20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GamerRick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago

34 posts and only two follow the OP’s requests. The other thread is a joke, horrible and not worth reading. I really hope this one stays better. My LE comes next week.

#38 4 years ago

Code is out

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

As long as the game is cherry after unboxed I never cared about the number
1-400 says it all

I actually always preferred the later number presuming that they were assembled in order and they didn’t know what they were doing with the first few and by the time they got to the number 400 they were pretty good at assembling that model. I just within the last couple days read a post where apparently Stern has the LE numbers loose in a box and they just grab them as they go in no order whatsoever so that kills that theory lol.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Nah. Your organ has to stand in line like the rest of us to get into this haunted house party.

Now that was funny. Sometimes we can pick em out.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

No I haven't. Can you reinstall the same version of code? I'll give it a try.

Yes you can, you can always do a full image replacement of your SD card also. Stern had the most recent version of code for each current machine available as SD card images. You can try that if reinstalling the code doesn’t work. I reinstalled twice before worked correctly both times.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

A couple of updates on my 3lvira.
I upgraded to code to .83. Much better, highly recommend it.
The pitch has been adjusted to 7.0. Originally I set it at 6.7. This game needs to be steep. If the operators set it up at 6.5, the reviews will be very negative on how easy and boring it plays. Also operators will see very high ball times.
The gar coils by the crypt hit my glass. Anybody else having this issue? Any know remedies? Do all of the gar coils use the same length on the metal rod?
The complaint that there is not enough Elvira is just garbage. Custom video and call outs means she is always there.
The Easter egg of the NIB stern on the locks is awesome.
The throwbacks and the original voice from the first two is nostalgia.
The skeleton head on the stairs is cool, as well as the sometimes left loop that gets diverted to a kick out under the stairs.
Th gar coils gone wild, unhappy hour and the clown car mode are just fun. It kept us laughing every time.
Finally, I am fan of stop and go pins. 3lvira is a great example of that
@stones might have some opinions, after adjusting and playing it today.

The Gar-goyls hitting the glass is by design.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I get it, but he goes to all the threads in relation to Elvira and posts it. It's like he's trying to bash someone's happiness in getting that pin. He did the same to all the Munsters' threads.
I swear, I think some people just roll out of bed each morning to figure out how to cause misery in other people's lives. I don't blame the moderators on this one.

Don’t let it cause you misery, just ignore ftards like him. I don’t lose a second worrying about trollers or jerks. I just love pinball. I just laugh when I see sad people like that who have nothing better to do than be miserable for no reason, especially in the owners thread! The ignore feature is great!

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

So a discussion about a pin is negative? Interesting.

It’s not that you cannot discuss your opinion, but you don’t do that in the owners thread unless you own one. There are other threads for discussion, just not here. Owners threads are for owners to share and develop issues with their pin and discuss ownership issues.

#314 4 years ago

Really where are the mods for this game, I haven’t even heard of any except an air ball protector. Where is Lermods and Mezel Mods and the Mod Couple etc.? We are waiting for you guys to make some magic.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Stay tuned, we will have some. Modders typically don’t get LEs and instead buy the pro or premium versions. In my case, I also almost never offer mods if I don’t have the game as it’s not fair to the customer if I get fit or connection wrong. I should have my premium within a few weeks and then we will get started. Plenty of ideas to fill out the game.

I was hoping to hear that, and I always mod the hell out of every one of my pins. This one has some great potential.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi Owners,
Due to the size of my room I can only have a three pin line up, which is currently Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff and Popeye. While I do enjoy the Popeye, it would be the one to go if I wanted the new Elvira. Do you think having two Elvira pins and the Simpsons be odd or unbalanced?

Absolutely not. The number one rule of pinball, get whatever you like best. And don’t listen to any naysayers! Do what makes you happy. They’re your machines!

1 week later
#539 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Has anyone else noticed that the yellow insert on the left loop says "Drive Me Crazy" while the yellow insert on the right loop says "Drive Me Car-zy"?
That's actually kinda buggin' me now. LOL

Yeah now that you mentioned it it’s bothering me too. What is going on at Stern? It looks like that new QC guy isn’t living up to the ideal yet. Can’t see how that was intentional. All the other inserts match. Thanks for bringing it to my attention lol now I have something new to be bugged about.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m pretty sure she says it both ways too. I think it was intentional

Well if that’s true that certainly is better. I’m not an expert on Elvira.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So my Turret spins during ball search, but it doesn't move during the game.
Not even during House Party...
Is the turret on the house supposed to move during house party or has that not been coded yet?

