IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2218 4 years ago

Well, it’s official. Just mailed the check for Elvira. This is far and away the most I’ve ever spent on a game, so hopefully the journey will be worth it!

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I am loving this game - its so much fun - just had an epic stream game
Got to Party mode and Gappa Angry - here is a clip of classic Elvira!
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyFamousDragonflyKlappa
To watch the whole stream:

Party mode and Gappa Angry fast forward to

“Ooh, nice organ!”

My favorite callout of all time! So glad that made it in the game. Great throwback to EATPM.

1 week later
#2473 4 years ago

Just in time for my quarantine!

58E2375F-0B40-4B49-89EF-9EA08FD74261 (resized).jpeg58E2375F-0B40-4B49-89EF-9EA08FD74261 (resized).jpeg
#2477 4 years ago

I will not be able to maintain social distancing from Elvira.

893070B6-91AC-433D-AB29-CADAB2188C66 (resized).jpeg893070B6-91AC-433D-AB29-CADAB2188C66 (resized).jpeg
#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Secondly, the Dead Head kick out Vac. Sometimes it kicks the ball out OK and other times it will just keep kicking the ball several times before it finally feebly spits the ball out. I've tried to adjust the vac bracket by bending it a little and that helped a little but did not eliminate the problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

I’m having the same issue.

Looking at the VUK mechanism, there is zero room for play or adjustment. I added 2 washers to the mech to adjust the angle of the ejected ball. My thought was that the ball was hitting the eject, absorbing the energy and not kicking out as intended.

Anyway, it helped only a little. I added 2 additional washers and that made it worse, so I went back.

I also tried to adjust the power. 255 is the max, and the default. Anything lower makes it worse.

I’d love to hear from anyone else that has a better fix.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have you tried bending the VUK hood? A tiny bit one way or the other can make a huge difference

I’ll give that a shot tomorrow, thanks

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

On the deadhead VUK, if you contact Stern, they will send you pictures on how to re-position the bottom part. Mine was quite a bit off, and the pictures solved the problem easily.

Are you able to share those pictures here?

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

This is what was sent to me to fix the vuk. Good luck.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting! I was able to fix mine and it seems to be working better now. The short screw holes didn’t quite line up, so I left it out.

Just be careful when drilling the new holes underneath the playfield.

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

what are the symptoms of this problem?

The ball just kind of dribbles out, like an old man peeing.

1 week later
#2554 4 years ago

In Lyman we trust. Thanks for the fun weekend, my friend. After this week, I needed it.

#2568 4 years ago

Heads up to fellow owners.

Both of my back plastics were broken out of the box. No biggie, Chas was nice enough to send me spares.

I went to install them and discovered *why* they were broken. There is a back cabinet metal channel that was possibly installed too low. It broke both plastics and sheared the opto and flasher wires in the back left.

I installed electricians tape around the sheared wires and moved the metal channels about 1/8 inch higher.

You may want to check your game. Happy flipping!

69804B2B-DFD9-431A-B13A-19DEE104B2F1 (resized).jpeg69804B2B-DFD9-431A-B13A-19DEE104B2F1 (resized).jpegC21BAF4B-B64C-40D4-AC8F-91C1834779EA (resized).jpegC21BAF4B-B64C-40D4-AC8F-91C1834779EA (resized).jpeg725F78E8-9EBB-43DC-B0D9-FAF954DB5D70 (resized).jpeg725F78E8-9EBB-43DC-B0D9-FAF954DB5D70 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2587 4 years ago

2SMD #44 frosted cool white

#2623 4 years ago

I played Gila Monster and Santa Claus the other day. No idea how it happened, but it was cool.

Also finally made it to Attic Attack MB. Nothing really coded yet, but man, there’s a ton to do in the game already. Loving it!

1 week later
#2710 4 years ago

In the middle of a great game (obviously), I heard a coil continuously fire. Wasn’t sure which one, but then the center ramp shot wouldn’t register. After the ball search, the ball would dribble out.

Removed the coil, opto and back subway. Everything worked. After switch tests and troubleshooting, I figured out the back opto was misaligned. Moreover, the holes in the subway were *extremely* small.

