IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HurryUpPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3205 3 years ago

I recently joined the club and absolutely love this game. After a few hours of playing, I noticed a few things that needed to be adjusted and made a video tutorial regarding these tweaks in case anyone else was having the same issues. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted about these fixes here in the thread and I hope this helps others dial in their machine. Take Care and Stay Safe!

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I joined the Club last week by purchasing a Premium that had been sitting in the Ottawa P1G warehouse over the pandemic, very happy to have made the purchase so far. The game is a lot of fun, easy to shoot and lots of depth and modes and multi-balls, just what I like.
A couple of small issues though, wondering if others have had the same problem.
1) When the ball rolls down the left side orbit sometimes, it bounces off the top of the bottom entrance post from the JUNK/TRUNK area and sometimes goes directly between the two flippers/drain. Most of the time it lands directly on my left flipper and avoids that post, but about 20-30% of the time, it bounces off the post and messes shit up. It feels as though the railing coming down the left orbit might need to be curved a little bit? Any suggestions?
2) This one I just noticed a couple of days ago. During modes, I was NEVER able to see_ the right orbit INSERT LIGHT (the big triangle one) lighting up because the BEAST BOOSTER spinner is in the way. I guess it's because I'm short and can't see over it? But I can't see through it either. Wondering if anyone knows of a see-through spinner that can replace the current one (if I can see through it, I can see the insert light) OR maybe someone can work on a mirror mod to be placed on the right of the crypt which would allow anyone to see the lights lit up behind the spinner?
That's it for now. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Check out the first part of this video I just put up. It address how to adjust the left orbit ball guide.

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys having some opto issues and wondering if drilling a larger hole on this side of the plastic tunnel will help. I just can’t get the Opto lined up because the plunger keeps rubbing it a little and moving it out of position.
[quoted image]

I had that same issue within about 10 mins of unboxing my game. I was able to readjust it but if it does it again, I am going to enlarge that hole with a drill but just a tiny bit. Was thinking the same thing.

1 week later
#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DO NOT pay for the Stern brand coil stops, they're crap. You can probably get a few free as warranty replacement, but they will do the same thing as Stern has been pushing out crap coil stops for the last few years.
Save yourself the future headaches and just get the $4.95 pinball life ones that actually LAST.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Exactly. I ALWAYS change them when I get a new pin. I made a tutorial about this as well.

EE9196DF-6260-4BF5-B205-019628BFA1E7 (resized).jpegEE9196DF-6260-4BF5-B205-019628BFA1E7 (resized).jpeg Added over 4 years ago:

#3443 3 years ago

So tonight I went to play a few games of Elvira before watching some TV and low and behold my machine would not boot (It is less than 1 month old). My stadium lights were getting power and the board had several red LEDs but nothing else. After ruling out the power issue I did some research and it appeared to be a corrupted SD card. So I spent the better part of an hour downloading software and flashing it to a new SD card. Also took a detour into issues related to only half of the memory showing up on the newly formatted SD card and sorted that out. Flashed the software to the new SD card and everything is up and running again. Turns out is was just a SD card that went bad. I am going to put together a video tutorial on how to do this and will upload it here once available just in case anyone comes across the same issue.

Photo Jun 04, 9 03 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jun 04, 9 03 49 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jun 04, 9 42 50 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jun 04, 9 42 50 PM (resized).jpg
#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Dude. Are those pinstadiums? You lost me.

They are homemade playfield lights. I like playing pins in the dark and build them for all my pins. You can adjust the color and intensity of the lights but they are not tied to the flashers.

Photo May 09, 12 50 53 AM (resized).jpgPhoto May 09, 12 50 53 AM (resized).jpgPhoto May 24, 9 27 35 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 24, 9 27 35 PM (resized).jpg
#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I purchased my Elvira Premium 3 weeks ago and have played it almost every day since.
Last night, the left flipper started flaking out on me and when I looked under the playfield, there were "metal shavings" galore under the left flipper -- none under the right flipper.
This same shit happened to my DEADPOOL Pro (NIB) within the first month of my purchase a couple of years ago. At the time, they replaced the "bracket/coil stop" at the end of the coil and said that Stern used crappy brackets. Sigh. Worked fine after that.
Can someone confirm that this ELVIRA issue is likely the BRACKET again here? (thankfully I purchased 3 of them at the time, so I have some in stock at home)
I'm a newbie and have never replaced anything under the playfield but this one looks "easy", is it? (just remove the 3 screws off the previous bracket and replace with new one?)

