EHoH1 (resized).jpg
EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#558 4 years ago

Supposed to be sometime this month. Yup - November for Premiums.

1 week later
#709 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Still waiting.... I keep hoping for a call from the trucking company![quoted image]

Still some waiting on LE's - Then I guess it will be a bit until the Premiums start rolling off the production line and start shipping.

Not too worried about a topper. No room for one at my place, besides I guess I don't mind if Elvira is topless.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You guys diggin this game? I haven’t played it but I love the theme. Thinking about selling my Dialed In LE and getting a premium. Thoughts?

I played a number of games on a Premium at Expo. I liked how it played.

1 week later
#913 4 years ago

Yes - back door shot is very doable if your game is leveled correctly.

Also the plastic on the left side of the house has been modified and has proper cutout.

.87 code might take a little longer than some other titles to update but no problems to install.

Make sure you pull off shipping foam under the playfield securing gargoyle rods when you get your game. Glad I had the heads up on that one before I got my game. Could be easy to miss doing that. Thanks to the pinsider that noted that in earlier posts in this thread.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

HELP!!! Got my Premium today and I absolutely love it. Everything worked. Went through the menu and set on free play - changed the volume - no issues. I played a few games and then I threw .087 on it. No problems updating. Played a few games - all was good. Then I tried to turn the volume up. That + button won't work. I go to the menus - I can go backwards through the menus - but not forward. Physically the switch is fine. Factory reset the game and re-installed .087 - volume+ worked! I set it on free play- and played one game - no problems. As soon as the game was over I opened the coin door to turn it up a tad more- again the Volume + wont work. I've checked all the connections on the node boards. Factory reset multiple times. This absolutely appears to be a software issue- but I haven't read anyone else running into this. Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

I would try reloading a fresh copy of .87 off stern website to your PC. Unzip folder and load the individual files to a USB stick with nothing else on it. Perhaps when you grabbed code the first time something got corrupted. - Just a guess to try.

#948 4 years ago

I have not had a ball lock in the trunk yet. When lid opens and ball goes in trunk the ball fires out immediately each time I have gotten a ball in. ??

I have not really paid attention as to the lid opening or not when it is supposed to with a lock. I would guess the lock is lit because I have heard Elvira say shoot for the ramp or something to that effect when I have seen the lid pop open.

So what is the proper shot sequence and operation of the trunk and trunk multiball ? Have not gotten real familiar with the game yet... Explanation of how the trunk is supposed to work would be helpful. Thanks.

1 week later
#1063 4 years ago

I have had a different issue with the trunk. Balls immediately kick out when dropping into the trunk and do not lock.

Trunk Multiball - On my game the lid opens but ball one does not lock when dropped into the trunk and immediately kicks out .
In switch test, opto for ball two lock is fine. Ball one lock test is ok in switch test also. Any balls going in the trunk are immediately kicked out.

I placed game setting #129 to disable trunk diverter to Yes, and I can get trunk multiball to play without the trunk lid operating and can go through sequence of combination light targets and running one ball through the left ramp and repeating again with the three combination light targets and running through the ramp again - trunk multiball is then awarded and begins. Balls just don't go in to the trunk with game setting #129 set to Yes. But you do play the trunk multiball in normal fashion minus dropping into the trunk and locking. Trunk lid stays closed while building up to the multiball.

As the trunk lock switches test ok I reported it as a bug to Stern.

#1067 4 years ago

Ok - I will check screws at the trunk again. I did check the outside ones when I set the game up and they were tight.

I'll take a look at the inside ones. (Sethman) EDIT @ Sethman - I checked screw inside it was tight too. No loose screws.

On my game the lid was popping open fine and the first ball would drop in, but then it would immediately kick out as the coil plunger would fire.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I had to modify the ball guide by bending it so the first ball falls in and is not touching the coil/plunger.

@Idusguys - maybe that "ball guide" is my issue as when that first ball falls in it looked like it was resting close or on that plunger - maybe that is why it fired out immediately.... ??

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Make sure the screws on the side of the trunk are tight or the lid will not operate properly. I had all sorts of problems with the trunk holding balls and not ejecting. The first ball that enters the trunk is too close to the coil and the second ball can not fall behind it to push the first ball forward. I had to modify the ball guide by bending it so the first ball falls in and is not touching the coil/plunger. That way the second ball can enter the trunk and push the first ball forward. I have no idea if this was the way the trunk was designed, as mine never worked without my modifying. I would really appreciate it if someone who has a working trunk could take a picture from up above with the first ball sitting in the trunk, so I can see if my game is missing something.

more ... " I would really appreciate it if someone who has a working trunk could take a picture from up above with the first ball sitting in the trunk, so I can see if my game is missing something."

Yes - photos of somebody's game with a fully working trunk with that first ball sitting in the trunk could be helpful.
Assuming everybody is on latest code of .87

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Earlier in this thread a couple of us asked to see a picture of the trunk open and one ball sitting in the trunk. Could someone please post this picture as it would help me figure out my problem.

Information on trunk issues and fixes appreciated along with photos of the mech if yours is operating properly. Also note if you are on .87 code and trunk is functioning correctly. Thanks

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question: the skill shot on my game does not work. I cannot get the ball to go in the hole behind the house. Any ideas? I am at 7.5 degrees angle. Could this be the problem? Weird. I have .880 code.

