IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1769 4 years ago

Just joined the club

29691422-6F17-401A-94DC-EB2739ACCC91 (resized).jpeg29691422-6F17-401A-94DC-EB2739ACCC91 (resized).jpeg
#1772 4 years ago

When I was setting up Elvira I couldn’t find a flipper power adjustment in the settings..is it coded in yet? I’m also trying to find the kick out adjustment for the garage lock...any help would be much appreciated...and the premium looks way better in person compared to the pictures IMHO.

#1800 4 years ago

I want to get my Elvira set up properly so I have a few questions....When wild woman multiball starts should all the balls roll out of the garage lock together or one by one? What pitch is best for this table? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I have an issue here. Doesn't pop up properly so the balls come all together. Can't start multiball anymore, so have to look again at the popper here.

I also have a issue with my lock release... sometimes the last ball gets stuck in the lock area and the up post won’t stay down long enough to let the ball roll out. I wonder if this has a setting to control how long it it stays down. I’m going to check it out today after work and hopefully it’s just something small. If anyone else has had this problem I would love some feedback. Besides this small issue I’m loving the game so far.

#1809 4 years ago

I think you just have to adjust the angle of your pin.

After looking and trying a few things I’m thinking it’s a bad coil...it goes up and down but it’s not holding for that half second to let a ball roll through.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m downloading now, is the house turret active in this update?

I haven’t noticed action from the turret so far. Another thing I noticed is I’ve hit the skill shot a few times and haven’t herd the call outs from previous code...actually I haven’t herd any??

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I noticed this, too. I don't think I heard one call out upon hitting the back door. I did notice it seems the Back Door is worth a lot more. First shot was worth 1.5M; next shot(?) was worth 2.25M.

I definitely miss hearing the all the back door call outs. Hopefully just a code polish is needed and they didn’t cut them out completely.

#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The call outs will return. (^^^^It's being addressed in the next update.) The turret will be coded. The attract mode will be added. Phone-a-Fiend mini wizard will get added. I'm sure Lyman has a master plan on how the code is to progress. It'll be great.

I kind of figured that the backdoor callouts were missing because of the massive update...this game is really starting to play as good as it looks. I have a JP premium and the two compliment each other perfectly IMHO.

5C8A452D-E936-4BDA-9A89-741C1EB3F852.gif5C8A452D-E936-4BDA-9A89-741C1EB3F852.gif
#1951 4 years ago

I just had a good game going when the game rebooted itself . I believe I just made it to gappa angry while I was playing the 7th haunt(Santa Clause) and the flippers went dead and the screen was frozen for a second or so and then it just rebooted itself...might be a bug from new code.

#2013 4 years ago

If Stern decides to do a topper for this pin what would be some cool ideas? If someone has info to share it would be scary cool.

1 week later
#2156 4 years ago

Just added some new rubber with a splash of color.

CDB2AB36-A5C1-43EC-A2E5-90C8A8F030AC.jpegCDB2AB36-A5C1-43EC-A2E5-90C8A8F030AC.jpegFD4C13AA-4E9F-4F63-AE36-9B3F1A215496.jpegFD4C13AA-4E9F-4F63-AE36-9B3F1A215496.jpeg
#2164 4 years ago

Just joined the billionaire club. Had a good game last night man this game is just plain fun.

7CDB64A7-257E-45FF-AEC5-210B14A7DD86 (resized).jpeg7CDB64A7-257E-45FF-AEC5-210B14A7DD86 (resized).jpeg
#2168 4 years ago

On how many balls and extra balls are you guys playing?

All factory settings(3 balls). I only had 1 extra ball on this game...most of my points came from the Gappa Angry mode when I locked all the balls(5 I think)and had a 6 ball multiball. GA is a super cool mini wizard mode.

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

lol yeah srsly... I couldn't get half a billion in my dreams. yall must be getting 4x often and having rly long games... that or the opto on yalls ramps are loose af?

I got this score while playing a 4 player game with my friends. I felt a little bad because they had to wait so long in between balls.