I drilled slightly wider holes on each end and re-aligned the opto. All is well!

13C9DE8B-2183-4DA3-B0CE-5DB1FA75F236 (resized).jpeg13C9DE8B-2183-4DA3-B0CE-5DB1FA75F236 (resized).jpeg3102F0AD-A598-446A-AC91-E9E7B9882978 (resized).jpeg3102F0AD-A598-446A-AC91-E9E7B9882978 (resized).jpegA35E75AF-8E14-4542-9E2C-01F2D0E77902 (resized).jpegA35E75AF-8E14-4542-9E2C-01F2D0E77902 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I decided to go for it. Using the instructions posted by Pozzest01, I repositioned the mount and drilled pilot holes with a 3/32 bit. The machine screw hole did not reallign (photo 1) How could it? So I left it out as did another poster. Photo 2 shows how far I moved the mount.
This Vuk now litterally blasts the ball across the playfield, violently hitting the 36-24-36 targets! Now I get to lower the VUK power. (A success story mostly for guys new to the hobby. I know this is no big deal for you experienced guys. Thanks for the help!)[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the same thing with minimal success. Glad you got it working. Seems like a janky design.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I wish the shot up the middle to qualify the haunt was less repetitive. Maybe one up the middle to start the qualification process, the additional shots should be randomized with final shot up the middle to start the haunt.

Agreed, and great idea.

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My family is officially joining the club! Should have one next week sometime (it shipped out today). Our first NIB Stern since BM66, we love all of Lyman’s games and just couldn’t pass this up.

You’re gonna love it! Don’t pass up Medisynl’s mods, I should be getting mine soon.

#2866 3 years ago

Holy crap, first game after .95 and I killed it!

Defeated Gappa Angry (first time), defeated three dead heads (first time), Phone-A-Fiend multiball (first time), and Attic Attack multiball (second time). Almost finished the Hand of Fate. 696 million total. Two extra balls from deadheads and finishing haunts.

Great update Lyman! My next few games will suck, though.

1 week later
#3017 3 years ago

Anyone have powdercoat pictures of their Premium? I have 2 red trimmed games and didn’t want another one in red. I elected to go illusion purple, but I’m not sure how that’s going to look.

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

LOL mine sits right next to my tricked out Iron Man and had the same issue. I was considering a glossy black with Robert Stone’s mega sparkle silver mixed with smaller magenta sparkles... he also posted a sparkly green that looks OK... but purple sounds cool too thanks for being the guinea pig looking forward to checking it out!

Shit, well I already paid for it. Lucky for me, there's a powdercoat dude 3 minutes from my house and it was cheap. If it looks terrible, BOLO for my purple trim ad!

#3021 3 years ago

Illusion purple matches my old Metallica right? Should look killer!

Yes indeed. I may wind up switching the t-molding color to purple as well as the speaker molding color.

I have a few purple accent LEDs on the playfield, and the apron/backglass have touches of purple.

I’ll upload pictures so everyone can make fun of me.

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

This is a custom mix I do to match the Elvira green. So there’s this option. My experience with illusion purple is it will look good enough. It’s a very very dark color so for the most part short of being in direct sunlight it’ll be close to a black. This games tricky cause the interior doesn’t really reflect exterior ya know. I was honestly surprised how good the green looks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Robert. That looks similar to the GB you did for me.

I have BKSOR in black iced cherry next to Elvira which looks very dark expect under certain lights. If I can do the same thing with purple, I’ll be happy.

#3041 3 years ago

I just picked up purple t-molding from there. I’ll post pictures when it’s all together.

#3111 3 years ago

Well, here’s the extra purple edition of EHOH. Purple illusion powder, purple t-molding, purple speaker rings and a few purple GI accents.

The translite and apron have a few purple accents. The cabinet, though, only has red, green and black, so the purple stands out a bit from the side.

Anyway, I didn’t want a row of red games, so Elvira got the purple treatment.

