IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

635 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 3.
#883 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - it's the same code. If you look at the download links, you are downloading the same exact file. Stern lists the game versions individually, so you know you are getting the correct version for your game. But usually the only different version is Pro versus Premium/LE.
To verify what I'm saying, just download the file from both the LE and the SE links, and you will see they are the same file - both name and size.

Just be careful with this - in this particular case the files are the same, but not all games share the same code, and if you try to install LE code on an SE (or vice versa), it will throw an error.

1 week later
#982 4 years ago

SO has there been a Pro vs. Premium consensus as yet? I'm really interested in this game down the road

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

There is no Pro.
Premium, LE and SE all have the same playfield and game play.

Sorry - I guess I meant Premium vs LE, but you answered my question; thanks!

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I am really trying to enjoy this game, but.... the old movie clips are more dreary than fun. The animations are great, but rare compared to shitty 50 year old black and white movie clips and stills. I feel like there is a fun game hidden in there, but right now I don’t get it. I think I have heard, “they’re coming for you Barbara” about 300 times (day 4 of ownership). Am I missing something?

Nope. Looks like you need to sell your game. I’ll meet you halfway. I’m off work all of December, let’s schedule a date for pickup.

1 month later
#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Oh please she's made a career of exploiting her cleavage and body. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise. Shes been in playboy and Im sure doesnt have some taboo on sex. Its clear she enjoys being a sex symbol and the object of sexual fantasies to men. I'd bet that if Gary had deep enough pockets there could have been a topless wizard mode and we would all still respect her in the morning.

FWIW she has not actually been in playboy. You're absolutely missing the point of the character, which is that she never actually shows anything other than what the dress allows

4 weeks later
#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I love B Horror and sci fi movies and have a huge collection of them. That's the only reason I could get an elvira in my home. However some how this movie managed to elude me so I picked up a copy so I can have the context of its clips and elviras comments. It cant be that bad right? Anyone ever see Ed Woods "Orgy of the Dead?"[quoted image]

Absolutely one of the worst can’t-believe-it-was-released movies of all time! Fascinating story behind how it was made. The camera could only hold something like 25 seconds of footage, and no sound was recorded on set, so they had to overdub every single line of dialogue. A lot of the actors weren’t available or willing, so almost all of the roles were done by one or two people!

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well I think the camera was probably a winding 16mm camera. So it could only run for 25 seconds. It probably held a full roll. A lot of these also had motor attachments that you could rent or purchase to add on. But, that would have cost the person more money. But, yeah... And also back in those days you had to record sound separately. And that is why you might have seen the clappers in movies where they say the scene and take number(and its written down on it as well) and then they clap it.
They clap it down so that you have a physical(visible editing point) and also a sound editing point. That is how you merge them later in the editing booth.
But, to do that. IT would require a lot more work and setup as you'd need to have a boom operator(sound recorder) and also preferable a sound engineer to monitor the sound recording as the boom is too engaged. And then you'd have to stage and setup your shots to make sure they wouldn't get in the way or fall into the shots.
And even then with all that work. You're still going to want to ADR a lot of the stuff, as it just will actually sound better.
Anyway... Even making a crappy film is an achievement. So hats off. I tried to make a film in my youth. It wound up being great test footage. And a great learning experience... But, a very, very costly one.
Lastly. Bruce Campbell once said something along the lines of, the easiest films to make, are the hardest ones to watch. And he's right about that.

Totally agree- even making a bad movie is an achievement!

But I disagree about the technical stuff. Sound could have been done on location - double system recording was definitely being used back then (it was the 1960s, not 1925 . And don’t forget even Super 8 could record sound -on- the film stock.

the director just didn’t feel like springing for a Nagra - much like they didn’t go for a motor driven magazine loading camera, which would have let them use expanded lengths of film, AND not have to hand crank! They were just cheap bastards in over their heads

And now immortalised forever... again!

#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I had a super 8 that could record sound... But, by the time I owned it, not sure if a they still sold that film stock and b if a processing company would know how to process it.
I have shot on both 8mm and 16mm. Long time ago in film school. 8mm is fun. But, you want to make sure you have a decent camera, as it does even matter for that. I had a lens issue with one of my films and it just didn't come out at all. Waste of an entire 2 days of filming, and a couple hundred bucks.
16mm was cool. But, by the time I got around digital was really starting to take over, and I saw the writing on the wall. Anyway... Lot of fun stuff. Had a lot of good times making silly short student films. I think I might only have shot 3 times on 16mm... So I won't pretend I'm the end all know all expert.
I will just say if it was me. And if I didn't want to hassle with the sound. I would have bought some crappy sound recording device. And just recorded a base sound. So that I could get a feel for how the ADR would need to go later. But, they only had I believe 3 guys and 1 woman record all the parts in that movie. So... That was another issue.
Just reminds me of a story about Phantasm. Where the woman in lavender actress refused to do the nude scene. So they hired a body double. The mother of the actress was at a screening and she shouted out during the scene, you should have done the nude scene, your breasts are so much nicer than the ones they got... And then later the actress agreed and told Don Consgerilli the same thing. The joys of low budget film making.
4 times... I forgot about one of my films.

LOL I love that sorry! Haha .. heard Don tell it on Mick Garris’ old show (that is now a podcast) “PostMortem”

How about filming Evil Dead on 16mm and having to take out a loan to blow it up to 35mm and do their first official screening! Bruce’s book on that is a joy to read. Possibly better than Gottlieb’s (see what I did there) Jaws Log

#2153 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I was thinking the same. I think it would be too much.

Agreed - I’m looking to join the club, and Looking at a game which has the beast. besides the fact that Scared Stiff is already around these parts, it just looks like too much clutter.

Edit: clarifying that I think the Medisinyl mods are spectacular!! Just the extra bony beast seems a bit much

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay. So I just watched the Riff Trax Manos Hands of Fate on Amazon Prime.
Wow... That is one really bad movie. Thank goodness I watched the Riff Trax version of it. And really the game makes the clips so much better than what they actually are.
Just a bad, bad, bad film... But, again. Hats off to the people who made it. They made a film and that's the only positive thing you can say about that production. I do think some of the ideas aren't too bad. But, its just bad.
Glad I watched the film and while yes, its the Riff Trax version. I still think it counts.

Legit laughed out loud at this . The RiffTrax version is indeed superior to the MST3K version.

#2159 4 years ago

Hoping somebody can talk me out of why I shouldn’t make this my next game! How’s it compare to JP ?

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've only played JP one time during last years Chicago Pinball Convention in Wheeling.
I love JP. Love the toys, love the animations. Love the rules. The art package is good.
But, I think Elvira wins on that one.
And for me Elvira wins on the theme as well.
The rules right now JP wins, but Elvira is getting better. So it might be a wash on rules. One thing I do like. The newest change in unhappy hour, can really make that mode lucrative all by itself. So if you're really an amazing accurate shooter, and you don't mind chopping a lot of wood. Then hit ramp to ramp to ramp to ramp, over and over again and you'll eventually get big points.
To me. Elvira 3 is more about just having fun while playing pinball. JP I think there are probably many more strats that you could employ and alt strats for when thing go off the rails. And the layout of JP is more unique than the Elvira layout.
So... I think overall I might say JP is the better pinball machine.
But, for me and my money Elvira House of Horrors wins every time hands down. I like sex appeal, I love campy horror, and I love cheesy jokes. And I do like the silly deadheads. So agian. Elvira is just pure fun. And the machine is a better looker than the JP machine.

Well that’s about the most honest answer somebody could ask for! I don’t really have any interest in JP, but I’d be an idiot not to recognize how unique and interesting it is. The Trex is definitely amazing too. But I keep seeing more and more things in Elvira3 that pique my interest. I liked SS for quite a while,But eventually Someone With limited space like me has to move a game on. the code has taken leaps and bounds since release; and I keep thinking about Batman and its disastrous first version... and the great game that exists now.

I’m not quite cash heavy enough to buy both Elvira and CFTBL (both of which I'll eventually get again!) but man .. you said it, there is a lot to like here. It’s worlds away from Munsters

I do feel like I’m missing out on the layout.. it seems to be the same damn fan layout as every other Stern game of late - so there’s that.

I’m not getting a JP, most likely ever. Nor am I getting a JJP GNR, so...

So.. in a nutshell, I think you failed

#2175 4 years ago

Finally got to play yesterday on location. Pretty sure the game code was on something prior to .90 (maybe initial release ?). The game seemed somewhat .. slow. Lots of stop-and-go, and I’m curious if anything changed in subsequent releases. The ramps are super fun!

#2177 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, the game is a bit of stop and go. The newer code made it even more stop and go. As the final shot on the mode if its to the house, it will hold it until the mode finish video is done playing.
So... Personally you want the stop and go in this game, as thats the elvira clips. You can skip them if you wish. Sometimes I skip them. Sometimes I watch the first few seconds of it, and then skip. Just so I can get a look at the hostest with mostests best assets and then back to pinball!

Right, I wasn’t complaining about the stop and go, it was just a different experience than I expected after having watched the streams. Still played about 10 games, lots of fun shots and even though most of the shots felt familiar, there are a bunch of tricky ones (right ramp was tough to get)

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Thank you Sir Sheats:
V0.92.0 - Feb. 27, 2020
=======================
- Added a high score for TRAILER TRASH.
- Added team member initials/names for default initials for high score
to date.
- Added a lamp effect for a loop shot during GARGOYLES GONE WILD.
- Added a lamp effect for completing the gargoyles during GARGOYLES GONE
WILD.
- Added a lamp effect for the start of GARGOYLES GONE WILD.
- Added a lamp effect for the HAND OF FATE wheel award.
- Dimmed the G.I. lights during HAND OF FATE wheel select.
- Reorganized the priorities of the background display and music for the
following modes:
- HAUNTS (HOUSE MODES)
- GARGOYLES GONE WILD
- DRIVE ME CRAZY
- HAPPY HOUR
The most recent mode started will be the one with its display/music
active.
- Improved the lamp effects for HOUSE PARTY start, jackpot, and super
jackpot.
- HOUSE PARTY is now started with the GARAGE shot lit instead of the HOUSE
RAMP. When shots are re-lit after collecting a super jackpot, the GARAGE
shot is also re-lit (if necessary).
- Added instructions/text to the background for HOUSE PARTY.
- Reworked HOUSE PARTY start video to transition more smoothly to the
background.
- Marked up the "SHOUT" song during HOUSE PARTY so the video and lights
can be synced with the music. Lights on the house will flash bright and
house dancing left/right videos will be played in sync with "SHOUT" in
the music.
- Added character animations for a jackpot during HOUSE PARTY (gargoyles,
boogie men).
- Added TURRET light and spinning TURRET to HOUSE PARTY. The TURRET will
spin when the super jackpot is lit.
- Implemented ADD-A-BALL during HOUSE PARTY for the TURRET when the EYEBALL
WINDOW is facing the player (adjustable, current MAX = 1 add-a-ball).
- Added sounds for switch transitions for the TURRET opto switches during
TURRET test.
- Added speech and a new video clip for tilting during GAPPA ANGRY.
- Added an award for sneaking into the TRUNK LOCK during GAPPA ANGRY when
there is already a ball locked there. All jackpots are collected and
the lock for the current level is awarded.
- Added an award for the BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT during GAPPA ANGRY. One
jackpot is awarded.
- Improved the ball serve sequencing during GAPPA ANGRY. The ball is now
served after the BALL LOCKED text has finished and immediately before the
video plays.
- The Haunt-O-Meter has been re-enabled for SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE
MARTIANS.
- Fixed an issue with SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS where the image
chosen for the Haunt-O-Meter was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue with SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS where occasionally
the second stage background videos wouldn't play when they should.
- SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS now shows the final jackpot value
during the second stage.
- Added a lamp effect for EXTRA BALL.
- Moved the EXTRA BALL text down in the display effect so more of the
animation can be seen.
- Added a lamp effect for EXTRA BALL LIT.
- Added a lamp effect for MATCH.
- Added additional award sounds for POOL PARTY, DANCE FEVER, MAKE-OUT
MAYHEM, SCREAM TEST, and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
- Added additional video clips to DANCE FEVER (these are mostly from THE
WILD WOMEN OF WONGO).
- Added bats to the beginning and end of the videos for the start of ATTIC
ATTACK.
- Fixed an issue with the speech at the start of ATTIC ATTACK (did not
line up correctly).

Holy crap. But when will the turret turn!

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

- Added TURRET light and spinning TURRET to HOUSE PARTY. The TURRET will
spin when the super jackpot is lit.

