IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11026 1 year ago

Just joined.........she’s lovely!

BA36411C-BF85-4994-BDC7-E716EA389898 (resized).jpegBA36411C-BF85-4994-BDC7-E716EA389898 (resized).jpeg
#11031 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

All three of those are lovelies.

Thank you!

Loving this game so far, no regrets on trading my “bolted to the floor” TZ off for this girl. So much more depth and code to explore!

So my initial setup work after skimming the last couple years of this forum for common issues, really just notes that could help others but open to any comments or suggestions. I am very comfortable dialing in modern stern machines.

Replaced Mylar under ramp entrances, check your ramp flaps for digging in and protect your playfield.

Adjusted (bent by hand) right ramp metal bracket on left side to line up with plastic better and level front edge, was digging through Mylar and had a little damage to pf.

3 of 4 gargoyles were actually contacting glass when fully extended after I cleaned up the shafts.......I understand why they break! Fixed by drilling stem new holes and moving screw up on all four shafts roughly 1.5” on lower pair and 1” on upper pair.

Tried to adjust left gargoyle target for better contact / consistency and learned a lot about how these guys work. Seems like you need the bash plate touching the target directly and the smallest gap possible on the switch for max sensitivity and accuracy.

Lots of loose screws, adjustments and re-adjustments, the usual with an experienced game (3rd owner 1600 plays). The ball is still sticking occasionally in the house shot with diverter down on a slow roller but ball search will get that if a multi ball doesn’t. I will probably take the house off eventually and get this dialed in better.

Vault VUK had the shorter screw already and concave striker, but wasn’t moved correctly per the key post(s) so I straightened that out per measurements shared and it’s running about 95% accuracy. On my game basically all I had to do was remove the three screws on the outside and let the coil bracket assembly hang naturally then attach to playfield. (Hard to believe how far off those pilot holes were)

One instance where one ball then a second ball got stuck in back door coming in from the left loop, and ball search didn’t clear either ball, eventually ended my game. Shut it off for the night and everything worked fine today in test mode.

Weird moment where an air ball on left ramp missed opto and landed back on ramp rolling into the coffin, game took several ball searches to clear that one. Probably working as designed.

I’ve has two resets, both at start of Manster haunt and I think I had un-happy hour running both times. Known bug?

Topper scream: only opens about 45 degrees, is that normal? Seems like it should go open a full 90 degrees from closed.

#11033 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

For those interested, my distributor basically told me that Stern won’t let you buy these replacement parts while it is an actively produced title unless you can prove your part is broken.

Pinball life has right side (full assembly) I noticed today

https://www.pinballlife.com/elviras-house-of-horrors-right-ramp-entrance-assembly.html

#11036 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The gargoyles are designed to hit the glass

That just seems like a bad idea or engineering error. You’re serious here?

#11041 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Take those bolts out and enjoy your game as it was intended. No damage will occur,,,,, ,probably

Lol no thanks, I will leave them and sleep just fine. I prefer not replacing parts if it can be avoided-

#11060 1 year ago

Is there a reference somewhere for removing the house? Search isn’t getting me there.

#11063 1 year ago

Awesome thanks! This should be a key post.

#11075 1 year ago

Regarding shooter rods, it’s probably your auto launcher not seating deep enough. Test it by short plunging so the ball knocks the auto plunger back then you can launch properly. The fix is to work on the auto launcher mech and see what it’s hanging up on (usually some aspect of itself) and adjusting it to move freely so that ball sits in the same position every time and is fully back in the plunger channel. I had this problem on a couple other new sterns and each one is different in how it sucks, you just have to get in there and figure it out. My EHOH also has this issue, haven’t had the time to get into that yet but I will eventually. Hope this helps!

#11081 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Still something is robbing manual plunges of power.

See my post a couple back, it’s the probably the position of the auto launcher holding the ball higher in the channel that’s robbing the power

2 months later
#11367 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Someone claimed that Zac said the run was pushed into 2023...... I was looking for the episode that had that announcement and was unable to find it.
Anyone know?
It would line up with what my distro told me: Q1 2023..... and he told me that at the beginning of this year. Maybe he was right, or maybe not.

