IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10184 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

I heard from my distributor yesterday that Elvira was pushed to Dec 2022.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am seriously pissed. Elvira has had 1 price hike and most likely see another. The LE owners must feel robbed with the 40th version coming out. Not to mention all of us who have been waiting now are pushed back a year instead of it being made now instead. They think they are doing dealers a favor for christmas by coming out with the 40th while screwing the customers who have already put money down. Ok, who here wants to play House of Horrors right before Christmas 2022 and not before Halloween? Anyone.. anyone? Lousy marketing right there. I understand there is a backlog but they didnt need to cut in line from waiting customers for profit and introduce yet another version. Shame on you Stern.

1 month later
#10395 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

She’s retiring, so there won’t be a 50th

She's been retired I believe. The replacement they found I don't think is as famous.

1 month later
#10742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Personally, I think they kind of clash with the cabinet art. The solid color blood rails work so much better. I think stock is a better look on the premium vs. these. I know what Stern was trying to do. They are obviously a throwback to Sacred Stiff but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Don't forget the oversized dagger plunger in the way. That alone made it a no to me. I have a small gameroom and already rub up against everything else. That would really hurt,not to mention the height its at!

3 months later
#11249 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Saw this today on FlipNOut's website. Sneak peak of the price increase for those on lists for the last run this year?
[quoted image]

Between that and the not so good economic outlook for the near future we may see many people bail from the list when it comes time to pay up. I'm starting to feel the crunch myself but still hanging in there.

1 month later
#11413 1 year ago

So everyone with a home game can pitch that stupid Stern Connect appoll aparatus and go back to a cool place card! Deduct $50 from my order and just give me the regular apron thank you with automatic connect.

1 week later
#11449 1 year ago

I like how all the posts are doom and gloom about another run of ehoh when Stern is still freakin making star wars from ages ago and dead pool. Come on?

#11467 1 year ago

I just don't see how EHOH is difficult to produce compared to Godzilla with building and bridge mech? It looks bare in comparison.

2 weeks later
#11543 1 year ago

Is it me or does it seem this game comes with a lot of issues for not being very old? I have mine on order and reading the slew of tweaks and problems this game has after a couple years concerns me. Especially when the price is going up and the new ones aren't corrected? I know all game threads are about fixes but this one seems to be more than others? Whats everyones thoughts?

3 weeks later
#11736 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

A little more 3D action from the back-panel. Moon and saucers were there, and I just pushed them out a little.
[quoted image]

Where do you get the trees? Do you have a picture standing back further? Thanks

#11760 1 year ago

I'm really ticked as well. Why do they keep pushing this game back all the time? I don't count the 40th as production because it wasnt buklt for anyone on this thread. This game cost us more than pros being made for everyone? Its like they don't care about the premium buyers anymore after the last price hike.

#11764 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

While waiting the past year and half I picked up a set of Medisinyl Mods for EHOH and a topper. Now all I need is the pin My feelings about waiting a few more months...
"All right, now look, Focker, I'm a patient man. That's what 13 months in a Vietnamese prison camp will do to you. But I will be watching you, studying your every move. And if I find that you are trying to corrupt my firstborn child, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown."

Haha! I had to look this up, classic.
They are going to keep pushing them back till all the 41st anniversaries are sold, hoping some of us would give in and pay double. There are tons of them still available. Thats their problem they created, not ours.

2 weeks later
#11849 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

going through my parts bin...
My Elvira has been long gone for a while but I still have this shooter that I never end up using.
$190 shipped
Thanks[quoted image]

Just rummaging through a bin of parts and you happen to have a $200 shooter rod just laying around?

#11878 1 year ago

Has anyone ever sued Stern for price gauging? Everyone I talked to said this is unethical. Pushing back this game in production over and over for a price increase and playing the market forcing people into a 26k version that won't sell. After this experience it has really left a bad taste in my mouth and will likely be my last purchase from them.

1 month later
#12124 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I agree.... I don't think Bond is going to meet expectations at all.
Truth is, it's too dated. It has a lot of fans, but not of the right demo (IMO). Connery Bond is 60's with a tiny bit of 70's.... that's going to be before a lot of people were born. You've gotta be 51 just to be alive when one came out. Too old a theme, and too focused an audience.
I was at Universal a couple months back and was noticing how old the people were in Harry Potter land...... it was shocking. Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

Since when does a game based on an older decade matter? Who are these people who snub their nose at anything that isn't from their generation and only buy newer titles? Led Zeppelin,Rush,Munsters, Halloween,Scooby Doo,and Beatles have come out the past 5 years and did fine. So are they just suppose to make Stranger Things forever, because I will tell you, there hasn't been jack movies or music bands made in 11 years worth making a pin about that would stand the test of time.

