IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1820 4 years ago

joined the club, premium arrives tomorrow, wanted an LE but my instant gratification disorder wouldn't let me wait a month for it

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Premium? Neil, I’m disappointed.
But, hey, at least you’re in the club ...

Yeah they had one in stock and knowing that meant it was a no brainier - suspect sometime in the future I’ll swap it for an LE!

She’s here!

A277282F-E7E6-498D-80FA-A8FEDE55FDB8 (resized).jpegA277282F-E7E6-498D-80FA-A8FEDE55FDB8 (resized).jpeg
#1905 4 years ago

do we know when Stern started to make games with the changed guides in it?

Neil.

#1907 4 years ago

ah cool, so my November will have it! makes sense as I could hit the skill shot ok.

#1915 4 years ago

on sound test in the menu I get nadda - anyone else?

3 weeks later
#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Greg Freres (sp?) worked super hard on this game.
Maybe more so than Dennis?
I don't know, I'm just a programmer...
I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

loving this game Lyman thanks to you and everyone on the team that worked on it, whole family is enjoying it.

I'd love to find away to get this video in the game - its classic:

#2241 4 years ago

I am loving this game - its so much fun - just had an epic stream game

Got to Party mode and Gappa Angry - here is a clip of classic Elvira!

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyFamousDragonflyKlappa

To watch the whole stream:

Party mode and Gappa Angry fast forward to

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Saw the boogiemen! And when you make a sneaky lock it counts for one lock or all the locks in that stage of Gappa Angry?

I'm not sure - it seemed to be all of the locks of that stage.

#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

My Oct 22nd build date has the updated guides.

Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. Got confirmation on the updated guide rails. Machines had the updated rails starting in December. Anything built prior (September, October, November) would need the update kit.

hmm which is right?

#2298 4 years ago

is there a part number for the fix?

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The answer I got from Stern was that the December builds had the new guides.
Neil, it's the Elvira Update Kit.

thanks. Have hassled my supplier for the kit!

#2387 4 years ago

had an event at my house and everyone loved Elvira - few players ordering today

1 week later
#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

On the deadhead VUK, if you contact Stern, they will send you pictures on how to re-position the bottom part. Mine was quite a bit off, and the pictures solved the problem easily.

what are the symptoms of this problem?

3 weeks later
#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I have to sell most of my games for a large purchase but in thinning the herd my EHOH premium won out over my JP2 LE. Elvira is just more fun to play!

I agree, I find JP2 to be so frustrating. The left outlane is like a vacuum.

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, not true, zero remorse, i have all 3 and STH is close behind those other two games, which are two great pinball machines!

I have all three also and agree STH is a better game than given credit, esp when you dial it in.

2 weeks later
#2871 3 years ago

loving some of the new light effects in the new code!

#2878 3 years ago

turret moves in .95 for sure.

#2955 3 years ago

its Lyman laments mode

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Got my Premium today and loving it. couple of questions:
The drop target in front of the lock is sometimes up and you hit it with a ball and its solid (doesn't drop) Is that deliberate?
When does the mansion top rotate? Works in test but after 6 hours never saw it move
The left orbit ball guide is bent in (by the trunk). Is this the skillshot fix?

get to the first mini wizard mode and the mason top moves.

if your premium is made after November you have the skill shot fix
drop target should always go down.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Tighten those screws above property of elvira. That will straighten the truck lid out.

to add to this, check the two screws are tight facing the playfield.

the key thing is to get the play field on the front bar and tighten the hinge screw that is normally flush with the side board.

Neil.

#3058 3 years ago
elv (resized).jpgelv (resized).jpg
#3075 3 years ago

hmm all I had to do was tighten those screws.

