20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

got my Signature Edition #25/50 yesterday. extremely impressed so far. not one issue. it's hard to tell in the pics, but the foil is jaw dropping incredible. the code is young, but like others have said, the framework that's there is solid and I expect nothing but greatness from what's to come.
code update, proper alignment, and power adjustments were a must.
the shots on this game are like a dream. and stacking all the modes and multiballs on top of eachother while staring at boobies is exactly what it sounds like.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got to play this exact game and meet Matt Tuesday night (awesome guy and host). Previously didn't see more of the game than a bit of a stream and the teaser, so I was pretty impressed when I got to experience it. Code may be early, but the atmosphere is already beyond expectations (haunt intro is perfect).

Foil cabinet absolutely needs to be seen in person to appreciate.

Can't wait to play it again

2 weeks later
#947 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

This may have been asked. Quick question. Anyone having issues with code .87 and the junk in the trunk loading two balls and then ball searching?

Loaded this up Sunday night on Matt's SLE and we experienced the same issue.

Definitely seems to be a code issue.

4 weeks later
#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have been working on a sign mod for the crypt. It's almost ready. Color in one of the pics is pinkish, it's just a test fit, it will match better as shown in other pics. Should be ready in a few days. Will look much better than the stock plastic. It will adhere to the plastic with backing tape so no need to remove the plastic and mess with the rivets.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Looks great. I had debated making this as well, but questioned how I'd go about preserving the light up insert at the face. Not sure if you found a solution as I expect the mod covers it (perhaps there's a way to tie in a separate light?.. I don't own the game, so I have somewhat limited access to explore).

Won't be touching any of the areas you've modded, but I do have 3D pops already completed (not pool related, and more visible light interaction from player perspective when 3D) and working on a couple others. Plan to reveal everything at once when completed.

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks. That light for the front doesn’t do a whole lot. For the sign, light will still bleed through and it will shine down on the playfield and there’s still the sides of the crypt that will light. I could offer an uplit spotlight type flasher mod to go off on the sign when the light in the crypt goes off, but it’s going to be pricey for a spotlight because it requires the use of a 3 pin z connector and those are NLA so I’m preserving my stock. I think I will offer it, but like I said, it won’t be so cheap. For the sign, it will initially be $49 shipped, which I think is a good deal given the thickness of the sign (~1/4”), the detail and the hand painting. Probably add $25 for the spotlight option.

Understood. I don't have great knowledge of the game or light indicators, but know some won't want to block such lighting. $49 is a great price, and still very fair with the spotlight option. Just a suggestion of course as I had already thought about it. Definitely my favorite of the mods you've shown thus far.

I also know these newer Sterns are a bit of a pain to integrate lighting into at times (lightboards, sensitivity to add-ons, etc.), so I wasn't sure if it was even practical (similar to what you mentioned with the skeleton key integration).

1 week later
#1531 4 years ago

More information and photos in the Mod Thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods#post-5396737

Note: Blue casket and gargoyle wall in a couple shots of the video are an earlier prototype (noticeable gap between them doesn't exist in the production version, and the casket mech function was tightened up).

Mechanical casket, Gargoyle Crypt Eject cover, Gonk's Dog House, 3D cleavage pop bumpers, and 2 pieces of grassy covers for the front flashers.

Special thanks to my friend Matt ("hbagz" here) for use of his Elvira so that these mods could exist
20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Elvira that i played back in November kept getting the ball or balls stuck in that casket on the left ramp. Is that a common problem or just a problem with the one i was playing?

Was a code issue that was solved.

3 weeks later
#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Great looking mod ! Where can I buy this ?

Long waitlist on them right now, but more information can be found in the mod thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

I appreciate your interest.

2 months later
#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Well, 5 days from new it won't even turn on. Reading on here it sounds like it may be a bad SD card. Since this is my first ever pinball purchase, does Stern fix this or am I expected to shell out and replace the bad part myself?

Try reformatting the existing SD card and loading the current code.

Worked when my friend's game had the SD issue early on, and no issue since.

1 month later
#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

figured I'd post in here before calling Stern, having an issue with the garage where the Garage lock 3 opto isn't registering. is it a bad board? it will take a ball search to figure out its in there during a game which is frustrating because the mode will usually time out before it happens. thanks guys.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Did you check the opto plug under the playfield?

I worked on his game tonight and got it working.

Connections were fine.

