Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UnholySpectacle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3698 3 years ago

I’ve ordered a premium and have bought plenty of mods and plastics in preparation but I see a note regarding the stern shaker motor that says it does not work with the premium edition. Does this mean there is no shaker support for the premium at all?

#3701 3 years ago

Weird. I found this on Sterns amazon page and on Game Room Guys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmEUA30NFZHE5eyrGZzXDzWcoEI3c2Nz/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3_kXkATnoyyDnMUpZBnOn7-vm9d54mO/view?usp=drivesdk

But in going to places like Pinball Life For the Rev C. I don’t see this note at all.

Edit: What triggers the shaker in the current code?

#3780 3 years ago

My HoH Premium should be delivered next week so I have been following this thread closely. I even have some mods, titan rubbers, and pinstadiums ordered in preparation of getting the table. I’m sure some deficiencies will be found with the table but I have faith in this community to help me through any troubles. I know Stern gets a lot of crap for cheaping out on some things but this table is too good to pass on.

I grew up playing tables like Pinbot, BoP, MM, AFM, and SS all the time in the arcade. I got so good at AFM in college that I could get replays on it half the time I played but quickly stopped playing once I had less free time in the real world. I only got into pins again when tables like AC/DC started appearing in bars near me. This led me to put together a virtual pin but I quickly found that you can’t beat the real thing. Once HoH came out and streamers started showcasing the game, I knew I needed to own it. This will be my first real pin so I can’t wait to make my first plunge as an owner.

My wife only agreed on Elvira because she actually loves playing SS on the virtual machine. Hopefully we can both get better at the real thing since I know she will be a little frustrated at how hard a real pin is compared to emulation. Maybe this will be the gateway drug to owning more machines in the future.

#3903 3 years ago

Random question for those of you who have upgraded to Flipper Fidelity on your premiums. I see two Spike 2 kits for lcd games with 8” woofers. One says “coax” for around 80 bucks and other says high output woofer for 130. I don’t want to annoy my neighbors too much so I assume I am safe to go with the coax version? It does not list Elvira as a compatible pin but I think that is probably an oversight. I sent them an email and left a voicemail but did not get a reply yet. No idea how Covid has effected their reply speed but figured you folks could answer. Anyone order recently?

https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-lcd-spike-2-speaker-system-with-8-coax/

#3965 3 years ago

Got my Elvira on Thursday and already have some issues that are keeping me from playing it. This is my first pin so I get to learn troubleshooting fast. I sent an email to Stern so I will see what they say. I tried calling the 1800kickers number but got a message saying they were still closed due to COVID.

I have the VUK issue where it either trickles out or slams into the targets. In looking straight down the kicker seems perfectly aligned in the center.

My trunk is not closing fully after locking a ball. This means it traps another ball upon ball search and randomly triggers multiball. Sometimes it has kicked out two extra balls from the shooter lane at trunk multiball start. I assume this is because the game thinks something is wrong with the kicker in the trunk.

The ball never goes into the back door. It will hang on the opening for a second or two and will eventually go down the left orbit. I saw something earlier about the hole in the back being an issue but my game was made in June so I should have the new part. I can trigger it manually if I toss a ball in there but it never happens in a real game.

I am also getting constant air balls from the left ramp. Has Stern made a statement about fixing this with a part? I know someone on here sells something but for 8k Stern needs to ship something themselves.

I know I will get these issues fixed with help from Pinside and Stern but it is a real downer when your game has a bunch of issues from the start. I’ll stay positive though because I f’n love pinball.

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Playing around with adding toys of the monsters in the movies , grabbed a lobster and gila monster..still trying to find a gappa.
Not sure .... i think the lobster needs some shading , it looks to plastic atm.
The Giant Gila monster i need to touch up paint the eyes mouth and claws, im trying to find a N scale train set hotrod car to put in front beside the red light.
Once the mausoleum and vuk gargoyle mods arrive and install em I'll have better idea how they balance out.. i was thinking Gila farther down left ramp might balance out and its not tall ..tho i'll need to fabricate an arch to support it and the car...[quoted image]

The gila monster looks great. I think you should paint the lobster black to go with the movie. You should go all out and find a doll hat that matches Torgo’s and hang it off the realty sign.