#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Impossible it happened during shipping/ bow was perfect....Let me clarify.... 3 bolts that support the rail for which the playfield rests on were gone/ not even in the box or game. 4 nuts gone/ not in the game. The left rail was in the bottom of the game So ..... three bolts totally missing 4 nuts missing. Unless the shippers opened up the box took the bolts and nuts out of the rails that support the playfield etc. etc. etc. So another words this happened on the assembly line it’s just absolute carelessness
I’m not angry at you if it had happened in shipping I could understand this happened at Stearns factory and that’s what angers me so much. These games are so damn expensive and they shouldn’t be. It’s the equivalent of getting a car and your wheels falling off because of no Lugnuts or bolts.

I've bought about twenty games from stern and not had anything like this, its a screwup for sure but they will make it right. JJ at GEX is one of the good guys. Just take a deep breath, don't let it get you mad, stay civil, few days from now and it will be sorted.

Neil.

#3152 3 years ago

Finally got my mods no thanks to USPS can't believe how good quality wise they aer.

6M5A7252 (resized).JPG6M5A7252 (resized).JPG

6M5A7253 (resized).JPG6M5A7253 (resized).JPG

6M5A7255 (resized).JPG6M5A7255 (resized).JPG

6M5A7256 (resized).JPG6M5A7256 (resized).JPG

6M5A7257 (resized).JPG6M5A7257 (resized).JPG

6M5A7258 (resized).JPG6M5A7258 (resized).JPG

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Hey where is everybody's outline posts set? Mine came at the top and I hate to change factory settings like this but it drains like you wouldn't believe.

top!

1 week later
#3310 3 years ago

yeah come on doc get with the program

1 week later
#3512 3 years ago

this is interesting - I thought the games where identical...

SCORES: purple for LE/SLE, red for PREMIUM.

I want purple!!!

#3513 3 years ago

and huge update sir_tankalot - thanks!

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Trent Augustine ya tilt amusement has an LE and SLE

+1 for Trent, he is the man.

#3664 3 years ago

I think better with the silver Dave.

1 week later
#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

this is interesting - I thought the games where identical...
SCORES: purple for LE/SLE, red for PREMIUM.
I want purple!!!

quality - ask and ye shall receive:

- Added score font color editor that allows the user to set the colors
for the scores in the main UI (foreground and background).

sir_tankalot thanks alot!

can't wait try this new code out tomorrow.

I'll be streaming the new code at 21:00 UK time 16:00 Eastern on

https://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

Cheers,
Neil.

#3836 3 years ago

I think there might have been a duff file on one of the CDN servers with the code. I couldn't get my game to update then downloaded it again and it had three files inside the zip rather than two..

Neil.

#3839 3 years ago

Man i would do it for free but I’m in the UK so post will take a while.

#3840 3 years ago

Not sure if this is a bug but completed two modes and extra ball lit before I picked it up lost the ball - extra ball was gone on the next ball. I have extra balls turned off in any case but was looking to see what the points award might have been.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3842 3 years ago

Also I make the colour change and the game took it fine but I think when I start left flipper to kill a game the score went all white, the other text player 1 you are up is rendered ok.

0FF30454-D614-4AE4-B1B6-5C01F6FFAAA9 (resized).jpeg0FF30454-D614-4AE4-B1B6-5C01F6FFAAA9 (resized).jpeg
#3843 3 years ago

And then continuing to play and the score is fine again.

#3844 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New batch of crypt signs ready to go....
[quoted image]

I really like this but is it possible to use the original font?

Neil

#3863 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m picking up an Elvira House of Horrors on Monday. Super excited by the way. Are there any must have mods? Thanks in advance!

I think the medisynl mods stuff is cool, especially the parts that go over the scoop area:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/6

#3878 3 years ago

just try popping the SDcard out and back in. If that doesn't work make a new one. Having a SD Card reader and a couple of spare cards is worth it.

1 week later
#4010 3 years ago

this game is so much fun, loving the music and the updates.