What! Zing. Damn it is getting hard not to order this game. I reached out to GAP but no response really; I may try their website directly

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Greg Freres (sp?) worked super hard on this game.
Maybe more so than Dennis?
I don't know, I'm just a programmer...
I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

Thanks for working so hard on this yourself!

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Wow. Thanks for the response.
I know I'm not in person to tell you this or give you my thanks.
But, I'm really enjoying this game and the code. And I really think this game is something special. You really made it feel like we're watching a late night horror show. And you've improved on some of the HORRIBLE movies.
Thank you for your hard work, and thank you for the many, many hours of enjoyment I've had on this pin, and the many, many more that are sure to come.
Thank you.

100% agree! This Game absolutely nailed the Movie Macabre show feel, and it is FUN to boot!

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, it’s official. Just mailed the check for Elvira. This is far and away the most I’ve ever spent on a game, so hopefully the journey will be worth it!

Who’s your distributor? I thought I was buying one from GAP but he’s been unresponsive

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Plan on joining the club today. Before I head out to pick one up nib just making sure no current owner wants to sell me theirs. Got cash in hand.
Also is there a consensus?
Mirror blades,
Or artblades?

Where can you go just to pick one up NIB?!

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Pinside Market...?

I mean physically go

#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks for the opinion driving as I speak to pick mine up. R Doyle I'll send you a p.m. in a little bit where the other ones at.

Found one dude . Just joined the club this afternoon! LE #383!

#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!

now to update... game is on 0.86

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Try the game on the old code.. You will see how much has been added in the last couple of code update.
Game rocks! We love ours.[quoted image]

good idea! just played about 5 games. I played on location earlier this week and sealed the deal when I saw all the updates going on. About to update to .92... ! the amount of updates is nuts this week

#2260 4 years ago

All right

So I’m all set up now.. I’m getting this annoying sticking with the flipper buttons - I know I’ve seen comments about this. What’s the fix?

And how do I know if I need the skill shot fix? I’m not sure if I’m just not plunging right or if I need the fix, but I’ve made it only once

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I don't recall seeing anything about this. Could you be more specific?

Which version of the machine do you have and what is the manufacture date?

Sure - the flipper buttons physically stick and have a tiny delay when popping back out after I push them. I’m figuring there is some sort of plastic burr on them I’ll have to shave off. Normally I’d just replace them but since this is an LE I’d rather keep it stock

Manufacture date November

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My right button had a minor stick to it sometimes. I did pop it off and back on.. That didn't help.
But, after many, many, many hours of use. It no longer sticks anymore. And works great...
Hey guys. Don't know if this is an issue with the code or my game.
But, when I got the house lit and shot the house. The diverter is not in the right spot. And it goes to the orbit. It also won't start the house mode.
Sometimes it happens on the first ball. So if I do something like start a mb or even drain the ball and start the next ball. Then the next time I shoot the house it works and starts the mode.
This is beyond frustrating. And I had my brother over for 2 player play, and it was happening all the time between us quite frequently.
Never had this issue until I updated to .90... I was hoping this was resolved in .91 and definitely .92... As stated I am updated to .92
Just curious if you think its a physical issue or an issue with the code.

I can start a mode on the first shot to the house - subsequent modes take more than 1 shot to activate the house. Assuming you are on standard settings and difficulty, this does sound possibly physical.

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I totally know what you're talking about. The buttons Stern uses are cheap. Just buy another set from Marco or anybody else realIy. I bought the clear light up buttons from Comet. Problem fixed.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-flipper-button-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3923f66b3&_ss=r

I have a bunch of extras from a restore job - maybe i'll just pop in some red or purple translucent ones. thanks for confirming this is indeed a thing!

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Your game should have the proper guides.

Thanks for the confirmation! I waxed this morning and tried to confirm but it looks like you have to remove the house

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Unfortunately, you really can't see them without removing the house.
If you can see this piece of metal between the house and the ramp, you should be okay.[quoted image]

Quoted from SKWilson:

Unfortunately, you really can't see them without removing the house.
If you can see this piece of metal between the house and the ramp, you should be okay.[quoted image]

Nice!! I will check when I get home tonight

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. Got confirmation on the updated guide rails. Machines had the updated rails starting in December. Anything built prior (September, October, November) would need the update kit.

damn it! LOL

Couple questions:

* What's the process for getting the update? I've not had to do that before.

* Also, my "Garg-Oil-Gauge" 250K insert does not light. If I am understanding correctly, does this mean I need a whole new board?

* Has anyone installed a shooter land protector? PinballLife has a special one for EHoH - is this specific one required for the game? Or would a generic Stern one fit?

* Last thing: is the latest code .92 or .93? Stern has .92 on the site but I've seen .93 several places, more than made me think it may not be a typo.

thanks!

#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Go to sternpinball.com > Support > Contact Us and send an e-mail to PARTS. Include your name, address, serial number and request the Elvira Update Kit.

I assume you've put the lights in test. Just for fun I would make sure all the cables to that board are seated well. If you've checked everything, I would call Stern for assistance and possibly a replacement board. Hopefully there is something more simple that can be done.

I'm looking at PBL and I see the shooter eject protectors (there are 2). Are those what you're referring to? If so, I would go with the Cliffy.

The current code is .92. I saw someone posted a (poor) joke referencing .93 because the updates keep coming fairly quickly.

Thx for the replies! I have checked the board and seated everything, so it kinda just looks like a bad board.

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The answer I got from Stern was that the December builds had the new guides.
Neil, it's the Elvira Update Kit.

I also received this confirmation today from Pablo @Stern.

He also stated that they are OOS in this but expect more by the end of the week. Perhaps it was a big order and everyone’s will go out

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I just ordered both a large order from Pinball Life and from Cliff ('cliffy's'). I can confirm from his email that the protector listed on PBL is not Cliff's. It may be 100% functional of course but I ordered the left and right eject protectors and a few others through Cliff.

That sucks. I kinda wish they would not use the term “Cliffy” then. My original question was asking whether or not the protector in question is specific to Elvira. Kinda seems like yes.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

One would assume that it is specific to EHOH as it is written that way but it also says; "Product ID: EHOH_cliffy_shooter" and it is not a cliffy.
I really like PBL but I personally think that is not cool. I just decided to go with the pro on this one.

agreed on all points..

#2315 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

oops[quoted image][quoted image]

What happened ? Can you force the game to install the wrong code ?

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From SOTU:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.92.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

Holy crap. Lyman is on a roll!!

#2330 4 years ago

You downloaded AND installed the full code by mistake? I understand possibly downloading the wrong code.
But then you need to copy it to a USB drive. You didn't notice the file was named "stranger_things...spk.zip" and not "elvira3...spk.zip". That's a little hard to believe.
Doesn't really matter as long as you avoided any damage to your game.

The end. It was posted partly as a joke. Back on topic.

#2339 4 years ago

All right. So my house shot is consistently not capturing the ball - I hit the shot, it registers, and then it DRAINS SDTM! Sometimes I can nudge it and save it, but I’ve lost a lot of balls watching the screen

I’m also getting a lot of drains when the ball comes out of the pops from the left. Those I can’t save, it’s pretty annoying! Any suggestions? Game seems level

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Make sure it's level.

LOL. Will check again. I feel like this game got overlooked because of the outstanding JP, but even though it’s the usual fan layout, the code on this game is awesome, and I can get a pretty damn good flow going on it.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL. Will check again. I feel like this game got overlooked because of the outstanding JP, but even though it’s the usual fan layout, the code on this game is awesome, and I can get a pretty damn good flow going on it.

Hmm... nope. Is there something unique about the house diverter ? I see some settings in the menu but not sure what I should change. Damn frustrating.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Might be not as widespread on location as there is no 'pro' model. Also, BM66 did not get super popular until more of the code was complete and then its popularity jumped. These are just guesses.

Excellent point. The code is already miles beyond where B66 was at this point. That game also had the unfortunate fate of being the first $12k game for the SE. There’s only ONE EHOH on location in Washington DC, and it’s a premium, naturally.

Studying the playfield last night it seems like there are some cool opportunities with the Skeleton key and the potion and those other collectible things. Not sure what they do yet beyond the key but there’s huge potential

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And the key has to have something more to it than just Santa's mode. I mean... Great mode. But, why would that be the only mode it opens up. I really hope you can switch mode tiers or something later on and so it could open up more than just santa.

If you look at the original release info, they have something like 20 movies in the plans - some additional secret modes are supposed to be unlocked via the key, though just what remains to be seen!

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like your house diverter needs to be reset manually. Mine got loose and wouldn’t position correctly. Tighten it up in the back

Aah thanks! I will check it out tonight. After fiddling with the leveling, it does seem something mechanical

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey gang, I'm interested in getting some responses from you all about code progression to this point. I'm really starting to like what I'm reading about the code updates, and what I've watched on YouTube. It appears the game is becoming 'Funner' to play and a little more challenging (and rewarding) from a shooting standpoint, taking it beyond just the theme aspect, which is still important of course.
Has Stern also resolved the skill shot diverter issues completly along with balls getting stuck in the garage? Not sure about exact issues as I haven't gone back very far in this thread yet.
Convince me I need this game

There’s a kit for the skill shot. 2 new guides, if I recall correctly. Not sure how it got past the line in the state it’s in, but they already have a fix. Annoying, but it doesn’t look all that hard to install.

I have no info on balls getting stuck in the garage - that has not occurred on my game.

#2373 4 years ago

Finally have a chance to check out the haunted house mech and see why I'm getting the drains. Seems like the house isn't that hard to disassemble, although I need a LOOOONG nut driver. Wish me luck.

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just recently I started to have a little trouble with Elvira. When ever I started a mode the ball would just come out of the house and it didn’t lock(hold) the ball. This was a bit frustrating because as she was talking and all the GI lighting was dimmed the ball would be hard to see and cause unwanted drains. So I took a look at what keeps the ball locked(A post that’s always down) and it was actually binding on the edge which wouldn’t allow it to go back to the down position. I loosened up two screws and realigned the post and now it’s working like as it should. Hope this helps.[quoted image][quoted image]

HA! I was just about to post the same thing. ^^ make that a key post

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

2 times now I had the problem of shooting the house and the ball gets “stuck” in the house, if i look inside i see the ball at the end of the ramp stuck. No matter how much i shake it won’t come loose. i have to remove the glass, tilt the playfield to get it loose again...
Anyone know this issue ? And whats the fix ?

This happened to me yesterday as well - ball gets stuck on the left side of the house, under the ramp. Obviously there needs to be a deflector in there somewhere.

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I had a ball get stuck at the 1-way gate, is there a fix for that ?
Thanks

The gate doesn't need to be very strong, and the way it comes from the factory, it's holding the gate closed too tightly. You need to slightly bent the little spring steel flap that holds it closed. You can test it by ensuring the ball passes through with even the smallest amount of momentum. It should stay closed if you place the ball motionless against the gate.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Welcome to the club! Your machine should have the updated ball guides.
I'm intrigued by the ball going through the back door and being released from the cellar without scoring. I believe there is a vertical opto at the entrance to the house from the back door. Perhaps there is an issue with it. I would suggest going into switch test and check to see if it is working/registering.

That is certainly possible the Opto got messed up. when removing the house, I noticed a few sets of wires right near the leftmost hole where you screw the house to the playfield. One of the wires powering the opto has been flattened by the metal House “leg”. I could certainly see them getting broken off

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Sorry, late to the party here. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you do need to affix the sockets with (included) wood screws that go into the inside of the cabinet. There are other similar screws (from the factory) throughout the cabinet that help to organize the wiring harness. You do not need a drill...putting strong force while turning in the screw with 1/4 hex driver hand tool is enough to get it in.
Also...about the sticking flipper buttons...
This happens on all my modern Stern machines as well. As far as I can tell, what happens is the lip of the button shaft gets a little worn, which enables it to feed into the tube that the lip is there to prevent it from going into. It seems to eventually happen on many of the replacement buttons I've found as well.
The fix is to use a 1/4" e-clip on the shaft of the button, just inside the lip. This prevents the lip from wedging itself into the tube. (Sorry, this is the best way to describe it without pics).
Actually, hang on...I have a pic. I've been doing this on all my NIB Stern machines on location and it's faster, cheaper, and more effective than replacing the buttons. You can do it without taking anything apart.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a great idea, Ryan, and not too hard to install

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How can you tell if your game has or doesn't have the skill shot fix, and if it's even needed? I can make the back door shot, it's not easy, but if I plunge correctly it works.

If you can make it AT ALL, you probably have it. It's basically impossible without the updated guide. My game is also a late November LE but has the shorter (incorrect) guide, so they must have started switching over right around then.