Code has not been added yet.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Sent a support email to Stern but in the meantime started to probe the issue myself. Pic one shows the issue, ramp goes up, gets caught up on the right gargoyle, ramp won't come down, glass must come off. The ramp looks to be too much to the right so I looked around but didn't see any obvious way to adjust it from under the table (pic 2). Maybe the house has to be taken apart but if that's the case I'll let me distributor dude handle it. One solution I'm trying is in pic 3. I lift the right gargoyle to access the screw. That screw seems to hold down the large metal bracket that the ball hits, and it seems like it slowly over time rotates left to where it eventually blocks the ramp. So what I've tried for now is rotating that metal bracket as far away from the ramp as possible, hold it there, then tighten the screw as much as I can. I'll have to play some games and see if that solution holds but I suspect over time the ball bashing it will just rotate it right back to where it blocks the ramp.
If anyone else has this issue and has a solution please let me know! If I hear back from Stern with a solution I'll let people here know.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not having this issue but close. My cellar ramp always hits the right gargoyle and raises the gargoyle. I’m worried that puts too much stress on the motor. I’ve attempted to move and adjust the gargoyle underneath and there’s just no play in the screw holes. It is impossible to move it out of the way it seems without drilling new holes. I am definitely worried about drilling new holes and screwing it up. Has anyone else figured out how to move the gargoyle out of the way? From the posts I’ve seen it seems like most of the problems are with the right gargoyle not the left one.

#565 4 years ago

So I’ve had my LE now for a week and I absolutely love it. It is super fun to shoot. The house and the crypt are fantastic toys. So far the callouts and videos and programming seem great. I also wanted to mention since so many people hated the deadheads when they saw the reveal that I love them. I don’t think they need to be changed at all and I think it’s very logical that they float around. You can still see everything else on the screen that’s necessary while they’re floating. Not trying to criticize anyone but that’s further evidence to me that everyone including myself should withhold their opinion and judgment on something about a pin until you’ve seen it in person and had a chance to play it. I think the design is excellent and it is super fun. Great job Dennis! There were also a lot of comments about how the back glass looked cartoony and lame. It’s actually beautiful and the artwork perfectly complements the theme and it pictures some of the main characters of the movies she hosted.

#566 4 years ago

It desperately needs an attract light show though!!!

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

On all the posts with pictures of the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. It’s easy to see the ramp is off centered. It’s not the gargoyle it’s the ramp alignment. You can see the right side of the ramp almost touching the ramp wall. Left side is over an eighth of an inch away from the wall.[quoted image]

My ramp is perfectly centered and it still hits the gargoyle. I like that the ramp has a smooth slow motion closing also.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can anyone give some feedback on the fun factor of the LE or Premium? I'm considering selling an AFMr LE to get one but don't want to jump into something that I might regret. Thanks
EDIT: How does the playfield and machine quality seem as well?

Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... The biggest different between LE and Prem is the cab art.
So if you don't mind the prem cab side art... Or if your machines are so close to each other you can't see it... Then it doesn't matter so much... THe backglass vs. the translite is really a personal preference(at least I think). Backglass does look a bit better in person when lit up, but the translite might look a bit better when off vs the backglass. I don't like the mirrored effect when off. When on its awesome.
As for fun. This game is fun, and its only going to get better.
I don't know about selling an LE of AFM. AFM is one of my favorite games ever... But, I've never owned one. Played the heck out of it at Galloping Ghost and at Expos, and also the pinball arcade version on PS4. So if you think you've mined most of the fun out of it, then sure... Because, its going to take awhile to mine the full experience and fun out of Elvira.
Already this game has some of the best overall callouts in pinball. I do hope their are better jackpot callouts though. Right now most of the jackpot callouts are a bit lame... But, where the callouts shine is the intro and ending of the modes, and during the modes.
Also the deadhead callouts are pretty fun too. Much better than what was shown on deadflip. I think they need to still work on those. Both their animation and flight path. And for hte love of god a ball save for when the vuk fires.
Its not fair to have the ball drain due to the vuk. Already this game is tough for ball control. Which is by design. The game is a bit diffiult to regain control, but once you have control the shots are fair and they can flow. Which is why it was designed to be a pain to get control.
I like this game a lot. Its fun. I think you will have fun with it.
As for playfield... Mine has a smidge(very little damage) to shooter lane. With the new code that shouldn't lessen. And I'm getting a protector on it. But, my playfield has lots of dimples. More already than my iron maiden which I have owned for over a year. And played the heck out of it too. But, so far no major damage to playfield. Just dimples.