A6FDD334-3A2D-44F8-B2B1-D6FB1D5FDA24 (resized).jpegA6FDD334-3A2D-44F8-B2B1-D6FB1D5FDA24 (resized).jpeg047E6A4F-1184-4320-9BB9-1345426C9A70 (resized).jpeg047E6A4F-1184-4320-9BB9-1345426C9A70 (resized).jpegE75E551C-91B7-49C6-9374-9257C30BCD17 (resized).jpegE75E551C-91B7-49C6-9374-9257C30BCD17 (resized).jpeg30478F9B-E239-439F-9557-232B80A8A6A2 (resized).jpeg30478F9B-E239-439F-9557-232B80A8A6A2 (resized).jpegE604432D-419B-4CE5-BAA2-76FEFD3E006E (resized).jpegE604432D-419B-4CE5-BAA2-76FEFD3E006E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3234 3 years ago

^^ See post #2710. I had a similar issue with the haunted house shot. I removed the subway, drilled a wider hole and re-aligned the opto. No issues.

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And I"m still hoping for a match video of unpleasant dreams.

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Great tips! Thanks! I feel like I've probably had a handful of first time owner questions that have likely been answered a hundred times somewhere on this forum, and so far everyone has been super helpful!

Yeah, lower the default trough eject power and get Cliffys. I always lay down some mylar as well. Cliffys are a must with any game, IMO.

1 week later
#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Need some help. Recently when I shoot the house to start a mod, the ball will just roll back out. This happens 80% of the time. Because this happens I don't get to see the Elvira clips much. what should I look for to fix this?

Does it roll out after ball search, or dribble out of the house?

If it releases after ball search, it’s likely an opto. If the house won’t hold it, it’s likely something blocking the ball.

#3507 3 years ago

Good Lord that’s a huge update. And a new deadhead!

#3518 3 years ago

Man, this game is special and it’s not even done. I love all the subtle touches and polish.

My only minor complaint is mechanical. The new dead head mode requires you to shoot the coffin targets with the lockdown button... but if you’re stuck with an underperforming mech, the ball kind of dribbles out and you’re stuck.

I’ve adjusted it three times and I’m batting about .500 with hitting the targets.

#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Now that the VUK is an in game skill-shot it needs to be made reliable. I didn’t really care before but now it needs to be accurate and consistent since installing the new code. No offense but the repairs I have seen so far done on this mechanism don’t give me a warm fuzzy. I’m going to take a crack at it an let everybody know the result. At first inspection I noticed this when I took the VUK out and laid it on my work bench. I think this is the main reason why these are inconsistent. My first thought is to make an insert that will attach to the base of the VUK to center the resting ball better. As of now the resting pinball is not centered with plunger at all. More to come and advise / recommendations are always welcome.[quoted image]

Yes, please let us know what you discover. I’ve kind of given up on that mech, which is too bad.

#3590 3 years ago

Well, it’s raining so I rolled my sleeves up to tackle this stupid mech.

I rotated it beyond the Stern recommended fix and it seems to work. The ball rockets out in test. Not sure how it will perform during normal play or long term. Some pictures:

0C21483F-12AA-4DC7-8B6C-6055736B4527 (resized).jpeg0C21483F-12AA-4DC7-8B6C-6055736B4527 (resized).jpeg1FB39AF3-8B77-41F9-AE4E-941010D444C6 (resized).jpeg1FB39AF3-8B77-41F9-AE4E-941010D444C6 (resized).jpeg5C08047B-812F-4218-B775-6251DE54B0FE (resized).jpeg5C08047B-812F-4218-B775-6251DE54B0FE (resized).jpeg
#3610 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's no grace period on hitting a flashing target, so it's actually more challenging that it looks. I wonder what is supposed to happen after beating 3 deadheads? Or even beating them all?
Rob

Still not coded. I played some games last night and only concentrated on the deadheads.

Defeating each deadhead gets progressively more difficult as each number flashes then the whole banks flashes. The key is to time the shot when the whole bank is flashing.

After defeating all three deadheads, the shot remains open and nothing happens. I’m sure Lyman has something cool up his sleeve.

#3623 3 years ago

Another weird bug...

Gappa Angry was close to being lit. Started House Party multiball and finished freak fryer during multiball.