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

DECEMBER per stern they were being installed at factory - not before

Right. Late November is totally different.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You must have already had it then. The parts are noticeably different side by side.

as seen here:

https://images.pinside.com/2/01/2010dff7cc1b06ff7132efba03eec232b09fceb1/resized/large/2010dff7cc1b06ff7132efba03eec232b09fceb1.jpg

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I was just told by Stern that all premiums have the skill shot correction. I guess I need more practice.

All premiums built at the end of 2019 - not ALL, all.

#2430 4 years ago

I was told today, “Per our engineering team, All Premium games have this update installed.”

Well that’s confusing. Does that mean the LE is run with a different bin of parts?

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

No, but they were not built concurrently. For EHoH the LEs were assembled first, followed by the SEs. The premiums were assembled last. At some point somebody realized the back door was too difficult and they engineered a fix for it. It could be that they already had the original parts, and, to keep the line going, used them until the new parts arrived. Or, they could have redesigned the parts after the LEs began to reach the owners. Who knows when the decision to make the change happened? I'm just glad it did. It would have been nice if they had issued an actual service bulletin documenting the affected machines, however.

That is pretty interesting. Man I need to go on one of the Stern tours one of these days!

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is annoying that we have to find out about game issues/fixes second hand. Stern probably has most of our email addresses. How hard could it be to send out an email that says “if your game was built after this date, you need this fix/kit“? I’d prefer that they would proactively send stuff out, but that’s less practical.
But I do miss the actual service bulletins. Don’t understand why they have been practically non-existent in the last few years.

Do they ever cover this type of stuff in the Stern of the Union? Seems like a useful way to distribute info

#2452 4 years ago

Still loving this game! it’s great that there are so many choices at the start, cuts down on the wood chopping.

Anybody have suggestions for strategies yet? The scoring seems a bit unbalanced, especially for the Drive me Crazy and Unhappy Hour Modes. Is there a multiplier for those somehow? (Other than double trouble I guess)

What I’ve been doing is going for Wild Women multiball right out of the gate - i usually gets 2x or 4x playfield multiplier and suddenly the score is in the 80million range without even starting a mode

My other strategy was initially to try to beat 2 Head family members and light the EB so I can make it to house party - but it’s a bit risky - I usually drain before I beat the 2nd one.

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am currently out of town and will reaffirm when I get back. Without taking the house off, I took a Long straw and put it down into the back door and the switch registered. Is there another switch I need to check? I haven’t tried reinstalling the code. The answer to 2&3 is no.
Thanks for your help everyone,
Jason

Did I see that someone mentioned the callouts are missing in .92?

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Complete both 3-banks to light Double Trouble in the in-lanes. Roll over the lit in-lane (movable by flipping) to start 2x. Do it again (while 2x is running) to start 4x.

Happens pretty quickly during multiballs

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

'Any future updates are now on hold for the time being due to uncertain situation concerning the Corona virus . This will ensure staff are secure as all our employees safety is of the utmost importance in the company.'

Where’s that from?

#2479 4 years ago

Just had an outstanding game, made it to Gappa angry.. then pinball happened.

Saw Pool Party for the first time, though I drained before I started it. Lots of secrets in this game!

Installing the skill shot fix today too..

4EF43470-A19B-4C39-BEA7-4971988E1A32 (resized).jpeg4EF43470-A19B-4C39-BEA7-4971988E1A32 (resized).jpeg
#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

How do you guys get these scores?!

One out of 100, just had 1 really great ball

#2490 4 years ago

Mine is set to defaults - 3 balls, only extra ball given if you complete 2 deadheads or 2 haunts. I usually can't get past about 20 million, but on those occasions where I have a crazy good ball, all of a sudden I'm in 200 million territory. Getting to house party is huge, and the Garage multiballs can be really high scoring. But I only get that in about 1 of every 20 games. The game is a bit easier than say POTC or JP. Hopefully there will be further updates. The code is already pretty good, but I'm hopeful for some more surprises.

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Hi all,
I've had an Elvira HOH for about a month now and love it. It's a perfect mate for my Scared Stiff.
Anyway's I have a couple issues that I can't work out. I've searched this thread and it's so long that I'm having trouble finding the answers if any.
First, I've seen a few mentions about a Skill Shot Ball Guide kit. I don't know if this would help my issue or not. I can't find any posts about the issues I have that it could fix. Perhaps I just haven't looked enough.
Anyway, I have one frustrating issue with the skill shot behind the house. If I plunge the ball too softly the ball will hang up on the gate above the pops that sits behind the right side of the house. I have to shake the pin to get it to drop out into the pops. I've tried to make adjustments by bending the gate but nothing helps. Any advice on how I can fix this or if this kit mentioned helps? If you can point me to this skill shot ball guide kit it would be welcomed. Perhaps I need that anyways.
Secondly, the Dead Head kick out Vac. Sometimes it kicks the ball out OK and other times it will just keep kicking the ball several times before it finally feebly spits the ball out. I've tried to adjust the vac bracket by bending it a little and that helped a little but did not eliminate the problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance for any help on these issues.

You’ll have To look closer at the issue with the gate but the VUK can be adjusted in the menu

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m having the same issue.
Looking at the VUK mechanism, there is zero room for play or adjustment. I added 2 washers to the mech to adjust the angle of the ejected ball. My thought was that the ball was hitting the eject, absorbing the energy and not kicking out as intended.
Anyway, it helped only a little. I added 2 additional washers and that made it worse, so I went back.
I also tried to adjust the power. 255 is the max, and the default. Anything lower makes it worse.
I’d love to hear from anyone else that has a better fix.

Have you tried bending the VUK hood? A tiny bit one way or the other can make a huge difference

#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Thanks for the advice. I have tried adjusting the VAK power in the menu for the DH eject. I found the best setting I could at that time. I'll tinker with it again to see if I can get it set closer. I have not bent the VAC hood yet. I'll try that next. Also I'll try to loosen up the bracket and move it around a little to see if I can get it centered better. Thanks.
This Dead Head Crypt eject design looks a lot like the DE Star Trek 25th computer hole eject setup. Same solenoid bracket. That damn ST25 computer hole has plagued me for years on my ST25 pin. It most always ejects the ball STDM when it ejects the ball. When I saw that bracket on my Elvira HOH I about lost it.

Make sure you try both bending it up (to widen the gap) and down when you test. The curve of the hood has to be within a certain range. Too tight And the ball can't escape but also too loose and the ball will hit the hood awkwardly and fall back down

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

What's the VUK fix? Feel free to share more information, please.

Ditto. What’s the fix?

#2519 4 years ago

Thanks guys! I had assumed it was a physical piece. Good to know. Looks like just a screw and some adjustment

#2540 4 years ago

So... code update ?

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

We used to be a fairly exclusive club...now it seems everybody's catching on to how good EHoH is.

So now it's time for a code update!

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I wouldn't be surprised if this month's code update is delayed. Would be nice, though.

I'm expecting that to be the case.. just would be a nice surprise

#2557 4 years ago

What a huge update! Only one Haunt added but it looks like quite a bit of scoring changes. Awesome!

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Added this tree. Currently on the fence as to whether its "too much"[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the tree from? That looks great!

I’m not a fan of the ghost thing. Doesn’t fit the game really.

I’ve been on the lookout for a Grim Reaper figures like the one on the dashboard of the Macabre Mobile in the movie (mistress of the dark)

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I've heard rumor of 26 titles planned for the game. If true, I'll never sell this machine.
I want to put a clear MST3K logo over the moon in the back (turning it into the logo, but not obstructing the light.
Anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Ooh no.. dude

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The acronyms present in the adjustements settings menu could give us indications on the list of the movies modes that are probably in work in progress at the moment:
ABOB: A Bucket Of Blood (1959)
AOTGL: Attack Of The Giant Leeches (1959)
EEGAH: Eegah (1962)
MTHOF: Manos: The Hands Of Fate (1966)
NOTLD: Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
SCCTM: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (1964)
TBTWD: The Brain That Wouldn’t Die (1962)
TFOS: Teenagers From Outer Space (1959)
TGGM: The Giant Gila Monster (1959)
TKS: The Killer Shrews (1959)
TM: The Manster (1959)
TSROD: The Satanic Rites Of Dracula (1973)
TWOW: The Werewolf Of Washington (1973)

I believe these are the modes / films represented in the artwork

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The shaker isn’t that active in the game. I mainly notice it when completing a mode or a dead head.
Not sure on the turret, but as someone asked, does it spin in test mode? If not, check connections under the playfield.

Give it time! Lyman will deliver

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Where did you get the scared stiff style bones for the ramp?

Theyre Scared Stiff parts

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from krustykramer:

Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Sorry - this has been answered a number of times, it's hard to keep track! It should be marked a key post if not already.

#2614 4 years ago

God bless that lady. That was like everything in one little 2 minute clip

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Thanks I didn’t know that. I guess what I am asking for is that all of the haunts that need a skeleton key should be available when you have the key. Then have the next haunts requiring 2 keys.

I'm guessing the keys, the potion, the ray gun, (what's the other thing you can collect?) have a purpose that's not been coded yet. Obviously the keys open up additional modes, but there rules card has a reference to firing the ray gun that I don't think you can do yet. Looking forward to "don't look in the basement" and the other upcoming modes!

#2640 4 years ago

I've heard rumors all over the place, I DM'd Mr. Sheets but he didn't respond.
How many movies are going to be in the game? I've heard 26 movies (the ones that are in the movie posters of that set of side blades) and I've heard just what's set aside in the menus. What has anyone else heard?

I don’t remember the number but there are at least 3 more specifically named. “Don’t go in the basement”, “the Giant leeches” and one more I can’t think of. There are also several other Multiballs. I don’t thinj 26 MODES (“haunts”) but maybe 26 total. The movies are all the public domain ones from the 2010 run of Elvira’s Movie Macabre, so you can check there for other ideas...

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I love scared stiff... I have yet to get the stiff o meter filled though. I think the Translite and possibly playfield might be better in SS. Cooler ramps for sure in SS. I do enjoy the playfield art a bit better in SS too. Crate is a cool toy, and great integration with the pinball cab art. However... As much as its brilliant, and it is some of the best theme integration ever... I wish it had Elvira on the side... But, then again, with that Translite on SS, you really don't need another pinup of her, cos that is the best one of the series.
I think EHOH is however a better game already, and once the code is finished, it'll be even BETTER! I also hope one day to own a SS... Just don't want to plunk 7k down right now for one.
Heck, I gotta get my EATPM working before I buy any more pinballs.

I love the look, the theme, the toys, the fun shots on SS (those ramps!). But I don’t love playing it. It got old after about a week. Really bad news, as that was the wife’s favorite Game. So I got E3!

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Any Topper for EHOH, Official or Custom MUST have Elvira on her Couch...there is simply no other way to have it. That is where we expect to see her and only adds to theme integration. Given Stern seems to now be in the "Topper" business, it only makes sense to produce a High Quality Topper for this machine....if they can do it for Munsters, Star Wars, others, then they can certainly do it for an amazing game like Elvira House of Horrors. The whole Tombstone concept needs to be shit-canned.

I’m willing to bet Stern was taken by surprise by the success of this game. Isn’t it a contract job or whatever they call it ?

#2691 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

See I'm curious about what the designers actually intended though, because if they wanted it to hit the sling then I'd like to leave it like that but if they intended it to hit the left flipper then I would adjust mine. I think I may email Pablo at Stern, maybe he would have some into on how it's supposed to be.

I can't, in a million years, imagine that hitting the sling so clunkily is what Dennis Nordman intended. EATPM, SS, Indy500, even Demo man - none of them have shots that come out like that on purpose

#2697 4 years ago

I mean maybe you guys are right, it's just bizarre to me that the guys that created the game would play it live on the reveal with the ball hitting the sling, when that was never their intent. You'd think they would have taken a few seconds to adjust the orbit ramp, go figure.

Totally fair point - but if I Recall correctly, Lyman was the only Stern guy playing the game, and he is A) so good I doubt he even noticed, and B) had just tried to get a code update ready in time for that stream, and wasn’t able to get it quite finished.

So I doubt he was thinking about the slings. I’m betting he was thinking “Man... I wish I’d had all those new modes added and bugs fixed... and this is a BIG reveal for the company! ... and I better not DRAIN!!”