Make sure you are leveled side to side. I have my pitch at 7.1 degrees and the skill shot is very doable with a little finesse on the plunge.

Edit - also see ahead at post #1151 - apparently some games may also be missing a piece that helps make the skill shot work ...

#1145 4 years ago

I had some trouble with the trunk. I added a small piece of a 1/4" furniture slider inside on the trunk floor just ahead of the coil plunger. Balls lock properly when they are supposed to and both balls eject nicely now at the start of trunk multiball.

trunk (resized).JPGtrunk (resized).JPG
#1187 4 years ago

Keeping my Elvira pin topless.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1210 4 years ago

Cassandra Petersen owns all her own rights and cuts her own license deals.

#1220 4 years ago

Gappa Angry should work. Very large scores and they increase with each shot made. Could be a bug if something else is going simultaneously.

Attic Multiball - I have encountered no speech from Elvira while she is on the screen when you start the Attic Multiball. Encountered that in both .87 and .88 code. Seems to be a bug.

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It’s invisible from players view.

Yes. You don't see the rough edge while playing. Looks exaggerated in a close up photo from side or front orientation.

If it bothers you, you could take a sanding stick and smooth it carefully and polish for a nicer edge. But really not necessary. You don't see it while playing the game.

You can adjust Gargoyle travel too if you think it hit's the glass too hard.

Enjoy your new game !

1 week later
#1350 4 years ago

v .87 Attic Attack Multiball - Elvira comes on to introduce that multiball, you can see her, but she has no speech while talking to you. Bug reported.

This bug was present in earlier versions also. Maybe they get it taken care of in the next update.

1 week later
#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Same here on plunge. 2 things I noticed. 1) make sure the wiring from the red flasher on ramp is not extending at all into the ball path of shooter lane. Mine was a little sloppy out of the box and I needed to bend the wiring out of the way / adjust a wire tie.
2) there just seems to be a slight alignment weirdness with the metal insert in the shooter lane. Where the fork section of it begins, it seems slightly askew to the left in the lane. But based on how the other end of it lines up against the ball guide, there’s no other adjusting that could’ve been done. Just the way it is.

Yep - check that wire tie. The little nub on the wire tie might be protruding just a little bit at the edge of the ball path. First thing to check.

1 month later
#1908 4 years ago

Updated code to .90

Did not hold high score as it did on previous updates, or various settings you may have put in for preferences, free play, lock down button start off, etc.

Back door skill shots no longer have audio comments to go with them. That was disappointing. Enjoyed the comments when you made the skill shot. Sorry those are gone...

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I definitely miss hearing the all the back door call outs. Hopefully just a code polish is needed and they didn’t cut them out completely.

No kidding. That was a big letdown with the calls missing now. Put them back Stern !

2 months later
#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I have managed to start all three haunts, but not sure how how many keys I had when I started each one. When Lyman added Gila Monster, he pushed Santa back one level. My guess is "The Satanic Rites of Dracula" requires one key; "The Giant Gila Monster" two keys; and "Santa Conquers the Martians" three keys.
I suspect once all the locked haunts are programmed there will be some tweaking as to how each one is selected/started.

Would like to see Santa Claus more often again !

3 weeks later
#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Get a good quality small open ended wrench set that is thin (at least 1/4" and 5/16"). The cheaper ones are always too thick for most delicate pinball adjustments. The post is 1/4" I believe. Just lefty loosey it all the way out from the top. Reverse the process in the new location. Not the fastest way but it is the safest.

This - good quality ignition wrenches are the ticket. They are thin, strong and machined well to fit the nut precisely.

1 month later
#3988 3 years ago

Pingulp is the best mod. Usually the only one I put on my games .

#4008 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Anyone get a hold of Stern service recently? The 1800kickers number just plays a message that says they are still shut down. It tells you to email the parts.service address to get a hold of someone but it has been a week with no reply.

I read that in another thread that they are not answering due to Covid. Put on a mask and call again, maybe they will pick up if you have a mask on.

2 months later
#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just got a call from my distributor. The Elvira toppers are in. Sad to say there isn't a third screen. The flip-up center is a static image with $1000 price tag. I walked away from my pre-order. The game is great but the topper blows.

Elvira should be topless anyway.

2 months later
#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Agreed! I can't tell you how few times I've gotten the The Giant Gila Monster, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians or The Satanic Rites Of Dracula. I think they're fun modes when I get them but I've had the game for almost a year now, and played those modes maybe 2-3 each. And I'm pretty good at the game! (just scored over 1.5B last night) I loooove the game and ain't complaining but with 9 modes overall, why place 1/3 of them in a "secret" window?
I'd also love it if they can make the PHONE-A-FIEND more accessible. I've never gotten to it once...ever.
But even with those small qualms, the game is a blast to play and everyone involved should be super-proud of making one of the best pins of all-time. Truly a great mix of all the best elements.

It would be nice if there was a setting for frequency of getting some of these modes.

6 months later
#9184 2 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

Opinions please.. I’ve got a Prem coming within the next 6 weeks and I’ve got both mirror blades and art blades, of which I’m not sure what I’ll use on the machine. I get it’s ‘each to their own’ but is there a general consensus of what actually looks better on this particular game?

Art blades look good in this game. Usually the only thing I add to a game is a pingulp beverage holder !

But I added the factory art blades on this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.