Once House Party was over, Gappa Angry was not lit. I hit a shot in the house and it was lit again. One more shot to the house started Gappa Angry.

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Just joined the Club. Great game. My pin was born June 9, 2020 so it already has the 0.96 code. Is there any place I can find the game rules, if not for the current code, at least for the previous? I have been trying to figure out how to light up the extra ball

Extra ball is lit by defeating 2 deadheads or completing 2 haunts.

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I’ve ordered a premium and have bought plenty of mods and plastics in preparation but I see a note regarding the stern shaker motor that says it does not work with the premium edition. Does this mean there is no shaker support for the premium at all?

The shaker works fine with the Premium.

#3727 3 years ago

Just purchased my NIB EHOH Premium 5 days ago. It has very few plays , but I just noticed chipping in the shooter lane where the ball is loaded. It appears that the lacquer was weak and the loading of the ball has chipped away an area. It has not affected game play, but rather the aesthetic aspect of the pin. Anybody knows of a home fix for this? I already notified Stern.[quoted image]

This happens to everyone.

Turn down the eject strength, lay down Mylar and install Cliffys. Problem solved.

You’ll pull your hair out for weeks with Stern, and eventually they may ship you some sandpaper and liquid clear. Not worth the effort.

#3730 3 years ago

That’s it. Cliffys are mandatory in all of my games, but his website isn’t the easiest to navigate.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Has anyone noticed that the ball bashes the tip of the ramp if you happen to hit it before it’s gone all the way down I think this is going to become a problem. I put a little dent in it and eventually it’s not going to be straight and flush with the playfield

I already have a small dent there as well. I’m hoping someone smarter than me will come up with a solution.

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ours is dented as well but we have a playfield protector fitted. Talk to Cliffy, I am sure he can come up with a solution. Bicycyle girl ramp on TWDLE had the same sort of issue. The cliffy fix is awesome.

I think the difference, though, between EHOH and TWDLE is that the Elvira ramp moves slowly *during* multiball while the TWD ramp is pretty instantaneous during the Bicyle Girl mode (not a multiball).

I love the numerous physical ball locks on Elvira, but I always get nervous about that center ramp during a multiball.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I don’t think I explain myself clearly there’s a piece of metal at the end of the ramp on Elvira and when the ramp goes down or up slowly there’s a chance that the ball can hit it and bend it. It’s not a matter of a plastic protector. there has to be something that you can put on the end of the ramp so you don’t bend the crap out of the thin piece of metal at the end of it If you should happen to hit it before it’s fully down

Iceman is responding to AvidPinPlayer about the shooter lane issue. We’re talking about the center ramp.

Anyway, back to the game, I got to Scream Test last night and picked up the Wilhelm scream at the end. Nice job Lyman!

#3851 3 years ago

Question on the Stern side armor for EHOH, the one with the spider web. Are these powder coated?

They’re powdercoated in crinkle black, the same as the rest of the Premium trim.

2 weeks later
#4029 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Has anyone changed any leds bulb in their machine yet? I tried to change a few colors and use comet bulbs and nothing so put the original cool white back and lit right up, weird.
I know stern on the spike machines use a 5VAC led, the comets are 6.3VAC leds. They should still light but just be slightly dimmer then if there were resisted for 5v.

I swapped to all clear dome cool white 2SMDs except the shooter lane LEDs (too bright). A few purples scattered about. Looks nice!

1 week later
#4083 3 years ago

Gargoyle flew off his pogo stick tonight. Guess I gotta jam this thing up his ass again.

#4150 3 years ago

I’d love to see an EHOH topper, but I’m still waiting on the BKSOR topper I ordered in early March and haven’t received. I get the pandemic delay, and a topper is certainly the most nonessential thing I can think of, but Stern has to take care of existing customers before churning out more stuff.

#4200 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thank you Lman! Gonna upload tonight with a cold one.

Today is National Tequila Day. I fully intend to shoot a few games with a margarita.

#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

happened to me too - doesnt seem attached in any way. Did you secure it somehow?

I used some contact cement I had laying around. Any type of glue or adhesive should work, though.