Installed, the switch test was only triggering lock 1 and 2. No response on 3. Pulled out, I was able to trigger all three, so the boards were confirmed to be functional.

Ended up pulling the guide on the receiver side and drilling out that 3rd hole a bit (wire wheeling any burring smooth).

Working perfect.

EDIT: Also did Pin_Guy's temp fix on the VUK (post #3707) and that worked out perfectly as well.

1 week later
#3963 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yep we're pretty stoked as well, and we just ordered the Medisinyl Mods too which look dam awesome.

Quoted from Vino:

Smart move.
I rarely mod games, but that interactive casket absolutely blends in and completes the game.

Quoted from jfh:

Yup. The casket is to Elvira as the Atomic Pile mod is to Batman 66 - a must have mod!

Truly appreciate the positive feedback . Been a rough year (for many of us), and seeing the response here for my work certainly helps keep up morale.

Looking forward to making some new products--TMNT prototyping started last week.

1 month later
#4689 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Do they still sell these? Every time I look at their pinside shop, it's just Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper stuff

There's still a running waitlist on the Elvira mods (backlogged on everything I make currently), and some mods were also temporarily pulled from the shop to help slow down excess orders and will eventually get a final run call (some were already permanently discontinued).

Elvira mods won't make it to the shop until all the initial runs are complete (though may be put on hold at that point to focus on the long TMNT list). Been a hectic year, and as always, I'm thankful for the support.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

Can PM me with the Elvira mods you'd like and I can get you on the list (no payment/commitment until parts are being built for your run).

4 weeks later
#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think my EHOH has reached it's mod limit for my liking lol. To be honest I didn't think I would like the Pinstadium lights in it but the UV glow really compliments it nicely especially in all dark rooms which I like to play in, it light all the playfield area nicely with some great glowing color effects from the UV.
Here is my MOD list:
Mirror Blades
Pinstadium Lights
Boney Beast Ramp
Spider mod
Scampy Camper mod
Lemax Spooky Trees
Lemax DeathHimself figure over garage
Skull totem behind crypt
Lermods Family Crypt mod
Night of the living dead zombie figure on roof ( actually a walking dead figure shhh! lol )
5.25" Speaker with speaker light kits (kit and conversion plates )
Cabinet Pyle 8ohm Dual Voice subwoofer
Lighted flipper buttons
Medisinyl Mods ( these are a must!! IMHO )
Cliffy protectors
USB extension cable ( another must have IMHO )
Lemax clown and skull tombstones on the sling covers
Boney Flipper Bats
Various GI leds changed to purple and blue for a more Erie creepy night atmosphere.
I just need to get tilt graphics lock bar button mod and stern side rails when they are available again. Who knows by that point the machine might be for sale and onto the next [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Bony Beast location looks amazing! And very awesome to see your custom casket amongst all the unique mods Thank you for posting it

2 months later
#5996 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Medisynl Mods installed by Zach

Quoted from Dexter:

Absolute must! These are great mods.

Thank you!

It's been crazy to see the support these have received this year, and it's all been very appreciated. Far beyond any expectation I could have had.

While I don't expect to win the TWIPY, getting nominated to be in the running for mod of the year would still mean a lot.

TWIPY has just opened pre-voting, and I'd be grateful to anyone that believes these mods are worthy of that title and take the time to vote for them (I personally wrote in "Medisinyl Mods - Elvira casket/gargoyle set"): https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/

Thanks again to everyone for the support!

------

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That wasn’t bad at all considering you got all those mods. What are the medisynl mods?
I just put down my $1000 deposit for the next run of Elvira’s. Wife said she wants it.
Also bought a Stranger Things pro demo with 1900 plays for $5395 shipped from Game Exchange of Colorado with full warranty. Ordered the UV kit, shaker, art blades, ramp decal, speaker lights, and shooter lane protector from cointaker and pinball life. Also wife wanted it
[quoted image]

There's still a waitlist on the mods, but you're welcome to send me a PM if you'd like to be added.

Mod thread here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

has anyone run in to the gargoyle mod causing eject issues? i just put mine on yesterday, and the ball's hitting the upper mouth, causing it to drop mid-playfield

I did have one other person (out of over 200 shipped) suggest an issue, then never heard back (no mention of hitting the mouth though). Otherwise, all has been positive.

Welcome to send me some photos to see if the issue can be identified.

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I could never sort the issue out that I was having with the gargoyle head and removed the mod. It was not firing properly across the playfield when exiting the VUK.