#12127 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If Bond shoots well or it is fun to play, the theme will become secondary for me.
I have about as much connection to Bond as a theme as I do with most titles these days, it's mainly all about the game play and code for me.

I was telling that to people over the weekend who obsessed with having a license. I've never heard of Deadpool the comic or watched the movie but it makes me laugh and is awesome. All the Williams that CGC is remaking.
I played Bond this weekend, I am a huge fan and for me it was the theme I didn't like. I'm sure it will be coded more but they barely show him in the clips,little cas ll outs and the theme over and over. If they don't put all those great theme songs in it is a dud.

1 week later
#12267 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Well...Stern can kiss my lily white ass. I'm not paying $10,300 + extras. I canceled my pre-order and I'll be looking into an Ultra VP 6.0 instead. These manufacturers are our of their g'damn minds.

I just installed the 2.5 game release yesterday. You will be pleased! I bet you will play it 3 times more than an EHOH in your home.

3 weeks later
#12473 1 year ago

This is going to be my last NIB game I buy with the way prices are. I am only commiting to this because I have waited for so long. Rarely does a game play grab me like this one. Metallica is the only other I can think of.

#12541 1 year ago

Can you imagine if they made Elvira with UV glow on the playfield like ST? They should have atleast done it with the 40th. That blacklight is what this game needs to bring in those other movie modes.

#12542 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can you imagine if they made Elvira with UV art on the playfield like Stranger Things? They should have atleast done it with the 40th. That blacklight is what this game needs to bring in those other movie modes.

1 week later
#12683 1 year ago

I have seen that animated eye ball for the start button. Did that come with the LE or is it a mod? I love that thing.

1 week later
#12778 1 year ago

So this was officially Lymon's last game correct? I'm sure that means something!

3 weeks later
#13100 1 year ago

The machine in the video they are putting together 3rd from the left. Thats mine, I just know it is. Any day now.

1 week later
#13615 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Checking in! One week of set-up, mods, etc. shoots amazing after a few adjustments. Great pin. FUN!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would you mind telling us where you got yhe trees and a photo of how they are mounted? I would like to do the same.

#13789 1 year ago

At this stage of the game I am hoping to get the last one ever made. I wonder if there is a way to find out?

#13852 1 year ago
Quoted from Herm:

Hoping to get word of mine here soon. I checked in with my distributor earlier this week and they haven’t heard any new updates other than a parts delay. Has anyone else waiting for theirs hear a similar thing.

Still waiting on mine. I could have purchased several earlier on at the Louisville show? Hopefully its worth the wait.

#14005 1 year ago

I finally made it after years of waiting! Love this game, right up there with medevil madness and attack from mars.
I'm having trouble with the coffin lock? The eject coil was firing a few times for no reason and when I get it in there it gives me multiball? I did the coil test and its fine, I get a message saying eject malfunction afyer a game? Is it the sensor?

20230322_215122 (resized).jpg20230322_215122 (resized).jpg
#14017 1 year ago

The center playfield is the only thing needing light. They should have used an apron like my Bond or Metallica that has spots hidden in them. I wonder if it can be swapped out?

#14081 1 year ago

Does anyone have the blood plastic protectors on the inlanes mod? I am thinking of getting them but wonder if it mutes the GI on the playfield?

SmartSelect_20230325-012617_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230325-012617_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14236 1 year ago

Just posted my Dripping mod for Elvira if anyone has a 3D printer. I used Glow in the dark filament on mine.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/pinball-dripping-goo-blood-mod-for-stern-spike2-games-elvira-house-of-horrors-munsters

20230328_125350 (resized).jpg20230328_125350 (resized).jpg20230401_122710 (resized).jpg20230401_122710 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#14595 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is there a specific post sleeve rubber or such that should be used when you alter the left return orbit adjustment? I've just seen it described as a bally/williams style, but theres so many of those out there, which exact one or type/size should I be getting?

I was going to do this but Chuck Wurt came over and raised my left 2 legs up a bit and it solved the problem. I do not notice anything else being unbalanced or tilty either since it was a small adjustment. Drops to the flipper perfectly. Sometimes perfectly leveled is not so perfect.