#4323 3 years ago

Finally met Creepo tonight. He’s pretty awesome. Also heard the Jarhead say, “That’s more f*cked up than a left handed football!”

Love it!

#4348 3 years ago

Wow, I’m happy to be part of the EHOH/BKSOR club!

In the meanwhile, my 9 year old made me an Elvira topper. QC is so-so, but the price was right.

1 week later
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So perhaps you can help me here, I sold my Star Wars premium cause I got frustrated with it's gameplay and the unfair drains. I am just a mediocre player. Now I want to buy a new game and I am on the fence between Elvira or Jurassic Park premium. I love the Elvira/old Horror Movie themes, always wished for a Rocky Horror Picture Show pinball game, but the layout looks so simple on Elvira. JP looks way more interesting, but I hate narrow shots, like the Death Star on Star Wars or the Extra Ball in Fish Tales when they are to important. I like games with cool moments and show effects. Elvira looks like it has this in tons.
But do you think that the Elvira game have enough staying power and fit in a line up with BKPrem, Iron Maiden LE, AC/DC, The Hobbit and the Shadow? Or is it to similar in game play with one of these? I am worried that the cellar shot is to similar to the Iron Maiden under the Middle Ramp shot?

I have the same line-up as you (minus Hobbit and Shadow). EHOH will fit in fine. The IMDN Premium middle ramp is indeed similar to EHOH, but the similarities end there. EHOH has a deceptively simple layout, but there are physical ball locks galore combined with two subways. The game does play longer than BKSOR or ACDC, but there are so many moments that even long games will offer something new. It's one of Stern's best games ever, a statement thrown around a lot, but it's true (and it's not even done).

#4491 3 years ago

Coil for topper! It does a thing!

Now that I have my BKSOR topper, Stern is allowed to sell me the EHOH topper.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4495 3 years ago
3B5677E0-53BC-4ECA-B792-4DE11CCCC1C5 (resized).jpeg3B5677E0-53BC-4ECA-B792-4DE11CCCC1C5 (resized).jpeg
#4575 3 years ago

My deadhead mech went bananas after the code update. Coincidence, or has anyone else had issues?

The mech will continuously cycle through the closed door, skull and opening. In attract mode, it isn’t fully closed.

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'd say it is a coincidence. Did you try the diagnostic tests?
Rob

I haven’t dug into it yet. I wasn’t sure if it was code related. I’ll pop the hood and report back.

#4671 3 years ago

Trying to troubleshoot my deadhead mech. See the loose screw? I’m assuming this is bad? Looks like a total ass pain to disassemble.

Yeah, upon fiddling with it, the screw seems too loose to allow tension to raise the mech. Sigh.

#4674 3 years ago

Problem solved. The screw on the deadhead mech was never tightened. Like, at all. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I had to remove the entire mech to get to it. Yuck. Works like a champ now.
F9D7D0CB-D8F3-4840-AC8A-0095D8058BBD (resized).jpegF9D7D0CB-D8F3-4840-AC8A-0095D8058BBD (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4832 3 years ago

LSOG posted that $999 was correct and limited to 200.

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does it do anything or is it just formed/moulded plastic?

There’s a topper coil setting or something in the latest code. I would expect the door opens to reveal something inside the crypt. Could be really cool.

But for $1000, I’ll let the 200 people who aren’t me enjoy the experience.

#4878 3 years ago

Sucks. Stern really does make good toppers. I have a BKSOR attached to my BK topper.

But for $1K, I’m genuinely bummed because Elvira is a keeper for sure. That’s just too much money.

#4944 3 years ago

Sgt Jarhead told me I was more fucked up than a left handed football! I couldn’t believe my ears.

#5030 3 years ago

I’d like to see a mod that labels each of those windows. There are modes with fewer shots, so you’d do those first to light the extra ball. Similarly, once you get the key, you can play Santa, Gila or Dracula.

I even thought about making small labels, but it would look fugly. Any other ideas?