#2189 4 years ago

Cool .92...and this pin just keeps getting better. Hopefully in the future L.S. will add a feature to the lock down button to allow us to change what’s on the display, kind of like BM66. Now time to update and enjoy.

4E3F6F2F-8982-4E00-A748-51347D87AEA8.gif4E3F6F2F-8982-4E00-A748-51347D87AEA8.gif
#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Same here, I've got to where the freak fryer is at max level but never made it to the actual mode

When you get a multiball let the balls drain and they will be kicked out in to the pops and that will help with the switch hits. Don’t forget to trap up a ball first and when the ball save is finished just continue to play your multiball. The spinner shot helps out if you can rip it up once in a while.

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Having an issue with my new game. I unboxed it this afternoon and updated the software before playing any games. I set the game for free play and when I pushed start to play the first game, I get a “locating pinballs” message which stays on for a minute or so and then the game goes back to attract mode. I have all 6 balls loaded in the trough and solenoids are firing trying to shake loose balls but that’s it.
Any ideas anyone? I lifted the playfield and checked all the connectors and all seem to be OK.
Thanks for any help...
Curt

Go to settings and do a switch check to see if your ball through optos are working.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What exactly would you want to see the “channel change” feature used for? You aren’t running multiple haunts at the same time like multiple villains in Batman.

No we’re not running multiple haunts...but it would be nice to have control over multiball modes that cover the haunt to be able to flip flop it in order to hear or see jackpots or mode shots.

1 week later
#2375 4 years ago

Just recently I started to have a little trouble with Elvira. When ever I started a mode the ball would just come out of the house and it didn’t lock(hold) the ball. This was a bit frustrating because as she was talking and all the GI lighting was dimmed the ball was hard to see and cause unwanted drains. So I took a look at what keeps the ball locked(A post that’s always down) and it was actually binding on the edge which wouldn’t allow it to go back to the down position. I loosened up two screws and realigned the post and now it’s working as it should. Hope this helps.
12730918-3463-437F-B0E3-B5246B0A4285.jpeg12730918-3463-437F-B0E3-B5246B0A4285.jpegA6AAEC78-A4A3-41F3-9399-802402CDEFC5.jpegA6AAEC78-A4A3-41F3-9399-802402CDEFC5.jpeg

#2421 4 years ago

My Elvira premium has a build date of November 16...and I can make the skill shot pretty consistently.

2 weeks later
#2553 4 years ago

I was supposed to have a pinball tournament/B-Day party tomorrow night but C-19 happened. This code update will help cheer me up for sure

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

The shaker motor is set to Maximal.
The turret was working prior to the update, I will double check in settings but not sure why the update would turn it off.

Is your turret In the correct position(as it sits)or is it in a halfway position not facing forward?

2 weeks later
#2729 4 years ago

Wow another update..this pin is starting to bust out with code

43D4EF1B-AC5E-454A-AC7F-EE57CC776FCF.gif43D4EF1B-AC5E-454A-AC7F-EE57CC776FCF.gif
2 weeks later
#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Awesome! Got confirmation from shipping that it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to get her downstairs in my basement and play with her. Um, you know.

Make sure to wash your hands before you play with her .

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Well, 5 days from new it won't even turn on. Reading on here it sounds like it may be a bad SD card. Since this is my first ever pinball purchase, does Stern fix this or am I expected to shell out and replace the bad part myself?

So what exactly is it doing when you turn your power on? Do you get anything on the screen? Did you try to push your SD card in or reseating it? Might be something simple...but stern will help you out and get it up and running.

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh TONS Of Dimpling!
On this game.. also on my 35 year old TZ.
If youre concerned about the VUK drops (which in this case certainly makes sense): Mylar.

I put a small square of Mylar down where the ball lands from the VUK, just didn’t want it to wear through the clear coat.

2 months later
#4289 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Guess it’s a code thing then, before I start switch hunting

After the latest update I have definitely noticed random back door call outs...

2 weeks later
#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'd love for him to chime in on this - mine works usually on the 2nd try, sometimes on the first.
I don't get this though: Why require that it hits the targets if it's expected to hit every time? He could have just bound the deadhead kill to the button press instead.