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

I hope he puts in a super duper wizard mode. I’m sure it will be in there. I’ve only finished gappa one time. When you get to the last ball lock on gappa it can be intense. It can be hard to get 4 haunts done. If u need dead heads you can bash away with the right flipper. Trailer trash is where some big points are. I got a 120 million one time. As for me all the shots are smooth as silk. All of them! not one clunker. I like long ball times. This game gives them. game is bolted to the floor. I wish this team would do another pin together.
Can you tell I love this game!
This game and Jurassic park are Hopefully the new normal from stern. Good shooters.
Well then there is stranger things. It gets a lot of hate. I’ve flipped it. Is it’s not that bad. Is it great? My opinion is no.

How did you get 120 million on trailer trash?!

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

hit on his sister and ate a Mayo sandwich?

LOL what the what?

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Stack a higher scoring mode with a multiball and 4x playfield running.[quoted image]

Gotcha - did not know that could carry over

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Anyone want to tell me their thoughts on Octoberfest. I’m thinking about getting one. I’ve played it a few times. I like the layout. The animations are not great. I asked on the October page only got a few answers. I’m drawn to it for some strange reason
My Batman never shot well. I tried to tweak it but never could get what I wanted.

(Wrong thread?) It’s fun, it’s SUPER deep, and the AP team put a huge amount of thought into the rules. The mechs apparently take some time to get dialed in.

#2727 4 years ago

If I’m reading this correctly, 2 new modes added! New Frankenstein deahead! And lady Frankenstein ! Outstanding

#2730 4 years ago

Installing in 5, 4, 3...

Rob Stone you may get some parts from me. Outstanding work start to finish.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Hell yeah man been awhile

Yep. School and kids will do that

You’re still the f’n master!

#2738 4 years ago

I can wait to install this update. Lady Frankenstein !

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

oh how do you collect a turret side? sorry not played this one in a while as we don't own it yet and with social distancing rules can't exactly go to my friend's to play it. we were going to buy it this spring then coronavirus happened.

Shoot the house while the eyeball is showing

#2745 4 years ago

i swear, this game gets HARDER with every release! (that's a good thing). When I was first playing .91, I was able to make it through a lot of modes and areas of the game, (although I had also added extra balls when hitting score levels), and I swear I can barely START 3 modes in a game now. This is such a great package

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, EHOH came out in October...7 months ago (mine has a build date of 1 Oct so I am counting October) and since then the code has gone from .83 to .94...11 code updates in just 7 months. I am not sure what I will do when the code is finished...seeing what is new has become part of the joy of owning this game.

And there’s still a ways to go - several movies have still not been added

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I am having the same issue. I am not clear on which two screws that you loosened to realign the post. Is it accessible without taking anything apart? Your information is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Mine occasionally has this problem as well. I had checked it and (thought) I had fixed. I do remember a post a few pages ago about it. If I'm not mistaken, the post is accesible behind the back wall of the playfield. You don't need to remove anything to get to it, just pull out the PF

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Tonight I will be streaming the installation of Mezelmods' 25-piece CLiP protector set for EHoH.
Feel free to stop in and chat. You might even be able to help me figure out where three of the pieces go!
9:15 pm cdt www.twitch.tv/pridepinball
[quoted image]

I’ve been thinking about getting that kit. How does it compare to the other plastic protector
Kit they have listed? I couldn’t quite figure it out, other than the color

#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

and the price difference.

Indeed. I think the expensive one has 20 or so pieces, and the other one seemed to be fewer. So that kinda makes sense, but I still don't get the overall difference

#2773 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

One kit is only for the slingshots and lane guides (4 pieces). The larger kit I'm installing is for almost every plastic piece (25 pieces).

Aah ok, thanks! So it literally is just a larger set, they don’t seem to be different for any other reason. I prefer the green ones - too bad it’s a smaller set!

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I like the green but it seems that green is everywhere these days and on everything (I have even seen it on Tron...ugg), some purples or blues would be nice...I would prefer a medium purple or a blood red for EHOH....Also, it would be nice if they cut out the centers so that the color doesn't bleed though and alter the image on the respective plastic. I picked up a set for my Munster's last year at TPF that were cut out, green on the lane guides and purple on the slings...very happy with the appearance.[quoted image]

Purple would be nice too! There's a LOT of red on my LE, so I wouldn't mind a bit of contrast.

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

For Elvira .92 code in Pinball browser, does anybody know which video script is video for Tilt animation? Tilt animation is not very small like floating deadheads, so I think it's there. I looked at 350 videos so far, without finding Tilt video yet.
Thanks in advance.

Can’t help you with the Tilt animation exactly, but FYI .94 is out and they posted the full image this time, you may want to check it out!

#2782 4 years ago

Doesn't "Unknown firmware" message appear upon opening .94 version?

Aah, I forgot about that. I have not actually opened .94 in PinballBrowser. I will try that tonight

#2788 4 years ago

Olivier told me that Elvira is unable to be opened due to it's big size. But Elvira may be unable to be opened due to both size and Stern's encrypting.
BTW, where you heard that Stern is encrypting contents?

Oliver confirmed in the PinballBrowser thread

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

If I remember correctly, once you complete the Hand of Fate wheel, the Super Hand of Fate wheel will appear in the bottom right of the UI. Hitting the Hand of Fate targets will stop the wheel and add that amount to the super jackpot which is collected from the left outlane. You can keep hitting the targets to add to the jackpot. It's been awhile since I achieved this, so I'm a little fuzzy. Without seeing it, I don't know what the double zero is.

I got Super Hand of Fate once, and I believe you have to light the targets one last time, which will start the mode. There wasn't much to it, if I recall correctly. It lit, I think there were some shots (or maybe just one jackpot) and that was about it. It was pretty big though - 35M in my game for the one shot

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So you have to lose your ball to collect the hof jackpot, seems kind of odd. Does it give it back like a ball save?

If you select “ball save” , or one of the Extend Multiball choices when you Drain. Otherwise you basically have to collect during a multiball

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. Seems like that needs a fix. Your reward for beating a wizard mode and collecting jackpots is losing your ball. Have we seen that anywhere else in pinball?

I dunno - I was thinking about it from the other side: when draining you get a last ditch effort to retain your ball, or at least gain a couple million bonus points. There's so much else to do in the game, this seems like one of those super tough goals that you're not normally supposed to reach (maybe like 666 mode in Monster Bash, or perhaps the Spider wheel in SS)

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

After having messed around with that thing, is it possible to change the alignment? The way mine is now the skull doesnt quite make it out as far as is intended.
Also: mod community please come up with something elegant to kill the light bleed from the crypt. I've tried realigning my roof panels and still get a large amount of bleed out of the right side.

Thin adhesive foam works wonders

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I never noticed any light bleed out the side. We have a nice sign that covers the front and we offer a spotlight add on that is interactive with the crypt flasher so I would think it would wash out any light bleed.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

That sign is a must have for this game, it’s not even a question

#2841 3 years ago

Here are the rules for Attic Attack as of 0.94.
For Attic Attack, there are two parts:
Part 1:
To bring the monster to life, you make 5 jackpot shots and then the Super Jackpot on the center ramp. (This shows the scene from Lady Frankensten of the monster destroying the Doctor.)
Part 2:
Monster on a rampage,
a) All jackpots lit, flashing. Make 1 jackpot shot and the center ramp jackpot will light up flashing and all other jackpot shots will turn solid; the turret will start to spin continuously.
b) You can continue to shoot jackpots on the shots or you can shoot the center ramp for super jackpot.
c) If you shoot the center ramp for super jackpot, the game will remember which side the turret was on (Elvira, Eyeball, Bats, Spider) when the shot was made and that "side" will not be available next time. You will have to time the shot for the super jackpot next time to coincide with a side of the turret you have not made yet. (This is Lady Frankenstein and Thomas destroying the monster.)
d) Go to a) until all sides of the turret have been made unavailable.
e) Left loop and right loop are lit for "bonus", this is the monster being defeated and the villagers setting fire to the castle.
Each new a) requires one additional shot, and c) the super jackpot now has a variety of video instead of the same scene of Thomas clubbing the monster to death.

Cool! I still have not made it to Attic Attack. Looking forward to seeing that soon -

I do hope Lyman adds a couple more 'regular' modes too, to break it up. It would be great to have 6 or more regular modes to randomly start, along with the 'secret' Santa Claus and Gila Monster modes.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Has Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing from "Satanic Rites if Dracula" made an appearance in the game yet?

Not yet. I think there are scenes in the video file already but not in-game

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Joining the club this week (I hope), my pin is in transit from Texas to me in Michigan. Should arrive Thursday. I haven’t played this game since Expo last fall, when my first impression was “beautiful haunted house, fun theme and art package, somewhat vanilla ramps/shots, limited code.” I have been reading for weeks that the code is stellar now, and still not quite finished. Would most people say this game is night and day different compared to when it was launched? Also, how common are people finding the VUK alignment problem? Is this pretty much an across the board design problem, or does it vary from pin to pin? I would like to be prepared to deal with any adjustments, essential mods, etc., when mine arrives. Thanks!

I was super disappointed by the reveal and the initial code. The .92 (I think?) update was a game changer. The 2 subsequent updates have been even better. More surprises, and there appears to be quite a bit more to come.

It’s not a crazy wild new layout like JP, but it’s only my second “fan layout” game, and I think it’s considerably harder than MB. And my wife plays it almost every night ! Never happened with any pin before (she did kinda like SS for a while but it passed)

I actually like the ramps - I wish they were wire forms but they add a LOT of spin to then all which makes it react strangely, and so you have more unpredictability than expected.

The VUK isn’t an issue on mine. I think the biggest issue are those SDTM drains sometimes when the ball comes out of the pops from the left. (Oh and the skill shot doesn’t work on mine, but it used to do I need to check that...)

#2877 3 years ago

I just played a game last night and made
It to house Party on 0.95 - I am pretty sure the turret was Turning. It is a key part of that mode since the add a ball depends on which part of the turret is facing you.

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the license they got for the game was based on the revived Elvira Movie Macabre series from 2010-2011. This contained 26 public domain movies. So far all the haunts in the game are from those 26 movies.
They released a DVD boxset, Elvira Movie Macabre Coffin Collection, containing all 26 films with the Elvira segments that is now out of print. At one point you could get it for as low as $30, now it sells on Ebay for hundreds. Some of the streaming services have some if the Elvira episodes available.
The films are public domain so if you just want to watch the films themselves without the Elvira stuff you should be able to find them for free on the web or youtube.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 also had episodes with a lot of those films. Should be able to find those online or as DVD's as well
amazon.com link »

This is correct - Shout Factory also has a number of the Original Movie Macabre episodes on their website:

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/videos?utf8=✓&commit=submit&q=Elvira

#2920 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – MAY 2020:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.95.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

Unbelievable. I think this may actually be the game I have the most fun playing. Had a killer one last night, finally started Satanic Rites of Dracula, and blew it on Gappa, so I got pool party. And the Pinball happened.

Do most games get this many updates? We’ve had multiple per month for a while now.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And the update will presumably include a new adjustment that seems interesting. While I am learning a new game I usually set it to 5 balls/game. This may be another option. If I don’t use one of them, I’ll never get to experience anything but a fraction of the cool stuff Lyman has in Batman or Elvira ...
“ Stern continuously looks to improve our systems and features available to our customers. Moving forward, all Stern games will include the unique system adjustment TARGET_GAME_TIME. The TARGET_GAME_TIME standard adjustment is only accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME adjustment is enabled. TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has a guaranteed amount of play time per game. The TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled). When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be used for each ball in play. When TARGET_GAME_TIME is enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of BALL_SAVE_TIME seconds. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver which is 25% of the (TARGET_GAME_TIME – player_game_time). The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME – player_game_time).’

Interesting numbers they're using here. The setting is obviously aimed at ops.

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I played both and Stranger Things is no comparison i played on location and everybody loved Elvira. And that was months ago with very early code. Stranger things in my opinion was worse than The Munsters. Elvira is as good as JP2.

(As predicted given the thread), I have to agree. There are so many different paths and approaches you can take on Elvira, and the code updates just keep coming!

I love the stranger things show - that was almost a day one buy theme for me. Stranger things the game has the REALLY cool projector and ramp, and ... Um.

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I few weeks ago I purchased a new LE(#41). Up until this last week, minus a couple of small tweaks and the new skill shot guide which is on it's way, everything had been running great. The last dozen plays or so, the ball will occasionally get lost up the house ramp. The machine nor I can find it anywhere throughout the checks and my visual inspection...until I lift the playfield, at which time the ball falls down into the cabinet. Does anyone have any recommendations on this? Does this somehow have to do with the skill shot guide? Or maybe I will see something outta sorts when I pull out the house to install the new skill shot guide? One of the tweaks that I had to make was to slightly move the ball lock peg in back of the back board to line up with the hole in order to hold the ball during house haunts. However, this doesn't appear to have anything to do with the lost ball issue.