#3984 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Love the Hat Idea..i might have to see if i have a Saytre Mini I could alter to look like Torgo.

Get one like this carrying luggage to really match the movie.

https://images.app.goo.gl/koRwLBfgb3jRTcSs9

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/417638565436477777/

#4007 3 years ago

Anyone get a hold of Stern service recently? The 1800kickers number just plays a message that says they are still shut down. It tells you to email the parts.service address to get a hold of someone but it has been a week with no reply.

1 week later
#4076 3 years ago

I have a build date of June 10th and my VUK does not work right. How far are you guys moving it and in what direction?

#4118 3 years ago

For those of you who have added the bony beast to HoH, how have you attached the head to the ramps? I have done a black wash on my ribs but am waiting to get my VUK/Gonk mod before I add those parts.

1 week later
#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Anyone have an issue with the Crypt Kicker not shooting the ball out randomly? It will try but it just won't make it out, or it will, but it will just dribble straight down the middle. I guess I can try increasing the coil strength, but it doesn't always do it.

VUK issue is well known. Check post 4107 for location of moving your VUK and check out hurryup pinballs YouTube page for how to grind down the VUK plunger for a more consistent shot.

#4290 3 years ago

Yes, the game definitely has a limited timer now upon plunge and certain modes where it will give you the back door bonus if you shoot the left orbit.

#4332 3 years ago

For me the crypt and the gargoyles are
not the best part of the game. So having the topper centered around those seems a little disappointing. The house and the movie clips are where it’s at. Now if there is a lot of motion and light in that topper that reacts to all modes I could see it still being a plus. I actually feel that we dont get enough of the movie footage so some sort of video topper would be cool too.

#4338 3 years ago

As others have said if we get a decent topper with lights and action that integrates well with gameplay, potentially with code for an additional fun mode, I could see spending the money. I still think 600 is high especially when compared to the price of the BK topper which was a great kit.

1 week later
#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I have a SS and a HoH, they're both so similar but so different at the same time. I agree HoH is on another level, but the ramps in SS are my favorite in pinball right now. I turn on SS just to hit those ramps over and over while slowly progressing through the game, it's great for that, just shooting around and not taking the game seriously. something I can't really do in HoH, it kinda forces you to "do the thing". they're both my favorite games in pinball. Elvira made pinball sexy.

This is spot on. The ramps in SS are so good. But overall HoH is tops. The code is so good already but I can’t wait to see what Lyman does with 1.0+. My only complaint is that I wish they had recorded more intros to each movie.

#4439 3 years ago

Just started having an issue where the ball wont come back out after shooting a cellar shot. I can hear it try to fire it back out multiple times before I get an error message that says “cellar lockup”. Anyone fix this issue already?

#4447 3 years ago

For premade black wash I recommend this:

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-VJ73201-Black-Wash-17ml/dp/B0027EN5WM

I used this on my bony beast ribs and it worked well. Still waiting on the install until I get my other mods in.

#4464 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

ok, if anyone else runs into the same issue of the ball not passing easily from the backdoor to the cellar, you can bend the uk back a bit to allow clearance. you don't have to do what I did, which was completely remove the house, curse, and sweat all over the machine

This is the error I am having. This is my first pin so forgive my ignorance. You bent the frame under the playfield where the ball lands before getting kicked out?

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

just a slight bit. make sure that's actually your issue, and not opto alignment (if you put a ball in by hand through the back door, does it naturally fall into the cellar, or does it stop where i have it in my picture above?)

My issue is that when I shoot into the cellar during a mode it will fire the Vuk over and over but the ball does not come out. When I lift up the playfield I don’t see the ball in that cradle so I assume it is getting stuck before making it down there. I guess I will have to make it happen again and then take the house off.

1 week later
#4644 3 years ago

I put the speaker lights in my game and don’t have any issue with reflections. It’s such an easy and cheap kit that you can always take it out if it does bother you.