#14621 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the kind words. The video screen is hard to photograph well but I can confirm to those who haven't seen one in person, it doesn't look as blown out as that pic implies.
Here's some pics another pinsider sent me to show how it looks if you leave the IC scanner on and install the video mod in on the left.
I think I replied to most of the preorder people for the latest batch and I've had a few pinsiders ghost me. So I have few extras left in this batch. PM me if interested. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am still interested in getting this if you can ever get the original larger screens back in stock.

#14657 1 year ago

Imy machine just started an auto update? Did an update just drop?

#14694 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like the playfield is kind of dark on this game. It's a shame because the artwork is kind of cool.
Has anyone added spotlights or done anything else to help? I'm apprehensive to try Pinstadiums as they seem super expensive.

I'm adding spotlights to mine,just ordered them. I will let you know, I am going to try purple bulbs to keep it lit but spooky.

#14751 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I always replace the black rubbers on every machine with titans. On my LE I’ve gone with glow to highlight the green that lines the purple in the artwork on the cabinet

#14752 12 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Tech help please! On startup my trunk kicker fires repeatedly and I get a trunk lockup malfunction alert. The switch ahead of the kicker is functioning properly and the kicker does work. In game play when I get trunk multi the game will not release the trunk locked ball until after I drain the ball released from the trough. What gives?

I had this same problem with mine right out of the box, it is the sensor above the trunk not aligned with the bottom one. Easy fix usually. I can send you the instructions Greg bone sent me if you pm me.

#14775 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Do these protectors dim the game GI or change the look of the artwork? I love the trim colors the protectors provide but am worried that it will tint the art.

I was concerned about this as well because of what they did to my Metallica. I got the red blood drips on the slings and they don't change the color. This is because they are are cut out with the center cut out. Its not a solid plate so the lighting stays the same. Highly recommend this mod. Would love to see this done for metallica in the green to replace my solid ones. Drips too!

#14795 11 months ago

For anyone who thinks the playfield is too dark to see like in my gameroom, here is an easy cheap solution without buying pinstadiums. The lights don't block anything and are barely noticable but make a huge difference.
Comet pinball is my go to. Buy
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit
You should add a set of aligator clips and a matrix extender to be safe,I already had spares. Also find a 1/2" spacer with a screw and nut. I bought purple lights to give it a spooky glow, the white is fine but is cleaner looking. The second last picture is a white bulb on one side for reference. The last is my purple bulbs. What a difference for $20. I also added the purple trough light and flipper buttons from comet. The clear buttons now match the action bar.

20230430_182459 (resized).jpg20230430_182459 (resized).jpg20230430_192744 (resized).jpg20230430_192744 (resized).jpg20230430_184804 (resized).jpg20230430_184804 (resized).jpg20230430_193621 (resized).jpg20230430_193621 (resized).jpg

#14832 11 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Where did you mount the trough light? I have some extra Comet light strips laying around, but at a glance I didn't see any obvious place to put a strip where it wouldn't be in danger of a ball strike.

You just mount it ti the roof of the apron underneath. I am sure those will come in handy!

4 weeks later
#15092 10 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Trying to find good flipper toppers (3D, not stickers) for my new premium. Any recommendations?

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/pinball-bone-flipper-toppers

2 weeks later
#15182 10 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I've got GZ prem and just got Elvira. Two completely different games. Really like Elvira but to be honest Godzilla is a bit next level on most parts. A bit disappointed with the QC on Elvira and it almost felt like a Pro compared to GZ. Paid extra for my Elvira and expected better quality and QC.

The fact that they never bothered to change the left rubber sleeve so the ball flows to the flipper and is a known fix says it all. Yeah I felt as though this last release was half assed as well. I have had the glass off of this thing to tweek more than any game I have ever owned.

#15210 10 months ago

What am I doing wrong or what is my game doing wrong? I've owned this game about 3 months and have never seen the turret turn during a game or light up except when a game is started and reset. So it does work but never got to anything it does? Waste of mechs and money for something rarely used in my opinion. It must be when you rack over 200 million it comes into play and lights up?

1 week later
#15274 9 months ago

I think the one thing that has stood out to me on this game that is pissing me off is there is no in or outlane acknowledgement. The light above the lane only lights up if you hit targets or something. They dont do anything if the ball goes down any of the lanes when they are not lit. This is boring! No fun lane changing or completing all 4 or anything. I can't believe this game was left like this. Thats what I love most in games like Bond and Metallica. Seriously this is a flaw.