Don’t forget the beautiful powder coated red paint trim, I love it! As for fun, it’s a total blast. I love the house - three different shots into the house plus it shoots the ball out of the cellar and then you have the crypt which is a really neat mech and you also have the junk in the trunk physical ball lock. I also really like that the ball physically stops in the house when it hits the ramp while video is played. It really feels like you hit a solid shot each time your shot feels connected to the video start then after the video the ball continues on out of the house. Really fun feature.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok, how do you adjust the coil power on the game? Only 48 games played.
[quoted image]

It seems they forgot to add the settings originally. They only added power settings to update .86. If you have updated to .86 you can update most power settings. Just like they forgot to add an attract light show. This is the only pin I’ve ever seen that doesn’t have an attract light show.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Where do you go to change them. Just installed.86 but not sure where the settings are.

There are two adjustments in the adjustment section that are standard adjustments. One is SPI and one is game. It’s in game toward the very end.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You're right... This game while it has a lot of stop and go to it. Which you want, because you get to see sexy Elvira when it stops. How they handle the stop and go is a bit unique. You hit a ramp, which when as you said stops the ball, but when its not lit it feed to the orbits for a return(which can go by design into the slings), and during the mode start it feeds into the pops, which can go anywhere... Or it can bounce safely to the right orbit and make the safest return to the flippers in the game.
I like this design. Its a mix of going to kick your butt, but I'll give a chance to succeed. Its not trying to bust your balls, but it can.

Yes, I think Dennis and Lyman hit it out of the park there! And all my other pins I can never watch any of the video because the ball is still in play here the ball is safely stopped it feels like a solid shot you see a short video and boom it picks right up I really like it.

#616 4 years ago

I finally hit the back door skill shot! I have no idea how I did it. It is truly right behind the house on the right side just past the ball diverter. I definitely heard it click and then it told me I hit the shot. It seems as if you have to auto plunge just the right strength and it is still hit or miss but that’s all I could figure out. I suggest play with it and see if you can figure it out everyone.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

After leveling it correctly, the tilt wire is now very close to the bracket. It tilts very easily, even without nudging. Anyone has this issue or know the best way to fix it? (sorry it's difficult to show with pictures, the wire is almost touching the lower right part of the bracket)[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine were bent somewhere between the factory and initial setup on two of my pins. I just bent the ring back level and with the tilt bob hanging back in the center.

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I had to bent both the ring and the wire hanger but now we're good, thanks.
Did someone find an easy solution to close a bit more the crypt door?

I haven’t seen on yet. Stern is telling everyone that is the way it was designed so I guess not able to be adjusted.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Cliffy hooked me up with shooter lane protectors. Looks good and does its job. What more could you ask for?[quoted image][quoted image]

Just got mine today also. I have to install in four Stern machines. Probably about a half day job.

#734 4 years ago

I have to remove my left ramp to adjust the gate spring beneath it. I can see the obvious screws in the plastic ramp but I can’t find the screws holding the metal part of the ramp. I see screws on the plastic air ball protector on the top of it but that only keeps the plastic top on looks to me. The posts on the side don’t seem to be where the metal ramp connects. Looked in the manual wasn’t sure from that either. Anyone who has removed the ramp help please? I thought there were six total screws feel like a moron that I can’t find the last two.

#736 4 years ago

You just need to take the left plastic ramp out (no metal section). The spring needing tweaked becomes visible with that removed (just barely). It is mounted on the left post of the gate. Just reach in with your figure and bend it upwards and your done.

Thanks a lot!

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LE 335, serial #297622 arrived today. So much for the correlation between LE and serial numbers.
(At first I thought the number was 333 which would have been awesome).
[quoted image]

Glad you finally got it!