1 week later
#4768 3 years ago

Flipper power on my Elvira just started dropping noticeably. This is my first pin so any help is appreciated. Stops seems solid so should I try to adjust my switches?

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Could be bad coil stops. Seems to be a fairly common problem on recent Sterns.

Coil stops seem fine but I just changed the one on the right flipper and it is still the same weak flip.

#4894 3 years ago

It needs to be an lcd. Flipping up to reveal static art that never changes would be a poor choice.

#4900 3 years ago

Yeah, if Jack has a production topper shown on stream they must be about to drop them and the code update for it.

#4940 3 years ago

I swear I have heard “shit” in one of the call outs but it seems to happen later in the game when I heard it. Otherwise the announcer just says “crap” all the time for the junk in the trunk collectibles.

#5031 3 years ago

Yes, “it came from space” mode does not end until you fight all the enemies and collect their jackpots. The house turret/lights/screen change to show which enemy you are fighting. I believe it adds a ball when you change enemies if you are already down to one ball.

I had been playing 3 ball mode since I got this pin and only hit the final mode twice. I just switched to 5 ball for fun and I’ve already got to the final mode 2 more times in 2 days. Damn, I love this game and can’t wait to see what Lyman adds in the final code.

If you get the skeleton key make sure to play The Giant Gila Monster. It has a great gimmick where you need to get pop hits to collect bottles of nitroglycerin before your shots light up. One of the best modes in the game.

#5038 3 years ago

I beat “it came from space” tonight and nothing happened. Once you make the last shot it kills your flippers so all balls drain and then it just resets the haunts without any special animations or callouts. I assume this will be changed in the final code.

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I had an odd think happen today with my EHOH. I was working on an issue with the ball hanging up under the controlled drop down gate behind the house. It's the one just behind the house that the ball goes through after you plunge it. I think it's resolved now and you can find the thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-hoh-problem-is-driving-me-nuts-any-opinions#post-5853622 .
Anyway, here's the weird part; I had to remove the house and gate assembly to repair this issue then reattach everything when fixed. I've had this house removed once already in the past but not the gate assembly. Before this last removal and reassembly I was struggling to break 500,000,000. I was playing my butt off and a few times I completed Gapa Angry, Attic Attack and all the house haunts. (I play 5 balls). Now that the fix is complete and working my score has jumped to commonly scoring over 5,000,000,000.
What could have changed? It certainly wasn't my game play. I've had better games before my fixand my scores are more then 6 times greater. Is scoring above 3,000,000,000 usual with this game?

Sounds like an opto is misaligned and constantly triggering contributing to your score but something like that should be really obvious by the sounds and callouts. I can tell you upon beating the game earlier on 5 balls I only scored 750,000,000. What’s even crazier is that my GC score is over 1 billion but that was on a 3 ball game where I destroyed on house party.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Updated Campy Camper... might just do it solid so it’s easier to mold.
[quoted image]

Looking good! Now we just need someone to make decals for the spider webs and text.

#5092 3 years ago

I did mine in a similar fashion although I think I need to turn the bony beast head a little more forward.

55872E4D-7648-4B36-8937-993EE25195A7 (resized).jpeg55872E4D-7648-4B36-8937-993EE25195A7 (resized).jpegF60C96C7-708E-489F-9DB4-73B1783391B9 (resized).jpegF60C96C7-708E-489F-9DB4-73B1783391B9 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#5253 3 years ago

Are these toppers actually limited to 200? If so I can see them doubling in price quickly.

1 week later
#5405 3 years ago

I just want to know what modes this adds for 1k. For that much money it better be more than a throw away goat multiball. Since we have not seen any use of Eegah even though he is a main character on the backglass I hope it is something using those assets. Between Richard Kiel’s mumbling and Arch Hall jr’s whining I’m sure Lyman could make a fun mode or two. Where is my “Shave Eegah” mode Stern?

3 months later
#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is the worst area for deep dimples across from the crate and caused by ejects? How does having a playfield protector prevent dents?