I would guess maybe a misaligned opto- it may be losing track of the ball. The ball is diverted a number of different ways so it may not be an obvious one. You’ll want to remove the house and test as many as you see back there

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Yes, worth it. Ball now hits upper 36 or 24 and often 36 and 24 together, even with VUK power turned down. Was thinking of lowering power to hit lower 36 as that is is the hardest for me to target with flipper, but plenty happy as is. About 10% of the time it ejects above the upper 36, but has never gone into the trunk scoop. I would love to see that happen. What is even better than it hitting the targets though is that it just now feels right, not feeble, shooting with satisfying power.
I am also curious to know how many have made this adjustment. No idea.

Weird how this is such a finicky mech. Mine goes into the trunk scoop about half the time, and it shoots out FAST. Default settings, too. I’ve not adjusted it, just got lucky - but it shows it’s possible to get it all dialed in.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Anyone else have alot of dimpling where the vuk discharges onto the playfield and what was your fix?

Oh TONS Of Dimpling!

On this game.. also on my 35 year old TZ.

If youre concerned about the VUK drops (which in this case certainly makes sense): Mylar.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Should have my premium this week. You guys should be on commission.

Code updating coming this month!!

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nailed it. Both games are amazing in their own ways... but JP can be a real ball buster! Elvira is the best coded fan layout I’ve ever played, and I always have a great time playing it. Having these two next to each other is a real privilege for sure!

Hear hear. I felt like the game was too easy at first too, but after the last few code updates, it's gotten much harder - there's a whole lot more to do as well!

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think your approach to purchasing is the best way to do it these days and one I advocated in the Dark Knight for Stern thread a while back.
I was willing to take a risk on Elvira in October because I really wanted an LE, believed that Stern had at least partially addressed the playfield quality issues, and, perhaps most importantly, because Lyman was on the code. I had lived through what he had done with Batman 66 from the beginning, was very pleased with the results and had no reason to doubt the same with Elvira, especially after hearing him speak about the game at Expo.
But after the Batman and Elvira LEs I can’t imagine Stern coming out with a game that would put me in the position of gambling on code again.
We are very fortunate to have a world-class pinball player and an obvious perfectionist as the lead programmer on Elvira.

Until Lyman gets put on a new game!

#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ha ha. It’s not so much Lyman as it is the odds of Stern doing another themed game I’d be interested in ...

oooh... I thought the exact same thing - then Stern made IMDN. It didn't click with me although I love the band and recognize the game is awesome; I just didn't love it (but I bought it). EHOH is a home run for me though. total package. We'll see if they ever do it again...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

All screws are tight and the hinge screw has a lot of play in it but as tight as I can get it.

That hinge screw is really annoying. It jus barely hangs on and will spin even when you have it right to the hole. I put some blue thread locker on it last night, along with the inner screw on the lid arm. Let’s see it work itself loose now!!

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Re: trunk lock. There is a white bushing that needs to be inside the actuator arm, lots of times the screw will come loose and it'll be tightened on the outside of the hole it's supposed to sit in.

aaah nice. Thanks

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This ^^^^
It seems like it won't tighten but you gotta get the nut held at same time while tightening screw and it will work like a charm

Son of a ... ok thx that helps a lot

#3118 3 years ago

What’s the protocol for getting a replacement board? I logged a ticket months ago that one of my Gargoyle lamps is always dark. No response since, although I did get help and the replacement skill shot parts.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Same thing happened to me... and it also started a year ago with Metallica as my one and only pin, then Iron Maiden Prem somehow showed up, and as of just recently, Elvira LE. At first, all the "tweaking" and NIB repairs were a little frustrating but I later came to realize that they just make me appreciate the games that much more. It turns out that tinkering, upgrading, and repairing is half the fun... and of course, there's the anticipation of what the next release will look like and if I can sell it to my wife as another "must have".

Every game needs tweaks. New, old, NIB or HUO. Glad you figured out you enjoy it! Just beware - you can have weeks (or more!) where there are multiple issues on multiple games - and you just don't feel like working on ANYTHING. Then you get one thing fixed and it will snowball...

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Joining the club. Selling pirates to do it. Get a Ngg out of it as a bonus. Tell me it’s worth it.

Oh wow. I have both POTC and Elvira. I gotta say, I play Elvira more. That’s not to say you won’t miss Pirates but you get a fast playing, deep game with EHOH. Pretty rare combo

#3240 3 years ago

Yes, it is designed to smak the glass. Stern fans haven't seen this before so i think a lot of the times people think it is wrong. It is one of things Dennis Nordman wanted in the game. It is kinda a Dennis thing.

It’s a throwback to the “leapers” (frogs) in Scared Stiff, which did the exact same thing.

#3241 3 years ago

Yeah, there is that but I don't worry about it. By the way, what side of the glass has the film? I know it's not on both sides. If it is on the top it is a non issue.

Anti-glare glass is coated on the top

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Here's what it says on PDI's intro to their glass. Not a commercial - just passing along what they say about their glass:[quoted image]

PDI May do it on both sides (May explain the price hike) but Stern’s glass is definitely only on one side. I think it’s in the glass compare thread that someone described a way to check. I can’t recall what it is though -

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I do think it has some of the best callouts in pinball. However, its not as dirty as I'd like. There is a little bit of naughtiness in it. "These guys are really stiff... Hey, I'm talking about their acting!!!!"
So... it is there. Just not as much as I was hoping. But, really the callouts are very good and varied. I do hope there are still a few more that haven't been implemented yet.
And I"m still hoping for a match video of unpleasant dreams.

There probably are - the last update (or 2 maybe) added additional callouts which had not been used before. Not sure if there is accompanying video

#3283 3 years ago

There certainly is![quoted image]

Still really curious Wtf that is.

Also.. no final Wizard mode yet

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the haunts appear in the same window every time or do they move around?

same window, and you can change the active one with the flipper button

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had a leaper bracket fail yet? One on my game failed last night where most of the crimped end was missing. I didn't have anything suitable to replace the hinge pin so I re-used the existing pin and hammered what was left of the bad end flat. It should hold until I can get a replacement.
I also recommend a lock washer on the top screw that secures the bracket in place.
Rob

Not the bracket, but I did have a leaper fly off a bunch of times - finally had to epoxy the rod to his butt

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think they said there were 18 movies they had access to. So wouldnt you have multiple haunts (and thus multiple colors) per window?
I dont own the game (but it's on my short list) so I'm just going on memory from playing it at Expo last year.

The movies are used in more than just the haunts - they are in the multiballs, Gappa Angry! mini-wizard mode, the several modes you get as consolation prizes when you drain on Gappa Angry. There's a lot going on

#3303 3 years ago

It's almost the end of the month! Will we see a further update?

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are these identical to the leaper brackets used in Scared Stiff? I'm wondering if the top screw coming loose has a detrimental effect of allowing the bracket to twist which causes more stress on the hinge pin.
Rob

They are not the same at all - the SS leapers are a round rod, not a flat blade shape. The mounts are comprised of 2 slotted pieces which can get out of alignment. After lining them up and tightening the screw quite a bit, I finally added a drop of silicone grease to each one. Now they actually “leap” consistently

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wow the code really has improved a lot from what was on it before .88 (I think). Before, I didn't think the pin was that great, the shots are nice but the code felt flat or unexciting. I am not sure what all changed but way better, I think more film clips. I din't really like the pin but now I think it's great.

Oh man. Just wait until you hit the new Gappa Angry or Attic Multiball! (Or when you brick Gappa and get one of the consolation multiballs, and then brick that too! Like I have done repeatedly

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well the side blades clearly show "Ray Gun Rampage" so its coming![quoted image]

Says it on the apron card too

#3493 3 years ago

Oh man the coil stops.

#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbri:

peanuts
Will
This be the final code update/ do you know what will be included? Just curious because the more I see out of this machine the more I want to buy it!!

Nobody knows. Based on previous updates, this will be an incremental release - each previous one has been .93, .94, .95, etc. They've been pretty packed with features though

#3509 3 years ago

This is astounding! This update list is longer than the complete set of code on most games! (Um, Munsters...)

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Man, this game is special and it’s not even done. I love all the subtle touches and polish.
My only minor complaint is mechanical. The new dead head mode requires you to shoot the coffin targets with the lockdown button... but if you’re stuck with an underperforming mech, the ball kind of dribbles out and you’re stuck.
I’ve adjusted it three times and I’m batting about .500 with hitting the targets.

There’s a setting to disable it - somewhere in the read me it mentions this

#3524 3 years ago

Just saw Katrina and what I'm assuming was the new zombie dead head (I won't spoil the actual name reveal, it's quite funny!)
Looking forward to discovering all the new stuff over the next few days.
If Lyman continues to spoil us with these epic .01 version updates, I can't imagine where this game is going to end up when he finally hits version 1.00!
Thank you Lyman.

A buddy mentioned to me that Lyman is now being put exclusively on these boutique games. This is great as an additional “exclusive” but I can’t imagine it’s great for morale. Additionally, Lyman isn’t going to want to work forever.. he needs to be mentoring the other guys to make sure they are thinking for the future; how he plans rules, light shows, etc. what I wouldn’t give to work for Stern and learn from him..

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One of the reasons I got rid of pirates and opted to replace with EHOH was because I was sick of the maintenance. I have rebuilt 90s games but found them to be less finicky. Now I’m starting to worry about my new purchase. I will look through this forum for all the issues so that I’m prepared.

I had some majorly frustrating issues with POTC when I first got it - the Pearl lamps would turn off for long periods of time, I was worried about the clear issues... it turned out to be a completely simple fix, and I am really glad I persevered. that game is great!

EHOH has also been pretty maintenance-free. I've been lucky with the VUK, and the only real major thing I had to deal with was the trunk getting stuck because of the little arm coming loose. Took 5 minutes to take apart, Added some loctite, hasn't been an issue since. The game is fairly easy to disassemble if you need to.

#3618 3 years ago

I was a little surprised there weren’t more posts talking about how AMAZINGLY PACKED the 0.96 update was. Then I realized everybody is still playing their game!

I really like the new Crypt VUK shot with the fire button, and the movie integration continues to be outstanding! I love the little Elvira pop ups during the modes

#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Absolutely loving the new code. It’s amazing how a bunch of little things add to so much in the overall experience. The new callouts, lighting, Dead Head intros, ray gun and Crypt exit shot. It all ties it together so much better. It’s incredible.

Absolutely agree. Don't stop sir_tankalot

#3682 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Do not tell my wife, but with $1300 in mods purchased so far I have over $10K in my EHoH LE:
no charge skill shot guide kit + nylon washer - warranty from Stern
1.95 left ramp crate fix from Pinball Life
4.45 x 2 replacement coil stops from Pinball Life
12.95 anti-airball deflector for left ramp from RGP Models
16.00 2-pc shooter eject protector from Cliffy's Premium Pinball
16.00 Stern Spike quiet fan kit from Pinball Life
24.95 return lane plastic protectors from SilverBall Designs
25.00 set of 2 "E" coin return buttons from Filament Printing
27.95 purple slingshot plastic protectors from Cointaker
45.00 red powdercoated shooter rod housing from Robert Stone
49.95 headphone jack + external volume control from Pinball Life
68.00 Elvira shooter rod from ModFather
79.00 crypt sign façade with spotlight from Lermods
180.00 Stern EHoH banner from Marc Chytracek
200.00 playfield protector from playfield-protectors.com
260.00 casket + VUK cover + doghouse etc. from Medisinyl Mods
296.61 Omega plus lighting from PinStadium

If you’re trying to keep this info from your lady, I’m not sure creating a post which itemizes every mod including price is the best idea dude!! Lol

1 week later
#3806 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Per the rule sheet wiki I think there’s a final attic mode not in code yet that is the final wizard mode
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

Those rules look like they might be outdated. "attic attack" is already in the code - it's the 3rd Garage multiball. I thought Director's Cut was the final wizard mode? I haven't seen that yet.

#3807 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Second this one. Always fun and challenging on TSPP.

I was about to comment about how great this is on Houdini. There's a TSPP reverse flipper mode too? D'oh!

#3814 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Mode is called "House Attic Party". Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you but not really complete anyway. Fastest multiball drain I've had in awhile lol.

I can't believe there are so many modes I still haven't seen. this is awesome!

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Totally agree with you about GAPPA! Can't tell you the number of times I've reached GAPPA, so excited and then....wha-whaaaaaa, the ball drains and there's no BALL SAVE for some reason. Does anyone know if there's a way to set a BALL SAVE for GAPPA for at least 4-5 seconds? It's disheartening to get all the way there and poof...balls does SDTM....

