IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrCleanHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2972 3 years ago

#92 is in the House

This is my first modern game since WMS Pinball 2000 (RFM and SWE1) Way different than my 90's DMD games. Does anyone know if you can disable the lockdown button when its on freeplay and only be used when its supposed to be used in game? I have a habit of hitting it every time I see it flash.

IMG_0699 (resized).JPGIMG_0699 (resized).JPG
#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Jandrea95 is correct. It’s one of the last in feature settings, I believe. “Disable action button to start game on free play” or something to that effect. I got tired of starting a game every time I leaned over the game to adjust something.
You have an incredible collection of classic 90’s era Bally/WMS games, btw!

Found it! Thanks!

Quoted from Diospinball:

Question for you mate... How much do you have to move the elvira, or the other pins, to slide out the glass.
Just curious, as it would seem like a bit of a hassle for waxing and if a ball gets stuck.
I'm not criticizing you. I'm just curious, as I like the setup, and wonder how manageable it is.

It was just sitting in a temporary spot since I just brought it home, its now in the line up with the rest Im out of room in my office now.

IMG_0702 (resized).JPGIMG_0702 (resized).JPG
#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I like the look but I'm afraid the thin edges around the art cutouts will fail from a ball strike. That area gets smacked a lot in multiball.

Its 3mm (1/8") acrylic. I have about 20 games on it now, plenty of multiballs and no issues. Its actually pretty rigid, especially since the factory plastics sit right on top. The attached picture is the latest version of it that I have on my machine also. The blood is a little wider and shorter toward the bottom of the slings. Thats pretty much the only spot I would be worried about.

IMG_0706 (resized).JPGIMG_0706 (resized).JPG
#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else have this pop bumper alignment issue? The bottom bumper is low enough it's chewed up this crypt plastic. I have a lot of stucky balls on this pop on the right side I'm guessing because it was installed too low. I tried to loosen the bolts and justify the pop away from the plastic but there was 0 wiggle room. Don't think there's a fix other than widening the pop mount holes to move it about .20".
[quoted image]

Mine is close, about .03-.05 away but not hitting. Can you move the Crypt at all?

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else have this pop bumper alignment issue? The bottom bumper is low enough it's chewed up this crypt plastic. I have a lot of stucky balls on this pop on the right side I'm guessing because it was installed too low. I tried to loosen the bolts and justify the pop away from the plastic but there was 0 wiggle room. Don't think there's a fix other than widening the pop mount holes to move it about .20".
[quoted image]

I also have wires on the outside of the crypt at that spot.....??

IMG_0707 (resized).JPGIMG_0707 (resized).JPG
#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Please help me figure this out..
Anytime I start a new game on Elvira HOH. It goes immediately to "Unhappy Hour" mode.
Game starts racking up big points almost if a ghost is playing game. This continues on and on and on.
Ball will auto plunge if lost and continue in "Unhappy Hour"
I've reinstalled update.. FULL Install... I've flashed back to factory settings.. Reinstalled update. Downloaded
a Fresh new copy.. Rinse Repeat.
I might get 1 game in without "Unhappy Hour" glitch.. Then it repeats over again.
Anyone else? Any Ideas what to do?
No Operator messages / no stuck switches. Its madness.

Mine seemed to do this as well. I checked everything and everything worked in test mode. What I did that fixed it was I adjusted the right ramp Opto's so they lined up more with the holes in the ramp. I have not had a problem since. Hope its that easy of a fix for yours.

2 months later
#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

True...colored plastic protectors need to be the "cut-out" versions otherwise they ruin the original plastic artwork by bleeding the color through.

Here is the link to the ones I make for Elvira. Just the slings and return lanes. The red is dark so they are cut out for the light to shine through. They look great and I have never had an air ball of the left ramp. I have nothing but positive feedback for these as well as the others I make. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Rob

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1259-silverball-designs/03755-slingshot-amp-return-lane-set-for-elvira-s-house-of-horrors

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Any chance you can do them in green?

I dont think I have any "candy" Green translucent, but I do have Florescent Green like the ones I been making for TMNT2.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#4613 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

The same started happening to me last night where the ball would shoot up the ramp into the house to start a mode and boop! it rolls back down the ramp. I wasn't finding the solution in any posts here either. I'll be watching to see if anyone solves it!

