20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Just got LE #2!
FYI - it costs extra for special #'s but I'm an Elvira fan - she's worth it!

Ok I'm interested. Just how much extra does Stern get for applying a certain number to a machine?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

$250 for numbers below 25
I think it’s $150 for anything else

Thanks never knew that. That's a nice little extra revenue stream

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Owners... Please post pictures!

I've often wondered why this is the case? After we've seen one or two from each tier unboxed then we're DONE... we've SEEN them. With ANY game... or cat pic,etc.

Why add even MORE servers online burning through diesel powered electricity so we can see the SAME pictures...over and over??

I'm hardly a tree hugger but this just seems terribly wasteful. Plus there will undoubtedly be loads more pics when people put in dolls and pinstadiums, etc...

Well I didn't mean for this post to sound so grouchy... damn interweb.

(edit) Also this is just MY pet peeve. Has nothing to do with this particular game and shouldn't make anybody feel defensive. I was just raised frugal and hate to waste resources. Same reason I close off rooms I'm not currently using to save heat or AC. No different.

I'm probably the only person that feels this way I suppose... and obviously if there are any PF aberrations, etc then absolutely put up some pics

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So, this isn't great, but here's a video of game play anyway. LOL

It's fine...and you have the volume cranked nicely. There's also some guys in Belgium playing the heck out of it in the other thread that's a hoot. Fun to hear English interspersed with French throughout ... "le junk in the trunk" !

1 week later
#322 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Thoughts on the white wood? Do you miss or want the the WH2O ramp as well as the physical Wheel of Fate?
I am fine with both being scrapped. The ramp looks problematic and the wheel wouldn’t be able to be watched any more than the LCD version. Not only that you wouldn’t have the visual feedback on what you need to choose for the Manos mode.
Sorry for the double image, I can’t figure out how to remove one.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Losing the WWater ramp was a damn shame. Nothing problematic about it... in the original game in any case.

I never liked having to constantly wait on the wheel back in the day. I actually wanted to get back to playing...well, pinball. Rather than cool my heels and wait for that redemption-style toy to quit spinning.

2 weeks later
#623 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

got my Signature Edition #25/50 yesterday. extremely impressed so far. not one issue. it's hard to tell in the pics, but the foil is jaw dropping incredible. the code is young, but like others have said, the framework that's there is solid and I expect nothing but greatness from what's to come.
code update, proper alignment, and power adjustments were a must.
the shots on this game are like a dream. and stacking all the modes and multiballs on top of eachother while staring at boobies is exactly what it sounds like.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Armor shape and color looks great. I wouldn't add a bunch of aftermarket crap because it looks great stock.

Well maybe some chrome or black leg bolts. That's a nice frugal upgrade after dropping all that cash

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I think EVERYONE has been experiencing this, tbh. Almost seems intentional.

So I guess we won't see any infinitely repeatable SR-style outer orbit shots with this game? Leaving this out seems like an odd choice considering how the layout is capable of it. Maybe purposely slowing down the gameplay?

2 weeks later
#928 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I saw a star wars LE in june with massive dimples. Same game in Nivember is worn in nicely. They do even out over time.

I'd agree if "worn in nicely" means the equivalent of a rough gravel road. With a hell of shine on it.

Some (not all) of these new softer PF's dimple so deep the PF would have to sink below the level of the inserts to "even out".

Very different from even earlier Stern PF's from a decade ago. The glossier CC really accentuates the issue also.

Twenty + years ago I bought a CV and it had a soft PF that cratered like some of these newer PF's. The dist replaced the game and I still have it and indeed it developed the typical shallow dimpling that actually *does* elegantly flatten out.

But what can ya do? Some of these newer games have terrific gameplay and unless you adjust your expectations you'll have to simply play them in a barcade or something.

I'm not thrilled with my TWDPRE PF but the game is so fantastic I'm fine living with it

--

2 months later
#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm leaning towards Elvira but I am worried about that kicker on the right spitting the ball on the play field and the effects of that over time. Not sure how many games were on the game when I played it, the play field looked OK where that ball lands out of the kicker, so maybe I'm being overly concerned about that?
Anyone seeing any issues with this on their game yet?
Thanks!

Maybe a patch of mylar strategically placed where the balls initially hit on the PF would give you peace of mind. I think I would do something like this and it would be invisible anyway.

1 week later
#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I got this score while playing a 4 player game with my friends. I felt a little bad because they had to wait so long in between balls.

If I ever get this game you will NOT be invited over to play it I wouldn't want to have to look at your initials in perpetuity.

2 weeks later
#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

Which one? The quarantine club?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
12,222 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,500 (Firm)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.