1 week later
#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have pinwoofer on met and the maiden I just sold, but not the super, it wasn't available yet. Will be putting it on zepp for sure. Thinkin about a bksor, I think it woukd be amazing there too

I have the kit in the backbox of BKSOR. It’s a well put-together kit and definitely makes the game sound better/louder. I’m not sure the value is there for what you get, but if you enjoy the difference, go for it. I’m happy with a powered sub for the rest of my games.

#5188 3 years ago

In other news, I installed Munsters side armor after powdercoating purple. The EHOH armor is painted and wouldn’t have gone with my extra-purple EHOH edition. I think it turned out really well.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those look nice. I saw these on amazon that you could have sitting on the backbox.[quoted image]

I’m stealing that. Great idea!

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The fricken unique trailer based on your gameplay feature... is AWESOME!
Here was one of mine from an okay game.
https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessWiseOcelotAMPEnergy
I had one called “I Eat Your Shoulder” as well. Haha

That’s too funny! Can’t wait.

#5471 3 years ago

Great code update. All new lightshow, some new clips and callouts and an awesome new feature with the trailer at the end. Such a fun game.

1 week later
#5766 3 years ago

I decided to build *5 only* custom toppers. If you’re interested, please post in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-elvira-topper-interest-list

$475 plus $40 shipping

14DBF851-9A9F-4174-A423-3992167B71C1 (resized).jpeg14DBF851-9A9F-4174-A423-3992167B71C1 (resized).jpeg83A906B2-BBA8-43DF-9EB1-F8D1EE041F2E (resized).jpeg83A906B2-BBA8-43DF-9EB1-F8D1EE041F2E (resized).jpegD70ADDB8-4574-4B7F-B400-FEA9571B6C86 (resized).jpegD70ADDB8-4574-4B7F-B400-FEA9571B6C86 (resized).jpegF2F2BFFD-D18A-43D2-8D36-33C70D4D51FD (resized).jpegF2F2BFFD-D18A-43D2-8D36-33C70D4D51FD (resized).jpeg
#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice! Looks like Elvira' beehive hairdo just fits under your ceiling tile.

Ha, yeah, I've got just over 7" of clearance. My topper is the exact same height as the Stern toppers, so it's nestled comfortably between the IMDN topper and BKSOR topper (best topper ever!).

3 weeks later
#5962 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm having bad games lately, what's yr strategy in getting to gappa?

During multiball, focus on the spinner shot to the pops. That will rack up the Freak Fryer meter pretty quickly.

1 week later
#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Please help.
Once in a while I've had problems with balls getting stuck in the cellar. In the past, I could go into the cellar coil test, fire the coil and the ball would shoot out and then the game would play normally again.
Now, anytime a ball goes into the cellar lock and should get shot back out the game does not seem to realize the ball is there. I can still eject the ball with the cellar coil test.
Is this a switch that's suppose to tell the game there is a ball in the cellar?
I'm a terrible pinball mechanic so thanks for the any help on direction.

Your opto may be misaligned. Check my posts in this thread for my issue and how I fixed it.

Basically, the opto tells the game if there’s a ball in the cellar. If the opto is misaligned, the game doesn’t know a ball is present. The ball search will clear it.

I drilled a slightly wider hole in the back subway and that fixed it. The stock opto hole is super small.

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Does getting to the cellar opto require removing the house?

No. Pull the playfield out on the supports. Look behind the backboard. There’s a black plastic subway. The opto is attached to that.

Take the subway off. Do a switch test on the opto to see if it works. If there’s no trigger, take off the opto and do another switch test. If it works, your opto is misaligned.

If you’re comfortable, I recommend re-aligning and drilling a slightly wider hole.

Check my previous posts with pictures.

1 month later
#6640 3 years ago

Stern Creepo shooter for sale. Lightly used. $90 new, pretty much sold out everywhere.

$75 shipped.

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern Creepo shooter for sale. Lightly used. $90 new, pretty much sold out everywhere.
$75 shipped. [quoted image]

Sold.

#6720 3 years ago

That’s cool! Nice work.