Yes, you're the one I was referring to. Welcome to send it back for a refund and I'd pay your shipping cost (or if preferred, I could send a replacement if an anomaly can be identified).

#6031 3 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Medisinyl Sorry I thought I posted about the VUK issue I mentioned in your thread. I was the first one with a issue. In my case the ball ejected high. I have played about 50 games since I reported the problem. The problem remained for 10 to 15 games and gradually the ball lowered it eject path to where it hits one of the three targets about 75% of the time. The other 25% goes sometime above and sometimes below the 3 target. Not sure what is correct for this VUK but I'm happy with those results. Possibly my coil strength was high and self corrected. I have never made any changes to the game other then LED brightness. I have done 2 updates so far. I need to do the most current update. Once again I am sorry I forgot to update you. Great Mod. One of my favorites. I highly recommend it to all EHOH owners.

Of course issues with VUK trajectory have plagued Elvira without my mod installed at all (not sure if this was fixed on later games), so unless it's hitting the mod somehow, it shouldn't have an affect (if it is hitting, then of course I'd like to know about it, but that didn't appear to be a possibility with the game I designed off of, so knowing of any unusual differences would help).

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from dergroover:

I had the same problem, used slow motion video function of my mobile phone, saw the hitting position and reduce the VUK-power slightly (incremental reduction). Now it is 90% OK.
If VUK power is too low the ball is not reaching the opposite target bank anymore. Therefore a kind of compromise.

If you can PM me, I can give you my email to send the video to (if you still have it). Perhaps I can alter the file to prevent this from happening to anyone. PLA is also easily shaped with heat, so if it's a non-cosmetic area, it should be easy to alleviate (while it still sounds like a fairly isolated issue, I'd rather it be 100% without issue).

4 weeks later
#6250 3 years ago

Woke up to see that my Elvira mods made the TWIPY ballot for mod of the year

Thanks again for the support that helped them make the list, and if you believe they merit a place in the top three, it would be awesome to get your vote Thank you!

https://twipys.com/

f48b0f57d46786e63bd8cefc96b18033.giff48b0f57d46786e63bd8cefc96b18033.gif
#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

This had to be about as surprising as a pond freezing over in winter - but so richly and well-deservedly even more predictable!
Congrats to Medisinyl!!!

Haha, well, I live in Florida, so that would be quite a surprise!

Thanks again to everyone for the votes. Truly awesome to make the ballot. While our niche awards event is likely silly to most, it means a lot to me to be recognized in it.

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Get ahold of Medisinyl, he's on last call for these. Best mods for this pin
[quoted image]

Just on last call for unique custom caskets to be made (the Stiffton casket and a couple popular existing custom caskets will continue to be offered after run #21). Cancelling the customs has always been the plan, and was mentioned previously (didn't expect solid interest to remain this long, so pulling the plug a bit earlier than claimed). The customs do take a lot of time that would be better suited towards getting through my long backlogs.

No fear of a complete discontinuation of these mods for awhile. Still surreal to see to see the continued appreciation for these mods. Thanks again to everyone, and it's awesome to see all the PMs and posts about the TWIPY votes

1 month later
#6987 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Dont know if there is any interest in this but I created a simple Mod for the right orbit RGB insert that is hidden behind the spinner. I didnt feel like doing any soldering, so this is what I came up with. The first pics shows the part. Second pic shows what it looks like from my perspective (Im 6'ft). 3rd pic is just a close up so you really can see the reflection of the insert. It just screws into where the existing screw is and thats it. Cant be any simpler and its effective.
I also etched "Elvira" on the acrylic just because I could plus its gives it a little character.
LMK if there is a demand and I will list them here on Pinside. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea. I had questioned how that RGB could tastefully be made more visible (can never see it from my height at 5' 9"), and this looks perfect (not having to tap into any lighting is a big plus for many).

1 month later
#7464 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone know who does the mod for the scoop that shoots across the playfield to hit trunk stand ups? Without having to go through whole thread!

If you mean my gargoyle/casket mod, the thread is linked below, but the waitlist is still fairly long. Just shipped run #19, and new interest would make it into run #23 or #24. Getting through stuff quicker now though (hired some help last month), so hopefully not too long of a wait at the back end (though I do have to juggle it with my other backlogs).

A PM will get you on the list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you mean the fix, or the gargoyle that sits on top of it? That's done by medisinyl

Thank you

3 weeks later
#7772 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Adjusting the VUK instead of the added on mod is an interesting move.