#746 4 years ago

I put Pinstadium Omegas in my Elvira LE tonight. I love them! I have them set at only 20 percent because I really like the dark effects and haunted kind of feel the game has. If I have them on high it changes the feel of the game too much. However the middle of the playfield is just too dark without them. There are no spotlights in the game and it’s very hard to read all the inserts and playfield labels without the Pinstadiums. I have the UV flasher hooked up to the shaker motor. There isn’t much shaker code yet but it’s cool when it comes on. Just played a couple games and it was great to see everything. This photo is at 20 percent light level.

D9F98C7F-C839-4498-88A7-1D7754FBA189 (resized).jpegD9F98C7F-C839-4498-88A7-1D7754FBA189 (resized).jpeg
#747 4 years ago

Figures WackyBrackke would downvote that. Ask Mikey, he won’t like it, he hates everything.

#748 4 years ago

Had a weird glitch just now. Got to trailer trash for only the second time. It played a video right at the start with Elvira with bats in the beginning. She talked about 15-20 seconds but there was no sound on the entire clip. Never saw that clip before. Wondering if my machine just didn’t play that clip right this one time or if there is a bug in the code. Anyone else have this issue? Otherwise played flawlessly.

#751 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought about ordering a set but my concern was that they would interfere with the cool lighting effects on the house when it looks like the house is moving. Do you see any degradation of that effect at all?

Not at 20 percent plus all the gi lights dim at key times with the house and the crypt so no effect there because they turn off. I really like it at 20 I’ll have it at 100 on my JP I’m sure but totally different pin.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Personally that's way too bright for me.
If I decide it's too dark at some point, I'll do something similar to what I did on Munsters and add a few strategically placed spots.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/94#post-5050593
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It’s all personal taste. I like some games darker than others. Some people like them all bright and some hate pinstadiums. Everyone should do what works for them. My game room has recessed lights. One is directly over my AFMR so I don’t need any pinstadiums on that and I put that machine there on purpose. I have Pingraffix powerblades on it and they would be pointless with pinstadiums. My JP sits nowhere near a light and is pretty dark. I’m putting pinstadiums in that one and will set it much brighter.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You guys diggin this game? I haven’t played it but I love the theme. Thinking about selling my Dialed In LE and getting a premium. Thoughts?

I absolutely love my Elvira HOH. The mechs are much cooler than typical and it shoots super fun. I play that machine more than any one right now. I would say my three favorite are POTC, JP and Elvira.

#761 4 years ago

The deadheads are really cool also. The pool floaties were removed in the first code update.

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sounds like the code has a long ways to go.

Well they will definitely add a lot more, some targets not even programmed yet, but that’s likely just a glitch. They will fix it. Has happened in most recent pins.

#770 4 years ago

The house is sounding more fragile than I expected. These are plastic pieces that are breaking though not metal is that right? Someone will have to create acrylic protectors for that side of the house. Anyone working on anything?

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

We all got the ugly yellow price card. I’d love to get the pre-release house photo card instead.

It really is ridiculous that for $9,500 you don’t even get a quality home use apron card. Simple things that cost them next to nothing that they could do that would make their customers really happy. That and changing out that horrible jet like fan in the power supply.

#795 4 years ago

Well my "Go Away" wall will never break. I'm kind of dangerous when I have time off from my real job. I took out my left ramp, which is fairly easy (5 screws and 3 connectors on the plastic part and 4 screws 2 connectors on the metal part). The wall comes of really easy after that. I used my good wall to trace out my protector on a piece of stainless I had in shop. Out came the dremel, the grinder and the drill. I channeled my inner Cliffy and now have a perfect protector.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Job! Please be more dangerous and make these for sale! You got one customer lined up already and I’m betting a bunch more right behind me. I was first guys...

#797 4 years ago

I sense a house repair in my future. Cliff come to the rescue! I bet they are making a fix at the factory now and that is why premiums are delayed. It’s a good thing like Rob said though for them to delay and fix it now. So what do you think is causing the damage? A hard shot to the garage that raises above the orbit?

#802 4 years ago

Well I guess either Stern or Cliff will protect us. My bet is Cliff’s solution would be better.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So you're saying the bottom left part of that wall should just GO AWAY ? (Just like it says on that wall.)