When it’s time to eliminate the dead head the the ball goes in the VUK and the lights on the targets start to cycle and if you hit the target (when the light is on that specific target)you finish that dead head. If you miss you need to reload the VUK through the crypt and try again, but if you miss a second the third time is a gimme.

2 months later
#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Looks like an amazing update, but I don’t get all the gushing with the need to thank Mr. Sheats. It just seems like such a fanboy thing to do. I mean, shouldn’t he be thanking us for (1) purchasing an $8000 - $15000 pinball machine that was incomplete at the time of purchase and (2) waiting patiently for a year in order for it to become close to complete? Again, I love Lyman’s coding but he is just doing his job and fulfilling his commitment to complete a pin that we all purchased a long time ago. No need to act like he’s doing us a favor.

I will admit that’s a heck of a thing to say in a club. You’re right he’s just doing his job but it’s a great one and that deserves a thank you from his customers.

1 week later
#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Put up a screaming hot one yesterday. Anyone else break 2 bil yet? I had Scream test (Gappa) All garage multis, house party, They came from space, completed 6 haunts, Directors cut...played one extra ball. didn’t get phone a friend, defeat the clown deadhead or get the Gappa six ball this game. It’s nearly impossible to complete everything in one game. But it’s fun to try! Oh and before anyone asks...normal tilt, glass on
[quoted image]

Quoted from SKWilson:

I hit 2.4 billion last night on stream. Even sold the house. Your game is more impressive, though. Good going!

You guys got me motivated to install the new update and see if I can crack 2 billion. Good scores

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its so awesome!! Got my topper last nite, hooked up this morn. Pretty good, its no black night, but does complete the game. My opinion

I agree it definitely looks good...I would probably have one if it wasn’t made of gold.

3 weeks later
#5932 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Do any of you feel as cool as I do when I hit right flipper- drop target - straight back to right flipper - back straight to lock.
Why is that so cool to me? Gosh I love this game. LONGEST I've ever kept a pin.

I like doing this also...and it does feel cool.

2 months later
#6564 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I was just using that as an example of the ball path. I've been trying the back door and I only randomly get it going up the left orbit. I think a plunge that dies the ball at the back of the mansion should get it, no?
Now it appears I have a bigger issue. My shots through the mansion that should start a mode, just rip around back through and down the left orbit, and don't start the mode. Assuming a diverter issue. Diverter seems dead in the testing (no movement or sound of movement) - scratch this, I wasn't hitting the right button, diverter tests. Any hints as I dive into it?

If you can’t make the back door skill shot pretty regularly then it might be possible that your LE needs the update ball guide behind the house. If you contact stern they should send it out to you.

#6714 3 years ago

Interested also depending on price...looks awesome

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Thanks. I guess

Don’t loose too much sleep over dimples, all games have them even the older titles. Play your pin and enjoy

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Your first set of balls only last a couple of weeks while they beat down some of the sharper edges of a new machine anyway. I use them for that, then chuck them.
Where is everyone getting their balls right now? I got a bunch from Ball Baron last time that I wasn't happy about. Some of them even had that honey combed golf ball look after a while.
Also, no one has any ideas about the garage ball lock issue I posted about 2 days ago?

Go into tests(garage opto)and use something that can trigger each opto (it has 3) to make sure they are registering. The screws on the opto boards could be loose and maybe not aligned properly. That’s where I would start.

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I was wondering how ball times are on Elvira? Are they super long like Lord of the Rings, TSPP, BM66 or WOZ?

Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I was wondering how ball times are on Elvira? Are they super long like Lord of the Rings, TSPP, BM66 or WOZ?

If you’re a good/decent player then the ball time can get long. Especially with all of the multiballs to go for....Garage multiball,Trunk multiball, and all the other mini wizard modes so this pin gives you plenty of chances to keep your game going. If you’re looking for a punishing pin with short times EHOH isn’t that pin.

1 week later
#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey so on the house ramp it just recently stopped grabbing the ball when you start a movie mode or whatever. The ball just passes through. Any idea on issue possibly?

