IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KrisGonzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6156 3 years ago

Absolutely delighted with my protectors.

20201211_205301 (resized).jpg20201211_205301 (resized).jpg20201211_205320 (resized).jpg20201211_205320 (resized).jpg20201211_205328 (resized).jpg20201211_205328 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Good luck, you'll have people beating down your door. I'm just worried that I'll have a hard time getting it back someday, but I'm hoping Stern will eventually make enough of these...

For this reason mine can't ever leave. They will remain highly sought after due to a combination of rarity and being a brilliant game.

I've already turned down very good offers as I'm sure so many on here have. It's going to remain a cult classic which benefits from a great combination of theme, shots, artwork, code and fun.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I debated pricing mine higher, but I didn't want to to ask for more money just for the sake of it. I managed to get my Elvira at a great price to begin with, and it's nice to be able to pass along a good deal. Earlier on in my pinball hobby, I had several sellers give me good deals, and I really appreciated it.
Nothing against anyone who would price their Elvira higher, at $8k I'm still actually making a tidy little profit on what I've got into her. So I'm happy.

We have this debate quite frequently in the UK on pinballinfo.com

Fortunately there are many good guys like yourself Mike who want to enjoy the hobby, share the machines and not profit from fellow pinball fans.

Unfortunately there are others who'll take advantage, buy a machine then sell it on ebay a month later for a big profit.

2 weeks later
#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kind of a moot question as there are no NIB EHOH to be had...and with all this backlash about the $500 increase they likely won’t even run it again. The game will probably never break 1100 total units.

Does anyone know how many have been produced up to now?

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nailed it.
I might just be turning into a grumpy old man, but the whole western world FOMO thing just makes me mad/sad these days.
When I listen to pinball podcasts and hear stories of them meeting dodgy strangers in carparks to pay 2x the RRP for the new playstation/Xbox because THEY GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!!!!, it just makes me feel sad for those guys.
Sorta funny, because I’m typing this right now while I’m waiting in a hospital cancer clinic waiting room with someone ... sorta makes you get your priorities in order.
rd

Best of luck mate. I hope however it is gets some good news.

1 week later
#6672 3 years ago
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 16.20.19 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 16.20.19 (resized).jpeg
#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Still new to all this but wondering if dimples on the playfield is normal?

It is but Elvira is not the worst culprit . . . . my Stranger Things looks like the lunar surface.

1 week later
#6956 3 years ago
20210209_115140 (resized).jpg20210209_115140 (resized).jpg
#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Dont know if there is any interest in this but I created a simple Mod for the right orbit RGB insert that is hidden behind the spinner. I didnt feel like doing any soldering, so this is what I came up with. The first pics shows the part. Second pic shows what it looks like from my perspective (Im 6'ft). 3rd pic is just a close up so you really can see the reflection of the insert. It just screws into where the existing screw is and thats it. Cant be any simpler and its effective.
I also etched "Elvira" on the acrylic just because I could plus its gives it a little character.
LMK if there is a demand and I will list them here on Pinside. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take one please, thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like one too, but dont see in your shop.

Me neither, where is this shop please?

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Have had it for 3 days. Didn’t notice the resemblance. Thanks for your helpful input though.

Just ignore him mate. You paid a lot of money to enjoy that machine in your own time. I have one and didn't notice either.

1 week later
#7070 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Man I love this game. But the uncontrollable slow roll from the pop bumpers STDM between the flippers can be maddening. I'm not a big slam tilt guy, just a casual player, so I do wish they had addressed this. And the hitting slings on left side loop descent, but I'm waiting for the larger bumper to fix that issue and adjust that rail / guide.
But other than that, you walk up and play it casually and it seems just fun and simple, but then when you really start going for the modes and trying to get to director's cut, it's a pretty challenging game. I expect to keep it around a long time.

I agree.

I'm quite a poor standard of player and certainly struggle to tilt and nudge the machine. I want to rescue the ball and I know I should but I just sort of stand there frozen in fear gazing as the ball slowly rolls down the middle

It's my favourite game but that drain is certainly an irritation. Thankfully a few rounds of getting battered by Stranger Things propelling the ball down every outlane at pace usually makes me appreciative of Elvira's gentle qualities.

#7080 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Yikes! Well I have a Black Knight SOR coming, and I think it's going to be a defensive, shoot that ball right back at me full speed kind of affair. I've played it some at the local arcades and love it - even though many say it isn't the best home game given a lesser story setup. But between Jurassic Park, Elvira HoH and BKSOR I'm excited to have some decent variety of styles in my home office to keep me busy during COVID Zoom meetings

That sounds like a really good mixture. I have room for a 3 pin collection too and the blend is very important. I've settled on Elvira & Deadpool so I'm just looking for the final piece of the jigsaw.

1 week later
#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Spoke to joe from pin graffix said he is hoping to do a Elvira run if people are interested in them?

I'd certainly get a set.

7 months later
#9903 2 years ago

In our most recent video we talk Elvira whilst playing a game of doubles if anyone is interested. Lots of the mods for sale on this forum feature in the video.

Thanks

#9972 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

I can’t watch your podcast as all I see is the Elvira machine and I can’t get one, it’s like looking through the window of a restaurant when you’re starving

You're welcome to come over and play it mate. I'll provide pizza and pinball and you can play Elvira until you're sick of it.

#10014 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I couldn't help but notice in that video the MAJOR color differences versus what is shown in the promo pic. The promo pic shows a much lighter purple powdercoat and backbox trim. That Expo purple looks almost black. Personally I think the promo colors look much better than that Expo game.[quoted image]

The original image has been colour graded in photoshop or something. I thought it as soon as I saw it . . . it's far too vibrant to be an accurate representation.

The other issue is that they've not powdercoated the door or speaker panel which is scurrilous.

Considering this is supposed to be the super special ultra rare fantasy GOAT edition you'd think that Stern would make the best Elvira they were capable of making.

The topper is already manufactured and on the production line so why omit it? The rails and lockbar are going to be powder coated anyway so why not just stick all of the metal in? Not including these items is a cut-back and a cost saving.

I can only conclude that there will be a cynical final edition which include all of the upgrades and it will cost as much as a new Mercedes.

Stern may well be cooking the golden goose.

4 weeks later
#10198 2 years ago

Just thought a few of you might like to see my completed and modded Elvira now it's finished. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KrisGonzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=KrisGonzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.