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I've had this pin for a few months now and am in love with it. It gets better with every update.
I have a couple questions. Please forgive is these are easily found somewhere but there is so much info out there in the wild:
1. I read that there was a Dead Head VAK fix released by Stern a few days ago. Where can I find this? As it is, the shot out of the Dead Head VAK is useless and frustrating.
2. A lot of times a plunge from the shooter lane will result in the ball hanging up on the gate that is above the pops and just inside the entrance to lane to behind the house. I have to shake the game to let the ball roll free of the gate and drop into the pops. It seems to lay down against the ball guide and behind the flap of the gate. I've tried to bend the flap to make it higher to let the ball roll out easier. I also removed the ball guide to try to bend a little steeper angle into it. It's really horizontally flat back there. In addition I raised the playing angle of the game to let gravity help pull the ball out. These things only helped a little. The ball now only gets stuck back there about half as much. Still unacceptable. Anybody else have this issue or does someone have a fix?
3. I have an older shaker motor I've had for years. I know they are now sold for about $100 but why pay if I have one? Is their instructions available on where to hook a shaker motor into the wiring harness behind the coin door? Is there a plug already available to use or do I have to cut the motor's wiring into the harness myself?
Thanks in advance!
Dave Schulpius

always check the key posts

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/51#post-5536034

Thats what Stern have issued so far on the VUK Fix.

1 week later
#4102 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Thanks Jandrea95. There is also a Stern issued fix that involves repositioning the VUK bracket but mine was already repositioned when I got it (I could see the old screw holes) so this is really an add on to that. This game has taken so much tweaking but when it is dialed in, it is worth it.[quoted image]

dood could you post a picture of the old holes and the new ones please? The guide is a bit vague on the location.

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings toucanf16 - the feature matrix for Elvira HOH shows the LE has "Upgraded High Definition..." speakers and every Spike-2 LE I've encountered has 5 1/4's, but best to confirm. We offer a kit Spike-2 that deletes the backbox speakers for the LE/SE 5 1/4 upgrade since the upgraded backbox speakers they have been supplying are great quality and sound excellent with our amplifier - thanks!

Spike 2 LE games that don't have 5.25s are :

1: Batman 66 LE. (SLE has 5.25)
2: Aerosmith LE
3: Star Wars LE
4: GOTG LE
5: Both Beatles LE's

B66SLE Jenson 5.25

IMDN, DP-> JBL's 5.25s

Munsters, BK:SOR, JP, EHOH, NST, TMNT Kenwood KFC-S1366 5.25s

the Kenwood's sound the best IMO.

1 week later
#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

After the latest update I have definitely noticed random back door call outs...

yeah me also.

1 week later
#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I finally got past the Gappa Angry ball locks to the multiball and oh man what a riot!! That mode is so awesome! I love how the machine starts going nuts and firing all coils and everything once you complete all the locks. I love this game.

reminds me of the feeling when you get to horde!

Neil.

#4424 3 years ago

where do I get the alternate translate from please Pinstein ?

thanks,
Neil.

#4425 3 years ago

pinstadiums really piss all over the great light in this game - if there is a game that doesn't need pinstadiums its this one.

3 weeks later
#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I got the 5.25" speakers in the mail. The speakers came with wires that clip on but don't have the plastic connector. Do I just desolder the wires off the 4" speakers and just solder them on the new speakers?

yes you can do that, what I did was to order the connecter and solder that onto the new speakers that way I can swap stock back in if I want too. The Kenwoods come with a nice cable that you can crimp the connector on too.

Neil.

1 week later
#4911 3 years ago

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 21.46.23 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-09-08 at 21.46.23 (resized).png

#4966 3 years ago

pretty sad about the 200 limit, we have no chance of getting any of them here in Europe.

Neil.

3 weeks later
#5329 3 years ago

I'm out. pretty poor from Stern on this, esp considering the higher price for the game.

You can get the turtles and avengers topper for the same money...

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, one mod that it's truly required for Ehoh imo are the Pinstadium lights. Honestly they are good in most pinballs but if you are thinking on investing money on Elvira, Pinstadiums are a must. No other pinball machine looks better with them on period. (Neo Pinstadiums at 60 brightness in cool mode in picture)
Off and On.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I couldn't disagree more - if there is a game that doesn't_ need pinstadiums its Elvira, Its supposed to be spooky and haunted, not suntan and beach!