It was suggested to match the factory opening of the VUK that the mod was designed off of (sirlonzelot's was much tighter).

4 weeks later
#8120 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

... i keep waiting for a full on tiki bar mod to pop up (medisinyl?? Lol)

While I can't say Elvira will never be revisited (not necessarily for what you're asking for), I won't have access to the game again until November, and of course have many games I'd like to get to (many ideas on hold for a few years already).

Shall see... As you mention a tiki bar, I've been experimenting with wood filament as well, and liking how it's coming out.

AMH will be getting a lot of wooden parts, and that's the set that will be revealed next.

20210509_023125 (resized).jpg20210509_023125 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats! Hoping I get some freaking news next month. I think I don’t want the game anymore till I play it at my local arcade and remember what a masterpiece this game is.

Much better in the home environment to bring all the atmosphere together.

Not sure we'll get another pin with such great "assets." Custom callouts from a significant celebrity seem hard enough to expect these days, and custom video is truly impressive.

#8296 2 years ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

I’ve just been notified by my distributor that my EHOH should be in sometime next week. My Medysinal mods should be arriving sometime this week, so perfect timing! Cant wait!

Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Congrats! Got mine yesterday and I’m now on the list for the Medysinal mods, run 26. Lol I’ve been really impressed so far. Stern has apparently addressed a lot of the issues people were having. I know there have been VUK issues but mine hits the targets every time. I’ve seen many posts about the trunk not closing but I haven’t had an issue with that so it appears Stern has worked these things out.
[quoted image]

Medysinal = Medisinyl

Sorry for such a confusing name. I first started using it when making a priest/healer class character in EverQuest Online Adventures when I was 18 (2003). I guess it stuck

6 months later
#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok so my vuk is fine just had to remove they gargoyle mod which was affecting the ball.

When the top of the VUK is at the same height as the game the mod was designed with, there shouldn't be any interference (a variance from game to game I didn't account for, but has been an issue for some, and fixed with the information above).

Do you happen to have plastic protectors on your game? If so, that would lift the mod beyond the intended height.

The first batch of V2 gargoyles just went out Friday that have some extra strength, details, and a little more clearance for the top of the VUK (uninstalled pictures in the mod thread).

1 month later
#10607 2 years ago

The 40th set is nearing completion. Limited to 40 hand-numbered sets. I didn't expect the list to fill before I had something to show (wasn't really advertising it), but I'm taking interest on an overflow list in case others back out--best to post overflow interest in the mod thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/15#post-6748150

Not yet finished, but here's most of what to expect (will be experimenting with lighting for the lids soon, and the other set elements will have some unique detail or finish).

More information in the mod thread.

4358703f2c32185180e549ea3265dd68613aad5d (resized).jpg4358703f2c32185180e549ea3265dd68613aad5d (resized).jpgb342e85536c58365e5c6c138c23ae2938c659975 (resized).jpgb342e85536c58365e5c6c138c23ae2938c659975 (resized).jpg4768aaf3bdce333f5a63f269262a830c274c3fab (resized).jpg4768aaf3bdce333f5a63f269262a830c274c3fab (resized).jpg

e766d3be122cebd27988d9881b480ba9ba80fa4d (resized).jpge766d3be122cebd27988d9881b480ba9ba80fa4d (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10866 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is Medisinyl still doing the ramp coffin/ scoop Gargoyle? That's an amazing add-on.

I appreciate the mention and positive feedback .

They're still available, and the list can be seen toward the end of the thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

The limited 40th set is already spoken for, but the standard set is still available with three casket options, and includes the V2 gargoyle VUK that was updated in Nov. 2021.

Anyone interested can PM me for more information and to get on the list. End of the current list may be a few weeks out from now.

3 weeks later
#10986 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

here's pictures of my Elivra House Of Horrors Signature Edition
I'd like to add some mods any suggestions
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In case you hadn't seen the mod set I created for EHOH in Jan. 2020, details can be seen in the thread here (the recently updated V2 gargoyle is shown later in): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/17#post-6888246

Also an install video is available on Zach's SDTM channel on Youtube.

Can PM me for more details if interested (I offer three caskets styles for the standard set these days).

Finally nearing the end of the list, so wait time is only about 1.5-2 weeks. Planning to make the final run call on these sometime in Sept.

1 week later
#11007 1 year ago

A trusted source is offering $658 if anyone is willing to part with their 40th Anniversary mod set (I agreed to post the offer here anonymously).