Certainly seems like the best solution especially since you can’t even see it. Too bad mine still has it. It’s going to break sometime it seems. Whenever the ball rockets above the orbit under that part of the house.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why is it that guys always seem to brag about length?

Ummm, no reason at all I can think of. Speak softly but carry a big stick.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It's not easy by any means. I only make it about 1 in every 10 plunges. (Just an estimate. ) It has to be hard enough to get past the gate on the back right of the house, but slow enough that it doesn't go all the way around. Just got to find that happy medium.

This is exactly it thank you! You have to plunge so it goes through the first gate on the back of the house but does not go all the way around. It needs to stop behind the house. If it does that it seems to give you the shot every time. So it’s simply plunging strength. Since learning this key to the shot from this simple but yet brilliant post, I made the back door shot twice in my first game attempting this. On the next game made it twice again.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And I also of course like the extra ball with the deadheads... Provided the deadhead vuk doesn't just drain your ball for you.. .Which it does about 1/5 of the time for me. I think they need a ball saver for when it launches. I shouldn't get penalized for making that shot only for it to get launched directly into the left outlane.

Lower your crypt VUK kick power and it won’t shoot to the outlane. Play around with what works best for your setup. I never drain from the crypt shot now. That will also do less dimpling to the playfield.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I downloaded code again. Was getting the "locating node board 1 8 9" message.
Let's see if it works this time.
Anybody else have this issue?

Is your coin door open when you see this? Been covered a few times.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Close it? Will do. Thx

Yes. If your game has a white switch on the left side of the coin door then you will get those notices whenever the coin door is open. Just shuts off high power so any boards using more than 12V I think don’t work. Definitely not the 48v ones.

1 week later
#1104 4 years ago

It doesn’t look like the new code fixed the error with the trunk freezing up with two balls in it and going to ball search causing modes to time out. Why didn’t they address that???

#1118 4 years ago

So the new code is great. There are a ton of more call outs with Elvira. On some movie haunts she now says a call out on every shot really cool.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from legui:

Here is a picture of the protector.[quoted image]

What is the issue with air balls? I bought this protector thinking I would need it but I never have balls fly off the end of the left ramp. What are you guys with air balls experiencing?

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. Working on some revisions.

I assume it was obvious to the mod makers but I hope someone is making purple plastic protectors. Dying to get those.

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Just ordered a set from Cointaker

Thanks just got them!

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, let's see if we can try this again..we've taken on feedback and made some changes. We shrunk the large tombstone by half and broke up the three others into single tombstone. Each of the single tombstones replaces a ramp flasher and the big tombstone flashes white, tied to the house ramp skull flasher. I think this works much better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree these are better. I like them replacing the plain red flasher domes.

#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Anyone having an issue with their shaker motor on the game? Ran coil test 7 and the shaker shakes but in game I never feel it go off. I apologize if this is already addressed

There is almost no shaker code programmed yet.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

Mine does not look pretty either... maybe a correction after ramp was manufactured... unfortunately.
Looks look they broke something to avoid stuck balls - just an assumption.
[quoted image]

It seems that almost everyone’s ramp hits the right gargoyle that’s just how they assembled all of them. Impossible to move without drilling the playfield. Mine is staying put. Good news is Dennis himself says it’s not to worry about.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Keith? You mean Dennis?

Whoops yeah sorry

3 months later
#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Hey everyone. I finally made a video of my topper. I apologize in advance for the shaky camera work.

[quoted image]

Beats the hell out of Stern’s. I’d buy one.

5 months later
#5217 3 years ago

My right opto was out for six months from the time it went out to the time Stern sent me the right part and I got it installed. Couldn’t play the game. Hoping the optos on this machine don’t fail again.

2 weeks later
#5684 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Looking for some help....I got a topper and just installed it tonight. All the lights seem to be working but the opening part doesn't seem to do anything. We played a few test games and got multiball but it didn't open like I thought it would. After the game I went into the topper in game features (while holding down the 48v button), I press the select button to cycle between open and closed but nothing happens. The first few times it made a very faint knocking sound but now nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Following. This has been my experience too. Anyone else?

I have the same problem. Sometimes the red and green lights are on in attract mode and sometimes just white and sometimes nothing. I find that odd. My pop feature tests and pops but it’s never done anything in a game. Definitely connected correctly. I am thinking there are code issues if multiple people have the same problem. I’ll set to 100 and see if that does anything.