This was posted recently in the new stern pin thread by a distributor:
July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium (final run)
Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (final run)
Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

1 month later
#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ifs 30 points that seems to happen randomly. Many times when i hit the flippers. And it has a swoosh sound with it

I’ve worked on two different EHOH that needed the right ramp opto removed and the hole in the ramp adjusted (drilled larger) to allow the beam to pass through accurately, but had a similar symptom. They both were fine initially and over time as the ramp got more wear the clarity of the beam was affected. Drilling the ramp holes larger and better aligned to the optos solved the problem both times. Hope that helps you. You can do this without removing the ramp if you get the playfield propped up above the cabinet in the back.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11521 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

But that sounds like it wouldn't register a ball which is backwards from the problem (false triggers)?
But it still sounds like it wouldn't hurt to take a look at.

well they are clear, and my theory is that the beam goes through them initially very well but as they age / weather / get dirty they start to break up the beam and any slight motion (like the trough kicking the ball out) is a false sensor positive. The ramp opto I'm referring to is on the clear return from the ramp, not the ramp itself per se.

3 weeks later
#11689 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Woo hoo I'm finally in the club! Been looking for one of these for a couple of years (that I could afford), and the *slight* dip in prices here means I could finally bag one.
Only put about 30 games on it so far but it's AMAZING! I have had 2 of the gargoyles fly off on to the playfield already though - had to glue them back on to their rods, was this a common problem?[quoted image]

I have repaired one of mine also.

#11752 1 year ago

I've said a few times to my friends that as long as 40th anniversary aren't sold out of distro stock they will drag their feet on this final run as long as they can. Time will tell, hope all of you with deposits get a game and it's priced fairly.

#11801 1 year ago

Found the neca box at local target, they had 2 left in large size I snagged the XL. If anyone is in Peoria area and wants one PM me and I will guide you to them!

1 week later
#11817 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

What area of the store were they in?

I found them in the collectors corner which was along the back wall of the store, closer to electronics but near the toys section.

#11819 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I picked up 2 NECA boxes, but after getting home, one was opened and missing the enamel pin. :/
I'll probably just part out the box and give the pieces for gifts for Christmas.

man, that sucks. The XL I bought was also opened but everything was there. I would return it or go ask for a discounted price refund!

#11841 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The price of juiceboxes exploded since covid. I’ve tried bulk, black market, generic. I’m not talking Capri Sun here, but the good, quality 100% juice juiceboxes. I’ve got a cargo container coming overseas full off them. I’m just gonna retire, play pinball and sip juice.

Gin and juice and a blunt you’re all set man

1 month later
#12095 1 year ago

Anybody ever sell the house? What’s your strategy? I pulled my left outlane post tonight trying to get the wheel figured out, it’s kind of fun without it there in a brutal way…….it’s the one objective for selling the house I’ve never achieved in a game naturally so trying a few things different in my last few days with this game.

#12097 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Huh? The wheel has nothing to do with selling the house.
Here are the objectives to light Wild Market Value (Sell the house):
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
b) Banish CLOWN deadhead (SUPER HEAD SHOT).
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball. (Just lighting it seems to work.)
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
e) Start GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.
g) Start THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
What is it you're trying to figure out on the wheel?
I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
Cheap shameless plugs:

Thanks for the links, I will check them out. I was looking for a clearer path through the game as far as sequence of events / stacking goes and using the wheel awards to your best advantage. I’ve started with getting the crypt MB collected before starting a mode, and trying to be deliberate about which modes I get into early before any multi balls are ready.

#12101 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I heard selling the house is the less impressive mode in the game, haven't got to it yet.

I kind of feel the same way about directors cut, Gappa is definitely the peak excitement from what I’ve seen so far.

#12110 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

You can rip the spinner at the end of Teenagers from Outerspace to crank up the jackpot.

What balancing do you think the game needs?
I find it to be one of the most balanced games Stern has put out recently, but maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe make house party the mini after 2 rooms and Gappa can’t qualify without 4 rooms entered to space out the regular modes better.

#12112 1 year ago
Quoted from bwill:

The deadhead crypt could use some love in the code IMO. Its a neat bash toy but there isn't a lot going on there. Qualifying a deadhead frenzy mode or some other kind of min-wizard mode there would be nice. Otherwise there just aren't many points there for a somewhat dangerous shot... just the extra ball at two completed heads.

backhand all day, it's not dangerous that way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=PinballHaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.