He would also consider trading his custom "Werewolves Not Swearwolves" standard set toward it.

If interested, let me know and I can give you their contact information

#11017 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

A trusted source is offering $658 if anyone is willing to part with their 40th Anniversary mod set (I agreed to post the offer here anonymously).
He would also consider trading his custom "Werewolves Not Swearwolves" standard set toward it.
If interested, let me know and I can give you their contact information

No takers on this yet.

He's raised his offer to $900 PLUS a standard set, for the 40th anniversary set (he has either an Elvira Mistress of the Dark set with the updated V2 Gargoyle, or the original custom set mentioned above).

While I expressed hope that nobody would buy the 40th set just to flip, I'd understand if someone took an open offer like this.

EDIT: The offer has tentatively been claimed.

#11024 1 year ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

Just have him wait until next year and you can make 1 more unit as it will be the 41st year anniversary.

The plan is to do my final run call on Elvira mods by Sept., and make one more unique (non-40th) set to donate to the Project Pinball Charity Auction (October/Expo).

1 month later
2 months later
#11552 1 year ago

Just giving some fair notice here that the Elvira mods will be permanently discontinued soon, and that the last day to get on the list is Sept. 4.

Thanks again to everyone for the overwhelming support for this set. It made all the difference in being able to continue down this path.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/18#post-7114559

#11556 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your Elvira mod set is THE BOMB. Really quality stuff that improves the look.
Are you doing cleavage pop covers again for this farewell edition?

Thank you

Pops won't return here.

But the charity set will have a return of the limited LFS stone as seen in the 40th set, and the casket aims to be a one-off Lyman tribute.

#11559 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Charity set? Is that being put in a raffle or something? Very curious to see a Lyman tribute casket

Each year, I donate to the Project Pinball charity auction that happens at Expo, and I generally try to offer something neat (prototypes/discontinued mods, or one-offs like this, etc.)

I would never consider profiting off a Lyman tribute, so the charity auction offers a morally sound outlet to make something I know some would like to have.

#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

My game had your mod kit installed when I got it and I didn’t even know it was mods until I saw posts about them here. I’m not a huge mod guy and I have to say these are among the most refined and well integrated I’ve ever seen, very nice work.

I appreciate your glowing feedback. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#11658 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Medisinyl Mods has officially retired the Elvira HoH set. He has one left unclaimed on his mod page. It is now or never folks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/19#post-7141679

Indeed, the final list was capped on the 4th, and as promised long before, I brought back a few old styles as I near the end of production.

The George Romero in the Dawn of the Dead art style is still available as of this post.

#11661 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Put everything back together, rechecked all of the connections, still not registering the third ball lock in the garage. Going to make a new thread in the tech section.

Not sure what all you tried, but I was able to fix this issue by drilling the opto holes out a bit.

1 week later
#11734 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

PM him and let him know. He just stopped selling them like a week or so ago. He might have one left for you. Worth a try.

He was on the list for months and did get back to me in time (he hadn't logged into Pinside). We had PMd about it last week and I got him in (perhaps he misunderstood).

Messages are going out for the last run within the hour here (EDIT: All messages sent).

Otherwise, the deadline for the list was Sept. 4, and I've stuck to that. All sets being made are now complete (aside from the charity set that I hope to finish in the next couple days). Nothing else will be made.

I had to draw the line somewhere, and it's been hectic trying to juggle these with STh, as STh has proven to be difficult to make progress on with both lines running (each STh set takes about 16 hours to make [recently took another step toward hopefully reducing that a bit going forward]).

#11741 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I am not sure everyone realized that Medisinyl Mods 40th anniversary set had a lighting feature (coffin) in addition to a unique paint and sculpt.
Here are the parts needed to pull off the coffin lighting effect in his “standard” release of the mod.
One cool white 44 base matrix bulb available below from comet.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects
One 4” red light strip also available from comet. These are self adhesive.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips
There is a GI light below the coffin and a factory provided hole in the plastic just above that. It is the perfect place to power the lighting effect for the coffin. That circuit is also dimmed regularly during game play which also dims the coffin light. Looks great and and only costs a few bucks to implement. Just replace the factory GI bulb with the matrix one. Connect that to the red light strip that you stuck to the inside of your coffin on the left wall. Put it back together and you are done.[quoted image][quoted image]

The other option is to use the GI light that's hidden behind the gargoyle, and route the wiring along the factory wiring there, which is how it was done for the 40th Anniversary set.