#5436 3 years ago

build quality on my Elvira has been fantastic.

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I love the topper! It freaked me out last night!

on your playfield cam have a play with the white balance.

#5614 3 years ago

quick verified.

2 months later
#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

We have this debate quite frequently in the UK on pinballinfo.com
Fortunately there are many good guys like yourself Mike who want to enjoy the hobby, share the machines and not profit from fellow pinball fans.
Unfortunately there are others who'll take advantage, buy a machine then sell it on ebay a month later for a big profit.

Free market economy - but for pinball in reality - three people and a dog do this; its not a huge business enterprise unlike PS5s and XSX.

#6251 3 years ago

hell yes man, I nominated and voted for you dood! they are epic!

2 weeks later
#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

And if you're in a game at any point and want to end it back to the attract mode, hold down the left flipper button and the start button for a couple of seconds. This may be unique to EHOH.

and on new games this isn't turned on you have to do it in the menus first.

#6454 3 years ago

lets all remember to vote for Medisinyl in the TWIPYs - easily the best stuff from last year!

2 weeks later
#6822 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I had a trade agreement in place with Melissa for a NIB EHoH for my HUO TMNT LE I bought over the summer from them (was listed in the market for trade as well for EHoH)
Then we discussed this option when the trade in showed up with Chris so we made the deal happen
so I forfeited my NIB slot to get this one and she threw in some extras to make up the value
So CT should have a NIB slot available for the taking

get Robert to powder coat it for you and boom you got an LE - his work is outstanding.

#6914 3 years ago

ok so I'm giving in and asking why is GAPPA in an Elivra game? Is she in the movie?

#6920 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

The game is using assets from the Elivra's Movie Macacbre 2011 show( all the movies used in the game are from that version of the show),which included this episode

ah ok got it now - thanks guys - I've never watched anything that Elvira has done (but love this game). I hope more modes come also but I have the feeling Lyman is on his next title...

Cheers,
Neil.

1 week later
#7052 3 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I wish that there was a special shooter rod where it’s one of Elvira’s boobs. It needs to be squeezable as well. I’m not going to buy the one that’s available now as it’s kinda generic looking. I’m just getting the art blades and shaker motor. I get my pin in April.

ef8 (resized).jpgef8 (resized).jpg

really?

4 months later
#9135 2 years ago

anyone know if stern are doing another run of twoppers?

#9138 2 years ago

ok if anyone has an Elvira topper they want to move on and would ship to UK let me know but I'm not paying anything more than the retail price given how nuts that price is already!

Neil.

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What’s the code status with Elvira? Is it complete?

I personally think so but Lyman is a perfectionist (that's why we love him) so I suspect in his mind he has stuff he still wants to do; I think that's true for all of the games he works on.

Neil.

1 year later
#14403 1 year ago

my Elvira crashed and restarted this weekend during a tournament and worst of it didn't record the scores. Fortunately I have scorbit and was able to get the scores.

I've also had the ball get stuck in the house (going in via the main door) and it requires playfield up to free - any ideas on what this might be causing this before I dismantle everything.

10 months later
#17828 50 days ago

Folks,
so I had the stuck ball into the garage/side that goes behind the drop under the ramp/house Took it apart to find that the one way gate is only held on by one screw? there is no post or even a hole in the playfield for it to go:

IMG_7155 (resized).JPGIMG_7155 (resized).JPG
IMG_7156 (resized).JPGIMG_7156 (resized).JPG
IMG_7157 (resized).JPGIMG_7157 (resized).JPG

In this photo :-

Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg

it looks like there is a post? From a pic from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op earlier in the thread?

Should there be a post there?

I'm tempted to remove the gate entirely - I think a few folks have done - anyone who took it out end up putting it back in?

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NeilMcRae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=NeilMcRae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.