This happens to me almost every I time I make it to Gappa. There are the consolation multiballs, if you screw up at stage 2 and beyond. IMO That's such a cool thing to have it eliminates any complaint I could have about sucking on ball 1.

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Is she 68 in those video clips Geez that is the best damn cleavage for a 68 year old i have seen. You people need to lighten up seriously.

Met her in Salem, Massachusetts for Halloween last year. Either she is an immortal demon, or she has the best plastic surgeon ever. And the most accommodating, patient human I think I’ve ever met.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New batch of crypt signs ready to go....
[quoted image]

These are SO awesome I almost want to buy a second set. How about some lights? Haha

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks very much! We offer a spotlight option that mimics the flasher inside the crypt so the front of the sign lights up when the crypt flasher is active.

Dang it! All right fine

#3881 3 years ago

So how’s the new .97 code? My game is packed up as we are expanding the house. Only TZ still stands..

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Damn was hoping it would be different haunts. Game is already packed though so can't complain. Hoping to pick one up this fall.

I do think there are a couple left. Maybe they will be the ones you have to unlock - but I don't think Eeegah! is in the game yet, nor the Wasp Woman. Nor Don't Go Down in the Basement.

#3901 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am firmly convinced that you should only buy a Stern game if you are ok with the code as it is at the time of purchase. I will only make an exception for a Lyman game. Wasn’t disappointed with Batman and certainly not with Elvira. There’s a reason many say “In Lyman We Trust”.
Not sure I’ll ever buy another NIB game (no space) but if Lyman isn’t on the code I’m not going to be buying early (which probably excludes an LE).

Literally the only reason I ever buy a Stern. I used to only buy Keith Johnson JJP games too, but since they basically abandoned POTC I’m a man without a country. Oh, and I have a Houdini too !! Joke’s on me. Thank goodness I spent thousands of dollars on EHOH. At least that has updates’

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

My sores are that high...
...In my dreams

Wow, man, sorry to hear it. Maybe there’s an ointment ?

#3964 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Hey Sheats, thanks for the code updates.
Wondering what does it say on the NIB picture when wild woman MB starts, anyone know?[quoted image][quoted image]

It‘s a shipping crate and says something like:

“Ship to:
Elvira
666 Dead Head Lane
[Somewhere] California ##### “

#3972 3 years ago

Looks like you’re using Windows 7 (FYI that O/S will be end of life soon, no more security updates)

Windows can’t read the SDcard properly after it’s been written to, so if you reinsert it to your computer after it finished, whatever you see won’t be correct, which is normal. Also you need to boot the computer (or in this case the game) with the card in it, in order to finish the process. Just wait until your game arrives.

One other thing for the future: the USB update is significantly smaller in size and faster than the SDcard process, but I guess you’re already done with that part.

#3990 3 years ago

I am a big fan of doing your own mods as long as they are good. It makes the game more unique. Here is how my LE looks these days. I think I'm done messing with it. Maybe not.
[quoted image]

I especially love the cattle skull!!

#4001 3 years ago

I was super excited about that feature as well! When there was nothing there like that, I just assumed I was misinterpreting what it was supposed to be. Here’s to hoping it’s just something not programmed yet?

I’ve been meaning to ask about the Trailer thing. I figured it might somehow be related to Trailer Trash mode at some point. But maybe not! I do love the post-game activity, especially the awesome effect when you get a match and the lightning strikes!

#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

F$#( I hate removing that house. I came to find the house plastic is now broken so I asked Stern again for the part. Last time I was told the design was up to spec and they wouldn't send me one as a preventative measure. I've also been waiting 2 months for a new leaper bracket so I'm not even sure it was mailed out. Who knows in this crazy time?
The cellar vuk is loose and is a total PITA to get to the mounting screws. That's why I'm taking the house off again and it looks like the ramp entrance needs to be taken off too. It likes to shoot balls SDTM.
Rob

I feel you. I have several inserts that won’t light and Stern customer service told me it’s a “wiring connection”. Yeah, it’s not. No way to fix it AFAIK. Came like that out of the box

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I had Node 8 resetting because of an overcurrent condition. I think I have it fixed now where one of the lamp power leads behind the trunk targets was stuck against a switch bracket.
The inserts that won't light, are these on a large light board or are they single light boards? If it's single light boards, is there power at the positive side?
Rob

Single board, most of the inserts do work, it’s just a couple that won’t light. Game is temporarily packed up, I hope to get at it on Friday

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Thanks for this info. I'll give it try.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Key Posts"?

Top of the page, underneath the "topic gallery" - key posts. You can expand it and you'll see multiple links to important posts about each thread. In this case, there's about 7

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I am contemplating on pulling the trigger on a NIB with build date of june 2020
I played a game on my DIST floor model also with build date of June 2020.
The gargoils are not moving up when hit on his new build.
Does anyone know if Stern changed the design on the gargoils jumping/ hitting glass? Its a cool feature!!
Did they change the new builds and omit the jumping gargoils for some reason?

The gargoyles need to be lined up pretty precisely too; I even added a tiny bit of lube so they would move properly - my game didn't move all that well either. Seriously doubt Stern would take the time to change that design

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Me too I used some heavy duty silicone hinge lubricant ..just spray on paper towel abit then wipe the shafts of the gargoils and they fly up and down now when switch is hit..way better then it was
I also found all 4 loosened constantly and I had to add locknut to all 4 . The constant hitting from the left and right edge was loosing them and shifting them alot and i found the plastic switch behind them was getting a groove cut thru them from the sharp edge..definitely recommend some threadlock

Yep, exactly. I don’t know why they switched to that blade design vs the rods. The switch covers are also a 2-piece design and the metal pieces need to be EXACTLY aligned in order for them to move smoothly

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

My guess is they did it to keep the gargoyles from rotating like the leapers did on Scared Stiff. Wouldn’t look very good if the gargoyles weren’t always facing forward.

Well that would make sense!

#4137 3 years ago

I've been using a 64gb usb 3.0 thumbdrive to update my pins for a few years, never once had any failure with Black Knight or Elvira LE. It is a fast thumbdrive though, around 200MB/sec read speed, I think maybe some people have issues when they use older or cheaper thumbdrives as some of those have incredibly low read speeds.

The issue is with the actual chip that holds the file system. Many cheap USB drives use ones that work fine on a PC but not on embedded stuff like pinball boards. Those types of things only work with a limited set of drivers, and the cheapest drives (cheap to the reseller, not what you paid) use some crappy drivers

#4151 3 years ago

I just posted this elsewhere but WTF Stern. I paid a HUGE AMOUNT of money for the LE, and the game doesn’t even have sleds! The corner protectors have scraped my floor all up just slightly sliding the game around about 2 feet. Not happy about that at all.

Ok, rant over. Still love
The game.

#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I don't think those parts are meant to touch the floor

When the game is folded up, they sure do. My monster bash is right next to it. It has corner protectors. 3/4” off the ground. Because it has the skids. Even Stern’s little plastic bumps are half assed! They’re literally half the thickness.

#4155 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is an odd thing to rant about, but you have that right, haha. Glad you love the game.

You haven’t seen my floor! It’s impossible to move even a few inches without a dolly; my B/W games I can slide or pivot to move. Not so on Sterns

#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe im not understanding what you mean. Are you saying you can scoot other games across a floor without fear?

Yes absolutely, when they are folded up. The other games have those rails on the bottom (back of the cabinet when it's set up on legs), and the little plastic nubs. Elvira has NOTHING.

#4159 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think he is referring to the 2 runners that B/W had on the back of the cabinet. When the game was in its stored position it was raised an inch or so off the floor by the runners. Newer games just have those 4 nylon glides to raise the game off the floor when folded.
Spooky still uses the runners on their cabs with nylon glides on the runners. Elvira just uses the 4 small nylon glides.

Yep that's what I meant

#4163 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So your Elvira didnt have the 4 little white nylon guides?

It does - but they are not tall enough to clear the metal corner protectors, so those drag on the ground.

#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You could replace them with something like this to give you some extra height.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I’ve got some of the old school Bally ones too; I may put those on. But the sleds/skates are really needed IMO to raise them up a bit more.

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I have a chance to get an nib LE but should I wait for a new run of premiums instead?
Seems to be lots of issues with Elvira, hopefully these would be fixed in the next run.

I would. I was going to get a PRemium at first too, but an LE was all that was available. It is a MUCH nicer looking machine, despite my ranting lately. I have not found any more issues with Elvira than any other NIB game I've ever bought (I think this is my 5th or 6th?)

#4181 3 years ago

Another update! Totally amazing. I have never been so glad to have bought a game based on the team’s reputation.. it’s wildly exceeded my expectations. 1.0 should be a knockout! . This blows away anything else that’s out right now. Wow!

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I only have 1 doing it is that correct or should all 4 hit the glass. Only the far right one hits the glass.

All 4. A couple pages back we had a discussion about fixes

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I got this cool little set off of amazon. The item name is "Lemax Miniature Spooky Town Gargoyle Fence (Set of 5). I put them around the edges of the game and it really gives a sense of being on Elvira's property. Especially when the ball goes down an outlane on the outside of the fence. The double columned center piece I made a little sheet metal piece and glued it on the fence so I could mount it on the upper lane center guide. Its kind of hard to see in the photo behind the cruiser but it looks nice from a players perspective. This set adds a lot of gothic flare for $20. Played about 6 games of .98 last night and its another game changing code injection. I love these one hundred decimal point updates that are so feature rich.
This is the only game Ive owned that I will set there and play 6 games in a row. Thanks again Lyman! You're numero .01!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great find!

#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

has anyone seen the clown dead head?
I've been trying to focus on the crypt and I can get the double header no problem..but yet to see the clown.
I was wondering if no one has seen him if perhaps that character is a mini boss for the mode and used for the super headshot...which isn't in the .98 code update.(which would also add to the choice for plunger and drive me crazy)
I seem to recall 12 or 15 being the total number of deadheads..looks like this might be the full list if its 12
Uncle Bolt Head
Jar Head
Grampa Bone Head
Aunt Surely
Mommy Dearest
Frankie the SouthPaw
Sunny Beach Head
Double Header
Cousin Katrina
Undead Fred
Chowdah Head
Clown

Are all Of These in the game now ?

#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Oh the things I do for Elvira!

wait, what ??

#4268 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

happened to me too - doesnt seem attached in any way. Did you secure it somehow?

I eventually had to use heavy duty plastic glue to keep one of mine together; I couldn’t tell if he came from the factory with any glue or if it’s just held in by friction, but he would fly off every 3rd hit until I tried some really strong glue.

#4271 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Does the action button do anything besides wheel of fate and finishing off deadheads?
Also, do the junk items in the trunk do anything. I thought I read at some point they help with some modes. I'm not seeing visual cues indicating this, but I could certainly be missing them as I play.

The dagger and ray gun items eventually are supposed to have some sort of powers

#4274 3 years ago

The ray gun works now. The action button will flash the color of shot you can collect with it.