#11785 1 year ago

In case anyone interested missed it from the other threads, this is the Lyman set that was donated to Project Pinball for the charity auction happening at Expo.

Added a different photo here that better shows the texture of the black glitter. Doesn't really sparkle, but gives a higher quality look to the recessed portions compared to the standard sets.

20220930_213349 (resized).jpg20220930_213349 (resized).jpg20220930_213430 (resized).jpg20220930_213430 (resized).jpg20220930_213553 (resized).jpg20220930_213553 (resized).jpg20220930_213916 (resized).jpg20220930_213916 (resized).jpg20221001_165804 (resized).jpg20221001_165804 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11847 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I just received and installed Vimtoman's "Crate Creature" Mod...it is a great alternative to Medisiny's Gronk's dog house. It is high quality, animated and illuminated...even has an "attract mode"...nice work Vimtoman.
[quoted image]

I love it on my TWD. Best mod I've purchased, and indeed much higher quality than Gonk's dog house, though they serve different purposes.

Andrew is also a great person, and he even asked me permission to adapt the mod to Elvira, which of course he didn't have to do.

I'm always looking forward to what he comes up with

#11861 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

In case anyone interested missed it from the other threads, this is the Lyman set that was donated to Project Pinball for the charity auction happening at Expo.
Added a different photo here that better shows the texture of the black glitter. Doesn't really sparkle, but gives a higher quality look to the recessed portions compared to the standard sets. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This year, Project Pinball has opened up online bidding for many charity auction items, including this special Elvira set (photos in the quoted post).

Bidding ends on Oct. 22nd at 4pm (open now I believe).

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/pinballexpo-2022-projectpinball-silentauction/Campaign/Details

Thanks in advance to anyone that bids and helps me donate to Project Pinball

#11891 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I finally got around to installing the full cliffy protectors on my Elvira LE. I installed the drop target protector incorrectly, so I’ll open the game up and fix the orientation this week.
Couple of questions for you EHOH experts. Is there any way to fix that gap at the Deadheads entrance? It has light bleeding through it and I’d like to fix it. Also, does anyone make any nice skeleton or ghoul decals to install under the two pop up doors on the medisinyl coffin mod?
Lastly, that 36-24-36 shot that fires across the playfield is missing the targets low. How can it be adjusted to hit the targets, as designed for the mode?
Have been toying with the idea of selling my LE and upgrading to a 40th edition. Decisions…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from EaglePin:

I'd suggest using slow motion video on the VUK kick out to see if the ball is hitting the mod on the way out. After I installed my mod I had the same issue with the VUK kick out. I used slow motion video to see what the issue was and saw the ball was making contact with the gargoyle mouth on the way out. I adjusted the angle of the VUK deflector a bit and it helped. The deflector tends to eventually bend back to its original position on mine so I have to re-adjust it every so often.

These two posts helped address the VUK (not all games have the same VUK positioning from the factory, so in regard to the mod [or even games that weren't functioning right regardless], matching the factory height of the game I designed off of seemed to fix any issue):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6223813

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6225405

The later V2 (Nov. '21) version of the gargoyle also has a little more clearance.

#11896 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No offense to 40th owners but I don’t consider it an upgrade over an LE, mostly because I like the red trim better than the purple. Also not a fan of the dagger shooter (should have been metal)

Regardless of artistic color preference (the purple looks great too IMO), the real color of the couch is red (and tied to nostalgia as such), which has me see the Signature Edition as the best version (which also has a foil cab with the same depth as the 40th [many have been unaware of that]).

2 weeks later
#12031 1 year ago

Marissa tagged along for my sister's Halloween party this year (my friend that painted most of the Elvira mods 2021+).

Marissa didn't tell me what she was going to dress as, so I only learned she'd be Elvira on Halloween night.

My sister just happens to have an Elvira style couch as well, which made for a great photo-op I thought some here may like to see.

I was Freddy...as I've been most years since ~2012
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gifezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#12040 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What were you trying to touch that made her pull her dagger on you?

...got too close and she said, "I cut you mang!"

dgh.gifdgh.gif

2 months later
#12773 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-crypt-roof-mod-
That’s the roof mod. It came with the medisynal mods set I purchased. I don’t know if it was also produced by medisynal I didn't make a roof mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-crypt-roof-mod-
That’s the roof mod. It came with the medisynal mods set I purchased. I don’t know if it was also produced by medisynal originally.

I didn't make a roof mod (got a few PMs about this).