See if the diverter on the back board is going up and down. If not loosen up the lock down screw a 1/4 turn that is on the diverter to the motor and see if that helps. I did this with mine and have never had a problem since.

5 months later
#6949 3 years ago

Correct me if Im wrong but did someone make a mod for the right orbit so the spinner didnt block the flashing arrow insert? I though I seen something about it in this thread awhile back but couldn't find it.

Thanks
Rob

#6985 3 years ago

Dont know if there is any interest in this but I created a simple Mod for the right orbit RGB insert that is hidden behind the spinner. I didnt feel like doing any soldering, so this is what I came up with. The first pics shows the part. Second pic shows what it looks like from my perspective (Im 6'ft). 3rd pic is just a close up so you really can see the reflection of the insert. It just screws into where the existing screw is and thats it. Cant be any simpler and its effective.

I also etched "Elvira" on the acrylic just because I could plus its gives it a little character.

LMK if there is a demand and I will list them here on Pinside.

GM01s (resized).jpgGM01s (resized).jpgGM02s (resized).jpgGM02s (resized).jpgGM02ss (resized).jpgGM02ss (resized).jpg
#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

This looks pretty neat I would be interested

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Great idea. I had questioned how that RGB could tastefully be made more visible (can never see it from my height at 5' 9"), and this looks perfect (not having to tap into any lighting is a big plus for many).

Thanks. I played around a little more with it and I think this will be the final design. I will add this to my Pinside shop today sometime. $10 shipped should cover it. I will also add it to my Blood dripping plastics for a additional $5.

As far as the Text goes I will stick with "Elvira". Maybe I will add a option for custom text down the road.

Thanks again guys!

GM03s (resized).jpgGM03s (resized).jpg
#7009 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I really like this mirrored tombstone idea ,
another idea I think would work is the Guns and Roses Transparent guitar pick spinner idea looks ideal, if someone made a transparent square one we could see thru the spinner with beast booster etched into it etc.

This was my first thought and I looked at the pics of GnR spinner to see how it was made. I also looked at the major pinball parts suppliers looking for ideas and parts. I wasnt sure how I would do this with the tools I have. Its not out of the question yet but my first trail and error for this didnt work. Seemed that when I heated up the material to get the wire to go into the spinner it pushed back as it cooled. Therefore it would break at first hit. GnR looks like a two piece spinner and I wanted it single to keep it clear as possible. Ill keep messing with it as time allows. The attached picture shows the wire (gate off a pinbot) into the acrylic. This was actually in twice as far and as it cooled it pushed out.

But Anyways, The graveyard mirror will be up soon in my shop once I get caught up with my current orders.

Thanks
Rob

IMG_1071 (resized).JPGIMG_1071 (resized).JPG
#7015 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any chance you could make some pop caps for Led Zep, in guitar pick shapes,? Really needed for this pin

PM Sent. For what its worth, I have made quite a bit of custom (one offs) cut acrylic for pins. Lately its been base mounts for figures so its easy to place on existing hardware.

#7024 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have two questions
Is it normal that the door doesn’t close complete at the crypt ?
And when the house is open it sometimes reject the ball to the front before animation stops. Is that a known issue ?[quoted image]

My Crypto door has a gap as well, maybe a little more than yours so I would assume its normal.

This may help on the other issue. On mine I had a problem with the diverter that lets the ball go into the house (around the back board). You can see the diverter go up and down right behind the house when playing or in test mode. What was happening on mine that it would bind when going down and never make it around on the cam that drives it. So I loosened the set screw a quarter turn (on the cam) and havent had a problem since.

Hopefully that helps.

1 month later
#7626 3 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Who sells the blood drop plastic protectors?

They are in my pinside shop or on ebay.

1 year later
#11907 1 year ago

If anyone is still waiting for the next run and dont want to wait, Im thinking about moving on my LE. Less than 400 plays, some mods, Stern topper and Stern shooter rod. Pick up only in Ohio, cash and carry. I dont need to sell it I just need some space . PM if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrCleanHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=MrCleanHead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.