1 month later
#15461 8 months ago
Quoted from JvdS:

I really HATE cats and all pictures of cats....

Quoted from JvdS:

In the elvira thread you will quickly get positive answers. I think its a really boring layout and lots of ‘the same’ shots. Buy an Ironmaiden!

Why are you here? Get lost Troll!

#15468 8 months ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Thanx, you are so kind.
But why are you here? You don’t own a HOH….

Got it new in box 5 months ago. Waited 2 years for it. Thanks for reminding me to add it to my collection.

2 weeks later
#15537 8 months ago

Am I crazy? I just blew my game up with 722m and didn't get an extra ball? Maybe some ball saves but thats sort of BS.

#15586 7 months ago

When I first set up my game it wasn't perfectly level and could get back door often. Now I leveled it and it is almost impossible. Is there a way to make it a bit easier? Felt tape?

4 weeks later
#15766 6 months ago

Installed bone flippers last night because they are only $24 and this game should have been made with them on it and not yellow.

20230926_221543 (resized).jpg20230926_221543 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#16214 5 months ago

I was wondering how many Blood Red Kiss edition owners plan on buying a topper that doesn't match or the Medisinyl coffin ramp mod we all enjoy?

#16216 5 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Medisinyl is making a B/W version.

Really? Cool.

1 month later
#16918 4 months ago

So I need to be prepared. Is Santa vs the martians special only on Christmas day when I play?

1 week later
#17075 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I've only gotten one reply so far that said only a slow roll should make that shot but you can clearly see from that video that it is not the case.
My guess would be trying to find that sweet spot with that rear left leg where the back door skill shot is obtainable and the left loop shot rarely happens.
I may try upping or lowering that left rear leg tonight to see if anything changes unless some others start chiming in.

I did that with mine and it throws everything off. Yeah it was easy to get the back door but balls flowed entirelly different. Got mine perfectly level now and it rarely goes in but it plays so much better. I agree the ball just has to trickel in for you to make it. I thought about playing around with a soft velcro tape back there that may slow the ball down slightly? I'm not buying no $35 mod for this problem.

3 weeks later
#17357 3 months ago

You know what would make this game fun is more SPINNER! I feel it rarely comes up and most of the time its during a multiball and rushed. It needs to be implemented better like in scared stiff. I think this is a good solution to the few extra balls and keys etc in this game. Would really open the game play up.

#17408 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, here's my thought:
- Remove the requirement for keys to turn the turret. Nobody likes this and it's too difficult.
- Set the turret to rotate once per rip of the spinner. Or you need 10 spinner rotations to make the turret spin once.
- Give us a better spinner sound!
- Give us more beast booster and use the callout! Beast Booster could be active during gargoyles gone wild? Bigger spinner points? Bigger sound?
Rob

Let me clarify.
The spinning wheel I would like to see implemented more like in scared stiff. Maybe more options? Most of the time it pops up while a ball is in play and can't really use it as it should.

3 weeks later
#17717 79 days ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Does anyone know where I can get this dripping blood for the speaker panel?
[quoted image]

You can also 3D print one that has dimension to it in any color you want? Glow in the dark? https://cults3d.com/:1146396

SmartSelect_20240204_095023_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20240204_095023_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 month later
#17896 40 days ago

This is crazy. I never new they made Elvira Halloween lights! ebay.com link: itm

2 weeks later
#17969 26 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I have a stock Elvira and I feel the lighting is a bit dark. I was thinking of swapping out all the GI leds to Comet 2smd warm whites. The stock stern leds seem to dim to me. Has anyone else swapped in brighter GI bulbs and have some advice to share? I’d also like to see a good way to add a spot light onto the face of the deadhead crypt. It’s very dark in that area. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

I posted what I did on my post #14795. I have a dark arcade and the spotlights make the playfield glow without spending much money.

2 weeks later
#18032 9 days ago

Any advise on correcting the ball coming off the ramp where the trunk meets? I've tried loosening and tightening that screw and raising it up a bit but nothing? Looks like it is smacking off the left side above the trunk and bouncing off but can't be sure?

1 week later
#18108 2 days ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

That is my exact lineup! Except for Bond, but I'm eyeing it hard for my 4th. Nice seeing these pins all together at someone else's house, too!

That makes 3 of us! Same 4 pins just a different order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.