Worst area for dimples I have seen is in the area surrounding the crypt, especially to the left of the gargoyle on the left side of the crypt. I find I get the most air balls when hitting the skull bash toy. I don’t have a protector so I have some dimples but I’ve made my peace with this as it does not change how the game plays.

2 weeks later
#6968 3 years ago

Docquest, thanks for your hard work. I can’t wait to see this in person.

#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

If you do a full plunge does the ball hit the left slingshot? Mine just scamps it on the front and triggers the sling to fire. The other side is fine, lots of clearance there. Do I need to relevel my game (left to right)?

This is a known issue. The left orbit guide needs to be adjusted slightly. Here is a great video guide:

Please note that there are new and improved fixes for the VUK that came out after this video.

3 weeks later
#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:Spoke to joe from pin graffix said he is hoping to do a Elvira run if people are interested in them?

If they do an Elvira powerbladez, I’m in.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hey all..Ok seems like we have enough interest, I will get to work and keep y'all posted.

Very cool to hear. I’m sure with all of the movie themes in the game this could be an interesting design.

1 month later
#7858 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

What's up Elvira owners! I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a premium and want to know your thoughts. I currently own TMNT pro, STh premium, JP2 premium and a Star Wars Comic pro. I am super happy with this lineup. I feel like EHOH would be a great addition. Comedy, easier fan layout, more laid back play in general. Am I barking up the right tree? Also, it doesn't seem too raunchy this time around (I have 9, 12 and 14 year old boys). I feel like they would be fine around it as we are pretty laid back anyway. TIA!

Definitely the right type of pin for you. It is an easy shooter and the humor is great. Only adult stuff I remember from a game I played the other day were a few call outs:

“You’re more fucked up than a left handed football” and “you’re driving me batshit crazy”. And the softer references like “you like it in the back door” etc. The first two are mode specific and don’t even happen every time.

#7962 2 years ago

Hey @docquest, would you mind sharing that file? My wife ordered some yoga mats that fit perfectly on my games as covers. She used the art from EATPM to go on my EHOH but your art is perfect.

3 weeks later
#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, do any current owners have this crypt cover mod? Just curious if it is worth enhancing the dead head crypt or if it isn’t much of an upgrade on the stock sign.
https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

I have this and I believe it looks so much better than the stock, slim plastic. With that said, the paint job I got on mine was nowhere near as nice as the one pictured. So I went back and applied a good bit of black wash to the entire thing to make it really look like a run down sign instead of the bright purple 3D print I got.

#8281 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys, I'm looking for opinions (and photos) of the best side blades for this game. I'm not sure I like the Stern ones so leaning more towards these.... https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/coming-soon-elvira-house-of-horrors-le-gameblades
Any opinions greatly appreciated

If you can wait a bit Pingraffix has confirmed they are making custom powerbladez for Elvira. Similar to these:

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-pinball-powerbladez-stern-pinball

#8292 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Oh no way! Its confirmed? Woooooowww.. totally cant wait to see how they come out. Thanks for the info! Any idea ballpark? Couple months?

Joe confirmed it almost 3 months ago but I have no idea how long the production process is.

#8295 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Does the deadhead crypt close completely or is there a gap like many of the older games?

The gap is normal.

1 month later
#9193 2 years ago

For those of you looking to get artblades don’t forget that Pingraffix is currently designing a set of powerbladez for EHoH. I don’t know how soon they will come out but I am saving my money for those.

2 weeks later
#9329 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Have a Elvira Premium - working fine until tonight...stating getting this message - it's struggling with raising lowering cellar ramp - any ideas?
[quoted image]

I had the same issue and for me it was a loose spring that attached to the arm that raises and lowers the ramp along with a ball stuck in the cellar.

2 months later
#9620 2 years ago

Yeah, JP is brutal to me. The shots are tight which leads me to just miss many of them. I hope Godzilla is a little more forgiving.

Elvira is perfect though. I can always have fun no matter how I tackle the game.