Oh cool! Elvira’s been packed up for a few weeks - I totally missed 0.97! only just yesterday stood it back up

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

... dont forget .98 its a huge update
0.98.0 - Jul. 23, 2020
=======================
- Reprocessed deadhead audio to exclude large amounts of trailing silence
that was blocking follow-up speech requests.
- Added Clown (deadhead) to the Deadhead Family Crypt.
- Added Double Header (deadhead) to the Deadhead Family Crypt.
- Added more video clips to DRIVE ME CRAZY for background and loop shots.
- Added lamp effects for DIRECTOR'S CUT start, shots, and levels.
- Fixed a bug with the Elvira popups that was causing requests to fail.
- Added lamp effects for DRIVE ME CRAZY.
- Turn off CRYPT VUK ball save for COMPETITION mode.
- Added a new setting to allow/disallow the crypt VUK ball saver during
multiball (default is NO, do not allow).
- Changed scoring for DRIVE ME CRAZY (increased the base, made increments
based on the number of deadheads banished, and increased the score for
each loop shot made).
- Added laughter and speech to the start of DRIVE ME CRAZY.
- Added extra scoring for each SKELETON KEY collected for the sneak-in
behind the left loop.
- Added a way to save and cancel changes to the score color in the main
UI (via the color editor). Added a way to restore the colors to the
default (factory) Implemented exit dialog with EXIT/SAVE+EXIT/CANCEL.
- Update player score colors after they are edited instead of only at
power-up or at the start of a new ball. This allows the colors to be
edited in the middle of a game.
- Randomize ramp dome flashing in attract mode.
- Shaved some time off of the attack combo timer for THE WEREWOLF OF
WASHINGTON. Increased the scores for the attack combos.
- Changed initials and names for some HSTD.
- Cleaned up background messages for TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE. Added
text to describe the spinner bonus a bit better. Increased scoring for
spinner.
- Added video clips, sounds, lamp effects, scoring for the top lane skill
shot.
- Added new lamp effects, sounds, and music for trailer trash.
- Added pop-up for TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE (old cave).
- Added sounds to game start effect.
- Fixed a stale frame glitch at game start where a frame of an old video
is displayed.
- Restore score frame player score colors at game start (the match effect
may have changed then to white).
- Added lamp effects to thunder sounds when the ball is in the shooter
lane.
- Added shaker effects to thunder/lightning storm (maximal use only).
- Added additional stage to TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE (cave).
- Extended lamp effects for WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL super jackpot (explosion).
- Adjust EQ and volume for several sounds, speech, and music.
V0.97.0 - Jun. 25, 2020
=======================
- Improved the presentation of the lamps during TRUNK MULTIBALL. Mask
off left 3-bank, jackpot, RGB arrow and junk in the trunk lights during
big light effects.
- Implemented the RAY GUN for UN HAPPY HOUR and DRIVE ME CRAZY, these
were not implemented.
- Fixed a problem where TRAILER TRASH would award the full value instead
of the hurry-up (counted down) value.
- Added score font color editor that allows the user to set the colors
for the scores in the main UI (foreground and background).
(From the main diagnostics menu, navigate to UTIL -> GAME -> RGB and
edit the colors using the utility.)
- Cleaned up MATCH displays; eliminate dark shadows and improve lighting
behind the house windows.
- Implemented the FLASK (junk item); this increases the values for
anything that uses the JACKPOT lights and/or the JACKPOT display effect:
WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL
ADD-A-ZOMBIE MULTIBALL
ATTIC ATTACK MULTIBALL
TRUNK MULTIBALL
PHONE-A-FIEND
HOUSE PARTY
GAPPA ANGRY
DRIVE ME CRAZY
MAKE-OUT MAYHEM
SCREAM TEST
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
GAPPA ANGRY MULTIBALL
- Added Elvira pop-ups for DIRECTOR'S CUT (that's a wrap) and (cut cut cut).
- The ENTER INITIALS display for HSTD was not rendering the right-most
character in the input alphabet when the user pressed the right flipper
button to scroll the characters to the left. This has been corrected.
- Sync thunder sounds with main-play display thunder/lightning when
the ball is in the shooter lane and the main-play display (house, for
sale sign with pumpkin) is running.
- Resequenced the HAUNT completion so the Elvira outro is sequenced first,
followed by the B-RESTORATOR level (which may light EXTRA BALL), followed
by TRAILER TRASH LIT.
- Added video clips and sounds for WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL total:
(Show parrot laughing/insulting if one shot or less. Show women behind
tree if the super jackpot is collected. Otherwise parrot squawking/women
in shrubs.)
- Edited down the video clips for DIRECTOR'S CUT (these were taking too
long). Moved the Elvira pop-ups for the level award (cut, print it) to
shortly after the start of the display effect (instead of the end).
- Elvira's 'cut print it' pop-up was being inhibited sometimes when
requested at the end of the level award during DIRECTOR'S CUT (and
sometimes it would not show up). It is now always requested and should
always show up.
- Hold up kickout of cellar lock during DRIECTOR'S CUT level award so
the player can see what is going on.
- Move the WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL SUPER JACKPOT shot around after each
shot is made so the player doesn't keep shooting the same SUPER JACKPOT
shot over and over.
- Added video clips from UNTAMED WOMEN (black & white) to the first part
of WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL. Moved video clips from THE WILD WOMEN OF WONGO
(color) to the last (super jackpot) part of WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL. (The
color clips from THE WILD WOMEN OF WONGO were the only clips used in the
previous version for all parts of the multiball.)
- Fixed an issue with the TRAILER TRASH hurry-up score where it would
count down and allow the player to collect a score that did not end in
a ZERO.
- Changed the score font in main UI that allows coloring of the outline.
- Fixed an issue in the main UI where the PLAYER UP message would flash
too quickly.
- Give out multiball jackpot awards from the CELLAR if the HOUSE ENTRANCE
RAMP is UP due to HAUNT taking priority.
- Implement THE DEAD RETURN ball save settings:
NONE
ADD TIME
MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE
- THE DEAD RETURN ball save setting set to NONE for COMPETITION mode.
- Fixed the shaker motor effect for the spaceship hitting the ground
during the start of the TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE mode (this is timed
much better).
- Adjusted the position and size of the timers during the ENTER INITIALS
display for HSTD so they do not overlap other elements.
- Added video clips/sounds for total pages: SCREAM TEST and RUN FOR YOUR
LIFE.
- Added new sounds for POOL PARTY (splashes).
- Added video clips/sounds for MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE total.
- Fix up ENTER INITIALS display for HSTD (title area) so it does not
overlap other graphical elements (looks bad). Vertically align/center
the text.

Yep, installed! Can’t wait

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is my first ever code idea, maybe others have thought this? You may think it’s stupid, but let me know.
Lyman, please allow the house shot to register during modes even if we shoot it under the staircase.

Respectfully disagree - counting the shot under the house as a separate shot makes the game that much more challenging and fun

#4315 3 years ago

Just installed the purple ones about an hour ago. They look ok - they don't light at the edges like I was hoping, but they also don't blast the area with color like was apparently an issue with the red ones.

#4318 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Still have not seen my turret spin!? Anyone else experiencing the buzz kill effect for this mysterious feature? Is it fact that only the house party mode will get her spinning? If so, hopefully with the next update Lyman will have it be incorporated into more play.

You can see it by going into test mode. Wherever you leave it, when you start a new game it will turn it around to reset

#4327 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

that for 600 bucks ...no
i'm probably in the minority in that i don't think you need elvira herself on the topper. Wouldn't hurt but not required.
I hope that image is just the beginning of the topper..the Deadhead crypt isn't a bad start..gargoyles should jump(literally) when Gargoil mode is active. As well it needs a roof top equivalent object that spins to the correct symbol during house party modes.. its just too iconic to not have.. House Party and Attic House Party modes both spin the house top, the topper should reflect that.
Purely based on the table itself I think Gappa should be incorporated somehow into the topper..its just to significant a mode and cool Godzilla knock off to not have represented .(wishfull thinking on the last one im sure LOL)

Has nothing really to do with the game, but this is my topper:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124822

elvtruck (resized).pngelvtruck (resized).png
#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You could consider that Elvira’s Moving Van. She is trying to sell the house.

Haha that’s great! Would also work (perhaps even better) on SS

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If the topper is the crypt it would have been nice to have it be an LCD that has whatever deadhead you have going on it in full size fashion instead of a small floating head on the main display. The screen could just have the crypt doors on it until you unlock a deadhead, then have the doors slide open and show just the deadhead within the tomb. If that were the case I would shell out 1k for that.

That would be an amazing mod idea. No clue if its even possible.

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Agree... $425 for the BK topper was a stretch for me. Hopefully this one does something cool, like a rear projection or maybe the center bottom flips up in front of the marquee with a screen that shows the deadhead like dudeman said.

Crap, I would think about actually buying that if it included the screen. Has anyone made a mod for a Spike 2 game that reads the game code or switches?

#4392 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That statement is pretty much what they say every month.

It is, but they are ALSO following up with code updates, which is basically amazing

#4393 3 years ago

I think someone else posted about this earlier, but I’m a little confused about the back door switch - I seem to be getting it quite often, even sometimes when hitting the cellar. Is this happening to everyone? Is it a code thing or do I perhaps have the switches reversed ? (I’ve removed the House, maybe I plugged them in backwards?)

Thx!

#4404 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I am in no way saying Stern should do this. It is literally just something I was curious about after a few beverages.
If this game had a pro model, what would you take away?

Crypt is just basic bash toy, no elevator

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

SS is too easy. It has great theme integration and humor, but it’s just too easy to progress through it and not much variety. The spider wheel completion, of course, is very difficult, but to me it’s not that fun trying to. Ehoh is on a completely different level.

Word. Never made it to spider multiball when I had my SS. Such a cool layout and toys. Too bad the code didn’t really go deeper

#4438 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

This is spot on. The ramps in SS are so good. But overall HoH is tops. The code is so good already but I can’t wait to see what Lyman does with 1.0+. My only complaint is that I wish they had recorded more intros to each movie.

Agreed on all counts! There does seem to be a lot of footage not yet incorporated - there were supposed to be a lot more of the little pop-ups that have been added recently. In NOTLD I think, and Teenagers from Mars for example

#4441 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I noticed playing a hoh this weekend that there was a decent amount of overshoot on the left ramp return..is the best solution one of the plastic protectors on the marketplace to fix that?

Can you clarify what you mean about overshoot? Was the ball falling off?

#4453 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So perhaps you can help me here, I sold my Star Wars premium cause I got frustrated with it's gameplay and the unfair drains. I am just a mediocre player. Now I want to buy a new game and I am on the fence between Elvira or Jurassic Park premium. I love the Elvira/old Horror Movie themes, always wished for a Rocky Horror Picture Show pinball game, but the layout looks so simple on Elvira. JP looks way more interesting, but I hate narrow shots, like the Death Star on Star Wars or the Extra Ball in Fish Tales when they are to important. I like games with cool moments and show effects. Elvira looks like it has this in tons.
But do you think that the Elvira game have enough staying power and fit in a line up with BKPrem, Iron Maiden LE, AC/DC, The Hobbit and the Shadow? Or is it to similar in game play with one of these? I am worried that the cellar shot is to similar to the Iron Maiden under the Middle Ramp shot?

The cellar shot is kind of like the Maiden middle ramp shot, in that its' a ramp... and it raises up, and you shoot it IT doesn't raise up in Maiden all that much - in Elvira it's used in almost every mode. IMO it's an asset - it's a different shot than hitting the main ramp (which is basically the main shot in the game). Sometimes you have to hold the ball to wait for the ramp to raise. Counted as a different shot - I don't know, it's not used in the same way.

JP2 is REALLY cool as well. I really like the multiple paths you can take, there's the T-Rex which is VERY cool (but only on the Premium, I think?). There are like 500 modes, multiple multi-balls.

anyway - the JP2 GAME is very cool, the shots are interesting, it's got some good ramps. Elvira has MUCH. MUCH. MUUUUUUCH better theme integration. I mean it's not even close. She's -IN THE GAME- every second, plus clips from real movies that have been on the show. IMO best theme integration since the Hobbit. The shots are roughly a fan layout, but there's something different about it that makes it feel much different than say, GOTG or even Spider-Man. There's i think 5 multiballs, a special "mini-boss" wizard mode, a VERY fun mid-game points-grabbing multiball, the modes are SO interesting; they change as you hit more shots. There are the 2 shot-based modes, the "leapers", the crypt!

Anyway, I don't think you could go wrong with either. Both are great games - Elvira a little more for the theme and fun, JP2 a little more for the innovative design.

#4471 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryeryerulz:

All HOH owners. We are looking to pick up a Premium and will probably find a used one to trade for. Question is, instead of sifting through hundreds of posts, what problems am I to be on the lookout for? Bottom line, if I go and look at one, what issues do I look for. Thanks in advance. I have my eyes on a couple of machines. Need the info!! Thanks.

There isn't much that's a major issue. Look for wear in the usual spots - ball drops, etc. There probably won't be any since the game is so new.

Check how the crypt VUK is spitting out the ball. It should fire across the playfield so that it will sometimes hit the stand up targets on the left (it's not supposed to be super precise so it won't hit every
Time)

Check the house stairs ramp flap for damage.... check that the ball doesn't get hung up in the house, that the trunk pops up consistently and the ball can roll in .. that's about all I can think of.

#4477 3 years ago

Sounds like you need to work on your VUK some more. It should be 100% accurate. Something is still off if it isn't. It needs to be dialed-in in order to eliminate the dead heads in the newer code releases.

I thought that was on purpose, and why you get multiple attempts to finish off the Dead Heads

#4479 3 years ago

You have to be able to hit the flashing light to eliminate the dead head. It is a timing thing that I believe gets more difficult as the game progresses. If your VUK isn’t 100% it kind of a waste of time trying. You need to know when and where your VUK shot is going to strike. Personally I don’t think it was in the original design because nobody’s VUK was correct in the beginning. This feature feels all Lyman to me.

I'd love for him to chime in on this - mine works usually on the 2nd try, sometimes on the first.

I don't get this though: Why require that it hits the targets if it's expected to hit every time? He could have just bound the deadhead kill to the button press instead.

