting value up to 30 and second will be 60..
To me its all about how far can i progress. I want to work towards being able to reliably get to wizard modes but along the way i want little sips into them to keep my interest..plus i like longer games

2 weeks later
#5976 3 years ago

I was thinking it would be great if there was a way to have the Santa Vs Martians as one of the main 6 haunts for December. Having a festive Christmas haunt that's easily started would just be, well, more Festive(and lets be honest..this year could use all the help it could get to be more cheerful)

That led me thinking it would be stellar if you could configure which haunts are "Secret Haunts" and which are assigned a window in general would be absolutely fantastic, would love to make gila monster a regular swap for Manster for example.

As well I was thinking with the HouseParty table insert now lighting up to signify next house activation triggers it..Perhaps it would be better to have the Central Window light up for the Final Haunt "THEY CAME FROM SPACE" instead since that one doesn't seem to have a window light for it.

3 weeks later
#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

House flood light synced speaker lights.

these are fantastic, this same idea would be perfect for custom topper lighting too . Id buy one in a heartbeat

1 month later
#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Just canceled my sale .this game is bolted to the floor. My most favorite game I have ever owned.i really thought I could let it go but all it took was playing it a couple more times and realizing that there isnt any other game like this out there so why get rid of it.

Just from a licensing cost perspective alone...when is there going to be another stern table with this much variety of source content?
When is the Primary Actor/Actress/Celeb going to be available(and affordable) to create all new original content just for the game?
Its the most humorous stern table I've played to, just a good fun vibe, suits the flowing slower paced gameplay too. Its a keeper alright.

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya have to kinda cheat and keep balls in the pops. Letting it drain quick or try to get there on plunge. In multiball, let em drain until ballsave runs out , sometime helps other times just shortens the game

I really find that if you can get the Wheel of fate prepped on the left outlane before a multiball, you almost always get a ball that drains and actives it and choice garage multiball extension is the best way to get to gappa..if you can extend trunk too if you activate again during multiball even better but You end up with a ton of balls in the pops this way.. usually after extended garage multiball your easily moved up 3 levels if not 4 of the Mixer

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ok so I'm giving in and asking why is GAPPA in an Elivra game? Is she in the movie?

The game is using assets from the Elivra's Movie Macacbre 2011 show( all the movies used in the game are from that version of the show),which included this episode

#6923 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi guys! I just added an Elvira HoH to my JP Prem / AIQ Prem. I only have room for 3 machines, and these are my three
I see this thread is very long, and am wondering if there’s anything I should do today (day 1) as I set it up? I have pinstadiums on the other two, but this game seems like it should be darker?
I’ll check and update code first thing. Any playfield protection / fixes that are must-haves or should I just play the damned thing and stop worrying about it :p
Super excited - love this machine when I’ve played it at a local arcade
Thank you!!!

check the first post in the thread it has links to fixes etc.
I think the #1 thing tho is to determine when it was built(check sticker on the back) if it was build pre nov 2019 you might need some different fixes that were corrected after that date(house diverter fix ect) #2 grab a few beers and read the whole thread .. i like to browse the threads pics from oldest to newest and if something looks interesting I click the post number and read from there.. good way to scan thru whole thing.

Check the power of the trough eject.. brand new mine was on full and within 10 games it was chipping the clearcoat off where it ejects.. lowering it to about 165 gives it enough strength without slamming..
I love this game with Mirror Blades and Shaker motor and Medysinal's crypt kicker gargoyle and mausoleum mods are the essentials(tho you might prefer art blades)

#6924 3 years ago

so i've been lazy and haven't done any maintenance in while so this am took things apart and had a look.
I was finding that my trunk door wasn't raising as high or snappy any more.. taking the front off the trunk I could see hinge screw was almost completely out and the end was stripped abit(just lifting the lid manually and wiggling it popped out so was gonna happen any game) got that all reattached and its working great now.
I also used a cloths hanger to create a bracket that i superglued to little ufo .. want to see if with vibration it will stay attached or if I'll need to get an epoxy.

I really like the spot beside the house you get the spotlights and its were a couple saucers are on the backboard.. if it stays secure for a couple weeks I'll work on converting the internal led lights on it to run off of power vs batteries. overall tho I think it really matches the game well.

IMG_8381 (resized).JPGIMG_8381 (resized).JPGIMG_8382 (resized).JPGIMG_8382 (resized).JPGIMG_8383 (resized).JPGIMG_8383 (resized).JPG
#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nice, where did you source the ufo?

https://www.amazon.ca/UFO-Cow-Abduction-Bovine-Light/dp/0762493410/ref=pd_sbs_5

change to whatever country your in i'm sure they have em..its been around for years

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Great idea. I had questioned how that RGB could tastefully be made more visible (can never see it from my height at 5' 9"), and this looks perfect (not having to tap into any lighting is a big plus for many).

I really like this mirrored tombstone idea ,
another idea I think would work is the Guns and Roses Transparent guitar pick spinner idea looks ideal, if someone made a transparent square one we could see thru the spinner with beast booster etched into it etc.

1 week later
#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think early code killed this game, I know it did for me. Took a year before I played it again and what a difference. Might be reason for low plays. I bought mine from orig owner, 1 yr old, with 100 or so plays.

I think it hurt momentum and some early ratings quite abit,which seemed to have led to a general sense that if you weren't an Elvira fan specifically its a pass..

I love classic horror more then anyone I know and tend to like horror themed tables more then others by a significant degree and early impressions of HOH almost made me pick something else.

The constant significant code improvements and depth once or twice a month for what? 8 months? turned it all around..i think it was around .88 or .89 where everyone kinda realized this was gonna be an exceptional game.
Anyone that says they loved 90's pins style and are looking for a pin that has modern design with a strong retro feel...I cant imagine HOH shouldn't be at the top of the list

#7086 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is there a fix for the draining from the pop bumpers ?This happens very often on mine

I just replaced all the rubbers left on playfiled with perfect play silicone replacements from pinballlife, they're slightly bouncier then default black rubber...but I find the band across from the market value switch really helped being bouncier.. I've also notice the corner on the market value stationary target was pushed back in abit and the right gargoyle bracket can cause the ball coming out the pops slow to hit the gargoyle bracket and just deadball down the middle..
I used leaf switch spacer to bend the market value sign closest to the gargoyle out abit seems to help...
might be worth looking at

4 months later
#9243 2 years ago

was having issues with the house ramp opto not working or only sometimes. seems the plastic piece that looks to stop ball from flying out of top of ramp in back of house also is used to keep the top of the ramp rigid AND squared up.
Firgured this might be helpful for other firstime pinball owners like myself ..working on the house is abit intimidating

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bloodydrake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=bloodydrake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.