#9643 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've been getting several messages asking about the out of stock status of my Elvira video trailers apron mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod
Unfortunately all of the usual suppliers of the screen I use for the mod are currently out of stock. I reached out to the manufacturer of the screen and they said due to Covid related parts shortages they probably won't be getting anymore manufactured until April 2022 at the earliest.
I'm currently ordering and testing some possible alternate screens to use. None of them have the exact same mounting dimensions, so a screen change would also require a redesign of the window plastic and the art around it. So bottom line is I still plan to make these as long as there is demand but it might be a little while until I have them in stock again.

Now we need one for the left side of Godzilla that plays the Showa era trailers.

#9648 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That would be very cool. Is there a list somewhere of which 10 films that the game uses clips from?

My best guess list is:

Mothra Va Godzilla
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
Invasion of Astro Monster
Ebirah Horror of the Deep
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla

Doc, put me down for the mod if you make it.

#9657 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all -
I'm in the market for a NIB Elvira Premium. Looks like everything is just preorder for early 2022. What's the going street price on this game NIB? Will the 2022 run have insider connected? Did the price on this game get hit with a price increase too?
Thanks in advance!
If someone has a NIB, hit me up.

Everything produced from here on will have Insider Connected. All games had a recent $300 price increase even after the previous bump. After 1/1/2022 all games will follow Godzilla pricing meaning MSRP for next years run will be $9000.

#9670 2 years ago

I just hope they implement a co-op mode like on Mandalorian. Wife and I are not the greatest players and would be great to take on the game together.

I doubt this would happen now that Lyman is gone. It seems like the slow burn of Elvira HoH becoming a must have pin made Stern not prioritize it in any way. I don’t think they would pay anyone more to go back and add code at this point. But I would gladly throw money at Lyman to make it happen.

#9676 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He’s even on Pinside, and I’m sure he would post something if he felt the need to. Hopefully Stern treated him with respect, and he just decided it was time for a break. I’m super bummed, but the game is already really good. Kind of sucks there are still a couple movies not yet coded

I’m not sure the plan was to ever code all of the movies. The only reason there are so many movies is because they were on the last run of her show and are in the public domain. Maybe someone can ask Cassandra if she even did video intros/outros at Stern for those other movies.

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Has anyone used Pinbrowser to tweak anything on their EHOH? I'm thinking of swapping out one of the songs like Shout with Oingo Boingo's Dead Mans Party for October and Halloween.
Problem is, I've never used Pinbrowser. Does anyone know if this is a easy to do for a novice?

I’d be interested to know how this works too. Although it could be a little weird since she says the lyrics as the song starts.

1 week later
#9768 2 years ago

So just created my Insider Connected Account. Looks like they have Elvira "active".
However, the number of achievements...intentional or happy accident
[quoted image]

Nice….I doubt I would get the kit since I have Doc Q’s sweet lcd apron mod on both sides. Plus I could not rationalize paying 300(my price guess) for achievements on a home game.

#9785 2 years ago

Wait, where are are the side rails available?

2 weeks later
#9967 2 years ago

They finally made a good shooter rod and it’s on the one version I will never own. Sigh.

1 month later
#10226 2 years ago

Yep, I got Santa Claus the other day but you still need the key.

4 months later
#10957 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I noticed that Flipper Fidelity does not list EHOH as being compatible with their kits on their website. Which speaker kit works with an Elvira Premium? I’m guessing it was just omitted and that one of them in fact works?

News to me as I have a FF kit in my EHOH.

3 weeks later
#11029 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Has anyone ever considered making wireforms for this? I think it would be a nice upgrade.

Issues I can think of are you still need a plastic ramp with turnarounds to get to the wire form, and then you would need custom mounts for the flashers that sit off the side of the plastic. Not to mention that a lot of owners have the grass/casket mods from Medisinyl that work based on the plastic.

I do worry a little bit about the ramps breaking after many years. Maybe I should reach out to my distributor and ask for the cost of those ramps/plastics. I can report back if there are any other curious folks.