On the back side of the tunnel(where the ball should stop)there is a plastic post that should stop the ball but it’s probably getting hung up when it’s trying to go through the hole. Loosen up the 2 screws and adjust the plastic post so it’s directly in middle of the hole. My game had this issue and maybe this can help you.

1 month later
#7830 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

People like you make this forum awesome. Always some snowflake/Karen who has to cause crap. I can’t wait to get the pin and posting helps pass the time. I am a disabled veteran and found pinball in 2019 and hooked since.
It helps me get my mind off of my health problems and brings a smile to my face when I play and post and read in the forum. There’s always some douchebag that has nothing better to do than to make themselves seem and feel important. Peace brother and thanks for your support.

Thanks for your service man ..If you and your family get board one weekend feel free to stop by and play my EHOH all you guys want but it’s a bit of a drive.

1 month later
#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

The mode starts, but the ball does not stay in the house during the mode start video, it comes back from the front door.

Check to see if the(up post)is actually popping up through the hole to stop the ball and hold it for the mode intro. It might be binding on the cut out hole and not going up to stop the ball. If it’s binding just loosen up the 2 screws to the up post coil to center it and you should be good to go. The up post is under the black plastic alley behind the house.

1 month later
#9082 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Does the right ramp need to be removed to change out that rubber? I looked at mine and it seems like the only way to get the existing rubber off and replace. pretty tight in there. Hopefully I’m mistaken(pain in the butt!)

When ever the ball goes into the pops I wait for it to touch the rubber(as it exists the pops)and give it a nudge and send it to the left and away from SDTM….give it a try it might help.

#9087 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Yeah, game is new for me and I found myself doing that nudge too. In fact I’m nudging all the time on this game! I know it’s considered kind of an easy shooter but so far I’ve found it to be pretty drainy compared to Maiden, JP2, etc. I don’t like to alter the game too much to make it easier. Ideally I try to play better! Is there an ideal pitch for EHoH? I’m at 6.8 degrees. Still trying to dial in my right ramp and orbit shots. I’ve been bricking those a bit and get SDTM or outlane drains all the time when I miss.

I’m also at 6.8 at my flippers and I’m able to hit all shots no problem. I do get a rejection from time to time from the mode start(behind the house)but that’s usually before the coils warm up.

#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

is it a coil firing that’s keeping it inside the house? I thought the only coils were 1)to lift the diverter on a haunt start to send the ball in to the subway and 2)the coil that lifts the post to allow the ball to exit the subway into the pops area? Mine dribbles out of the front ramp often. Is there a coil/mech that keeps the ball inside the house that is supposed to prevent the ball from falling out the front? I did the Velcro in the subway thing but it only helps a little.

Just one post that’s up until the mode starts and it drops(coil holds it down for a second)to let the ball in the pops. I think on a clean shot the ball just hits that post so hard it sometimes bounces back out the front door.

1 week later
#9221 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Welp looks like mine is not immune to the others with the house reject issues. Played about 20 more games (still haven't taken the house off) and now the house will not hold the ball when starting a mode.
So appears the consensus is to just put some velcro in to deaden the ball?

Is the ball getting rejected or is it just going to the pops when the mode starts?

1 month later
#9572 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Thanks for all the info, and the video!
I need to look for that target.
I am not sure what the directors cut is, and I have not seen the clown deadhead many times, and I have only seen they came from space one time, but everything else is pretty regular on a decent game here.
I am pretty sure I have seen the market value up to around 28m a few times, but I have never collected it yet.
I have never made it to any kind of wizard mode or anything on any pin in my life, but this game is so much fun that I want to keep trying to get further into it.
Thanks!

Getting to “Gappa Angry” isn’t really that hard to reach if you just concentrate on multiball action. During every multiball you start try letting all your balls drain(so you get free pop bumps)and when your ball saver times out just try shooting for the spinner. “Gappa Angry” Wizard mode is activated by switch hits so it’s all about pops and spinner. Hopefully you can see it soon because it’s a really fun wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Wildbill327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.