Just the casket, Gargoyle VUK (updated just ahead of 2022), Gonk's dog house, grass pieces for the front flashers, and the pop bumpers (pops were discontinued early on).

Had ideas for other mods, but that's essentially all that got made, and no longer any plans to get back to EHOH.

Quoted from Damonator:

That game has pinstadiums and medisinyl mods on it so I'm not sure what they were trying to show.

Thank you for spelling Medisinyl "correctly" -- to quote Megadeth/Dave Mustaine, "in our business there's sin"

4 weeks later
#13279 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I have an option for anyone looking for a Medisinyl Mod Set.
I was the high bidder at the last RallyUp auction for his one of a kind Lyman sheets version of the Mod. I already have the elvira 40th anniversary version of the mod that lights up, but bought the lyman one anyway thinking id put the one of a kind one in my machine but like how the 40th one matches my machine better.
If anyone wants it I would pass it along at what I paid plus shipping. It wasnt cheap. But $1,035 and its yours! I dont mind keeping it, but surely someone else might appreciate it as much as I do.
From the auction listing details " There is so much to be said about Greg’s (Medisinyl Mods) work, it is highly-regarded and sought after in the community. His Elvira mod set has been discontinued and he made this one special for the Project Pinball auction. And to that this version is paying respect to the greatest programmer in pinball and someone who was just a wonderful person, Mr. Lyman F. Sheats, who passed away earlier this year. The charity absolutely appreciates this donation providing reflection on Lyman’s legacy. This item is considered a PRICELESS item!" [quoted image]

More photos of that set here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/236#post-7167481

Extra care went into the finish on that set.

1 month later
#14715 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think my deadhead entrance is a mod? Also my vuk just dribbles the ball out, generally sdtm. is there a fix for that?

That crypt face is indeed a mod (original below [casket mod painted to match]).

There's a few different fix possibilities for the VUK. One is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/82#post-5752968

Screen-Shot-2019-09-24-at-4.29.18-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2019-09-24-at-4.29.18-PM (resized).png

#14722 11 months ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

In addition to the information in the key posts, check that the gargoyle mod isn't interfering with the ball on eject.

Two more posts here on the VUK fix (mod shown): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6223813
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6225405

The V2 version with the horns, pupils, etc. has a little more clearance for the VUK.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

With new runs are you considering new batches. Especially the eject mod?

Sorry, no. Latest statement on that here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/20#post-7337925

Currently trapped in the Upside-Down (STh). Aiming to start development on new (non-Elvira) stuff soon.

4 months later
#15758 6 months ago

These are being donated to Project Pinball for their charity auction at Expo in October (online bidding will be available).

I originally planned for the Lyman charity set to be the last Elvira set I'd ever make, but with the additional Stern run since, it seemed fair to make another couple sets (if I ever do something similar again, it would be at least a couple years out, but the Elvira sets won't go back into standard production).

Will be hand numbered as a 1 of 2 LE set underneath the caskets.

------------------

Features over a standard set:

* More chrome-like hinges (crosses matched--lid cross shape based on the 1958 Dracula film).

* Vampire priest under the top lid.

* Cross and stake under the bottom lid (providing similar innuendo as the dagger from the 40th).

* Bloody elements on all pieces not seen on any other set.

* Yellow gargoyle eyes (two yellow tones).

* Smoother casket/lid finishes over standard.

* Black glitter Gonk roof (sparkles in the right lighting).

* Black glitter Elvira lettering and cross (doesn't sparkle--more like a stone grit texture).

* Tombstone remembering the legendary Barry Oursler, which seemed particularly fitting for this more "Dracula" themed set.

20230926_202158 (resized).jpg20230926_202158 (resized).jpg20230926_202144 (resized).jpg20230926_202144 (resized).jpg20230926_202031 (resized).jpg20230926_202031 (resized).jpg20230926_201646 (resized).jpg20230926_201646 (resized).jpg20230926_201623 (resized).jpg20230926_201623 (resized).jpg20230926_201601 (resized).jpg20230926_201601 (resized).jpg20230926_201535 (resized).jpg20230926_201535 (resized).jpg 20230924_145833 (resized).jpg20230924_145833 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#15806 5 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

As much as I like them I need to free up some funds.
My EHOH came with the mod set offered by Medisinyl
I have someone interested in buying them but I have zero idea what they are valued at. On one hand I don't want to sound like a greedy pig, on the other I don't want to give them away.