This has happened on all 3 of my NIB Stern pins (Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Elvira). I always replace them with the coil stops from Pinball Life. It was the first thing I did after playing my first few games on Elvira. I made a video about it since it was such a common issue. I hope this helps.

#3510 3 years ago

My SD card on Elvira failed a few days ago so I decided to make a video on how to burn (flash) a new SD card. For anyone experiencing this issue, I hope this helps. For the record, I love this game and can’t wait to play the new code released today. Lots of good updates.

Added over 4 years ago:

Added over 4 years ago:

#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just ordered a bunch of coil stops for my games, I think ive just been lucky, but dont want to be dead in the water should they go.
Also, ive said it before but your how to vids are the absolute best. Super well explained, etc. I leave knowing exactly how to fix things (or at least it feels that way!). My wife and I were amazed at how good your son is, good to see kids playing.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I have been trying to put up videos as often as I can and I am always asking myself, “I wonder if anyone else is having this issue.” If the answer is yes, I always try to make a video to share with others. My son doesn’t play nearly as much as I do but throws down some monster games out of nowhere then walks away to play fortnite for 4 hours I’m looking forward to entering him in a tournament sometime soon. He keeps asking.

1 month later
#4082 3 years ago

I just finished an updated tutorial regarding the VUK. If anyone is having issues with the consistency of shots fired from the VUK, this may help. This is an update to my previous game adjustments video for EHOH.

How to fix the VUK:

Game Adjustments (ball guide, crate, and VUK)

#4093 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Said it before and will say it again. Your videos are great and super easy to follow. They are very much appreciated.

Thanks Jandrea95. There is also a Stern issued fix that involves repositioning the VUK bracket but mine was already repositioned when I got it (I could see the old screw holes) so this is really an add on to that. This game has taken so much tweaking but when it is dialed in, it is worth it.

F02582D5-BBE4-4A1E-ADEF-47C4F871298A (resized).jpegF02582D5-BBE4-4A1E-ADEF-47C4F871298A (resized).jpeg
#4107 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood could you post a picture of the old holes and the new ones please? The guide is a bit vague on the location.

Just took it apart to take some pictures for you. Mine was repositioned at the factory. I hope these help. The bottom holes are the new / repositioned holes.

0840C053-5948-4BEB-BAE9-F8143544C3D1 (resized).jpeg0840C053-5948-4BEB-BAE9-F8143544C3D1 (resized).jpeg562352CB-C048-4EB8-B954-1C1F1658891B (resized).jpeg562352CB-C048-4EB8-B954-1C1F1658891B (resized).jpeg806E815B-0AEE-4A93-95C2-D2A21A572F93 (resized).jpeg806E815B-0AEE-4A93-95C2-D2A21A572F93 (resized).jpegB062C092-B4B7-44A0-8DE3-2DEC5DDE9007 (resized).jpegB062C092-B4B7-44A0-8DE3-2DEC5DDE9007 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is the Easter Egg only available when the game is set to December 25th?

I believe so. I played and beat the mode with the date of Dec 23rd and nada. Switched the date to Dec 25th, beat the mode, and the Easter egg popped up. Was bummed that the deadhead was in the way of the video but it was still really cool to see. I wonder if they will remove it in the next game code update. I was snooping around in pinball browser and there are tons of callouts I have not heard yet which makes me think there is more stuff on the way. Finger crossed.

C75EE458-0BA0-4AC4-A7B6-5332C5CEF34F (resized).jpegC75EE458-0BA0-4AC4-A7B6-5332C5CEF34F (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#8577 2 years ago

Not sure if anyone has posted this in the Elvira forum yet but just wanted to share it in case anyone needs to remove the house to problem solve ball guide or opto issues. Happy Friday all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HurryUpPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=HurryUpPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.