#5685 3 years ago

Ok so I tried setting my scream value for the topper to 100 percent. The topper finally did pop open once during two of three multiballs. So it appears to work but not very much. Code issues? They don’t describe anywhere what the topper is supposed to do so all I’ve seen is Zach’s You Tube unboxing video.

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, as in the price of gold, these too will appreciate over time. I think

Totally agree with this. I’ve been following topper prices since I joined the hobby. I have yet to find an original topper that has not maintained or appreciated in price. I know some hate the ridiculous prices and say that those of us that still buy them make it worse. Probably yes and no. However I got into this hobby for pure fun and certainly not to save money. It’s by far the most expensive hobby I’ve ever had. None of it is inexpensive. For me, I like to have everything for my pins and I like that the Stern toppers are interactive with the game. They add enough for me that they are personally worth it. And I know I can sell most of them years down the road. Toppers in fact seem to hold their price better than the pins themselves.

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pinstadiums would ruin the lighting effects in EHOH in my opinion.
Rob

I agree. The pin is dark though so I have pinstadiums in my EHOH but I have the level set to 35%. It adds enough light to make the pin easily visible but is dark enough that all the light effects still look great.

#5733 3 years ago

How is that Avengers compared to Elvira? I was considering buying one but wasn’t blown away by the gameplay I’ve seen on the net. I know the code is young but flow seems a little off to me.

I have both. Actually Avengers is one of the funnest shooting pins I’ve ever played. The shots are smooth and lots of great ones. I enjoy it a lot.

1 month later
#6112 3 years ago

I am having a major issue with balls getting stuck in the garage. I had the original gate that balls get stuck behind. That was the cause of the problem I thought. I just replaced that Saturday and finally thought my garage would work. I was saddened to find out balls continue to get stuck in the garage. Often two or three balls stay in there instead of releasing and just counting the ball toward multiball. Then they all come out at once when the lost ball search finally runs four times and releases all the locks. The balls definitely are not getting stuck behind the gate anymore and I am certain there is no debris blocking the exit. I’ve tested the garage post and it fires every time I test it. Has anyone else had this problem? So depressing I’ve have my LE for a year and have only been able to play it for a month. It was down for six months while I waited for a new opto for the right ramp while we had the Covid shutdown. I’ve got an email into Pablo at Stern but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if and/or how you fixed it. I’m thinking it’s an issue with the garage post not dropping when it’s supposed to. Thanks.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

It sounds like your machine does not know that there are pinballs in the garage. Have you tried going into switch test to see if the ball lock opto switches are working?
Go to diagnostics, enter switch test, glass off and coin door closed. Then feed a ball into the garage by hand. You should be able to hear and see the optos activate on the display, then the lock post solenoid will fire and ball will release automatically.

I tested everything. The garage lock post works. The optos work and the gate is fine. It seems that balls stay in the garage until three are inside. I think it is supposed to release the balls after they register and not hold them in the garage. When it holds balls in there, the optos only seem to register the first two. The third ball must be too far back from the opto to register or something but three balls are sitting in there and not coming out and it’s actually even worse than before I replaced the gate. Seems so weird especially if no one else is having this issue.

2 years later
#12467 1 year ago

Hello everyone I just had a tech over to help me make some tweaks to my Elvira VUK and it just so happens that right after he finished that while he was here my crypt stopped working properly, the skull was hitting the playfield and forcing the crypt to cycle up. We took off the roof and found that the screw had become completely unscrewed and was attached by a single thread and the arm that moves the crypt underneath the playfield also had become completely unattached. I strongly recommend everyone remove the roof from their crypt and just take a look at the screw on the bottom right and see if it’s tight if it’s not you better take it apart and fix it before it completely falls apart. I was super lucky this happened while he was here because completely disassembling that and reassembling was beyond my comfort level and that is what we had to do to fix it. It’s working perfect now.

#12509 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wow, speakers reflecting pretty bad. On gz and rush it's near invisible. I do use bent plastic piece from pinball lifecon elvirs, blocks 90% of speaker light

This is the reason I don’t use speaker lights. I love them but they reflect off the glass something fierce!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GamerRick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=GamerRick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.