Quoted from FlopTube:

I wouldn’t sell them for less than $500+. Heard of some going for much more

Could depend. I expect some of the caskets made when I accepted custom requests could be undesirable to many (either highly personalized or explicit). May help to have the V2 gargoyle.

Otherwise, I saw they (second hand standard sets) were going pretty fast at $500 when I saw them pop up in ads here (haven't noticed many since the re-run). Last I know of went for $750 recently. Crazy hobby...

Price from me was ~$269 for the full standard set (without pops).

Presume you're not referring to an LE/40th set.

#15808 5 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey, I got my set with my game. How do I know which version of the gargoyle I have? Just curious.

40th - V2 - V1

Pinside_forum_6661019_2677018 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6661019_2677018 (resized).jpg
#15810 5 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks like v2 has painted eyes? Any other differences?

40th has painted eyes. Only the LE versions I've made have painted eyes (40th [1 of 40], Lyman charity [1 of 1], and the Drac/Barry sets for the Project Pinball charity auction at Expo [1 of 2]--EDIT: There's also one green/yellow-eyed standard set I made for my friend that owns the EHOH SE I designed off of).

V2 has pupils in the model design, as well as horns and ears...more similar to those on the playfield. Also more stone detail, strength enhancement, and a little more VUK clearance.

1 week later
#15875 5 months ago

Disappointed to see my Elvira design has been so blatantly copied.

In an effort to protect my work, I'm offering another run of them (tentatively with special lids as an additional notch above the knockoffs).

A post in my thread gets you on the list: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/21#post-7810897

elv (resized).jpgelv (resized).jpg
#15909 5 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Sorry SLE/LE owners, but buying anything on the promise that other people can’t buy it isn’t something I can sympathize with.
Stoked that myself, and the people who want to enjoy this awesome pinball machine are getting more reasons to enjoy it.

The SE is still leaps and bounds beyond the other versions.

Has the embossed, foil Cab similar to the 40th, but with the proper red couch, and no "sticker" art. Many seem to not know the SE has that, and it's perhaps the most gorgeous cab I've seen.

This one does look nice though.

2 weeks later
#16316 4 months ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

Medisinyl do you plan on making a black and white gonk dog house? Thank you for your time!

Yes.

More information in the mod thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/29#post-7849203

3 weeks later
#16776 4 months ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Great mod made by Vimtoman. I bought one about a year ago for my EHOH Prem. Transferred it to my BRK edition today.
The mod would also look great with red lighting inside the crate……..might have see if I can make the change from green to red.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Green light still suits the BRK edition as the playfield is full of green lights, and red may wash out the contrast/detail of the red zombie tongue (though I'm sure would still look good overall).

And indeed, Andrew's mods are excellent (still loving the crate in my TWD).

1 week later
#17009 3 months ago

BRK version of the Elvira mod set has been revealed (will take a video soon to hopefully capture some of the sparkle--all red parts are either hand applied and sealed glitter or glitter paint on top of red). Posting here as many haven't been aware of it being in the works.

For those unaware, Morgana is Elvira's aunt that died. Elvira inherited the house and Gonk (Morgana's dog familiar) from her.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/31

[EDIT: a thread post in the mod thread stating which version of the set you're interesting in gets you on the next list update--offering this special set and a standard color set with dagger topped lids--more information in the mod thread]

20231208_115818 (resized).jpg20231208_115818 (resized).jpg20231208_120049 (resized).jpg20231208_120049 (resized).jpg20231208_120352 (resized).jpg20231208_120352 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#17329 83 days ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Those look they belong. Where did you get those mods? Very tasteful.

With ~550 on waitlists between Elvira and STh, know it will be a very long wait, but a thread post in the mod thread gets you on the requested list (note color or BRK).

BRK list closes on Jan. 9th. No overflow list will be made for that one, so that date will be the last chance. Standard color set has an overflow list.

No commitment to be on a list (can be removed at any time, and no funds taken until close to shipping).

More information in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/32#post-7953973

3 weeks later
#17642 60 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Swoods5688 Where did you get the crypt mods from, the roof and side looks great and I love the face on the gate for the entrance. I've seen a couple of mods out there but none with that detail and matches the color for the BRK edition.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

Medisinyl Mods

I make several of the mods there but not the crypt facade/roof (facade was made before I made my set, so I never made a version of my own, though did have it in mind).

I did temporarily re-open the BRK list for the end of this month (very long wait, but last chance to get on that list): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/32

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.