1 week later
#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Which slingshot/inlane plastic protectors (if any) have you added?
A) clear (for basic protection)
B) purple (to match playfield colors)
C) red (with cutouts so artwork isn't tinted)
D) red with dripping blood (to match LE side rails)
[quoted image]
And are you using Cliffys for the shooter lane or did you add mylar?
[quoted image]

Where did you get the red cutout plastics? Those look cool.

1 week later
#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have a loose screw on the hinge of the crypt skull mechanism. I noticed it when I was replacing the OEM rings with Titan ones. Looks like it's a pain to get at. What needs to be done to remove the mechanism? I'm going to add a nylon washer and some lock tight so it doesn't wiggle free again. Any pointers on removal are appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to me, and indeed it’s a pain in the ass. I may have some pictures in one of my posts. You’ll have to remove the entire mech to tighten that one little screw. Just go slow and take pictures.

#6978 3 years ago

The Munsters armor looks pretty good, too.

#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

This was my first thought and I looked at the pics of GnR spinner to see how it was made. I also looked at the major pinball parts suppliers looking for ideas and parts. I wasnt sure how I would do this with the tools I have. Its not out of the question yet but my first trail and error for this didnt work. Seemed that when I heated up the material to get the wire to go into the spinner it pushed back as it cooled. Therefore it would break at first hit. GnR looks like a two piece spinner and I wanted it single to keep it clear as possible. Ill keep messing with it as time allows. The attached picture shows the wire (gate off a pinbot) into the acrylic. This was actually in twice as far and as it cooled it pushed out.
But Anyways, The graveyard mirror will be up soon in my shop once I get caught up with my current orders.
Thanks
Rob[quoted image]

Just ordered. Pretty cool!

#7045 3 years ago

Reflective grave marker arrived today. Looks great. Kind of a tight fit with the Deadhead crypt mod, but no other issues. Highly recommended.

229B8EF6-7151-434D-B887-9C0C5E9C9D6A (resized).jpeg229B8EF6-7151-434D-B887-9C0C5E9C9D6A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7127 3 years ago

First!

The screen mod is awesome. Very well integrated, the instructions are clear and I didn’t have any issues with installation.

It’s definitely one of those totally unnecessary but absolutely cool mods. I really like it!

0295B1C2-F3E8-4FE8-97DF-AE86DACFA542 (resized).jpeg0295B1C2-F3E8-4FE8-97DF-AE86DACFA542 (resized).jpeg0DEFA5B5-A034-4D53-972B-05B1DD7A7C7F (resized).jpeg0DEFA5B5-A034-4D53-972B-05B1DD7A7C7F (resized).jpeg
#7129 3 years ago

I’m right there with you, easy install and really tops off a great game. I highly recommend it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I told ya you’d like the game!

#7136 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks great! Thanks for pointing out the typo I had. I'm printing out replacement art work and will be shipping it out this weekend to you and all the others I've shipped the mod too so far.

I have an unhealthy obsession with typos. It was the first thing I saw!

But sincerely, no big deal and thanks for the replacement art. It’s a great mod!

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just joined the club by picking up a Premium last night.
Got a little problem though. The ball barely makes up and out of the crypt VUK. It's pathetic. It has nowhere near the velocity to make it across the playfield to the combo lock targets. Menu says it's at full power. Seems to be no room for adjustment under the playfield. Coil is properly secured and moving freely. Not instantly clear what the problem is. Is there a known fix for this?

Common problem. There are dozens of posts on this thread about the issue. Your coil is fine, but it’s misaligned. You’ll need to re-mount it under the playfield.

Check some of my posts for pictures.

#7166 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Looks cool. Who sells and and does it comes with the film clips/trailers?

docquest sells them. The kit comes with everything to include the film clips.

#7305 3 years ago

Typo free!

#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What was the original typo?

Fiilm

#7312 3 years ago

I didn't even change mine as of yet, was it easy peeling the old one off?

Yeah, took me maybe 15 minutes. Remove the apron, remove the mod, peel the old label, slap on the new one. Super easy.

1 month later
#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Having the same issue with the crypt sticking slightly open, but am wondering if my issue is related to this screw being loose.
I can move the skull up and down like.. so.. should this be tightened down?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is 100% your issue. I had the same problem. You need to remove the entire mech to tighten that screw.