#4482 3 years ago

The target light scrolls between the 3 targets. It is a very Bally type feature. You have to hit a moving target which means you need a dialed-in VUK.

You know what, I NEVER noticed the dang targets cycling. LOL Makes more sense now!

#4492 3 years ago

Wow! Has a photo of the topper been released/ leaked ?

#4496 3 years ago

Aah yes.

#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I once would buy toppers for all my games. Not sure what it is but i just dont see any point in them anymore and could give a crap if they are interactive or not. I rarely look up at the screen let alone all the way up to the topper.
Bksor tweaked my interest a little, but that thing is exceptional. Other than that the Stern toppers are stupidly overpriced... i use to think before springing 200 on a nice laseriffic topper... but these stern prices for toppers are a joke. I hope Elvira is a bksor version 2.0 but either way I'm happy to leave Elvira top(per)less.

And if it unlocks some exclusive new mode like in JP2, I am gonna be pissed!

#4508 3 years ago

Did a quick mock-up of the Campy Camper... only the first print, having trouble figuring out the best support/print profile, and the door fell off but I can already tell it will come out pretty good!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I thought about 3d printing them, but this was way easier and all I had to do was design the bracket to hold it.
ebay.com link » Greenlight Hitched Homes Series 6 1962 Shasta Airflyte Travel Camper[quoted image]

I can’t even believe these things exist!

This one looks closest as far as the shape and windows:

ebay.com link: itm

I’d put it right in front of the one on the back panel (just like in the photo above), but painted and decaled like the one from the game.

#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That's the exact same one as I posted, just the awning isn't shown but comes with it. I bought it with the colors as shown above which was close enough for me, in fact that is my HOH machine above. I was going to use a paint marker and paint the webs and write elvira on the side, but I got lazy lol. Looks great under the lit moon thru the trees though.

It does look really good! I should have my wife design some decals and save myself the trouble !

#4516 3 years ago

My gargoyles are stiff and don't leap very high. Someone said to grease them. I have white lithium grease and chainsaw oil. Are either of these ok for this?

Yikes. No.

Get Silicone lube and use a TINY. TINY amount. like put a little on your fingers and just wipe the rods.

What will make more of a difference is loosening the screws a bit and making sure all of the parts that make up the base and the switch trigger are lining up. They kind of just sit on top of one another and can get loose, which makes the parts twist a bit, and they bind up on the gargoyle rod.

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

You look to be under extruding by quite a bit.

Yeah; it’s PETG, I’m not used to it yet

#4533 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Is anybody else watching/rewatching any/all of the episodes of Elvira’s Movie Macabre that are referenced in the game? I had to track down They Came From Beyond Space as I hadn’t heard that one was going to be in it.

Check Shout Factory’s website. They have a bunch of episodes of Movie Macabre. I can’t remember if TCFBS is on there but a lot of the others are.

Has Don’t Go Into Thr Basement ever been added to the game? Or Eegah! ?

#4536 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thank you
I own a le, got it in October 2019 so i doubt it has it. Did someone ask stern to send them the guide?

Your LE should have it. Mine was built before October (what’s your build date?) and it was included

#4554 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Officially TCFS is the last haunt I think, but with Lyman at the helm you just never know.
Rov

That’s a little annoying; unless I missed something, there are at least 3 more movies listed and placed right on the backglass: Eegah!, Don’t go down to the basement, and Wasp Woman

#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Communication from Stern stated that anything built before December did not have the updated guides.

I just checked my game - I was WAY off, my build date is Nov 4, 2019, it is an LE and it most definitely has the upgraded guide.

#4561 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was only going by what the readme file says:
- Implemented final haunt (formerly Attic Party, now: THEY CAME FROM
SPACE).
What do you mean when you say they are listed?
Rob

They are named on the Stern-designed side blades

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I read "final haunt" as referring to the last haunt after you light all the house windows.
It would be great if Lyman added more movies as secret windows or as random alternates to the existing 6 main haunts. But even if no more are added I'm still very happy with what's there now. He did such a great job integrating the clips and music on the current haunts. The original music from the different films really adds to the variety of the haunts.

Totally agree with this. I have 3 games which have pending updates are are not “finished”. (EHOH, Houdini, POTC). They are all “fairly complete”, but EHOH is the only one that has anything even remotely resembling an update in over a YEAR. And not only has it been multiple updates, but they have all added considerable features to the game, and made it more fun each time.

Houdini has an update coming pretty soon, and POTC started off pretty complete, but EHOH code updates have surpassed them both

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my banner hung...tried attaching my elvira couch toy above the right ramp with quake hold, but it's not doing a very good job...is there something you guys recommend that won't damage the toy or the plastic above the ramp?
[quoted image]

I sometimes use piano wire (thin flexible but strong rods) to make a mount and just unscrew one of the ramp screws. You can move it around pretty easily to where you want it and it will stay in place

#4574 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Can you guys help me out with a question? When your playing, and you shoot the ball up the front ramp into the house to start a movie. Does the ball sometimes roll back down from time to time?
Thanks

Yes; mine still does this even though I’ve attempted to fix it numerous times. The explanation appears to be that mechanism behind the back panel is not aligned well and the post is unable to push up as quickly as it needs to. You can pull the playfield out and get behind it to adjust. It’s only a couple screws

#4582 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Would very much appreciate a pic as well of the screws. Have same issue on my machine.

I believe there was a much better explanation than mine already posted in the thread. Not sure if it’s been pinned or not

Um.. yep. Right in the key posts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

#4592 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

That hasn't been my funding so far. I call and ask for the price on Elvira house of horrors and every one has come back with the same price. The way people on here talk everyone offers a different price, unless I am doing something wrong that does not appear to be the case. Do I need to change my tactic? Perhaps say "what is the best price you have on an Elvira?"

You need to come to the deal with an incentive for the distro. Offer cash. Offer to pick it up, buy a couple of games at once and see if you can make a deal. Many distros are flexible and will help you out, but “give me your best deal” and offer nothing in return and they aren’t going to bend over backwards for you.

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks for the post but unfortunately that's not my issue. When you shoot it up the front ramp into the house. It will just roll back down the front ramp from time to time.

Yep. thats the one

#4610 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I know what you're saying. That guys problem was the ball was coming out the side of the house because of the post Elvira was still talking before the mode started. Mine goes up the front ramp Elvira start stalking and then the ball rolls back down the front ramp.
That post is just a hold that ball in the subway in till the mode starts then release the ball back into the play field.
Maybe my pitch is off on my machine and that's why that is happening.

Hm, I’m having trouble understanding the difference; there’s only one spot where the ball gets held in the house when you shoot up the ramp. Maybe open it up in test mode and see if something looks off from behind

#4616 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

He's saying the ball doesn't make it to the subway behind the backboard. The ball goes up the ramp then back down the ramp toward the player. I have this happen, too. I've also had the ball stick in the house. I finally got my new diverter, so when I take the house back off to install it, I'll do some investigating as to what's causing the problem.

Gotcha, it's not crossing the threshold, so to speak. Mine also occasionally still gets stuck in that weird spot under the ramp, which is super annoying.

#4634 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Now that the final Haunt "They Came from Space" has been revealed and sticking with the Cheeseball aspects of the theme, I found this little cow abducting UFO on amazon and ordered it..
I think its gonna fit perfect in the back left beside the backdoor sign or maybe I'll be able to mount above house.
I'm not sure I'll be able to figure it out but I think I can Jerry rig up something that the ramp diverter mechanism raising should be able to be utilized to trigger a switch activation of the UFO to enable the lights and abduction magnet.

As well I got a arch Mount for the Gila Monster finished. Eyes turned out ok(painting mini's the eyes are always the hardest to get right).
Almost broke a half billion game , only finished two haunts and didn't get to Gappa angry no extra balls but second haunt was Manos and got multiball during it and kept going for ages and finished it..then I got super lucky and nailed both ramps for trailer trash..I didn't notice when playing but perhaps it has 4x playfield at just the right time.
Love this game so much...its just so good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Gila monster looks great! For what it’s worth, I believe the last haunt is “They Came From Beyond Space,” which is a different movie than “They came from outer space”. (Yes they are both real movies!)

They came from Beyond Space is notoriously one of the worst movies of all time, and the plot is that aliens are taking over human bodies to rebuild their spaceship.. which is never shown. The humans defeat them by wearing - I am not making this up - kitchen collanders on their heads.

#4636 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

The original Pastafarians?[quoted image]

That’s not far off!!

#4639 3 years ago

Ok, so everyone with premiums are upgrading their speakers to LE equivalents. I'd like to upgrade, but I like the foam look of the premiums because I like the speaker light kit for it. If I'm wanting to upgrade quality but not the look of my premium speakers, which ones should I buy? $100 max hopefully.

Pinwoofer

#4669 3 years ago

Those trees look awesome. Are they the ones posted earlier in the thread ?

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

No.
Here they are:
ebay.com link » Noch 22020 Spur H0 Tt N Baumrohling Linde Modellb Ume
And those, search for:
"C11 Heki Konvolut 4 Linden unbeflockt"
I think these are the better looking ones.
I got the last one I think, don't know if they are still available
I coloured/sprayed them black. Double clue tape, voila. Easy to re-install.

Brilliant. Thank you for the link!

#4684 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Premium upgrades I would say are essentials
1. Mirror Blades , or Side art Blades
2. Shaker Motor
3. Medisinyl Mods: Gargoyle Vuk and Mausoleum

Agreed. Also the Lermods 3D Crypt sign

#4686 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Do they still sell these? Every time I look at their pinside shop, it's just Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper stuff

He has a thread, you need to get on the list.might be sold out still though, but worth checking

#4692 3 years ago

Mine was also doing this - there are only 2 screws holding the lid on. I loosened both to allow a bit more play, and added some blue lo tire; the binding is gone and the side of the trunk is no longer being damaged

#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can you please take a picture of this? I don't see two screws holding the lid on.

One on the left side, one on the right which holds the arm. If I recall correctly, the left one doesn’t really screw in tightly, it’s more there for retention.

#4699 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can you please explain how? I do not see it being adjustable. The post is one solid piece all molded together.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You don’t need to take any of that out of the game. raise the play field up on the support struts, and while standing at the left side of the game you will see the left hand screw we are talking about. But you’ll need to put ALL that stuff back in first.

#4713 3 years ago

Hey folks, I bought a number of these creepy trees for the game - they could be painted black (see earlier photos in the thread) or kept brown if you like.

If you’re interested, let me know, I can do $10 plus postage

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4733 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I finally got to the”Director’s Cut” and it was lots of fun. The only problem is that I’m not sure how I got there ????

Just got there tonight for the first time myself! Huge game - made it on ball 1 through House Party, Gappa (drained on second phase), Satanic Rites (drained basically right away), got to Clowno the deadhead, drained. but I had 2 extra balls from The crypt and finishing modes, and suddenly Director’s cut! Started it, and.. drained.

Got GC though, 650 million or so.

Then a thunderstorm rolled in, games get unplugged.

#4795 3 years ago

I realize this is being greedy, but I wonder if there is a code drop soon? The last Stern if the Union indicated as much for August, but it never came out AFAIK

EDIT: duh. Yes it did, .99 halfway into August

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvira:

Hello! I just joined the club. I purchased LE #181! I now have all 3 Elvira pins.

You had to buy it? I would have thought Stern would give you one for all the work you did

#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I waxed my gargoyles rods today ( no, its not what you're thinkin , but they do seem more relaxed now) and what a difference. Lower ones hit glass every time, upper far more than before.

Not sure what you used specifically, but keep in mind playfield wax will eventually start to get hard, especially if you use more than a tiny bit. Definitely recommend super lube!

#4824 3 years ago

For the guys who are waiting for the trees, I've got your boxes all set, just need to mail them. I have a couple left if anyone is interested.

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Does the gargoyles shit gold?
[quoted image]

That is flat out dumb, and frankly, a little insulting for LE /CE buyers. I ALREADY paid a $1k premium. Now there's this $700-of-profit topper?

#4831 3 years ago

It's just one shop and they aren't even available. Might just be a placeholder.

Someone actually pointed out that they are posted at higher prices until Stern actually confirms them. $999 could certainly be a placeholder.

#4837 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

LSOG posted that $999 was correct and limited to 200.

Well, I’m out. I can ask Cassandra to film custom video for less than this thing

#4850 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can one of you way more talented folks print/ sculpt and produce a topper?
I don’t normally buy this stuff but will happily support you instead.

Seconded. Even using some of the LeMax spooky town stuff (although those are hella expensive)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
635 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.