#11032 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Issues I can think of are you still need a plastic ramp with turnarounds to get to the wire form, and then you would need custom mounts for the flashers that sit off the side of the plastic. Not to mention that a lot of owners have the grass/casket mods from Medisinyl that work based on the plastic.
I do worry a little bit about the ramps breaking after many years. Maybe I should reach out to my distributor and ask for the cost of those ramps/plastics. I can report back if there are any other curious folks.

For those interested, my distributor basically told me that Stern won’t let you buy these replacement parts while it is an actively produced title unless you can prove your part is broken.

#11062 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Is there a reference somewhere for removing the house? Search isn’t getting me there.

1 month later
#11318 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think the license is up. Going beyond this next run would require an extension and I doubt that will happen.

Seems like previous licenses were good for three years and I believe they started making these in November 2019. If that is the case here, and I have no idea if true, end of this year would be it.

#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

I received my EHOH in October of 2019.

I thought some folks got there pin as early as October. Now it is confirmed. License might run through the end of the year but I’m just guessing.

2 weeks later
#11395 1 year ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

Hello,
New to the Club.
I have the EHOH Premium I purchased back in Jan.2020. I am having an issue with the game intermittently will start scoring mass points sometimes billions of points without me even touching the flippers on the first ball. There is no set time when it will trigger, You can play 1 or more games with no issue and then at any give time it will start mass scoring. Have any of you had this issue with your game or may have an idea as to what could be the issue ? Thank you for any help on this.

Sounds like an out of alignment opto. Go into the test menu to see what is triggering.

1 month later
#11718 1 year ago

The turret also switches to show which enemy you are fighting in the “It came from space” wizard mode.

2 months later
#12337 1 year ago

I can’t remember the exact line but the drill sergeant-esque deadhead says something like “you are nuttier than a fucking left handed football”

1 month later
#12781 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What was the original price? These are showing as $140 for me with no discount listed.

1 week later
#12906 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Appreciate your response. Do the rib pieces connect to each other or is that not necessary?

You can run a thin piece of cabling through the ribs if you like but on my game they never move enough to need it.

4 weeks later
#13677 1 year ago
Quoted from SacPinDaddy:

Just got my Elvira today. I need some help. I can’t get the playfield to go back in place. I can’t push it back any farther. Any help will be appreciated.
[quoted image]

I had the same issue when I first got mine in early 2020. I believe it was the bundle of cables coming off the back of the playfield behind the house was bunched in such a way that it kept the playfield from sliding fully back.

2 months later
#15027 10 months ago

To add to the GF vs Elvira conversation:

Very different games as others have said. From the 12 or so games I put on GF, I think it is JJPs best game to date and shoots well. GF is harder than Elvira and is more complicated as far as rules go. The multi-balls are plenty in GF

Quoted from brzezicki:

Hello house of horrors owners.
I was asked if I'd consider making one of my "deluxe" "easy to install" armor for house of horrors.
I put up an interest thread yesterday night
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-hoh-deluxe-armor-interest-thread#post-7589526
looks like we have about 5 of the 10 needed people interested to do it.
if your interested please check out and reply to the thread.
For those of you unfamiliar with my product here's some pics of existing "snap on" armor as well as a prototype cut for the shape of the Elvira armor and the original stern armor that will serve as inspiration. Though I"m going to try to make the armor "3d" with cuts and varying layers of add on material and it won't be a direct copy (probably no spider, the web will be similar but different I may add some other figure or art to replace the spider etc.
I'm also taking ideas for what people would like to see on the armor besides the shape and a spiderweb.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be interested in seeing something gargoyle or film reel related to go with the theme.

9 months later
#17897 33 days ago

I love my EHoH as does my wife. I also have GZ premium and she is not as big a fan of that, but I think GZ is top tier. I only have room for one or two more machines max, and I was toying with the idea of landing a BM66 premium. My only concern is the layout of BM66 is so similar, at least in feel, to EHoH. The code and theme set them apart, but I wonder if it might be too samey.

Thoughts?

#17902 33 days ago

Thanks for the feedback folks. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a decently priced BM66.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
11,855 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,900 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UnholySpectacle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=UnholySpectacle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.