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I will wait till I actually own the pin

#7832 3 years ago

I will wait till I actually own the pin

I am not waiting till I own the pin

1 week later
#7861 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've never heard that callout once.

That’s Sergeant Jarhead, absolutely in the game. I love that guy.

1 month later
#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

Last night turned my machine on for the first time in a week and the red lights in the back box came on as usual, but the screen never started up, and back box stayed red. After turning off/unplugging the red lights stay on for 3-4 seconds then fade away. Tried it 4-5 times. Thanks for any thoughts

With the game off, re-seat the SD card. Turn the game back on.

#8732 2 years ago

Just arrived!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I know this was a long road, but play and enjoy it!

4 months later
#10016 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Has anyone tried putting Stern's Munsters armor on an Elvira Premium? I'm wondering how they'd look as is or powder coated with a red or purple metal flake. I'm looking for ways to gussy up Elvira without going the 40th Anniversary route. I'm assuming no one has the LE/SE dripping blood rails for sale.
[quoted image]

E2FEDA1C-3B07-453B-B393-7FB78B71A17D (resized).jpegE2FEDA1C-3B07-453B-B393-7FB78B71A17D (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10376 2 years ago

We totally cheated, pulled the glass and played the Santa mode on Christmas. Totally worth it! Merry Christmas to everyone!

C6BD85D0-90D4-4BA8-8414-7330200EDE69 (resized).jpegC6BD85D0-90D4-4BA8-8414-7330200EDE69 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10616 2 years ago

Gone in 22 minutes

1 month later
#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

For the guys who have the Stern spiderweb armor did you drill the cabinet for the extra screw?

No. It sits fine without screws.

3 weeks later
#10926 2 years ago

Just listed my Elvira Collector Card Apron Display mod. Each display is unique and numbered, limited to 40 unique card displays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-collector-card-apron-display-limited-to-40

7308BA30-2449-480A-AF02-BF9BC07E0417 (resized).jpeg7308BA30-2449-480A-AF02-BF9BC07E0417 (resized).jpegCFAAF771-09D7-42B6-AA38-84D1152CAF04 (resized).jpegCFAAF771-09D7-42B6-AA38-84D1152CAF04 (resized).jpegFB57C356-E3BF-40C2-893E-CDE26BADCF03 (resized).jpegFB57C356-E3BF-40C2-893E-CDE26BADCF03 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10999 1 year ago

Here’s a fun little mod that labels each of the windows with the corresponding movie. 3D printed and hand painted. $20 shipped. Post in the thread or feel free to reach out and I’ll get you set up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elviras-house-of-horrors-window-labels-
F2E62279-D68A-4034-8FFE-EB3365DF96C0 (resized).jpegF2E62279-D68A-4034-8FFE-EB3365DF96C0 (resized).jpeg837CABD3-5916-4C91-B7ED-643360C897B7 (resized).jpeg837CABD3-5916-4C91-B7ED-643360C897B7 (resized).jpegB3760368-5874-4010-ADB3-98299A30AC37 (resized).jpegB3760368-5874-4010-ADB3-98299A30AC37 (resized).jpegA0E8DFE4-3A50-44B4-BB08-3B8F5C85C41F (resized).jpegA0E8DFE4-3A50-44B4-BB08-3B8F5C85C41F (resized).jpeg009718F9-ACCF-4218-9F63-A61DD6CDEF06 (resized).jpeg009718F9-ACCF-4218-9F63-A61DD6CDEF06 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#11018 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

No takers on this yet.
He's raised his offer to $900 PLUS a standard set, for the 40th anniversary set (he has either an Elvira Mistress of the Dark set with the updated V2 Gargoyle, or the original custom set mentioned above).
While I expressed hope that nobody would buy the 40th set just to flip, I'd understand if someone took an open offer like this.

Wow, that would be a no brainer for me, but I don’t have the 40th anniversary set.

1 week later
#11102 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

How did you get the card plastic surround?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-collector-card-apron-display-limited-to-40

On hold now, but I’ll make more in the coming weeks. About half are sold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.